7.0

1. Dec 26, 2012
    This is a good game, but when compared to precursor hitman games, you tend to dislike this. Story did little for me (other than Victoria kicking ass). Stealth, blending in, versatility kills, and timing of everything was good, but missing that factor to make it great.
  2. Feb 10, 2013
    I think this is a good game, but not a great Hitman game. It is a solid change of pace from the average first and third person action game, and features well designed levels and solid characters. But the plot is also kind of a problem. While decent, Hitman games are not supposed to be linear like this. What happened to being able to select your loadout before a mission? I understand youI think this is a good game, but not a great Hitman game. It is a solid change of pace from the average first and third person action game, and features well designed levels and solid characters. But the plot is also kind of a problem. While decent, Hitman games are not supposed to be linear like this. What happened to being able to select your loadout before a mission? I understand you cannot because it would disrupt the flow of the plot, but it was still really cool. It is however a bit redeemed by contracts mode, which lets you play user made levels and either follow the preset and recommended loadout, or pick your own. You earn money after each contract, the amount earned is dependent on your performance. The core gameplay is still intact, and even though there are a lot of different ways to kill people, it just doesn't quite capture that infinite amount of possibilities in previous games. A nice plus to the game is definitely the graphics, which are quite frankly stunning, even if the cutscenes may have trouble at times. Overall, Hitman: Absolution will probably let down hardcore fans, but impress n00bs and first timers to the series. On a side note, if you find the game too hard, swallow your pride and play on easy mode, it will make it much more fun. I would purchase Absolution now that it is 25 bucks on xbox, but if you remain skeptical, find a way to rent it or borrow from a friend. Expand
  3. Jan 3, 2013
    i was a little surprised as it didn't really live up to all the hype, perhaps it had too much hype? personally i preferred playing through blood money. lastly i believe that there was too much humor or i find a lot of stuff funny? i you want to buy it please wait till it cheapens. also many people believe that they have removed the killing machine from the hitman series and maybe theyi was a little surprised as it didn't really live up to all the hype, perhaps it had too much hype? personally i preferred playing through blood money. lastly i believe that there was too much humor or i find a lot of stuff funny? i you want to buy it please wait till it cheapens. also many people believe that they have removed the killing machine from the hitman series and maybe they have... but when will they release another and how will it go from here as hitman is no longer with 'the agency'. Expand
  4. Oct 11, 2013
    Positives
    -Polished beautiful graphics
    -Good controls.
    -When stealth fails you can kill everybody.
    -Good characters, voices, and acting.
    -Leaves the door open for another Hitman game!
  5. Jan 17, 2013
    It's not Blood Money 2 like I wanted it to be, and it is the worst Hitman game in the series. With that being said, it's still a better game than most of crap being released these days. I'm hoping IO makes Blood Money 2, with the next entry. Side note, I really miss the newspaper article thing from Blood Money. That was my favorite.
  6. Jan 25, 2013
    This is a great game, so well crafted from the story, to the gameplay, to graphics and art style. I've played many of the other Hitman games and in truth this is the game I believe Square Enix always wanted to make in the first place. This game is so good I truly did not want to finish it.
  7. Sep 9, 2013
    [7.3] If this were an open world game, it would be incredible, but instead they settle for a Splinter Cell clone in which you can rarely use guns. The game is presented as one that offers several play styles, but it ultimately very linear, and instead making your own choices you have to figure out what choices to make. It is very satisfying to to knock someone unconscious and hide their[7.3] If this were an open world game, it would be incredible, but instead they settle for a Splinter Cell clone in which you can rarely use guns. The game is presented as one that offers several play styles, but it ultimately very linear, and instead making your own choices you have to figure out what choices to make. It is very satisfying to to knock someone unconscious and hide their body in a dumpster, but by the tenth level of doing that you get the point. The developers, like many other, limit themselves too much which is hopefully something that will end by the next generation of consoles. Collapse
  8. Feb 14, 2013
    When i heard that a new Hitman game was coming out, i was certainly looking forward to seeing the result after playing blood money. Another chance at playing as the infamous agent 47, silent assassin and contract killer was not to be bypassed. The game was not a disappointing to say the least. To start with, single player. For me, the game lived up to its surprising standards establishedWhen i heard that a new Hitman game was coming out, i was certainly looking forward to seeing the result after playing blood money. Another chance at playing as the infamous agent 47, silent assassin and contract killer was not to be bypassed. The game was not a disappointing to say the least. To start with, single player. For me, the game lived up to its surprising standards established by the trailers, giving me yet another re playable experience of garroting unsuspecting guards and 'accidentally' executing more than my fair share of targets. The single player is definitely worth playing first to get to grips with what i think is an improved control system, offering more ways to incapacitate or kill people with a wider range of household weaponry than before. As for contracts mode, it was an exiting experience to create my own unique challenges, if with a limited number of environments. If your looking for a fun game to thoughtfully murder people in imaginative ways, then Hitman: Absolution is well worth the money. It definitely deserves 9.0 out of 10. Expand
  9. Feb 8, 2013
