James Bond 007: Blood Stone Xbox 360

7.1

1. Feb 13, 2017
    James Bond 007: Blood Stone

Pros: Actual Movie Actors Were Used, Has A Good Bond Feeling, Includes Fun To Play Car Chases, Shootouts Are Entertaining, Incorporates Stunning Scenery Cons: Characters Look Distorted In The Cutscenes, Doesn’t Take Very Much Time To Beat The Game, Contains Unclear Plot The plot begins with a sort of introduction mission, Bond has to stop an
    James Bond 007: Blood Stone

The plot begins with a sort of introduction mission, Bond has to stop an international terrorist from bombing a G-20 Summit at the Acropolis in Athens. The next day, 007 is assigned to find the missing professor, Malcolm Tedworth. MI6 had previously received a tip and was able to track the professor’s cell phone to Istanbul. Bond has to venture down into catacombs, where players have to fight off hordes of guards. He finds Tedworth, but is too late to stop him from being shot after he was interrogated. Bond chases Tedworth’s killer, a man called Bernin, throughout Istanbul using his Aston Martin DB5. Bond manages to stop Bernin, and kills him after he reveals a single name, Stefan Pomerov. He then travels to Monaco after learning that Pomerov will be at one his casinos there. He meets his contact, a rich jewelry designer named Nicole Hunter. The pair sneak into the casino, and Bond recovers the camera that filmed Tedworth’s interrogation and a pile of documents, which reveal that the professor was trying to find a cure to certain biological weapons. James and Nicole narrowly escape the casino in Nicole’s supercar.
    007’s boss, known as M, tells him that the documents he found had to do with a chemical refinery owned by Pomerov in Siberia. Hunter and Bond once again set off to explore the refinery, where they find out that Pomerov is actually manufacturing bio-weapons and toxins. Bond triggers a meltdown within the facility and he once again barely escapes with Hunter, this time in an Aston Martin DBS V12. Nicole and James realize Pomerov is escaping with a train full of deadly chemicals. The duo pursue him, and then have to change vehicles as Pomerov takes off in a ekranoplan. Bond saves the day by shooting an emergency exit on the ekranoplan, which sucks Pomerov out, forcing him to fall to his death into a freezing Siberian river. The bio-weapons are secured by MI6. Nicole and James part ways, as Bond has realized the tip about the weapons was set up by someone who wanted Pomerov killed. James discovers another lead, this time he travels to Bangkok to meet a contact who has intel on a man named Rak, a criminal who operates in Thailand. The contact is sniped before Bond hears anything of real value, and 007 pursues the assassin until the killer crashes the dump truck he was driving into a bridge. Bond finds an old ally, who tells him where Rak’s hideout is, however the “ally” alerts Rak and Bond is captured at the hideout. Bond is tortured in Burma, but quickly escapes to pursue Rak. He fights Rak, and eventually kills him because 007 has figured out who the mastermind behind the whole kidnapping is. You’ll have to play “James Bond 007: Blood Stone” to figure out who’s to blame.
    I recently received the game for the Xbox 360 during this Christmas. My mom purchased the game (used) from GameStop for $14.99. I had previously rented the game from Family Video for two days, and I enjoyed playing it, so I added it to my Christmas list. “Blood Stone” was my first Bond game, and my first third-person shooter video game. I’ve seen quite a few 007 movies, from “Goldeneye” to “Spectre”. I’m addicted to the Daniel Craig movies, so I figured this game would be a hit for me. Overall, I’d have to give this game a 7/10. I love the fact that there are cutscenes between important events in the game, it really helped me to understand what was going on. Unfortunately, for some reason the characters seem to look faintly distorted in the cutscenes, when a character is talking, their mouth’s movements doesn’t quite match what they’re saying. Another thing I dislike about this game is the fact that the plot is very confusing, unless you’ve already read a review of the game or a summary of the plot. “James Bond 007: Blood Stone” also doesn’t take that much time to beat, which is disappointing. The game seems short for the complexity of the plot. As I mentioned before, I had already rented this game, and I had played up to the last Siberia mission. It only took me a few days with a couple hours of play each day to get to the last mission. A note- the controls are your basic shooter controls, however pressing the down arrow on the D-pad will result in Bond’s phone being brought out, which tells you where to go and also gives you extra information about enemy vehicles, weapons, and etc. The car chases in the game are awesome! Bond’s Aston Martins are certainly fun to drive and provide an extra exhilarating element to this video game.
  2. Aug 5, 2016
    007 Blood Stone is a poor way for Bizarre Creations[developer of Blur,my favourite game of all time] to go out before their closure.

