8.1

Generally favorable reviews- based on 2084 Ratings

1. Oct 10, 2010
    Halo Reach is an odd game. As almost anyone will tell you, people either go nuts for it or they will go to any lengths to tarnish its name, regardless of how good the game may or may not be. I for one have never been a Halo 'fan-boy' and after playing and completing the game, still am not. But that's not to say it's not a good, if at times, great game.
    Let's start with the campaign.
    Let's start with the campaign. Against my usually better judgement and gaming preference, I actually bought Halo Reach almost entirely for the multi-player element. I did not expect much from the campaign and knew it would be all too short - which usually irks me; I like an engrossing game which I can get my money's worth from. I am pleased to say however that the campaign undertaken alone is not a let-down and unlike some un-mentionables (Resident Evil 5), is not infuriating to play with AI companions alone. It is frantic, difficult in the extreme, epic and most importantly meaningful. I never found myself thinking, "Iâ
  2. Jan 1, 2011
    Halo Reach is the best Halo yet, and is much better than CoD, and that's all there is to say. The single player was fantastic, great story line. The multiplayer is the best out there. You need skill to do well, it's not just who can get the first shot off. I feel like I earned every kill, not just luck, and even every death I felt like I earned it too, that it wasn't just cheap. TheHalo Reach is the best Halo yet, and is much better than CoD, and that's all there is to say. The single player was fantastic, great story line. The multiplayer is the best out there. You need skill to do well, it's not just who can get the first shot off. I feel like I earned every kill, not just luck, and even every death I felt like I earned it too, that it wasn't just cheap. The graphics are stunning, and the detail is amazing. It's a shame that it was the last one, but what a way to end this series. That last mission where it just says "Survive" makes your heart race. Congratulations Bungie, you have truly made one of the best games of all time. Expand
  3. Nov 15, 2011
    Its what you expect from the Halo franchise, A different look this time around a few new armor add ons for the different modes int he game but besides that, Nothing has changed from any of the other Halo games. Also uneven difficulty makes campaign insanely hard, Even on easy.
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    For our full Halo: Reach review plus reviews of some of gamings biggest titles make your way over to www.projectstashman.net You join the team as a full customisable Spartan referred to as Noble 6. Each Spartan on your team has a fully fleshed out personality and you will come to enjoy their company and find a real connection with all of them. The story spans 10 levels each broken in to 3For our full Halo: Reach review plus reviews of some of gamings biggest titles make your way over to www.projectstashman.net You join the team as a full customisable Spartan referred to as Noble 6. Each Spartan on your team has a fully fleshed out personality and you will come to enjoy their company and find a real connection with all of them. The story spans 10 levels each broken in to 3 sections the entire story lasting around 10 hours on the Normal setting a tad longer on Heroic and Legendary. Be warned the difficulty settings are a fair bit harder than previous games due to some much more fearsome A.I making this a true fight to the finish no matter what the difficulty. After it is discovered that the Covenant are on Reach the home of the Spartan production facility Noble team is sent on a one way mission to find out why the Covenant have begun attacking Reach. What follows is a gripping, emotional and brilliantly told story that will see you as Noble 6 taking on some of the best missions the Halo series has ever given us. As your team mates get picked off and your team whittles away it becomes ever more present that you will not live to tell the tale but at least this game lets you go out swinging, hang around after the credits to see what we mean. New armour abilities change the gameplay alot including a sprint, armour lock which makes you invincible for a short time and even a jet pack. There are several of these to choose from and the levels make for some great opportunities to try something new every time you play. The online has been given a complete over haul and a more fleshed out ranking system. Customisation is a major part of both the online and offline experience as you earn experience in all forms of the game and in fact earn more whilst online. Improved gun models and several new weapons make their debut in Reach. Also the environments are massive in comparison to other Halo titles as Reach takes on a more sandbox feel giving you a few ways to approach each level. 1 million polygons per character model, thatâ Expand
  5. Nov 2, 2010
    I would just like to point out that halo: reach is a story that happens before the halo 1 game. of course there will be shooting and much of the same elements as in the other games. Bungie did really well with the graphics and i feel the gameplay is much better and fits appropriately well with the ADDED features that have come with the game. i would recommend reaach to anyone who enjoys aI would just like to point out that halo: reach is a story that happens before the halo 1 game. of course there will be shooting and much of the same elements as in the other games. Bungie did really well with the graphics and i feel the gameplay is much better and fits appropriately well with the ADDED features that have come with the game. i would recommend reaach to anyone who enjoys a good game! S/N: No, it is not realistic like mw2 or any tom clancy shooter but that is the point! the story is about a legacy being passed on through spartans, to hell with the physics of it, the water splashes and flows! who cares if their armor shows no sign of wear or battle damage. niether does mw2, hell, if that's how its going to be then once you're shot you're dead, u don't respawn, next game. stop being so melodramatic over stupid stuff. Write a reveiw about the game for the xbox, no one cares about the wii or PS3, otherwise they would be looking in the wii and ps3 section. stop comparing it to other games, just write about the game. really. I'm not a fanboy but i can see some real haters in here, bungie made a good game and went out with a blast and some are completely missing the whole point of the game in campaign mode! this was a really good game on bungies part. Expand
  6. Nov 5, 2015
    Fun game, but some things get lost in the "modernisation" of the halo formula. If you love Halo its worth your time. Space combat.......yes space combat.
  7. Aug 2, 2011
    The Halo franchise has astounded Xbox players everywhere. Halo Reach isn't necessarily a let down, but it could've been better. Halo Reach brings out a new feel of gameplay. It brings armor equipment, Forge World, commendations, and other great things. The campaign is okay - commendations make it easier so you can have side of objectives while playing. New Easter eggs make the game have aThe Halo franchise has astounded Xbox players everywhere. Halo Reach isn't necessarily a let down, but it could've been better. Halo Reach brings out a new feel of gameplay. It brings armor equipment, Forge World, commendations, and other great things. The campaign is okay - commendations make it easier so you can have side of objectives while playing. New Easter eggs make the game have a sense of extra exploration in the player. Firefight is now really blooming and is full of fun, now with playlists for online and a variety of game modes to try. Multiplayer - this is where all that Halo magic was lost. The fun playlists - gone or revamped in to more boring things. Rumble Pit, for instance, used to be full of fun things. Now all it is is slayer. Living Dead - while yes, its now permanent, no more other fun, variety full game modes. The maps from Halo 3.... gone. They were really fun, but now they're gone. No more Foundry. No more Sandbox. No more any of that crap. Sigh... if you want another similar story from a game that struck the Xbox Live nation to a game that everybody just says "Ehhh...", check out Modern Warfare 2 to Black Ops. Expand
  8. Jan 9, 2012
    Halo Reach is super fun, and can have a great story at times. But the gameplay can and will get a little repetitive. Despite that it always provides enough variation to keep you going. Matchmaking is great but you can get tired of it. Overall, this is a pretty fun game, but it can be a little easy to get tired of.
  9. Nov 25, 2010
    The quintessential Halo experience, somehow without Master Chief. Honestly, I beat Halo 3 on Heroic, played the multi-player for a couple of weeks and forgot about it. With Reach, I love the characters and the story (a first for the Halo series, I don't even remember what happened in 2 or 3), the graphics and controls are top notch and the enemy AI and combat design has been perfected toThe quintessential Halo experience, somehow without Master Chief. Honestly, I beat Halo 3 on Heroic, played the multi-player for a couple of weeks and forgot about it. With Reach, I love the characters and the story (a first for the Halo series, I don't even remember what happened in 2 or 3), the graphics and controls are top notch and the enemy AI and combat design has been perfected to what makes Halo...well, Halo. The rock paper scissors of Weapon vs. Melee vs. Grenade makes the multi-player combat infinitely fun, and of course the awesome vehicles are just icing on the cake.

The only complaint I have is, there aren't enough Invasion maps! I didn't care for this mode at all during the beta, but after getting into BF:BC2 heavily earlier this year, it's now become my new favorite MP mode. Fortunately the Noble Map Pack (coming out soon!) has at least one new invasion level, though hopefully two of them can be played as such.

Great job Bungie! It's nice to see them leave the series at it's peak, I don't really know how 343 Industries can top Reach, but I hope they can at least come up with something as compelling.
  10. Dec 1, 2010
    The only haters are ps3 fans. GT flops halo didn't. DEALWITHIT.JPG
  11. Dec 2, 2010
    Halo Reach is the peak of the Halo Franchise, which itself is the best any gaming console has to offer. With new classes and weapons, a thrilling campaign and the same great multiplayer, Halo Reach deserves an 11 out of 10.
  12. Jan 22, 2011
    OK there is only one thing i can truly say about this game, and that is: "Its Amazing". I spent my money well. Really I mean if this is the last of the series, then they DID go out with a bang. Multi-Player is addicting, and well planned out, with expansive maps, and from straight up Slayer to objective Invasion. With tons of vehicles, this game sure packs a fun filled adventure for youOK there is only one thing i can truly say about this game, and that is: "Its Amazing". I spent my money well. Really I mean if this is the last of the series, then they DID go out with a bang. Multi-Player is addicting, and well planned out, with expansive maps, and from straight up Slayer to objective Invasion. With tons of vehicles, this game sure packs a fun filled adventure for you alone, or with a friend. Expand
  13. Dec 7, 2010
    Best Halo game to ever be released! I thought nothing could trump Halo 1: Combat Evolve, but boy was I wrong. Congrats Bungie for exceeding my expectations once again!
  14. d0x
    Dec 8, 2010
    Bungie's Halo swan song is a perfect example on how to do first person shooters right on a console. They took everything they have learned since the first Halo on the original Xbox, and a ton of fan feedback and crafted not only the best Halo game but also one of the best console games this generation. The single player has a good story with improved cinematic direction over past games.Bungie's Halo swan song is a perfect example on how to do first person shooters right on a console. They took everything they have learned since the first Halo on the original Xbox, and a ton of fan feedback and crafted not only the best Halo game but also one of the best console games this generation. The single player has a good story with improved cinematic direction over past games. Bungie is really starting to get good at visually telling a story.