    I've been a fan of this series since the beginning and I was eager to see the series get updated for modern times. Absolution improves the gameplay in almost every way. The controls are greatly improved. You are faster, more responsive, and aiming isn't a chore. The cover/stealth mechanic works well. Hiding bodies and using disguises no longer feel like a total crap shoot. The newI've been a fan of this series since the beginning and I was eager to see the series get updated for modern times. Absolution improves the gameplay in almost every way. The controls are greatly improved. You are faster, more responsive, and aiming isn't a chore. The cover/stealth mechanic works well. Hiding bodies and using disguises no longer feel like a total crap shoot. The new Instinct feature is excellent. Using Instinct to blend in and make your disguise work is a great idea. The game is challenging and lets you approach most of the assassination levels however you like. But then, the story is pure, B-movie trash. I don't want to give anything away, but for one of the greatest assassins in history, Agent 47 ends up looking like a fool quite a few times. This story feels like it was intended for a cheesy shooter and should star a totally different protagonist than 47. It's forgettable, insipid, unintentionally funny, full of stupid characters, and it leads to a handful of dumb, non-assassination, story-filler levels that just aren't fun. Worse yet, because of the story elements, you never get to choose your load-out before each mission. If you want a sniper rifle, you better hope you can find one in the level or you're just going to have to do something else. They save it partly by letting the community make their own missions, but it still feels like they missed a big opportunity.
    All in all, I feel the good greatly outweighs the bad. Absolution is fun and challenging. Most of the levels still feel like crazily complex puzzles with numerous solutions and even more numerous ways to fail. But seriously, you will be skipping cutscenes a lot.
  10. Feb 21, 2013
    The "Original Assassin" returns amid all the recent stealth games released, and hides them all in a closet. Agent 47s campaign is a Story-driven one. A more personal assignment, he loses his Agency weapons and gadgets, (Which is disappointing) but he makes up for this with improvised weapons and tactics. A master of poison, accidents, misfortune, firearms, CQC and technology 47 hasThe "Original Assassin" returns amid all the recent stealth games released, and hides them all in a closet. Agent 47s campaign is a Story-driven one. A more personal assignment, he loses his Agency weapons and gadgets, (Which is disappointing) but he makes up for this with improvised weapons and tactics. A master of poison, accidents, misfortune, firearms, CQC and technology 47 has numerous ways to neutralize his targets. The graphics engine is stunning, with lighting previously restricted to high end PCs, brought to consoles. Characters added are...mixed. Only a couple have any real interest, most are stereotypes, or dirty in personality. Speaking of which this game has quite a few sex jokes, scenarios, and out of place moments. 47 has a new ability "Instinct", which is a huge help, but if you're a fan of difficulty don't worry. The harder settings only allow a few seconds of it, with little to no help. They've added a new gameplay mode, "Contracts" which allows people to make their own missions and share them to others. Though this mode uses the story-missions, and is rather limited. This is a more modest Hitman game, with an easier point of entry for players new to the series. Slow gameplay, meticulous study and eavesdropping are core to this game. If that deters you, look elsewhere. Expand
  11. Feb 26, 2013
    Good story but forces you into stealth situations instead of choosing your own way to play if you want a high score. Stealth isn't that great for a stealth game.
  12. Mar 14, 2013
    I hated the fact that the security guards and everyone got suspicious of everyone, like they knew everyone or had every idea of a Hitman lurking among them. I love the action, the stealth, but it made no since of how I couldn't move 3 feet without someone getting suspicious of me. Just let me move around and have the AI more unaware. Challenging though...
  13. Jul 14, 2013
    Amazing game and amazing graphics! Just phenomenal, and the kills are vicious and satisfying. If only more games were as thorough and well thought out like this. Not a boring overrated game like infinite!
  14. Mar 12, 2013
    Silent, gritty, dark and funny. IO Interactive have hit the nail on the head, with this great stealth/shooter, although the formula has changed in some way which may alienate some fans, but those who have been there from the beginning like us and many alike, will know this was the best direction for the series to go. With the same stealth mechanics from blood money with a few missing thisSilent, gritty, dark and funny. IO Interactive have hit the nail on the head, with this great stealth/shooter, although the formula has changed in some way which may alienate some fans, but those who have been there from the beginning like us and many alike, will know this was the best direction for the series to go. With the same stealth mechanics from blood money with a few missing this is still 'One of the best!' stealth games we will see in this lifetime with great attention to detail. Agent 47 is back with a vengeance Expand
  15. Oct 2, 2013
    excellent game ...mature challenging. stealthy.. is fun i never played other hitman but this one is a good game overall highly recommend it for 1 player
  16. ERB
    Nov 15, 2013
    I like this game.This game is good because of It's story line game play graphics and more.This game is awesome so for all of you people trying to buy an awesome game, I recommend you people to buy this game now and try playing It.
  17. Apr 20, 2014
    I have to say that I have played the older Hitman games and they are awesome! Unfortunately I was not very good at them because they are truly challenging stealth games. I got Absolution and loved that you could kinda tone down the difficulty initially and work your way up the ladder. I played through and have gotten used to the game layout. Hitman truly is an art...dropping a chandelierI have to say that I have played the older Hitman games and they are awesome! Unfortunately I was not very good at them because they are truly challenging stealth games. I got Absolution and loved that you could kinda tone down the difficulty initially and work your way up the ladder. I played through and have gotten used to the game layout. Hitman truly is an art...dropping a chandelier on an unsuspecting foe at just the right time, garroting someone and then donning their clothes to walk among them, all make this game great. I have replayed it countless times and am currently working through all the challenges which I love. I think the challenges give this game so much depth and replay value.

