6.0

1. Aug 22, 2014
    After a little bit of learning, this game is similar to xcom. The cool thing is you get to build your army and then play a scenario (like xcom) where you exchange turn based moves and firing. I was a bit disappointed though that after the first 1/2 to 12 scenarios, I went back to the beginning replaying the same scenarios and starting with only a couple of soldiers. The game is a lot ofAfter a little bit of learning, this game is similar to xcom. The cool thing is you get to build your army and then play a scenario (like xcom) where you exchange turn based moves and firing. I was a bit disappointed though that after the first 1/2 to 12 scenarios, I went back to the beginning replaying the same scenarios and starting with only a couple of soldiers. The game is a lot of fun and I would give it a 10 if only it were finished. I actually like this better than xcom. It's too bad I went through all the scenarios in a day (I'm glad I only paid a few bucks for it). I truly hope some developer picks up with this type of game and adds more scenarios and missions to it. For a couple of bucks, it's worth playing at least once. After you get used to the controller and stop fighting the way it moves, you can have a lot of (better than xcom) type of fun. One last thing, the game is very one-sided in your favor. But I liked this. It made it easier and funnier for me. Expand

1. Jun 9, 2013
    Everything about History: Legends of War feels like a game that should have been released five years ago. The graphics are dated, menu's are big and ugly, and the lack of a minimap make the end of every battle a chore. Only pick this game up if you are is desperate need for a tactical WWII game, and even if that's the case you should try to love science fiction and play XCOM: Enemy Unknown instead.
  2. May 30, 2013
    Make no mistake, 'functional' is the key word here. It is playable, not too much fun, though, and its tactics seem half-baked. Controls are serviceable but never really all that good. Enemy AI isn't up to much, never realizing the options the game presents it with. The game's biggest plus is how closely it sticks to actual history, meaning that you can actually learn a bit about this phase of war, if you should so desire. Also it doesn't hurt 'History' that, at least on 360, there's not that much competition.
  3. May 3, 2013
    This is a long, fun game, but its difficulty and monotony seriously hurt the offer. Fans of the genre may find it worth it, but we would recommend them to try it first.