8.2

1. Jan 24, 2014
    This is one of the most underrated games ever. It's cel shaded graphics and awesome gameplay make it stand out in a time where games like GTA V are only talked about for their boring graphics.
  2. Nov 24, 2012
    Most games on the Dreamcast looking back were a tad shallow by today's standards. Jet Set Radio was a niche game that perfected the shell shade art style. Clearly it was Sega's answer to the popularity of SSX and Tony Hawk.
    Somewhere down the line it ended up something else. You are part of a gang trying to avoid the Po Po while taking back over the streets from rival gangs.
    Problem is
    Problem is the control hates you and does not want you to accomplish your mission. Tricks are fairly easy but the controller feels like there is some serious dead spots where the analog stick just does not wanna register your movement. To be fair the Dreamcast versions control was always a little off. My guess is Sega decided the animation was more important.
    The music is amazing. It is one of the few series where I have actually downloaded the songs That is as high praise as it gets.
    The graphics even today are gorgeous. The shell shade look is amazing and I would love to see JSRF down the line.
    As for the game itself you basically do trick runs, collecting spray paint cans which you use to tag over rival gangs graffiti. You use the analog stick to do movements on the screen such as turns and z formations. Again, the control is a pain and there is a short delay when you are registering your movement. The cops in the game are actually aggressive and when you also have the ho hum control the game's difficulty raises pretty quick. Also even with on screen hints it is still easy to get turned around or find your next objective. It's fun. But it is frustrating as well. But doing the skating lines to get points is a blast and you always wanna keep going til you beat the run. And afterwards you will feel a sense of accomplishment unlike most games.
    I highly recommend this mainly because there is nothing like it. It was the old Sega at it's best and unlike most older games, this game actually has depth and it has tons of variety and things to do. The graphics are amazing and opening up new areas is something you want to do just to see how beautiful the next portion of the city is. The control is a sore spot but the animation back then was something you just didn't see often. Sega made the sacrifice and to be honest the difficulty might actually make the game a little better. Today's games are too easy. This game takes me back to the days you had to earn the right to win the game. Plus the story is really cool and the names of the characters are priceless. As in funny. I never put spoilers and the names are so corny I would rather someone play it and just shake their head in the goofiness on the characters.
    Must buy game folks. JET SET RADIO!!!!!!
  3. Nov 23, 2012
    Despite imperfection Jet Set Radio HD manages to stand out in the next-gen because of something essential that every game should have called fun. This game entertains a lot while playing since there is much to do and see, nice tricks can be pulled off which get really crazy and rewarding at the end, designing graffiti is extremely entertaining, and the levels overall are excellentDespite imperfection Jet Set Radio HD manages to stand out in the next-gen because of something essential that every game should have called fun. This game entertains a lot while playing since there is much to do and see, nice tricks can be pulled off which get really crazy and rewarding at the end, designing graffiti is extremely entertaining, and the levels overall are excellent resulting in a fun experience. What was good before is still good now but no game is perfect, like this one, which still has a 4:3 resolution and doesn't seem to have boosted graphics that much, however, the excellent art style hides it all. The controls can be frustrating although with time it will become less of an issue. The sound is quite great such as the voice acting for the iconic Professor K which is a funny and entertaining character. If you enjoyed Jet Set Radio in the past do not doubt in picking this up, even newcomers might enjoy this since despite its shortcomings this game is fun, and that is what matters. Expand
  4. Sep 25, 2012
    Amazing game. Admittedly the graphics aren't as good as current games, but the immersive game play more than makes up for this.
    Highly recommended !!
  5. Sep 23, 2012
    Just as No Association said to ignore the Critic Metascore I must warn you of the nostalgic user score. This is an awkward game that is in every way worse than its sequel. It's stumbling and slow, but the music and personality is vibrant and will stick with you. Ten bucks you get what you pay for; Don't get much else though.
  6. Sep 21, 2012
    I played it on my son's DC back when and I liked it OK, but it didn't grab me. But when I played Jet Set Radio Future (the sequel to JSR) on the Xbox, I was blown away. The gameplay was much better. Now had they released a revamp of JSRF, I would get it, because IMO, that was the better game.
  7. Sep 21, 2012
    Jet Set Radio skates exactly the same as it did back in the day, and smooth, speedy and streamlined skating complements the (at the time) unique art style the game pushed forward. With the return of the original funk-electro-j-pop soundtrack, plus free Gamerpics and 30 achievements, this is a fantastic package of an already fantastic game.
  8. Sep 21, 2012
    this one which is the original from dreamcast is a amazing game and the music and story are great. the one that came after it not so much but this game and phantasy star online ruled my dreamcast to the day it moved to my closet.
  9. Sep 19, 2012
    hahahah! Yes! This is the port I've been wanting, and boy did it deliver. Graphics? Please, that wasn't never even an issue. To THIS DAY They hold a candle to many modern games. Gameplay? Cmon now, its the same Jet Set from back then. Dreamcast was such an awesome console, and they really did the game justice.
  10. Sep 19, 2012
    Loved it on the Dreamcast and it has aged very well. Still every bit as relevant today. The style, the feel of the game is fantastic. This is what games are all about; atmosphere and a great fusion of style and substance. Sega hit the nail on the head with this game, it transcends the usual monotony of another generic shooter or sports title. Missing this (especially at the price thisLoved it on the Dreamcast and it has aged very well. Still every bit as relevant today. The style, the feel of the game is fantastic. This is what games are all about; atmosphere and a great fusion of style and substance. Sega hit the nail on the head with this game, it transcends the usual monotony of another generic shooter or sports title. Missing this (especially at the price this time around) would be a mistake for those that love games and gaming. Expand
  11. Sep 23, 2012

We wish the gameplay had been polished up as much as the graphics. [Issue#91, p.85]
  2. Nov 30, 2012
    As a game, Jet Set Radio isn't going to appeal to everyone. The mechanics are dated, and the look and feel, while still impressive, isn't as distinctive as it was in a prior generation. If you're up for a challenge, however, it's not a bad way to spend 800 Microsoft points. Just be prepared to swear - a lot - as you experience a piece of gaming history.
    Old fashion or maybe obsolete game proves that some legends should have been left to rest. [Nov 2012]