The story I found good as well and I enjoyed the environments presented in the game. I admit it is tough to sneak around and the instinct isn't always as helpful as it could be. For example: When walking by a shotgun 47 has a thought "that would draw a lot of attention"...I'm like yeah kidding.

I found that the game does kind of push you to eliminate guards and there is always usually a convenient dumpster nearby haha.

Also, the sniper challenge DLC is a fun little game, where you basically snipe things and make events occur which are fun to watch.

Overall, I have to say I love this game. It is gorgeous graphically, the music sets a great tone, and offers great replay value with multiple methods to kill targets. I've been playing this game for months literally on and off and am still finding new paths within levels. Definitely worth a purchase for any gamer in my opinion.
  18. Dec 7, 2014
    Endless possibilities. You have free flowing freedom within beautifully designed environments throughout the whole game. This freedom enables you to create your own fun, I mean who doesn't love assassinating somebody in 11 different ways? The story of Agent 47 is also quite fun to progress through. A few irritating AI flaws as well as weak multiplayer hold it back a bit, but AbsolutionEndless possibilities. You have free flowing freedom within beautifully designed environments throughout the whole game. This freedom enables you to create your own fun, I mean who doesn't love assassinating somebody in 11 different ways? The story of Agent 47 is also quite fun to progress through. A few irritating AI flaws as well as weak multiplayer hold it back a bit, but Absolution should be remembered as one of this generations most fun, free and awesome single player experiences. Expand
  19. Sep 30, 2013
    This game is only half-baked. As a fan of part 2, 3, and Blood Money is a clear loss of quality. The levels are a joke un the control is improved.
    It's just no fun.
    One has the feeling that one does not find OpenWorld but only linear single Minilevel which consist of several sections.
    Why do you have only shown such great trailer and then something comes out?
  20. Jan 8, 2014
    Hitman Blood Money is one of the slickest, smartest, and enjoyable games of all time.
    This game is unfortunately not a lot like blood money BUT is still a very fun game!
    If you go into this expecting and wanting blood money you will hate it. If you can get past all of that this is still a great game! I am on my second play through and am having a blast!!
  21. May 11, 2014
    Generic piece a garbage. Everything good about a videogame is not found in Hitman Absolution. Just skip it and go buy mass effect 3. Mas effect 3 is the best game of the year 10/10. This game how ever is 0/10
    but I'll give it 1 point because its so ****
  22. Jun 28, 2013
    I've created this account specifically to give Hitman: Absolution a ZERO. If you would like to know why just read any of the yellow and red reviews on this site. I'm not at all being childish. I feel obligated to go out of my way and give this the harshest score I can, and it makes me feel like I'm doing my part.

