5.3

1. Nov 19, 2010
    "And the award for crappiest film tie-in of the year goes to...."
    Seriously, this game is awful.. counter-intuitive controls, frustrating game-play, and lack of any real structure make for a seriously lack-lustre performance. I wish that for once we could have a Harry Potter game which wasn't awful.
  2. Jan 9, 2011
    I just want to start off and say that, I have played all the the harry potter game releases, and this... by far is the worst one. I'm surprised they have even kept making them, most of them have had frustrating mechanics after the second game. But I felt I just had to write a review on this one to warn people. Anyways continuing, I might as well start off with the positives. The graphicsI just want to start off and say that, I have played all the the harry potter game releases, and this... by far is the worst one. I'm surprised they have even kept making them, most of them have had frustrating mechanics after the second game. But I felt I just had to write a review on this one to warn people. Anyways continuing, I might as well start off with the positives. The graphics are pretty cool, they make up for the lack of unique features in the game... somewhat. The game itself has frustrating mechanics, awful controls, very linear style of game-play, combat was boring and repetitive, and it was also way too easy. This game attempts the FPS genre and in my opinion, failed miserably. Do yourself a favor and buy a different FPS game instead. Final Rating: 34/100
    Consensus: Graphics are eye-candy but thats it....

If you want more reviews like this, sign up today at http://gamerspurgatory.darkbb.com , We have an awesome community where you can just chill, take part in contests, chat, play on online servers, and all sorts of other cool things. My username is the same there (DarkZX). Just request a review from me, I review video games, movies and music. Cya guys later
  3. Jul 7, 2011
    No, no I'm pleased... Indeed I am not. But it's not terrible like Dragon Age: Origins. I am not impressed with the angles, or the controls. Pretty good graphics on the plus side, but won't get past the BLAND GAMEPLAY OF TERROR. You probably shouldn't get it, but do it if you must. All I'm saying is that compared to the movie it's a peice of fried poop on a stick.
  4. Oct 13, 2011
    Harry potter and the half blood prince was a step up from order of the phoenix. My favourite harry potter games were the chamber of secrets, prisoner of Azkaban and the philosopher's stone. Although I wasn't expecting this game to be any better than those great games, I at least expected this to be a decent, fun title. The concept is a great idea: a 3rd person cover shooter. Unfortunately,Harry potter and the half blood prince was a step up from order of the phoenix. My favourite harry potter games were the chamber of secrets, prisoner of Azkaban and the philosopher's stone. Although I wasn't expecting this game to be any better than those great games, I at least expected this to be a decent, fun title. The concept is a great idea: a 3rd person cover shooter. Unfortunately, the flaws outnumber the positives, making this the worst harry potter game..ever. Expand
  5. Mar 10, 2014
    This was the first bad game that I actually played and that's disappointing for me. The gameplay was just lame and repetitive and the kinect missions were just unresponsive and boring.
  6. Mar 20, 2014
    This game is just bad. There are sincerely no redeeming qualities I can think of in this unpolished, boring, poorly designed, and simply un-fun insult to the Harry Potter franchise.

The story, bad enough in itself, is broken up by tedious and/or outright broken side missions that are more of a chore than anything else. Stupefy is the only useful spell and essentially the entire game

Stupefy is the only useful spell and essentially the entire game will consist of you incessantly spamming it (90% of the games audio is, from a variety of characters and often simultaneously, "Stupefy! Stupefy! Stupefy! Stupefy! Stupefy!..."

When you're not in the boring first person shooter campaign missions that are hilariously easy, you're thrown into horrifically broken 3rd person stealth missions using the invisibility cloak. Particularly broken is the meter on the cloak that empties (rather quickly) with movement forcing you to stop and replenish it (ya, remember that in the movie/books?). But half the time your character will slightly drift along on its own accord causing the meter to keep depleting. That's just one of countless issues that make these 3rd person stealth missions tedious and extremely frustrating.

Finally, there's literally no polish to this game (overall environment, combat mechanics, etc.), particularly in terms of the characters themselves (that lip-syncing...)

Overall its a poorly, lazily designed game that's simply put not worth your money. I'm almost grateful you can beat this garbage in just a couple of hours.
  7. Aug 16, 2014
    We've already had a bad Potter game in Goblet of Fire. (Check out my review) Now this franchise has been turned into a shooter, a bad one! The graphics are dull, the enemies are repetitive and the controls aren't well layed out. Harry Potter is just a mindless shooter now, which makes me sad. A good soundtrack, but sadly, there are no other redeeming qualities.

1. Feb 18, 2011
    A magical menagerie of neat ideas, ruined by horrid execution. [Feb 2011, p.81]
  2. Jan 8, 2011
    This is one of Harry's adventures that may be worth dodging altogether, at least in gaming form. If the Kinect support is of interest, then certainly a rental is best advised, ultimately though the story is worth a single play through and sets itself up accordingly for Part 2 of the game.
    Trying something new with a series is usually to be applauded, but when a game like Deathly Hallows – Part 1 has been put together so badly that it's tough to find any kind of merit, you have to question what they were thinking. From the woeful story to the tacked on Kinect missions and challenges, this all feels like a money making exercise at work. Outsmart them and keep hold of your cash... and your sanity!