The graphics have been improved greatly. Not only all the maps huge and very complex but they are also highly detailed with some truly impressive lighting and particle effects. Texture for texture Halo Reach isnt the best looking game on consoles but when you consider the size of everything, the indoor outdoor shifts, map complexity, all the effects and all the action thats going on it really is quite impressive what bungie has done and this is easily one of the overall prettiest games to grace any console.

The sound design is nothing short of incredible. There is so much variety in ambient noise and weapon effects it puts even Halo 3 to shame. The score is once again a masterpiece that is far and above better than any other games out there. If there is one thing Bungie does better than anyone else its audio and Halo Reach is a shining example.

The campaign in Reach is arguably the best in the series. Its about 10 hours on normal difficulty and it has the same options as Halo 3 in terms of the scoring system, coop etc. The new armor abilities open up a range of new tactical options and the semi non linear action zones in the maps only add to the fun. If you have played and enjoyed a Halo game you know what to expect. Of course it feels like Halo, if it didnt then it wouldnt be the series so many love. If you arent a fan of past games chances are you wont be a fan of this one. There are a number of changes to weapons and there have been tweaks to gameplay so you should give it a chance but dont expect it to feel like a new series. They tweaked things like running speed, jump height, fall damage etc and the AI has been made far more complex and far more cunning. For example I was having an issue killing a grunt, he kept running away and hiding behind cover. He was slowly leading me down a hallway with lots of corners, I figured he was just being a classic grunt and running away only stopping every once and a while to shoot or toss a grenade. Little did I know he was playing me for the fool..he lead me directly into an ambush where I was quickly killed by a combination of 5 elites and some jackals. This was on normal difficulty. The AI gets much more difficult with a host of new tactics when you play on Legendary.

The mutliplayer in Reach is nothing short of amazing. Once again Bungie has designed some of the best maps on any platform. They are all perfectly balanced with multiple gametypes. If you like competitive shooters its pretty much a given that you will find some fun in Halo online. Bungie has added unlocks via credits earned from matches. Thankfully (imo) they didnt go the call of duty route where perks make you more powerful. In Reach you unlock visual upgrades that give you a unique look and nothing more. I think its better this way. It gives you something to earn and play for but it doesnt unbalance the game. I never liked how COD would reward higher skill players by making them more powerful.

I meant for this to be a quick first review but I have failed. Some how my thoughts may seem disjointed and im jumping around. This is due to lack of sleep since I cant stop playing Reach any chance I get which means im up incredibly late to play and I wake up super early for work. You owe it to yourself, no matter what console you prefer or own to at the very least try everything this game has to offer. Its an enjoyable experience single player and multiplayer and thats not even including the awesome forge mode and firefight.
  15. Dec 9, 2010
    Easily one of the best Halo games in the series. Bungie delivered. Amazing step up in graphics from Halo 3, a great action filled campaign, and an insanely addicting multiplayer. If you have a 360, you better have this game.
  16. Sep 5, 2012
    Okay, let me just say this game is really good, now... ON TO ZEH REVIEW!!! Campaign is one of the stronger points of the game but it would have been nice if each character had more than 10 lines of dialogue lol, I barely felt a connection to any of the characters because they got almost no face-time, which is a problem in a character-driven plot, although Cat's death still got to meOkay, let me just say this game is really good, now... ON TO ZEH REVIEW!!! Campaign is one of the stronger points of the game but it would have been nice if each character had more than 10 lines of dialogue lol, I barely felt a connection to any of the characters because they got almost no face-time, which is a problem in a character-driven plot, although Cat's death still got to me beacuse it felt "real". Multiplayer is the weakest of the series though and this is because of the inclusion of stupidly integrated Armour Abilities and poor map design (They created a map to work within campaign and multiplayer, but I'm afraid game design doesn't work like that, it feels unbalanced and the enviroment feels re-hashed if you've played single player). The REALg now is the swamp of forge world maps and the lack of slayer games in BTB. Pick this up though, it's still really good, just not as good as the previous Halo's. Expand
  17. Oct 19, 2011
    I really enjoy the halo games, not for their campaigns but for the online aspect, I haven't even played the second mission of halo reach but I have spent countless hours with friends and family playing online multiplayer, which is the only reason I bought this really, for the multiplayer, I do feel they tried to cater a bit more to the COD crowd with their powerups though. Having said thatI really enjoy the halo games, not for their campaigns but for the online aspect, I haven't even played the second mission of halo reach but I have spent countless hours with friends and family playing online multiplayer, which is the only reason I bought this really, for the multiplayer, I do feel they tried to cater a bit more to the COD crowd with their powerups though. Having said that it does add an interesting take on the multiplayer battles. Overall a great multiplayer game but I feel like Halo 3 was a better overall online experience. Still a great game with which bungie sign off from the series Expand
  18. Dec 21, 2010
    Bungie took out Hornet, Dual-wielding, SMG's, Brute Shots, Battle rifle. SPOILER: All of the spartans die but Jun, Reach gets taken over by the covenant.
  19. Dec 21, 2010
    Reach. I was so excited about this game. And i mean real excited. I pre-ordered the legendary edition too. I have to say I wasted money on the legendary kit, but the game itself was OK. The campaign wasn't interesting enough to play through but I managed. The music was very good. Best music I've heard in a video game. The multi-player was kind of dull, I have to say. Didn't keep meReach. I was so excited about this game. And i mean real excited. I pre-ordered the legendary edition too. I have to say I wasted money on the legendary kit, but the game itself was OK. The campaign wasn't interesting enough to play through but I managed. The music was very good. Best music I've heard in a video game. The multi-player was kind of dull, I have to say. Didn't keep me interested enough either, because your not unlocking enough things all the time so it gets boring quickly. But I have to say Reach is worth buying if you can work around it and stay interested. Expand
  20. Dec 23, 2010
    More of the same, with additions, fixes, and a well disguised end to the legacy of Halo. I specially liked the gameplay changes, most of them feel like I'm playing TF2 in space.
  21. Dec 31, 2010
    Although better graphics and better gameplay towards the weapons, it still feels something is greatly missing because if we look at Halo 3, it was in my opinion, the best Halo of all, and after ODST and Wars came out, it wasn't as good and anticipated in my mind as I thought. What's more disappointing is that this game was in nomination of Game of the Year, which is very unexpected.
  22. Dec 31, 2010
    Let's start by saying many people don't know how to rate a game (such as those who gives not only halo but games in general a 0). Halo Reach is an excellent wide spread game. I say this because the campaign is excellent, because of its amazing cinematics, gameplay and story plot. The story ending is probably one of the best endings I've seen in year for a game, other than ME2 or RDR (ILet's start by saying many people don't know how to rate a game (such as those who gives not only halo but games in general a 0). Halo Reach is an excellent wide spread game. I say this because the campaign is excellent, because of its amazing cinematics, gameplay and story plot. The story ending is probably one of the best endings I've seen in year for a game, other than ME2 or RDR (I prefer not to spoil the ending). The controls are not that bad, the only problem I have with it is the assassination, sometimes the button doesn't work, or maybe it's just my handling. But overall the control of the character is pretty good. The guns are the same throughout the halo series (other than the new armor abilities), but intervened a few new ones, which were quite useful and helpful. I quite enjoyed using the needler rifle to blow my enemies sky high. But I find it a little upsetting with the time different, because they intervened new weapons in Reach, that never appeared in halo 1, 2 or 3. The artwork is also astounding, great job by the game developers, loved the background. Also the easter eggs are highly the best to have fun with. Really those who own the game, search for the easter eggs and you'll love what you'd find, if you loved the games halo 1,2 and 3. The character you play is also astounding. You've got new armour and looks for your guy. It much more specific than halo 3. The details of the looks are new and amazing, unless your not into how you look. The online matchmaking is quick and very easy to use. Loved the multiplayer, felt like it was halo 2 again! I don't mind the firefight or the online co-op campaign. Doesn't matter if it the same in halo 2 and 3 or ODST. I mean seriously it should not be a factor of dislikes, they have new maps new enemies and heroes. I mean overall the game is excellent, but every game has its little glitches or defaults. So I really had to give it a 10. I'd say this is as good as Halo 2, maybe even better. This is the best way to end the series with a bang. Expand
  23. Dec 31, 2010
    After being somewhat dissapointed with Halo 3's campaign, Reach's wasn't any better. The story remains the same, punching grunts to death and driving around in purple hovercars. However, there was some major improvements in Reach. The graphics are much better and the game runs smoothly. The multiplayer is where the game really shines. It's similar to Halo 3 multiplayer, but the addedAfter being somewhat dissapointed with Halo 3's campaign, Reach's wasn't any better. The story remains the same, punching grunts to death and driving around in purple hovercars. However, there was some major improvements in Reach. The graphics are much better and the game runs smoothly. The multiplayer is where the game really shines. It's similar to Halo 3 multiplayer, but the added sprint makes it feel more intense and makes up for the oversize maps. It's not frustratingly hard if you've played shooters previously. The sci-fi elements remain intact; don't expect a CoD clone when you pick this up. As for multiplayer modes, Bungie went full retard by adding jetpacks and an "armor lock" (ice block, anyone?) ability which completely ruins Slayer. (Slayer Pro fixes this issue, but is grouped in with other slayer modes.) But for people that enjoy Swat, Firefight, etc, you will be blown away. I have never once had the game lag, freeze, or glitch during the online multiplayer. Reach took many of it's high points from ODST, but it blended together suprisingly well and is definitely worth the money. Expand
  24. Jan 9, 2011
    The campaign is really a once-through in my opinion, but the multiplayer component to Reach is as good, or better, as the series ever was. The ranking and challenges features make online play much more addicting, and the whole experience feels improved over previous versions.
  25. Jan 26, 2011
    Definitely the best multiplayer game on the Xbox 360. Just a few things stop it from getting a perfect score from me, such as the constant stoppage of multiplayer games due to someone lagging out or the host quitting. I cannot play firefight matchmaking at all because I am always the host and I lag. These things could easily be fixed if Bungie supplied dedicated servers, but they aren't soDefinitely the best multiplayer game on the Xbox 360. Just a few things stop it from getting a perfect score from me, such as the constant stoppage of multiplayer games due to someone lagging out or the host quitting. I cannot play firefight matchmaking at all because I am always the host and I lag. These things could easily be fixed if Bungie supplied dedicated servers, but they aren't so I just have to get over it. Expand
  26. Jan 25, 2011
    I'd say I definitely don't qualify as a Halo fanboy. Missing the beginning of the series and not playing online has admittedly handicapped me on this one. But despite having a few issues, I really got into Halo: Reach. I love the Noble Six customization even if Iâ
  27. Feb 22, 2011
    Best Halo game ever ... Incredible. Very nice sky, variety of weapons , equipments and the very best Enemy AI i"ve ever seen in a shooter ... Great campaign and addictive multiplayer with a incredible gameplay and precise control response . Halo is definitely the most addictive game of all exclusive shooters . Reach is the real full-pack and a must buy of the gen
  28. Mar 26, 2011
    Easily the best Halo.I quite enjoyed it really.A very well made game that has suffered from the hype.Considering the lengths Microsoft has gone to make Halo a household name,you'd assume that Reach was the second(or third if you like) coming of Half-Life.
    No,it's not,but still a very enjoyable,if generic FPS.Fans will froth,the rest of us will just like it for what it is.
    A decent game.
  29. Feb 23, 2011
    If you liked the previous Halo games, you will like this one, again. As a fan of Halo. I won't give this under a 7 because I do like it and there are some new additions, but honestly. It's getting kind of old.
  30. Jun 18, 2013
    The annoying additional level after the last level which was the Lone Wolf ending drove me nuts and lfet me confused at the fact that Noble Six's fate had to happen in one game was quite sad and yet obviously had an agitated look of seeing your own character, Noble Six to struggle with a large endless number of randomly occurring Elites and Zealots trying to kill you.
    Despite this, I
    Despite this, I enjoyed mainly the game play structure and weaponry design as Halo: Reach proved to me that it was the best Halo game I've ever played by now, even better than the intense, action-packed 2012 game Halo 4. In the Firefight and Forge especially, I felt with my friend who happens to be a PS3 player, ironically enjoying the variety of enemy waves, weapons on different locations and the aesthetic graphical details of the rich, iconic Sci-Fi franchise! Forget the Campaign idea, the Forge and Firefighter are highly recommended to play, which also save's this game's backside from getting 8 or lower, if it wasn't for the brilliant concept of Forge mode and Firefight mode.
  31. Feb 25, 2011
    I have been playing Halo from the launch of the original X-Box. Although it may not be the best in the series, it is a fresh approach to an excellent formula. The armor abilities (armor lock aside) are a nice addition to the gameplay. Being a big fan of the battle rifle, I believe the new DMR slows the pace of the game down a little. But if used correctly, it is a devastating piece ofI have been playing Halo from the launch of the original X-Box. Although it may not be the best in the series, it is a fresh approach to an excellent formula. The armor abilities (armor lock aside) are a nice addition to the gameplay. Being a big fan of the battle rifle, I believe the new DMR slows the pace of the game down a little. But if used correctly, it is a devastating piece of hardware. All in all Bungie took a gamble to keep up with an ever changing market. In conclusion, I would have to say to those who liked previous Halo games, this would be a wonderful addition to your collection. Expand
  32. Aug 5, 2011
    Halo: Reach has proved that it is one of the Xbox 360's most prized exclusives. As Bungie's final entry in the Halo franchise, it is quite clear they were in for one last hurrah. It showcased a brand new engine, built from the ground up, which makes Halo 3 look like a game from the last generation, even though both games are exclusive to the same system. In terms of visuals, Reach is aHalo: Reach has proved that it is one of the Xbox 360's most prized exclusives. As Bungie's final entry in the Halo franchise, it is quite clear they were in for one last hurrah. It showcased a brand new engine, built from the ground up, which makes Halo 3 look like a game from the last generation, even though both games are exclusive to the same system. In terms of visuals, Reach is a beautiful game. Textures have been vastly improved, along with exceptional lighting and shading. The amount of detail is impeccable, each location is unique in it's design and colour palette. However, one of the must important features of the engine, is the inclusion of motion blur, which allows for a much more cinematic experience. This also masks the fact that Reach only runs at thirty frames per second. The game does show case a high level of graphical fidelity, and this does cause the frame rate to drop when things get busy on screen, however, this is a minor annoyance considering it runs smoothly most of the time. In terms of gameplay, it's what you expect from the Halo franchise. Level design makes the most of it's sandbox style of approach. Yes, there are a few linear sequences throughout the campaign. The campaign is not overly scripted like other shooters,(Call Of Duty, I'm looking at you) but it combines the two for a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The weapons remain the same, but have been refined and modified to provide a more thrilling shooting experience. Old favourites have returned, such as my best friend, the UNSC assault rife. The DMR also returns, but instead of a three shot burst, it's been dialed down to firing one shot at a time. You will encounter subtle changes across the board, but the weapons will retain essentially the same function from previous Halo games. If I have to gripe, I found myself retaining UNSC weapons throughout the campaign, the covenant weapons, in my opinion, don't offer the same level of satisfaction with the exception of explosive weapons such as the Brute shot and Plasma Launcher. Then we come to assassination kills, which allows the player to perform a brutal melee attack upon an unsuspecting enemy. This contributes to the overall cinematic experience.Suit abilities have been more streamlined and apparent, with the inclusion of abilities, such as sprint, armour lock, drop shield, active camo, evade and hologram. This allows the player to tailor a unique experience that suits any gameplay style.

