Hitman: Absolution Xbox 360

7.1

1. Apr 13, 2013
    The new Hitman game has been waiting for 6 years and finally released! Fortunately, I was not disappointed (we). Bring your gaming to the old Hitman level, can not easily be put down, so good. Only one bad thing in the game. The enemies are easy to spot because you killed a man For example, get changed clothes and we put in a box and go to the next target, you noticed. I do not understandThe new Hitman game has been waiting for 6 years and finally released! Fortunately, I was not disappointed (we). Bring your gaming to the old Hitman level, can not easily be put down, so good. Only one bad thing in the game. The enemies are easy to spot because you killed a man For example, get changed clothes and we put in a box and go to the next target, you noticed. I do not understand why. But this is a great game but not a game of the year, I think the fourth is placed before him, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3, and Sleeping Dogs. Expand
  2. Feb 21, 2013
    The "Original Assassin" returns amid all the recent stealth games released, and hides them all in a closet. Agent 47s campaign is a Story-driven one. A more personal assignment, he loses his Agency weapons and gadgets, (Which is disappointing) but he makes up for this with improvised weapons and tactics. A master of poison, accidents, misfortune, firearms, CQC and technology 47 hasThe "Original Assassin" returns amid all the recent stealth games released, and hides them all in a closet. Agent 47s campaign is a Story-driven one. A more personal assignment, he loses his Agency weapons and gadgets, (Which is disappointing) but he makes up for this with improvised weapons and tactics. A master of poison, accidents, misfortune, firearms, CQC and technology 47 has numerous ways to neutralize his targets. The graphics engine is stunning, with lighting previously restricted to high end PCs, brought to consoles. Characters added are...mixed. Only a couple have any real interest, most are stereotypes, or dirty in personality. Speaking of which this game has quite a few sex jokes, scenarios, and out of place moments. 47 has a new ability "Instinct", which is a huge help, but if you're a fan of difficulty don't worry. The harder settings only allow a few seconds of it, with little to no help. They've added a new gameplay mode, "Contracts" which allows people to make their own missions and share them to others. Though this mode uses the story-missions, and is rather limited. This is a more modest Hitman game, with an easier point of entry for players new to the series. Slow gameplay, meticulous study and eavesdropping are core to this game. If that deters you, look elsewhere. Expand
  3. Feb 26, 2013
    Good story but forces you into stealth situations instead of choosing your own way to play if you want a high score. Stealth isn't that great for a stealth game.
  4. Mar 6, 2013
    I pre-ordered Abomination as soon as i was able. I have never regretted buying a game, until now..
    They raped all the good aspects of Blood Money until a mediocre piece of was left.

If you like interactive-story-telling this might be the game for you (Buy Telltale's The walking Dead instead). If you like sandbox games and making your own fun, leave this game at the store and RUN! DON'T LOOK BACK.

