7.9

1. Jul 27, 2014
    watchout mortal kombat, a new developer is about to show you a better game.this is another mediocre marvel game with a weird a** third person camera angle, or is it first person view of the audience. all you have to do is button mash and roll a die to win. ive won before by clicking the start button over and over again. and you cant even use spiderman or tris prior (she would kick ass). spiderman made a cameo in the background of stryker island, but other than that, all you have to do is be hawkeye and shoot arrows to win (and they made hawkeye green...total ripoff of terrel dickson and katniss everdeen. seriously marvel?). its still my fav game though besides shrek go kart and mnm go kart. Expand
  2. May 29, 2014
    As one of the(if not the most) fighting fans out there i just loved this game,it has got every thing that i want:Beautiful graphics? Check, Great characters? Check, And finally: easy to learn hard to master controls? Check. There is an immerse soundtrack that really makes you wanna fight. And i personally think that every character is equal in this game. The story is very original, i don't want to spoil it down here for you but you will be shocked by the way NetherRealm Studios treated superman. Expand
  3. Apr 21, 2014
    this game was awesome, but not quite as good as I wanted it to be. It reminded me of mortal kombat, but slightly more polished, and instead of fatalities you had these super moves that were pretty badass, but of course I prefer fatalities. and the story started off pretty good, but ended anticlimactically. fun game, preferred mortal kombat though.
  4. Mar 14, 2014
    ive been collecting comics for about a year now. this game is amazing in every way, although there are some flaws like all games have. but these are minor. i personally find it annoying to always pause the game to figure out how to do a move that souns cool but its quite useless. that is the only reason im not giving this game a 10.
  5. Jan 9, 2014
    What can i say first that wont make me sound like a geek, this game has a bunch of the best DC characters in the universe. Injustice gods among us is the next fighting game from Netherrelm Studios the developers of the excellent Mortal Kombat reboot of 2011. What i enjoy most about this developer is that Netherrelm bothers to include an actual story, and the story here in this game is a blast, its action packed, well voice acted with a good soundtrack and special congratulations to Kevin Conroy the voice of batman, he was my favorite. Here is a short summary of the story, first off yes it is a multiverse story taking place in two dimensions, but it starts off with Joker has detonated a nuclear device in the heart of Metropolis by having superman kill lois Lane with the detonator linked to her heart beat and when lois died the bomb went off. Now you ask how did Joker get superman to kill the woman he loved, well scarecrow uses his fear toxins to drug superman into thinking he was fighting doomsday, then when pushed to the edge during questioning Superman just murders the joker despite batman's protest. This paves the way to Superman becoming a dictator of his world. Then it jumps back to the other universe where batman is heading to Arkham to find Joker but instead is greeted by death stroke, defeating him then goes to the Justice Leagues base to only uncover Joker in Metropolis about to detonate a nuclear device given to him by Lex Luthor. So Batman goes to face Joker but in the heat of the battle some weird thing happens and Batman along with Joker and a couple of other heroes such as Aquaman, Green Lantern and wonder woman, they get transported into a parallel universe the one i mentioned at the beginning where Superman murders the joker. What results from there is that the heroes and Joker realize that this isn't their world, and that they are hunted by a tyranical Superman they try to find out what is going on, and how to fight Superman's regime. Trust me this story is well worth the ride because the stakes are constantly raised to epic proportions, with some shocking team up like Death stroke and Cyborg. Now lets get to the games positives, as i said the story is well written and voice acted with a good supporting soundtrack. Now lets get down tot he fighting mechanics, it is the best in its genre, you have a bounce cancel dash system to break in and extend combos, you have environmental based attacks like knocking a character into another section of a level, you have a new wager class system where you bet an amount of your characters power meter to win a clash and a chance at dealing extra damage and regaining a bit of health. Also just like most fighting games you have a super meter to where to you can either use to supercharge you special attacks or save it all to perform a massive super that does a lot of damage. Also the combo layout has a light medium and heavy attacks with the 4th triggering a character trait that seems unique to each character, my personal favorite one is doomsday's where it gives him temporarily a strong protective coating that soaks a lot of damage. Also the unlocks you gain as you level up, like access cards, and armory keys tot he hall of justice where you can purchase things like concept art and alternate characters costumes three of my favorites are Bane Regime, Raven Regime, and Joker Insurgency. Also the using a modified version of unreal the graphics are fantastic to the point of during a fight you actually feel like you are watching and participating in a fight with two deadly superheroes or the classic villain versus hero. There are also tons of stuff happening int the environmental background, and the lighting works really well where if a character is wearing armor and say you are standing in a spot light it actually looks like light is shining off of the armor. In my opinion there is better extra content then in mortal kombat because, you have a list of challenges that put different spins on battles like Mirror Match where at the beginning of each fight the game selects a character and you fight as that character and so does the ai. Also there is a big massive challenge mode called star labs missions where each of the 24 characters on the roster has 10 missions unique to them, and there is about over 200 of these missions some of them difficult to three star. One other positive is that the fight combos themselves flow really smooth when performed, and there is an extensive tutorial mode to teach you everything you need to know. Now there are just two negatives i found with the game and they are not with glitches or framerate those are fine but there is no tag team mode like in mortal Kombat plus while the story is good multiverse stories have been done before but none of these two issues really bothered me enough to deduct anything from the score, so i recommend this game to anyone who likes fighting games, or the DC characters or if you like blockbuster stories Expand
  6. Dec 26, 2013
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is a great fighter for all players. Whether casual or hardcore, this game appeals to a wide audience. The combat can be simple, or full of depth if you'd like. Plus, the DC characters are a lot of fun to play with.
  7. Dec 7, 2013
    The best fightning game on the PC market at the moment, period.

Mechanics are flawless, thanks to Ed Boon, the co-creator of Mortal Kombat series, since 1992. The guys is one of the masters of this genre. The fights are so fluid, attractive, full of non-stop action; it includes all features a good arcade game needs. A ten outta ten. 10/10

Music and sound acting? Another strong aspect
    of this game. The cast has Troy Baker, which is the harbinger of exceptional work. Soundtrack job is done by Dean Grinsfelder, known for his achievements on some other Marvel cartoons; like X-Men, Hulk, and some good documentary stuff. Nice melodies and bashing effects to our ears. 9/10.

The visual art and the quality of graphics are just awesome. There's no FIGHTNING game looks better than this title at the market right now. So, 9/10 again.

The roster for playable characters are below my expectations honestly. Ed Boons states that, this is because of the effort for creating balanced chars with logical attributes that fits to their comic book nature. I can understand that. Your favorite DC Comics heroes are still there; Sups, Bats, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Joker, General Zod, Solomon Grundy and vice versa. 8/10 anyway.

Last, but not least, the multiplayer gameplay is above the standarts of Mortal Kombat 9, the previous title of Netherrealms. There are games out there, with better lag management than Injustice, but this game is at zenit in its category of fightning games. And the guys at Warner Bros are constantly watching the forums on Steam and their official board, taking the feedback from players at a serious level, and releasing patches nearly every week, to get the online action at the best level possible. The biggest visible problem was the empty rooms of lobbies, which was because of regional lock. Now they fixed it with the latest patch. This of effort of theirs, and the current status of the multiplayer deserves a 7,5/10.

As my last appeal, Injustice is the best fightning game on PC, and one of the best of its genre including all platforms like XBOX, PS. It's in the same league with Street Fighter 4, Tekken 6; trust me.

