- Summary: Featuring a robust crafting system, unique survival guide and a host of playable characters, How to Survive strands players on a remote archipelago off the coast of Colombia in the aftermath of an unexplained accident...but you're not alone. In order to survive, you must fulfill the most basic of needs - seeking out food, water and shelter, as well as crafting dozens of tools and weapons from fishing rods to Molotov cocktails. Players can also team up with other survivors in local and online multiplayer story and challenge modes to take on a growing array of the infected.… Expand
Oct 23, 2013How To Survive is more than just a solid zombie role-playing game, it's also one of the best games of the year. With its mix of Diablo-esque hack and slash and dual-stick shooter action, 505 Games' newest Xbox Live Arcade game is a real surprise. It has a deep crafting system and a world you can't help but want to explore. How To Survive rewrites the book on zombie RPGs!
Dec 8, 2013For starters, the game is only a 15$ price tag, and that being said, it is worth that 15$.
It is a simplistic twin-stick zombie survival game with a neat little crafting system and great local co-op. It could probably get more praise if they did the co-op over xbox live, but it is still good fun in the end.
The story takes more of a backseat as you find the real fun comes from the survival elements amd crafting. While it is simple, it never claimed to be anything more and I think 505 delivered exactly what they wanted. It could do with a few minor tweaks like the online co-op, controller re-mapping, and better checkpoints (no clear way to tell when it is safe to quit) Overall I think this game is deserving of a decent score do to the fact that it is well targeted towards casual gamers, and uses it's elements well. I see a tiny bit of replay value with the ironman and challenge modes, but the story is short and forgettable. It is deserving of it's price tag and I recommend you check it out if you want a fun casual survival experience or a really good co-op fling if you are having a friend over.… Expand
Oct 24, 2013I Played this game for 4 hours now. There are some nice things, like crafting, skills, and i love this need to drink, sleep, eat, and ofc. have live. There could be added one more need, which is having heat, by staying at fires.
I know a competitive game, it was a mod on a strategy game the map was called "island troll tribes", whats what i miss on how to survive:
- crafting system need to be 5 times bigger
- something like a storage box would be nice, my inventory is full since island 2 ...
- crafting fires and tents would be nice, and this items should not already exist in the environment
- more different items (I would say 500 different items would be perfect)
- experimental crafting for example mixing different mushrooms with different effects... (but then, many more mushrooms needed)
- it would be nice to have a much bigger skill tree
- it would be nice to have a 4v4 "mini game", where you need to find stuff, get levels and skills, build a base, defend the base and attack the enemy base, ofc. zombies should not be missed.
What do i like:
- the idea of the game is good, i was waiting for a game like this since i played island troll tribes the first time.
- i really liked the movie-clips
- i hope for someone who make all my ideas and maybe some more... happen!
and why i am scoring so high:
- i had to laugh many times, i like the humor of the game
- its worth to play
(sorry for my English or mistakes, its not my main language)… Expand
Nov 1, 2013Good game...but it can be more. I like survival games a lot! And this game let you to go however you want (open world can I say). It's a great game...hmmm...not really. If they make a sequel or a remake or another company to do something like this game with a lot of posibilities and more creative would be great. Nice things but the game was made in haste.… Expand
Oct 28, 2013The only point this game gets is for what they tried to achieve. The game is terribly linear, has horrible animations, and bad sounds and voice overs. The graphics are sub par. Now I know people are going to use the "but it's only $10" argument, but it's not really an excuse for a bad game. I have many games that are cheaper in price, but are far superior in quality.
Plus the developers and their forum cheerleaders are not very nice when you cordially express in your own opinion that the game is lackluster. They banned me from the Steam forums for "Flaming" when in fact I was the one being flamed and harassed and just defending my point of view. I never even resorted to name calling, like the assailants did to me.
I would not suggest this game to anyone but my worst enemy. It's comparable the whole WarZ debacle. A complete NO GO.… Collapse