The AI has also been given a major overhaul, Grunts make their return, serving the purpose of being the games cannon fodder once again. Grunts will often resort to run-and-gun tactics, and not utilize the dynamic AI showcased in other enemies such as Zealots and Brutes,(Yes, Brutes actually use their brains in this title). These enemies will work together, and sometimes flank you rather than take a head on approach. The drastically improved AI will bring a new level of challenge to the players, and players will benefit greatly from incorporating a tactical approach rather than going in with all guns blazing.

Personally, I found the Reach campaign the most enjoyable in the Halo franchise on the current generation of the Xbox 360. It is a thrilling experience from start to finish, boasting a simple, yet well-written story throughout. The story does indeed pull on some emotional chords, which is rare in action titles.Players unfamiliar with Halo lore will have no problems being immersed in a campaign that spans from eight to ten hours depending on your difficulty. The campaign offers four difficulty levels encouraging multiple playthroughs, adding to it's replay value. Halo: Reach is truly an amazing title, and is one of 2010's best shooters, if not the best Halo game to date.

Watch this space for my opinion on multiplayer and the revamped Firefight mode, and yes, it doesn't disappoint,.
  33. Mar 23, 2011
    Halo:Reach is truely a gaming masterpiece.Has OUTSTANDING multiplyer,it will keep you hooked for years!Plus great story,it was so well written and actually made me sad at the end.It has so many extra features like:theather,co-op,Firefight,Custom games, and more.It also has GREAT background music...makes you pumped up when you play.Definately recommend this game to everyone.One of myHalo:Reach is truely a gaming masterpiece.Has OUTSTANDING multiplyer,it will keep you hooked for years!Plus great story,it was so well written and actually made me sad at the end.It has so many extra features like:theather,co-op,Firefight,Custom games, and more.It also has GREAT background music...makes you pumped up when you play.Definately recommend this game to everyone.One of my friends doesnt like Halo,then he played Reach...he said he loved it! 10 out 10!!! Expand
  34. Mar 21, 2011
    Campaign is great, forge can recreate all old favorite custom games, and multiplayer has tons more playlists than halo 3 as well as XP to buy armor and challenges and commendations to complete.
  35. Mar 26, 2011
    terrific game. give the singleplayer a run through on legendary if you have 10 hours to spare, but if you have a year to spare log in to multiplayer with some mates and get addicted. This game has stolen so many valuable hours of my work time, but i dont regret a minute of it.
  36. Mar 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. what a fps man, i was blown away and played for weeks... better than halo 3, me thinks, and i had lot of fun by myself and with my pals in the single player and multiplayer modes. online is where the game really shines, though Expand
  37. Jul 19, 2011
    Best Halo game by far. If you are a fan of the Halo series or first person shooters in general this is a must have. Everything is here, great campaign, firefight is addicting, and some of the most balanced multiplayer action around today.
  38. Mar 22, 2012
    Ok yes this is another Halo, is the campaign entertaining? Hell yes. Now the beginning cinematic paints a pretty bleak picture. But this is all part of the time-line in the halo universe. I certainly found the Spartan 3 squad-mates true to their roles, the armor mods very useful, the AI tough and the new enemies a nice change.

Now you might call me a fanatic but I have read all the Halo

Now you might call me a fanatic but I have read all the Halo Novels and I like to experience the Halo Universe in any additional way, this game lives up to my expectations of a Halo game but does have flaws, story wise mostly and does wander away from the time-line somewhat but it is forgivable.

I enjoyed it and that is final.
  39. Nov 24, 2011
    Gorgeous visuals, and engrossing multiplayer make this game great, but unfortunately Bungie's lack of care for the fiction is starting to become apparent, especially given the horrendous AI of the campaign. Nonetheless, not to be missed by Xbox 360 owners.
  40. Sep 24, 2011
    honestly, I found this game to be very underwhelming and rather disappointing. And if it weren't for ODST I would say its the worst halo game.