Blood Stone is a generic,clunky,and downright lazy third-person shooter with stealth and driving elements.The driving sequences are the best thing about the game,with real intensity as you chase down terrorists. The stealth is awful however,and the

The stealth is awful however,and the shooting is average and uninspired.

The graphics are pretty poor aswell,and soundtrack the same.

Overall,007 Blood Stone is a very lazy shooter that you may enjoy if you love Bond.but for someone like me who does not,the game is poor and not recommended.
  3. Feb 21, 2016
    não vou negar que foi um bom jogo, você realmente se sente um espião jogando esse jogo, tem senas muito legais. só não dei uma nota mais alta por um motivo. ele não da pra jogar de 2 jogadores como os antigos 007.
  4. Nov 26, 2014
    James Bond 007: Blood Stone was a pretty decent game but the major reason why some people don't like it is due to it's relatively short length and its poor multiplayer. The game's story is the highlight here and you feel like you are in a James Bond movie. The gameplay is pretty good overall and while it's a little to simple at times and even a little restrictive, the driving missionsJames Bond 007: Blood Stone was a pretty decent game but the major reason why some people don't like it is due to it's relatively short length and its poor multiplayer. The game's story is the highlight here and you feel like you are in a James Bond movie. The gameplay is pretty good overall and while it's a little to simple at times and even a little restrictive, the driving missions offer a nice change of pace. If you are looking for an adventure style game with lots of exploration, than this probably isn't the game for you but if you are a bond fan or enjoy straightforward action games with a good movie feel than you might want to give this game a try. This is probably the second best third person James Bond game. The best in my opinion is Everything or Nothing. Expand
  5. Aug 31, 2014
    The best Bond game out there, Blood Stone is a good third-person-shooter that is reasonably fun. The graphics are quite polished, and the story is interesting, but is nothing we haven't heard before. Stealth is fun, but it feels like they could've developed it more. (It's one of the most fun parts of the game.) The takedowns don't offer much, but they're fun to watch. The car segments areThe best Bond game out there, Blood Stone is a good third-person-shooter that is reasonably fun. The graphics are quite polished, and the story is interesting, but is nothing we haven't heard before. Stealth is fun, but it feels like they could've developed it more. (It's one of the most fun parts of the game.) The takedowns don't offer much, but they're fun to watch. The car segments are fun, and needs a lot of practice. The shooting is repetitive, but is one of the best examples of third person shooting. A must buy for any Bond fan. Expand
  6. Jan 26, 2014
    Solid 9 for effort. I gave it ten to balance out the user score. Didnt expect much from this movie tie in. Pleasantly surprised. Very pretty, cinematic. Reminds me of the jason bourne game. The vehicle sections are handled well given the games developed by the people behind Project Gotham Racing series, you'd expect no less. I'd strongly suggest playing at the hardest difficulty settingSolid 9 for effort. I gave it ten to balance out the user score. Didnt expect much from this movie tie in. Pleasantly surprised. Very pretty, cinematic. Reminds me of the jason bourne game. The vehicle sections are handled well given the games developed by the people behind Project Gotham Racing series, you'd expect no less. I'd strongly suggest playing at the hardest difficulty setting (available)

Best bond game since Goldeneye
  7. Nov 6, 2013
    007 Bloodstone sends the world's most famous agent, James Bond into a mission not based on any previously released film tie-in, a storyline created by the designers.

