Halo: Reach Xbox 360

8.1

Generally favorable reviews- based on 2060 Ratings

1. Sep 16, 2010
    This game is amazingly fun and I haven't even tried Forge World Yet! I don't see why people keep putting zeros in for a score. It is a solid game with good game play so please write legitimate reviews! I am going to be playing this game for months ahead so I think it deserves a 10/10.
  2. Nov 12, 2011
    Game delivered. People **** about this game and then MW3 comes out and that makes this look like pure gold

New engine
    New maps and some classics
    new game types and gameplay
    new features and additions to forge
    Great closing story bringing us back to the beginning
    highest quality from bungie.
  3. Sep 17, 2010
    Wow...
    Every single one of these negative reviews are like "Hurr durr, buy a PS3 and play Killzone 2," which can't hold a candle to ANY of the Halo games. I rarely see Xbots voting down games on the console of your choice...
    Wow...

My time with Reach has been great. Nothing short of amazing graphics, story, gameplay, the whole package. The multiplayer is the most fun of any game out there today.

If you can't have fun playing Halo: Reach, then I feel sorry for you.

I own both consoles and both games, so I'm not just talking about something I don't know about like the idiots voting 0 and telling you to buy a PS3. Seriously: grow up, and enjoy your console for what it is.
  4. Sep 16, 2010
    This is the best game ever! It has everything, campaign, campaign matchmaking, firefight with TONS of customizations, super incredible forge 2.0, super fun and addictive online, custom games, theatre, new weapons, new game types, new vehicles, armory, credits, challenges, awesome file browser, amazing stuff on bungie.net, commendations, new medals, loadouts, armor abilities, epicThis is the best game ever! It has everything, campaign, campaign matchmaking, firefight with TONS of customizations, super incredible forge 2.0, super fun and addictive online, custom games, theatre, new weapons, new game types, new vehicles, armory, credits, challenges, awesome file browser, amazing stuff on bungie.net, commendations, new medals, loadouts, armor abilities, epic cinematics, new enemies, active roster, arena, firefight matchmaking and versus and MORE!!!! Expand
  5. Sep 23, 2010
    Halo 3 was nowhere near as impressive as the new Reach, the graphics and environments are eye poppingly beautiful, the audio and music is atmospheric and powerful, and the story, well, it's there. Most people play the game for the sake of playing the game, and I'm no exception. This is Halo on Steroids, big, beautiful, loud, explosive and a treat to play. Don't expect much new gameplayHalo 3 was nowhere near as impressive as the new Reach, the graphics and environments are eye poppingly beautiful, the audio and music is atmospheric and powerful, and the story, well, it's there. Most people play the game for the sake of playing the game, and I'm no exception. This is Halo on Steroids, big, beautiful, loud, explosive and a treat to play. Don't expect much new gameplay here, but count on an awesome time in front of your big screen. It's a must-buy for ANY Xbox owner. Expand
  6. Sep 23, 2010
    Halo Reach is the best game in the Halo series to date. There is so much to do and see in this game it is overwhelming. A must buy for anyone with an Xbox 360!
  7. Sep 21, 2010
    Now i am a halo fanboy and for 6 years i have thought that halo 1 is the best in the series. Reach topped that and it is now my favorite game of all time. Campaign is only 6-8 hours but thats just a small part of the game. Multiplayer is fun as hell with over about 20 game modes. It's got firefight that is like horde from gears. Online 4 people can play the campaign together. It's myNow i am a halo fanboy and for 6 years i have thought that halo 1 is the best in the series. Reach topped that and it is now my favorite game of all time. Campaign is only 6-8 hours but thats just a small part of the game. Multiplayer is fun as hell with over about 20 game modes. It's got firefight that is like horde from gears. Online 4 people can play the campaign together. It's my favorite game of all time and i've bought every halo that's ever came out. I give it a 10. Expand
  8. Sep 27, 2010
    I've played all the Halo's going back to the original on the XBOX. This is the best Halo, it looks better, it plays better, it has more options, more features, more everything. Now, as far as campaign goes, let's face it, Halo CE is unbeatable, its like a new Star Wars movie trying to beat the original Star Wars...CAN'T BE DONE! It's a classic for a reason. Still, this campaign is a funI've played all the Halo's going back to the original on the XBOX. This is the best Halo, it looks better, it plays better, it has more options, more features, more everything. Now, as far as campaign goes, let's face it, Halo CE is unbeatable, its like a new Star Wars movie trying to beat the original Star Wars...CAN'T BE DONE! It's a classic for a reason. Still, this campaign is a fun one.

Obviously there is significant amount of those who post reviews just to hate on a game, you'd be wise to ignore them. I find very little merit to most of their arguments, none that even bear repeating.

The only thing missing is all my friends who grew up and don't play video games any more...we would have had a lot of fun LAN partying this game. As it is online is great. Too bad the online community of games is so ruthless in their language. I simply have mute set as the default and only use party chat with friends. While this hurts teamwork...if you are a person of normal maturity level, you'd be wise to do the same. The other annoying thing online is players who are not there to play the game, just there to be "tools" and/or quit in the middle of a game. I can't really blame the game makers for this, its just something to be aware of that could negatively impact your online experience.
  9. Nov 10, 2010
    I'm still playing it every day, it's pretty darn good. Being a huge Halo fan I can honestly say it has the potential to be the best in the series. Chock full of features, and updated gameplay and graphics while adhering at it's core to the Halo formula is done well. I'm reviewing months after release for a reason however, to make sure I'm not caught up in the initial "glow". As bungieI'm still playing it every day, it's pretty darn good. Being a huge Halo fan I can honestly say it has the potential to be the best in the series. Chock full of features, and updated gameplay and graphics while adhering at it's core to the Halo formula is done well. I'm reviewing months after release for a reason however, to make sure I'm not caught up in the initial "glow". As bungie continues to tweak the playlists, and the game mechanics themselves ( as they tend to do to meet community wishes ), it could be a 10. For now, it's an 8. Expand
  10. Sep 15, 2010
    Halo Reach is a great game!! Is it perfect, no!! Don't not listen to all the Sony fanboys on here...of course they are going to rate it down!! If you like a good singleplayer and multiplayer shooter pick it up!!
  11. Sep 15, 2010
    I lol'd at all the fanboys that don't have Halo: Reach or played it and they come rate it a 0. They should take off all of those fanboy ratings because I played this game and it is way better than it FPS on PS3 so all those fanboys that have no life just trashing a game they don't have need to go get a life. I have the game and it's good.
  12. Sep 15, 2010
    First off, if you didn't play the game don't rate it. People complain that it looks just like the last one, the graphics are terrible, blah blah blah. These people obviously haven't played the game at all. Also, people say the game has a 3-4 hour campaign. yeah, when you play on easy mode where it takes 10 enemies to damage you. On Heroic, the campaign is easily 10 hours or more, andFirst off, if you didn't play the game don't rate it. People complain that it looks just like the last one, the graphics are terrible, blah blah blah. These people obviously haven't played the game at all. Also, people say the game has a 3-4 hour campaign. yeah, when you play on easy mode where it takes 10 enemies to damage you. On Heroic, the campaign is easily 10 hours or more, and Legendary is even longer. The game is similar to halo 3, but at the same time it's its own game. The multiplayer experience is fresh with new gametypes, weapons, maps and vehicles. It plays much differently. Another thing: the forge is now much more streamlined and easy to use. the game was out for 24 hrs and i was impressed by the amazing maps that had already been created by the community. People say that it's like call of duty. The only similarities i can find are loadouts and the fact that it's an FPS, and the loadouts aren't even remotely similar to those in COD. If you are one of those whiny people that hate everything that has the word halo anywhere near it, then fine. Don't buy it, it's one less person the community has to listen to wine online. Sure, call me a fanboy if you want. Everything I've said here is the truth, stated as plainly as i can. I think right now the game is probably a 9.75. There are still a couple of server issues that need to be worked out, plus not all playlists are available yet. But this is Bungie's last hurrah, and i think that they've done the series and their fans proud. Expand
  13. Sep 16, 2010
    Fantastic game, is a true representation of what Games should be like, it's what Developers need to DO! Many have lost their way, Bringing out sequels that are basically the same as the previous version. (mw1/mw2 etc etc).

Bungie's last wish has come true, This is an epic game, and it shows just how epic some game developers can be, and what it can give back to the community. Best Game

Best Game of the Year by miles 10/10
  14. Sep 16, 2010
    Great game! jhsdflkdjs fldskj fdslk jfdslkfj dsljfsdlkfj sdlkf jdkjf kjf erjuwlkj nvmcsdfsd t sr sr tesetsst awre wet wqet WERT WRT E TSY YAY A ya y st xt
  15. Sep 16, 2010
    Halo reach is an amazing game, nearly perfect in avery aspect of game play it shined in campain with an amazing story and epic scenery. But, if you play a game just for MM reach won't disapoint, it's ranking system is flawless finaly rid of the boosters and derankers that plauged halo games of the past. Reach is the game of the year in my book.
  16. Pyr
    Sep 16, 2010
    This is an awesome game, I played the beta and I had been eagerly waiting play the full version that I now own. It's everything I was looking forward to and more, the campaign is fun and challenging and the multiplayer is much improved and the graphics are great.
  17. Sep 16, 2010
    Nada que hacer, es el máximo de la saga Halo. Hasta pronto Bungie, solo esperemos que 343 sepa por lo menos igualar su obra maestra. Es mejor esperar todo lo que esparamos pero que saquen productos de tan alta calidad como este trabajo.
  18. Sep 16, 2010
    It's astonishing how many user reviews on here are obviously not from people who have played the game. Even if the game was awful, I certainly wouldn't review it if I didn't play it. Anyway, I'll keep this short. The campaign is one of the most varied yet and dare I say it the best in the series. Excellent AI keeps you on your toes, great (but not brilliant) graphics, amazing music andIt's astonishing how many user reviews on here are obviously not from people who have played the game. Even if the game was awful, I certainly wouldn't review it if I didn't play it. Anyway, I'll keep this short. The campaign is one of the most varied yet and dare I say it the best in the series. Excellent AI keeps you on your toes, great (but not brilliant) graphics, amazing music and audio effects, super-addictive and refined multiplayer and enough gameplay provided between the campaign, firefight, matchmaking and forge that you'll be playing this for years. Expand
  19. Sep 16, 2010
    I am very happy with this game. I told myself I was done after Halo 3 but I am very glad I decided to purchase this. Multiplayer is way more fun with the addition of the armor abilities. The difficulty is intense but not frustrating. As for the whining fanboys who give a game they never played a zero simply due to it not being on the console they happen to own just dis-regard theirI am very happy with this game. I told myself I was done after Halo 3 but I am very glad I decided to purchase this. Multiplayer is way more fun with the addition of the armor abilities. The difficulty is intense but not frustrating. As for the whining fanboys who give a game they never played a zero simply due to it not being on the console they happen to own just dis-regard their reviews. Just smile to yourself and realize that you will never be as pathetic as some of these bottom feeders. Expand
  20. Sep 16, 2010
    The only good thing about this game is the campaign, the online gameplay is full of nothing but bull **** calls. **** terrible job on the online aspect of this game all around.
  21. Sep 17, 2010
    You can get a pretty good idea of what Halo Reach generally has to offer from reviews by both customers and professional critics available, but I'd like to focus this review on certain aspect of Reach that I found particularly worthy of praise, namely the combat. For me, Bungies Halo series (not counting Ensemble's still excellent Halo Wars) have always had distinctive, varied and freeYou can get a pretty good idea of what Halo Reach generally has to offer from reviews by both customers and professional critics available, but I'd like to focus this review on certain aspect of Reach that I found particularly worthy of praise, namely the combat. For me, Bungies Halo series (not counting Ensemble's still excellent Halo Wars) have always had distinctive, varied and free flowing combat I love, but Reach is really the pinnacle of that Bungie unique brand of FPS combat. It's hard to find faults in a system that Bungie invented and perfected through almost two decades of developing FPS.