I found the campaign to be mundane, phoned in, and mediocre at best. It is lacking in presentation. for example, compare the invasion scene in halo reach to the San Fransisco invasion scene in resistance 2. resistance 2 delivers one of the most epic and jaw dropping scenes I have seen in a game and insomniac has a mere percentage of the funding behind them as bungie. for a game that capitalizes on a planetary invasion, you dont really get alot of epic encounters built around that theme in halo reach. in fact, you dont get very many epic encounters at all. most of the battles are relatively small scaled and they offer little intensity or a true warlike atmosphere.

The story is terrible. I can accept that. but the problem is that it is terrible in a boring way. It seems like the voice actors and writers arent even attempting to make it entertaining or interesting. There are plotholes everywhere in this game. I dont usually bring up that sort of thing, but they are so pervasive in this game, especially surrounding the deaths of main characters. I read the book "fall of reach" and it actually fleshed out the universe of "halo" and made master chief a more interesting character. It also showed the spartans, earlier in their training program, going on missions against human insurgents and pirates. that would have been an interesting thing to see in the game. but halo reach doesn't take any chances and it doesn't offer anything as a prequel.

the gunplay mechanics, in my eyes, are unforgivably primitive, especially for a big budget current gen title. There is no reason why halo games shouldn't incorporate ironsights by now. I dont think there is any other FPS franchise that could still get away with such a thing and be well received in the reviewing community. The gunplay overall has very little kickback or power behind it. the only weapon I found to have even a semblance of impact was the pistol. perhaps bungie was afraid to make significant changes to the gunplay because given the fact that this is a prequel, it would affect the continuity of the series. but I think that is really just a weak excuse.

No matter what features they add to the multiplayer, it doesnt cover up the sub-par mechanics and gunplay, which are truly the core aspects of an FPS game.

overall, halo reach isnt the worst FPS game out there, but I would definitely say its not a "great" game. if I were to judge it by the campaign alone, I would give it a 7/10. however, I think that due to the competent multiplayer (where clearly most of the effort has gone) I can give it an extra star, bringing it to an 8/10. honestly though I couldnt imagine giving it anything higher.

Halo Reach's campaign doesn't live up the standards set by the first 2 entries in the series or even the third. Halo should be blazing ahead and creating campaigns that are a cut above the standard, but instead they are trailing half a gen behind game franchises like Killzone, Crysis, and Resistance to name a few. Hell, even Call of Duty, despite its stagnation, still has a far more sophisticated engine, more dynamic campaigns, and far better gunplay than any of the current gen halo games.

