7.0

1. Apr 17, 2014
    This game will live on as one of the great stealth games of our generation.
    Where do I begin?
    The graphics in this game are simply stunning. Every little detail is worked into it, be it the way 47 looks more human than ever, the fact that it could almost have been a movie. Yes, that's how good it is.
    The mechanics are just as great as classic Hitman games, only improved - although some
    find it a hindrance, I think that the addition of Instinct is great. It makes sense - another soldier would recognise an impostor. The control scheme has been adapted as to be less awkward than before, and the AI isn't stupid or paranoid.
    Another feature many will enjoy is that the game finally has a storyline - and a good one. 47 isn't an emotionless killer any more - he is a man with emotions. A human.
    All in all, Absolution is an amazing game. Definitely a great improvement over the last instalments.
    9/10.
  2. Jan 27, 2014
    After playing previous Hitmans and really loving them, i just couldn't get into this one as it didn't really feel like a Hitman game at all. It was very linear and more like a Splintercell game, then a Hitman game. I rate the previous games highly, but this one was really bad in many ways.
  3. Jan 8, 2014
    Hitman Blood Money is one of the slickest, smartest, and enjoyable games of all time.
    This game is unfortunately not a lot like blood money BUT is still a very fun game!
    If you go into this expecting and wanting blood money you will hate it. If you can get past all of that this is still a great game! I am on my second play through and am having a blast!!
  4. Jan 2, 2014
    Hitman Absolution. What a piece of crap.If you are expecting the gameplay to be killing targets in your own way, and finding a large amount of ways to complete the mission, then you may be disappointed to realise that this game is 90% running to the door at the end because the police got suspicious of you FOR LITERALLY NO REASON. You have about 2 targets to kill in the entire game, because the title may aswell be Babysitter: Absolution instead. The only main kill in this game is IO Interactive killing the Hitman franchise. I give it a 2 for the first mission, point shooting, and the fact that you can literally massacre a high street full of people and still get a high score. Just go play blood money. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2013
    besides of his terrible story hitman:absolution is a good game,i love how the levels where built but unfortunately i don't know if it's better than others hitmans because it's the only one i ever played.
  6. ERB
    Nov 15, 2013
    I like this game.This game is good because of It's story line game play graphics and more.This game is awesome so for all of you people trying to buy an awesome game, I recommend you people to buy this game now and try playing It.
  7. Nov 9, 2013
    First of all, I must say I'm a big fan of hitman series. I played hitman since Codename: 47, so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that this is an AMAZING adaptation of the hitman series to this generation. This is the best stealth game you will play. The gameplay has been improved to adapt it to the new generation consoles, and the controls work fine. The graphics look pretty good and music is good as well.
    If you have enjoyed hitman games you should give this one a try.
  8. Oct 15, 2013
    beautiful structured game with a huge variety of combat and awesome sequences 47 is a true badarse and this is a highly enjoyable game! a great range of weapons, cool and unique level design with lots of hidden areas and interesting ways to take down targets. add that together with a fanastic score and pretty graphics and you have a great game
  9. Oct 11, 2013
    Positives
    -Polished beautiful graphics
    -Good controls.
    -When stealth fails you can kill everybody.
    -Good characters, voices, and acting.
    -Leaves the door open for another Hitman game!
  10. Oct 2, 2013
    excellent game ...mature challenging. stealthy.. is fun i never played other hitman but this one is a good game overall highly recommend it for 1 player
  11. Sep 30, 2013
    This game is only half-baked. As a fan of part 2, 3, and Blood Money is a clear loss of quality. The levels are a joke un the control is improved.
    It's just no fun.
    One has the feeling that one does not find OpenWorld but only linear single Minilevel which consist of several sections.
