7.0

1. Nov 21, 2012
    Firstly i would like to point out that i started playing Hitman games with silent assassin on the PS2, later I had contracts and finally blood money on the PC, i love the game series. So i had to get the latest version for my Xbox.

Well it pains me to say it but this is just not the game it was, 6 years later and this game is NOT as good as the previous ones. Its a watered down version in the same way the all the Tom Clancy games got watered down. Gone are the strong elements of tactics and planning, gone is the reward for exploration and experimentation, in their place there is the illusion of these things. This game attempts to add tense action sequences but it does so with scripted, triggered action points, by funnelling you down one route or situation instead of allowing the previous sandbox anything goes game-play to shine through. The beauty of a Hitman game was that two players could take completley different routes to the objectives, the action and tension they encountered was completley a consequence of their play style and timing. In this game the experience is contrived, forced and scripted to the point that everyone will get the same experience bar a few areas where the leash is loosened enough for you to get a brief taste of what made the game great. To often are you forced into situations that are not becoming of a game series that once carried silent assassin as a game title, well there's nothing silent about being forced into being chased by a helicopter and countless police men through numerous early stages. By attempting to turn the tables on agent 47 and make him vulnerable in this new narrative we are robbed of what made the series great; selecting your gear, scouting the location out and making your way to your target.

Gone is the load-out, your weapons are pre-selected for you, so no more sniper briefcase but dont worry because someone will have left a high-powered sniper rifle in the room overlooking your target and the window is open, the weapon will also be according to its description in the menus agent 47's choice sniper rifle, how convenient...and lame. Also on the subject of lame is the new disguise system; now you might thing the best way to blend in with some police men is perhaps to grab one of their uniforms, act normal, keep a relative distance so they dont see you up close etc. Well actually if you put a police uniform on every time you are in eye sight of a police man at any distance you arouse suspicion and attract unwanted attention, the same goes for any disguise, dress up as a bodyguard and all the bodyguards immediately seem to be onto you, however if you just dress as someone else they let you pass unnoticed...so the point in dressing up is what exactly? Case to point: I put on a police uniform to access and area guarded by police men, nothing but suspicion is aroused, i come back dressed as a drug dealer and i'm fine to walk through unnoticed. These scenarios happen throughout the game yet you can negate it somewhat by using an intuition bar that when used de-pleats but allows you to....wait for it.....cover your face as you walk past in a rather awkward and obvious attempt to hide your identity. Yeah, that's right, and if the bar or your 'intuition' de-pleats? yeah you can no longer put your hand over your face.

Also hiding works as stupidly, climb through a window next to a guard in a restricted area and he will turn, question you, become suspicious, but if you quickly read a near by pamphlet hey everything is fine, no problems! Stop reading the pamphlet though and the guy will draw on you and shoot in seconds.

The A.I then as you may have guessed is lame, predictable boring patrol patterns, nothing dynamic, higher difficulties mealy mean they notice you faster and shoot more accurately for the most part.

Agent 47 used to feel like a real pro, you had the element of surprise and could use it how you wanted, with the load out you wanted, on the path you chose. Now you get the weapons you given along with anything you can scavenge, you get limited paths and worse of all levels are no longer large sandboxes but separately loaded sections where if you return to a previous area anyone you killed or subdued is back alive.

Despite all this there are still some nice elements to the game, there are some small sections where the game plays like its predecessors and its here where it creates its own dynamic drama and tension just like the old games did. Its a sad modern trend in gaming that sees strategic, stealth games getting watered down into stealth/action games. Hitman as a game has always had the tools for action, the moments where we messed up would bring the fight, or where you had to quickly dispatch two approaching guards, we dont need scripted action in a sandbox, just give us the tools and freedom and we'll make our own, just like the old days. Please IO keep the formula to what it was, its not Hitman any more. 7 from a series fan.
  2. Nov 22, 2012
    I created an account just to review this game. I'm sorely disappointed. It's not a terrible game. It just isn't "Hitman." Blood Money was very open and allowed you a lot of flexibility in not only how you killed your targets, but in what order. The game dropped you into a level, told you who to take out and you figured out ways to do it. Disguises made you invisible. It wasn't extremelyI created an account just to review this game. I'm sorely disappointed. It's not a terrible game. It just isn't "Hitman." Blood Money was very open and allowed you a lot of flexibility in not only how you killed your targets, but in what order. The game dropped you into a level, told you who to take out and you figured out ways to do it. Disguises made you invisible. It wasn't extremely realistic, but it was fun. After six years I still play that game a few times a month.