In a lot of other FPSs, there's usually couple of selected weapons I tend to gravitate toward after familiarizing myself with what's available in the game. However, players would be hard pressed to find such "Swiss Army knife" of guns in Reach. The weapons library and availability are well balanced; the perfect weapon is very much dependent on the various elements of any given situation and environment. While the basic combination of energy arms to wear the shield down and kinetic ones to kill still provide the basis of your weapon selection consideration, increase in variety of open and close environments and types of enemy encountered add complicity and weightier consequences to decisions made on what firearms to bring into the next battle. This by no means strictly limits each weapon into specific categories of engagements. On the contrary I found most weapons to be flexible enough to serve in all situation but choosing the right ones to match your skill sets and circumstances is absolutely critical in surviving higher difficulties in the game.

The levels themselves are excellently designed and provide the perfect backdrops to both small and large scale battles. Placement of enemy troops seems to be pre-scripted limiting battles to specific locale on the map, but the movement of those enemies are not as restricted and helps to retain dynamic flow of the battle. While the maps are fairly linear, the areas of each encounter are open (horizontally and vertically, I might add) and offer great amount of flexibility in tactical approaches and executions, especially with other live players. During a coop campaign mission, I found myself going back to a perch from an earlier point in the game that overlook the area we were suppose to defend and provided effective stand off support from a distance for my teammates.

Speaking of teammates, AI of your computer controlled allies have not changed all that much from the previous games, which isn't necessary a bad thing. I like the fact that Halo friendly AI can act independent of players' action. In combat, they are not hiding behind the player character expecting he/her to push the front line forward like other FPS (CoD). But some sense of self preservation in friendly teammates like Covenant grunts often display would go a long way to immerse the player. On the other hand, enemy AI have improved drastically. Players no longer have their sole attention like I've seen in many other FPS. Covenant troops seem to react to other Spartans or human soldiers as well, depending on the level of threat they present at that instant. Since player is never alone in any mission, this effectively makes flanking a viable and necessary tactic in SP campaign. When I drop back to recharge shield, it's an opportunity to approach the enemy from the side while they are focused on my teammates. It isn't an sure fire technique as enemy AI sometimes will utilize their advantage and pursue when when you're recharging especially if you are overly aggressive and advance too far behind the line. Enemy AI will now recognize and use force multiplier in field like turrets (even gun turrets on abandoned warhogs which was something I didn't see them doing in previous games) and unoccupied vehicles. Overall, they seem "smarter" than before at gauging the situation and player intent then reacting accordingly; for example they throw grenades to flush out players in defensible positions, move to a safe distance before firing explosive weapon when players are close, deploy armor lock-down when players try to run them over, disable player vehicle with plasma overcharge to counter zoom and boom tactic etc.

The only real complaint I have is the fact that drop ship deployment are almost instantaneous and in static locations often invulnerable to fire from ground. The instant enemy reinforcement really work against my usual tactics of wearing the enemy strength down from medium and long range then seizing the momentum and charging at the weaken remaining troops. In Reach such combination of tactics would get me sandwiched between the remaining enemies and fresh reinforcement dropping behind me. But that's more of a personal preference than a legitimate gripe toward the game.
  22. Sep 17, 2010
    this was the best game i have ever played except maybe halo 3. The graphics are awesome (for a halo) and the game play was flawless. The multiplayer is better even that Bad Company 2. If you don't buy and love this game, you are lame and stupid.
  23. Sep 17, 2010
    Definitely lives up to the hype. The campaign is amazing, especially playing co-op, and the multiplayer is the best yet with more customization than you'll know what to do with. With the new Forge and armor upgrade system Halo: Reach was well worth the wait.
  24. Sep 17, 2010
    Actual score: 9
    Actual score: 9
    Listen, if you didn't like Halo before this game, it's not going to try to change your mind. Why would it? Bungie already has millions of faithful fans, and as their last installment, they were not trying to widen their range. If you already hated Halo, and you're reviewing this, either A. You're an idiot for spending your money expecting a franchise as successful as Halo to cater to you.
    B. You're a liar who doesn't have the game and can't stand that other people love it.
    I'm not saying this game shouldn't have negative reviews. I'll admit, those saying that the campaign doesn't come close to the first have a point. But to give it a 7 or 6 based on that is, I believe, unfair. Most games that come out these days have a 4-6 hour campaign with a forgettable plot and no replay value. Halo Reach has a 10 hour campaign with an alright story and plenty of re-playability thanks to features like 4 player co-op, scoring systems, and the vast number of game-tweaking skulls. I'll admit, the narrative has something to be desired, and the characters simply aren't there long enough to care about them, but to someone who already is into the Halo lore (and there is a lot of it), this provides a short but sweet prologue.
    As for campaign gameplay, it starts out slow, but by the last few levels it really starts to feel like you're part of a losing war. There are no more backtracking levels, and no more flood. The real treat, however, is the amazing AI. Enemy AI that is. Friendlies still have a hard time driving and shooting. The enemies however, especially the elites, are superb. In no other game will the computer enemies dive, dodge, flank, or sneak up on you as much as a Halo elite. And in reach, they just get better. Brutes are characteristically.. well.. brutal, and hunters are for the first time a serious threat; tough to take down and heavy hitters.
    The campaign I would give an 8. But really, this game deserves a high score on content alone. When you buy your average game, you pay for a campaign, maybe some co-op mode, and multiplayer. When you buy Halo Reach, you buy a co-op campaign, a co-op mode, multiplayer with a ranked arena system, a HUGE map editor, game-wide theater replay, and best of all file-share, which allows players across Halo to share maps, gametypes, screens, and films.
    Not much to say about multiplayer. There aren't too many maps, but all of them are great. Blood Gulch finally makes a triumphant return, and Ivory Tower plays better than ever. Invasion is a new way for players to finally get their fill of elite vs. spartan conflict, and headhunter is just crazy. The biggest gameplay changes lie in the new armor abilities. They are all extremely fun to use and so far seem perfectly balanced. I prefer fooling enemies with the hologram, while my friends like to fly above with the jetpack to rain terror. Besides some new weapons, vehicles, and gameplay tweaks however, it's still Halo. If you hate Halo, you'll hate this.
    Firefight was never my favorite, but it's hard to not try it now and then with the amount of customization offered now. You change every set, every wave, every group of enemies. You can change their behavior, statistics, and weapon loadouts. Really, it's overwhelming. It also now includes matchmaking support.
    Theater mode is just as great as ever, but they seem to have removed the ability to watch with parties. This is a huge downer for me, as my doubles partner and I love to reminisce about old games. Still, considering no FPS games even have this feature, it's hard to complain.
    And forge. Wow. I spent hundreds of hours creating and sharing maps in the first forge, and I'm scared to even start with the new one. Whereas in Halo 3 you were often limited by frustrating controls and limited object physics, in forge world you honestly feel like your imagination is only thing limiting you. There really is almost nothing you cannot do. You can't change geography I guess, but you already have a huge variety of settings in the world, and you can add scenery like rocks and trees. Seriously, my friends and I have played thousands of H2/H3 custom games, and with the new forge system, I don't see us stopping any time soon.
    On the technical elements, the graphics are nice but nothing spectacular this day and age. Weapons and character models look amazing, but environments look plain and the frame rate can occasionally go down in heavy moments. The sound is the real star. While not quite matching the intensity of Bad Company's booming accompaniment, Reach is still far above average this time, with powerful-sounding guns and cannons, and rumbling explosions. Much more engaging than your average video game.
    All in all, you get what you pay for. If you're a Halo fan, you already know you're getting this. If you're one of those guys who absolutely despises Halo, stay away from us. No one cares.
    Technical: 8
    Story: 7
    Gameplay: 10
    Content: 10
  25. Sep 18, 2010
    In the beginning, you know the end.
    In the beginning, you know the end.
    These are the words Bungie have used to market Halo Reach and nothing could be closer to the truth. Over the last decade, Halo has been one of the most successful franchises in gaming history, providing the XBOX with a killer app and itself becoming a cultural phenomenon. However, with the Halo trilogy done, and as the fan base knows what happens to Reach, it was imperative that a deeper story would be needed that extended the Reach narrative.
    Enter Noble Team. An elite group of six Spartan soldiers located on Reach tasked with a mission to investigate the 'Visegrad Relay'. You play as Noble Six, a replacement Spartan for the others 'missing in action'. The first thing you will notice about the game is the improvement to the graphics. The engine has been completed overhauled and with smoother animation, this is easily the most technically impressive Halo yet. The artistic design is phenomenal, with Reach itself becoming a central character in the game with amazing vistas and variety.
    Althought the campaign is only 9 missions long, there is enought variety in terms of levels and scenarios to make this a valid purchase. Each mission, on Legendary, can take over an hour to complete.
    So, I've given Halo Reach a 9. What makes Halo Reach good?
    After completing the campaign, I had to admit I was a little dissapointed. I played the campaign on 'Heroic' difficulty and managed to complete it in a day. I had my own expectations of what I wanted to get from Halo Reach that I didn't get from this. But, in hindsight and after going back to the game with a clear head, Halo Reach is a brilliant piece of software.
    The campaign is incredibly varied. To go into too much detail enters 'spoiler territory' but the level 'Last Night in Solace' is my favourite Halo campaign mission ever. (Note: the mission shown in the E3 reveal!). Bungie have upted the action meter with a lot of background going on. Reach is being attacked by the Covenant and it feels like it. You will see battles in the skies and distance and there is a genuine feel of a constant threat around you trying to take your planet.
    The campaign does have it's shortcomings which I noticed more from playing on the 'Legendary' difficulty. The artificial intelligence. I had issues of Brutes walking past about seven marines to come for me, which completely killed the atmosphere. Likewise, the marines didn't fire shots. The marines are terrible at driving warthogs, always sending you in the line of fire (Legendary, that means death!) and concentrating fire on the wrong targets. Frustrating. I also noticed on the hardest difficulty the weapons seem to be unbalanced. It takes a silly amount of amunition to take down the smallest of targets and I feel Bungie should have relied more on 'armor upgrades' or 'tactics' to improve the difficulty rather than something as cheap as 'it will take 3 times as more shots to kill me'. An example is Ghost vs Ghost on Legendary you will always lose, even if you had the upper hand. Basically, the CPU cheats to make it difficult, which it still isn't, suprisingly. Another example is Elites dual-weilding plasma rifles, which you cannot do.
    Despite these shortcomings, Halo Reach does have some impressive campaign sleeves up it's belt. 'Armor abilities'. You'd think these would be game-breaking but infact, they are my new favourite additions to Halo. Armor abilities allow you to perform certain actions which now provides a new tactical edge to gameplay. The 'Hologram' is incredibly useful and hilarious in multiplayer as well as 'Armor Lock' which stops Online Vehicle Killing Sprees...finally.
    There are so many posotives to the Halo Reach package. Outside the campaign, there is a new CR system to purchase armor upgrades which are reflected in game and a new way of levelling up. It's a shame this was not expanded into other territories but I suppose that is what DLC is for. Forge has been expanded to include a 'map-editing' feature known as 'Forge World'. You cannot amend the geometry of the level but you can add items and structures. Firefight, from ODST, is included with several other gamnetypes such as 'Arena, Score Attack' which provide a large online package.
    The story of Halo Reach is well paced, but I wish there was a deeper narrative to develop a relationship with your fellow Spartans. I liked the fact that, despite everything going on, you were not the central character, the planet itself was. In the latter parts of the game, you are tasked with missions that are not exactly stereotypically 'end of game' missions but make you feel small and disposable, which is what you are in the jist of things.
    So, in conclusion, Halo Reach is a fantastic product. The campaign, on it's own scores at least an 8 with the other packages available pushing this to a nine. Play it on Heroic, you'll enjoy it and try legendary once you fancy a challenge. FeelinLuckyPUNK
  26. Sep 18, 2010
    As soon as I stepped into the first mission I immediately felt uncomfortable. It took a while before I realized why. It had nothing to do with the game itself, but my familiarity with the game series. You're a whole new Spartan and you're not alone, giving it a feeling akin to suddenly being an older sibling. It's something you should first get used to before passing judgement. When I seeAs soon as I stepped into the first mission I immediately felt uncomfortable. It took a while before I realized why. It had nothing to do with the game itself, but my familiarity with the game series. You're a whole new Spartan and you're not alone, giving it a feeling akin to suddenly being an older sibling. It's something you should first get used to before passing judgement. When I see people giving negative reviews, they often mention "old game play" But honestly, every shooter I've ever played has the same rule that put no difference between each other, that being, shoot and kill, and the difference is the execution between control layouts and what your get out of doing it. Grunt Birthday party, is fun, but not nearly as it was in Halo 2. As the game progresses, you get to know and respect your team for their strengths and character. AI is still at a point where you don't let them drive, though they seem less prone to flip, they drive like someone just stepping to the driver's seat, slowing you down quite a bit. Only thing I don't like is the lack of Flood, though they are rightfully left out, I wish they were in Fire Fight. Let's face it, they didn't get much attention in Halo 3. I will admit, I am disappointed, but that's because I was looking forward to something as epic as Mass Effect 2. It isn't, but it is hard to compare to a game of that caliber, that and the fact that they're different genres; Mass Effect being a 3rd person RPG, giving it more room, options, and several different ways to interact with people and knowing characters to a more personal level, (I fell in love with the cinematic) and Halo Reach being a 1st person Shooter with1 ending and characters showing who they are gradually as it progresses on a professional level. When it comes to game-play, it does seems like it's slower paced than the other installments, which continues to bother me, but I also had the same problem with Mass Effect 2. Overall, this is a game worth checking out. Expand
  27. Sep 19, 2010
    Halo Reach is truly enjoyable. My son and I completed the campaign via split screen and enjoyed the pace, story, orchestral score and playability. The multiplayer in cooperative mode is fun as well, or for a challenge, try competitive multiplayer. Thanks for a great series Bungie!
  28. Sep 19, 2010
    The campaign is second only to the first Halo. But when you consider the whole package (Campaign, Firefight, Multilayer, Forge) I think it is the best Halo yet. With some interesting new weapons and a new feel for the story the campaign was a blast and is definitely worth playing over again. Firefight has improved quite a bit since ODST. It is nice to be able to make your own game types inThe campaign is second only to the first Halo. But when you consider the whole package (Campaign, Firefight, Multilayer, Forge) I think it is the best Halo yet. With some interesting new weapons and a new feel for the story the campaign was a blast and is definitely worth playing over again. Firefight has improved quite a bit since ODST. It is nice to be able to make your own game types in Firefight. The multilayer is better than ever with more game options, the addition of load-outs, new weapons, armor abilities, and fun new maps. Forge has also greatly improved. What was once extremely frustrating in Halo 3 is only slightly frustrating in Reach. I would definitely recommend this to ALL of my friends. Expand
  29. Sep 20, 2010
    Wow, it's a perfect game! Bungie has discovered perfection formula! Halo Reach's graphics are the most beautiful ever, but yea not the best. But the feeling in that spacious place, with that cars, with that war whole thing! Wh-oah! They put a great and remarkable end to they last game with Microsoft-only.

