7.2

1. Jan 1, 2013
    The game itself was great and enjoyable. I gave it a low score due to the ridiculous amount of multiplayer play time required to get all of the achievements. No one enjoys playing at least 18+ hours of multiplayer, assuming they're boosting, and far more if you earn the general achievement the "honest way". It is a cheap shot to get people to play a game more than they want to.
  2. Apr 22, 2012
    I expect better from such a well respected developer. Like I said in my review of Endwar, this game is a crappy wanna be of Starcraft, Command and Conquer and Dawn of War. It's not the fact that its on Xbox that I don't like it, it's the fact that is a bad game. Halo Wars and ODST have tarnished my love of Halo, and the game's bad AI, voice acting and story are what make a beloved franchise look bad. Can we rewind time, and make this game never be made? Expand

1. Though it's not a first-person shooter, Halo Wars packs all the Halo fixings you've come to expect: an engaging campaign, co-op play, engrossing multiplayer, efficient party-friendly matchmaking, hidden skulls, Legendary difficulty, and impeccable controls. We can confidently say that it's the foremost example of a real-time strategy game done right on a console. [Mar 2009, p.72]
  2. It’s a feeling that never quite dissipates over the game’s core 15 missions, a sense of lean and focused game design which prizes the exhilarating tussle of conflict over long, drawn-out army building. [Mar 2009, p.86]
  3. Halo Wars isn't perfect, but it's a huge step in the right direction for console RTS. For the first time in the sub-genre, I felt like I was playing a game instead of wrestling with a kludged-together control scheme. [Mar 2009, p.88]