8.1

1. Dec 14, 2014
    Overall, amazing story and decent graphics, but horrible gameplay. This game is frustratingly HARD ... not because the enemies are hard, but because it's broken. The percentage of times I've died due to random glitches or stupid controls is appalling. I've never had anywhere close to as many problems on other FPS games.

This game is filled with bugs and poor design. The upgraded

This game is filled with bugs and poor design. The upgraded graphics are commendable. The story is quite good. But the controls and gameplay are just horrible.

First, I have a pretty good sense of directions, and yet I've gotten lost on every single level. The objectives are never clear, and the level design is so repetitive that every single corner looks exactly the same as the previous. How do you expect anyone to navigate without a map or distinctive markings? The wall texture at the beginning of the level looks the same as the texture at the end.

Also, the game auto-saved on me right before I died twice. It was impossible to get out of that situation. Jumping off platforms is horribly annoying because the game thinks you've already left the edge when I clearly should still be standing on it.

Worst of all, driving a vehicle is like playing QWOP. Vehicles just love to flip over on their own. I'd like to stick whoever designed the driving controls into a grenade-filled Warthog. And then have him drive through "The Maw" 10 times.
  2. Nov 19, 2011
    I was honestly really disappointed when I got this game. I thought it would be just like the first game only with updated graphics and online multiplayer, like what the trailers suggested, but instead I got a rushed, excuse for a remake. The Multiplayer was the biggest let down. It's basically like a Halo Reach add-on only without Halo Reach itself and only 6 maps, with two of my favoriteI was honestly really disappointed when I got this game. I thought it would be just like the first game only with updated graphics and online multiplayer, like what the trailers suggested, but instead I got a rushed, excuse for a remake. The Multiplayer was the biggest let down. It's basically like a Halo Reach add-on only without Halo Reach itself and only 6 maps, with two of my favorite maps missing, Sidewinder and Blood Gulch. The Campaign was interesting with it's updated graphics and terminals, but I don't think that alone is worth $40. If you like this game, that's fine with me but I don't recommend it. Expand
  3. Dec 27, 2011
    It has begun we thought it was just hollywood but now there doing to games remakes yes it launched the xbox I know I was there I bought my first xbox so happy to know that Bungie would do a half ass reboot later..ooo we can see the sunglare, water splashes, little more details wow really bungie you want us to pay 60 bucks for that how about you actually redid the whole thing with theIt has begun we thought it was just hollywood but now there doing to games remakes yes it launched the xbox I know I was there I bought my first xbox so happy to know that Bungie would do a half ass reboot later..ooo we can see the sunglare, water splashes, little more details wow really bungie you want us to pay 60 bucks for that how about you actually redid the whole thing with the graphics like reach or maybe put some extra stuff say be able to use odst troopers or even design your own marines like in reach..considering this is after reach campaign...Maybe this title has run its course to know that there is a Halo 4 next year really come on, how many more till you realise your flogging a dead horse..Are you gonna go the way of guitar hero or ,et it finish like GOW, M.E, COD MW. Let it go and start something new.. Expand
  4. Dec 3, 2012
    I liked this game quite a lot - the first pics i saw were awesome. But now, it looks just old. A cool game ... 10 years ago. Today it lacks a gripping story, drama and good graphics. The later I can accept - the first two not. Still good - the controls (except the driver controls of the warthog, they still suck).

1. Feb 15, 2012
    Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is almost as good in reality as it ever was in your memory. The graphical update is welcome and the multiplayer maps are decent if not amazing. There are a few rough edges and cracks around the once infallible gameplay, but nothing that would stop you enjoying Halo: CE immensely the second (or first – lucky you) time around.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012
    Nicely done remake of one of the essential games among console FPS genre has the potential to surprise newcomers and thrill the veterans. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    It's an amazing piece of gaming history, to be certain, but a purchase decision still comes down to this: If you're a fan of the series who loved or missed the original, it's a no-brainer. This is one of the best pieces of fanservice our industry has ever produced, and you need to go buy it. On the other hand, if you're an FPS fanatic trying to decide between this or Rage or Deus Ex, you may want to think twice before dropping 40 bones on a shooter that doesn't quite stack up to the competition.