7.9

1. Apr 16, 2013
    I am a casual fighter gamer, and picky about games. The tutorial has been very helpful. Graphics are fantastic, controls are great. Although I never could get the hang of several fighting games (including Mortal Kombat), Injustice collects the best aspects of the genre, and definitely aims for a wide audience. One minor nit: I wish the tutorial would demo the moves so you'd know what itI am a casual fighter gamer, and picky about games. The tutorial has been very helpful. Graphics are fantastic, controls are great. Although I never could get the hang of several fighting games (including Mortal Kombat), Injustice collects the best aspects of the genre, and definitely aims for a wide audience. One minor nit: I wish the tutorial would demo the moves so you'd know what it looked like when correctly executed (ala Soul Calibur). Expand
  2. Apr 21, 2013
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is a game which I actually pre-ordered and picked up for release date. The game, in my opinion really could have been the cream of the crop if it ironed some wrinkles before release. For example, the control stick and directional pad are extremely inaccurate and can throw combos in the trash, which can really get frustrating when you are extremely precise with yourInjustice: Gods Among Us is a game which I actually pre-ordered and picked up for release date. The game, in my opinion really could have been the cream of the crop if it ironed some wrinkles before release. For example, the control stick and directional pad are extremely inaccurate and can throw combos in the trash, which can really get frustrating when you are extremely precise with your directions and unintended movements arise. On the menus the control stick is way too sensitive and frequently presses the wrong selection, wasting time. The graphics look very last generation at times (especially during cutscenes), but at other times they are actually pretty good. The story mode isn't too difficult to complete, but has decent length and really is an amazing, action-packed story that feels like it could be a comic book; so no complaint there. With all this flaws, it is time to talk about where Injustice shines. Everything sounds great from the score to the effects. The controls are smooth and make special moves simple to pick up. The new ideas are fresh and are welcome, like the Super Moves, which are very powerful plays that show you a cutscene of your player hitting the other opponent in an extreme manner. This and the Level Transitions (knocks your opponent to other arena in another extreme manner) were hilarious to watch the first couple times. These aren't the first times I have seen these ideas, but it is the first time I have seen them done the way they were and they gave the game it's charm. Besides the Story Mode, Injustice also has Battles, S.T.A.R. Labs, Single Fight, Training, and Local & Online Multiplayer. The Battles were just like an arcade mode, and contained a range of super easy to nearly impossible arcades. The S.T.A.R. Labs were basically like a challenge series where you did a mission that was unique and attempted to earned Stars for it. It is fun to go into, but it certainly is a challenge! The Single Fight simply is just one custom-made fight. Training is good for beginners and really does help. The Multiplayer is nothing special. There is 1vs1, KOTH (King of the Hill), and Survivor. 1vs1 one is just a fight. KOTH and Survivor are just about the same and you just wait in about a ten minute line to fight one guy. Its pretty underwhelming. Every characters is unique and finding the right one for your tastes is enjoyable (I liked to use Lex Luthor because he is strong, large, and fast!). I enjoyed the backgrounds and the characters were done decently enough, although it would have been nice if they transformed them a little more as a extra costume or something instead of extra costumes that make no sense. The Red Sun pack is not worth it, but that is taken out of consideration for this review. Overall, a great fighting game that could really have been something special that it was hyped to be, but sadly; only great, not perfect. Expand
  3. Apr 17, 2013
    INJUSTICE is one of the best fighting games ever! The team at Netherealms really outdid themselves with this one, there are so many cool concepts and systems that really help innovate and refine the fighting genre. I could go on but the Battles in this game feel and play epically and the online will keep you playing for a very long time.