The game features stunning world environments, vehicles exploding, collapsing freeways, though the character models are lacking in texture, but not enough to distract you from the action. The single player campaign sends

The single player campaign sends you to Athens, Istanbul, and many more, beginning with a speedboat chase around the Greek harbour, leading onto a car chase around Athens, then you get the opening credits. But after the credits the pacing of the action slows down and there are not so many exciting scenes until later in the story, with some levels dragging on too long, making the game feel dull in some areas.

The gameplay of the game requires the use of stealth tactics to eliminate guards to reach the objectives within the missions. The player can look around corners and wait for a passing guard to come you, where the player is able to use a takedown to eliminate him without alerting surrounding guards. Each time a takedown is used the player is awarded a focus kill, which is a one-hit kill, the player can accumulate up to 3 focus kills to eliminate 3 guards in quick succession, making game feel awarding to the player who uses stealth tactics instead of going in guns blazing. The player is always equipped with a standard PP09, but is able to pick up SMG's, assault rifles, shotguns and sniper rifles, but can only carry 1 of these weapons at a time.

The takedown animations are exciting to watch, and uses the environment to enhance the animation.
    Some missions involve car chases, chasing enemy targets through cities, driving over a frozen lake and avoiding obstacles thrown into your path. The controls can take a while to get used to as using the brake too much will make you stop and you may lose your target.

When not using your weapons, you have use of a smartphone which you can use to deactivate security cameras, locate and download intel, and decrypting codes.

The AI can be smart, especially on the higher difficulties, they will use cover, change positions, flank your position, communicate with each other, and they will focus on your last known position.

The multiplayer modes include the standard team deathmatch, objective which involves completing a series of objectives (unlocking doors, activating terminals) while the enemy try to stop you, and then you have last man standing, eliminating all of the other team before they kill yours. The multiplayer only features two environments from the single player, split into six separate levels.

Though lacking in levels and modes, the multiplayer rewards the player with numerous medals for weapon kills, matches played, and you gain expericence unlocking better weapons, silver and gold variants.

Overall, the game features an enjoyable campaign when the story progresses further in the game, memorable action sequences, smart AI, though lacking in character model details, and lack of multiplayer modes, this is a good addition to the James Bond franchise.
  8. Aug 31, 2013
    007:Blood stone technically is very good.. good graphics (besides facial animation) the shooting works, the cover system as you expected to work, take downs (splinter cell) works very good, the driving segments are excelent and thrilling.. stealth segment are good.. putting everything together you get something very average and forgettable... as i said technically is a very polish game..007:Blood stone technically is very good.. good graphics (besides facial animation) the shooting works, the cover system as you expected to work, take downs (splinter cell) works very good, the driving segments are excelent and thrilling.. stealth segment are good.. putting everything together you get something very average and forgettable... as i said technically is a very polish game.. but in terms of gameplay is just too generic, and way to easy, and way too short(5-6 hours). I give it 5/10 Expand
  9. Aug 23, 2013
    I feel that Blood Stone is a very underrated James Bond game. 007 games tend to vary from the excellent (GoldenEye) to the awful (007 Legends). Blood Stone certainly does not hit the heights of GoldenEye, but it does have a very atmospheric James Bond experience. This is helped by the game design I like it when 007 games look to emulate the feel of the movies by incorporating items suchI feel that Blood Stone is a very underrated James Bond game. 007 games tend to vary from the excellent (GoldenEye) to the awful (007 Legends). Blood Stone certainly does not hit the heights of GoldenEye, but it does have a very atmospheric James Bond experience. This is helped by the game design I like it when 007 games look to emulate the feel of the movies by incorporating items such as a credits sequence, a theme song, Bond "moments" and real actors to do the voiceover. Daniel Craig and Dame Judi Dench really elevate the game with their voiceover work. Joss Stone is a welcome addition to the Bond universe being both sexy and talented. The title sequence closely emulates the new design direction of the Daniel Craig era and is a very good standard for a videogame.