The only satisfaction you will get from this game, is if you kill yourself with it.
  5. Mar 14, 2013
    I hated the fact that the security guards and everyone got suspicious of everyone, like they knew everyone or had every idea of a Hitman lurking among them. I love the action, the stealth, but it made no since of how I couldn't move 3 feet without someone getting suspicious of me. Just let me move around and have the AI more unaware. Challenging though...
  6. Jul 14, 2013
    Amazing game and amazing graphics! Just phenomenal, and the kills are vicious and satisfying. If only more games were as thorough and well thought out like this. Not a boring overrated game like infinite!
  7. Mar 12, 2013
    Silent, gritty, dark and funny. IO Interactive have hit the nail on the head, with this great stealth/shooter, although the formula has changed in some way which may alienate some fans, but those who have been there from the beginning like us and many alike, will know this was the best direction for the series to go. With the same stealth mechanics from blood money with a few missing thisSilent, gritty, dark and funny. IO Interactive have hit the nail on the head, with this great stealth/shooter, although the formula has changed in some way which may alienate some fans, but those who have been there from the beginning like us and many alike, will know this was the best direction for the series to go. With the same stealth mechanics from blood money with a few missing this is still 'One of the best!' stealth games we will see in this lifetime with great attention to detail. Agent 47 is back with a vengeance Expand
  8. Apr 16, 2013
    I loved playing this game, from start to finish I was entertained. They've made this game more playable for the casuals but still appeals to the hardcore hitman fans. Lots of playability and is in my top three next to walking dead and farcry 3 for 2012 game of the year.
  9. Apr 15, 2013
    A poor addition to the Hitman franchise. Hitman was a series that didn't need changing, it was as if IO Interactive have never heard of the old saying "If it's not broke don't fix it" Everything that made Hitman so great and unique has been removed and replaced with material copied from other gaming franchises. As a result Hitman Absolution is very similar to Splintercell Conviction ratherA poor addition to the Hitman franchise. Hitman was a series that didn't need changing, it was as if IO Interactive have never heard of the old saying "If it's not broke don't fix it" Everything that made Hitman so great and unique has been removed and replaced with material copied from other gaming franchises. As a result Hitman Absolution is very similar to Splintercell Conviction rather than a Hitman game. The big open sandbox levels have been replaced with heavily scripted linear levels so it can tell a story. Previous Hitmans were all about gameplay, Absolution is more about a story. The story was like it was written by Steve Stiffler from the American Pie films, very childish sick gross out trying to be edgy but fails. In my opinion games should always be about gameplay, if i want a story i'll watch a DVD or go to the cinema. The less i say about the broken AI the better. Expand
  10. Apr 15, 2013
    I'm still playing Hitman Blood Money 7yrs on, every level is such a joy to replay through again and again. Unfortunately the same can't be said about Hitman Absolution. It's not like a Hitman game and the levels are very linear story driven trash that aren't even worth a second play through. AVOID this game, rent it or buy it second hand, don't waste your money. Hitman Blood Money is aI'm still playing Hitman Blood Money 7yrs on, every level is such a joy to replay through again and again. Unfortunately the same can't be said about Hitman Absolution. It's not like a Hitman game and the levels are very linear story driven trash that aren't even worth a second play through. AVOID this game, rent it or buy it second hand, don't waste your money. Hitman Blood Money is a masterpiece, Absolution is a total disaster that has killed a once great franchise. Expand
  11. Oct 2, 2013
    excellent game ...mature challenging. stealthy.. is fun i never played other hitman but this one is a good game overall highly recommend it for 1 player
  12. Apr 29, 2013
    This is a game i rented from the video store and didn't expect much.But after playing the story mode with fun combat and stealth and the contracts mode,it turns out to be amazing.
  13. ERB
    Nov 15, 2013
    I like this game.This game is good because of It's story line game play graphics and more.This game is awesome so for all of you people trying to buy an awesome game, I recommend you people to buy this game now and try playing It.
  14. May 10, 2013
    The Hitman series is well known for its diversity and choice in the way you play it, the new title, Absolution, stays true to the series and its mechanics but strays away from the original story. The mechanics are simple and easy to use, each mission you have your tools of assassination, you have your targets and map, the map is filled with different ways to eliminate your target and eachThe Hitman series is well known for its diversity and choice in the way you play it, the new title, Absolution, stays true to the series and its mechanics but strays away from the original story. The mechanics are simple and easy to use, each mission you have your tools of assassination, you have your targets and map, the map is filled with different ways to eliminate your target and each target has a connection to the main story and the plot. You don't have to kill anyone else, in fact you are rewarded for leaving people alive and and only killing your specific target without arousing suspicion. The game as I said, is very simple. Environments can tend to be very linear but most are diverse and your have freedom to explore each in different ways. The graphics are very good and the motion capture ensures that you can see every emotion of every character and adds to the effect of the game. The story seems very off course for a Hitman title and throughout I wasn't entirely sure why it existed, personally, alongside many other fans, I would have preferred it stayed to true to the former Hitman games and each mission was a separate assignment effectively. Although the story does seem out of place it doesn't take anything away from the game at all really. So overall, the game is truly a diverse one, it stays true to former titles but adds new exciting features and doesn't disappoint. For this I give it an 8 out of 10. Expand
  15. Apr 20, 2014
    I have to say that I have played the older Hitman games and they are awesome! Unfortunately I was not very good at them because they are truly challenging stealth games. I got Absolution and loved that you could kinda tone down the difficulty initially and work your way up the ladder. I played through and have gotten used to the game layout. Hitman truly is an art...dropping a chandelierI have to say that I have played the older Hitman games and they are awesome! Unfortunately I was not very good at them because they are truly challenging stealth games. I got Absolution and loved that you could kinda tone down the difficulty initially and work your way up the ladder. I played through and have gotten used to the game layout. Hitman truly is an art...dropping a chandelier on an unsuspecting foe at just the right time, garroting someone and then donning their clothes to walk among them, all make this game great. I have replayed it countless times and am currently working through all the challenges which I love. I think the challenges give this game so much depth and replay value.

The story I found good as well and I enjoyed the environments presented in the game. I admit it is tough to sneak around and the instinct isn't always as helpful as it could be. For example: When walking by a shotgun 47 has a thought "that would draw a lot of attention"...I'm like yeah kidding.

I found that the game does kind of push you to eliminate guards and there is always usually a convenient dumpster nearby haha.

Also, the sniper challenge DLC is a fun little game, where you basically snipe things and make events occur which are fun to watch.