its a shame this game has received so much undeserved praise. people are just so excited to have a game with "halo" in the name, that they dont stop to critically analyze it. I didnt go into this game wanting to hate it. as I said, I read the halo books. I was the biggest halo fan out there. at least up the halo 3. I honestly found this game lacking in every single aspect that matters to me in an FPS. If you havent experienced many FPS games this gen, than you may enjoy this. I know these games appeal to the more casual FPS crowd. However, objectively and in comparison to what is on the market right now, this game is not a contender, despite what some people will tell you.
  41. Jun 13, 2011
    First and foremost, let me say that this review is based on how good the game is, not how annoying the hype was built around it (which wan't that annoying).
    Halo revolutionized the first-person shooter genre (especially on consoles), and the series continues to add new and interesting mechanics to the game.
    The campaign is great, with characters you actually care about, incredibly smart (enemy) AI, and a mission or two that make you say, "I just did WHAT?!", Call of Duty style.
    The true gem in the game, like many first-person shooters, is the multiplayer. New game modes like Invasion shake things up, with one team attacking control points and the other defending, while the game modes we all loved from the past games are back, like grifball.
    The Forge is back, and better than ever. It's easier to use, and the game comes pre-loaded with the map Forge World, which has several relatively empty places to build from scratch. People, including me, like to complain about a lot of little things in this game, which prevented it from getting a perfect 10. Some of the ones I agree with: "The magnum still sucks!", and "What the hell are skirmishers?!"
    All together, Reach is a great game with an incredible (and incredibly customizable) multiplayer experience, and it makes you wonder where the gaming industry would be if Reach didn't fall.
  42. Jun 17, 2011
    A major improvement from the abysmal Halo ODST. The campaign is back to the Good'ol menu mission selection. What's more is MP is on the same disk to the alright SP campaign. Forge is much better with the ability to merge objects and move objects very little (Good for those who like precise maps). The multiplayer maps are a blast. Forge World is best with a friend if you have the communityA major improvement from the abysmal Halo ODST. The campaign is back to the Good'ol menu mission selection. What's more is MP is on the same disk to the alright SP campaign. Forge is much better with the ability to merge objects and move objects very little (Good for those who like precise maps). The multiplayer maps are a blast. Forge World is best with a friend if you have the community created HORSE maps in which the aim is to beat your opponent to complete an objective, whether it be cross a small platform on a mongoose or fly through the air and hope to land on the platform. The let downs are the campaign missions which to be frank are mainly at their best firefights where one side exchanges fire with another. Sure firefight is back but to me it's just the same as last time with a few armour abilities like Sprint or Jet Pack. The main new feature that stood out for me was the levelling system which took place in SP and MP where the aim is to get credits for anything like kill an enemy or finish a level. With these newly acquired credits, armour can be bought to customize your Spartan. Overall a game I often play but it has it's let downs. Expand
  43. Jul 2, 2011
    This game is a great game. The multiplayer offers new things, along with the firefight mode. The only thing that I think is OK is the campaign. This game would be a good first game if you are new to Xbox.
  44. Jul 3, 2011
    Halo: Reach is a great game, it has an epic campaign, perfect multiplayer, and good graphic. It is a very funny game, you will play this for months and months. Simply,the king of FPS.
  45. Jul 3, 2011
    the game improves so much on technology its unbelivable this is the pinnacle of halo games. Everything in the game is intense the enimies look insanely intimaditing and the A.I is so much smarter , they think and they act upon your actions. I thought halo 3 was great but wow this game complelty blow that game out of the water. In fact i cant think of any game on the PS3 console or even thethe game improves so much on technology its unbelivable this is the pinnacle of halo games. Everything in the game is intense the enimies look insanely intimaditing and the A.I is so much smarter , they think and they act upon your actions. I thought halo 3 was great but wow this game complelty blow that game out of the water. In fact i cant think of any game on the PS3 console or even the nitendo console that truly stands against this game. this game has so much in its truly amazing.
    the thing i really wanted most out of this game was for the campaign to keep going longer than 11 levels that would have been fantastic but other wise bungie did a great job.
  46. Jan 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played is game for almost a year now and I'm not bored of it. This made up for the emptiness that halo 3 gave me. With what started as a noob friendly multiplayer is becoming more competitive (arguable) now that 343 has taken over halo. They are doing requests from the community (especially MLG) that are making it better for most people. I took a break from this game to go play battlefield 3 and was slightly surprised to have as much fun as I did before. FORGE: much improved on Halo 3s and is a very good map making system. MULTIPLAYER: fun and being changed for those who wanted zero bloom and rank playlists. CAMPAIGN: can play up to 4 people over live and two local (I think) . Short but made me sad at the end and clap. FIREFIGHT: improved off ODSTs game mode and I have made some pretty fun game types to play with friends. CUSTOM GAMES: imagine CoDs private matches on fun steroids. Paired up with forge and crazy changes to gun load outs, health, movement, damage, etc is really what makes me come back and play reach. The game runs pretty smooth for 30 FPS and with three map packs, people are just finding all kinds of things to do in the game. Graphics are pretty good but not the best compared to other games but still make the game enjoyable. I would consider this game medium paced and definitely not for everyone. But for those who like fun games Expand
  47. Jul 10, 2011
    Great game in a great series. I was never really a big Halo fan, but this game seems to be the best shooter out there for me right now. COD seems to have a ton of hackers/glitchers/modders etc. as well as childish players. Don't get me wrong, Halo has them too, but with the modes I play (Arena, MLG, Swat), I don't see too many. Also, I think Halo takes a bit more skill than COD. With allGreat game in a great series. I was never really a big Halo fan, but this game seems to be the best shooter out there for me right now. COD seems to have a ton of hackers/glitchers/modders etc. as well as childish players. Don't get me wrong, Halo has them too, but with the modes I play (Arena, MLG, Swat), I don't see too many. Also, I think Halo takes a bit more skill than COD. With all your killstreak awards, you are just asking for players to camp, and camp they do. Most people think that's the "cool" way to play shooters now. So, I rate Halo: Reach a 9, simply for beating COD and satisfying the need for a good shooter. Expand
  48. Jul 10, 2011
    For halo fans and non halo fans alike this game is very good and should be played by all. The campaign is very good if very short with a good story and enough different combat options and varied missions to keep you interested. The multiplayer is excellent with all of the pizzazz of the previous halo games with one great addition, WORKING PHYSICS which I think makes it better. The onlyFor halo fans and non halo fans alike this game is very good and should be played by all. The campaign is very good if very short with a good story and enough different combat options and varied missions to keep you interested. The multiplayer is excellent with all of the pizzazz of the previous halo games with one great addition, WORKING PHYSICS which I think makes it better. The only problem is that the campaign is too short and doesn't live up to a lot of promise it shows throughout the campaign. Expand
  49. Oct 11, 2011
    Halo: Reach is a very well-made game, strong graphics, visual presentation, soundtrack+score and killer Halo Gameplay amount to one beast of a game. Nevertheless, it isn't near perfect. For one, the story is a giant flop, and serves as a major anti-climax for anyone who has played through the masterfully-written trilogy that was Halo, and while the gameplay is amazing (just like itsHalo: Reach is a very well-made game, strong graphics, visual presentation, soundtrack+score and killer Halo Gameplay amount to one beast of a game. Nevertheless, it isn't near perfect. For one, the story is a giant flop, and serves as a major anti-climax for anyone who has played through the masterfully-written trilogy that was Halo, and while the gameplay is amazing (just like its non-chronological predecessors), the structure often feels tedious and at times often very dull (the low-point being a mission where you fly through a city in a painfully-slow attack/transport chopper in the pouring rain, going back and forth across a very poorly made playing field providing assistance to random characters you neither know nor care about). Also, the new armour abilities, while some (the jet pack in particular) are definite wins, most of them serve simply to unbalance the gameplay and make it far more tedious, and seem a fairly pointless inclusion. If you can overlook these flawed abilities however, then the multiplayer aspect of Reach will be a fine way to kill time until H:CE:AE is released. Halo: Reach does succeed in many ways and is certainly better than most of the **** shooters we're exposed to, but coming from this right after Halo 3 (a vastly superior game in every aspect) will leave you longing for simpler times. Also, if you're a COD fan (much like myself) you'll find it very difficult to get into this, thanks entirely to the utter lack of customisation options in your load-outs (itself due to the minimalistic amount of weapons on offer)
    Final Verdict: 8
  50. Jul 18, 2011
    An excellent game with a awesome story,strong characters and superb graphics. In my opinion, it brought many innovative things to the series like the armor abilities and space fights. The multiplayer part is as awesome as it is in previous game but with a few more adjustments. I recommend this to anyone who has a xbox 360 console.
  51. Aug 26, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of the halo franchise and this game too. This is probably one of the best of the series next to Halo 2. Awesome storyline really backs the cool effects and scenery. The campaign is really good. The multiplayer is bad ass too. It's fast and easy to get the hang of. Nothings better than a game of Halo. Can't wait till next one.
  52. Jul 19, 2011
    To say i never played the first halo yet this comes good to halo 2 and 3 yet i miss the old armor type from the first 3 halo's Reach does a good job in creativity with the guns but not enough use fullness in forge and a wide amount of game types that are pretty similar yet when a COD rates this their gotta dislike it due to the fact that the COD series ruined the history of gaming. ThisTo say i never played the first halo yet this comes good to halo 2 and 3 yet i miss the old armor type from the first 3 halo's Reach does a good job in creativity with the guns but not enough use fullness in forge and a wide amount of game types that are pretty similar yet when a COD rates this their gotta dislike it due to the fact that the COD series ruined the history of gaming. This game was a bit of a money grab since odst failed but they provived us with a good campaign not the greatest, but it delivers, and since 343 industries is taking over halo has lost its luster. Halo Reach lacks a few features halo 3 had that i wished were put to it. but were not if 343 updates us with a free download for having pelicans or a better falcon for a squad and not just gunners and things like that i wish they did but all in all heres my ratings
    grapichs who cares i dont rate that, games arent rated on grahics cause o well
    story 8.3
    Gameplay 9
    Fun 8.7
    Creativity 10
    lasting game play 6.8
    upgradability 7
  53. Jul 19, 2011
    Halo Reach, possibly one of the greatest games of all time. It is full of amazing content including, Firefight, Forge 2.0, Matchmaking, Theater mode, and an amazing campain that lasts over 10 hours depending on what difficulty your on. This is worth every penny of it's purchase price, buy it now! :D
  54. Jul 26, 2011
    Reach is one of the best first person shooters out there. Although many of you may not understand the story line of the game because although its a prequel it still kind of expects you to have played the other games first. Many of you may also say the story doesn't step up to the plate of halo combat evolved but it is the best single player campaign since the first halo not because itsReach is one of the best first person shooters out there. Although many of you may not understand the story line of the game because although its a prequel it still kind of expects you to have played the other games first. Many of you may also say the story doesn't step up to the plate of halo combat evolved but it is the best single player campaign since the first halo not because its story is great but because there is so much variety. In one level you may be sneaking around on farmlands sniping down elites but in the next level you could be flying around on a gunship in a massive urban environment in the middle of an all out war. This game definetly has the most variety of any halo campaign even though its story may not be up to par of halo combat evolved, but that's why I gave it a 9 not a 10.
    The multiplayer in this game also has an amazing amount of variety from up to a 4 player co-op Campaign (online 4 player, local 2 player), firefight, 4 player split screen, matchmaking, and not to mention its improved forge mode where almost any map from past halo games or completely new maps can be easily created or recreated. The improved forge mode also allows players to adjust current maps to their liking. But there are still some flaws that I'd like to see fixed about forge such as completely changing the colours (that's not bad grammar I'm just Canadian) of the building blocks instead of just changing what team it should belong to (red or blue). The game also has new features (which were inspired by COD MW) such as the equipment feature which allows you to have the ability either to sprint, jetpack, bubble shield, armour lock...etc. This feature adds a whole new strategy to the game as you can only carry one equipment at a time so you must choose between classes before the beginning of a match. It's a welcome addition to the gameplay but its obviously inspired by Call of Duty. Also inspired by Call of duty is its massively lengthy leveling up. It can take days to rank up once you get into the higher ranks and once you get to the extremely high ranks it can feel like forever to get to the next one. But with each new rank comes new armour which give you a slight satisfaction for wasting so much time trying to rank up. On to presentation, overall the graphics in this game are mediocre not the best graphics out there but there not terrible. The music as always is perfect for the game but I have to admit I do miss that famous sound of the quire singing. The voice acting is well done but kind of dull due to the storyline and the characters are kind of forgettable (again due to the storyline). At the end of the day Halo Reach may not have the best storyline or the perfect map creator or the best ranking up system but it does have one of the most fun gameplays out there with a lot of things to do so you're not gonna get bored quickly. Halo is about fun and variety which this game delivers that's why I'm giving it a 9/10.
  55. Jan 14, 2013
    Bungie did a lot wrong with there last installment but it still felt like halo. Weapon pickups should never be taken out of halo.....thanks 343. Playing Halo 4 made me realize that reach was not that bad of a game. The forge was awesome, custom games was awesome, and the multiplayer was awesome. This is what I expected from a halo game. I had a lot of fun on this game. Remember reach theyBungie did a lot wrong with there last installment but it still felt like halo. Weapon pickups should never be taken out of halo.....thanks 343. Playing Halo 4 made me realize that reach was not that bad of a game. The forge was awesome, custom games was awesome, and the multiplayer was awesome. This is what I expected from a halo game. I had a lot of fun on this game. Remember reach they say.... 9/10 Halo 3 is still the best. Expand
  56. Aug 8, 2011
    A perfect way to end the series. Campaign: I enjoy playing as noble 6, accompanied by the rest of noble team. Space mission was epic! Even though it was short, they ended it in a way to remember. I think it was the most easy to understand story in the series. Multiplayer: Lots of new features since halo 3, like the new voting system. Many new creative gametypes like headhunter, stockpile,A perfect way to end the series. Campaign: I enjoy playing as noble 6, accompanied by the rest of noble team. Space mission was epic! Even though it was short, they ended it in a way to remember. I think it was the most easy to understand story in the series. Multiplayer: Lots of new features since halo 3, like the new voting system. Many new creative gametypes like headhunter, stockpile, and the big one, invasion. All new creative maps, such as Spire and Boneyard can really give a satisfying touch. FireFight: They have greatly inhanced this mode since halo 3:odst. There are much more customizable options, like the ability to change the enemies during a wave, or mess around how strong you are in battle. Forge: You can now build forge maps in the new giant map called forge world. You change the way the pieces interact with the environment. Bungie has all ready made some forge maps for you to play in like the remake of Blood Gulch and other remakes, and new ones like The Cage. Now it is much easier to build big maps. In conclusion, this game has barely any flaws, and it is worth every penny you spend it one Expand
  57. Aug 15, 2011
    This game is sort of a mixed bag for me. Sure, the gameplay/multiplayer is very solid, like what we are used to from Bungie. The campaign offers a lot of variety and is very fast-paced, lot of action. However, there were no memorable moments in the campaign, at least until the end. The campaign is forgettable for the most part. For something as epic as the fall of Earth, loss of billionsThis game is sort of a mixed bag for me. Sure, the gameplay/multiplayer is very solid, like what we are used to from Bungie. The campaign offers a lot of variety and is very fast-paced, lot of action. However, there were no memorable moments in the campaign, at least until the end. The campaign is forgettable for the most part. For something as epic as the fall of Earth, loss of billions of human lives and fighting a losing battle, it was a disappointment for me. The characters were very forgettable, and Bungie obviously wanted us to feel attached to them, but when they started dying, I really didn't care as much, yet I couldn't even remember their name. Expand
  58. Aug 30, 2011
    Bungie's last halo game, for the most part they have made a very good game but I think they stayed too safe and did not take any risks. The campaign is good and the multiplayer is great, but there were not many maps and all the forge made ones are boring and dull. Overall its a very good game. 9/10
  59. Aug 31, 2011
    Having played all of the previous Halo's I feel as this game has been a great addition to the franchise. If multiplayer is what your looking for Halo Reach a offers beautiful, fun and exciting gaming experience which never becomes repetitive, this game campaign is shorter than i expected and its firefight feature isn't really fun at the beginning and takes a while to kick off. Other thanHaving played all of the previous Halo's I feel as this game has been a great addition to the franchise. If multiplayer is what your looking for Halo Reach a offers beautiful, fun and exciting gaming experience which never becomes repetitive, this game campaign is shorter than i expected and its firefight feature isn't really fun at the beginning and takes a while to kick off. Other than that, this game is superb and most importantly fun. Expand
  60. Sep 14, 2015
    This is how you do a campaign in a shooter game. It was a thrilling and dramatic experience of battle, companionship and loss.
    Also I was never sure how the story would unfold, if they would succeed in battle or not, which kept me very engaged. This was, apart from Half-Life 2 the best shooter campaign I every played.
    Also the music and graphics were stellar. Giving this game a 10 would
    Also the music and graphics were stellar.
    Giving this game a 10 would not be wrong, but a 9 is fine also.
  61. Sep 15, 2011
    If you like Halo buy it. Fantastic replay value and different game modes. Misses out on a 10 because of lack of Master Chief-ness and not a big fan of a lot of the MP maps (too many forge world levels!!!)
    Great work from Bungie to conclude their project....
  62. Sep 21, 2011
    This game took what was a very over done franchise and brought something fresh a special to it. I'll be honest I didnt care for Halo 3, liked ODST but this game really brought back the enjoyment factor for me in a big way that I had been missing with Halo since the second installment. Thank you Bungie!
  63. Sep 14, 2011
    I never got into the Halo series until I first bought Halo Reach on my Xbox. I was instantly hooked into the game since then. I personally don't find the campaign all that exciting if you play it solo, so I highly recommend going co-op on this one. Multiplayer is a fun and well-balanced experience that really shouldn't be compared to other first-person shooters out there. It has greatI never got into the Halo series until I first bought Halo Reach on my Xbox. I was instantly hooked into the game since then. I personally don't find the campaign all that exciting if you play it solo, so I highly recommend going co-op on this one. Multiplayer is a fun and well-balanced experience that really shouldn't be compared to other first-person shooters out there. It has great customization system, allowing you to change your armor, emblem, tag, helmet, color, and much more. Multiplayer also has a wide variety of game types, from the simple "team slayer", which is basically a team death match, to completely different things such as "infection", a zombie survival type of game type. There's also a forge mode which allows you to create your own maps. Overall this is a game with a decent single player campaign and EXCELLENT replay value. Expand
  64. Oct 18, 2011
    I don't like Halo but this game is how every shooter should be designed. It is very well balanced, great online, campaign is epic and I did like the story. Weapons are good, they have added recoil and SWAT is very fun to play- it's the best game mode for any console FPS imo. It deserves a high score. The only problem was the horde mode, which isn't very exciting even if you play aroundI don't like Halo but this game is how every shooter should be designed. It is very well balanced, great online, campaign is epic and I did like the story. Weapons are good, they have added recoil and SWAT is very fun to play- it's the best game mode for any console FPS imo. It deserves a high score. The only problem was the horde mode, which isn't very exciting even if you play around with it on forge or custom game mode. Overall, this is the most complete package shooter on the market today. In the same way that Halo 3 was ahead of its time, this game offers more than the absokute minimum. You get progression in ranking through campaign, co-op, online, horde etc. But being a higher rank or completing challenges doesn't give you any advantage over a new player. Halo Reach delivers quality and quantity on all fronts. Expand
  65. Dec 7, 2011
    If this game had to be summed up in one word, the word would be: Perfection.
    This game is not only one of the best game made â
  66. Sep 24, 2011
    This is a very cool sci-fi game. This is my favourite game. The story goood the gameplay very good and the music very very good. least 150 characters, least 150 characters
  67. Sep 26, 2011
    I do not normally give a game a 10, but for Halo Reach I'll make an exception.