    Why do you have only shown such great trailer and then something comes out?
  12. Sep 20, 2013
    Welcome to Hitman: Door Solution.
    The objective of the game is apparently just to get from point a) to point b).... THAT'S IT!
    Less then 20% of the game is assassinating targets. Disguises are also useless in this game, and most of your time in hard difficulty mode will be spent crouching and hiding...
    Not being able to choose your weapons at the start of every stage made the game feel
    Linear also.. Expand
  13. Sep 9, 2013
    [7.3] If this were an open world game, it would be incredible, but instead they settle for a Splinter Cell clone in which you can rarely use guns. The game is presented as one that offers several play styles, but it ultimately very linear, and instead making your own choices you have to figure out what choices to make. It is very satisfying to to knock someone unconscious and hide their body in a dumpster, but by the tenth level of doing that you get the point. The developers, like many other, limit themselves too much which is hopefully something that will end by the next generation of consoles. Expand
  14. Aug 11, 2013
    I loved Hitman 2 and couldn't wait to play Absolution. I have tried multiple times to get into this game and I have given up. The game is long and well-made and very visually appealing, it's just not that much fun to play and certainly not addicting, like any good game should be. The biggest flaw is that they've just made it too difficult to for you to sneak your way through and you end up resorting to just blowing people away. There are blatant inconsistencies when it comes to getting past guards, etc. One time you'll be wearing a certain disguise and walk right by him and the next time, wearing the same disguise, you get busted. Really a shame though it wasn't for a lack of effort. Expand
  15. Aug 10, 2013
    As a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone with some bugs and stupid broken A.I. But as a Hitman game it is very bad, the worst in the series in fact. They have taken everything that made Hitman so fun and special, threw it in the bin, then replaced it with a linear story driven action game. Playing through it was like watching a terrible B Movie, it was so bad i just had to keep watching/playing through. Expand
  16. Aug 6, 2013
    After playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you to explore and do as you wish. With Hitman Absolution the story forces you down narrow paths and small linear levels full of cutsences, hell even some of the hits turn into cutscenes which takes away the point and a huge part of the fun. I don't want a cutscene to take over and kill a target for me i want to do it myself. Not being able to select your own weapons before each level also takes a lot of the fun away. After play Hitman Contracts and Hitman Blood Money i was super excited for Hitman Absolution, but sadly it just didn't feel anything like a Hitman game. Expand
  17. Aug 5, 2013
    Once I finished this game, the only thing I could think to say was 'meh'. It just doesn't feel like a Hitman game at all, even less than Contracts. Whilst the graphics do trample all the other Hitman games, that's the only thing it does. The gameplay was changed so much that is was unrecognisable, and they might as well just had called it 'Assassin Game' because it was so different. It lost the feel of being able to hide in plain sight with everyone looking for you all the time, and because you were sneaking around all the time, it just got tiering. I like it when games make me work, but when you're constantly trying to evade everyone you see it just makes you want to give up. The story is scatty and without continuity, making the ICA seem like they're public knowledge; walking around with their name planted on everything and helicopters flying around letting everyone know that they're there. The mystery that was the ICA and everything about Hitman was ruined by this game, and whilst the production values were higher than any other Hitman game, they really just spent almost 10 years ruining the series. The Contracts mode on this game was limited, the maps were re-used and the fact every mission was in America just took away everything that made the Hitman games. Really disappointing. Expand
  18. Aug 3, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution feels like a three step forward in the Hitman series but at the same time a step back.

