6.9

1. JimS
    Dec 6, 2009
    The game sucks, I guess, that this game would be a good first shooter for younger kids... but compared to any of the AAA titles that are out there (Gears of war, Uncharted, Call of duty) this game is complete garbage, plus the main thing, who actually has a TV that can do 3D??? They cost over 1,000$
  2. RichJB
    Jan 14, 2010
    DO NOT BUY THIS ! It is absolute rubbish. It plays terribly. Very clunky to control, some bad camera angles. Would really only be suitable for a childs first shooter experience. I only gave it a 1 because the graphics in some of the cut scenes are pretty...some. Verdict: Avoid like the bu-bonic plague !
  3. Sep 25, 2011
    I first played though choosing the human side first, and truth be told, beside flying the helicopters, it was very fun. I would have given the game a 7 at that point. My only real complaint was the moronic control system for the helicopters. At the moment I'm two hours into the Navi side of the game, and I'm ready to rip the disc from my xbox and toss it in the garbage disposal. The NaviI first played though choosing the human side first, and truth be told, beside flying the helicopters, it was very fun. I would have given the game a 7 at that point. My only real complaint was the moronic control system for the helicopters. At the moment I'm two hours into the Navi side of the game, and I'm ready to rip the disc from my xbox and toss it in the garbage disposal. The Navi side is almost unplayable. Too much climbing, overpowered enemies (clubs and arrow vs. machine gun, you spend allot of time dead as a Navi), confusing missions, and if I fall off a ledge and die one more time due to the screwed up third person view. You can't zoom in or out on the map or mini map, so at one point I missed a turn and spent 45 minutes climbing around on those stupid cliffs unable to find the path to my target. The Navi development team spent all their time and budget on flying the lizards (which again suffers from a weird control system, but is cool once you get the hang of it) and ignore the rest of the game play. Like I said, I had scored this game a 7, but now it gets a ZERO! Do. Not. Buy. This. Game Expand

It does little to endorse Ubisoft's claim that it's been in development for years, as underneath the admittedly high-detail visuals it's a pretty rudimentary thing. It's a long way better than bilge like the Quantum of Solace, but it's certainly got no sense of a landmark pop-cultural moment, in the way we're repeatedly told the film will.
  2. Pandora could well lend itself to a great film, and would lend itself fabulously well to a good third-person action game. Unfortunately, despite providing two third-person action games here for the price of one, both of them are dull and forgettable.
  3. While the presentation is great and the combat generally enjoyable, the missions leave a lot to be desired - and there's little of the sense of wonder that the movie promises. Had the two campaigns been packed with superbly entertaining moments, the missions been more diverse in their structure, and the "vehicles" been more fun to man, then yes, Avatar the Game might have reached the heights its source material looks set to achieve.