7.9

1. Apr 16, 2013
    I am a casual fighter gamer, and picky about games. The tutorial has been very helpful. Graphics are fantastic, controls are great. Although I never could get the hang of several fighting games (including Mortal Kombat), Injustice collects the best aspects of the genre, and definitely aims for a wide audience. One minor nit: I wish the tutorial would demo the moves so you'd know what it looked like when correctly executed (ala Soul Calibur). Expand
  2. Apr 17, 2013
    INJUSTICE is one of the best fighting games ever! The team at Netherealms really outdid themselves with this one, there are so many cool concepts and systems that really help innovate and refine the fighting genre. I could go on but the Battles in this game feel and play epically and the online will keep you playing for a very long time.

My favourite character is Superman. Can't wait to
    throw down with Lobo once his DLC comes out! Expand
  3. May 9, 2013
    Injustice gods among us, is one awesome fighting game. I never have been a fighting game fan. I played mortal kombat and street fighter, even marvel versus capcom and enjoyed them allot,but after awhile I got bored with those titles and traded them in for other games to keep me busy. However the same cannot be said about injustice,this game is a masterpiece when it comes down to fighting games. I'm a huge DC Comics fan so seeing all my favorite characters go at it in amazing fights and great environments is a dream come true for any DC Comics fan. Great graphics and controls are here as well as a great story.the fighter roster is awesome as well. Allot of unlocks, and concept art is worth every second in game.the multiplayer does have its problems but those will be fixed soon and aren't game breaking.this is my top fighting game ever made.thanks DC Comics and Nether Realm studios for an amazing game that will stay in my game library for a looooong time. Expand
  4. Apr 16, 2013
    Great game
    With wide vast characters
    However I hope that the online does not include the problems of mortal kombat

I hope to get several DLC with more stories
  5. Jun 8, 2013
    Wonderful story and characters. Nothing to complain about. It's not revolutionary, but it's a perfection among the already-know current video-game fight systems. Buy it. You'll be happy. I guarantee. This is a game to be played for a long time with your friends!
  6. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is very good, I was blown away at all the content, If your a dc fan and mortal kombat fan than it is win win. They needed to throw in some brutal fatalitys lol, But you will not find a better fighting game out there right now.
  7. Apr 22, 2013
    The best fighting game since mortal kombat.
  8. Apr 18, 2013
    Fantastic fighting game with a bunch of bonus content. I wasn't much of a DC fan until I heard about this game and noe I love just about everything DC related. I'm not a huge fighting game fan but I can definately say this is one of my favorite games. I won't give this game a full 10 just because of a few minor reasons. One, I swear I've heard a few sounds recycled from Mortal Kombat (During Shazam's "Super Move"), and a few animation were earily similiar. Nothing anyone should get worked up about, just good to know though. Secondly the campaign is way short. I'm aware there's alot of content in the game but the story is easily beaten in a matter of hours. Other than that I've been having alot fun with Injustice: Gods Among Us and I'd definately reccomend it to fighting game fans and DC fans alike. Expand
  9. Apr 20, 2013
    The story of Injustice sends professional comic book writers back to school, while the controls and features in the actual gameplay are the best from Netherrealm Studios yet. Injustice is really the game DC fans have been waiting for, and instead of waiting for a new Mortal Kombat game as I usually am, I find myself yearning for a sequel to Injustice instead.
  10. Apr 16, 2013
    I now had few days (some stores don't care about the street-release-date, I guess) to check out the game and I have quite few positive things to say about it!
    As a comic book fan and a fighting game fan I was interested in the game from the very first beginning.
    So obviously I instantly bought it, when it got released and boy was that a good purchase.

Now keep in mind that your
    typical fighting game does not always offer you a lot of content. Very often it's all about the fighting and for the most part your only option is online play, if you desire to get the best out of the game.
    While Injustice offers you all that as well, it also offers just like MK9 before a TON of single player content. There is a long story mode with an interesting story over all. There are many minigames in the STAR Labs mode and even unlockables (yes, some games still do that).
    The tutorial mode is perfect for beginners and the amazing practice mode is even better.