Hitman: Absolution is the 5th in the Hitman series of games where you can still kill your targets in many ways. It is still a stealth game like the old Hitman games but has a Splinter Cell Conviction feel to it with a new controls layout and two new mechanics called instinct and
    point shooting.

Point shooting which allows you to slow down time and tag multiple enemies kills them. This game is more story based then old Hitman with great voice acting and a dark sense of humour. The game has a Quentin Tarantino feel to it.

A new online mode in Hitman called contracts where the player can playthrough the small level and complete a contract, by tagging their targets and the way in which the targets is killed, and the disguise the players must use when killing a target.

You get more money the fast you kill your target, money which can be used to buy upgrades and more. When a contract is created by a player, they can put it online and have other players attempt to complete it and rank on online leaderboards based on how good they are. It really fun and challenging but I wish you could make your own levels.

The game does have some problems. The first problem is new take on the disguise system. In the old Hitman games if you had a disguise by killing someone or finding one, you could walk right pass an enemy. Now you have to use instinct where you can see through walls and see where enemy would walk too. You can turn off instinct but you can’t change the disguise system back to the old one

The second problem is the new horrible checkpoint system which respawns enemies and are few and far between each other. This is my biggest problem I have with the game and I wish I.O interactive would fix with a patch as the old Hitman games allowed you to save when and where you wanted to.

Because it’s a story based game it is a bit more linear where you don’t even need to kill anyone just walk to the end. There are some big open levels but not a lot.

The graphics are amazing, you can have 100 npcs on screen at once and it looks great.

Hitman: Absolution is a great but some of the decisions IO interactive made to the game not as open and the opposites that long-time fan like myself and others wanted. That being said the game is still super fun and worth it. It give is an 8.5 out of 10.
  19. Jul 14, 2013
    Amazing game and amazing graphics! Just phenomenal, and the kills are vicious and satisfying. If only more games were as thorough and well thought out like this. Not a boring overrated game like infinite!
  20. Jul 9, 2013
    This game is not and will not ever be Blood Money. Hitman: Blood Money is on a different level, and those who have given this game a bad review in comparison to Blood Money need to understand that. If you have not played the Hitman Series, I recommend you just go out and pick up a copy of either this game, or the Hitman HD Trilogy, and see if you are a fan. Personally, I started with Absolution, and it made Blood Money so much better once I played the lesser game first. I have a lot of pros for this game, the first being that it included a tutorial stage. Since every game anymore has highly varying controls, it is nice to not try and pick up a game for the first time and be stuck looking at a picture of your controller in the options menu just to figure out how to play. You always want to hop right in. This tutorial stage does just that. It sets up a level that is just like any other level, and teaches you the tactics of the game as you advance through it, then it lets you take over for the end. This game also has a very diverse gameplay. Although the tutorial makes it clear that the game is meant to be played with a stealthy 'kill only the target' approach, they also made the game able to be played in a 'Wreak havoc and kill everyone with a submachine gun, executing all the guards, in a Chipmunk outfit' way. A Chipmunk Outfit? Yes, a chipmunk outfit. This game has a variety of disguises you can use to walk around in to avoid being caught as the Hitman. Just a few are: A tuxedo, a doctor's getup, a chicken suit, a drug dealer, a chipmunk, and far, far more. It made this game very fun to play whenever you just want to screw around. You could pick up a bottle, dress as a chicken, and see how many guys you can kill with that bottle. Outside of that, this game has a fairly good plot, and moves at a nice pace, with 20 campaign levels that all have 3 missions inside of them. These missions all have separate components, giving you a lot of things to accomplish in a lot of different ways. Now, as far as the cons for this game go, the DLC for this game is not actually DLC. All they give you is the ability to pay real money to get guns and outfits inside of the game. It was disappointing when I wanted to continue the game by purchasing another mission or something, and being met with only a bunch of guns. Another downside is the responsiveness of the game. There are times where you want to do certain things, and the game mis-registers what you attempted, and that can be very frustrating. I call it a Classic Ezio, because in the original version of Assassin's Creed II, Ezio was very unresponsive and loved to jump off buildings when you were trying to climb them. Anyways, I digress. If you are looking for a game that matches any playstyle, and can captivate you for hours on end, try out Hitman: Absolution. Expand
  21. Jul 9, 2013
    I have to say that i am writing this as someone who has never played a hitman game before so i am sure that to the fans who are outraged my opinion will be something they disagree with. That said, i have to say the game was a blast, i thought the story was interesting, and the various ways of completing the missions was great. I have heard that you could customize your weapons prior to missions in other hitman games but i never felt like i had a lack of weapons. There are goons in the levels that usually carry a different weapon, shotgun, pistols, etc. You can also use environmental weapons, like a screw driver, to kill people and the game itself is very responsive. It has great graphics, good music, and overall i really enjoyed the game. Its gotten me interested enough to buy the hitman trilogy since i never experienced the older games, my opinion of absolution might change after that but for now i think its a good buy. Expand
  22. Jul 4, 2013
    Completato Hitman: Absolution come Professionista! 18 ore circa per un totale di 730G (40 obiettivi sbloccati su 46). Da amante del genere stealth/action in terza persona lo consiglio caldamente a chi ha apprezzato in particolare Splinter Cell Conviction al quale si avvicina molto sotto diversi punti di vista. Un titolo AAA per IO Interactive e sicuramente un gioco di qualità per questo 2013 pieno di uscite interessanti. Gameplay ormai collaudato da tempo e solidificato ulteriormente con qualche piccola aggiunta e una trama ben fatta anche se non particolarmente entusiasmante. Gli scenari offrono al giocatore molta libertà e diversi approcci per portare a termine l'obiettivo. Il multiplayer introduce una modalità coinvolgente ed appagante che terrà i giocatori incollati allo schermo per diverso tempo. Voto personale: 9+ Expand
  23. Jun 28, 2013
    I've created this account specifically to give Hitman: Absolution a ZERO. If you would like to know why just read any of the yellow and red reviews on this site. I'm not at all being childish. I feel obligated to go out of my way and give this the harshest score I can, and it makes me feel like I'm doing my part.