I feel the need to join all of these disappointed, loud, and saddened

I feel the need to join all of these disappointed, loud, and saddened voices of the people who were utterly hurt by the turn and betrayal of a great franchise because this is as close as I can get to having the developers hear me or any of us.

Recently we saw enough middle fingers in the air to show how powerful a collective group of people could be. Microsoft backed down from imposing its ugly restrictions to the new gen because we universally laughed at them and threatened not to give them any money. It was great. It was cool to feel victory for the little guys for once.

I know I'm late to the party, but IO has their back to a corner, being forced to lay off 50% of their work force, not only making The Hitman their sole purpose now, but maybe their last hope as well. I don't know enough about whats going on with them, but I have to assume they are in a desperate situation, a bit like Microsoft was. What I'm saying is they seem like they barely have a leg to stand on and they are about to lose the money of an entire fan base because of what the Kane and Lynch team pulled when they took on reinventing The Hitman. This is the part where they had better start coming up with some bright ideas if they want to survive. No more frivolous spending on beautiful shallow graphics, not unless they give us the gameplay we want to boot. Did anyone else feel the soul of Hitman dying this time around? Or do most of you consider him dead already?

I said to myself "YES, I CAN FORGIVE THIS". To me personally, Hitman: Absolution, or Hitman: Conviction, etc, is 100% FORGIVABLE if they pick it back up and redeem themselves during their next performance. The numbers don't lie. They've p1$$ed off a large group of people and from what I've put together they already didnt fair well this time around. They were looking to make around 6mil, but instead sold 3.6mil according to what I've heard. Don't quote me. If they can pick it back up, and pull it off, it would completely change the way I look at Absolution.

Right now Absolution is looking like Yoko Ono, the one who killed The Beatles. Absolution is looking like Splinter Cell: Conviction, the Video Game that took everything the franchise was building up to, over some years of slow evolution, and completely disregarded it as if it was dysfunctional, obsolete, or unimportant. It almost seems like once you give a franchise your trust they make the 'Money Grab' and sell out hard because they know they have you in their pocket. Maybe thats rule 1 in their playbook. I don't know... NO... I'm just being cynical.

However if they were to redeem themselves, I could look back at Absolution and say "oh, yeah; that game was a great spin off" or that was a very flattering impersonation of the hitman games. Nice little side quest of the franchise if you want to play an origins type of story." Absolution to me is a gorgeous homage, an ode to the hitman series. It's like a good portrait or an outstanding caricature. For It very much is, but I'm long from calling it a part of the family just yet.

So maybe, with a stroke of luck, IO is done taking liberties, conducting experiments with the glacier 2 engine. As a show of goodwill it can be said that it's admirable that IO took a risk with their 6 year investment. Absolution gave us many good things that we otherwise may not have ended up with, but damage was done to The Hitmans good name and some bridges were burned down in the process. It is my hope that it might just be a blessing in disguise.