Overall, I have to say I love this game. It is gorgeous graphically, the music sets a great tone, and offers great replay value with multiple methods to kill targets. I've been playing this game for months literally on and off and am still finding new paths within levels. Definitely worth a purchase for any gamer in my opinion.
  16. May 28, 2013
    The graphics in this game are amazingly gorgeous! One of the best looking games Iv'e ever played since BF3 (even better than BF3) and has what Hitman is known best for: stealth! Story is good, but not original, however that's the only negative here. Buy this game NOW!!!
  17. Dec 7, 2014
    Endless possibilities. You have free flowing freedom within beautifully designed environments throughout the whole game. This freedom enables you to create your own fun, I mean who doesn't love assassinating somebody in 11 different ways? The story of Agent 47 is also quite fun to progress through. A few irritating AI flaws as well as weak multiplayer hold it back a bit, but AbsolutionEndless possibilities. You have free flowing freedom within beautifully designed environments throughout the whole game. This freedom enables you to create your own fun, I mean who doesn't love assassinating somebody in 11 different ways? The story of Agent 47 is also quite fun to progress through. A few irritating AI flaws as well as weak multiplayer hold it back a bit, but Absolution should be remembered as one of this generations most fun, free and awesome single player experiences. Expand
  18. Sep 30, 2013
    This game is only half-baked. As a fan of part 2, 3, and Blood Money is a clear loss of quality. The levels are a joke un the control is improved.
    It's just no fun.
    One has the feeling that one does not find OpenWorld but only linear single Minilevel which consist of several sections.
    Why do you have only shown such great trailer and then something comes out?
  19. Jan 8, 2014
    Hitman Blood Money is one of the slickest, smartest, and enjoyable games of all time.
    This game is unfortunately not a lot like blood money BUT is still a very fun game!
    If you go into this expecting and wanting blood money you will hate it. If you can get past all of that this is still a great game! I am on my second play through and am having a blast!!
  20. May 11, 2014
    Generic piece a garbage. Everything good about a videogame is not found in Hitman Absolution. Just skip it and go buy mass effect 3. Mas effect 3 is the best game of the year 10/10. This game how ever is 0/10
    but I'll give it 1 point because its so ****
  21. Jun 28, 2013
    I've created this account specifically to give Hitman: Absolution a ZERO. If you would like to know why just read any of the yellow and red reviews on this site. I'm not at all being childish. I feel obligated to go out of my way and give this the harshest score I can, and it makes me feel like I'm doing my part.

I feel the need to join all of these disappointed, loud, and saddened

I feel the need to join all of these disappointed, loud, and saddened voices of the people who were utterly hurt by the turn and betrayal of a great franchise because this is as close as I can get to having the developers hear me or any of us.

Recently we saw enough middle fingers in the air to show how powerful a collective group of people could be. Microsoft backed down from imposing its ugly restrictions to the new gen because we universally laughed at them and threatened not to give them any money. It was great. It was cool to feel victory for the little guys for once.

I know I'm late to the party, but IO has their back to a corner, being forced to lay off 50% of their work force, not only making The Hitman their sole purpose now, but maybe their last hope as well. I don't know enough about whats going on with them, but I have to assume they are in a desperate situation, a bit like Microsoft was. What I'm saying is they seem like they barely have a leg to stand on and they are about to lose the money of an entire fan base because of what the Kane and Lynch team pulled when they took on reinventing The Hitman. This is the part where they had better start coming up with some bright ideas if they want to survive. No more frivolous spending on beautiful shallow graphics, not unless they give us the gameplay we want to boot. Did anyone else feel the soul of Hitman dying this time around? Or do most of you consider him dead already?

I said to myself "YES, I CAN FORGIVE THIS". To me personally, Hitman: Absolution, or Hitman: Conviction, etc, is 100% FORGIVABLE if they pick it back up and redeem themselves during their next performance. The numbers don't lie. They've p1$$ed off a large group of people and from what I've put together they already didnt fair well this time around. They were looking to make around 6mil, but instead sold 3.6mil according to what I've heard. Don't quote me. If they can pick it back up, and pull it off, it would completely change the way I look at Absolution.

Right now Absolution is looking like Yoko Ono, the one who killed The Beatles. Absolution is looking like Splinter Cell: Conviction, the Video Game that took everything the franchise was building up to, over some years of slow evolution, and completely disregarded it as if it was dysfunctional, obsolete, or unimportant. It almost seems like once you give a franchise your trust they make the 'Money Grab' and sell out hard because they know they have you in their pocket. Maybe thats rule 1 in their playbook. I don't know... NO... I'm just being cynical.

However if they were to redeem themselves, I could look back at Absolution and say "oh, yeah; that game was a great spin off" or that was a very flattering impersonation of the hitman games. Nice little side quest of the franchise if you want to play an origins type of story." Absolution to me is a gorgeous homage, an ode to the hitman series. It's like a good portrait or an outstanding caricature. For It very much is, but I'm long from calling it a part of the family just yet.