My final score in this critic for IGAUUE is 8.7/10. But I'm giving it a 10 here, to make sure that it gets closer to the point it deserves.
  8. Nov 8, 2013
    Do I really need to give a valid reason to BUY THIS GAME!? Well the story is breathtaking, the action is amazing, and the character frame animations are AAA quality!!! What's not to love. Another fighting game of the year! I just wished they added just a few more DC characters in here. Oh well... there is always MUGEN. Anyway....BUY IT TODAY!!!! Worth the $60!!! BUT....I lost some respect from Netherrealm studios when they decided to give us an ULTIMATE EDITION OF THE GAME??? Plus the game is lacking in basic modes and the constant dlc gouging for costumes! This game was a little disappointing because a lot fan requests for characters to be in the game WERE NEVER met. The game needed more than five dlc characters and characters SHOULD NEVER COST $5 EACH! It's fighting game of the year quality but much needed to be done with this game. Expand
  9. Sep 14, 2013
    Bought it for the Xbox 360. The game is amazing. I love these kinds of fighting games. I love those graphics, scenery. Mainly the characters. Those power effects were all well defined. It's like playing a massive 3D fighting game. I mostly love to play Batman in this game.
  10. Aug 31, 2013
    The game's "campaign" mode was great! Had some very good voice acting but had a rather simple story.

I am no expert in fighting games but I do know the basic of how to pull combos off however I wasn't a big fan of how the controls where such as you have to move back to block moves which takes a lot of practice, If it had a simple one button blocking system like in Mortal Kombat 2011
    then that would've been fine for me.

I also found the online just too laggy so I couldn't play a lot of decent games but it is good fun when you can get some friends around to play it.
  11. Aug 18, 2013
    What surprises me about this game, is the fact that it haves an even better story mode than the previous MK9 game, what I thought that wouldn't be possible. It's kinda short compared to MK9, but this time it feels even more like a movie to me, with some really epic moments, especially on the two last chapters, and it still has tons of content outside of that.
    To begin with, the combat
    system is way improved over the previous game. Combos and special attacks are all easier to do, I just wish they hadn't make the defense system in this game similar to the Street Fighter games, but that's ok, and the option to highlight special attacks so you can aways see how to use 'em in the middle of the battle, is just genius. Also, this game has the most scenario interaction that i've ever seen in any fighting game. Some scenarios have outstanding 4 or 5 interactable objects in it, and 2 or even 3 scenario changes, where you use a strong attack to throw your opponent out of the stage into another one, dealing tons of damage and executing a cool animation, the only problem with those, is that they deal TOO MUCH DAMAGE, seriously, i've seen some mad combos that deal 80% percent of damage at once, and that gotta be nerfed, but not only that.
    And this takes us to the second biggest problem of the game, the over-powered characters, starting with the trigger-happy ones. Since the evade option in this game is way shorter than the SF games or even MK9, characters with long-range attacks seens to aways have advantages over the close combat ones. Seriously, go a PVP match against Deathstroke or the Joker and you will know what I'm talking about. And not only that, but you also have some close combat characters that are OP too, and this happens because of two main problems: Or they are just too fast or deal too much damage, or their unique ability is too unfair, I'll explain.
    In this game, you have one button dedicated only too use your character special ability, that variates between characters. Batman can call forth a wake of bats to protect him or strike the opponent, Lex Luthor can create a shield to defend him from the opponent's next attack, and some characters like Nightwing can change between fighting styles when the player press that button. It works fine for some, but for anothers, it gets a little unfair. This could be less worse if the game allowed you to choose 2 characters per match, but it doesn't, which just doesn't make any sense. This is a perfect game to have 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3 matches, but it doesn't, with no reason.
    I would say that Injustice is somewhat of a mixed bag, but it has far more good content than bad content. It has tons of extra content for you to unlock, that goes from costumes, to stage music, and some really cool concept art, hell, it even has daily challenges that give you secret costumes, like John Stewart Green Lantern or Exterminator Superman. Every week the game receives an update from the developers, gaining new content through DLC's or the online challenges, there are already 6 new characters released via DLC, and 2 are yet to come, and TONS of alternate costumes also. For all this content, your money is well worth it.
  12. Aug 9, 2013
    I really like this game I played the mortal kombat which in my option is a good game there is 1 big flaw that I have with the game it is very low on gameplay in the story it only clocks in at about 5 hours but still I think the game is very fantastic and it is superb on every level except for the campaign go out and buy it.
  13. Aug 4, 2013
    Having played and loved the 2011 Mortal Kombat reboot, my expectations were already high for Injustice. Though I had mixed feelings about Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, I was still hopeful for Injustice. I was not disappointed. Having some of DC Comics' heroes and villains fighting each other has never been so much fun. The graphics are on par with the MK reboot, and the selection of characters are diverse. The controls are among the best I've encountered in a fighting game. Special moves and combos are easy to pull off and each character's super move is satisfying, though it would be nice if they had more than one. The story's really engaging, and there's plenty of content to unlock, everything from costumes to concept art. STAR Labs add different challenges akin to MK's Challenge Tower. Even arcade mode has variety with different ladders that do everything from limit super moves to have you fight the entire fighting roster with one life bar. In all, Injustice is one of the best fighting games I've played in this generation. Then again, I expected no less from the people who brought us Mortal Kombat. Expand
  14. Jul 12, 2013
    Story mode is pretty good, it keeps you entertained. Unique and polished fighting mechanics, tons of extra content, king of the hill online and move sets from the characters feel appropriate and accurate. The only thing wrong with it is the lack of tutorial for newbies.
  15. Jul 9, 2013
    If you are looking for a fun fighting-style game that you can not only play with a good friend, but you can play with your younger cousin, this game is a great pick. Not only did this game feel like the Classic Mortal Kombat, but it was lowered down to a T rating so that younger kids could enjoy it. Now, I know to older kids, the loss of blood and gore in a Mortal Kombat style game can be disappointing, but taking that away was a genius business venture that is making the game sell far more copies by expanding the market, so can you really blame them? That is just my personal opinion however. To a seasoned super hero fan, it was nice to have a game in which they feature a lot of the awesome DC Characters, and Aqua Man FINALLY DIDN'T SUCK! Anyone who knows anything about DC can appreciate that fact. The game had an OK plot, but I really don't think this game is to be purchased for the plot. This game is one of those games where you may play the campaign in order to get better at it, but you really only own it as a game to play whenever friends come over. Have no friends? That's Okay! The plot may not be that great, but if you really don't know much about DC, the plot is still good enough to keep your attention, and even if you ignore it, you can draw a face on a pillow, Set that pillow on the sofa next to you, buy a second controller to give to the pillow, and force yourself to believe that the character you are fighting is your new best friend you have over, Pillow. Now, if this method gives you long term mental issues, I deeply apologize. I just wanted you to have a friend. Expand
  16. Jul 4, 2013
    I've never been a big fighting game fan other than dead or alive 4. But this one is great with great fighters cool combos and the levels make for some crazy scenes. I suggest it to anyone that likes fighting games or is interested at all with the genre it's an all around great fighter.
  17. Jul 3, 2013
    It is a fun game, but nothing groundbreaking and very short with nothing very interesting to do after the story is complete. The best bit of the game is to be able to play as DC heroes, probably the only reason I picked this up because I'm not a fan of brawling games, but this is a good game with a strange story line though.
  18. Jun 27, 2013
    Injustice single player campaign is brilliant, I throughly enjoyed myself. But when it came to multiplayer there's far to many noobs on it and it sucks! I don't think I'll be going on injustice anymore. Also it's one of those games where you play it for a week, and then it'll be on the shelf gathering dust.
  19. Jun 22, 2013
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is a great fighting game with a lot of new ideas in it. For example: the new stage intractables you can use and the new stage transitions you where you can launch your competitor across the arena. It is a great game but the reason it does not get a solid 10 is because I felt that the story mode was to short and could have been better, like the cut seen graphics did not seem to be like a 2013 game. But overall Netherrealm did a great job and I hope they have an Injustice sequel! Expand
  20. Jun 22, 2013
    The whole game I felt like I was playing an animation of the Justice League, which is really cool because I loved the animation, the look cartoonish combos individual characters, the voice acting, and especially the story make this game a game difente the rest of your style and one of the most fun, but not all flowers, sometimes when you're playing a character gets weaker through repetitive or monotonous, but fortunately only played 3 or 4 fights with them, and returned to the best-known heroes, the graphs also leave a bit to be desired, but in the end are satisfattórios, but these points can be set aside because after all this is a result to celebrate both for fans of fighting games as addicted to comics. Expand
  21. Jun 21, 2013
    A great fighting game that took a step away from the generic mortal kombat gameplay and something a little bit more original but its still not perfect. The story was a bit disappointing and star labs missions have lots of flaws but this is still a great game
  22. Jun 16, 2013
    A decently done fighter pitting characters of the DC Universe against each other. With well done controllers, amusing stage transitions, planet-sized ultimate moves, and unique abilities for characters, this game does pretty well. As far as a fighting game goes though, the ultimate moves and scene transitions are a bit too flashy (although good for the characters/comic book sense) and combos boil down into just a few strings per characters, although most moves may have a use. A decent game to pick up and bored when you want to beat up Superman as your favorite DC hero. Expand
  23. Jun 12, 2013
    this game is a fantastic buy for all mortal kombat/ dc lovers out there just a little on the short side so play thought it twice to get your moneys worth
  24. Jun 11, 2013
    I will get right into it I love the game I was a fan I am a fan and I waited for it to release same day I purchased. Simply put it's a downloadable game, I kind of don't like that,also the clipping, the screen tears, and the frame rate that the game runs in, Feels very outdated.(choppy choppy gameplay). You remember two world's 1 right!? Lol.. Okay the zombies are not zombies! Zombies are not track stars. And they should not be faster than the survivors, This was a terrible Decision to me. The edge with zombies is that there is a lot of them. They don't need to run so damn fast. You get bit by a zombie and you don't turn into a zombie. Very stupid! The zombies are way too hard to kill and it seems as if there are not enough resources, They completely ignored the fun factor! Sure it's an open world but who's going to run the risk of permanent death exploring that open world!? Please update and upgrade the game,.. there is so much more they could've done.. Why no vantage points? Why no safe areas? Why no weapon upgrades no armor? You should be able to completely fortify your home.. There should be more reasons to leave the home.. Lighting why can't you put down lanterns or burning torches? Why no online play? The control factor alone stinks!! I find myself constantly overshooting or under shooting When steering a vehicle. The games not all bad the novelty is still there and I have played every day since the release. Being able to completely rid an area of zombies should be possible. Set a house on fire and it doesn't catch on fire. Stupid AI at times. Zombies perception much to extreme. The upgrade menu, The general menu, Quite confusing.( Building upgrading) fort building Not learner friendly. Clippy gameplay. MY NUMBER ONE PROBLEM THAT I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DID THIS IS WEAPON RELOAD TIME!! Wth!!! I guess some of the good points are it's a new zombie game But it's nothing that we haven't played or done before..it's okay But I'm thinking at this point in time the frame rate at least Should be up-to-date Expand
  25. Jun 11, 2013
    Punching people into space has never been so much fun. Very fun and with the exception of some charcters *COUGH* Deathstroke, very balanced as well. Really dont know why they added Scorpian as dlc, as it is very similar to MK9 in the first place, but it is a very solid fighter, with many new and innovative systems e.g. the amount of lines in the clash system is unreal "You fight like my grandma!" "You fought your grandma?!" XD Expand
  26. Jun 8, 2013
    Wonderful story and characters. Nothing to complain about. It's not revolutionary, but it's a perfection among the already-know current video-game fight systems. Buy it. You'll be happy. I guarantee. This is a game to be played for a long time with your friends!
  27. Jun 5, 2013
    Easily the best fighting game experience I have ever had. It's full of great, diverse characters (with more on the way in DLC), interesting, multi-tiered and interactive environments and great easter eggs and fan service to hardcore comic fans like myself. The controls and combo timing is great for both hardcore fighters and more casual ones, as it took my friends very little time to catch up to a skill level where I didn't feel like I was being an oppressive combo master just because I played the game before they did. Definitely worth the money and though the campaign is short there is a tremendous amount of fun stuff to do with the challenge tower and S.T.A.R. Labs features. Expand
  28. Jun 2, 2013
    I'm struggling to find things wrong with this game. I came into Injustice having never played a fighting game before, and within minutes I was slinging combos and destroying my opponents effortlessly (albeit on Medium difficulty).