I feel the need to join all of these disappointed, loud, and saddened
    voices of the people who were utterly hurt by the turn and betrayal of a great franchise because this is as close as I can get to having the developers hear me or any of us.

Recently we saw enough middle fingers in the air to show how powerful a collective group of people could be. Microsoft backed down from imposing its ugly restrictions to the new gen because we universally laughed at them and threatened not to give them any money. It was great. It was cool to feel victory for the little guys for once.

I know I'm late to the party, but IO has their back to a corner, being forced to lay off 50% of their work force, not only making The Hitman their sole purpose now, but maybe their last hope as well. I don't know enough about whats going on with them, but I have to assume they are in a desperate situation, a bit like Microsoft was. What I'm saying is they seem like they barely have a leg to stand on and they are about to lose the money of an entire fan base because of what the Kane and Lynch team pulled when they took on reinventing The Hitman. This is the part where they had better start coming up with some bright ideas if they want to survive. No more frivolous spending on beautiful shallow graphics, not unless they give us the gameplay we want to boot. Did anyone else feel the soul of Hitman dying this time around? Or do most of you consider him dead already?

I said to myself "YES, I CAN FORGIVE THIS". To me personally, Hitman: Absolution, or Hitman: Conviction, etc, is 100% FORGIVABLE if they pick it back up and redeem themselves during their next performance. The numbers don't lie. They've p1$$ed off a large group of people and from what I've put together they already didnt fair well this time around. They were looking to make around 6mil, but instead sold 3.6mil according to what I've heard. Don't quote me. If they can pick it back up, and pull it off, it would completely change the way I look at Absolution.

Right now Absolution is looking like Yoko Ono, the one who killed The Beatles. Absolution is looking like Splinter Cell: Conviction, the Video Game that took everything the franchise was building up to, over some years of slow evolution, and completely disregarded it as if it was dysfunctional, obsolete, or unimportant. It almost seems like once you give a franchise your trust they make the 'Money Grab' and sell out hard because they know they have you in their pocket. Maybe thats rule 1 in their playbook. I don't know... NO... I'm just being cynical.

However if they were to redeem themselves, I could look back at Absolution and say "oh, yeah; that game was a great spin off" or that was a very flattering impersonation of the hitman games. Nice little side quest of the franchise if you want to play an origins type of story." Absolution to me is a gorgeous homage, an ode to the hitman series. It's like a good portrait or an outstanding caricature. For It very much is, but I'm long from calling it a part of the family just yet.