My favourite character is Superman. Can't wait to

My favourite character is Superman. Can't wait to throw down with Lobo once his DLC comes out!
  4. May 9, 2013
    Injustice gods among us, is one awesome fighting game. I never have been a fighting game fan. I played mortal kombat and street fighter, even marvel versus capcom and enjoyed them allot,but after awhile I got bored with those titles and traded them in for other games to keep me busy. However the same cannot be said about injustice,this game is a masterpiece when it comes down to fightingInjustice gods among us, is one awesome fighting game. I never have been a fighting game fan. I played mortal kombat and street fighter, even marvel versus capcom and enjoyed them allot,but after awhile I got bored with those titles and traded them in for other games to keep me busy. However the same cannot be said about injustice,this game is a masterpiece when it comes down to fighting games. I'm a huge DC Comics fan so seeing all my favorite characters go at it in amazing fights and great environments is a dream come true for any DC Comics fan. Great graphics and controls are here as well as a great story.the fighter roster is awesome as well. Allot of unlocks, and concept art is worth every second in game.the multiplayer does have its problems but those will be fixed soon and aren't game breaking.this is my top fighting game ever made.thanks DC Comics and Nether Realm studios for an amazing game that will stay in my game library for a looooong time. Expand
  5. Apr 16, 2013
    Great game
    With wide vast characters
    However I hope that the online does not include the problems of mortal kombat

I hope to get several DLC with more stories
  6. Jun 8, 2013
    Wonderful story and characters. Nothing to complain about. It's not revolutionary, but it's a perfection among the already-know current video-game fight systems. Buy it. You'll be happy. I guarantee. This is a game to be played for a long time with your friends!
  7. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is very good, I was blown away at all the content, If your a dc fan and mortal kombat fan than it is win win. They needed to throw in some brutal fatalitys lol, But you will not find a better fighting game out there right now.
  8. Apr 22, 2013
    The best fighting game since mortal kombat.
  9. Apr 18, 2013
    Fantastic fighting game with a bunch of bonus content. I wasn't much of a DC fan until I heard about this game and noe I love just about everything DC related. I'm not a huge fighting game fan but I can definately say this is one of my favorite games. I won't give this game a full 10 just because of a few minor reasons. One, I swear I've heard a few sounds recycled from Mortal KombatFantastic fighting game with a bunch of bonus content. I wasn't much of a DC fan until I heard about this game and noe I love just about everything DC related. I'm not a huge fighting game fan but I can definately say this is one of my favorite games. I won't give this game a full 10 just because of a few minor reasons. One, I swear I've heard a few sounds recycled from Mortal Kombat (During Shazam's "Super Move"), and a few animation were earily similiar. Nothing anyone should get worked up about, just good to know though. Secondly the campaign is way short. I'm aware there's alot of content in the game but the story is easily beaten in a matter of hours. Other than that I've been having alot fun with Injustice: Gods Among Us and I'd definately reccomend it to fighting game fans and DC fans alike. Expand
  10. Apr 20, 2013
    The story of Injustice sends professional comic book writers back to school, while the controls and features in the actual gameplay are the best from Netherrealm Studios yet. Injustice is really the game DC fans have been waiting for, and instead of waiting for a new Mortal Kombat game as I usually am, I find myself yearning for a sequel to Injustice instead.
  11. Apr 20, 2013
    While this game doesn't offer any groundbreaking stuff this game is a solid good buy specially for fighting game fans. One again Ed Boon has done a great job with this one.
  12. Apr 23, 2013
    Quite an impressive game to say the least. The idea of DC characters fighting other DC characters looked awesome and WB and Nether realm performed well. The gameplay is great, the story is just ok, and the graphics are good, but not as good as I had originally thought. This game met, but did not beat my expectations.
  13. Apr 16, 2013
    I now had few days (some stores don't care about the street-release-date, I guess) to check out the game and I have quite few positive things to say about it!
    As a comic book fan and a fighting game fan I was interested in the game from the very first beginning.
    So obviously I instantly bought it, when it got released and boy was that a good purchase. Now keep in mind that your

Now keep in mind that your typical fighting game does not always offer you a lot of content. Very often it's all about the fighting and for the most part your only option is online play, if you desire to get the best out of the game.
    While Injustice offers you all that as well, it also offers just like MK9 before a TON of single player content. There is a long story mode with an interesting story over all. There are many minigames in the STAR Labs mode and even unlockables (yes, some games still do that).
    The tutorial mode is perfect for beginners and the amazing practice mode is even better.