This game is nothing like that. Remember the Dance With the Devil level in Blood Money where you had to go to two parties (Heaven and Hell) in that huge building? In Blood Money you could go to either party first or go back and forth between them. You took out targets in whichever order you liked. Dressing as one of the guards allowed you to come and go. Not in this game. If that level were in this game, you would first be given an objective to make it to the garage. Once you go there, there's no leaving. The imaginary door/wall appears and you're stuck. Then it would tell you to go to the "heaven" party. You'd take out your target and then it would tell you to get back on the elevator. You'd go down to the "Hell" party and from there it would tell you to take out your next target. Then it would tell you to leave. By the way, disguises won't help. For some reason every person in the game knows who should be dressed like them. It makes sense with a close knit group like a group of plumbers on a later mission, but makes no sense that every cop in Chicago would know one another. Logic would say that you should just pick a costume that no one around you has on, but that's not an option. There is always a mix of people walking around. So that forces you to use "Instinct Mode." That's 47's magic power to hold his hand over his face and lower his head so that no one recognizes him. Apparently it is very tiring so he can only do it for 30 seconds before you run out of "instinct." (How is that even possible?) You'll find yourself in cover most of the time. You can't pick your weapons, you can't modify your weapons and just about everything you do makes noise. I shot someone with a silenced Silverballer and a guy about 50 feet away radioed "We have a report of gunfire." I stabbed someone and the guy in the other room heard it. Most of the levels seemed designed as if they want you to have a firefight. Even when you take everyone out a message pops up "Backup has arrived." It's frustrating because there isn't even a save feature like before. If you die before you find one of maybe two or three checkpoints then you have to start all over. I used to love just walking around a level in disguise and trying to find new ways to take people out. That's gone. Be somewhere that the game doesn't want you and you'll be spotted. Once the alert is up, that's it. Restart. It's less Hitman and more Kane and Lynch 2.
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    This is hitman. There are so many paths to assassinate your target and if you were to step back and look, you would see all the hard work that has gone into designing the levels. Hitman's only downside is the disguise system, police officers should not know everyone in the whole police force and because of this it gets a 9.5. I love hitman and if you decide to play this stealthily, youThis is hitman. There are so many paths to assassinate your target and if you were to step back and look, you would see all the hard work that has gone into designing the levels. Hitman's only downside is the disguise system, police officers should not know everyone in the whole police force and because of this it gets a 9.5. I love hitman and if you decide to play this stealthily, you will find it quite a challenge and most games today lack challenges. Expand
  4. Nov 23, 2012
    Update: My first review was just with a couple of hours of gameplay, now after finishing the game I can tell you that there are 3 or 2 missions segments that are old classic hitman style, the others however suck, and suck bad, let e put it like this, if I could get my money back I would
  5. Nov 20, 2012
    To those that give this game a bad review, I just wanna say... you don't know what good games are! This game is just amazing! Great graphics, great music, and a great storyline. Just an amazing game.
  6. Nov 20, 2012
    Hitman is dead, Police suspect Blood Money isn't involved. Remember that beleoved Hitman series? Well it's been killed! This game is the worst Hitman in the series by a long way. They've taken all the Hitman out of Hitman. Well i'm off to play Hitman Blood Money....you know the proper Hitman game.
  7. Nov 20, 2012
    If you want to play a Hitman game then keep playing Hitman Blood Money or Hitman Contracts. As a fan i really wanted to like this game but so much of it annoyed me i just couldn't enjoy it.. 6 and a half year wait for this, i've never been so dissapointed in a game like this before!
  8. Nov 21, 2012
    Worst Hitman in the series (It's not really even Hitman) Classic case of 1 step forward and 2 steps back. As a fan i'd of liked for it to of been much more like Blood Money as that was near perfect, all that needed an upgrade was the AI. The A.I in Absolution has been upgraded but it's still far from perfect, and the big open world levels are gone.