The story mode was good fun, and it was interesting to see how all the characters' story arcs intertwined, although it was a bit short.

Even if you have
    never played a fighting game before, and like awesome super heroes, I recommend Injustice. Expand
  29. May 27, 2013
    I am usually not a big fan of fighting games. Most likely because I am not good at them. But something keeps making me go back to this game. Maybe it is the comic heroes that I grew up with? Or the fun STAR labs? These are just some of the great things that injustice does. It caters to the casual gamer as well as the more experienced. I have had a great time playing this game. The only downfall is no tag team. Expand
  30. May 22, 2013
    There were a lot of ideas put into this game and they are quite clever but not necessary. The game feels like a DC comic and everything seems very well detailed which was really good. Unfortunately i did not enjoy the game for many reasons.

Many characters are either over/under powered which is a huge flaw in this game. It is definitely more annoying when playing online as they use the
    same over powered move over and over again. It seems almost impossible to beat a few characters because of their overpowered specials.

Training mode is pitiful. Usually you would be able to see how a certain combo is done but this game makes it more complicated for beginners to learn how they are preformed. I'm a fighting game enthusiast and i will admit that the combos are difficult to put together. Nether could have simply made it as easy as MK9

Online connection is just as worse as it was in MK. Many others and I have difficulty playing a decent game with no lag or without the server crashing down.

If one can look past these issues then this is definitely the game for you.
  31. May 22, 2013
    As a fighting game enthusiast, i have enjoyed this game a lot. It seems the community has received this game with open arms, the net hasn't given me problems yet, the fighting is fluid, the graphics are amazing, the levels are extremely well designed, and the interactible objects and stages give us a new way to strategize the attacks. my only problem with it has been that when people get disconnected or even rage quit during player or rank matches it gives you a loss for it, and there seems to be A LOT of rage quitters. I'm hoping Netherealms studios fixes this problems soon for it is kinda staining the game. other than that, i think the game is amazing and anyone who loves super heroes or loves fighting games should definatly give it a try Expand
  32. May 19, 2013
    this game is definitely up there for my top games and being a fighter game that means something. the character roster was amazing all though some such as killer frost, bane, and Harley Quinn did'nt fit in with better known characters. the story lacked a sense of suspense with them coming out and telling you whats happening with the different dimensions. Overall the story is well done in capturing an evil superman. the gameplay would be above all if not for level transitions taking 30% of your health. Overall this is a must buy game Expand
  33. May 16, 2013
    Now after the warm response Neather Realms, Mortal Kombat received it was only time until they released another game, this in turn became Injustice. After the early few hours of just simple versus, attempting to play a range of characters to get a feel for a range of styles of fighters, it had already became clear that a majority of the fighters i wouldn't use due to a mix of personal taste and lack of variety, how the games mechanics made it so most fighters were equal yet you couldn't help but feel the heavy hitters within the DC universe are alot more catered for.

Ed Boon creative lead at Neather famed for his over use of violence, within the series. It felt that this was lost with a strange after damage effect which made rather no sense, understandably this marketed at a young audience yet it felt they tried to meet at a sort of middle ground which failed and just looked bad.

The online is ether the games saving grace or its biggest flaw, which mostly depends up on the your internet connection, mostly due to the sensitive ping issues.

The strange levelling system seems pointless as the limited costumes and no unlockable characters, gives little incentive to play beyond a single play through of the single player. The story mode however fun seems abit predicable and due to the writers fear of killing of characters, also became abit tame and the repetitive nature of fighting the same bad guys became boring.