The roster of the game consists out of 24 characters, while NRS (the developer of the game) is working on other characters to release them later on as additional DLC characters.
    Out of these 24 characters there are NO clones in the game. Every character has his own interesting playstyle. That all gets intensified by the character specific superpower that offers even more variety: Superman for example enters a rage mode, where he deals more damage and ignores armor from the enemies (armor lets them take few hits for free). Batman summons Bat-drones which he can use to attack the opponents and extend his combos. Joker parries the opponents attacks and collects HaHaHa's to gain speed and so on, and so on.
    The best thing about the roster is that nearly everyone has something dirty up to their sleeve. Every character is a threat and overall very viable, something you don't have very often in fighting games. In other fighting games you often have the characters who are so good that they overshadow everything else, while in Injustice it looks like quite a few character will be able to offer you the playing experience you wish for. But only time will tell if that will stay the same.

Many people were worried about the Netcode, but the Netcode got better. You might have some problems at the beginning, because I personally expect many people to pick the game up and their servers could have some problems right at the beginning, but from what I can tell so far the netcode is much better than the MK9 netcode, which means that you're online play will be less lag free and that is a huge plus.

Unfortunately Injustice does have some flaws:
    The graphics in the story mode for example are not the prettiest. They look like some last gen stuff at some parts. In the game itself, when you play Versus modes the graphics are simply amazing, surpassing even Soul Calibur 5 which was the prettiest fighting game until Injustice arrived at least in my eyes.

A different lackluster point is the actual story. There are some writing flaws, but you will think like that only if you're a hardcore comic book fan, who knows a lot about the actual characters and stuff in the comics, so that few things are quite: "What? That's so stupid!"

The music is also well, the game has a good soundtrack, but in my own personal opinion it's not the hypest soundtrack you can have for a fighting game. I'm pretty sure that I will put in my own music, to have even better fights.

I recommend this game to every fighting game fan out there (especially because it does many things much different and much better than Mortal Kombat 9) and the interactibles and the clash mode are a new, fresh addition to the genre.
    If you're into comic books be sure to pick the game up as well. The story as well the cameos of well known characters in the story and in the STAR Labs mode will be a highlight for you. I obviously don't need to tell you about the great cast itself.

I give this game 9 out of 10 points.

It's a great package overall.
    The only significant negative point about this game would be the unhype soundtrack of the game. Some might argue about some characters in the cast like for example Killer Frost and Ares who took the spots of more beloved charaters like Captain Cold and Circe, but that's nothing to take points away from the rating. I'm trying to be unbiased, when it comes to that and I hope you will be it as well. We still have DLC characters and maybe our favorites will make it into the game as well
  11. Apr 18, 2013
    This game represents the best of both DC Comics and the fighting genre. The game offers a huge amount of content with stage transitions, character powers, supermoves, interactive environments, Star Labs Missions, story mode and a fully formed online mode.
  12. Apr 16, 2013
    I'll preface this review by admitting that I really think that Injustice deserves something closer to an 8, but with so many negative user reviews from inexperienced gamers new to the MK style of fighting, I decided to give it a much needed boost. Gods Among Us really did manage to surprise me. I bought the game fully expecting a reskinned Mortal Kombat 9 with a few added gimmicks, but to my delight, I was wrong. Injustice is a fun, fast paced fighter that's packed with fan-service goodies. With no shortage of costumes, artwork, music, and more to unlock, you're unlikely to get bored by this game-- not to mention the unique gameplay. Make no mistake, Netherrealm's fingerprints are all over this game, but it is just different enough from the MK series to stand on its own as a solid title. Expand
  13. Aug 4, 2013
    Having played and loved the 2011 Mortal Kombat reboot, my expectations were already high for Injustice. Though I had mixed feelings about Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, I was still hopeful for Injustice. I was not disappointed. Having some of DC Comics' heroes and villains fighting each other has never been so much fun. The graphics are on par with the MK reboot, and the selection of characters are diverse. The controls are among the best I've encountered in a fighting game. Special moves and combos are easy to pull off and each character's super move is satisfying, though it would be nice if they had more than one. The story's really engaging, and there's plenty of content to unlock, everything from costumes to concept art. STAR Labs add different challenges akin to MK's Challenge Tower. Even arcade mode has variety with different ladders that do everything from limit super moves to have you fight the entire fighting roster with one life bar. In all, Injustice is one of the best fighting games I've played in this generation. Then again, I expected no less from the people who brought us Mortal Kombat. Expand
  14. Apr 16, 2013
    A great battle system, spectacular scenarios and an interesting story make this game an awesome and pleasant surprise. DC Comics and fighting games fans won´t be disappointed.
  15. Apr 25, 2013
    awesome game love the fighting mechanics the screen transition are pretty good and it just isnt a reskin of mortal kombat far from it reccomend it to all fighting game lovers
  16. Apr 16, 2013
    Absolutely incredible. A worthy fighter from the creators of Mortal Kombat and filled with fan service. Great visuals for a fighting game, except in a couple of cutscenes the textures might be a little lackluster. Graphics don't make a fighting game, the gameplay does and does it deliver? Sure does. Every character has a personality of their own and require quite some time to master. Big dudes like Bane feel like, well big dudes. They're slow and have a good weight to them. This of course is balanced by powerful attacks and special moves. The characters are very well detailed. The costumes are a mix of Comic books and Animated shows. There's so much to touch on but i really need to get back to play the game. If you're a DC comic book/Animated fan or a fighting game fan this game is a must buy. Kudos to the guys a Netherrealm and WB for giving us this amazing brawler. Expand
  17. Apr 23, 2013
    This game puts Marvel vs. Capcom to shame, and even Super SF4 as well...I know that's pretty bold, but this games is just too epic. The story mode ties all the characters together to make you play as most of them and makes you feel like your watching an DC Animated movie (which has a very intense plot)...There are also side challenges you can play as well to watch side stories of characters which actually helps you learn how to play the game better. Actually multiplayer feels kind of like Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat together. If you skill enough to pull a twenty hit combo, then believe me you are in for a epic surprise! Expand
  18. Apr 17, 2013
    It's very, very good! I'm more a fan of the Mortal Kombat series, and a stronger Marvel fan than a DC fan. BUT Injustice does DC justice *bad pun, sorry*. Fantastic visuals, excellent sound, great roster line up (I'm a bit sad there's no Power Girl *DLC, DLC, DLC*) great story (although I'm sure die hard fans will moan.) Not to mention Injustice has probably got the nicest learning curve of any fighting I have ever played. I haven't touched the Multiplayer and online aspects yet, but so far I am greatly impressed.