An epic adventure, well told. The most epic game ever, maybe.
  30. Sep 20, 2010
    This is the greatest FPS to ever grace any console. It will be very hard to ever deliver a game on this level again. I only stopped playing it to have sex with my girlfriend.
  31. Sep 21, 2010
    This is an amazing Game!!!!!!!!!! Any fan of a first person shooter will love it. My only complaint is the shooting mechanics are a bit off. Besides that buy it you will not regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  32. Sep 21, 2010
    Truly a great game. I wasn't the biggest Halo fan but this game changed my opinion. New features like stealth 3rd person kills, classes, and a better forge made this game awesome. Great job Bungie
  33. Sep 23, 2010
    Reach is easily the best halo since combat evolved. Really it should have been Halo 3. Campaign was a tad short but classic. All these people that didnt like it are flat out little kids, that arent old enough to buy the game in the first place, complaining about how they changed it so much. They complain that they were great at halo 3 and suck at this. That's because this, unlike halo 3,Reach is easily the best halo since combat evolved. Really it should have been Halo 3. Campaign was a tad short but classic. All these people that didnt like it are flat out little kids, that arent old enough to buy the game in the first place, complaining about how they changed it so much. They complain that they were great at halo 3 and suck at this. That's because this, unlike halo 3, this is not noob friendly. They took away noob dual wielding, never seen one pro use this on a regular basis, as well they made the cross hair expand with the recoil so you have to time your shots and slow the pace. This is halo back to its roots, where it should be. Pro's are finally obvious and no little kids can think or claim they are pros, like they did in halo 3, because true skill really comes through this time. I have won 1000's of dollars in tournaments (since halo 1) and was flat out sick of all these noobs claiming to be pro. To the point where i stopped taking challenges unless it was at a tournament. Lost count of how many kids i shut out that thought they were MLG. This game finally puts noobs and medium skilled players in their place. If you dont like it, practice and get better. Dont blame the game for showing you who you really are. New weapons rock and are balanced, as long as you have an intelligent approach to combat situations you should do all right. Expand
  34. Sep 23, 2010
    HALO: Reach takes what is great about the franchise and makes it better. The campaign is by far the most story-driven of any of the HALO titles with plenty of excellent set pieces and emotional scenarios to draw you into the drama. The weight of the fall of one of humanity's largest colonies is conveyed in a truly masterful fashion. The closing scene after the credits is one of the mostHALO: Reach takes what is great about the franchise and makes it better. The campaign is by far the most story-driven of any of the HALO titles with plenty of excellent set pieces and emotional scenarios to draw you into the drama. The weight of the fall of one of humanity's largest colonies is conveyed in a truly masterful fashion. The closing scene after the credits is one of the most memorable scenarios I've experienced in any game.

Multiplayer is as addicting as ever. With the new credit system allowing you to cosmetically customize your Spartan III being a new pull to keep you engaged, you won't be backing away from this game any time soon. The controls are, expectedly, responsive and intuitive, and the new armour abilities add a new layer of strategy and give you several novel ways to unleash mayhem.