Now IO might be in a unique position since they are putting all of their chips on The Hitman franchise to carry them through the next gen. I think they are operating from a position of necessity and survival. I think IO is desperate and in a pickle Because THEY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE, but to make a very specific Hitman. One that is a link between the old games and ABSOLUTION. I'm happy to feel that THEY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE. They MUST make a product that pleases both the original fans and the new recruits or else they will go under. It doesnt have to be a Michael Angelo, but one we can stand by. lol they wont survive another Absolution.
    Maybe you could say they were so proud of their amazing Glacier 2 engine that they felt bullet proof and got arrogant just like Microsoft did. In the end they were forced into an epic down size. So now would be one of the best times to start slamming forums with demands and expectations, giving more user reviews of what went right and wrong, and throwing around words like "boycott". It would be great if we were loud enough for them to hear exactly what we want. Micrsoft did.
  23. Jul 4, 2013
    Completato Hitman: Absolution come Professionista! 18 ore circa per un totale di 730G (40 obiettivi sbloccati su 46). Da amante del genere stealth/action in terza persona lo consiglio caldamente a chi ha apprezzato in particolare Splinter Cell Conviction al quale si avvicina molto sotto diversi punti di vista. Un titolo AAA per IO Interactive e sicuramente un gioco di qualità per questoCompletato Hitman: Absolution come Professionista! 18 ore circa per un totale di 730G (40 obiettivi sbloccati su 46). Da amante del genere stealth/action in terza persona lo consiglio caldamente a chi ha apprezzato in particolare Splinter Cell Conviction al quale si avvicina molto sotto diversi punti di vista. Un titolo AAA per IO Interactive e sicuramente un gioco di qualità per questo 2013 pieno di uscite interessanti. Gameplay ormai collaudato da tempo e solidificato ulteriormente con qualche piccola aggiunta e una trama ben fatta anche se non particolarmente entusiasmante. Gli scenari offrono al giocatore molta libertà e diversi approcci per portare a termine l'obiettivo. Il multiplayer introduce una modalità coinvolgente ed appagante che terrà i giocatori incollati allo schermo per diverso tempo. Voto personale: 9+ Expand
  24. Jul 9, 2013
    This game is not and will not ever be Blood Money. Hitman: Blood Money is on a different level, and those who have given this game a bad review in comparison to Blood Money need to understand that. If you have not played the Hitman Series, I recommend you just go out and pick up a copy of either this game, or the Hitman HD Trilogy, and see if you are a fan. Personally, I started withThis game is not and will not ever be Blood Money. Hitman: Blood Money is on a different level, and those who have given this game a bad review in comparison to Blood Money need to understand that. If you have not played the Hitman Series, I recommend you just go out and pick up a copy of either this game, or the Hitman HD Trilogy, and see if you are a fan. Personally, I started with Absolution, and it made Blood Money so much better once I played the lesser game first. I have a lot of pros for this game, the first being that it included a tutorial stage. Since every game anymore has highly varying controls, it is nice to not try and pick up a game for the first time and be stuck looking at a picture of your controller in the options menu just to figure out how to play. You always want to hop right in. This tutorial stage does just that. It sets up a level that is just like any other level, and teaches you the tactics of the game as you advance through it, then it lets you take over for the end. This game also has a very diverse gameplay. Although the tutorial makes it clear that the game is meant to be played with a stealthy 'kill only the target' approach, they also made the game able to be played in a 'Wreak havoc and kill everyone with a submachine gun, executing all the guards, in a Chipmunk outfit' way. A Chipmunk Outfit? Yes, a chipmunk outfit. This game has a variety of disguises you can use to walk around in to avoid being caught as the Hitman. Just a few are: A tuxedo, a doctor's getup, a chicken suit, a drug dealer, a chipmunk, and far, far more. It made this game very fun to play whenever you just want to screw around. You could pick up a bottle, dress as a chicken, and see how many guys you can kill with that bottle. Outside of that, this game has a fairly good plot, and moves at a nice pace, with 20 campaign levels that all have 3 missions inside of them. These missions all have separate components, giving you a lot of things to accomplish in a lot of different ways. Now, as far as the cons for this game go, the DLC for this game is not actually DLC. All they give you is the ability to pay real money to get guns and outfits inside of the game. It was disappointing when I wanted to continue the game by purchasing another mission or something, and being met with only a bunch of guns. Another downside is the responsiveness of the game. There are times where you want to do certain things, and the game mis-registers what you attempted, and that can be very frustrating. I call it a Classic Ezio, because in the original version of Assassin's Creed II, Ezio was very unresponsive and loved to jump off buildings when you were trying to climb them. Anyways, I digress. If you are looking for a game that matches any playstyle, and can captivate you for hours on end, try out Hitman: Absolution. Expand
  25. Nov 9, 2013