The 3rd-person shooting is fairly formulaic. However, Bond can action some awesome takedowns (which reminded me closely of The Bourne Conspiracy) and these give you "Focus Aims" which allow you to dispatch enemies quickly with a single headshot. The game is fairly easy to complete anyway so these are not massively useful, but do help to make you feel like James Bond in that you can wade through enemies quickly as he might do in the movies. You can make use of scenery to help dispatch enemies for example, shooting a lift so that it falls and kills the occupants. The usual explosive barrels make their 974th appearance in a videogame since Doom!

The story interested me. I enjoyed the ride. Of course, don't expect a story as complex as those in recent movies. But it's enough to keep you playing until the end. Bond visits some very interesting locations around the world in this mission.

The driving sections of the game were excellent. You will drive a car and a boat at different points in the story and the handling felt good. The speed of these sections was also good. They felt exciting and probably the best realised driving sections in any James Bond game, including 007 Racing!

The multiplayer is the game's weakest offering. Like many modern games, publishers and developers seem to believe that a multiplayer option is a desirable section to the majority of gamers. I don't believe this is the case. I would much rather that developers spent the time enhancing and extending the single-player experience. Let GoldenEye do the multiplayer experience, Blood Stone is strongest in the single-player experience.

The game is not long, and it does have its limitations. However, if you are looking for a game to perhaps play between longer AAA titles and you are just looking to have some fun for a few hours then Blood Stone is a game I would certainly recommend. I enjoyed the ride with James Bond. Roger Moore would certainly raise an eyebrow at that!
  10. Dec 13, 2012
    Generally hopeless third-person action adventure. Occasional moments of brilliance marred by frequent tedium and clunkiness.

Graphics: 6/10 - Awful character model textures, visuals in the driving segments of the game impress. Gameplay: 6/10 - Both 'on foot' and 'driving' missions often frustrate thanks to loose controls, gameplay is

Gameplay: 6/10 - Both 'on foot' and 'driving' missions often frustrate thanks to loose controls, gameplay is far too basic.
    Features: 5/10 - 'Online multiplayer' is rather hideous: suffers from lag issues, is repetitive and poorly executed. 'Story Mode' lasts roughly 5-6 hours - quite short.