So maybe, with a stroke of luck, IO is done taking liberties, conducting experiments with the glacier 2 engine. As a show of goodwill it can be said that it's admirable that IO took a risk with their 6 year investment. Absolution gave us many good things that we otherwise may not have ended up with, but damage was done to The Hitmans good name and some bridges were burned down in the process. It is my hope that it might just be a blessing in disguise.

Now IO might be in a unique position since they are putting all of their chips on The Hitman franchise to carry them through the next gen. I think they are operating from a position of necessity and survival. I think IO is desperate and in a pickle Because THEY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE, but to make a very specific Hitman. One that is a link between the old games and ABSOLUTION. I'm happy to feel that THEY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE. They MUST make a product that pleases both the original fans and the new recruits or else they will go under. It doesnt have to be a Michael Angelo, but one we can stand by. lol they wont survive another Absolution.
    Maybe you could say they were so proud of their amazing Glacier 2 engine that they felt bullet proof and got arrogant just like Microsoft did. In the end they were forced into an epic down size. So now would be one of the best times to start slamming forums with demands and expectations, giving more user reviews of what went right and wrong, and throwing around words like "boycott". It would be great if we were loud enough for them to hear exactly what we want. Micrsoft did.
  22. Jul 4, 2013
    Completato Hitman: Absolution come Professionista! 18 ore circa per un totale di 730G (40 obiettivi sbloccati su 46). Da amante del genere stealth/action in terza persona lo consiglio caldamente a chi ha apprezzato in particolare Splinter Cell Conviction al quale si avvicina molto sotto diversi punti di vista. Un titolo AAA per IO Interactive e sicuramente un gioco di qualità per questoCompletato Hitman: Absolution come Professionista! 18 ore circa per un totale di 730G (40 obiettivi sbloccati su 46). Da amante del genere stealth/action in terza persona lo consiglio caldamente a chi ha apprezzato in particolare Splinter Cell Conviction al quale si avvicina molto sotto diversi punti di vista. Un titolo AAA per IO Interactive e sicuramente un gioco di qualità per questo 2013 pieno di uscite interessanti. Gameplay ormai collaudato da tempo e solidificato ulteriormente con qualche piccola aggiunta e una trama ben fatta anche se non particolarmente entusiasmante. Gli scenari offrono al giocatore molta libertà e diversi approcci per portare a termine l'obiettivo. Il multiplayer introduce una modalità coinvolgente ed appagante che terrà i giocatori incollati allo schermo per diverso tempo. Voto personale: 9+ Expand
  23. Jul 9, 2013
    This game is not and will not ever be Blood Money. Hitman: Blood Money is on a different level, and those who have given this game a bad review in comparison to Blood Money need to understand that. If you have not played the Hitman Series, I recommend you just go out and pick up a copy of either this game, or the Hitman HD Trilogy, and see if you are a fan. Personally, I started withThis game is not and will not ever be Blood Money. Hitman: Blood Money is on a different level, and those who have given this game a bad review in comparison to Blood Money need to understand that. If you have not played the Hitman Series, I recommend you just go out and pick up a copy of either this game, or the Hitman HD Trilogy, and see if you are a fan. Personally, I started with Absolution, and it made Blood Money so much better once I played the lesser game first. I have a lot of pros for this game, the first being that it included a tutorial stage. Since every game anymore has highly varying controls, it is nice to not try and pick up a game for the first time and be stuck looking at a picture of your controller in the options menu just to figure out how to play. You always want to hop right in. This tutorial stage does just that. It sets up a level that is just like any other level, and teaches you the tactics of the game as you advance through it, then it lets you take over for the end. This game also has a very diverse gameplay. Although the tutorial makes it clear that the game is meant to be played with a stealthy 'kill only the target' approach, they also made the game able to be played in a 'Wreak havoc and kill everyone with a submachine gun, executing all the guards, in a Chipmunk outfit' way. A Chipmunk Outfit? Yes, a chipmunk outfit. This game has a variety of disguises you can use to walk around in to avoid being caught as the Hitman. Just a few are: A tuxedo, a doctor's getup, a chicken suit, a drug dealer, a chipmunk, and far, far more. It made this game very fun to play whenever you just want to screw around. You could pick up a bottle, dress as a chicken, and see how many guys you can kill with that bottle. Outside of that, this game has a fairly good plot, and moves at a nice pace, with 20 campaign levels that all have 3 missions inside of them. These missions all have separate components, giving you a lot of things to accomplish in a lot of different ways. Now, as far as the cons for this game go, the DLC for this game is not actually DLC. All they give you is the ability to pay real money to get guns and outfits inside of the game. It was disappointing when I wanted to continue the game by purchasing another mission or something, and being met with only a bunch of guns. Another downside is the responsiveness of the game. There are times where you want to do certain things, and the game mis-registers what you attempted, and that can be very frustrating. I call it a Classic Ezio, because in the original version of Assassin's Creed II, Ezio was very unresponsive and loved to jump off buildings when you were trying to climb them. Anyways, I digress. If you are looking for a game that matches any playstyle, and can captivate you for hours on end, try out Hitman: Absolution. Expand
  24. Nov 9, 2013
    First of all, I must say I'm a big fan of hitman series. I played hitman since Codename: 47, so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that this is an AMAZING adaptation of the hitman series to this generation. This is the best stealth game you will play. The gameplay has been improved to adapt it to the new generation consoles, and the controls work fine. The graphics lookFirst of all, I must say I'm a big fan of hitman series. I played hitman since Codename: 47, so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that this is an AMAZING adaptation of the hitman series to this generation. This is the best stealth game you will play. The gameplay has been improved to adapt it to the new generation consoles, and the controls work fine. The graphics look pretty good and music is good as well.
    If you have enjoyed hitman games you should give this one a try.
  25. Aug 6, 2013