  9. Nov 20, 2012
    Ahh...remember all the wonderful things in Hitman games..? The Vast, open, multi-faceted, multi-tiered, funhouses of planning, deception and creativity? Well IO Interactive took all of that, threw it into 47's sniper case and set fire to it. From the ashes they cobbled together 'Absolution' . Something which the developers should be praying for. Levels are linear and streamlined,Ahh...remember all the wonderful things in Hitman games..? The Vast, open, multi-faceted, multi-tiered, funhouses of planning, deception and creativity? Well IO Interactive took all of that, threw it into 47's sniper case and set fire to it. From the ashes they cobbled together 'Absolution' . Something which the developers should be praying for. Levels are linear and streamlined, rigidly objective (go to point B, collect 4 fuses, exit door) based affairs. Even the more sandboxy levels are watered down and/or butchered into non-returnable sections. Take the 3rd level set in a hotel. On the ground floor there is only one way up to the target on the eighth (or 2 if you count catching the same lift slightly lower down). Once in the lift the ground floor and everything you did is erased, sucked into a black hole that you may never return to. The cutscene then removes any choice dictating that you shouldn't go directly to the 8th floor but get off at the 7th and find another way up. Once you do that the 7th floor disappears into the same blackhole as the ground floor. The horrible checkpoint system respawns enemies, actively discourages exploration and punishes experimentation.
    The 'disguise' system is broken to the point where they now serve as nothing more than a 'stealth power-up' allowing you a second or two chance to bail into cover before you're rumbled rendering them all but useless. All of which render the game into a more generic cover-based stealth game, where throwing objects to distract guards is now your greatest asset. You get no loadout choice, and the game seems painfully short on inspirational, memorable ideas.
    If you enjoy the more by-the-numbers stealth games that have you commando rolling between cover you may find much to satisfy you in HItman Absolution, but let's be clear: . It may look like it, sound like it and offer a few nostalgic nods in it's direction, but this is not a Hitman game.
    Agent 47 has lost his way. Which may be considered ironic considering how linear his world has become.
  10. Mar 8, 2013
    WE WAITED SIX YEARS FOR THIS? NO MA'AM!!! These AAA titles have been nothing but hyped up garbage so far, and Absolution is no different. After the brilliant Blood Money title, I was so hyped for this game. I mean they had SIX YEARS to make it right? RIGHT? Welp they basically through together a mediocre story, a BROKEN disguise system, and some COD elements and there you have HitmanWE WAITED SIX YEARS FOR THIS? NO MA'AM!!! These AAA titles have been nothing but hyped up garbage so far, and Absolution is no different. After the brilliant Blood Money title, I was so hyped for this game. I mean they had SIX YEARS to make it right? RIGHT? Welp they basically through together a mediocre story, a BROKEN disguise system, and some COD elements and there you have Hitman Absolution. My only favorite part about the game was the mission where you have to take out the Nuns one by one (EPIC). But overall this game is just not worth your time or money. THANK THE VIDEO GAME GODS FOR GAMEFLY! Expand
  11. Jul 9, 2013
    I have to say that i am writing this as someone who has never played a hitman game before so i am sure that to the fans who are outraged my opinion will be something they disagree with. That said, i have to say the game was a blast, i thought the story was interesting, and the various ways of completing the missions was great. I have heard that you could customize your weapons prior toI have to say that i am writing this as someone who has never played a hitman game before so i am sure that to the fans who are outraged my opinion will be something they disagree with. That said, i have to say the game was a blast, i thought the story was interesting, and the various ways of completing the missions was great. I have heard that you could customize your weapons prior to missions in other hitman games but i never felt like i had a lack of weapons. There are goons in the levels that usually carry a different weapon, shotgun, pistols, etc. You can also use environmental weapons, like a screw driver, to kill people and the game itself is very responsive. It has great graphics, good music, and overall i really enjoyed the game. Its gotten me interested enough to buy the hitman trilogy since i never experienced the older games, my opinion of absolution might change after that but for now i think its a good buy. Expand
