How to Survive Xbox 360

6.3

1. Dec 8, 2013
    For starters, the game is only a 15$ price tag, and that being said, it is worth that 15$.
    It is a simplistic twin-stick zombie survival game with a neat little crafting system and great local co-op. It could probably get more praise if they did the co-op over xbox live, but it is still good fun in the end.
    The story takes more of a backseat as you find the real fun comes from the
    The story takes more of a backseat as you find the real fun comes from the survival elements amd crafting. While it is simple, it never claimed to be anything more and I think 505 delivered exactly what they wanted. It could do with a few minor tweaks like the online co-op, controller re-mapping, and better checkpoints (no clear way to tell when it is safe to quit) Overall I think this game is deserving of a decent score do to the fact that it is well targeted towards casual gamers, and uses it's elements well. I see a tiny bit of replay value with the ironman and challenge modes, but the story is short and forgettable. It is deserving of it's price tag and I recommend you check it out if you want a fun casual survival experience or a really good co-op fling if you are having a friend over.
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    I Played this game for 4 hours now. There are some nice things, like crafting, skills, and i love this need to drink, sleep, eat, and ofc. have live. There could be added one more need, which is having heat, by staying at fires.

I know a competitive game, it was a mod on a strategy game the map was called "island troll tribes", whats what i miss on how to survive: - crafting system

- crafting system need to be 5 times bigger
    - something like a storage box would be nice, my inventory is full since island 2 ...
    - crafting fires and tents would be nice, and this items should not already exist in the environment
    - more different items (I would say 500 different items would be perfect)
    - experimental crafting for example mixing different mushrooms with different effects... (but then, many more mushrooms needed)
    - it would be nice to have a much bigger skill tree
    - it would be nice to have a 4v4 "mini game", where you need to find stuff, get levels and skills, build a base, defend the base and attack the enemy base, ofc. zombies should not be missed.

What do i like:
    - the idea of the game is good, i was waiting for a game like this since i played island troll tribes the first time.
    - i really liked the movie-clips
    - i hope for someone who make all my ideas and maybe some more... happen!

and why i am scoring so high:
    - i had to laugh many times, i like the humor of the game
    - its worth to play

(sorry for my English or mistakes, its not my main language)
  3. Nov 23, 2013
    i like the game. But the "boomers" are to over powered and they should spawn less. But good game. The fps is kinda low tho. The phicks are good but bad at the same time. Again good game..

1. Apr 13, 2014
    Despite using the overused topic of zombies, everything in the game is targeted toward survival through the skillful use of a good system of loot and crafting. Nevertheless, these two elements are not sufficient to make the title an excellent game, as the title has some technical issues.
  2. Jan 31, 2014
    A few years ago How To Survive may have been enough to make the grade, but in a world overrun by superior zombie titles it barely makes the cut.
  3. Jan 23, 2014
    When Dead Rising meets Diablo the outcome is a game like How to Survive. A game that has tons of great ideas, but in the end fails to take fully advantage of most of them.