To summarise Injustice is fun solo or with a group, answering those superhero themed fight questions that have plagued many a gamers/comic readers conversations. Yet with little unlockable content and repetitive super moves, the fun element begins to quickly disappear.

INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US: SPECIAL EDITION: RED SON EDITION- £42.99- 4/10
    Now additional DLC, seems to be the only focus of this edition of the game with three costumes and twenty missions. The steel-book is the only worth of purchase and the box art is no different to the original apart from the three costumes on the back, its a very lack luster purchase and the content will most likely be released on a later date.
  34. SFJ
    May 9, 2013
    injustice goods among us is a great fighter game that looks and plays a bit like mortal kombat 9. It was fun to play and there are new fighting stuff such as beating your opponent through the arena to another arena. All superheroes and supervillains have their own super moves and combos as the most fighter games! Story mode is very good, it's exciting and fans of DC heroes will like it! The only thing that is a little shame is that it is dc but feels like mortal kombat i like it and do you like mortal kombat and dc heroes then you will not forget this game, buy it now it gets a 8/10 because it's a little lac of content and special stuff and it feels like kortal kombat but otherwise it's fun Expand
  35. May 9, 2013
    Injustice gods among us, is one awesome fighting game. I never have been a fighting game fan. I played mortal kombat and street fighter, even marvel versus capcom and enjoyed them allot,but after awhile I got bored with those titles and traded them in for other games to keep me busy. However the same cannot be said about injustice,this game is a masterpiece when it comes down to fighting games. I'm a huge DC Comics fan so seeing all my favorite characters go at it in amazing fights and great environments is a dream come true for any DC Comics fan. Great graphics and controls are here as well as a great story.the fighter roster is awesome as well. Allot of unlocks, and concept art is worth every second in game.the multiplayer does have its problems but those will be fixed soon and aren't game breaking.this is my top fighting game ever made.thanks DC Comics and Nether Realm studios for an amazing game that will stay in my game library for a looooong time. Expand
  36. May 4, 2013
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is a way of Netherrealm Studios' developers make money before launch a new Mortal Kombat, showing a game very similar but with own game-play. The plot of Injustice isn't very original, I saw a Justice League Unlimited episode with same plot, just changing the characters: Lois to Flash and Joker to Luthor, but yes, is a good game. The list of characters is very strong, and the design of each fighter is very good, but the combos and special attacks make them unbalanced. The scenario interactivity is one of aspects that surprised me. In the end, if you want to buy Injustice, buy; if you want to spend less money in a game, wait a while and buy the complete version; if you like DC universe and fighting genre, this game was made for you.
    CAUTION: don't think you are good in MK you'll succeed in Injustice, both are very similar, but are different games.
  37. May 4, 2013
    I just want to say that i don't really like fighting games but i'm a huge DC fan so i have decided to give this game a try and I am happy that i did. This game offers you a great story with beautiful CGI cinematics and a decent DC roster with one of our favourties DC characters. As i said i'm not a huge fan of fighting games so i can't really talk about different mechanics in the game but the fighting feels solid and to be honest this is what you could expect from the great company that NetherRealm is but the game also has some cons, for ex. in the story mode there are couple stupid mini games that you have to complete but thankfully there is only 5 of them(or more i can't remember) and i can't really think of other problems in the game. Overall, If you a fan of fighting games, DC Universe or you enjoyed legendary Mortal Kombat you should really give it a try. As i said at the beggining i'm not a fan of the genre so i can't really talk about the multiplayer but for what i've played i have to say, it feels good and also unlike marvel vs capcom 3, they added a spectator mode which is good. I would reccommend this game for any fan of the genre and also for any dc fans but to be honest I would reccommend it to anybody:) Expand
  38. May 4, 2013
    Injustice is a great game. The story which usually in fighting games is a bit hit or miss but in Injustice the story is very good. The gameplay is solid and it really gives the DC universe a lot of love.
  39. May 1, 2013
    From the producers that brought us mk9 comes this great game its a fast action packed fast passed fighting game with solid combos and great use of using the environments as a way to combo some one if you enjoyed mk9 or you enjoy the story of super hero's this is a great game that you well enjoy
  40. May 1, 2013
    Injustice is one of those games you can just jump into. It's basic control scheme makes it easy for new players who aren't the biggest fans of fighting games jump straight into it and start doing work. The tutorial is a nice helper for someone coming into it, and it explains it's new system of transitions and interactions quite nicely. The character roster is a bit lack-luster whith a measy 24 characters with planned DLC. And the multiplayer has been improved from MK9, but don't expect an experience like a local 1-1 match. The character's moves are really diverce, and can come together to form a really high combo and deal large amounts of damage. One thing I don't like is that every character only has 1 intro, outro, and super move. Seeing the super moves the first time is pretty neat, lbut once you've seen it a few times It gets quite boring. Another thing I really like about this game is the health system, and the wager system. The new wager system makes me think twice before using a super move before a wager has happened. The health system is unique in that once you hit past your first bar of health, you can't get that back from any wager you've won, and your damage doesn't bleed into the next bar. It really makes you wait to use super moves or really long combos. Eventually whenever both players are down to the second bar of health, you can enter a mode called a "Wager", this is where you can wager you're power that you've collected to gain HP, or deal damage. The winner is decided by who wages the most, that may not be right but from what I've seen through my days of playing my theory has been correct,. Like Mortle Kombat Nether Realm has made the story mode really compelling and intresting. Making you play as characters as you go through the story lets you learn the character a little more in-depth before battling against a friend or in multiplayer. I won't spoil anything about the singelplayer story, but it takes an intresting spin on Superman. In short, I can say I would recomend Injustice to friends, but the issues with the multuiplyer, and the non-diverce supers and intros/outros really slow down the game for me. I will give an 8/10, above avergae but not perfect. Expand
  41. May 1, 2013
    It's a big move for NRS after creating Mortal Kombat, and although not Tag Team is really a disappointment, everything else actually makes up for this. The story? Although it does disappoint in the fact that it's an Elseworld story and not a canon story, IT'S REALLY GOOD.
  42. Apr 29, 2013
    This is one of the best fighting games I've ever played. The instant I heard these were the guys who made Mortal Kombat I had to try it out. The first thing I did was check out all the characters. The animations are great and everything looks great in general. The combat is really fun and the environmental things are very innovative plus they work well, but I did find some minor issues with the button only combos. It has a great roster, but it was annoying how Solomon Grundy and Raven were really big spam characters, especially in multiplayer. The story is amazing, especially because I usually don't really follow the stories of video games, yet this one impressed me. The set piece moments are amazing and even though they are somewhat annoying, the mini games are pretty fun. I also love the battles mode with all it's crazy modes and stuff. Then I tried the multiplayer. The combat is the same, witch is good, but the system is so bad I had to wait for 10 minutes total to get 2 matches, just to get spammed by Raven and Grundy. All in all, this is a great game but look elsewhere if you love good online fighting. Expand
  43. Apr 29, 2013
    A great experience. Netherrealm Studios delivers another fighting game with not only fantastic gameplay and a deep and involved story. Some may bash the game for a too simplified fighting system but that is totally false. On the surface it appears that way but the game proves people wrong. There is plenty of room to step the game up from just picking it up to landing 90% damage combos. Definitely a game worth picking up for comic and fighting game fans a like Expand
  44. Apr 28, 2013
    Am I the only one getting tired of this AAA Title hype in games? The games look so mouth wateringly good until you pick up the controller. That is what Injustice is. All style and no substances. Im not a graphics whore, but these graphics are outdated. MK9 looked better. The controls are clunky,CLUNKY AS HELL. Mk9 played better.The characters almost all feel the same when playing. MK9'S characters where more fleshed out. The story is decent but not that interesting or that long. MK9's story was longer and better (even if it was just a reboot). See where im going here? This was supposed to be the successor to MK9 and instead of taking two steps forward, Injustice takes one step back. This game is only fun for a good 2-3 hours, but after that it gets stale, bland, and boring very fast. It really pains me to write this because I was SO HYPED when I first saw this. But just like every other AAA title that was released this year, it disappointed me. Please people SAVE YOUR MONEY.Unless you are buying this for your child DON'T BUY THIS GAME,your wallet will thank you later. Expand