  12. May 2, 2013
    Overall this is a pretty decent game. Unfortunately the last game in the series (Blood Money) was as close to perfect as you can get. All they had to do was make a game exactly like Blood Money and this game would have been a 10/10 but unfortunately they decided to completely break the stealth aspect in favor of run and gun style play in an attempt to appeal to a wider audience. Make noOverall this is a pretty decent game. Unfortunately the last game in the series (Blood Money) was as close to perfect as you can get. All they had to do was make a game exactly like Blood Money and this game would have been a 10/10 but unfortunately they decided to completely break the stealth aspect in favor of run and gun style play in an attempt to appeal to a wider audience. Make no mistake the stealth is completely broken in this game, it come down to luck much of the time. If you want to run and gun through this then by all means pick it up and you'll love it but if you're looking for a stealth game then do yourself a favor and go buy an old copy of Blood Money and you'll be playing a game that is leaps and bounds better. Expand
  13. Apr 16, 2013
    I loved playing this game, from start to finish I was entertained. They've made this game more playable for the casuals but still appeals to the hardcore hitman fans. Lots of playability and is in my top three next to walking dead and farcry 3 for 2012 game of the year.
  14. Apr 29, 2013
    This is a game i rented from the video store and didn't expect much.But after playing the story mode with fun combat and stealth and the contracts mode,it turns out to be amazing.
  15. May 10, 2013
    The Hitman series is well known for its diversity and choice in the way you play it, the new title, Absolution, stays true to the series and its mechanics but strays away from the original story. The mechanics are simple and easy to use, each mission you have your tools of assassination, you have your targets and map, the map is filled with different ways to eliminate your target and eachThe Hitman series is well known for its diversity and choice in the way you play it, the new title, Absolution, stays true to the series and its mechanics but strays away from the original story. The mechanics are simple and easy to use, each mission you have your tools of assassination, you have your targets and map, the map is filled with different ways to eliminate your target and each target has a connection to the main story and the plot. You don't have to kill anyone else, in fact you are rewarded for leaving people alive and and only killing your specific target without arousing suspicion. The game as I said, is very simple. Environments can tend to be very linear but most are diverse and your have freedom to explore each in different ways. The graphics are very good and the motion capture ensures that you can see every emotion of every character and adds to the effect of the game. The story seems very off course for a Hitman title and throughout I wasn't entirely sure why it existed, personally, alongside many other fans, I would have preferred it stayed to true to the former Hitman games and each mission was a separate assignment effectively. Although the story does seem out of place it doesn't take anything away from the game at all really. So overall, the game is truly a diverse one, it stays true to former titles but adds new exciting features and doesn't disappoint. For this I give it an 8 out of 10. Expand
  16. May 28, 2013
    The graphics in this game are amazingly gorgeous! One of the best looking games Iv'e ever played since BF3 (even better than BF3) and has what Hitman is known best for: stealth! Story is good, but not original, however that's the only negative here. Buy this game NOW!!!
  17. May 5, 2014
    I got this game free on Xbox live gold and so frustrating.
    The AI is either brain dead or super smart.
    The levels are super short and you can basically run all of them and don't give damn about the enemies and still get a good rating. I'm sure some people will like this game but it's not for me.
    P.s the story is super and you lose it about 1h in to the game.
  18. Dec 7, 2012
    Having loved the previous Hitman games, I was frankly completely disappointed by Absolution. Gone are the awesome sandbox levels of Blood Money and Silent Assasin, repleaced by narrow levels a la Splinter Cell, and action movie cut scenes/set pieces, a la Uncharted. The heart of the game has been ripped out.