    After playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you toAfter playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you to explore and do as you wish. With Hitman Absolution the story forces you down narrow paths and small linear levels full of cutsences, hell even some of the hits turn into cutscenes which takes away the point and a huge part of the fun. I don't want a cutscene to take over and kill a target for me i want to do it myself. Not being able to select your own weapons before each level also takes a lot of the fun away. After play Hitman Contracts and Hitman Blood Money i was super excited for Hitman Absolution, but sadly it just didn't feel anything like a Hitman game. Expand
  26. Aug 5, 2013
    Once I finished this game, the only thing I could think to say was 'meh'. It just doesn't feel like a Hitman game at all, even less than Contracts. Whilst the graphics do trample all the other Hitman games, that's the only thing it does. The gameplay was changed so much that is was unrecognisable, and they might as well just had called it 'Assassin Game' because it was so different. ItOnce I finished this game, the only thing I could think to say was 'meh'. It just doesn't feel like a Hitman game at all, even less than Contracts. Whilst the graphics do trample all the other Hitman games, that's the only thing it does. The gameplay was changed so much that is was unrecognisable, and they might as well just had called it 'Assassin Game' because it was so different. It lost the feel of being able to hide in plain sight with everyone looking for you all the time, and because you were sneaking around all the time, it just got tiering. I like it when games make me work, but when you're constantly trying to evade everyone you see it just makes you want to give up. The story is scatty and without continuity, making the ICA seem like they're public knowledge; walking around with their name planted on everything and helicopters flying around letting everyone know that they're there. The mystery that was the ICA and everything about Hitman was ruined by this game, and whilst the production values were higher than any other Hitman game, they really just spent almost 10 years ruining the series. The Contracts mode on this game was limited, the maps were re-used and the fact every mission was in America just took away everything that made the Hitman games. Really disappointing. Expand
  27. Aug 10, 2013
    As a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone withAs a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone with some bugs and stupid broken A.I. But as a Hitman game it is very bad, the worst in the series in fact. They have taken everything that made Hitman so fun and special, threw it in the bin, then replaced it with a linear story driven action game. Playing through it was like watching a terrible B Movie, it was so bad i just had to keep watching/playing through. Expand
  28. Aug 11, 2013
    I loved Hitman 2 and couldn't wait to play Absolution. I have tried multiple times to get into this game and I have given up. The game is long and well-made and very visually appealing, it's just not that much fun to play and certainly not addicting, like any good game should be. The biggest flaw is that they've just made it too difficult to for you to sneak your way through and you endI loved Hitman 2 and couldn't wait to play Absolution. I have tried multiple times to get into this game and I have given up. The game is long and well-made and very visually appealing, it's just not that much fun to play and certainly not addicting, like any good game should be. The biggest flaw is that they've just made it too difficult to for you to sneak your way through and you end up resorting to just blowing people away. There are blatant inconsistencies when it comes to getting past guards, etc. One time you'll be wearing a certain disguise and walk right by him and the next time, wearing the same disguise, you get busted. Really a shame though it wasn't for a lack of effort. Expand
  29. Sep 20, 2013
    Welcome to Hitman: Door Solution.
    The objective of the game is apparently just to get from point a) to point b).... THAT'S IT!
    Less then 20% of the game is assassinating targets. Disguises are also useless in this game, and most of your time in hard difficulty mode will be spent crouching and hiding... Not being able to choose your weapons at the start of every stage made the game feel
    Welcome to Hitman: Door Solution.
    Not being able to choose your weapons at the start of every stage made the game feel Linear also..
  30. Nov 20, 2013
    besides of his terrible story hitman:absolution is a good game,i love how the levels where built but unfortunately i don't know if it's better than others hitmans because it's the only one i ever played.
  31. Dec 5, 2014
    Hitman: Absolution is a game that surprised me. I had never played the series prior, and had no idea what to expect. What I found was a game with a solid narrative, great gameplay, strong graphics, and much more.
  32. Jan 2, 2014
    Hitman Absolution. What a piece of crap.If you are expecting the gameplay to be killing targets in your own way, and finding a large amount of ways to complete the mission, then you may be disappointed to realise that this game is 90% running to the door at the end because the police got suspicious of you FOR LITERALLY NO REASON. You have about 2 targets to kill in the entire game, becauseHitman Absolution. What a piece of crap.If you are expecting the gameplay to be killing targets in your own way, and finding a large amount of ways to complete the mission, then you may be disappointed to realise that this game is 90% running to the door at the end because the police got suspicious of you FOR LITERALLY NO REASON. You have about 2 targets to kill in the entire game, because the title may aswell be Babysitter: Absolution instead. The only main kill in this game is IO Interactive killing the Hitman franchise. I give it a 2 for the first mission, point shooting, and the fact that you can literally massacre a high street full of people and still get a high score. Just go play blood money. Expand
  33. Jan 27, 2014
    After playing previous Hitmans and really loving them, i just couldn't get into this one as it didn't really feel like a Hitman game at all. It was very linear and more like a Splintercell game, then a Hitman game. I rate the previous games highly, but this one was really bad in many ways.
  34. Apr 25, 2014
    A solid seven is not a bad rating. It's actually good. And "Hitman: Absolution" is a good game, so good I had to delete from my Xbox 360's hard drive and save myself from playing it until dawn. The game is 3 points from a perfect 10 for 3 very good reasons:
    1) The cutscenes and dialogue are awful. They are offensive to humankind and everyone involved should take a moment to reflect on what terrible things inside them made them produce something so terrible.
    2) Their is only one way to obtain a perfect score. Basically, if you can interact with something, that is what you need to use to make a death look like an accident. There are no other options for a perfect play through.
    3) Missions vacillate between short and easy and overly long and complex. The multiple target missions are particularly annoying when you cannot save your game between targets. I think if I can make a death look like an accident the first time, I can do it on all the other play through's too. And the number of guard's in some areas is outlandish.