Like I said I am a bigger fan of MK so when I say this game is better than the Mortal Kombat reboot, that's saying something! If you have to own a fighting game, then make it this one!

Side Note: -
    DLC characters I would want to see eventually:
    - Powergirl
    - Supergirl
    - Darkseid
    - Zatanna
  19. Dec 7, 2013
    The best fightning game on the PC market at the moment, period.

Mechanics are flawless, thanks to Ed Boon, the co-creator of Mortal Kombat series, since 1992. The guys is one of the masters of this genre. The fights are so fluid, attractive, full of non-stop action; it includes all features a good arcade game needs. A ten outta ten. 10/10

Music and sound acting? Another strong aspect
    of this game. The cast has Troy Baker, which is the harbinger of exceptional work. Soundtrack job is done by Dean Grinsfelder, known for his achievements on some other Marvel cartoons; like X-Men, Hulk, and some good documentary stuff. Nice melodies and bashing effects to our ears. 9/10.

The visual art and the quality of graphics are just awesome. There's no FIGHTNING game looks better than this title at the market right now. So, 9/10 again.

The roster for playable characters are below my expectations honestly. Ed Boons states that, this is because of the effort for creating balanced chars with logical attributes that fits to their comic book nature. I can understand that. Your favorite DC Comics heroes are still there; Sups, Bats, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Joker, General Zod, Solomon Grundy and vice versa. 8/10 anyway.

Last, but not least, the multiplayer gameplay is above the standarts of Mortal Kombat 9, the previous title of Netherrealms. There are games out there, with better lag management than Injustice, but this game is at zenit in its category of fightning games. And the guys at Warner Bros are constantly watching the forums on Steam and their official board, taking the feedback from players at a serious level, and releasing patches nearly every week, to get the online action at the best level possible. The biggest visible problem was the empty rooms of lobbies, which was because of regional lock. Now they fixed it with the latest patch. This of effort of theirs, and the current status of the multiplayer deserves a 7,5/10.

As my last appeal, Injustice is the best fightning game on PC, and one of the best of its genre including all platforms like XBOX, PS. It's in the same league with Street Fighter 4, Tekken 6; trust me.