The roster of the game consists out of 24 characters, while NRS (the developer of the game) is working on other characters to release them later on as additional DLC characters.
    Out of these 24 characters there are NO clones in the game. Every character has his own interesting playstyle. That all gets intensified by the character specific superpower that offers even more variety: Superman for example enters a rage mode, where he deals more damage and ignores armor from the enemies (armor lets them take few hits for free). Batman summons Bat-drones which he can use to attack the opponents and extend his combos. Joker parries the opponents attacks and collects HaHaHa's to gain speed and so on, and so on.
    The best thing about the roster is that nearly everyone has something dirty up to their sleeve. Every character is a threat and overall very viable, something you don't have very often in fighting games. In other fighting games you often have the characters who are so good that they overshadow everything else, while in Injustice it looks like quite a few character will be able to offer you the playing experience you wish for. But only time will tell if that will stay the same.

Many people were worried about the Netcode, but the Netcode got better. You might have some problems at the beginning, because I personally expect many people to pick the game up and their servers could have some problems right at the beginning, but from what I can tell so far the netcode is much better than the MK9 netcode, which means that you're online play will be less lag free and that is a huge plus.

Unfortunately Injustice does have some flaws:
    The graphics in the story mode for example are not the prettiest. They look like some last gen stuff at some parts. In the game itself, when you play Versus modes the graphics are simply amazing, surpassing even Soul Calibur 5 which was the prettiest fighting game until Injustice arrived at least in my eyes.

A different lackluster point is the actual story. There are some writing flaws, but you will think like that only if you're a hardcore comic book fan, who knows a lot about the actual characters and stuff in the comics, so that few things are quite: "What? That's so stupid!"

The music is also well, the game has a good soundtrack, but in my own personal opinion it's not the hypest soundtrack you can have for a fighting game. I'm pretty sure that I will put in my own music, to have even better fights.

I recommend this game to every fighting game fan out there (especially because it does many things much different and much better than Mortal Kombat 9) and the interactibles and the clash mode are a new, fresh addition to the genre.
    If you're into comic books be sure to pick the game up as well. The story as well the cameos of well known characters in the story and in the STAR Labs mode will be a highlight for you. I obviously don't need to tell you about the great cast itself.

I give this game 9 out of 10 points.