So maybe, with a stroke of luck, IO is done taking liberties, conducting experiments with the glacier 2 engine. As a show of goodwill it can be said that it's admirable that IO took a risk with their 6 year investment. Absolution gave us many good things that we otherwise may not have ended up with, but damage was done to The Hitmans good name and some bridges were burned down in the process. It is my hope that it might just be a blessing in disguise.

Now IO might be in a unique position since they are putting all of their chips on The Hitman franchise to carry them through the next gen. I think they are operating from a position of necessity and survival. I think IO is desperate and in a pickle Because THEY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE, but to make a very specific Hitman. One that is a link between the old games and ABSOLUTION. I'm happy to feel that THEY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE. They MUST make a product that pleases both the original fans and the new recruits or else they will go under. It doesnt have to be a Michael Angelo, but one we can stand by. lol they wont survive another Absolution.
    Maybe you could say they were so proud of their amazing Glacier 2 engine that they felt bullet proof and got arrogant just like Microsoft did. In the end they were forced into an epic down size. So now would be one of the best times to start slamming forums with demands and expectations, giving more user reviews of what went right and wrong, and throwing around words like "boycott". It would be great if we were loud enough for them to hear exactly what we want. Micrsoft did.
  24. May 28, 2013
    The graphics in this game are amazingly gorgeous! One of the best looking games Iv'e ever played since BF3 (even better than BF3) and has what Hitman is known best for: stealth! Story is good, but not original, however that's the only negative here. Buy this game NOW!!!
  25. May 10, 2013
    The Hitman series is well known for its diversity and choice in the way you play it, the new title, Absolution, stays true to the series and its mechanics but strays away from the original story. The mechanics are simple and easy to use, each mission you have your tools of assassination, you have your targets and map, the map is filled with different ways to eliminate your target and each target has a connection to the main story and the plot. You don't have to kill anyone else, in fact you are rewarded for leaving people alive and and only killing your specific target without arousing suspicion. The game as I said, is very simple. Environments can tend to be very linear but most are diverse and your have freedom to explore each in different ways. The graphics are very good and the motion capture ensures that you can see every emotion of every character and adds to the effect of the game. The story seems very off course for a Hitman title and throughout I wasn't entirely sure why it existed, personally, alongside many other fans, I would have preferred it stayed to true to the former Hitman games and each mission was a separate assignment effectively. Although the story does seem out of place it doesn't take anything away from the game at all really. So overall, the game is truly a diverse one, it stays true to former titles but adds new exciting features and doesn't disappoint. For this I give it an 8 out of 10. Expand
  26. May 3, 2013
    This should of been called Splintercell Conviction 2 rather than Hitman Absolution. The game adds many new things (or should i say steals things from Splintercell Conviction, Batman and other games) and then takes away lots of old things that made Hitman so much fun. I found myself bored playing through the small linear Splintercell type levels eager to get to the open sandbox Hitman levels, as these are what i've waited 5 or 6 years for. There is really only 2 sandbox levels that even remotely resemble a Hitman game, then those are much smaller than previous games and very watered down. Because you cannot select your own weapons before each level it takes quite a bit of fun out of the sandbox levels. For instance, when i was playing a level called 'A New Hope' i constantly kept thinking to myself "Man if i could choose my own weapons i could of killed the target in so many more ways" One of the targets enters a small room above a shop, you have the option to switch on the gas cooker and ignite the gas with a bullet causing an explosion, problem is you can only really do this by standing in the room with the target and because the room is so small you have to be carefull