Visually, the game is very pretty, but I'm disgusted that what I got is so

Visually, the game is very pretty, but I'm disgusted that what I got is so different from what I was expecting.
  19. Dec 18, 2012
    This just can't be called a Hitman game. I like how some disguises will get you caught by others wearing the same thing, but when you dress as a chicago police officer and get recognized by another chicago police officer... that's insane. Or when wearing a MASK, still recognized... that's insane. As a result, this game is really just sneak, sneak, sneak. One thing I like about the oldThis just can't be called a Hitman game. I like how some disguises will get you caught by others wearing the same thing, but when you dress as a chicago police officer and get recognized by another chicago police officer... that's insane. Or when wearing a MASK, still recognized... that's insane. As a result, this game is really just sneak, sneak, sneak. One thing I like about the old hitman games was the ability to choose what you bring to each level. That's gone. You don't even get to carry the iconic silverballers a lot of the time. No "different" environments like past hitman games, it's all the same area, and the levels seem to just force you down a path, instead of letting you explore. This game got tedious and repetitive FAST. Expand
  20. Mar 6, 2013
    I pre-ordered Abomination as soon as i was able. I have never regretted buying a game, until now..
    They raped all the good aspects of Blood Money until a mediocre piece of was left.

If you like interactive-story-telling this might be the game for you (Buy Telltale's The walking Dead instead). If you like sandbox games and making your own fun, leave this game at the store and RUN! DON'T LOOK BACK.

The only satisfaction you will get from this game, is if you kill yourself with it.
  21. Dec 24, 2012
    I'm astounded at how many people are not angrier about how they screwed this one up. I created an account just so I could leave a review of how terrible this game is. I've been a HUGE fan of this series since Silent Assassin, but I Absolutely DESPISE Hitman: Absolution! Thank God I got it at a discount. I wouldn't have paid a cent for it had I known that they bastardized the whole series.I'm astounded at how many people are not angrier about how they screwed this one up. I created an account just so I could leave a review of how terrible this game is. I've been a HUGE fan of this series since Silent Assassin, but I Absolutely DESPISE Hitman: Absolution! Thank God I got it at a discount. I wouldn't have paid a cent for it had I known that they bastardized the whole series. There is nothing Hitman about this game or even remotely close to it. Everything that the series previously stood for has been taken out. Absolution is what those bastards at Eidos will need after making this game. I waited two years excitedly (That's how big of a fan I am) for this freaking game, and they pull this crap! Everything about the game is linear. AND BTW SINCE WHEN DID 47 START TALKING SO FREAKING MUCH?!?! Part of his charm was in the mystery and the fact that he so rarely talked in the previous games, and whenever he talked it was a cool one liner.

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH NO STORYLINE??!? We loved it. AND THE NEW DISGUISE SYSTEM??!? DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT. Every aspect of the prior games was like a few hours in heaven. Unlike other gamers I do NOT like the graphics. They glittered it up and used way too much of that blurry garbage. This game is a prime lesson on what happens when too much emphasis is put on looks and not the running mechanics. EVERY level has some type of glitch. I was just playing at the orphanage and one of the characters actually disappeared and I got into a ghostly fist fight and wound up dying because of the glitch. That is unacceptable and it shows that they rushed this game. EIDOS...YOU HAD SIX YEARS TO MAKE THIS GAME GOOD...WHAT WERE YOU MORONS DOING IN THAT TIME? This game is actually against stealth because it is near impossible to sneak around anymore because of the god awful disguise system. I used to have great fun dressing up as the mailman and knocking the maid down the staircase with a golf club in Silent Assassin. Which is another point I need to make...YOU CAN'T EVEN FREELY SWING WEAPONS ANYMORE! The mechanics of this game are paralyzed because you have to first get up close and then the action is performed rather dryly. PART OF THE FUN OF THE OLD GAMES WAS CHASING AFTER THE MAID WITH A GOLF CLUB AND TRYING TO SILENCE HER BEFORE SHE REACHED THE GUARDS. IF I WANTED TO PLAY SPLINTER CELL OR BATMAN OR ANY OF THOSE GAMES I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THEM. This game is a prime example of what happens when game companies get greedy and just want the money. Evidence of that is how they made super short levels to make the level count look bigger. AND THE CHINATOWN LEVEL...THEY ACTUALLY RECYCLED IT TRYING TO PASS IT OFF AS A NEW LEVEL. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME EIDOS.

The elegance and rich classy atmosphere of the previous games were ruined by utter sh*t. The jokes of the characters having conversations are just cheap and stupid. I liked it better when they were not speaking English. At least that way I don't keep hearing this same boring old lines.

One lame joke was about suicide by beating himself with a wrench. "Really...bludgeoning yourself to death with a wrench...?" You've gotta be kidding me...we've fallen a long way, folks. All the way down to unrealistic toilet humor. We've fallen a long way from what used to be an intelligent and masterpiece game. If you have any real love for the Hitman series, then you will do yourself a huge favor and not support this blasphemy against the Hitman series. It is truly terrible, and I do NOT say that lightly. If ever a sin existed, it was creating this game like it had nothing to be proud of. Why the hell did they borrow so much from other games. The characters in the game feel stiff and lifeless. And I love how people automatically know how he is a hitman or they say him and say "Why you hiding?". Another thing that pisses me off about this game is how the lame stealth works. I mean really, you can't pacify an enemy when no one is around without the whole area somehow finding out about it. They talked about making this game more realistic, but I feel nothing in terms of this game being more realistic. In fact, I feel like the realism has taken a nosedive. EVERY character reacts the EXACT same way as the previous one when you get caught wearing a disguise, and believe me, YOU WILL GET CAUGHT THOUSANDS OF TIMES IF YOU DO NOT stealth around. Since WHEN did hitman stealth that way. Also, since when the HELL did agent 47 get a six pack and look so muscular....