  45. Apr 28, 2013
    pretty awesome game as a whole, im a hardcore dc fan so i was just happy to get a game involving many of the dc universe characters in a game, this makes me hungrier for a justice league movie, the fights were genuinely impressive and some of the special moves left me in complete awe, the cut-scenes were a bit rough and the nether realm servers are a pain
  46. Apr 28, 2013
    Nice easy to learn combat, a good story for a fighting game but the fact that it is a dc fighting game done so much better than MC vs DC universe means i am going to be paying this for a long time.
    Also to compensate for people who might not buy the new characters they are giving away free skins so everybody has the files.
  47. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a damn fine fighter for from the button mashers and to the more technical players. only major issues i ran into online is that the environmental damage is a little too powerful. but very well designed and great unique game-play for all the fighters. Story could have been longer.
  48. Apr 27, 2013
    It was time for Netherrealms to re-enter the fighting arena this year with Injustice: Gods Among Us. After playing and having a blast with Mortal Kombat 9 I could not wait until NR released their next game. The initial looks of Injustice for to be excepted. the gameplay looked solid and the game looked to be at or above the standards that MK9 had made. When I purchased the game I immediately went into the tutorial in order to refresh my memory and to also learn some the new mechanics introduced in this game. Well I will say, it was a sweet and sour experience. The basic moves from MK9 and combos were all solid, until you got into the advanced tutorials were the controls began to show their problems. No matter how many times I would input a combination, the game would either A. Not even do it or B. Do something completely different then what I had intended. Now tutorials are supposed to be something that gets the player introduced to the game and then go on to the main game as quick and efficiently as possible. With Injustice that was the complete opposite. When beginning the story mode you are greeted to some wonderful cutscenes which are beginning to show their age. The story is completely unoriginal to DC standards since this kind of storyline has been touched on before in the DC universe. the length of the story is also shorter than the MK reboots and has a difficulty option so anyone can get through. Which is fine, but I felt more satisfaction in the later parts of MK9's story going up against Shao-Kan at his toughest. Story mode is not what I was expecting and was severley disappointed. I'll briefly say S.T.A.R. Labs isn't very fun, don't find myself booting up the game to play them, since the payoff for doing all of them is a complete joke and again, no satisfaction to MK9's Challenge Tower. The list of unlockables through the Hall of Justice's Archives are all lacking. Costumes are really the only things you'll be want to unlock and they are all costumes you've seen through the story mode and some are very unappealing to look at. There are however different "Arcade Mode" modes that can be purchased which can allow you to do things from verses the entire Injustice cast, do having to knock out your opponent in less than 30 seconds. That is something that is welcomed into the new "Battles" mode which replaces the Arcade Ladder from MK9. the core gameplay mechanic however is what saves this game from being a total disappointment. the inclusion of a single lifebar with two levels, so health is never reset in between the non existent rounds. A nice touch is when you are at the final part of your first bar and your opponent unleashes a devastating combo or their unique super move, the damage will not carry over to your second bar to which I happily can happily welcome with open arms. The new stage transitions give player a chance to turn the tides of the fight by sending their opponent to a new part of the stage, while at the same time taking a good portion of life with them. Each part of sage as intercactable objects that the player can use to inflict damage to his or her opponent. From throwing cars to borrowing a shotgun from a robot to pump buckshot into the opposing player. Each character has their own character abilities which is mapped to a specific button (Xbox B button, PS3 Circle Button etc.) to which Batman for instance will call down 3 mechanical bats that he can use to defend or attack or Superman who gets a boost in his attack damage. These powers are even divided into two categories, Power Users and Gadget Users, to which Superman would be a Power User while Batman would be a Gadget User. There is a power gauge at the bottom of the screen for each player to which they can use a portion of the meter to make their special moves do more damage, perform their supermove or wager portions of it in the new clash system. the clash is a new addition that pits the player against each other to come at one another and the one who bets more of their power gauge is the winner. If the one who started the wager wins, they get a portion of their health back. But if the defending player whens, they inflict damage to the attacker. All new mechanics out of the way, the fighting style of MK9 is still present with a few minor tweeks. Blocking can only be done by pressing backwards on the control stick which isn't very effective at times, which can allow opponents to juggle you senseless. You can also pause and see key moves right on the pause menu and as a bonus, you can go into the characters move list and favorite moves you wish to know or perform so that when you exit they will appear on the screen for you convenience. Online mode is the same a MK9, standard player, ranked and King of the Hill matches which contribute to the new leveling system which can be leveled through any part of game to get unlockables and new items. Injustice is a decent fighter, geared towards the MK9 fans and not the casual player. Expand
  49. Apr 27, 2013
    This game has some of the fighting mechanics ever. The story mode will only last 5 HOURS! Yet, the game has a surprisingly strong story. After beating the story mode, the game becomes a bit boring repetitive. Completing various Battle levels over and over again can get boring fast. Yet, S.T.A.R.S mode adds a lot more challenging levels that will keep players busy for a while. Overall, the game isn't bad, but it can get old after a while. Expand
  50. Apr 27, 2013
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is a great game that has a great storyline and has replay ability. The story uses most of the characters in the line up and this shows you the differences in each characters fighting styles. The only thing that is lacking is that it does not have a variety of super moves or dialogue when you win a fight so this gets repetitive.
  51. dwb
    Apr 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Injustice is an extremely in-depth fighter with a very detailed story mode and good scenes to go along with it. The roster features 24 superheroes and villains from the DC universe including Superman, Batman, flash, Green Lantern, and the Joker. The story mode takes place in an alternate universe where Superman becomes a dictator. The gameplay features multitiered arenas with destructible environment all over the map. My favorite feature is the stage transitions. The only negative that I can see is the online mode lags a lot. This game is absolutely fantastic and must own for any fan of Mortal Kombat, DC comics, or fighting games in general. Expand
  52. Apr 26, 2013
    If you are playing the game for its single player story mode, then dont even buy it. If like most people though you see this as an opourtunity to have some fun with close friends, maybe some online play, then this is the game for you.
  53. Apr 26, 2013
    The graphics were awesome, the gameplay was fun and the story was great. Great fighting game, you're never stuck in the same location. The transitions were awesome, the super attacks were amazing. All the unlockables just added to it. That's why I gave this game a awesome ten out of ten.
  54. Apr 25, 2013
    awesome game love the fighting mechanics the screen transition are pretty good and it just isnt a reskin of mortal kombat far from it reccomend it to all fighting game lovers
  55. Apr 25, 2013
    The game is both for new and people coming back from MK.The story mode could have been longer but over all ended really well.The only thing that is a drawback is there is no tag-team mode and no other type of modes beside KOTH and Survival.
  56. Apr 25, 2013
    I gave injustice a 10/10 because of its great graphics and creativity. it is nice to thet the creators of mortal kombat made the game because the mortal kombat series is one of my favorite.
  57. Apr 25, 2013
    BUY THIS GAME, its been 2 years since MK reboot came out, I loved that and still play it today, when I bought this I hoped it wasn't just a superhero reskin, but in fact this game brought the fighter back into light with its Wager system as well as focusing on combos instead of mashing buttons.
  58. Apr 25, 2013
    NetheRealms, you did it again! One of the best fighting games I have ever played. The story is was nothing spectacular because it was done before. The fighting is just awesome, "The King Of The Hill" is perfect and the characters... The characters were fun to play as, especially The Joker. Sadly, no "Tag Teams". The graphics were pretty bad at some point, but still got the job done. Thank god you fixed the turtle-ing, but not spamming.