not to blow yourself up too. If you had the option to choose your own weapons i could of chosen the silent sniper rifle and case, switched on the gas then gone and walked across the street and stood on a balcony of a car garage, unpacked the rifle when nobody was around, waited for the target to stand near the open window, then shot the gas cooker behind him and blew him up from across the street. If this level was in Hitman Blood Money you would of been able to do this and much more, but in Absolution you can't. Instead you have to kill people the way IO Interactive want you to. There are a still a fair few ways to kill the targets but they are much more choreographed and staged this time around. Many ways to kill targets are recycled through the levels too, you can walk up to an electric genorator, attach the wire to something metal then sit and wait for the target to pee on it, when the targets peeing on it you pull the lever and wach them get an electric shock. Or you can shoot a pallet full of heavy stuff so its drops on the target, everything just feels much more staged and forced. Theres a level set in China town on Chinese New Year, i instantly thought of 'Murder of the Crows' from Hitman Blood Money, accept this level is so small and you can't enter buildiings and don't have any silenced weapons on this level, i found myself longing for more to explore and to be able to take people down with my silenced silver baller guns, or find new paths i never knew existed for years like in Murder of the Crows. Years before the game released there was a lot of talk about the new 'Instinct' feature that was stolen from Batman, i thought it would destroy the game but i've ended up using it quite a bit to see where my targets are, although the problem i have with it is it not only shows you where targets are in the map but it also highlights everything in the world you can kill these targets with, so it kinda spoils it a bit, one of the great things about Hitman Blood Money is that your not told what to do so your still discovering new ways to kill targets years later. (I've been playing Blood Money for 5 or 6 years and found a new way to kill a target the other day) plus in Blood Money you can break the rules and kill people your way and not the way IO Interactive want you too. I recently discovered that Hitman Absolution was made by the makers of the Kane & Lynch franchise as the makers of Hitman left IO Interactive in 2008, this would explain a lot of why the game i'snt much like a Hitman game and is more story over gameplay rather than gameplay over story like previous Hitmans, they missed the point of what makes Hitman great. So all your Splintercell Conviction fans out there will probably love this game, but all you Hitman fans probably won't. Reinventing Hitman was a huge mistake as Hitman was a franchise that didn't need reinventing. Now we have Splintercell Absolution and yet another Splintercell game coming out in early 2013 Splintercell fans have a lot to be happy about, but what do us Hitman fans have?. nothing because there is nothing else like Hitman! This is exactly why Hitman didn't need reinventing.We will have to go back to replaying the old Hitman games Expand
  27. May 2, 2013
    Overall this is a pretty decent game. Unfortunately the last game in the series (Blood Money) was as close to perfect as you can get. All they had to do was make a game exactly like Blood Money and this game would have been a 10/10 but unfortunately they decided to completely break the stealth aspect in favor of run and gun style play in an attempt to appeal to a wider audience. Make no mistake the stealth is completely broken in this game, it come down to luck much of the time. If you want to run and gun through this then by all means pick it up and you'll love it but if you're looking for a stealth game then do yourself a favor and go buy an old copy of Blood Money and you'll be playing a game that is leaps and bounds better. Expand
  28. Apr 29, 2013
    This is a game i rented from the video store and didn't expect much.But after playing the story mode with fun combat and stealth and the contracts mode,it turns out to be amazing.
  29. Apr 25, 2013
    I might've been one of you who dislikes this game. I'm a big fan of the old series and still think they're a great concept that needs better execution. I was slightly disappointed with the action-oriented, linear route Absolution takes. But I can't dislike this game. I luvs it. It's not Blood Money 2 and once you get around that, it's a great game that tries to do a lot and does most of it right.