It's a great package overall.
    The only significant negative point about this game would be the unhype soundtrack of the game. Some might argue about some characters in the cast like for example Killer Frost and Ares who took the spots of more beloved charaters like Captain Cold and Circe, but that's nothing to take points away from the rating. I'm trying to be unbiased, when it comes to that and I hope you will be it as well. We still have DLC characters and maybe our favorites will make it into the game as well
  14. Apr 18, 2013
    This game represents the best of both DC Comics and the fighting genre. The game offers a huge amount of content with stage transitions, character powers, supermoves, interactive environments, Star Labs Missions, story mode and a fully formed online mode.
  15. Apr 17, 2013
    Injustice is a game that will appeal to most fans of the genre but not all. The core essentials of a fighter are down, the button combos are solid, the power moves are fantastic. What Injustice accomplishes is making a fighter with tons of depth, but keeping the core mechanics simple enough for new comers, and fun enough for veterans of the genre. With that the selection of DC charactersInjustice is a game that will appeal to most fans of the genre but not all. The core essentials of a fighter are down, the button combos are solid, the power moves are fantastic. What Injustice accomplishes is making a fighter with tons of depth, but keeping the core mechanics simple enough for new comers, and fun enough for veterans of the genre. With that the selection of DC characters is great, and surprising the plot works well, it's nothing groundbreaking, it's thoroughly interesting and strings you along for the sum of it's parts. With that there are a few other single player modes; the classic battle mode progressing through about 11 characters, and objective missions. The multiplayer is good fun and doesn't require an online pass which while an odd sideline, is fantastic to hear from someone that lives with friends that also want to give it a try. To round out the positives, the characters look right, there's a pretty decent and often impressive voice cast, and environments are interact-able and nice. The only thing that halts Injustice from getting a higher score, is that it isn't anything we haven't seen before in a fighter and graphically it can be great to sub par. Those two gripes don't stop Injustice from being a terrific game that I'll be playing for awhile. If you're a DC fan, you'll love this game. Expand
  16. Apr 16, 2013
    I'll preface this review by admitting that I really think that Injustice deserves something closer to an 8, but with so many negative user reviews from inexperienced gamers new to the MK style of fighting, I decided to give it a much needed boost. Gods Among Us really did manage to surprise me. I bought the game fully expecting a reskinned Mortal Kombat 9 with a few added gimmicks, but toI'll preface this review by admitting that I really think that Injustice deserves something closer to an 8, but with so many negative user reviews from inexperienced gamers new to the MK style of fighting, I decided to give it a much needed boost. Gods Among Us really did manage to surprise me. I bought the game fully expecting a reskinned Mortal Kombat 9 with a few added gimmicks, but to my delight, I was wrong. Injustice is a fun, fast paced fighter that's packed with fan-service goodies. With no shortage of costumes, artwork, music, and more to unlock, you're unlikely to get bored by this game-- not to mention the unique gameplay. Make no mistake, Netherrealm's fingerprints are all over this game, but it is just different enough from the MK series to stand on its own as a solid title. Expand
  17. Apr 18, 2013
    Even though the story is simple and some of the fights are contrived, Injustice: Gods Among Us has enough content and fan service to keep you entertained for several hours.
  18. Aug 4, 2013
    Having played and loved the 2011 Mortal Kombat reboot, my expectations were already high for Injustice. Though I had mixed feelings about Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, I was still hopeful for Injustice. I was not disappointed. Having some of DC Comics' heroes and villains fighting each other has never been so much fun. The graphics are on par with the MK reboot, and the selection ofHaving played and loved the 2011 Mortal Kombat reboot, my expectations were already high for Injustice. Though I had mixed feelings about Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, I was still hopeful for Injustice. I was not disappointed. Having some of DC Comics' heroes and villains fighting each other has never been so much fun. The graphics are on par with the MK reboot, and the selection of characters are diverse. The controls are among the best I've encountered in a fighting game. Special moves and combos are easy to pull off and each character's super move is satisfying, though it would be nice if they had more than one. The story's really engaging, and there's plenty of content to unlock, everything from costumes to concept art. STAR Labs add different challenges akin to MK's Challenge Tower. Even arcade mode has variety with different ladders that do everything from limit super moves to have you fight the entire fighting roster with one life bar. In all, Injustice is one of the best fighting games I've played in this generation. Then again, I expected no less from the people who brought us Mortal Kombat. Expand
  19. May 4, 2013