If you are a 360 owner, Reach is definitely a must-have title for your library.
  35. Sep 24, 2010
    This must be THE halo game of generation, story was good and graphics worked well. You can't call yourself a fps-player if you don't try this masterpiece. It's not flawless, but near to it. AI really gives you good fight in story-mode and especially in firefight. Loving it.
  36. Sep 24, 2010
    This was Bungie's last Halo game and hope 343 Industries can fill those big shoes. The campaign may seem short, but it is engaging, the multiplayer is at it's finest, Forge allows greater freedom, and Firefight has been greatly improved. There are also little bonuses for the game, so sign in and check them out. This truly is the best Halo game and the best bet to get Game of the Year.
  37. Sep 25, 2010
    I think that Bungie has finally made a leap in video gaming history i think this game will stand on the gaming market for a long time to come it has a fun and exiting campaign multiplayer is also fun with some new additions like armor abilities modes etc. there are a few downsides like the AI's and a short campaign but really those are just normal factors you see in every other game soI think that Bungie has finally made a leap in video gaming history i think this game will stand on the gaming market for a long time to come it has a fun and exiting campaign multiplayer is also fun with some new additions like armor abilities modes etc. there are a few downsides like the AI's and a short campaign but really those are just normal factors you see in every other game so that doesnt give it much marks down.i also think that it is a sad thing for Bungie to have the final game of the series and the final game they will ever be participating in so really for all the halo fans it must be a really dissapointing thing, but as i have said i think Bungie has finally made a game that will possibly get higher ratins that Mass Effect 2 and have set a gravestone for themselves as 'one of the greatest game developers to date'. Expand
  38. Sep 26, 2010
    Halo 3 was pretty damn good in all respects: Halo Reach polishes, refines and expands on everything that game did. I see myself playing this in 3 years time, hopefully even beyond the closure of the servers. This post is pretty stereotypical already, so I won't bore you further with details that you already know and probably have already formed your own opinion of. But I feel compelled toHalo 3 was pretty damn good in all respects: Halo Reach polishes, refines and expands on everything that game did. I see myself playing this in 3 years time, hopefully even beyond the closure of the servers. This post is pretty stereotypical already, so I won't bore you further with details that you already know and probably have already formed your own opinion of. But I feel compelled to say one thing more: 79 negative reviews? Are these people honestly saying that Halo: Reach is on the same level of quality as the likes of poor movie cash-ins such as Eragon and WALL.E? Sure, if you don't like the game that's fine, but at least try and be professional when posting a review. Your only making yourselves look stupid. Expand
  39. Sep 28, 2010
    The first halo game I actually enjoyed. I never liked halo that much, Halo 1 and 2 were decent but the gameplay lacked in comparison to other fps games like Time Splitters, and the multiplayer was simplistic back then. Halo 3 had a large focus on mainstream gaming because of the extreme auto aim, low damage weapons and the too much use of the same tactics (running in on someone whileThe first halo game I actually enjoyed. I never liked halo that much, Halo 1 and 2 were decent but the gameplay lacked in comparison to other fps games like Time Splitters, and the multiplayer was simplistic back then. Halo 3 had a large focus on mainstream gaming because of the extreme auto aim, low damage weapons and the too much use of the same tactics (running in on someone while shooting and then hitting once was used 9 out of 10)
    All of this however, has now been fixed. Gameplay is incredible smooth (i finnaly have the feeling im controlling the character instead of trying to push a floating object around, this game feels more direct and faster than any halo). Also, because of the new options for jetpacks, stealth, armor lock, etc. Much more tactics are possible, because of the jetpack, close combat weapons are less overpowered, and rockets kan finnaly be evaded by skilled players, however it has been balanced as such that when flying, you take more damage, so skillful players who can actually aim can kill you in no time, and when you become invisble because of stealth, you become deaf, so you can be backstabbed easily yourself, and cant hear were the fighting is. Singleplayer is more of the same, but just with smoother gameplay, and the jetpack allows some new memorable sections. The story is much more human and intelligent, like in ODST. So just small improvements here, nothing spectacular.
    Everyone should check this game out, also non halo fanboys, ESPECIALLY non halo fanboys
  40. Oct 1, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Funny that we live in a world of Halo now. The original Halo formula of carrying only two weapons, a dedicated grenade throwing and melee button, and shields instead of health packs lives on in every first person shooter. Think Call of Duty doesn't have recharging shields, just hide behind a dumpster for a few seconds while you magically heal yourself. All these games are just Halo without the colorful environments and aliens. Halo Reach is a little bit of a step back. The shields are not as strong and health packs are placed sparingly. I liked the grace period offered by Halo 2 and 3 better. Also missing are dual wielding weapons. Dual wielding also took a back seat to using the Battle Rifle, but this had more to do hiding behind cover at a distance than the fun factor of laying down a torrent of fire. Another oddity, a Scarab - the giant walking armored battle bug - returns but you don't fight it. I feel like the game misses out on a few hero moments like fighting the Scarab or singlehandedly storming an alien bunker.

Halo: Reach trades those hero moments for teamwork. You don't lead you term so much as shoot in close vicinity to them. It is definitely a trade off. You need to work with them but you can't really work with them. I was never a fan of having to set way points for my team as if they were bots - and lets be clear here, they are bots - but a little direction would be nice. Just a simple "stop" so I can trade weapons with them would do the trick.

All the criticism is moot, this is Bungie's last Halo game. Moreover, the game is great. I was taken back to the fun of "Assault on the Control Room" many times. The pacing and weapons are great. The space portion was so good I could play a whole game that way, and in fact did in the old X-Wing and Tie Fighter days. The last level is epic not in scope but in emotional impact. Stranded on a planet overcome by the Covenant, all you have left to do is fight to your death. After 4 Halo games here the protagonists live, this game shows you how perilous the fight is, how finishing the fight required a sacrifice of life.
  41. Oct 27, 2010
    Halo: Reach is a fantastic package, with several core components that on their own can outclass many other games. The campaign is excellent, backed by solid storytelling and a powerful audio-visual experience. The competitive multiplayer is familiar, yet brand new with a lot more options and a faster pacing. And the cooperative Firefight arcade mode has finally met its potential. WhetherHalo: Reach is a fantastic package, with several core components that on their own can outclass many other games. The campaign is excellent, backed by solid storytelling and a powerful audio-visual experience. The competitive multiplayer is familiar, yet brand new with a lot more options and a faster pacing. And the cooperative Firefight arcade mode has finally met its potential. Whether you like playing with friends like me or you're more of a lone wolf, Halo: Reach has evolved to the point where it'll make everyone happy. It's a fitting end to Bungie's involvement with the franchise, one that both references the past and injects new life into a tried and true formula. Newcomers and Halo fans alike will find plenty to love in Halo: Reach. Even if you've grown tired of the Halo formula through the years, I'd still recommend this game to you. It's just that good. Expand
  42. Jan 26, 2011
    Halo: Reach hits all the right notes to say good bye with a smile in our faces, the multi-player is fun, the campaign is intriguing, and all the other modes are fun. But Halo: Reach is using a method to make the campaign fun that one would only see in Call of Duty, the unique set pieces of blasting foes on vehicles, using designated air-bombs to clear a way and sneak at night to enemyHalo: Reach hits all the right notes to say good bye with a smile in our faces, the multi-player is fun, the campaign is intriguing, and all the other modes are fun. But Halo: Reach is using a method to make the campaign fun that one would only see in Call of Duty, the unique set pieces of blasting foes on vehicles, using designated air-bombs to clear a way and sneak at night to enemy base, I have done it all in Call of Duty, and it doesn't impress me when I do it. As the hype dies down, I realize that the missions are no different to regular Halo games, is you, with a team of Spartans this time, taking down using everything in your arsenal, the only thing that makes ths campaign different is the fact that the arsenal has armor abilities added. The multi-player hasn't changed except the inclusion of some fun modes and infected, which I hope doesn't gets eliminated. Everything else in this game is fantastic, to distract from the fact that it hasn't changed much, but its a grand distraction nonetheless. Expand
  43. Nov 24, 2010
    This game is an art masterpiece that should be bought by all xbox owners alike.Everyone who thinks otherwise sucks, because he/she is most likely a jealous ps3 fanboy who wants to deprive you of the ultimate gaming experience you will ever have in your life and therefore has no other option than to troll or kill himself because she/he FAILS at Life.
  44. Nov 24, 2010
    I love this game. It's the Halo ive been waiting for. I liked the plot, especially the set pieces, and the multiplayer is awesome. Forge and Firefight are pro and the entire system has been changed for the better.
  45. SFN
    Jan 11, 2011
    let me start off by saying that i hate prequal games because you already know whats gonna happen later so when i bought this game i had very low standards for it but i was wrong, this is really good, the variety of gameplay it has, the new weapons, and of course the new multiplayer, the storyline it has is very good, but the game does has its problems which is why i give it a 9/10
  46. Feb 10, 2011
    Having not cared as much for Halo 3 as I would have liked to, Reach swooped back and rekindled my interest in the franchise. The story is better, the graphics are better, the gameplay is polished to the EXTREME and multiplayer is better than it has ever been with flawless level design. This is a full package with seemingly endless amounts of gameplay, not including solid DLC support.
  47. Nov 2, 2011
    In Halo Reach, Bungie followed their same old formula from Halo 3 and made some minor additions with updated graphics. It is a very well paced, consistently engaged in action type of game that is Halo's trademark with the plus side that it is longer in storyline than most other shooters like Call of Duty. Some minor customization of your character is allowed in the beginning of your game,In Halo Reach, Bungie followed their same old formula from Halo 3 and made some minor additions with updated graphics. It is a very well paced, consistently engaged in action type of game that is Halo's trademark with the plus side that it is longer in storyline than most other shooters like Call of Duty. Some minor customization of your character is allowed in the beginning of your game, which is a nice because we all know Spartans are suppose to wear Green & White. It doesn't score as high as Halo 3 because it is not a sequel but a prequel that doesn't add anything to the lore. Expand
  48. Apr 4, 2011
    i will admit right off the bat that i am a PS3 fanboy and dont even own an Xbox 360 and personally dont like the system but i do give credit where it is due. my friends are Xbox owners so this is where i play this game. when i first heard of this game release i started bashing it even though i have never even played a halo game in my life but now that i have i can see why so many becomei will admit right off the bat that i am a PS3 fanboy and dont even own an Xbox 360 and personally dont like the system but i do give credit where it is due. my friends are Xbox owners so this is where i play this game. when i first heard of this game release i started bashing it even though i have never even played a halo game in my life but now that i have i can see why so many become addicted. the graphics are all right and the campaign i found was actually pretty good with great voice acting sound effects and a variety of weapons but that is not the only reason it is good. the online is amazing with the ability to make your own maps and if they are made properly then they rock and also the preset maps are also amazing and you can play with quite a few ppl and all the different modes you can play... overall the game is just breathtaking and even though my main system is the Playstation and i dont really like Xbox this may just be thier one saving grace this is a must have for all Xbox owners and it will keep you entertained for a long time Expand
  49. Jun 13, 2011
    im sick of all this "cod fanboy and halo fanboy" crap going around on the internet, the point being a good game is just a good game regardless what console or game it is. halo reach then is a must buy if you enjoyed past halos, simple as that. It may not reach (sorry about pun) the heights of halo 1's campaign but it gets close (definitely better than halo 2's campaign) if not as good asim sick of all this "cod fanboy and halo fanboy" crap going around on the internet, the point being a good game is just a good game regardless what console or game it is. halo reach then is a must buy if you enjoyed past halos, simple as that. It may not reach (sorry about pun) the heights of halo 1's campaign but it gets close (definitely better than halo 2's campaign) if not as good as halo 3's. maybe not the total masterpiece we were expecting but still a good shooter nonetheless Expand
  50. Jul 7, 2011
    I'm surprised. Halo: Wars or Halo 3: ODST may not have grabbed you well like Halo: 3 did, but perhaps THIS will. With excellent performances and graphics, you be asking your Mommy all the way home to buy eight copies. It's addicting and the Multiplayer Online should never fail you, unless your Xbox has series issues, that is.
  51. Jun 13, 2012
    Bit of a late review on this one, but Halo: Reach is pretty good. The single player campaign is fun and has an excellent story, and the multiplayer continues in the vein of previous Halo offerings with interesting, arcadey game types. Customizing your spartan is a pretty cool feature, but unlocking armor pieces and ranking up feels like a chore sometimes with the huge amount of creditsBit of a late review on this one, but Halo: Reach is pretty good. The single player campaign is fun and has an excellent story, and the multiplayer continues in the vein of previous Halo offerings with interesting, arcadey game types. Customizing your spartan is a pretty cool feature, but unlocking armor pieces and ranking up feels like a chore sometimes with the huge amount of credits you have to earn. Fortunately this is helped by daily and weekly challenges. Expand
  52. Nov 10, 2011
    Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten!Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Ten! Expand
  53. Jan 18, 2013
    This game has all the intuition of a first person shooter with the advantage of having a team of highly skilled "Nobel" Spartans to back you up. The weapons upgrades that were given as part of this game werre a great leap forward in the technology. Also the advanced sheilding and quicker healing times allowed for more prolonged fire fights when it came down to it with much less need toThis game has all the intuition of a first person shooter with the advantage of having a team of highly skilled "Nobel" Spartans to back you up. The weapons upgrades that were given as part of this game werre a great leap forward in the technology. Also the advanced sheilding and quicker healing times allowed for more prolonged fire fights when it came down to it with much less need to hide when the going gets tough. The addage "when the going get s tough the tough get going" really comes through in this game. The ending leaves a bit of a hole in my heart with the loss of Spartan 6. Expand
  54. Aug 28, 2014
    After seeing the complete shallow mess that was 343i's Halo 4... I can honestly say this is one of the deepest best Halo games ever made.

