7.9

1. May 22, 2013
    There were a lot of ideas put into this game and they are quite clever but not necessary. The game feels like a DC comic and everything seems very well detailed which was really good. Unfortunately i did not enjoy the game for many reasons.

Many characters are either over/under powered which is a huge flaw in this game. It is definitely more annoying when playing online as they use the
    same over powered move over and over again. It seems almost impossible to beat a few characters because of their overpowered specials.

Training mode is pitiful. Usually you would be able to see how a certain combo is done but this game makes it more complicated for beginners to learn how they are preformed. I'm a fighting game enthusiast and i will admit that the combos are difficult to put together. Nether could have simply made it as easy as MK9

Online connection is just as worse as it was in MK. Many others and I have difficulty playing a decent game with no lag or without the server crashing down.

If one can look past these issues then this is definitely the game for you.
  2. Apr 17, 2013
    Injustice: Gods Among us comes very close to being a flawless fighting game in the DC universe, but falls short for one reason: Lack of 2vs2 tag modes in both local & online play.
    ---------------
    One of the major factors about fighting games is multiplayer, a fact seemingly forgotten by Netherrealm Studios since releasing the widely successful Mortal Kombat reboot. Mortal Kombat returned
    to it's "2d" fighting game roots in full 3d gory pleasure. Tones of extra features, unlockable characters, unlockable moves an fatalities provided immense replayability.
    ------------------
    In Mortal Kombat (9), Player 1 could form a tag team with Player 2 and play other 2-man tag groups online over Xbox live. This provided simple yet crucial enjoyment to people with friends which is just about everyone. Locally, 4 players could go head to head in a 2 vs 2 tag match resulting in many fun nights with my group of friends & I.
    -----------------
    Then Injustice comes along, builds upon the MK9 model in many ways but leaves this crucial feature out. You may not think this a big deal, but it is huge considering these games are meant to be played against other people competitively. No one buys a fighting game to fight against AI longer than he has to to complete the main campaign. Netherrealm Studios however thinks otherwise. It is unknown to me why this feature has been removed. Perhaps it was to force groups of friends to all buy their own copy of Injustice.-----------------------Overall the game is very smooth. Anyone who says the game is for casuals isn't too bright, In fact casuals will be destroyed. Various improvements over cheapness in MK9 has been implemented such as changes to blocking, fairy jumping (Jumping straight up and punching sending the enemy downward, bouncing up in preparation for your combo) and others. The characters are interesting and the mechanics enhanced over MK9. The special attacks are very great. It's very rewarding to watch Lex Luthor call down a satellite superstrike on your target and you grabbing that energy and chucking it at your opponent. Each character is truly unique. My friend and & tried them all out and not one was similar in any way.---------Conclusion: For months my frirends & I have been looking forward to taking the MK9 formula and enhancing it. They have definitely done that, but the lack of 2vs2 tag modes for local & online play seriously negate any enhancements. After all, what does it matter how great it is when we can't even play Co-op, VS eachother at once, or test our skills together against online opponents?
  3. Jul 27, 2014
    watchout mortal kombat, a new developer is about to show you a better game.this is another mediocre marvel game with a weird a** third person camera angle, or is it first person view of the audience. all you have to do is button mash and roll a die to win. ive won before by clicking the start button over and over again. and you cant even use spiderman or tris prior (she would kick ass). spiderman made a cameo in the background of stryker island, but other than that, all you have to do is be hawkeye and shoot arrows to win (and they made hawkeye green...total ripoff of terrel dickson and katniss everdeen. seriously marvel?). its still my fav game though besides shrek go kart and mnm go kart. Expand
  4. Jun 11, 2013
    I will get right into it I love the game I was a fan I am a fan and I waited for it to release same day I purchased. Simply put it's a downloadable game, I kind of don't like that,also the clipping, the screen tears, and the frame rate that the game runs in, Feels very outdated.(choppy choppy gameplay). You remember two world's 1 right!? Lol.. Okay the zombies are not zombies! Zombies are not track stars. And they should not be faster than the survivors, This was a terrible Decision to me. The edge with zombies is that there is a lot of them. They don't need to run so damn fast. You get bit by a zombie and you don't turn into a zombie. Very stupid! The zombies are way too hard to kill and it seems as if there are not enough resources, They completely ignored the fun factor! Sure it's an open world but who's going to run the risk of permanent death exploring that open world!? Please update and upgrade the game,.. there is so much more they could've done.. Why no vantage points? Why no safe areas? Why no weapon upgrades no armor? You should be able to completely fortify your home.. There should be more reasons to leave the home.. Lighting why can't you put down lanterns or burning torches? Why no online play? The control factor alone stinks!! I find myself constantly overshooting or under shooting When steering a vehicle. The games not all bad the novelty is still there and I have played every day since the release. Being able to completely rid an area of zombies should be possible. Set a house on fire and it doesn't catch on fire. Stupid AI at times. Zombies perception much to extreme. The upgrade menu, The general menu, Quite confusing.( Building upgrading) fort building Not learner friendly. Clippy gameplay. MY NUMBER ONE PROBLEM THAT I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DID THIS IS WEAPON RELOAD TIME!! Wth!!! I guess some of the good points are it's a new zombie game But it's nothing that we haven't played or done before..it's okay But I'm thinking at this point in time the frame rate at least Should be up-to-date Expand
  5. Apr 20, 2013
    Singleplayer game is very good Better or comparable to the other mortal kombat games But online play has issues I always get "game session no longer available" error message as with other nethearrealm games. Online gaming is very ping sensitive.
  6. Apr 17, 2013
    While I can't comment on the game's story or tie-ins to any pre-existing comic that may be apparent, as I am mostly ignorant of this due to a disinterest in progressing in a fighting game as a single-player experience, instead I come from the point of view of somebody playing this game in a social context, with friends over or maybe even with family.

Injustice: Gods Among Us plays like
    MK9 after a night of alcohol and shrooms, it's most redeeming feature being the ridiculousness of it's characters, though the novelty wears off as it feels like you're fighting in fruitcake. It just isn't fluid or satisfying, the movesets feel like they've been rushed and this game is particularly unsatisfying to less experienced fighters, as opposed to something like TTT2 or SF4AE where the mechanics are intuitive enough to jump into.

If you enjoy this kind of fighting game, stick to Mortal Kombat, this is a complete downgrade. If you're an avid comic fan interested in the story and characters, I don't know what you should do, maybe you should read those comics again? Or maybe just try the demo?

1. Jun 17, 2013
    If you’re not into your comic books then a lot of the games appeal might be lost, but for fans of the genre and DC, this is a match made in heaven.
  2. Jun 9, 2013
    A great fighting game, even if you aren't familiar with the characters of the DC Universe. The cut-scenes look terrible compared to the actual fights, but the fluid animations make up for this minor complaint. The online system is solid, and you really feel like a superhero when you pull of a great combo.
  3. May 22, 2013
    Great presentation and a wealth of content make up for technical shortcomings. [Issue#98, p.74]