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is a way of Netherrealm Studios' developers make money before launch a new Mortal Kombat, showing a game very similar but with own game-play. The plot of Injustice isn't very original, I saw a Justice League Unlimited episode with same plot, just changing the characters: Lois to Flash and Joker to Luthor, but yes, is a good game. The list of characters is veryInjustice: Gods Among Us is a way of Netherrealm Studios' developers make money before launch a new Mortal Kombat, showing a game very similar but with own game-play. The plot of Injustice isn't very original, I saw a Justice League Unlimited episode with same plot, just changing the characters: Lois to Flash and Joker to Luthor, but yes, is a good game. The list of characters is very strong, and the design of each fighter is very good, but the combos and special attacks make them unbalanced. The scenario interactivity is one of aspects that surprised me. In the end, if you want to buy Injustice, buy; if you want to spend less money in a game, wait a while and buy the complete version; if you like DC universe and fighting genre, this game was made for you.
    CAUTION: don't think you are good in MK you'll succeed in Injustice, both are very similar, but are different games.
  20. Apr 16, 2013
    A great battle system, spectacular scenarios and an interesting story make this game an awesome and pleasant surprise. DC Comics and fighting games fans won´t be disappointed.
  21. Apr 25, 2013
    awesome game love the fighting mechanics the screen transition are pretty good and it just isnt a reskin of mortal kombat far from it reccomend it to all fighting game lovers
  22. Apr 16, 2013
    Absolutely incredible. A worthy fighter from the creators of Mortal Kombat and filled with fan service. Great visuals for a fighting game, except in a couple of cutscenes the textures might be a little lackluster. Graphics don't make a fighting game, the gameplay does and does it deliver? Sure does. Every character has a personality of their own and require quite some time to master. BigAbsolutely incredible. A worthy fighter from the creators of Mortal Kombat and filled with fan service. Great visuals for a fighting game, except in a couple of cutscenes the textures might be a little lackluster. Graphics don't make a fighting game, the gameplay does and does it deliver? Sure does. Every character has a personality of their own and require quite some time to master. Big dudes like Bane feel like, well big dudes. They're slow and have a good weight to them. This of course is balanced by powerful attacks and special moves. The characters are very well detailed. The costumes are a mix of Comic books and Animated shows. There's so much to touch on but i really need to get back to play the game. If you're a DC comic book/Animated fan or a fighting game fan this game is a must buy. Kudos to the guys a Netherrealm and WB for giving us this amazing brawler. Expand
  23. Apr 23, 2013
    This game puts Marvel vs. Capcom to shame, and even Super SF4 as well...I know that's pretty bold, but this games is just too epic. The story mode ties all the characters together to make you play as most of them and makes you feel like your watching an DC Animated movie (which has a very intense plot)...There are also side challenges you can play as well to watch side stories ofThis game puts Marvel vs. Capcom to shame, and even Super SF4 as well...I know that's pretty bold, but this games is just too epic. The story mode ties all the characters together to make you play as most of them and makes you feel like your watching an DC Animated movie (which has a very intense plot)...There are also side challenges you can play as well to watch side stories of characters which actually helps you learn how to play the game better. Actually multiplayer feels kind of like Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat together. If you skill enough to pull a twenty hit combo, then believe me you are in for a epic surprise! Expand
  24. Apr 20, 2013
    Gods among us its a good game, but honestly it does feel somehow as same as MK! the game basic mechanism is just as same as MK, the changes and additional features are mostly into the parts where you perform special moves and stuff but the rest of the game feels pretty much as same as MK, the story is really good though and i really appreciate the story in this game as i did for MK. but iGods among us its a good game, but honestly it does feel somehow as same as MK! the game basic mechanism is just as same as MK, the changes and additional features are mostly into the parts where you perform special moves and stuff but the rest of the game feels pretty much as same as MK, the story is really good though and i really appreciate the story in this game as i did for MK. but i guess the gameplay needed more depth into it, i still like Mortal kombat way much more than this, but this is a very good game Expand
  25. Apr 17, 2013
    It's very, very good! I'm more a fan of the Mortal Kombat series, and a stronger Marvel fan than a DC fan. BUT Injustice does DC justice *bad pun, sorry*. Fantastic visuals, excellent sound, great roster line up (I'm a bit sad there's no Power Girl *DLC, DLC, DLC*) great story (although I'm sure die hard fans will moan.) Not to mention Injustice has probably got the nicest learning curveIt's very, very good! I'm more a fan of the Mortal Kombat series, and a stronger Marvel fan than a DC fan. BUT Injustice does DC justice *bad pun, sorry*. Fantastic visuals, excellent sound, great roster line up (I'm a bit sad there's no Power Girl *DLC, DLC, DLC*) great story (although I'm sure die hard fans will moan.) Not to mention Injustice has probably got the nicest learning curve of any fighting I have ever played. I haven't touched the Multiplayer and online aspects yet, but so far I am greatly impressed.