One of the best fighting games ever created.
  59. Apr 24, 2013
    I'm a big fan of fighting games, and one positive thing about Injustice is its love for its source material. It actually has a story that made sense and justify the infighting amongst the heroes villains of the DC universe. What I'm not a big fan of is its fighting mechanics, which is adapted from MK. It feels to loose, with characters that are completely too powerful (i.e. Aquaman). The controls are fine but I missed the preciseness of Japanese fighters. It's great while it lasts but it feels too casual. Hard core fighters beware. Expand
  60. Apr 23, 2013
    Quite an impressive game to say the least. The idea of DC characters fighting other DC characters looked awesome and WB and Nether realm performed well. The gameplay is great, the story is just ok, and the graphics are good, but not as good as I had originally thought. This game met, but did not beat my expectations.
  61. Apr 23, 2013
    This game puts Marvel vs. Capcom to shame, and even Super SF4 as well...I know that's pretty bold, but this games is just too epic. The story mode ties all the characters together to make you play as most of them and makes you feel like your watching an DC Animated movie (which has a very intense plot)...There are also side challenges you can play as well to watch side stories of characters which actually helps you learn how to play the game better. Actually multiplayer feels kind of like Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat together. If you skill enough to pull a twenty hit combo, then believe me you are in for a epic surprise! Expand
  62. Apr 22, 2013
    The best fighting game since mortal kombat.
  63. Apr 21, 2013
    Best fighter of the year, a lot of in depth mechanics and a ground breaking fighting experience. Lacking in certain extras and online modes along with a small rolster and repetitive ultimate moves. Overall though, this is a intense DC lineup with much to love with epic battles of your favourite characters!
  64. Apr 21, 2013
    Injustice: Gods Among Us is a game which I actually pre-ordered and picked up for release date. The game, in my opinion really could have been the cream of the crop if it ironed some wrinkles before release. For example, the control stick and directional pad are extremely inaccurate and can throw combos in the trash, which can really get frustrating when you are extremely precise with your directions and unintended movements arise. On the menus the control stick is way too sensitive and frequently presses the wrong selection, wasting time. The graphics look very last generation at times (especially during cutscenes), but at other times they are actually pretty good. The story mode isn't too difficult to complete, but has decent length and really is an amazing, action-packed story that feels like it could be a comic book; so no complaint there. With all this flaws, it is time to talk about where Injustice shines. Everything sounds great from the score to the effects. The controls are smooth and make special moves simple to pick up. The new ideas are fresh and are welcome, like the Super Moves, which are very powerful plays that show you a cutscene of your player hitting the other opponent in an extreme manner. This and the Level Transitions (knocks your opponent to other arena in another extreme manner) were hilarious to watch the first couple times. These aren't the first times I have seen these ideas, but it is the first time I have seen them done the way they were and they gave the game it's charm. Besides the Story Mode, Injustice also has Battles, S.T.A.R. Labs, Single Fight, Training, and Local & Online Multiplayer. The Battles were just like an arcade mode, and contained a range of super easy to nearly impossible arcades. The S.T.A.R. Labs were basically like a challenge series where you did a mission that was unique and attempted to earned Stars for it. It is fun to go into, but it certainly is a challenge! The Single Fight simply is just one custom-made fight. Training is good for beginners and really does help. The Multiplayer is nothing special. There is 1vs1, KOTH (King of the Hill), and Survivor. 1vs1 one is just a fight. KOTH and Survivor are just about the same and you just wait in about a ten minute line to fight one guy. Its pretty underwhelming. Every characters is unique and finding the right one for your tastes is enjoyable (I liked to use Lex Luthor because he is strong, large, and fast!). I enjoyed the backgrounds and the characters were done decently enough, although it would have been nice if they transformed them a little more as a extra costume or something instead of extra costumes that make no sense. The Red Sun pack is not worth it, but that is taken out of consideration for this review. Overall, a great fighting game that could really have been something special that it was hyped to be, but sadly; only great, not perfect. Expand
  65. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is great for any fighting game fan. I never really cared about DC comics, but that hardly matters. As a fan of UMvC3, MK9, and SSF4, I felt right at home playing Injustice. Character roster isn't very large, but the character diversity is some of the best I have ever seen. Characters are pretty well balanced, not perfect but that is inevitable. Kind of bummed that there is no 2 player tag battle anymore. Story mode was a good cinematic experience, lasted about 3 hours which is just long enough to keep me interested and make sure I wasn't bored of playing it. The game really shines in its online. The netcode is solid, although not as good as SSF4, it is way better than MK9 or UMvC3. I rarely run into bad connections online. The game is very hardcore though, so if you are a casual or if this is your first serious fighting game prepare to get your ass handed to you online, or even near the end of the story mode. Expand
  66. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is very good, I was blown away at all the content, If your a dc fan and mortal kombat fan than it is win win. They needed to throw in some brutal fatalitys lol, But you will not find a better fighting game out there right now.
  67. Apr 20, 2013
    Gods among us its a good game, but honestly it does feel somehow as same as MK! the game basic mechanism is just as same as MK, the changes and additional features are mostly into the parts where you perform special moves and stuff but the rest of the game feels pretty much as same as MK, the story is really good though and i really appreciate the story in this game as i did for MK. but i guess the gameplay needed more depth into it, i still like Mortal kombat way much more than this, but this is a very good game Expand
  68. Apr 20, 2013
    An fighting game about DC Comics with the style from Mortal Kombat? That's so freaking awesome This game is great in very ways, they build the characters all different from each other, the interaction with the scenario is far great guys I can't stop playing this game the multiplayer for our surprises IT'S GREAT TOO! just like the S.T.A.R.S. Labs!!!!
  69. Apr 20, 2013
    The story of Injustice sends professional comic book writers back to school, while the controls and features in the actual gameplay are the best from Netherrealm Studios yet. Injustice is really the game DC fans have been waiting for, and instead of waiting for a new Mortal Kombat game as I usually am, I find myself yearning for a sequel to Injustice instead.
  70. Apr 20, 2013
    I love this game, its the answer to all the feedback NRS has to offer, best Fighting game i played, since im a FG player maybe i notice the good things alot more than the average gamer, like the little details, even tough things might get repetitive i give this 10
  71. Apr 20, 2013
    Singleplayer game is very good Better or comparable to the other mortal kombat games But online play has issues I always get "game session no longer available" error message as with other nethearrealm games. Online gaming is very ping sensitive.
  72. Apr 20, 2013
    While this game doesn't offer any groundbreaking stuff this game is a solid good buy specially for fighting game fans. One again Ed Boon has done a great job with this one.
  73. Apr 18, 2013
    Even though the story is simple and some of the fights are contrived, Injustice: Gods Among Us has enough content and fan service to keep you entertained for several hours.
  74. Apr 18, 2013
    Injustice provides the technical aspects that the hardcore fans love, the depth and longevity that casual fans love and throws in some new features and a cinematic game flow. Anyone who plays fighting games should be pretty impressed with Injustice.
  75. Apr 18, 2013
    Mediocre game at best, despite the effort and creative aspect. So why mediocre? Simply because the far too traditional control of the gameplay. Its comparable to the likes of DOA, Soul Calibur, Mortal Combat and so forth. Don't expect a fighting game like fight night or def jam ny, where you can actually anticipate on the opponent, making the fight more strategic. Expect plenty of moves which takes too much time or too much of a hassle because of trial and error to execute, so jst pressing the simple attacks with jumping back and forth will be more effective. In other words: its a simple button basher. No more.
    I want to add an example: currently i am in s.t.a.r. and need to do the so called "cat's eye combo". Its supposed to be a simple X, Y,
  76. Apr 18, 2013
    This game represents the best of both DC Comics and the fighting genre. The game offers a huge amount of content with stage transitions, character powers, supermoves, interactive environments, Star Labs Missions, story mode and a fully formed online mode.
  77. Apr 18, 2013
    Fantastic fighting game with a bunch of bonus content. I wasn't much of a DC fan until I heard about this game and noe I love just about everything DC related. I'm not a huge fighting game fan but I can definately say this is one of my favorite games. I won't give this game a full 10 just because of a few minor reasons. One, I swear I've heard a few sounds recycled from Mortal Kombat (During Shazam's "Super Move"), and a few animation were earily similiar. Nothing anyone should get worked up about, just good to know though. Secondly the campaign is way short. I'm aware there's alot of content in the game but the story is easily beaten in a matter of hours. Other than that I've been having alot fun with Injustice: Gods Among Us and I'd definately reccomend it to fighting game fans and DC fans alike. Expand
  78. Apr 18, 2013
    I think there is a lot here for hardcore fighting fans, fans of MK 9, and you're average person who just wants to play a superhero fighting game to enjoy.