The campaign is excellent, it's not too short, and it's not too long. It's story will draw you in and keep you interested, and in certain areas of the campaign you can actually fly space ships. Which in FPS history is a rare occurrence. As for multiplayer, every game I have is always stable and I have very
    I do not normally give a game a 10, but for Halo Reach I'll make an exception.

As for multiplayer, every game I have is always stable and I have very little disconnections. It's also a lot of fun, I love playing Firefight.

Graphics wise Bungie have done a fantastic job. I can't really say anything bad about them really.
    The gameplay is also very solid.

Halo reach is one of the few games that does not have any bugs or glitches that plague other games (Cough Black Ops Cough) It is a very enjoyable game and it has no doubt left it's mark on FPS History.
  68. Nov 14, 2011
    A really good game it definatly raises the expectation for the halo series. When you play it i guarntee you'll be saying "wow this is so awesome that i pooped my self" overall just a good game. you gotta have no brain or taste in games if you dont even remotely like it. Just watch out there are some new monsters that really pack a punch
  69. Nov 19, 2012
    Loved this game. Campaign story was excellent, albeit linear and somewhat predictable. This game's multiplayer is one of the few I actually enjoy, most other games' MP I just find frustrating and annoying. I have read many people don't like it as well as previous installments of the Halo series, but I found this game overall very enjoyable.
  70. Oct 22, 2011
    Alright, I've been a big time Halo fan for about 9 years now. I've played every Halo game (Including Wars) for countless hours and have read all the books. The Halo series is one of my favorite video game series of all time.

That said, I really like Halo: Reach. It is the complete package. There are so many ways to have fun in this game. Reach's competitive multiplayer is very fun and is what keeps me playing the game one year later. I wouldn't say that it's the best in the series, but it's still extremely fun to play. Forge and Firefight have both taken huge leaps from Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST. Firefights customization is what really makes it fun, you can pretty much do almost anything you want with it. Forge World is just amazing, making awesome maps has never been easier. Just messing around with some friends in the huge environment can be extremely fun. And when you take your Forge World creation into Custom Games with friends, it's just plain awesome. However, there is one big problem with the game and is the reason why I gave it an 8 instead of a 9. The single player campaign, was not nearly as cool and epic as I had thought it would be. There was no character development at all, the voice acting was terrible, and most of the missions were boring and repetitive. It didn't really feel like you were part of this large scale epic fight for the planet, instead you ran around pushing buttons and switches. The planet itself seemed more like a civilian farming planet more then the vital industrial military planet it was supposed to be. In fact, the campaign is so horrible and disappointing I don't even consider it canon to the Halo Universe. If you want to know what really happened to Reach, just read the book Halo: The Fall of Reach instead.

So overall, Halo: Reach is a great game, minus the single player campaign. It's a must buy for any FPS fan who owns an Xbox 360 and loves Sci Fi. I hope this review was helpful.
  71. Jul 1, 2012
    The best gift Bungie could have give us before they leave the Halo scene. This game is a gorgeous diamond. The controls are awesome and dangerously responsive, graphically, no major issues, and the music are just to dream about. The multiplayer is really challenging and unique, since everything goes very fast. Skill is the deal.
    The negative point I would give it is that they could have
    The negative point I would give it is that they could have offered us a better single player story. They should terribly have more respected the novel.
  72. Nov 6, 2011
    i thought this was one of the better halo games. reach totally grabbed me by the balls by its multiplayer, its just too **** fun. thiers a ton of unlocks for each rank that keeps you comin for more. **** the campaign better than the last installments in the series, alot more varied battlefields. the graphics are detailed so **** much, you can go to the theater to look at past games youi thought this was one of the better halo games. reach totally grabbed me by the balls by its multiplayer, its just too **** fun. thiers a ton of unlocks for each rank that keeps you comin for more. **** the campaign better than the last installments in the series, alot more varied battlefields. the graphics are detailed so **** much, you can go to the theater to look at past games you played and i **** you not, zoom in on anything.... its got little scratches on guns, armor, everything. just **** crazy, and i wasnt even that impressed with halo 3, i thought it was gay as **** excluding multiplayer. reach just has the craziest glitches ive ever seen in a game, like i just got through playin a match and it was 2 on 1 i died, and somehow right after that the 2 dudes just died spontaniously.... gotta double kill! its just packed with neverending moments that leave you flabbergasted haha. i advise to people who havent tried it, check it out, its a fine investment for a great package in all. i give it a ten just because it blew all the other games outta the water. i liked halo 2 more than any of the other games but this one just blew that mo****er out the water, check this **** out Expand
  73. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is the Best halo so far! It has great graphics, story line and a great multi player. The Campaign is a little hard to follow because I didn't really know who was who but that's the only bad thing.
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    Halo: Reach is something special. A love letter to Halo fans, and a perfect example of how to make a first person shooter, this emotional, powerful science fiction epic is expertly crafted. The campaign is a deep and poignant tale all woven around 10 flawlessly executed levels, each more astounding than the last. The gameplay improvements are subtle yet do so much, perfecting the Halo -Halo: Reach is something special. A love letter to Halo fans, and a perfect example of how to make a first person shooter, this emotional, powerful science fiction epic is expertly crafted. The campaign is a deep and poignant tale all woven around 10 flawlessly executed levels, each more astounding than the last. The gameplay improvements are subtle yet do so much, perfecting the Halo - and in doing so, the FPS - formula. This is first person shooting at its finest. It's also a gorgeous game, the attention to detail staggering, ensuring the world is totally believable, and the sound effects and epic soundtrack only add to the incredible atmosphere. Once again Bungie perfect competitive multiplayer, offering a very fun and fluid yet incredibly deep experience that will live on as long as the Xbox 360 exists. Firefight is a refinement of the excellent co-op mode first seen in ODST and is infinitely enjoyable. In short, Halo: Reach delivers on every front. This story of the beginning is also the perfect end for Bungie. This swan song is packed full of masterful content. From the incredible story-driven campaign to the wonderful multiplayer, Bungie have truly gone out with a bang. The best Halo game yet, and one of the greatest first person shooters, ever. A masterpiece. Expand
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    Soy muy fan de Halo pero en verdad no se me hizo tan agradable algunas habilidades de armadura porque campean mucho eso de volar o cubrirse pero ya con las actulizaciones se han ganado esta calificacion esperemos que mas puedan mejorar los de 343 sobre este juegazo
  76. Apr 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is great because of changes of graphics, gameplay and good story. It tells how Cortana have been able to get to Master Chief because of Noble 6, which is a great prequel to halo combat evolve. Also, please stop fanboy biased for PS3 and Xbox 360 exclusive games, i own a PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox, and PS2. Those exclusive games are good. I am very glad they made a very good game because Halo 3: ODST isn't much a good game for me in my opinion. Expand
  77. Nov 11, 2011
    Epic Game, Epic Story and great gameplay mechanics..The story of the tragic fall of Reach is told brilliantly and it doesn't matter if you have knowledge about the inevitability at the beginning or not..The pain of losing your team feels real and the last mission the way it closes out was a fitting way for Bungie to say goodbye to a much loved Franchise. Multiplayer is solid, Slayer is byEpic Game, Epic Story and great gameplay mechanics..The story of the tragic fall of Reach is told brilliantly and it doesn't matter if you have knowledge about the inevitability at the beginning or not..The pain of losing your team feels real and the last mission the way it closes out was a fitting way for Bungie to say goodbye to a much loved Franchise. Multiplayer is solid, Slayer is by far the most satisfying. THere is real innovation in how you use ur abilities and sprinting + melee is a great tactic. Beats the recycled garbage that is Call of Duty any day. Expand
  78. Nov 25, 2012
    Halo Reach was Bungie's last Halo game. The Game looked great, Much better than Halo 3's legendary graphics engine. A lot of the promises that were made for this game like space battles and taking part in huge npc vehicle battles were removed from the game because of Microsoft rushing Bungie to complete the game, but The game still has lots more than Halo 3's campaign did, It really heldHalo Reach was Bungie's last Halo game. The Game looked great, Much better than Halo 3's legendary graphics engine. A lot of the promises that were made for this game like space battles and taking part in huge npc vehicle battles were removed from the game because of Microsoft rushing Bungie to complete the game, but The game still has lots more than Halo 3's campaign did, It really held up to it's expectations. as for the multiplayer, Very fun. I was a little disappointed by the lack of maps that weren't made on Forge World, and that the maps that didn't use Forge World were just Bsp's from the Campaign, but they were still fun to play on, all the weapons fit and are fun to play with. I do not,however, like the vehicle combat in the multiplayer of the game, very unbalanced in my opinion. 8/10 Expand
  79. Aug 6, 2012
    Bungie came back with its last Halo installment as a prequel to the events of Halo: Combat Evolved. And it may surprise you on how good a prequel can be. Your part of a group trying to save the planet Reach from the Covenant. This game goes through the relationships of everyone in your group and how passionate a team of soldiers really can be. It has you going from beginning to end withBungie came back with its last Halo installment as a prequel to the events of Halo: Combat Evolved. And it may surprise you on how good a prequel can be. Your part of a group trying to save the planet Reach from the Covenant. This game goes through the relationships of everyone in your group and how passionate a team of soldiers really can be. It has you going from beginning to end with non stop action. The multiplayer is great as well. It brings back everything you love about the previous Halo installments but brings much more to the table. Halo: Reach is a must have for any Halo fanatic like myself.