The graphics are pretty, especially for console standards this is quite a looker. If you're bored of brown/grey shooters, Absolution presents you with a refreshing array of environments, both indoors and outdoors taking you from a gothic interpretation of a modern American city to a quaint desert oil town. It's all wonderfully cliched, pulpy and over the top and nicely done. Most of all the story never really gets in the way. Cutscenes don't overstay their welcome and the script never reaches for dramatic heights it can't reach. The level of design and detail in the environment makes it feel like you are visiting proper places and not just levels in a game. There's a lot of ambience altough this sometimes translates into a pretty heavy handed bloom-implementation that makes it seem like 47's skull actually gives off light. In other areas it's used to quite beautiful effect.

Controls also see an upgrade and feel tight and responsive. You're always in control of Hitman's actions and reactions and it all works right. It can even be played as a very competent and entertaining third person shooter if you want, altough you'll miss most of the fun.

It looks great, plays great and it's not a run-of-the-mill commando-shooter. In fact, the game is at it's best when you don't shoot anyone. It becomes a giant moving puzzler. This is finally a proper stealth game, where you can ghost your way through all the levels (often in multiple ways!). There are always multiple approaches and the environments are littered with deadly tools and potential death traps. All you need to do is go in and get creative.

People lament that the old brainyness of Hitman is gone, and that's true in a way. But that was also the old games' point of frustration. If your plan went wrong, all you could do was start again. Absolution achieves something quite remarkable in throwing that old template away. This is the first stealth game I've played where no matter what goes wrong, you can keep playing. Once enemies are aware of you, the cat and mouse that ensues is a lot of fun and there are a million and one ways to lure, subdue and kill your enemies.

The game rewards and actively encourages experimentation and multiple plays with a smart unlockable system. So really, once you get past the fact it's not Blood Money 2, it's a great game. The story attempts to be a Rodriguez style grindhouse affair and doesn't really succeed, but who cares... it entertained me more than the grumpy faced, let's save the universe wannabe grimy and intelligent pulp most games have. It's all trash, Hitman at least admits it. In this world, everybody is a perv..so a hitsquad of latex clad nuns makes perfect sense. The story never gets in the way, it just serves the purpose of taking you from location to location, and Absolution offers great variety here to the point that when you do get to the inevitable industrial area/mine shaft/factory environment all other games have, it's almost a welcome distraction... almost.

It's not perfect. It's cheesy in places, the characters are hard to like. It's also not the game hardcore Hitman fans expect and even I would still love to see a hardcore open-level stealth game like Contract return to consoles. But IO also isn't the biggest studio and they need to turn a profit, so some concession would have to be made. I'd say they made them very elegantly and if you take all the fan-sentiment out of the picture, they delivered a highly enjoyable, smart, colourful and beautiful game. The polished exterior hides a great stealth 'em up that not only accommodates a staggering variety of playstyles, but lets you switch between them on the move.

If you're passing up on this one because some old fans are angry it's not the game they wanted, you may be missing out. In terms of just the amount of fun I've had, this is my best game of 2012
  30. Apr 16, 2013
    I loved playing this game, from start to finish I was entertained. They've made this game more playable for the casuals but still appeals to the hardcore hitman fans. Lots of playability and is in my top three next to walking dead and farcry 3 for 2012 game of the year.
  31. Dec 13, 2012
    The best Hitman title since Silent Assassin. It's always hard to see a great work receive negative comments due to the respondents being of a limited mindset. Hitman Absolution offers a vivid, creative and highly enjoyable experience which I am very glad to have had. Despite a few easily patchable problems with enemies re-spawning where they shouldn't after a stuff up and reload, the game-play is consistently varied and engaging. The title does not compensate for the player's incompetence, and that's exactly why it has received some negativity: people get upset when they can't have their health regenerate or reload their save from a second before they last screwed everything up. Hitman Absolution is a true Hitman game and not a modern-day hand-holding five hour jaunt like most releases of recent years. Absolution is at very least the second best game in the franchise, and anyone who says differently is kidding themselves. Collapse

1. Mar 6, 2013
    Ultimately, Hitman: Absolution marks a faithful, gorgeous and only occasionally maddening return for a series that’s been gone far too long. It may have trouble finding fans among twitchy gamers with short attention spans, but guns and brains should never be mutually exclusive. And those kids can get off my damn lawn.
  2. Dec 21, 2012
    Absolution is a fantastic addition to a series that defined a genre last generation, and I can't wait to see what they come up with for our favorite bald assassin moving forward.
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    A meticulous, engaging game and accomplished sequel that improves upon its predecessors in an organic way series fans will appreciate. [Jan 2013, p.55]