I think the story mode is improved upon off of MK 9's and the tutorial mode that appears when you boot the game up is a great addition to get the mechanics of the game. Practice mode features frame data and info on where attacks will
    land.

My only complaint is the online. There are tons of modes in there, but once again Netherrealm can't seem to get its netcode working. I've spent tons of time searching for "Ranked Games" only to never find an opponent, and when I do finally find one the connection is so lag filled that none of my inputs or combos ever connect, which is insanely frustrating, especially when trying to dodge some of the spammer zoning character (Deathstroke anyone??).

If they fix the online connection, this game would easily score around a 8 9 for me, but I'm going to give it a 7 for now because the game has a ton of potential to be awesome, I just think the bad connection hinders the experience.
  79. Apr 17, 2013
    Injustice: Gods Among us comes very close to being a flawless fighting game in the DC universe, but falls short for one reason: Lack of 2vs2 tag modes in both local & online play.
    ---------------
    One of the major factors about fighting games is multiplayer, a fact seemingly forgotten by Netherrealm Studios since releasing the widely successful Mortal Kombat reboot. Mortal Kombat returned
    to it's "2d" fighting game roots in full 3d gory pleasure. Tones of extra features, unlockable characters, unlockable moves an fatalities provided immense replayability.
    ------------------
    In Mortal Kombat (9), Player 1 could form a tag team with Player 2 and play other 2-man tag groups online over Xbox live. This provided simple yet crucial enjoyment to people with friends which is just about everyone. Locally, 4 players could go head to head in a 2 vs 2 tag match resulting in many fun nights with my group of friends & I.
    -----------------
    Then Injustice comes along, builds upon the MK9 model in many ways but leaves this crucial feature out. You may not think this a big deal, but it is huge considering these games are meant to be played against other people competitively. No one buys a fighting game to fight against AI longer than he has to to complete the main campaign. Netherrealm Studios however thinks otherwise. It is unknown to me why this feature has been removed. Perhaps it was to force groups of friends to all buy their own copy of Injustice.-----------------------Overall the game is very smooth. Anyone who says the game is for casuals isn't too bright, In fact casuals will be destroyed. Various improvements over cheapness in MK9 has been implemented such as changes to blocking, fairy jumping (Jumping straight up and punching sending the enemy downward, bouncing up in preparation for your combo) and others. The characters are interesting and the mechanics enhanced over MK9. The special attacks are very great. It's very rewarding to watch Lex Luthor call down a satellite superstrike on your target and you grabbing that energy and chucking it at your opponent. Each character is truly unique. My friend and & tried them all out and not one was similar in any way.---------Conclusion: For months my frirends & I have been looking forward to taking the MK9 formula and enhancing it. They have definitely done that, but the lack of 2vs2 tag modes for local & online play seriously negate any enhancements. After all, what does it matter how great it is when we can't even play Co-op, VS eachother at once, or test our skills together against online opponents?
  80. Apr 17, 2013
    INJUSTICE is one of the best fighting games ever! The team at Netherealms really outdid themselves with this one, there are so many cool concepts and systems that really help innovate and refine the fighting genre. I could go on but the Battles in this game feel and play epically and the online will keep you playing for a very long time.

My favourite character is Superman. Can't wait to
    throw down with Lobo once his DLC comes out! Expand
  81. Apr 17, 2013
    Injustice is a game that will appeal to most fans of the genre but not all. The core essentials of a fighter are down, the button combos are solid, the power moves are fantastic. What Injustice accomplishes is making a fighter with tons of depth, but keeping the core mechanics simple enough for new comers, and fun enough for veterans of the genre. With that the selection of DC characters is great, and surprising the plot works well, it's nothing groundbreaking, it's thoroughly interesting and strings you along for the sum of it's parts. With that there are a few other single player modes; the classic battle mode progressing through about 11 characters, and objective missions. The multiplayer is good fun and doesn't require an online pass which while an odd sideline, is fantastic to hear from someone that lives with friends that also want to give it a try. To round out the positives, the characters look right, there's a pretty decent and often impressive voice cast, and environments are interact-able and nice. The only thing that halts Injustice from getting a higher score, is that it isn't anything we haven't seen before in a fighter and graphically it can be great to sub par. Those two gripes don't stop Injustice from being a terrific game that I'll be playing for awhile. If you're a DC fan, you'll love this game. Expand
  82. Apr 17, 2013
    I am a huge fan of Marvel vs. Capcom, but this game is terrible in comparison. I know it's not the best to compare two different games, but I feel like I have to. Some characters are completely over/under powered. The side games are nothing to write home about. Very disappointed. If I were you... save $60, download the IOS game that's free, and you will enjoy it much better. Seriously... the IOS game is more fun. Expand
  83. Apr 17, 2013
    This game is worth BUYING ONLY If: 1: You are a diehard fighting game enthusiast 2. You love DC Comics This game does a great service to the DC Universe and has a TON of content. Fighting is fun and enjoyable with interesting characters and a variety of different playstyles HOWEVER HERE's MY ISSUE with fighting games. Once you play it for about 30 mins to an hour you easily get bored.. Who wants to sit around and play 1v1 fighting for hours on end. No one. Expand
  84. Apr 17, 2013
    While I can't comment on the game's story or tie-ins to any pre-existing comic that may be apparent, as I am mostly ignorant of this due to a disinterest in progressing in a fighting game as a single-player experience, instead I come from the point of view of somebody playing this game in a social context, with friends over or maybe even with family.

Injustice: Gods Among Us plays like
    MK9 after a night of alcohol and shrooms, it's most redeeming feature being the ridiculousness of it's characters, though the novelty wears off as it feels like you're fighting in fruitcake. It just isn't fluid or satisfying, the movesets feel like they've been rushed and this game is particularly unsatisfying to less experienced fighters, as opposed to something like TTT2 or SF4AE where the mechanics are intuitive enough to jump into.

If you enjoy this kind of fighting game, stick to Mortal Kombat, this is a complete downgrade. If you're an avid comic fan interested in the story and characters, I don't know what you should do, maybe you should read those comics again? Or maybe just try the demo?
  85. Apr 17, 2013
    It's very, very good! I'm more a fan of the Mortal Kombat series, and a stronger Marvel fan than a DC fan. BUT Injustice does DC justice *bad pun, sorry*. Fantastic visuals, excellent sound, great roster line up (I'm a bit sad there's no Power Girl *DLC, DLC, DLC*) great story (although I'm sure die hard fans will moan.) Not to mention Injustice has probably got the nicest learning curve of any fighting I have ever played. I haven't touched the Multiplayer and online aspects yet, but so far I am greatly impressed.

Like I said I am a bigger fan of MK so when I say this game is better than the Mortal Kombat reboot, that's saying something! If you have to own a fighting game, then make it this one!