"Hitman: Absolution" has some other negatives, such as the cheap see through wall vision (called "Detective Mode" in "Batman: Arkham Asylum"), limited ability to use costumes, reinforcements that prevent you from sweeping areas, and loss of score for being seen by someone you then kill, because how can a dead witness testify? Ultimately, though, sneaking up behind people and knocking them out is fun, and much more fun than shooting them in the head. "Hitman: Absolution" could have been as good as "Deus Ex: Human Revolution". It isn't, but that doesn't make it bad.
  35. Apr 17, 2014
    This game will live on as one of the great stealth games of our generation.
    Where do I begin?
    The graphics in this game are simply stunning. Every little detail is worked into it, be it the way 47 looks more human than ever, the fact that it could almost have been a movie. Yes, that's how good it is. The mechanics are just as great as classic Hitman games, only improved - although some
    This game will live on as one of the great stealth games of our generation.
    Where do I begin?
    The mechanics are just as great as classic Hitman games, only improved - although some find it a hindrance, I think that the addition of Instinct is great. It makes sense - another soldier would recognise an impostor. The control scheme has been adapted as to be less awkward than before, and the AI isn't stupid or paranoid.
    Another feature many will enjoy is that the game finally has a storyline - and a good one. 47 isn't an emotionless killer any more - he is a man with emotions. A human.
    All in all, Absolution is an amazing game. Definitely a great improvement over the last instalments.
    9/10.
  36. May 5, 2014
    I got this game free on Xbox live gold and so frustrating.
    The AI is either brain dead or super smart.
    The levels are super short and you can basically run all of them and don't give damn about the enemies and still get a good rating. I'm sure some people will like this game but it's not for me.
    P.s the story is super and you lose it about 1h in to the game.
  37. May 17, 2014
    (sorry for my english i'm french) Let's start by saying this is a good game. BUT, it could have been so much better. -- 1 -- After I heard that you can kill by so many means, I imagined to poison, push off roof, set mines, etc. All you can do is shoot and assassinate (and you only have to press X button). -- 2 -- it's a shame that you can't make a distraction (like to shoot a little(sorry for my english i'm french) Let's start by saying this is a good game. BUT, it could have been so much better. -- 1 -- After I heard that you can kill by so many means, I imagined to poison, push off roof, set mines, etc. All you can do is shoot and assassinate (and you only have to press X button). -- 2 -- it's a shame that you can't make a distraction (like to shoot a little rock... or whistle assassin's creed style), the game would be so much better!! You can turn on radio a couple times in the game but it's in chosen area so you cant do it when you want to. -- 3 -- Even when you're suit up like a cop, and there's so many of them around, they recognize you like they would all know each other. So, disguise is not the best way to pass a control point... -- 4 -- sometimes you're hunted by cops and you hide in a wardrobe for example. You are in a dead-end and that's evident it's the only place where you can be. Well, they won't find you...it's magic or something...