Halo 4 was the worst thing to even happen to mankind, I threw away my master chief figures and decided not to buy an xbox one because of 343i's halo 4.

This game is incredible on the other hand. the xbox 360's only 10/10 title.
  55. DME
    Mar 27, 2011
    Epic Campain, extremely balanced multiplayer, incredibly deep Forge Mode (even though it is difficult to use), lots of customization for private and offline matches. The only problem I have is that there is hardly anything to buy with the credits you earn besides armor. Reach is awesome fun with friends and decent when alone.
  56. Oct 29, 2012
    With Halo: Reach, Bungie wanted to go out on a high and other than a few grumbles about the game
  57. Dec 3, 2010
    This is the perfect Halo game. The campaign is dark and fantastic, multiplayer is as addicting as ever, and custom games and forge mode will keep creative gamers busy for months.
  58. Jun 30, 2012
    Halo: Reach very good game on xbox 360 and like part from Halo 3 halo 3 odst and i like any game is name halo ! my score 8/10 ... and this game the best game shooter on xbox 360 and we need see halo 4 how the game come to gamer ! by adil khojah
  59. May 11, 2011
    The game is certainly a Halo game which is both good and bad. Bad in the sense that the gameplay mechanics definitely feel very dated - it almost feels like an old-school FPS game. Good thing is, it's probably the best old-school style FPS game you can find. The story is lacking. I found it better on the second play through on legendary but I read a lot of the Halo lore after my firstThe game is certainly a Halo game which is both good and bad. Bad in the sense that the gameplay mechanics definitely feel very dated - it almost feels like an old-school FPS game. Good thing is, it's probably the best old-school style FPS game you can find. The story is lacking. I found it better on the second play through on legendary but I read a lot of the Halo lore after my first completion, which I supposed drew me into the world more so than the actual game did. Really, it's just follow the mission objectives without any real character development or drama. Many other FPS games have a better story. The graphics at times are very nice but often there's a ghosting or frame rate problem. It's a shame to say that you just get used to them, notwithstanding, the textures are great and there's some beautiful vistas - I just wish it ran better. The old excuse that "it like a sand box" fail, because the actual fighting areas don't seem much larger than most other games. It's either bungie or 360, but it's not a very smooth looking game. The MP also feels very dated, especially considering - with the exception of big team battle - most games are only 8 people. But strangely I can't stop playing the game, it's very addictive in its simplicity. I own Halo 1, 2 and 3; after 3 I thought I was finished with the Halo series because that game was terrible on every level but Reach is a very very good game. It's not game of the year, but if you love shooters and can stand a great old-school style FPS game Reach will give you your money's worth. I know I've said a lot of negative things about Reach, yet gave it a 9. The reason being is that I love playing it and I don't know why. The MP is so basic compared to my fav BFBC2 and even MW2 but running around trying to headshot people currently is dam fun. Oh, and jetpacks are a must for all FPS games from now on, there's so much potential for proper platforming. EDIT: Changed review from 9/10 to 10/10. I've played and loved the campaign 4 times over and logged many hours into MP now. This game is the piece de resistance of the Halo series. Expand
  60. Oct 7, 2010
    I'm a huge Halo fan, but none of the previous Halo games were never as good as Halo: Combat Evolved, but Halo: Reach is not only as good as Halo: Combat Evolved, it 's the best Halo game ever made! The game completely excelled my expectations on every level. First off the Campaign and story, the Campaign is much more fun than the rest of the series. The ally AI is better at combat, but notI'm a huge Halo fan, but none of the previous Halo games were never as good as Halo: Combat Evolved, but Halo: Reach is not only as good as Halo: Combat Evolved, it 's the best Halo game ever made! The game completely excelled my expectations on every level. First off the Campaign and story, the Campaign is much more fun than the rest of the series. The ally AI is better at combat, but not that great at driving. The Covenant AI is so much better, especially bringing the Elites back as the main enemy was the perfect idea that makes the Covenant terrifying aliens again. Now the story, which I find to be the strongest Halo story to date, it's also the easiest to follow since the original. You play as Noble Six, the newest member of an elite team of Spartans named Noble Team who are sent to investigate a disturbance at a relay outpost where local Insurrectionists are suspected. Noble Team then discovers that the Covenant are on Reach. The games begins as a few small skirmishes to full out war. I loved the sense of desperation and hope, and tragedy, no matter what happens, you know the plant will fall. The characters are outstanding and the dialogue is spot on. Now the rest of the game is just as good. Firefight, which was introduced back in Halo 3: ODST which you and 4 other players would fight against waves of Covenant. Now in Halo: Reach, Firefight has Matchmaking and custom options, which allows you make Firefight in your own way. Now Multiplayer, is the best Halo multiplayer to date. The custom games have so many more options than Halo 3. Now Forge, which was introduced in Halo 3 allowed you to make your own maps, now in Halo: Reach Forge is so much better than Halo 3's Forge. The best map to use Forge if Forge World, which is a massive map where you can make any map you want. Halo: Reach is not only a prequel to the 1st Halo, Bungie takes the best of all the past Halo games, and puts them in Halo: Reach. Overall this game has not let me at all. This is the perfect way for Bungie to say goodbye to the Halo franchise. Expand
  61. Sep 20, 2010
    Let me begin my review by stating in the past I have liked most of the Bungie produced Halo games, with the exception of ODST. I have enjoyed playing through the campaigns of Halo 1-3 and I cannot tell you how much of my life I have wasted playing Halo 2 and 3 online. If you are like me, then you will probably like Halo: Reach. It is a Halo game. If you have never liked Halo games, youLet me begin my review by stating in the past I have liked most of the Bungie produced Halo games, with the exception of ODST. I have enjoyed playing through the campaigns of Halo 1-3 and I cannot tell you how much of my life I have wasted playing Halo 2 and 3 online. If you are like me, then you will probably like Halo: Reach. It is a Halo game. If you have never liked Halo games, you will not like this either. The Campaign is short but sweet, with a lot happening in about a 5-6 hour campaign. There is enough variety in the missions to keep it fresh and as opposed to other popular first person shooters where the landscapes are different shades of gray and brown, Halo: Reach has a lot of bright beautiful settings. The story is also a but more believable than other halo games. You are not an unstoppable god man like Master Chief and it is established fairly early on that you are going to lose, and I for one liked that. The tone of the game is darker and there is a feeling of hopelessness about everything, which is actually an interesting change of pace which I enjoyed. The game does have its problems though. For one, AI driving is still horrible. Secondly, there was not enough character development for the other members of Noble team. I didn't connect with them, I was just plopped into combat with them and expected to care about them. Multiplayer is as fun as ever with new game modes and new forge options. Right now a lot of players don't know what certain game modes are but I'm sure over time players will figure it out. Overall, I think this is the best and most polished Halo game to date. However, that being said, these days it isn't the king of first person shooters. It is a very fun and enjoyable game, but it isn't revolutionary or mind-blowing anymore so while it may be the best Halo game to date, it is certainly not the best first person shooter. All in all, it is a fun game. If you are a Halo fan buy it, the multiplayer will be worth your money alone, but if you never got into halo games, this is not going to convert you. Expand
  62. Oct 11, 2010
    This game is as best as I could ask for in a FPS. Great weapons, great control and fun online game types. What makes the game replayable can be summed up in one word: challenges. Daily and weekly challenges make players come back for more to earn credits and commendations. Just this month Bungie re-introduced Juggernaut and king of the hill game types which is promising for the future ofThis game is as best as I could ask for in a FPS. Great weapons, great control and fun online game types. What makes the game replayable can be summed up in one word: challenges. Daily and weekly challenges make players come back for more to earn credits and commendations. Just this month Bungie re-introduced Juggernaut and king of the hill game types which is promising for the future of this game and its updates. Reach also features the best score from Martin and Michael to this date. If you have to buy one Halo game, make it Reach. Expand
  63. Sep 21, 2010
    The graphics are nothing special in reach and to be honest there are no great innovations in the game play. However the music is, as ever, spectacular. The story for me was as if they had put no effort into it although the ending really made me feel nostalgic. I loved the way they tied it into the first scenes of combat evolved. Yet I would have liked to find out more about theThe graphics are nothing special in reach and to be honest there are no great innovations in the game play. However the music is, as ever, spectacular. The story for me was as if they had put no effort into it although the ending really made me feel nostalgic. I loved the way they tied it into the first scenes of combat evolved. Yet I would have liked to find out more about the forerunners, cortanas origin and of course the flood. At one point I thought that there may be room for the flood in the game as there was a marine in typical combat evolved style, sitting on the floor with a gun to his head talking to himself about the "other" aliens. logically though it would have been stupid to have the flood on reach and really what I am saying is that the original 3 halos are the ones to play, all with good narrative. ODST and reach sadly are simply not up to par when it comes to story (even though Reachâ Expand
  64. Sep 23, 2010
    Halo: Reach. Amazing for Halo fans. Great for everyone else. The campaign is more fulfilling if you play on "Heroic" difficulty. Which will take you roughly 10 hours. The campaign if littered with dramatic cut scenes and cinematic "WTF" moments that will not disappoint. Multiplayer is back with the quick and action-packed games you would expect. Story is great but could use moreHalo: Reach. Amazing for Halo fans. Great for everyone else. The campaign is more fulfilling if you play on "Heroic" difficulty. Which will take you roughly 10 hours. The campaign if littered with dramatic cut scenes and cinematic "WTF" moments that will not disappoint. Multiplayer is back with the quick and action-packed games you would expect. Story is great but could use more background. Overall the game is a 9.3. Expand
  65. Sep 29, 2010
    Halo: Reach is the most honed and varied offering from the now famed Bungie Studios. Everything is well done from the story to the multiplayer. Add in a new ranking system and unlockables and a revamped Forge mode and BLAM! you have the deepest and most rich offering of Halo ever conceived. So why isn't this game a perfect 10? Because the formula hasn't changed enough to give long-timeHalo: Reach is the most honed and varied offering from the now famed Bungie Studios. Everything is well done from the story to the multiplayer. Add in a new ranking system and unlockables and a revamped Forge mode and BLAM! you have the deepest and most rich offering of Halo ever conceived. So why isn't this game a perfect 10? Because the formula hasn't changed enough to give long-time fans something fresh enough, and while this may be Bungie's last entry into the FPS universe, at least as far as Halo in concerned, this likely isn't the last we've seen of Halo (the franchise is too big to just end right now, expect something in 2012 from Microsoft Game Studios, who own Halo).