Like I said I am a bigger fan of MK so when I say this game is better than the Mortal Kombat reboot, that's saying something! If you have to own a fighting game, then make it this one!

Side Note: -
    DLC characters I would want to see eventually:
    - Powergirl
    - Supergirl
    - Darkseid
    - Zatanna
  26. Dec 7, 2013
    The best fightning game on the PC market at the moment, period.

Mechanics are flawless, thanks to Ed Boon, the co-creator of Mortal Kombat series, since 1992. The guys is one of the masters of this genre. The fights are so fluid, attractive, full of non-stop action; it includes all features a good arcade game needs. A ten outta ten. 10/10 Music and sound acting? Another strong aspect
    The best fightning game on the PC market at the moment, period.

Music and sound acting? Another strong aspect of this game. The cast has Troy Baker, which is the harbinger of exceptional work. Soundtrack job is done by Dean Grinsfelder, known for his achievements on some other Marvel cartoons; like X-Men, Hulk, and some good documentary stuff. Nice melodies and bashing effects to our ears. 9/10.

The visual art and the quality of graphics are just awesome. There's no FIGHTNING game looks better than this title at the market right now. So, 9/10 again.

The roster for playable characters are below my expectations honestly. Ed Boons states that, this is because of the effort for creating balanced chars with logical attributes that fits to their comic book nature. I can understand that. Your favorite DC Comics heroes are still there; Sups, Bats, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Joker, General Zod, Solomon Grundy and vice versa. 8/10 anyway.

Last, but not least, the multiplayer gameplay is above the standarts of Mortal Kombat 9, the previous title of Netherrealms. There are games out there, with better lag management than Injustice, but this game is at zenit in its category of fightning games. And the guys at Warner Bros are constantly watching the forums on Steam and their official board, taking the feedback from players at a serious level, and releasing patches nearly every week, to get the online action at the best level possible. The biggest visible problem was the empty rooms of lobbies, which was because of regional lock. Now they fixed it with the latest patch. This of effort of theirs, and the current status of the multiplayer deserves a 7,5/10.

As my last appeal, Injustice is the best fightning game on PC, and one of the best of its genre including all platforms like XBOX, PS. It's in the same league with Street Fighter 4, Tekken 6; trust me.

My final score in this critic for IGAUUE is 8.7/10. But I'm giving it a 10 here, to make sure that it gets closer to the point it deserves.
  27. Nov 8, 2013
    Do I really need to give a valid reason to BUY THIS GAME!? Well the story is breathtaking, the action is amazing, and the character frame animations are AAA quality!!! What's not to love. Another fighting game of the year! I just wished they added just a few more DC characters in here. Oh well... there is always MUGEN. Anyway....BUY IT TODAY!!!! Worth the $60!!! BUT....I lost some respectDo I really need to give a valid reason to BUY THIS GAME!? Well the story is breathtaking, the action is amazing, and the character frame animations are AAA quality!!! What's not to love. Another fighting game of the year! I just wished they added just a few more DC characters in here. Oh well... there is always MUGEN. Anyway....BUY IT TODAY!!!! Worth the $60!!! BUT....I lost some respect from Netherrealm studios when they decided to give us an ULTIMATE EDITION OF THE GAME??? Plus the game is lacking in basic modes and the constant dlc gouging for costumes! This game was a little disappointing because a lot fan requests for characters to be in the game WERE NEVER met. The game needed more than five dlc characters and characters SHOULD NEVER COST $5 EACH! It's fighting game of the year quality but much needed to be done with this game. Expand
  28. Apr 16, 2013
    I have been waiting for this game to come out for awhile. im a huge dc fan and a fan of mortal kombat and this is like a match made in heaven for me. every thing in this game is great. There is a lot of characters to choose from right out of the box and i just cant stop playing it.
  29. Apr 18, 2013
    Injustice provides the technical aspects that the hardcore fans love, the depth and longevity that casual fans love and throws in some new features and a cinematic game flow. Anyone who plays fighting games should be pretty impressed with Injustice.
  30. Apr 25, 2013
    BUY THIS GAME, its been 2 years since MK reboot came out, I loved that and still play it today, when I bought this I hoped it wasn't just a superhero reskin, but in fact this game brought the fighter back into light with its Wager system as well as focusing on combos instead of mashing buttons.

1. Jun 17, 2013
    If you’re not into your comic books then a lot of the games appeal might be lost, but for fans of the genre and DC, this is a match made in heaven.
  2. Jun 9, 2013
    A great fighting game, even if you aren't familiar with the characters of the DC Universe. The cut-scenes look terrible compared to the actual fights, but the fluid animations make up for this minor complaint. The online system is solid, and you really feel like a superhero when you pull of a great combo.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    May 22, 2013
    Great presentation and a wealth of content make up for technical shortcomings. [Issue#98, p.74]