Enought for the bad part

That said, the shooting is quite fun and realistic. The visuals are pretty good too. The fact that the game is divided by missions following a story is cool. You can give a second try to your favorite missions after you unlocked them in the story mode.

To make it short, it seems like they wanted to add some details to a completed and good looking 3rd person shooter game but they forgot Hitman is all about the details! He's supposed to be the more intelligent and creative killer but I don't see it in the game

It's worth my 20$
    But not 60.
    I'll rent the next one before to maybe buy it
  38. Jun 1, 2014
    This game is the most awesome stealth game I've ever played. Good graphics, good soundtrack, and the controls... OOH the controls, they are flawless. And it's a Hitman game, many ways to kill your targets, many ways to proceed through the game. This is a new style to a Hitman game, and Ioved it.
  39. Nov 19, 2015
    WIth better graphics, a better AI and the new Contracts mode, Hitman Absolution is a great game. But the bigger more sandbox type levels from Hitman: Blood Money arent here, instead the levels are broken up into shorter and smaller sections. I think they are still great, but not as fun to play. I also dont like the fact that you cant pick your weapons when you start a mission. But theWIth better graphics, a better AI and the new Contracts mode, Hitman Absolution is a great game. But the bigger more sandbox type levels from Hitman: Blood Money arent here, instead the levels are broken up into shorter and smaller sections. I think they are still great, but not as fun to play. I also dont like the fact that you cant pick your weapons when you start a mission. But the voice acting and storyline are beatifull, better than at Blood Money. Expand
  40. Aug 24, 2014
    This game is definitely worth getting. i'm a huge Hitman fanatic and this is almost better than Hitman Blood money! I played the **** out of that game, got all achievements everything. This game though is fantastic. Wondeful graphics, awesome setting, good story. A big leap from hit man blood money. Although, any new hit man players I would recommend playing blood money first to know theThis game is definitely worth getting. i'm a huge Hitman fanatic and this is almost better than Hitman Blood money! I played the **** out of that game, got all achievements everything. This game though is fantastic. Wondeful graphics, awesome setting, good story. A big leap from hit man blood money. Although, any new hit man players I would recommend playing blood money first to know the story. Although the disguise system is not that great. Once you have a disguise you should be safe. You shouldn't have to do the instinct thing. Not one police officer knows everyone in the force. Expand
  41. Sep 25, 2014
    Being a big Hitman fan, I was ecstatic when I got this game. The Graphics have improved greatly and makes the game feel a lot smoother. Items around the world are interactive, anything with a sharp edge e.g. knives, screwdrivers, axes, can be thrown from a distance for a silent kill and mugs and other miscellaneous items can be used for distractions. Shooting is a lot better than previousBeing a big Hitman fan, I was ecstatic when I got this game. The Graphics have improved greatly and makes the game feel a lot smoother. Items around the world are interactive, anything with a sharp edge e.g. knives, screwdrivers, axes, can be thrown from a distance for a silent kill and mugs and other miscellaneous items can be used for distractions. Shooting is a lot better than previous games, and the ability to tag multiple enemies for quick executions like in Splinter Cell Conviction has been introduced. The disguise ability feel slightly different, instead of acting suspicious to break disguises now it feels more like a time limit when walking past an enemy in disguise. This can be frustrating when on harder difficulties as it feel like everyone already knows your face. Some levels feel linear but most have a big open space, although I would have liked more missions, probably because I am used to the game, experienced players may find the game too short. The best thing about the game is the story, now 47 is independent, making his own rules and taking his own path. Amazing plot line with twists and epic Hitman moment, plus an amazing ending which will leave you pondering.
    Overall not the best Hitman game, but definitely one of the best stealth games of its generation.
  42. Mar 4, 2015
    In my opinion Absolution took a bold new step for the Hitman series. Fans are split on Absolution but personally I think it is a great game. Instead of the cliche 'Assassinate this person then escape', Agent 47 is on the run. This gives the game play a whole new and different aspect, that we have never seen before. The cinematography of this game is also amazing and the Glacier 2 EngineIn my opinion Absolution took a bold new step for the Hitman series. Fans are split on Absolution but personally I think it is a great game. Instead of the cliche 'Assassinate this person then escape', Agent 47 is on the run. This gives the game play a whole new and different aspect, that we have never seen before. The cinematography of this game is also amazing and the Glacier 2 Engine makes Hitman Absolution the best game yet Expand