In a mix where games like Mordern Warfare 2, Medal of Honor, Gears of War, Crysis and others are setting high bars and delivering more blistering action through robust campaigns and multiplayer, Halo simply isn't the sole king of the multiplayer universe. While Halo: Reach is fun and offers moments of fresh content and new takes on multiplayer (Invasion and Arena are nice touches), what you will notice after you've dropped your first 30 hours into the game is that it just doesn't hold your attention like it once did. Gamers new to the Halo scene will find this game absolutely mind-blowing, but you can bet 90% of the gamer population have ridden this bike before, and they can feel the need for change.

So if you were hoping for a complete reboot of the series... you may or may not find it here. I was definitely hoping for a super epic story & campaign run-through with a fully-fleshed out online experience that would borrow from the ideas of games like Modern Warfare or Battlefield 2. While you can definitely tell Bungie took a couple pages from opposing playbooks, they certainly didn't rewrite them to the point that Reach could bust out of the era of exceptional online games and stand as its own king like it did back in 2000. 10 years has made Halo fully realized, but one might think that while there is plenty to love here, there isn't plenty to keep you coming back for more and more like it once did. Halo 2 was likely the high point of online matchmaking. It was a first for the series and broke the doors open for Xbox Live. Reach, however, won't find a high sustained population of Xbox Live players like the series once did.

The competition has nearly caught up, and what remains to be seen is whether Halo will ultimately be remembered as the game that once changed gaming history, or whether it will continue to reshape the game industry of tomorrow and be the cornerstone of which other developers build upon as our technology advances and the possibilities truly become limitless.
  66. Sep 29, 2010
    Halo Reach is a great end to Bungie's beloved series. We can only hope that who gets the Halo IP, has 343 Industries breathing down their neck to keep it "Halo" and not change it. In Reach, Bungie implemented many new features, such as the ability to customize Firefight, as well as more armor modification, weapon load-outs, and a stunning new set of Forge options, some of which allowed theHalo Reach is a great end to Bungie's beloved series. We can only hope that who gets the Halo IP, has 343 Industries breathing down their neck to keep it "Halo" and not change it. In Reach, Bungie implemented many new features, such as the ability to customize Firefight, as well as more armor modification, weapon load-outs, and a stunning new set of Forge options, some of which allowed the return of the Halo series most enjoyed multiplayer map; Blood Gulch. Reach's' story ties up some lose ends in the beginning of the series, and had an enjoyable and memorable cast of characters and experiences. All in all Bungie out did themselves on Reach

Reach has a few problems though, as all high content games do. Sacrifices are made of course and some things cant be fixed. Reach's' new forge controls are a little disappointing due to less free movement of the object and camera during placement. Reach had a few quirks in its friendly AIs, and also, due to high frame-rates, many gamers are experiencing 'simulator sickness' or motion blur. Reach's' graphics are a bit dated but have a very high particle and detail level. Id like to address some ignorance within reviews. Many people criticized Reach as being a money cow and nothing more. People don't understand that the game's developers make very little money on projects, no matter how well they sell. Microsoft gets the profit because its a publisher and is responsible for Reach's sale. Reach is Bungie's creation, not Microsoft's. Just thought Id point that out, because it seems people fail to understand the industry and market when it comes to games. In the end it breaks down to great reviews or hater reviews, and that's all I'm seeing. And the hater reviews make poor arguments, as well as pointing out moot points that it would seem no one cares about. Lets let the reviews be real and heart felt. Not full of stupidity and hate. Sepher Jericho Frost
  67. Sep 30, 2010
    I have yet to play through the campaign of this newest release by Bungie, however the multiplayer is exceptional, nearly every aspect of the game has been polished to a fine shine (even gravity changes as you move through different maps!).