My final score in this critic for IGAUUE is 8.7/10. But I'm giving it a 10 here, to make sure that it gets closer to the point it deserves.
  20. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is great for any fighting game fan. I never really cared about DC comics, but that hardly matters. As a fan of UMvC3, MK9, and SSF4, I felt right at home playing Injustice. Character roster isn't very large, but the character diversity is some of the best I have ever seen. Characters are pretty well balanced, not perfect but that is inevitable. Kind of bummed that there is no 2 player tag battle anymore. Story mode was a good cinematic experience, lasted about 3 hours which is just long enough to keep me interested and make sure I wasn't bored of playing it. The game really shines in its online. The netcode is solid, although not as good as SSF4, it is way better than MK9 or UMvC3. I rarely run into bad connections online. The game is very hardcore though, so if you are a casual or if this is your first serious fighting game prepare to get your ass handed to you online, or even near the end of the story mode. Expand
  21. Apr 20, 2013
    An fighting game about DC Comics with the style from Mortal Kombat? That's so freaking awesome This game is great in very ways, they build the characters all different from each other, the interaction with the scenario is far great guys I can't stop playing this game the multiplayer for our surprises IT'S GREAT TOO! just like the S.T.A.R.S. Labs!!!!
  22. Apr 16, 2013
    I have been waiting for this game to come out for awhile. im a huge dc fan and a fan of mortal kombat and this is like a match made in heaven for me. every thing in this game is great. There is a lot of characters to choose from right out of the box and i just cant stop playing it.
  23. Apr 18, 2013
    Injustice provides the technical aspects that the hardcore fans love, the depth and longevity that casual fans love and throws in some new features and a cinematic game flow. Anyone who plays fighting games should be pretty impressed with Injustice.
  24. Apr 25, 2013
    BUY THIS GAME, its been 2 years since MK reboot came out, I loved that and still play it today, when I bought this I hoped it wasn't just a superhero reskin, but in fact this game brought the fighter back into light with its Wager system as well as focusing on combos instead of mashing buttons.
  25. Apr 16, 2013
    I am not the best fighting game player in the world but I have given many of the big ones a try, marvel vs. capcom, tekken, the last mortal kombat. They were all very entertaining but so far this one has its hooks in the deepest from the get go. Maybe its because of the fan service they give for the DC fans but its more then that, it has neat moves and each player feels authentic and original. Its definitely easier than virtua fighter but that furthers its appeal I don't have to wish for an extra extremity or 6th digit to compete with the 7 year old that handing my @ss to me. So far I am enjoying it and most importantly I don't feel like I have been ripped off. Expand
  26. Apr 16, 2013
    As a big DC fan, this game pushes all the right buttons. With an excellent fighting system, and great fan service, Injustice is a must for DC fans.
  27. Apr 21, 2013
    Best fighter of the year, a lot of in depth mechanics and a ground breaking fighting experience. Lacking in certain extras and online modes along with a small rolster and repetitive ultimate moves. Overall though, this is a intense DC lineup with much to love with epic battles of your favourite characters!
  28. Apr 28, 2013
    pretty awesome game as a whole, im a hardcore dc fan so i was just happy to get a game involving many of the dc universe characters in a game, this makes me hungrier for a justice league movie, the fights were genuinely impressive and some of the special moves left me in complete awe, the cut-scenes were a bit rough and the nether realm servers are a pain
  29. Apr 16, 2013
    One step above mortal combat in every way, super fun. Having all of the dc characters, with different abilities just expands the gameplay beyond that I could of imagined.
  30. Apr 16, 2013
    My real score would be an 8.5 but with someone giving this game a horrible score and commenting on how the graphics are dog poop, I just have to balance that out. The fighting is actually pretty deep, definitely more involved than MK9 which I loved. I think MK is more fun than Injustice but I can't fault Injustice for that because they give you a nice single player campaign and the S.T.A.R. Lab missions are also a nice thing to have when you don't feel like going at it in the online arena. Some characters needed to be balanced but the fact that they all play pretty differently shows the devs cared about what they were doing. Expand

1. Jun 17, 2013
    If you’re not into your comic books then a lot of the games appeal might be lost, but for fans of the genre and DC, this is a match made in heaven.
  2. Jun 9, 2013
    A great fighting game, even if you aren't familiar with the characters of the DC Universe. The cut-scenes look terrible compared to the actual fights, but the fluid animations make up for this minor complaint. The online system is solid, and you really feel like a superhero when you pull of a great combo.
  3. May 22, 2013
    Great presentation and a wealth of content make up for technical shortcomings. [Issue#98, p.74]