HE DOESN'T NEED A SIX PACK HE'S A STEALTHY HITMAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. Just more marketing BS. Eidos is trying to please the window lickers instead of the diehard, true fans of Hitman. Worshiping image over substance. Anyway, I should have known better than to buy this game when I heard they were messing with the mechanics and making it more linear. I will never buy another Hitman game again. Not unless they go back to what made hitman great.
  22. Jan 16, 2013
    Wow, I was not expecting to be disappointed by this game so much. I loved Blood Money, and I like the idea of an assassination simulator. What you have with Absolution is very different, and it totally misses the mark. Essentially, even in disguise, enemies wearing the same clothes see right through it. This means that even if you are in disguise - you have to hide! CompletelyWow, I was not expecting to be disappointed by this game so much. I loved Blood Money, and I like the idea of an assassination simulator. What you have with Absolution is very different, and it totally misses the mark. Essentially, even in disguise, enemies wearing the same clothes see right through it. This means that even if you are in disguise - you have to hide! Completely negating the point of a disguise. Ultimately it becomes a crawl-a-thon, hiding behind chest-high-walls all the time, and rolling from cover to cover, creating distractions. That's not what the Hitman franchise is known for. Couple this with the fact that there are hardly any actual assassination levels, and only a couple of sandbox areas, and you have a game which is really boring. Most missions and just get from A to B. I don't know what they were thinking. Expand
  23. Jan 16, 2013
    If you liked Hitman prepare to pick up this game for roughly 5 seconds, scream "What the hell happened!?" Give up and possibly cry. Everything about this frankly upsets me. Loved every single entry in the franchise until square enix brought it, took one look at the game; seemed to say "Huh! That's retarded, no cover shooting!? NO SEXY NUNS!? NO LINEARITY!? **** that!" and made it as ifIf you liked Hitman prepare to pick up this game for roughly 5 seconds, scream "What the hell happened!?" Give up and possibly cry. Everything about this frankly upsets me. Loved every single entry in the franchise until square enix brought it, took one look at the game; seemed to say "Huh! That's retarded, no cover shooting!? NO SEXY NUNS!? NO LINEARITY!? **** that!" and made it as if this game were just a best of every boring idea from every modern game that ripped off another game. I hate this game, it hurt me. If you do feel the need to indulge your sick fantasy and play it. BORROW IT FROM A FRIEND. Don't spend money on it. I'd rather see this franchise dead than like this atrocity, Expand
  24. Dec 16, 2012
    This game is horrible. No more huge open sandbox. Disguises dont work. Stupid plot. Wallhack mode. Everything which made hitman good has been killed so that little kiddies can play this game. Well done, another once brilliant game destroyed.
  25. Dec 4, 2012
    As an old Hitman Vet, I have to say that this is the worst game in the franchise. Redicilous, childish story, not any freeroaming, extremely streamlined maps (gaurds, dumpsters etc is placed at very convinient places). This is not the hitman I used to love. Its a mix between hitman, splinter cell, and various other games.
  26. Dec 22, 2012
    It's not a bad game (a good game I would argue) but it does not feel like a real Hitman game as many people have pointed out. It reminds me more of one of the early Splinter Cell games as you slip pass searching guards. The hits have been made far too easy in my opinion, most missions you can follow the target around until they stop somewhere that no one else is looking then you just fibreIt's not a bad game (a good game I would argue) but it does not feel like a real Hitman game as many people have pointed out. It reminds me more of one of the early Splinter Cell games as you slip pass searching guards. The hits have been made far too easy in my opinion, most missions you can follow the target around until they stop somewhere that no one else is looking then you just fibre wire them and stick them in a conveniently place container. If your a long time fan you will get some enjoyment, just don't go expecting too much.