i highly recommend you buy this game, or at least rent it. you wont be disappointed, however this is NOT a COD game, the game dynamics, and play style are very different.
  68. Sep 30, 2010
    First, I would like to say this game is one of the most amazing games I have ever played. I have been a Halo fan for about a year and a half. This is definitely the best campaign in the series followed closely by Halo 2. It has some really epic moments in it. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is great. The one problem I have with the campaign is the motion blur. It looks reallyFirst, I would like to say this game is one of the most amazing games I have ever played. I have been a Halo fan for about a year and a half. This is definitely the best campaign in the series followed closely by Halo 2. It has some really epic moments in it. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is great. The one problem I have with the campaign is the motion blur. It looks really bad. I hated firefight in ODST. I just couldn't get into it but it is so much better now that it's almost all I play. Forge has had a major update which makes it so much easier to use. But that's the problem; multiplayer. It's hard to describe but it's just not as fun as Halo 3. They killed all of my favourite custom games like Sacrifice as you can't splatter enemies when damage is turned off. They removed VIP for some reason which means no more Rocket Race. And finally, the maps. The majority of them are just plain bad. But even still, the multiplayer is awesome in it's own way and I'm gonna have a lot of fun with it. Perfect campaign, firefight is a huge step-up from ODST and multiplayer is still pretty fun. Remember Reach Expand
  69. Oct 4, 2010
    Halo Reach: First, the answer everyone wants to know: 8.0/10. That's the average user score WITHOUT the hype and haters: read on. Calculating one average User Score is hard when a game has so much hype (like Halo Reach), you get lots of fanboys, haters, and more than average "it must be better than I thought" reviewers, so I applied some math to level the playing field. Firstly, Halo ReachHalo Reach: First, the answer everyone wants to know: 8.0/10. That's the average user score WITHOUT the hype and haters: read on. Calculating one average User Score is hard when a game has so much hype (like Halo Reach), you get lots of fanboys, haters, and more than average "it must be better than I thought" reviewers, so I applied some math to level the playing field. Firstly, Halo Reach doesn't deserve less than 2/10 from anybody (it works, has reasonable content, and is not overly expensive), so I removed those scores to eliminate obvious hate reviews. Secondly, a lot of reviewers are biased toward hype (whether they realise it or admit it or not). So for a game like Halo Reach some fanboys just think "Yeah! 10/10", some reviewers think "The critics say it's awesome, so I think I should score it 9/10", and then some think "I thought it was pretty good but lots of people say it is fantastic so maybe I missed the fine details, so instead of a 7 I'll give it an 8". I adjusted each user score proportionately to eliminate hype at the "top end" of the scale. What is left are scores that give a more objective indication of the user score. In mathematical jargon each user score is weighted inversely proportional to the matching critic score. My view: Halo Reach is a good solid game but not innovative nor cutting edge. I score it 8/10. Expand
  70. Oct 5, 2010
    In my humble opinion, the single player campaign took a dive when the series moved to 360. Halo 3 sacrificed the fun shooter that the previous games had been and replaced it with big over dramatics and sprawling landscapes that, while pretty to look at, were dull to traverse. ODST was less dramatic, but again, was so full of endless trekking about that it turned into abit of a yawnfestIn my humble opinion, the single player campaign took a dive when the series moved to 360. Halo 3 sacrificed the fun shooter that the previous games had been and replaced it with big over dramatics and sprawling landscapes that, while pretty to look at, were dull to traverse. ODST was less dramatic, but again, was so full of endless trekking about that it turned into abit of a yawnfest too. Don't get me wrong, I still liked both games. The multiplayer experience has only gotten better over time, even if some of the company you might meet are still the biggest 'tards you'd ever have the misfortune to be forced to play with. I just feel the campaign side of things has taken a backseat in the last couple of games to the series' stronger points.
    Halo Reach surprised me. This is quite possibly the most solid shooter in the series I've played, perhaps, ever. I generally had fun doing stuff other then watching the cutscenes. The story is engaging, the gameplay challenging and the pacing is just right. The campaign is short, but there is so much to the halo experience these days, you won't mind. Overall, I was happy. Glad to see Bungie leave the series on a high.
  71. Jlk
    Oct 5, 2010
    This game is a target for negative criticism, so don't believe the haters, this game is near perfect, aside from a few flaws, the biggest being: the story doesn't have the grand scale we are all used to in a halo game, but what it does have is all the polish and while not having the grand scale, it swaps it with a somber, hopeful tone that overall gives it a more cinematic feel, whichThis game is a target for negative criticism, so don't believe the haters, this game is near perfect, aside from a few flaws, the biggest being: the story doesn't have the grand scale we are all used to in a halo game, but what it does have is all the polish and while not having the grand scale, it swaps it with a somber, hopeful tone that overall gives it a more cinematic feel, which with the greatly satisfying, near beautiful ending, makes this game a stand out hit, oh and the multiplayer is good, REALLY good. Expand
  72. Oct 5, 2010
    This has been a fitting swansong for Bungie, and with new, revolutionary aspects to Multiplayer and an enthralling story of the prequel to the main trilogy, they truly did go out well. Surely, they cannot improve much on their already great system, but the new health bar is very useful, especially for games like SWAT. Multiplayer improved, Campaign improved, and Firefight has vastlyThis has been a fitting swansong for Bungie, and with new, revolutionary aspects to Multiplayer and an enthralling story of the prequel to the main trilogy, they truly did go out well. Surely, they cannot improve much on their already great system, but the new health bar is very useful, especially for games like SWAT. Multiplayer improved, Campaign improved, and Firefight has vastly improved, making another Halo game a candidate for "Game of the Year." Expand
  73. Oct 6, 2010
    This game is fun the first couple of days/weeks you play it but there are so much good games out now that you may well prefer other games. There isnt as much flair to this as there was for the other three halo games
  74. Oct 7, 2010
    Halo Reach....... where do i start? This game is amazing! Everything from the story to the improved firefight mode are extremely well done. The multiplayer is better then ever as well! This game was made with replay value in mind, so the $60 you invest in it is very well spent. The story does a good job of retelling the events of the fall of reach. The characters are ok but dont expect toHalo Reach....... where do i start? This game is amazing! Everything from the story to the improved firefight mode are extremely well done. The multiplayer is better then ever as well! This game was made with replay value in mind, so the $60 you invest in it is very well spent. The story does a good job of retelling the events of the fall of reach. The characters are ok but dont expect to get connected to them as you would in a game like mass effect or heavy rain. The missions are fun and mix it up enough so you dont get bored in the games 8-10 hour long story. This is the most difficult Halo game yet, with smarter A.I and the health pack system from Halo:ODST. Then there is firefight mode. The upgrade here is huge, you can now change the settings to optimize your experience as you see fit. Do you want to fight nothing but grunts with rocket launchers an gravity hammers? Go right ahead! The options are endless, and you can take on the challenges of both the story an firefight with 4 player co-op. Multiplayer is still really fun, and more skill based then ever. The classic halo game modes are back and the new invasion game type is good, pitting elites against spartans, the spartans must defend generators while the elites try to destroy them. Its fun and a good change of pace. This game is a must buy for anyone with a Xbox 360 period. Expand
  75. Nov 5, 2012
    Very fun game so far. Just picked this up to run thru the story mode before I play Halo 4. Graphics are very crisp with outstanding voice and controls. Only wish the DLC would be cheaper so that I can play on some new maps online. 8.75
  76. Oct 8, 2010
    why a bad review? there shouldnt be a single bad review on this page for this game of the year candidate. firefight instantly sucked 20 hours out of my life, campaign another 10, (legendary mode will kick your a$$) and the multiplayer as addicting as ever, buy this game.
  77. Oct 8, 2010
    well i think that halo its a great ame but this is a joke they don't have anything better? its the same game you only give the fun with the matchmaking but that all i think that halo is dead
  78. Oct 10, 2010
    This game is a fine edition to the legacy that is Halo. I wasn't that big of a halo fan before but this has really changed my mind. The game has a good story and all the characters which is used to easily make the story much enjoyable. My favorite part is the different types of difficulty and how this game is so replayable. You can start out on easy and get the feel of it, but if you wantThis game is a fine edition to the legacy that is Halo. I wasn't that big of a halo fan before but this has really changed my mind. The game has a good story and all the characters which is used to easily make the story much enjoyable. My favorite part is the different types of difficulty and how this game is so replayable. You can start out on easy and get the feel of it, but if you want a REAL challenge go for heroic. If you want to drive yourself mad then go ahead and try legendary. Expand
  79. Oct 10, 2010
    Halo Reach is an odd game. As almost anyone will tell you, people either go nuts for it or they will go to any lengths to tarnish its name, regardless of how good the game may or may not be. I for one have never been a Halo 'fan-boy' and after playing and completing the game, still am not. But that's not to say it's not a good, if at times, great game.
    Let's start with the campaign.
    Let's start with the campaign. Against my usually better judgement and gaming preference, I actually bought Halo Reach almost entirely for the multi-player element. I did not expect much from the campaign and knew it would be all too short - which usually irks me; I like an engrossing game which I can get my money's worth from. I am pleased to say however that the campaign undertaken alone is not a let-down and unlike some un-mentionables (Resident Evil 5), is not infuriating to play with AI companions alone. It is frantic, difficult in the extreme, epic and most importantly meaningful. I never found myself thinking, "Iâ
  80. Jan 1, 2011
    Halo Reach is the best Halo yet, and is much better than CoD, and that's all there is to say. The single player was fantastic, great story line. The multiplayer is the best out there. You need skill to do well, it's not just who can get the first shot off. I feel like I earned every kill, not just luck, and even every death I felt like I earned it too, that it wasn't just cheap. TheHalo Reach is the best Halo yet, and is much better than CoD, and that's all there is to say. The single player was fantastic, great story line. The multiplayer is the best out there. You need skill to do well, it's not just who can get the first shot off. I feel like I earned every kill, not just luck, and even every death I felt like I earned it too, that it wasn't just cheap. The graphics are stunning, and the detail is amazing. It's a shame that it was the last one, but what a way to end this series. That last mission where it just says "Survive" makes your heart race. Congratulations Bungie, you have truly made one of the best games of all time. Expand
  81. Dec 7, 2010
    For our full Halo: Reach review plus reviews of some of gamings biggest titles make your way over to www.projectstashman.net You join the team as a full customisable Spartan referred to as Noble 6. Each Spartan on your team has a fully fleshed out personality and you will come to enjoy their company and find a real connection with all of them. The story spans 10 levels each broken in to 3For our full Halo: Reach review plus reviews of some of gamings biggest titles make your way over to www.projectstashman.net You join the team as a full customisable Spartan referred to as Noble 6. Each Spartan on your team has a fully fleshed out personality and you will come to enjoy their company and find a real connection with all of them. The story spans 10 levels each broken in to 3 sections the entire story lasting around 10 hours on the Normal setting a tad longer on Heroic and Legendary. Be warned the difficulty settings are a fair bit harder than previous games due to some much more fearsome A.I making this a true fight to the finish no matter what the difficulty. After it is discovered that the Covenant are on Reach the home of the Spartan production facility Noble team is sent on a one way mission to find out why the Covenant have begun attacking Reach. What follows is a gripping, emotional and brilliantly told story that will see you as Noble 6 taking on some of the best missions the Halo series has ever given us. As your team mates get picked off and your team whittles away it becomes ever more present that you will not live to tell the tale but at least this game lets you go out swinging, hang around after the credits to see what we mean. New armour abilities change the gameplay alot including a sprint, armour lock which makes you invincible for a short time and even a jet pack. There are several of these to choose from and the levels make for some great opportunities to try something new every time you play. The online has been given a complete over haul and a more fleshed out ranking system. Customisation is a major part of both the online and offline experience as you earn experience in all forms of the game and in fact earn more whilst online. Improved gun models and several new weapons make their debut in Reach. Also the environments are massive in comparison to other Halo titles as Reach takes on a more sandbox feel giving you a few ways to approach each level. 1 million polygons per character model, thatâ Expand
  82. Nov 2, 2010
    I would just like to point out that halo: reach is a story that happens before the halo 1 game. of course there will be shooting and much of the same elements as in the other games. Bungie did really well with the graphics and i feel the gameplay is much better and fits appropriately well with the ADDED features that have come with the game. i would recommend reaach to anyone who enjoys aI would just like to point out that halo: reach is a story that happens before the halo 1 game. of course there will be shooting and much of the same elements as in the other games. Bungie did really well with the graphics and i feel the gameplay is much better and fits appropriately well with the ADDED features that have come with the game. i would recommend reaach to anyone who enjoys a good game! S/N: No, it is not realistic like mw2 or any tom clancy shooter but that is the point! the story is about a legacy being passed on through spartans, to hell with the physics of it, the water splashes and flows! who cares if their armor shows no sign of wear or battle damage. niether does mw2, hell, if that's how its going to be then once you're shot you're dead, u don't respawn, next game. stop being so melodramatic over stupid stuff. Write a reveiw about the game for the xbox, no one cares about the wii or PS3, otherwise they would be looking in the wii and ps3 section. stop comparing it to other games, just write about the game. really. I'm not a fanboy but i can see some real haters in here, bungie made a good game and went out with a blast and some are completely missing the whole point of the game in campaign mode! this was a really good game on bungies part. Expand
  83. Nov 5, 2015
    Fun game, but some things get lost in the "modernisation" of the halo formula. If you love Halo its worth your time. Space combat.......yes space combat.
  84. Aug 2, 2011
    The Halo franchise has astounded Xbox players everywhere. Halo Reach isn't necessarily a let down, but it could've been better. Halo Reach brings out a new feel of gameplay. It brings armor equipment, Forge World, commendations, and other great things. The campaign is okay - commendations make it easier so you can have side of objectives while playing. New Easter eggs make the game have aThe Halo franchise has astounded Xbox players everywhere. Halo Reach isn't necessarily a let down, but it could've been better. Halo Reach brings out a new feel of gameplay. It brings armor equipment, Forge World, commendations, and other great things. The campaign is okay - commendations make it easier so you can have side of objectives while playing. New Easter eggs make the game have a sense of extra exploration in the player. Firefight is now really blooming and is full of fun, now with playlists for online and a variety of game modes to try. Multiplayer - this is where all that Halo magic was lost. The fun playlists - gone or revamped in to more boring things. Rumble Pit, for instance, used to be full of fun things. Now all it is is slayer. Living Dead - while yes, its now permanent, no more other fun, variety full game modes. The maps from Halo 3.... gone. They were really fun, but now they're gone. No more Foundry. No more Sandbox. No more any of that crap. Sigh... if you want another similar story from a game that struck the Xbox Live nation to a game that everybody just says "Ehhh...", check out Modern Warfare 2 to Black Ops. Expand
  85. Jan 9, 2012
    Halo Reach is super fun, and can have a great story at times. But the gameplay can and will get a little repetitive. Despite that it always provides enough variation to keep you going. Matchmaking is great but you can get tired of it. Overall, this is a pretty fun game, but it can be a little easy to get tired of.
  86. Nov 25, 2010
    The quintessential Halo experience, somehow without Master Chief. Honestly, I beat Halo 3 on Heroic, played the multi-player for a couple of weeks and forgot about it. With Reach, I love the characters and the story (a first for the Halo series, I don't even remember what happened in 2 or 3), the graphics and controls are top notch and the enemy AI and combat design has been perfected toThe quintessential Halo experience, somehow without Master Chief. Honestly, I beat Halo 3 on Heroic, played the multi-player for a couple of weeks and forgot about it. With Reach, I love the characters and the story (a first for the Halo series, I don't even remember what happened in 2 or 3), the graphics and controls are top notch and the enemy AI and combat design has been perfected to what makes Halo...well, Halo. The rock paper scissors of Weapon vs. Melee vs. Grenade makes the multi-player combat infinitely fun, and of course the awesome vehicles are just icing on the cake.

The only complaint I have is, there aren't enough Invasion maps! I didn't care for this mode at all during the beta, but after getting into BF:BC2 heavily earlier this year, it's now become my new favorite MP mode. Fortunately the Noble Map Pack (coming out soon!) has at least one new invasion level, though hopefully two of them can be played as such.

Great job Bungie! It's nice to see them leave the series at it's peak, I don't really know how 343 Industries can top Reach, but I hope they can at least come up with something as compelling.
  87. Dec 1, 2010
    The only haters are ps3 fans. GT flops halo didn't. DEALWITHIT.JPG
  88. Dec 2, 2010
    Halo Reach is the peak of the Halo Franchise, which itself is the best any gaming console has to offer. With new classes and weapons, a thrilling campaign and the same great multiplayer, Halo Reach deserves an 11 out of 10.
  89. Jan 22, 2011
    OK there is only one thing i can truly say about this game, and that is: "Its Amazing". I spent my money well. Really I mean if this is the last of the series, then they DID go out with a bang. Multi-Player is addicting, and well planned out, with expansive maps, and from straight up Slayer to objective Invasion. With tons of vehicles, this game sure packs a fun filled adventure for youOK there is only one thing i can truly say about this game, and that is: "Its Amazing". I spent my money well. Really I mean if this is the last of the series, then they DID go out with a bang. Multi-Player is addicting, and well planned out, with expansive maps, and from straight up Slayer to objective Invasion. With tons of vehicles, this game sure packs a fun filled adventure for you alone, or with a friend. Expand
  90. Dec 7, 2010
    Best Halo game to ever be released! I thought nothing could trump Halo 1: Combat Evolve, but boy was I wrong. Congrats Bungie for exceeding my expectations once again!
  91. d0x
    Dec 8, 2010
    Bungie's Halo swan song is a perfect example on how to do first person shooters right on a console. They took everything they have learned since the first Halo on the original Xbox, and a ton of fan feedback and crafted not only the best Halo game but also one of the best console games this generation. The single player has a good story with improved cinematic direction over past games.Bungie's Halo swan song is a perfect example on how to do first person shooters right on a console. They took everything they have learned since the first Halo on the original Xbox, and a ton of fan feedback and crafted not only the best Halo game but also one of the best console games this generation. The single player has a good story with improved cinematic direction over past games. Bungie is really starting to get good at visually telling a story.