Overall: 5 / 10 - Credit to Activision for taking chances with a new gameplay style and original storyline but the 'finished' (using that word loosely) product feels under-developed, budgeted and sadly un-Bond-like. Those who want a richer Bond experience should stay with 007: Quantum of Solace & Goldeneye: Reloaded (arguably).
  11. Nov 19, 2012
    James Bond 007: Blood Stone is a very underrated game and perhaps the most thrilling Bond experience I have had; close to watching them in the theatre. I am a huge fan of the fact that this game is a third person shooter, I have been turned off of the recent Bond games because it reminds me of playing "Call of Duty" or some type of war scenario game. The campaign for an experienced gamerJames Bond 007: Blood Stone is a very underrated game and perhaps the most thrilling Bond experience I have had; close to watching them in the theatre. I am a huge fan of the fact that this game is a third person shooter, I have been turned off of the recent Bond games because it reminds me of playing "Call of Duty" or some type of war scenario game. The campaign for an experienced gamer may seem short, but for me who is someone who has a family and career I enjoyed an entire week of Bond. The story-line is strong, reminded me of old films, yet could have been expanded on for longer game play. The fact that Commander Bond is a spy and not necessarily a military character the third person perspective paints a wonderful picture for the viewer, the cinematics transition so well with the "3PS" a fun adventure from start to finish. This is the closest I have seen a game to fulfilling my virtual Bond fix, I will not be trading this one in! Expand
  12. Nov 13, 2012
    Perhaps the single most underrated third person out there, Blood Stone 007 is a proven good time. This original adventure follows Bond as he tries to halt biological escapades, all the while teaching the Bourne Conspiracy in how to do CQC properly. There's not much originality going on, with elements borrowed from Batman and Splinter Cell, but the action is very engrossing. The 'focus aim'Perhaps the single most underrated third person out there, Blood Stone 007 is a proven good time. This original adventure follows Bond as he tries to halt biological escapades, all the while teaching the Bourne Conspiracy in how to do CQC properly. There's not much originality going on, with elements borrowed from Batman and Splinter Cell, but the action is very engrossing. The 'focus aim' feature makes Bond feel more at home with his cinematic counter-parts, as it allows players to shoot enemies in quick succession. Sure it's a short and uninspired Bond game, but it's a very fun and worthwhile pick up for any Bond fans craving originality. Collapse
  13. Aug 19, 2012
    Not as bad a some pro critics claim. i have enjoyed the game. the set action scenes are terrific. the prologue level is not good but dont let that stop you. the set pieces are better than COD and battlefield. an under rated game. Critics pan a game. its then a financial flop. the reviews should be based on a tiered level similar to that used for cars where similar products are compared.Not as bad a some pro critics claim. i have enjoyed the game. the set action scenes are terrific. the prologue level is not good but dont let that stop you. the set pieces are better than COD and battlefield. an under rated game. Critics pan a game. its then a financial flop. the reviews should be based on a tiered level similar to that used for cars where similar products are compared. some my best recent games have been these low rated games. Expand
  14. Apr 14, 2012
    I was disoppinted with Blood Stone to be onested with you. Activision fails again to have a game which blows me away with it. The campaign was okay in Blood Stone and the multiplayer is horrible in my oppion. Campaign 6/10 Multiplayer 4/10 Blood Stone 5.5/10
  15. Jun 30, 2011
    This game reminded me of why I wanted and still want to be a spy, epic gunfights, cool fight scenes, fast car chases, and awesome and unbelievable moments that could only happen on the big screen, this game packs all of those things plus a really enjoyable plot, that will have you dying to see every cutscene, add in some decent multiplayer, and you've got yourself a fantastic rental, andThis game reminded me of why I wanted and still want to be a spy, epic gunfights, cool fight scenes, fast car chases, and awesome and unbelievable moments that could only happen on the big screen, this game packs all of those things plus a really enjoyable plot, that will have you dying to see every cutscene, add in some decent multiplayer, and you've got yourself a fantastic rental, and maybe it's the fact that I rented this instead of buying that it gets such a high score, but I honestly loved this game, it does have flaws like bad graphics, and when your doing a car chase usually the car controls fine, other times it feels like the surfaces are covered in slippery oil or something, and it lacks polish in some areas, but the great plot, intense moments, and tight gameplay both online and off make this a game for Bond fans, and definitely helps the wait for the next movie, an experience I wont soon forget. Expand
  16. Jun 17, 2011
    The game play mechanics included in this that aren't in James Bond Quantum of Solace are great. The car scenes really add something that's dynamic that take you away from the very linear (short if I may add) levels. The multiplayer has been improved since the last outing. For example guns don't have to be bought. Just unlocked by kills from the same weapon category. Also the maps areThe game play mechanics included in this that aren't in James Bond Quantum of Solace are great. The car scenes really add something that's dynamic that take you away from the very linear (short if I may add) levels. The multiplayer has been improved since the last outing. For example guns don't have to be bought. Just unlocked by kills from the same weapon category. Also the maps are different and offer many good places for hiding. After a takedown in both SP and MP a Focus aim which can be used to slow down time and precisely take out an enemy. This really helps in the SP especially on 007 difficulty but can be a hindarance on the MP when an enemy out of the blue kills you in 1 hit with a weak and puny weapon. The graphics are good in places but then can be poor in others (Mainly the cutscenes). This lets it down from a 10 along with the weapons as there is little variety between what can be used. Overall if only wanted for a weekend. Perfect. If wanted for longer. Not so perfect but not entirely bad. Expand
