5.2

1. Nov 18, 2010
    Fast paced and fun game to play. As a Harry Potter fan, it was cool to be a part of the final story. As Potter gets older, these games have definitely followed suit. Would have loved to explore the world more but overall this game has been a fun play. Sure hope they are making Part 2!
  2. Nov 18, 2010
    Action packed, and well paced! I am not a hard core gamer, so I did not mind that the fact that I could figure out the enemies. Some of my friends said that it was too easy and repetitive, but for me that is a good thing. We are pretty split on this one, but from my perspective I thought it was a blast. I am a HUGE Potter fan, and I enjoyed being immersed into this story. The stealth cloak parts of the game were my favorite. Very very sneaky! I tried using the cover function, but found that I wasn't very good at picking cover. Overall, If you are on the fence about this one, I would suggest giving it a try. Definitely entertaining, though it may not be the most polished game out there. Expand
  3. Nov 18, 2010
    Wanderful take on the traditional FPS game! Sorry, had to do it. Maybe I'm a sucker for all things HP but I've had a great time playing so far. Fast paced, strategic and very challenging if you want to top the leaderboards. Not as great as Arkham Asylum but a very fun experience.
  4. Nov 18, 2010
    My buddy picked this up yesterday and was a bit let down. I, on the other hand, am not that big of an HP geek to begin with but effing loved it! It's like an FPS game but jacked up on magic. I'm thinking about borrowing the game off of him and then forget giving it back ;)
  5. Nov 18, 2010
    I have all of these games and, of course, I had to have this one. Graphics are awesome - I love that the game parallels the more serious and dark tones of the movie. There are plenty of spells to experiment with, although some are more consistently handy than others. Altogether a great game - it is a definite progression in this series of games!
  6. Nov 26, 2010
    It sucks, just do yourself a favour and DO NOT buy this game and the only reason i gave this game a 3 is because of the decent Graphics. But thats it, i mean the control's are broken, the gameplay is boring and the Overall Experience is just dull and Bland!
  7. Nov 18, 2010
    A-W-E-S-O-M-E game - Have not stopped playing yet!! Can not wait to play this over the holidays with all my friends and family! It's the perfect game that everyone can play & have fun with.
  8. Nov 19, 2010
    "And the award for crappiest film tie-in of the year goes to...."
    Seriously, this game is awful.. counter-intuitive controls, frustrating game-play, and lack of any real structure make for a seriously lack-lustre performance. I wish that for once we could have a Harry Potter game which wasn't awful.
  9. Jan 15, 2011
    elmegy te egyben van .....................................................................................................................................................
  10. Dec 8, 2010
    Graphics very good , story not bad, characters good, but fighting with some kind of flyes and wizards getting boring and the best way to play is on easy level - to go further on faster- because if is not easy this game becoming frustrating (sorry for my bad english)
  11. Jan 9, 2011
    I just want to start off and say that, I have played all the the harry potter game releases, and this... by far is the worst one. I'm surprised they have even kept making them, most of them have had frustrating mechanics after the second game. But I felt I just had to write a review on this one to warn people. Anyways continuing, I might as well start off with the positives. The graphics are pretty cool, they make up for the lack of unique features in the game... somewhat. The game itself has frustrating mechanics, awful controls, very linear style of game-play, combat was boring and repetitive, and it was also way too easy. This game attempts the FPS genre and in my opinion, failed miserably. Do yourself a favor and buy a different FPS game instead. Final Rating: 34/100
    Consensus: Graphics are eye-candy but thats it....

If you want more reviews like this, sign up today at http://gamerspurgatory.darkbb.com , We have an awesome community where you can just chill, take part in contests, chat, play on online servers, and all sorts of other cool things. My username is the same there (DarkZX). Just request a review from me, I review video games, movies and music. Cya guys later
  12. Jul 7, 2011
    No, no I'm pleased... Indeed I am not. But it's not terrible like Dragon Age: Origins. I am not impressed with the angles, or the controls. Pretty good graphics on the plus side, but won't get past the BLAND GAMEPLAY OF TERROR. You probably shouldn't get it, but do it if you must. All I'm saying is that compared to the movie it's a peice of fried poop on a stick.
  13. Jan 8, 2012
    I saw previews of this game before it was out, It looked pretty cool. But once I finally got it and started playing it, I was incredibly disappointed and shocked at how bad this game is. Embarrassment to the Harry Potter franchise, don't need to go any further than that.
  14. Oct 13, 2011
    Harry potter and the half blood prince was a step up from order of the phoenix. My favourite harry potter games were the chamber of secrets, prisoner of Azkaban and the philosopher's stone. Although I wasn't expecting this game to be any better than those great games, I at least expected this to be a decent, fun title. The concept is a great idea: a 3rd person cover shooter. Unfortunately, the flaws outnumber the positives, making this the worst harry potter game..ever. Expand
  15. Mar 10, 2014
    This was the first bad game that I actually played and that's disappointing for me. The gameplay was just lame and repetitive and the kinect missions were just unresponsive and boring.
  16. Mar 20, 2014
    This game is just bad. There are sincerely no redeeming qualities I can think of in this unpolished, boring, poorly designed, and simply un-fun insult to the Harry Potter franchise.

The story, bad enough in itself, is broken up by tedious and/or outright broken side missions that are more of a chore than anything else.

Stupefy is the only useful spell and essentially the entire game
    will consist of you incessantly spamming it (90% of the games audio is, from a variety of characters and often simultaneously, "Stupefy! Stupefy! Stupefy! Stupefy! Stupefy!..."

When you're not in the boring first person shooter campaign missions that are hilariously easy, you're thrown into horrifically broken 3rd person stealth missions using the invisibility cloak. Particularly broken is the meter on the cloak that empties (rather quickly) with movement forcing you to stop and replenish it (ya, remember that in the movie/books?). But half the time your character will slightly drift along on its own accord causing the meter to keep depleting. That's just one of countless issues that make these 3rd person stealth missions tedious and extremely frustrating.

Finally, there's literally no polish to this game (overall environment, combat mechanics, etc.), particularly in terms of the characters themselves (that lip-syncing...)

Overall its a poorly, lazily designed game that's simply put not worth your money. I'm almost grateful you can beat this garbage in just a couple of hours.

1. Feb 18, 2011
    A magical menagerie of neat ideas, ruined by horrid execution. [Feb 2011, p.81]
  2. Jan 8, 2011
    This is one of Harry's adventures that may be worth dodging altogether, at least in gaming form. If the Kinect support is of interest, then certainly a rental is best advised, ultimately though the story is worth a single play through and sets itself up accordingly for Part 2 of the game.
    Trying something new with a series is usually to be applauded, but when a game like Deathly Hallows – Part 1 has been put together so badly that it's tough to find any kind of merit, you have to question what they were thinking. From the woeful story to the tacked on Kinect missions and challenges, this all feels like a money making exercise at work. Outsmart them and keep hold of your cash... and your sanity!