Pros:
    -Great story
    -Good graphics
    -Good Multiplayer

Cons: -This is Bungies last Halo installment
  80. Nov 19, 2011
    Halo: Reach's story is easily one of the weakest in the overarching franchise, and its campaign is little more than a series of impressive setpieces with little to no justification for why exactly they are happening; it also manages to conflict with its own canon from past stories. It is a testament, then, to the multiplayer aspect of the Halo series that it manages not only to succeed,Halo: Reach's story is easily one of the weakest in the overarching franchise, and its campaign is little more than a series of impressive setpieces with little to no justification for why exactly they are happening; it also manages to conflict with its own canon from past stories. It is a testament, then, to the multiplayer aspect of the Halo series that it manages not only to succeed, but excel to new heights. This is the best online multiplayer has ever been, let alone the multiplayer of the Halo series. If you own a 360 and plan to play anything online, this is a must. Expand
  81. Nov 23, 2011
    OVERVIEW: With their last Halo title, Bungie definitely went out with a bang, showing no signs of laziness. Instead they showed hard work and dedication to create a meaningful, respectable game.

PROS: The hard work put into Reach definitely shows. Everything is brand new from the art work to the game engine. The game runs great and smooth with little to no problems. The presentation is amazing which includes some emotional and nostalgic story telling. The amazing multiplayer is better than ever, including tons of maps, tons of game types, and great matchmaking system, and a great leveling system. But the best part of this game is all the things there is to do. Forge is greatly improved for Halo 3 which now includes Forge World, fusing, and a lot of items. Firefight is included which contains customizable game types. Speaking of game types, Custom Games is included which contains almost limitless possibilities and endless combinations with forge. On top of all that there is matchmaking for campaign and firefight.

CONS: Reach is a beautiful game, but the graphics are not the best when compared to other shooters. Other problems are small things, like theatre has been reduced to 1 player only. You can't forge firefight maps. No matchmaking for custom games. Campaign is a bit short. These are all small things that are unnoticeable when enjoying the other options.

GRAPHICS: 8 out of 10; Not the best, but still beautiful enough to envy planet Reach.
    STORYLINE: 8 out of 10; Very emotional and the connection to other Halo's is clever, but this is only done in through cut scenes.
    GAMEPLAY: 9 out of 10; Very unique with the wide range of weapons and the addition of load outs.
    LASTING APPEAL: 10 out 10; So many ways to play, and they are all fun and lasting. OVERALL: 9 out of 10

CONCLUSION: What is so great about this game is all the things to do, how they all relate together, and how I could play every one for hours.. The small flaws are shadowed by what's great about this game. Bungie really gave it their all in this one, and it shows.
  82. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the best Halo Campaign. This is the best Halo Multiplayer as well. The campaign puts you in a position where you feel for the characters. The game delivers a solid well put together cast and puts you in some tight situations that feel even more epic than previous ventures. The sense of an apocalypse drives the single-player. The multiplayer is the best in any shooter to date andThis is the best Halo Campaign. This is the best Halo Multiplayer as well. The campaign puts you in a position where you feel for the characters. The game delivers a solid well put together cast and puts you in some tight situations that feel even more epic than previous ventures. The sense of an apocalypse drives the single-player. The multiplayer is the best in any shooter to date and requires an incredible amount of skill to become good at but at the same time you don't have to be incredible to have fun. There are so many multiplayer options and an improved upgrade system brings Reach ahead of Halo 3 in the Multiplayer department. Expand
  83. Nov 21, 2011
    First off, this game is better than a 9, but I refuse to give a game that's not perfect a 10, and I can think of a few things it's missing which I'll get to at the end.

The campaign mode for Reach is excellent, I don't personally think it has as many memorable moments as Halo 3 did in that department, but it's still a top notch campaign and you'd expect nothing less from a Halo game. The

The multiplayer mode is probably the best in terms of online FPS that I've ever come across. It's so well balanced in terms of weapons and the extra choices of particular power you choose really adds new dimensions to the strategy of the game. The game boasts some really great maps and now a year in it has lots that I've never even seen before. The medals you get within the game are always fun to see, and as always bungie.com has a great deal of stats, it's just a shame they can't be accessed from the Halo Reach game itself.