  17. May 23, 2011
    Underrated at most. This game, no doubt is not the best James Bond experience ever, however it is far from the worst. I think this is the most fun I've had with a 007 game since Goldeneye and many like to argue that Quantum of Solace was better, but I say 'no', due to the short, however action packed James Bond feeling I get from the game was splendid. There were many cliche rip offsUnderrated at most. This game, no doubt is not the best James Bond experience ever, however it is far from the worst. I think this is the most fun I've had with a 007 game since Goldeneye and many like to argue that Quantum of Solace was better, but I say 'no', due to the short, however action packed James Bond feeling I get from the game was splendid. There were many cliche rip offs from other popular games, as in the "focus aiming" and the combat resembed Uncharted very closely, but despite all that, it isn't a bad thing, infact I loved the gameplay far better than Splinter Cell's and the Uncharted style gameplay was pitch perfect for the game. My only major complaint is that there wasn't enough from the singleplayer experience and the multiplayer needed touch up, but despite all that, a not so bad game. On one more final note, the up coming James Bond game based on the up coming 2012 movie had leaked animations and gameplay footage (being developed by Raven Software, who are also working on MW3), and everything from the animations and gameplay footage looked completely identical to Blood Stone, so my biggest hopes is getting a better, polished Blood Stone experience, and with a few touch ups and more indulging experience, the game will be an instant success. Expand
  18. May 20, 2011
    Whats with all the low scores? seriously i know that this isnt the best game out there but man is it fun. its not a deep game i know, but if you are looking for some third person action you cant go past this. the shooting mechanics are top notch (although it couldve done with some more weapons) and the melee combat just never gets old. i even thought the driving sections were great (iWhats with all the low scores? seriously i know that this isnt the best game out there but man is it fun. its not a deep game i know, but if you are looking for some third person action you cant go past this. the shooting mechanics are top notch (although it couldve done with some more weapons) and the melee combat just never gets old. i even thought the driving sections were great (i enjoyed them more than nfs hot pursuit)Great game to play in short bursts every now and then. Expand
  19. May 4, 2011
    The game starts of with good graphics, but it gets worse the more the game goes on. It is fun enough to play through, but I won't play it again. Will trade this one in tomorrow, rather rent it, much better option as the game's single player mode is very short as well.
  20. Nov 10, 2010
    All gameplay mechanics aside if you want to run around as Daniel Craig and beat some pulp into enemies and experience some intense car sequences then pick this up. Perfect rental. Yes the graphics go from great to surprisingly gross and the cutscenes need more polish but if you are a 007 fan and especially a fan of the last two Bond outings then this is a lot of fun.
  21. Nov 6, 2010
    Lukewarm mechanics all around, linear and mostly uninspiring level design, last-gen graphics, broken AI, painful-to-watch cutscenes, and a limp plot make a promising-sounding game come out feeling half-baked. Getting through the game felt like a chore, and there was no payoff, in the end.
  22. Nov 5, 2010
    Its an adventure game. An interactive Bond game. It follows the movie theme, bad guys, car chases, gun play, and a Bond girl. The problem is that everyone wants to compare it to a FPS. A James Bond game needs to be more than a FPS to keep the James Bond feel to it. The formula that Bizarre Creations used is ok, it just needed a more polished look and feel to it. Although I have to admit,Its an adventure game. An interactive Bond game. It follows the movie theme, bad guys, car chases, gun play, and a Bond girl. The problem is that everyone wants to compare it to a FPS. A James Bond game needs to be more than a FPS to keep the James Bond feel to it. The formula that Bizarre Creations used is ok, it just needed a more polished look and feel to it. Although I have to admit, the melee take-downs never got old. As far as the multi-player portion, rather anemic, feels like it was added at the last moment. Was it a great game, no, but it could have been with a little more coordinated effort. Overall it was was a good experience, I just wish it could have been better. Expand
  23. Nov 3, 2010
    This game would be great if it were an fps. but its a tps and it just doesnt fit that category. the story is great and it is good to have a James Bond game that is not based on a movie but this game just isn't fun enough.
  24. Nov 13, 2012

1. Jan 31, 2011
    It's such a shame Blood Stone is so average and lacking impact because it does do some things right.
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    Blood Stone is definitely not one of 007's best missions.
  3. AceGamez
    Jan 20, 2011
    This game truly feels like a Bond game. Moreover, it makes you believe you are playing the legendary James Bond and few other Bond games achieve this. For this reason, I whole-heartedly recommend it to fans of the James Bond franchise. However, those looking for a high-quality game should exercise caution.