    First of all, I must say I'm a big fan of hitman series. I played hitman since Codename: 47, so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that this is an AMAZING adaptation of the hitman series to this generation. This is the best stealth game you will play. The gameplay has been improved to adapt it to the new generation consoles, and the controls work fine. The graphics lookFirst of all, I must say I'm a big fan of hitman series. I played hitman since Codename: 47, so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that this is an AMAZING adaptation of the hitman series to this generation. This is the best stealth game you will play. The gameplay has been improved to adapt it to the new generation consoles, and the controls work fine. The graphics look pretty good and music is good as well.
    If you have enjoyed hitman games you should give this one a try.
  26. Aug 6, 2013
    After playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you toAfter playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you to explore and do as you wish. With Hitman Absolution the story forces you down narrow paths and small linear levels full of cutsences, hell even some of the hits turn into cutscenes which takes away the point and a huge part of the fun. I don't want a cutscene to take over and kill a target for me i want to do it myself. Not being able to select your own weapons before each level also takes a lot of the fun away. After play Hitman Contracts and Hitman Blood Money i was super excited for Hitman Absolution, but sadly it just didn't feel anything like a Hitman game. Expand
  27. Aug 5, 2013
    Once I finished this game, the only thing I could think to say was 'meh'. It just doesn't feel like a Hitman game at all, even less than Contracts. Whilst the graphics do trample all the other Hitman games, that's the only thing it does. The gameplay was changed so much that is was unrecognisable, and they might as well just had called it 'Assassin Game' because it was so different. ItOnce I finished this game, the only thing I could think to say was 'meh'. It just doesn't feel like a Hitman game at all, even less than Contracts. Whilst the graphics do trample all the other Hitman games, that's the only thing it does. The gameplay was changed so much that is was unrecognisable, and they might as well just had called it 'Assassin Game' because it was so different. It lost the feel of being able to hide in plain sight with everyone looking for you all the time, and because you were sneaking around all the time, it just got tiering. I like it when games make me work, but when you're constantly trying to evade everyone you see it just makes you want to give up. The story is scatty and without continuity, making the ICA seem like they're public knowledge; walking around with their name planted on everything and helicopters flying around letting everyone know that they're there. The mystery that was the ICA and everything about Hitman was ruined by this game, and whilst the production values were higher than any other Hitman game, they really just spent almost 10 years ruining the series. The Contracts mode on this game was limited, the maps were re-used and the fact every mission was in America just took away everything that made the Hitman games. Really disappointing. Expand
  28. Aug 10, 2013
    As a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone withAs a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone with some bugs and stupid broken A.I. But as a Hitman game it is very bad, the worst in the series in fact. They have taken everything that made Hitman so fun and special, threw it in the bin, then replaced it with a linear story driven action game. Playing through it was like watching a terrible B Movie, it was so bad i just had to keep watching/playing through. Expand
  29. Aug 11, 2013
    I loved Hitman 2 and couldn't wait to play Absolution. I have tried multiple times to get into this game and I have given up. The game is long and well-made and very visually appealing, it's just not that much fun to play and certainly not addicting, like any good game should be. The biggest flaw is that they've just made it too difficult to for you to sneak your way through and you endI loved Hitman 2 and couldn't wait to play Absolution. I have tried multiple times to get into this game and I have given up. The game is long and well-made and very visually appealing, it's just not that much fun to play and certainly not addicting, like any good game should be. The biggest flaw is that they've just made it too difficult to for you to sneak your way through and you end up resorting to just blowing people away. There are blatant inconsistencies when it comes to getting past guards, etc. One time you'll be wearing a certain disguise and walk right by him and the next time, wearing the same disguise, you get busted. Really a shame though it wasn't for a lack of effort. Expand
  30. Nov 20, 2013
    besides of his terrible story hitman:absolution is a good game,i love how the levels where built but unfortunately i don't know if it's better than others hitmans because it's the only one i ever played.
  31. Sep 9, 2013

1. Mar 6, 2013
    Ultimately, Hitman: Absolution marks a faithful, gorgeous and only occasionally maddening return for a series that’s been gone far too long. It may have trouble finding fans among twitchy gamers with short attention spans, but guns and brains should never be mutually exclusive. And those kids can get off my damn lawn.
  2. Dec 21, 2012
    Absolution is a fantastic addition to a series that defined a genre last generation, and I can't wait to see what they come up with for our favorite bald assassin moving forward.
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    A meticulous, engaging game and accomplished sequel that improves upon its predecessors in an organic way series fans will appreciate. [Jan 2013, p.55]