The graphics have been improved greatly. Not only all the maps huge and very complex but they are also highly detailed with some truly impressive lighting and particle effects. Texture for texture Halo Reach isnt the best looking game on consoles but when you consider the size of everything, the indoor outdoor shifts, map complexity, all the effects and all the action thats going on it really is quite impressive what bungie has done and this is easily one of the overall prettiest games to grace any console.

The sound design is nothing short of incredible. There is so much variety in ambient noise and weapon effects it puts even Halo 3 to shame. The score is once again a masterpiece that is far and above better than any other games out there. If there is one thing Bungie does better than anyone else its audio and Halo Reach is a shining example.

The campaign in Reach is arguably the best in the series. Its about 10 hours on normal difficulty and it has the same options as Halo 3 in terms of the scoring system, coop etc. The new armor abilities open up a range of new tactical options and the semi non linear action zones in the maps only add to the fun. If you have played and enjoyed a Halo game you know what to expect. Of course it feels like Halo, if it didnt then it wouldnt be the series so many love. If you arent a fan of past games chances are you wont be a fan of this one. There are a number of changes to weapons and there have been tweaks to gameplay so you should give it a chance but dont expect it to feel like a new series. They tweaked things like running speed, jump height, fall damage etc and the AI has been made far more complex and far more cunning. For example I was having an issue killing a grunt, he kept running away and hiding behind cover. He was slowly leading me down a hallway with lots of corners, I figured he was just being a classic grunt and running away only stopping every once and a while to shoot or toss a grenade. Little did I know he was playing me for the fool..he lead me directly into an ambush where I was quickly killed by a combination of 5 elites and some jackals. This was on normal difficulty. The AI gets much more difficult with a host of new tactics when you play on Legendary.

The mutliplayer in Reach is nothing short of amazing. Once again Bungie has designed some of the best maps on any platform. They are all perfectly balanced with multiple gametypes. If you like competitive shooters its pretty much a given that you will find some fun in Halo online. Bungie has added unlocks via credits earned from matches. Thankfully (imo) they didnt go the call of duty route where perks make you more powerful. In Reach you unlock visual upgrades that give you a unique look and nothing more. I think its better this way. It gives you something to earn and play for but it doesnt unbalance the game. I never liked how COD would reward higher skill players by making them more powerful.

I meant for this to be a quick first review but I have failed. Some how my thoughts may seem disjointed and im jumping around. This is due to lack of sleep since I cant stop playing Reach any chance I get which means im up incredibly late to play and I wake up super early for work. You owe it to yourself, no matter what console you prefer or own to at the very least try everything this game has to offer. Its an enjoyable experience single player and multiplayer and thats not even including the awesome forge mode and firefight.
  92. Dec 9, 2010
    Easily one of the best Halo games in the series. Bungie delivered. Amazing step up in graphics from Halo 3, a great action filled campaign, and an insanely addicting multiplayer. If you have a 360, you better have this game.
  93. Sep 5, 2012
    Okay, let me just say this game is really good, now... ON TO ZEH REVIEW!!! Campaign is one of the stronger points of the game but it would have been nice if each character had more than 10 lines of dialogue lol, I barely felt a connection to any of the characters because they got almost no face-time, which is a problem in a character-driven plot, although Cat's death still got to meOkay, let me just say this game is really good, now... ON TO ZEH REVIEW!!! Campaign is one of the stronger points of the game but it would have been nice if each character had more than 10 lines of dialogue lol, I barely felt a connection to any of the characters because they got almost no face-time, which is a problem in a character-driven plot, although Cat's death still got to me beacuse it felt "real". Multiplayer is the weakest of the series though and this is because of the inclusion of stupidly integrated Armour Abilities and poor map design (They created a map to work within campaign and multiplayer, but I'm afraid game design doesn't work like that, it feels unbalanced and the enviroment feels re-hashed if you've played single player). The REALg now is the swamp of forge world maps and the lack of slayer games in BTB. Pick this up though, it's still really good, just not as good as the previous Halo's. Expand
  94. Oct 19, 2011
    I really enjoy the halo games, not for their campaigns but for the online aspect, I haven't even played the second mission of halo reach but I have spent countless hours with friends and family playing online multiplayer, which is the only reason I bought this really, for the multiplayer, I do feel they tried to cater a bit more to the COD crowd with their powerups though. Having said thatI really enjoy the halo games, not for their campaigns but for the online aspect, I haven't even played the second mission of halo reach but I have spent countless hours with friends and family playing online multiplayer, which is the only reason I bought this really, for the multiplayer, I do feel they tried to cater a bit more to the COD crowd with their powerups though. Having said that it does add an interesting take on the multiplayer battles. Overall a great multiplayer game but I feel like Halo 3 was a better overall online experience. Still a great game with which bungie sign off from the series Expand
  95. Dec 21, 2010
    Bungie took out Hornet, Dual-wielding, SMG's, Brute Shots, Battle rifle. SPOILER: All of the spartans die but Jun, Reach gets taken over by the covenant.
  96. Dec 21, 2010
    Reach. I was so excited about this game. And i mean real excited. I pre-ordered the legendary edition too. I have to say I wasted money on the legendary kit, but the game itself was OK. The campaign wasn't interesting enough to play through but I managed. The music was very good. Best music I've heard in a video game. The multi-player was kind of dull, I have to say. Didn't keep meReach. I was so excited about this game. And i mean real excited. I pre-ordered the legendary edition too. I have to say I wasted money on the legendary kit, but the game itself was OK. The campaign wasn't interesting enough to play through but I managed. The music was very good. Best music I've heard in a video game. The multi-player was kind of dull, I have to say. Didn't keep me interested enough either, because your not unlocking enough things all the time so it gets boring quickly. But I have to say Reach is worth buying if you can work around it and stay interested. Expand
  97. Dec 31, 2010
    Although better graphics and better gameplay towards the weapons, it still feels something is greatly missing because if we look at Halo 3, it was in my opinion, the best Halo of all, and after ODST and Wars came out, it wasn't as good and anticipated in my mind as I thought. What's more disappointing is that this game was in nomination of Game of the Year, which is very unexpected.
  98. Dec 31, 2010
    Let's start by saying many people don't know how to rate a game (such as those who gives not only halo but games in general a 0). Halo Reach is an excellent wide spread game. I say this because the campaign is excellent, because of its amazing cinematics, gameplay and story plot. The story ending is probably one of the best endings I've seen in year for a game, other than ME2 or RDR (ILet's start by saying many people don't know how to rate a game (such as those who gives not only halo but games in general a 0). Halo Reach is an excellent wide spread game. I say this because the campaign is excellent, because of its amazing cinematics, gameplay and story plot. The story ending is probably one of the best endings I've seen in year for a game, other than ME2 or RDR (I prefer not to spoil the ending). The controls are not that bad, the only problem I have with it is the assassination, sometimes the button doesn't work, or maybe it's just my handling. But overall the control of the character is pretty good. The guns are the same throughout the halo series (other than the new armor abilities), but intervened a few new ones, which were quite useful and helpful. I quite enjoyed using the needler rifle to blow my enemies sky high. But I find it a little upsetting with the time different, because they intervened new weapons in Reach, that never appeared in halo 1, 2 or 3. The artwork is also astounding, great job by the game developers, loved the background. Also the easter eggs are highly the best to have fun with. Really those who own the game, search for the easter eggs and you'll love what you'd find, if you loved the games halo 1,2 and 3. The character you play is also astounding. You've got new armour and looks for your guy. It much more specific than halo 3. The details of the looks are new and amazing, unless your not into how you look. The online matchmaking is quick and very easy to use. Loved the multiplayer, felt like it was halo 2 again! I don't mind the firefight or the online co-op campaign. Doesn't matter if it the same in halo 2 and 3 or ODST. I mean seriously it should not be a factor of dislikes, they have new maps new enemies and heroes. I mean overall the game is excellent, but every game has its little glitches or defaults. So I really had to give it a 10. I'd say this is as good as Halo 2, maybe even better. This is the best way to end the series with a bang. Expand
  99. Dec 31, 2010
    After being somewhat dissapointed with Halo 3's campaign, Reach's wasn't any better. The story remains the same, punching grunts to death and driving around in purple hovercars. However, there was some major improvements in Reach. The graphics are much better and the game runs smoothly. The multiplayer is where the game really shines. It's similar to Halo 3 multiplayer, but the addedAfter being somewhat dissapointed with Halo 3's campaign, Reach's wasn't any better. The story remains the same, punching grunts to death and driving around in purple hovercars. However, there was some major improvements in Reach. The graphics are much better and the game runs smoothly. The multiplayer is where the game really shines. It's similar to Halo 3 multiplayer, but the added sprint makes it feel more intense and makes up for the oversize maps. It's not frustratingly hard if you've played shooters previously. The sci-fi elements remain intact; don't expect a CoD clone when you pick this up. As for multiplayer modes, Bungie went full retard by adding jetpacks and an "armor lock" (ice block, anyone?) ability which completely ruins Slayer. (Slayer Pro fixes this issue, but is grouped in with other slayer modes.) But for people that enjoy Swat, Firefight, etc, you will be blown away. I have never once had the game lag, freeze, or glitch during the online multiplayer. Reach took many of it's high points from ODST, but it blended together suprisingly well and is definitely worth the money. Expand

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you loved all the other Halo games, there's little I can say to dissuade you from purchasing Bungie's last creation in the Halo series.
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Halo: Reach is not a breakthrough, yet it's a clear showcase of Bungie's creative growth. The game is hardly a "must buy" – its single-player campaign is way too short and uneven in quality, while multiplayer has very little room for expansion besides map packs and useless character decorations. But with that said, Reach is worthy of your attention for a couple of evenings.
  3. Games Master UK
    Dec 25, 2010
    Almost achieves the impossible and fulfills the hype. Among the best shooters ever created. [Issue#231, p.82]