Side Note: -
    DLC characters I would want to see eventually:
    - Powergirl
    - Supergirl
    - Darkseid
    - Zatanna
  86. Apr 16, 2013
    As a big DC fan, this game pushes all the right buttons. With an excellent fighting system, and great fan service, Injustice is a must for DC fans.
  87. Apr 16, 2013
    My real score would be an 8.5 but with someone giving this game a horrible score and commenting on how the graphics are dog poop, I just have to balance that out. The fighting is actually pretty deep, definitely more involved than MK9 which I loved. I think MK is more fun than Injustice but I can't fault Injustice for that because they give you a nice single player campaign and the S.T.A.R. Lab missions are also a nice thing to have when you don't feel like going at it in the online arena. Some characters needed to be balanced but the fact that they all play pretty differently shows the devs cared about what they were doing. Expand
  88. Apr 16, 2013
    I'll preface this review by admitting that I really think that Injustice deserves something closer to an 8, but with so many negative user reviews from inexperienced gamers new to the MK style of fighting, I decided to give it a much needed boost. Gods Among Us really did manage to surprise me. I bought the game fully expecting a reskinned Mortal Kombat 9 with a few added gimmicks, but to my delight, I was wrong. Injustice is a fun, fast paced fighter that's packed with fan-service goodies. With no shortage of costumes, artwork, music, and more to unlock, you're unlikely to get bored by this game-- not to mention the unique gameplay. Make no mistake, Netherrealm's fingerprints are all over this game, but it is just different enough from the MK series to stand on its own as a solid title. Expand
  89. Apr 16, 2013
    I am a casual fighter gamer, and picky about games. The tutorial has been very helpful. Graphics are fantastic, controls are great. Although I never could get the hang of several fighting games (including Mortal Kombat), Injustice collects the best aspects of the genre, and definitely aims for a wide audience. One minor nit: I wish the tutorial would demo the moves so you'd know what it looked like when correctly executed (ala Soul Calibur). Expand
  90. Apr 16, 2013
    I have been waiting for this game to come out for awhile. im a huge dc fan and a fan of mortal kombat and this is like a match made in heaven for me. every thing in this game is great. There is a lot of characters to choose from right out of the box and i just cant stop playing it.
  91. Apr 16, 2013
    One step above mortal combat in every way, super fun. Having all of the dc characters, with different abilities just expands the gameplay beyond that I could of imagined.
  92. Apr 16, 2013
    Absolutely incredible. A worthy fighter from the creators of Mortal Kombat and filled with fan service. Great visuals for a fighting game, except in a couple of cutscenes the textures might be a little lackluster. Graphics don't make a fighting game, the gameplay does and does it deliver? Sure does. Every character has a personality of their own and require quite some time to master. Big dudes like Bane feel like, well big dudes. They're slow and have a good weight to them. This of course is balanced by powerful attacks and special moves. The characters are very well detailed. The costumes are a mix of Comic books and Animated shows. There's so much to touch on but i really need to get back to play the game. If you're a DC comic book/Animated fan or a fighting game fan this game is a must buy. Kudos to the guys a Netherrealm and WB for giving us this amazing brawler. Expand
  93. Apr 16, 2013
    I am not the best fighting game player in the world but I have given many of the big ones a try, marvel vs. capcom, tekken, the last mortal kombat. They were all very entertaining but so far this one has its hooks in the deepest from the get go. Maybe its because of the fan service they give for the DC fans but its more then that, it has neat moves and each player feels authentic and original. Its definitely easier than virtua fighter but that furthers its appeal I don't have to wish for an extra extremity or 6th digit to compete with the 7 year old that handing my @ss to me. So far I am enjoying it and most importantly I don't feel like I have been ripped off. Expand
  94. Apr 16, 2013
    I now had few days (some stores don't care about the street-release-date, I guess) to check out the game and I have quite few positive things to say about it!
    As a comic book fan and a fighting game fan I was interested in the game from the very first beginning.
    So obviously I instantly bought it, when it got released and boy was that a good purchase.

Now keep in mind that your
    typical fighting game does not always offer you a lot of content. Very often it's all about the fighting and for the most part your only option is online play, if you desire to get the best out of the game.
    While Injustice offers you all that as well, it also offers just like MK9 before a TON of single player content. There is a long story mode with an interesting story over all. There are many minigames in the STAR Labs mode and even unlockables (yes, some games still do that).
    The tutorial mode is perfect for beginners and the amazing practice mode is even better.

The roster of the game consists out of 24 characters, while NRS (the developer of the game) is working on other characters to release them later on as additional DLC characters.
    Out of these 24 characters there are NO clones in the game. Every character has his own interesting playstyle. That all gets intensified by the character specific superpower that offers even more variety: Superman for example enters a rage mode, where he deals more damage and ignores armor from the enemies (armor lets them take few hits for free). Batman summons Bat-drones which he can use to attack the opponents and extend his combos. Joker parries the opponents attacks and collects HaHaHa's to gain speed and so on, and so on.
    The best thing about the roster is that nearly everyone has something dirty up to their sleeve. Every character is a threat and overall very viable, something you don't have very often in fighting games. In other fighting games you often have the characters who are so good that they overshadow everything else, while in Injustice it looks like quite a few character will be able to offer you the playing experience you wish for. But only time will tell if that will stay the same.

Many people were worried about the Netcode, but the Netcode got better. You might have some problems at the beginning, because I personally expect many people to pick the game up and their servers could have some problems right at the beginning, but from what I can tell so far the netcode is much better than the MK9 netcode, which means that you're online play will be less lag free and that is a huge plus.

Unfortunately Injustice does have some flaws:
    The graphics in the story mode for example are not the prettiest. They look like some last gen stuff at some parts. In the game itself, when you play Versus modes the graphics are simply amazing, surpassing even Soul Calibur 5 which was the prettiest fighting game until Injustice arrived at least in my eyes.

A different lackluster point is the actual story. There are some writing flaws, but you will think like that only if you're a hardcore comic book fan, who knows a lot about the actual characters and stuff in the comics, so that few things are quite: "What? That's so stupid!"

The music is also well, the game has a good soundtrack, but in my own personal opinion it's not the hypest soundtrack you can have for a fighting game. I'm pretty sure that I will put in my own music, to have even better fights.

I recommend this game to every fighting game fan out there (especially because it does many things much different and much better than Mortal Kombat 9) and the interactibles and the clash mode are a new, fresh addition to the genre.
    If you're into comic books be sure to pick the game up as well. The story as well the cameos of well known characters in the story and in the STAR Labs mode will be a highlight for you. I obviously don't need to tell you about the great cast itself.

I give this game 9 out of 10 points.

It's a great package overall.
    The only significant negative point about this game would be the unhype soundtrack of the game. Some might argue about some characters in the cast like for example Killer Frost and Ares who took the spots of more beloved charaters like Captain Cold and Circe, but that's nothing to take points away from the rating. I'm trying to be unbiased, when it comes to that and I hope you will be it as well. We still have DLC characters and maybe our favorites will make it into the game as well
  95. Apr 16, 2013
    Great game
    With wide vast characters
    However I hope that the online does not include the problems of mortal kombat

I hope to get several DLC with more stories
  96. Apr 16, 2013
    A great battle system, spectacular scenarios and an interesting story make this game an awesome and pleasant surprise. DC Comics and fighting games fans won´t be disappointed.
  97. Apr 16, 2013

Now keep in mind that your

Unfortunately Injustice does have some flaws:

I give this game 9 out of 10 points.

It's a great package overall.

1. Jun 17, 2013
    If you’re not into your comic books then a lot of the games appeal might be lost, but for fans of the genre and DC, this is a match made in heaven.
  2. Jun 9, 2013
    A great fighting game, even if you aren't familiar with the characters of the DC Universe. The cut-scenes look terrible compared to the actual fights, but the fluid animations make up for this minor complaint. The online system is solid, and you really feel like a superhero when you pull of a great combo.
  3. May 22, 2013
    Great presentation and a wealth of content make up for technical shortcomings. [Issue#98, p.74]