4.9

1. Nov 18, 2010
    Fast paced and fun game to play. As a Harry Potter fan, it was cool to be a part of the final story. As Potter gets older, these games have definitely followed suit. Would have loved to explore the world more but overall this game has been a fun play. Sure hope they are making Part 2!
  2. Nov 18, 2010
    My buddy picked this up yesterday and was a bit let down. I, on the other hand, am not that big of an HP geek to begin with but effing loved it! It's like an FPS game but jacked up on magic. I'm thinking about borrowing the game off of him and then forget giving it back ;)
  3. Nov 18, 2010
    Action packed, and well paced! I am not a hard core gamer, so I did not mind that the fact that I could figure out the enemies. Some of my friends said that it was too easy and repetitive, but for me that is a good thing. We are pretty split on this one, but from my perspective I thought it was a blast. I am a HUGE Potter fan, and I enjoyed being immersed into this story. The stealth cloakAction packed, and well paced! I am not a hard core gamer, so I did not mind that the fact that I could figure out the enemies. Some of my friends said that it was too easy and repetitive, but for me that is a good thing. We are pretty split on this one, but from my perspective I thought it was a blast. I am a HUGE Potter fan, and I enjoyed being immersed into this story. The stealth cloak parts of the game were my favorite. Very very sneaky! I tried using the cover function, but found that I wasn't very good at picking cover. Overall, If you are on the fence about this one, I would suggest giving it a try. Definitely entertaining, though it may not be the most polished game out there. Expand
  4. Jan 8, 2012
    I saw previews of this game before it was out, It looked pretty cool. But once I finally got it and started playing it, I was incredibly disappointed and shocked at how bad this game is. Embarrassment to the Harry Potter franchise, don't need to go any further than that.

1. Feb 18, 2011
    A magical menagerie of neat ideas, ruined by horrid execution. [Feb 2011, p.81]
  2. Jan 8, 2011
    This is one of Harry's adventures that may be worth dodging altogether, at least in gaming form. If the Kinect support is of interest, then certainly a rental is best advised, ultimately though the story is worth a single play through and sets itself up accordingly for Part 2 of the game.
    Trying something new with a series is usually to be applauded, but when a game like Deathly Hallows – Part 1 has been put together so badly that it's tough to find any kind of merit, you have to question what they were thinking. From the woeful story to the tacked on Kinect missions and challenges, this all feels like a money making exercise at work. Outsmart them and keep hold of your cash... and your sanity!