  43. Jan 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pure gaming excellence, there's plenty to do in each mission and plenty of ways to do it, kept me entertained for hours. The Instinct bar and absence of a map encourage you to explore your surroundings silently and cautiously. The only disappointment is the ability to hide in containers. I just feel like it made the series way too easy,whenever you`re caught, just hide in the containers for a while and thats it. In previous titles the absence of this encouraged you to use stealth, planning and strategy to achieve objectives whereas in Absolution, the ability to hide almost destroys this Expand
  44. Jan 19, 2015
    Hit-man absolution, first person shooting and control game is really cool, i really like the graphics the realization of the game is basically just like the next gen Xbox one graphics, the way enemies drop when getting shot at and just the whole experience, wont say to much don't want to spoil the game but just a really beautiful game.
  45. Jan 23, 2015
    play this game is very painful. I Hate this game very much. It's not a hitman. It's a crap. Disgusting game ruined all those things together for which Hitman all loved so much.
  46. Jan 25, 2015
    A excellent game and, A great follow up to the hitman series. Awesome game, Also this game has alot to offer and it is Extremly fun wacking a bottle over somones head, Lol Very fun.
  47. May 27, 2015
    Hitman: Absolution was a pretty enjoyable game in some aspects. Great stealth mechanics and a iconic character: Agent 47. But this game lacked, a lot. Firstly, The story was very boring to follow. Second, The colours were very bad. Thirdly, and this is the biggest one for me, this game is super depressing, its very dark and brutal. It would give me migraines listening to that sinister andHitman: Absolution was a pretty enjoyable game in some aspects. Great stealth mechanics and a iconic character: Agent 47. But this game lacked, a lot. Firstly, The story was very boring to follow. Second, The colours were very bad. Thirdly, and this is the biggest one for me, this game is super depressing, its very dark and brutal. It would give me migraines listening to that sinister and dark soundtrack and looking at those dark colours. And don't let me mention that disturbing strip club mission and the Nun massacre mission ugh. Fourthly, this game can get extremely boring after about 2-3 hours. I wouldn't recommend this, but if you are a fan please do, I bet you will probably like this. 6/10 for me. Expand
  48. May 22, 2015
    This game has some deep stealth mechanics that major stealth fans will surely enjoy a lot (especially on higher difficulties). However, I'm not a major stealth fan. I didn't give this game a 7/10 for that, though. It recieved a 7 as opposed to an 8 because there's not a huge amount of content. Online custom missions are okay but don't add enough to a somewhat short game. Still, it's a funThis game has some deep stealth mechanics that major stealth fans will surely enjoy a lot (especially on higher difficulties). However, I'm not a major stealth fan. I didn't give this game a 7/10 for that, though. It recieved a 7 as opposed to an 8 because there's not a huge amount of content. Online custom missions are okay but don't add enough to a somewhat short game. Still, it's a fun game and it's definitely worth a playthrough even for people who aren't big stealth fans. There are many different ways you can approach the majority of objectives and this is what makes the game good. You're given an objective and you use your tools and skills to get the job done however you can. Also, the story is pretty decent and the voice acting is also good. Expand
  49. Oct 30, 2015
    As a person who is fairly new to the Hitman series (joining in with Hitman Absolution), this is a very hard stealth game! It has so much more depth than say... Assassins Creed and the protagonist is bald!! Bald I tell you! Great game! Must pick up if your tired of the same ol' Assassins Creed!
  50. Dec 1, 2015
    Really nice graphics but not so much open than games before but still great fun.
    ........ . .
  51. Apr 14, 2016
    El mejor Hitman que he jugado, me gusta la calidad grafica y la jugabilidad, sin dejar de lado la historia y buen trabajo de los niveles, que sin duda alguna me mantuvo al pendiente de todo esto, sin mencionar los distintos tipos de dificultad que realmente pueden llegar a desafiar las habilidades del jugador.

1. Mar 6, 2013
    Ultimately, Hitman: Absolution marks a faithful, gorgeous and only occasionally maddening return for a series that’s been gone far too long. It may have trouble finding fans among twitchy gamers with short attention spans, but guns and brains should never be mutually exclusive. And those kids can get off my damn lawn.
  2. Dec 21, 2012
    Absolution is a fantastic addition to a series that defined a genre last generation, and I can't wait to see what they come up with for our favorite bald assassin moving forward.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Dec 17, 2012
    A meticulous, engaging game and accomplished sequel that improves upon its predecessors in an organic way series fans will appreciate. [Jan 2013, p.55]