Looks good though...
  27. Apr 15, 2013
    A poor addition to the Hitman franchise. Hitman was a series that didn't need changing, it was as if IO Interactive have never heard of the old saying "If it's not broke don't fix it" Everything that made Hitman so great and unique has been removed and replaced with material copied from other gaming franchises. As a result Hitman Absolution is very similar to Splintercell Conviction ratherA poor addition to the Hitman franchise. Hitman was a series that didn't need changing, it was as if IO Interactive have never heard of the old saying "If it's not broke don't fix it" Everything that made Hitman so great and unique has been removed and replaced with material copied from other gaming franchises. As a result Hitman Absolution is very similar to Splintercell Conviction rather than a Hitman game. The big open sandbox levels have been replaced with heavily scripted linear levels so it can tell a story. Previous Hitmans were all about gameplay, Absolution is more about a story. The story was like it was written by Steve Stiffler from the American Pie films, very childish sick gross out trying to be edgy but fails. In my opinion games should always be about gameplay, if i want a story i'll watch a DVD or go to the cinema. The less i say about the broken AI the better. Expand
  28. Nov 30, 2012
    I created an account just to review this game. Did you love Splinter Cell? Well then this is the game for you!

Did you love Hitman Blood Money? Did you spend hours playing it, and eagerly await a sequel? Well then to you, IO throws up their middle finger with a laughing **** you!". Now I know what you're thinking. This is the internet. People are always nasty and negative. I shouldn't

Well then to you, IO throws up their middle finger with a laughing **** you!". Now I know what you're thinking. This is the internet. People are always nasty and negative. I shouldn't take this too seriously. But let me make this very clear to you. You should NOT spend your money on this game. I tried really hard to like this game. I honestly did. But the whole time I played, I felt this sick feeling of disappointment in my stomach. I so very much wanted this game to be good. But it's not.

You know everything that made Blood Money fun? Yeah, it's gone. Completely taken out. Sandbox levels? Gone. Setting clever traps and watching them work? Gone. Wearing disguises to get into restricted areas? There, but so terribly broken that it's useless. Fun? Definitely gone.

The whole game is getting from point A to point B, all the while hiding behind corners and low walls, and trying to sneak by the enemy without being spotted. The whole thing. Gone are the days of choosing your weapons, being dropped in a big map, being told who your targets are, and the game saying "Have fun!". Now, you sneak to the next door. And then to the next door. And then the next door. And then maybe you get to kill someone. Then you sneak to the next door.

I give this game a 1 instead of a zero on graphics alone. I almost gave it a 2, but I have to offset these RIDICULOUS 9s and 10s. Even if you did enjoy the game, it's CERTAINLY not 9 or 10 material. Those people obviously have never played a Hitman game before.