The things which need improving on are as follows: Jet Packs shouldn't be in the game, they're really irritating especially when half the people in the game are flying about. The map selection needs to be more random, I'm sick to death of playing Sword base cos it's the one people know the best. The lacks of a Final Kill Cam, Replay Death and levelling up perks that COD made popular are all annoying not to have.
  84. Nov 21, 2011
    Bungie put their heart and soul into their last Halo game; everything about this game is amazing. The campaign is breathtaking and emotional; I felt Reach was my home planet. The story is riveting to the last cutscene and ties together with Halo CE perfectly. The multiplayer is also very fun and addicting; Bungie took all the great weekend playlists from Halo 3 and added them to theBungie put their heart and soul into their last Halo game; everything about this game is amazing. The campaign is breathtaking and emotional; I felt Reach was my home planet. The story is riveting to the last cutscene and ties together with Halo CE perfectly. The multiplayer is also very fun and addicting; Bungie took all the great weekend playlists from Halo 3 and added them to the standard playlists. Firefight is also very fun and very customizable although for it to be any fun it has to be played with two or more people. Overall, this game is a great edition to the Halo series and it is definitely worth the money. Expand
  85. Dec 25, 2011
    As much of a fan you are, you cant give this over a 9. Its simple, campaign is pretty short, worst campaign on all Halos. The multiplayer introduced the DMR, which does not have any skill to use. Multiplayer of this game is the worst of all Halos. Firefight is pretty good, I see no problems there. The fact is, many professional players left this game, due to the fact that the DMR isAs much of a fan you are, you cant give this over a 9. Its simple, campaign is pretty short, worst campaign on all Halos. The multiplayer introduced the DMR, which does not have any skill to use. Multiplayer of this game is the worst of all Halos. Firefight is pretty good, I see no problems there. The fact is, many professional players left this game, due to the fact that the DMR is random. In Halo 3 you needed skill to reach max level, in here everyone reaches max level, even if the player sucks. Still, Halo Reach is still a great game, but Bungie left me dissapointed with this game. Expand
  86. Nov 25, 2011
    Freaking love this game. Bungie is great. Honestly 4 player split screen online is amazing. I wish more devs did that and for this Halo is one of my #1 played games since I can always play it while I have my buds over. Only 1 gripe: BTB only lets 2 people on a console play at once. LAME!!!
  87. Nov 26, 2011
    Hands down, Halo Reach is the premiere shooter for the Xbox 360 console. Bungie have worked hard to combine the best of the Halo franchise into this game, and it has paid off. The game looks and plays fantastic, with some new impressive visuals powered by a newer game engine. Campaign featured a solid campaign with the perfect blend of storytelling, combat and landscapes. The multiplayerHands down, Halo Reach is the premiere shooter for the Xbox 360 console. Bungie have worked hard to combine the best of the Halo franchise into this game, and it has paid off. The game looks and plays fantastic, with some new impressive visuals powered by a newer game engine. Campaign featured a solid campaign with the perfect blend of storytelling, combat and landscapes. The multiplayer is the best for the Halo franchise yet with all new playlists, weapons and maps. There is a much greater focus on customization, as you can modify almost all aspects of your character's armour. The firefight mode is great, with a lot of options you can change to fit your desire. Forge is also revamped and there is a lot more you can do with it. Bungie/343 is also a great company, as they still support this game a year later, and you can access multiplayer stats and a lot of information on their website. Overall, Reach is a must-own for shooter fans on the Xbox 360. Expand
  88. Nov 29, 2011
    Halo is far superior to it's competition, always introducing something new and always making sure the community has something to do months after it has been released with excellent story line (which nearly no other FPS game has), fun and fair multiplayer where everyone has just as much chance to win, firefight which is personally one of my favorite things included with this game. It evenHalo is far superior to it's competition, always introducing something new and always making sure the community has something to do months after it has been released with excellent story line (which nearly no other FPS game has), fun and fair multiplayer where everyone has just as much chance to win, firefight which is personally one of my favorite things included with this game. It even has split screen! If you just got a 360, then I'll recommend you get this game right now! Expand
  89. May 25, 2015
    Halo: Reach is a respectable effort for a developer weary with the franchise. Its only weakness is that the lore it has chosen to tie itself into limits the creativity that could've come from any new or innovative ideas. Wholly competent otherwise.
  90. Jan 5, 2012
    The gameplay is smooth and the story is what I expected, but I never really had a bond with the main character like I did with Master Chief, so that's the reason I docked 1. The multiplayer on the other hand is the best I have ever played. The variety of maps, game types, and general awesomeness is what makes it a great game.
  91. Dec 28, 2011
    This is the only FPS I'm not tired of. All the shooters have made me feel burnt out. For new innovative experiences I play many indie games. But this is the only game that has me coming back. The campaign takes 3rd place in the Halo series in my book, behind ODST and 2. The Forge is probably the best map editing/creating tool for consoles. It's simple and clean to use. The firefight isThis is the only FPS I'm not tired of. All the shooters have made me feel burnt out. For new innovative experiences I play many indie games. But this is the only game that has me coming back. The campaign takes 3rd place in the Halo series in my book, behind ODST and 2. The Forge is probably the best map editing/creating tool for consoles. It's simple and clean to use. The firefight is improved greatly from ODST. But what always had me coming back is the multiplayer. The thrill of owning someone who isn't as skilled as you is always satisfying. But that's what separates Halo from most shooters out there. This requires skill. Precision, timing, and choices are all factors in how you play. You can't just aim you gun, spray and hope you get a kill. This is indeed a worthy swan song to Bungie's time with one of the most beloved franchises in all of gaming. Expand
  92. Jan 6, 2012
    Reach is a game you just can't stop playing. The campaign is so much fun, especially playing in co-op with friends. Firefight is improved over Halo 3: ODST, and very exciting. Looking at multiplayer, it is filled with the best game modes in the franchise, great gameplay, and tons of different options. Definitely a game you could stay addicted to for months.
  93. May 27, 2012
    I'm a huge fan of the series, and bought this game on release. First impressions were good; the maps they shipped the game with were well designed and varied, although there were fewer than Halo 3 had shipped with. I had many hours of enjoyment, but I feel there are many issues with the game. I'm not a fan of bloom, for one. On release, all the people whining about bloom bothered me,but II'm a huge fan of the series, and bought this game on release. First impressions were good; the maps they shipped the game with were well designed and varied, although there were fewer than Halo 3 had shipped with. I had many hours of enjoyment, but I feel there are many issues with the game. I'm not a fan of bloom, for one. On release, all the people whining about bloom bothered me,but I can sort of sympathize with them now. Bloom adds a level of randomness not present in previous games; spamming can potentially yield the same result as taking well paced shots. While the title update greatly reduced bloom, I don't feel that's the perfect solution. The semi-auto DMR was kept in check by the bloom. The BR didn't need bloom due to the burst-fire nature of the weapon; unless you kept on-target for the duration of the burst, you wouldn't cause maximum damage, unlike the DMR.
    The campaign was good in terms of story, although I did miss playing as the Master Chief and it felt a little short. However, the sabre mission added a bit of variety.
  94. May 20, 2012
    One of the kings of multiplayer gaming. Very skill based still and I love it. This is balanced team multiplayer gameplay at its finest (Besides CSS and DoTA :) ) . The new maps are great as well as the enhanced graphics. Yes, even though it is sub HD I like the updated look. Great game, must buy if you think you are good at multiplayer. Campaign sucks **** though.
  95. Jan 18, 2012
    The main reason I enjoyed this particular Halo installment (and Halo:ODST) over any other Halo game (not including Halo Wars - eugh) is because of the lack of the Master Chief and Cortana. I detested the story of Halo 3 because both Master Chief and Cortana are so hilariously dull as main characters and ever so slightly embarrassing. Whenever Cortana's face would flash up on screen tellingThe main reason I enjoyed this particular Halo installment (and Halo:ODST) over any other Halo game (not including Halo Wars - eugh) is because of the lack of the Master Chief and Cortana. I detested the story of Halo 3 because both Master Chief and Cortana are so hilariously dull as main characters and ever so slightly embarrassing. Whenever Cortana's face would flash up on screen telling me how much she loved biscuits in the first level of Halo 3 I found myself cringing and hoping she'd vanish. My only problem with the Halo series has been the horridly cheesy story, with overly emotional choir music which worked very well with the first Halo game but is simply irritating in Halo 2 and 3. Halo as a series just takes itself far too seriously. Which isn't helped but the fan-base who do exactly the same. Luckily, Halo Reach rights many of the wrongs of Halo 3. The story is good and not steeped in tiresome Halo lore like Halo 3. A simple desperate struggle to evacuate a human colony from alien occupation ending in tragedy - which is so refreshing after previous installments in the series. Graphically this game is pretty good. Not pushing any boundaries, but everything looks smooth. Everything works well in Halo Reach and the inclusion of permanent jetpacks, cloaking devices etc really adds to the overall experience. Multiplayer is decent too and really quite addictive. Unfortunately Halo Reach doesn't really seem to aspire to do anything new. In fact I was glad to hear that 343 are taking the reigns of the series now. Hopefully they will inject something new and interesting into the Halo series. Expand
  96. Feb 14, 2012
    This game is so incredible, it is the best action game to ever be created. The graphics are incredible: seamless, vibrant, smooth, and detailed. The characters and enemies are well-done pieces of graphic, and the maps and terrain is incredible and stunning. What amazes me the most, however, is this game's story line, which is so good that I can not think of a word to describe it... let'sThis game is so incredible, it is the best action game to ever be created. The graphics are incredible: seamless, vibrant, smooth, and detailed. The characters and enemies are well-done pieces of graphic, and the maps and terrain is incredible and stunning. What amazes me the most, however, is this game's story line, which is so good that I can not think of a word to describe it... let's just say the most amazing story line of a video game EVER. It is a great prequel to the other games, continuing off of the idea that the Covenant wants to wipe out the humans because we conflict with their religion. The entire universe that is created in these games is so incredible, it could be a movie. The entire plot of thousands of years ago the Forerunners taking a few sentient species aboard the Halos, and then activating the Halos to wipe out all sentient life to wipe out the flood. Those sentient species including humans, elites, and other members of the covenant. The amazement is stunning. This is such an amazing video game, I just can't get over it. It really shouldn't be rated M. Expand
  97. Feb 24, 2012
    Possibly the best Halo to date. The campaign was decent, but the multi-player was where this game excelled. The addition of armor abilities really expanded the game play beyond "see giant colored man, shoot giant colored man." Now if only they'll remove the radar...
  98. Feb 26, 2012
    Halo: Reach is a great game! The story was thrilling, engaging, unique, and amazing! I liked the fresh and almost tactical feel I got from the game. It felt much more like a military shooter. However, this game didn't feel very much as "Halo-y" as I wish it was. The new armor abilities were cool at first, then became slightly annoying. Hologram sucks, and armor lock really pisses me off.Halo: Reach is a great game! The story was thrilling, engaging, unique, and amazing! I liked the fresh and almost tactical feel I got from the game. It felt much more like a military shooter. However, this game didn't feel very much as "Halo-y" as I wish it was. The new armor abilities were cool at first, then became slightly annoying. Hologram sucks, and armor lock really pisses me off. Both can be pretty useless sometimes, and in multiplayer straight up aggravating! The armor ability of Spring made me wonder WHY Bungie never gave us the ability to sprint in the first place. If you ask me, being a Spartan in the game, being able to sprint should be mandatory. I enjoyed jetpack, and thought this new addition to game change the usual flow of combat and gave the player new ventures in how to engage enemies in both campaign and multiplayer. Halo: Reach plays good, looks good, and sounds good. Graphics are nice, though nothing to applaud over. Sound effects and music are excellent! The game plays nearly flawless and the AI underwent improvements since Halo 3 and ODST. The Covenant look awesome, and feel more powerful and intimidating. The two space-combat levels was a great addition, and are extremely fun. Halo: Reach is a large-scale, global war and it feels that way while playing. Playing as a Spartan III in Halo: Reach was addicting, and this game is still one of my favorites. The characters were a bit shallow however, and their deaths didn't have much impact on me. Overall, Halo: Reach is a great game and I recommend it! Expand
  99. Mar 21, 2012
    This game isn´t bad at all, but is too short .
  100. Mar 20, 2012
    I will start this review by saying this is probbibly one of the greatest games ever! It has very hectic singleplayer. The multiplayer has a great amount of content. Excellent voice acting. This is a must buy for people who have Xbox360s. This is the greatest halo ever.

1. Jan 18, 2011
    If you loved all the other Halo games, there's little I can say to dissuade you from purchasing Bungie's last creation in the Halo series.
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Halo: Reach is not a breakthrough, yet it's a clear showcase of Bungie's creative growth. The game is hardly a "must buy" – its single-player campaign is way too short and uneven in quality, while multiplayer has very little room for expansion besides map packs and useless character decorations. But with that said, Reach is worthy of your attention for a couple of evenings.
  3. Games Master UK
    Dec 25, 2010
    Almost achieves the impossible and fulfills the hype. Among the best shooters ever created. [Issue#231, p.82]