I'm bringing it in to Gamestop for their $30 within 30 days thing. And I'm getting a deal on that. Anyone who would spend a dime on this game is an idiot.
  29. Dec 2, 2012
    Hitman Absolution was made by the people who make Kane & Lynch and NOT the people who made the Hitman games. The people who made Hitman left IO Interactive in 2008. Once you know the makers of Kane & Lynch made this game you realise what went so badly wrong and why it is such a huge f**k up of a game! The creators of Kane & Lynch are obsessed with trying to write a cool edgy HollywoodHitman Absolution was made by the people who make Kane & Lynch and NOT the people who made the Hitman games. The people who made Hitman left IO Interactive in 2008. Once you know the makers of Kane & Lynch made this game you realise what went so badly wrong and why it is such a huge f**k up of a game! The creators of Kane & Lynch are obsessed with trying to write a cool edgy Hollywood movie but they suck at it so badly. Look how poop both Kane & Lynch games were, they are basically 1% of a Grand Theft Auto game but yet still the same price tag, run shoot wave of enemys, run a bit further and shoot some more waves of enemys, repeat for 4 hours untill over with a crap story bolted on to it. They failed with Kane & Lynch twice so should of taken that as a huge hint that maybe their not so good as this game making lark as they thought and that fans dont want a linear poop story driven game, but no, they went for third time lucky, but this time they tried their luck with one of the greatest game franchises ever,Hitman! They either completely failed to understand what made Hitman games so great or just didnt care and were focused on their weird obesession of trying to create a Hollywood action movie type game, as Absolution has had everything that made Hitman great taken out of it to make way for another poop Kane & Lynch type story. There are only really 2 sanbox levels out of 20, i would of said 3 but you visit China Town twice. Then these 2 sanbox levels are very small and split up with checkpoints and can be completed very very quickly (Im talking a matter of seconds here) Sure you can replay them but the levels are so heavily scripted and dull you just wont want to bother like you did previous Hitman games. IO Interactive really need to wake up and stop with all these Hollywood movie story driven games and give us back the big open sandbox playgrounds of Hitmans gone by. Far Cry 3 is a massive success and looking to be Game of the year, why? because its a huge sandbox where people are dropped in and left to go about it as they please, this is exactly what previous Hitmans were and what made the so great. If you want to write a Hollywood movie IO then you should go to Hollywood and make a film or write a book , not destroy a much loved franchise. Remember IO, you wont fool people twice! If people get even a slight whiff that the next Hitman game will be linear or smaller or have checkpoints they wont be buying it. Only reason i bought this game was beacuse im a die hard Hitman fan, i had my worries way before launch after i heard Absolution would be story driven with smaller sandboxs, yet i bought it because im a huge fan and wanted to see for myself. I wish i hadnt gone anywhere near it and deffinitley wont be rushing out to buy or preordering the next Hitman after this terrible addition to the franchise. Expand
  30. Nov 30, 2012
    THIS IS NOT A HITMAN GAME BE WARNED!
    I already traded this garbage in for 25$ and feel kinda bad for them like i completelly ripped them off but not bad enought to keep this S%#$ of a game.
    THIS IS NOT A HITMAN GAME BE WARNED!
    like many people i was eagerly awaiting the new hitman game since my favorite game of all time BLOOD MONEY,i was deceived by IO they showed streets of hope and with a straigth face said that was just the peak of the iceberg for the assassinations to come i became giddy with anticipation,how misplaced my faith would be as that turned out to be easily the biggest "sandbox" level in the game made out of 2 checkpoints, all in all the game has 20 missions divided into 53 checkpoints(i think) and only about 12 checkpoints are assasination missions wich are either extremely tiny or verry linear in execution in my opinion only about 6 checkpoints could be more legit hitman levels even if they are extremely tiny.The rest.... well lets just say i wouldnt call it hitman per say more like H I D E M A N: d o o r s o l u t i o n since thats what you do in most missions OPEN DOORS with splinter cell gameplay. Doorman takes everything great and unique from hitman and turns it into dumbed down linear call of duty type garbage.Most levels all you do is go from door to door "evading" police with prescrypted chopper chases,Huge explosions,burning buildings, etc basically your average call of duty type sh@!.
    All in the name of what ?? appealing to the lowest common denominator?? $$$?? it may be because of those reasons but its also because of its HORRIBLE STUPID STORY! like WOW how bad at storytelling can you get?? plus since you are on the "Run" from the police thats the excuse the developers TERRIBLE story uses to keep sending you from door to door to door to door to door to door to door to door to door to door then pathetically small "assaination" mission. then rinse and repeat...so much wasted potential,stupid kane and lynch developers were jelaous that theyre own series wasent as loved by hardcore fans like hitman that not even a dogs crap gave a sh@# about that horrible series that they decided to say a big FU%& YOU to the former IO hitman developers who have since left the company... i cant imagine why.

To anyone out there if you are on the fence about this game go with your Gut instict not your love for hitman like i did and for a more legit review look at PC GAMERS review of the game its SPOT ON.
    the last thing you want to do is give these kane and lynch a%$holes a reason to keep making this sh@# by buying it,if you have to buy it used.The thing i regret the most is buying the game new since i gave those idiots my money what a fool i am.
    Well thats it thanks to anyone who waste their time reading this with horrible grammar and everything,me?? im back to playing blood money.
  31. Nov 30, 2012

1. Mar 6, 2013
    Ultimately, Hitman: Absolution marks a faithful, gorgeous and only occasionally maddening return for a series that’s been gone far too long. It may have trouble finding fans among twitchy gamers with short attention spans, but guns and brains should never be mutually exclusive. And those kids can get off my damn lawn.
  2. Dec 21, 2012
    Absolution is a fantastic addition to a series that defined a genre last generation, and I can't wait to see what they come up with for our favorite bald assassin moving forward.
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    A meticulous, engaging game and accomplished sequel that improves upon its predecessors in an organic way series fans will appreciate. [Jan 2013, p.55]