3.7

1. Nov 20, 2011
    Currently 2/3rd through episode 1.
    Good sides, they captured the feel of jurassic park.
    Bad side, no real adventure, more along the sides of heavy rain and indigo prophecy without
    free romaing. Not a good title but not bad either. I guess a score of 7 just hits it quite right.
  2. Nov 19, 2011
    The "revenge zeros" are extremely unfair, as are the biased "Internal Tens", so I thought I'd write a review since i actually PLAYED it. Comparing it to Heavy Rain is most applicable. Story is interesting, gameplay isn't. However, if you've played any of Telltale's other games, you know it's not going to be CoD. Which brings me to my point: How great would it have been to make aThe "revenge zeros" are extremely unfair, as are the biased "Internal Tens", so I thought I'd write a review since i actually PLAYED it. Comparing it to Heavy Rain is most applicable. Story is interesting, gameplay isn't. However, if you've played any of Telltale's other games, you know it's not going to be CoD. Which brings me to my point: How great would it have been to make a Jurassic Park game that was a "survive on the Island" game? When I played Dead Island, I kept thinking, "man, this would have been awesome if the zombies were dinosaurs and we were on Isla Sorna or Isla Nublar". Wishful fanboy thinking, I guess. Expand
  3. Nov 18, 2011
    Jurassic Park: The Game does justice to the original movie and succeeds in telling an entertaining story. Unfortunately the game offers very little replay value and the graphics are less than inspiring (although the dinosaurs look impressive). Fans of the original movie should enjoy the experience but hardcore gets should stay away from this game at all costs! Despite what you may readJurassic Park: The Game does justice to the original movie and succeeds in telling an entertaining story. Unfortunately the game offers very little replay value and the graphics are less than inspiring (although the dinosaurs look impressive). Fans of the original movie should enjoy the experience but hardcore gets should stay away from this game at all costs! Despite what you may read there is intact gameplay that does offer a bit of a challenge (all games require you to essentially push buttons and watch). The gameplay is built entirely of QuickTime events (Oh no!). The game manages to make impressive use of the movie's original sounds however the team at telltale games failed to properly use the film's soundtrack properly and that can take away from the nostalgia. The voice acting is a bit lacking at Times and the character's facial expressions are sloppy and oddly humorous. The game is about six hours in length and the achievments are fairly simple to get but we can all agree that it was at least better than the third movie. 6/10 Expand
  4. Nov 18, 2011
    Is Jurassic Park worth your time? If you're a big fan of the movies, you should at least rent it purely because it caters so much to fans of the series. There's so many inside-jokes and references to the original films and books that it'll have you giggling with glee like the Dino fan it focuses towards. However, while this game has a lot of heart, it could've been so much better. You haveIs Jurassic Park worth your time? If you're a big fan of the movies, you should at least rent it purely because it caters so much to fans of the series. There's so many inside-jokes and references to the original films and books that it'll have you giggling with glee like the Dino fan it focuses towards. However, while this game has a lot of heart, it could've been so much better. You have to admit that this is a game made from an independent game company, so the graphics can't exactly be top notch. The story on the other hand, is amazing. I'm a HUGE fan of the Jurassic Park films and I think the story to this game is much better than both of the sequels to the original movie. That alone makes the game worth checking out as well.
    However, you can't deny the reviews in that this game is riddled with flaws. When I first bought the game, I thought that it was supposed to work as a "Choose your own adventure" story, in which every decision you made affected the story in the long run. But that's not how it works at all. If you make a mistake, you start over. If your character says the wrong thing, you choose something else to say until you think of the right thing. It's ridiculous. Fixing something like that would instantly make the game twice as interesting as well as actually giving the game some replay value.
    If you're a big Jurassic Park fan, rent it. If not, don't bother. What's really depressing is that the game could've made a great Jurassic Park movie. But as far as a game goes, Telltale really dropped the ball on this one with a concept that could've been much, much better.

But hey, Jurassic Park fans, if you're looking for a god Jurassic Park game to play, I suggest checking out Operation Genesis for consoles and PC. It's really easy, but it's very entertaining and a hell of a lot more planned out than this game.
  5. Nov 20, 2011
    Well as a huge Jurassic Park fan i was looking forward to this, but I was not really expecting a great game. Telltale makes cool stories to expand the universes of great franchises, but they really need to work on game play and graphics. This game introduces you to new characters with unoriginal back stories and you get an extended story on the can of shaving cream. The story was okay itWell as a huge Jurassic Park fan i was looking forward to this, but I was not really expecting a great game. Telltale makes cool stories to expand the universes of great franchises, but they really need to work on game play and graphics. This game introduces you to new characters with unoriginal back stories and you get an extended story on the can of shaving cream. The story was okay it kept me interested throughout the game, but i really never took it seriously. The graphics and performance of the game are not really up to par. The graphics do the job, but for a game with barely any real game play they should be much better. The frame rate sucks, the game runs choppy throughout and it really takes away from the experience. The game play does not really make any sense you just hit buttons when they pop up on the screen. The positive things about this game is just watching it. The music and dinosaur noises from the movies are all here and it really adds to the game. The action sequences are very entertaining to watch just because of the dinosaurs and music. Overall i liked the game but its not really something you should spent $40 on unless you love jp. Expand
  6. Jan 17, 2012
    Having no previous information regarding TT's score manipulation, I would have to give this a sub-standard result. If I knew prior to playing it would otherwise be a lot less, however this site is about personal opinion regarding experience with a product and not a developers repugnant attempt inflate its own popularity.
  7. Jul 11, 2012
    The Jurassic Park movies are one of my favorite movie series of all time. And when I heard about this game and how it takes place after the first movie with new characters on the same island I had to play it. Also when I found out it was made by Telltale games, who are currently making the fantastic Walking Dead episodes, I figured this would be an awesome experience just like the WalkingThe Jurassic Park movies are one of my favorite movie series of all time. And when I heard about this game and how it takes place after the first movie with new characters on the same island I had to play it. Also when I found out it was made by Telltale games, who are currently making the fantastic Walking Dead episodes, I figured this would be an awesome experience just like the Walking Dead episodes. I was however worried do to the negative reception this game was getting, so I thankfully only rented it. It's not a bad game, and it's definitely a perfect rental for Jurassic Park fans as it brings a fantastic story to the table which is backed by fantastic voice work and a mostly likable cast of characters (seriously Gerry, drown you daughter), along with new never before seen dinosaurs and park locations, and tons of references and other bonuses for the hardcore fans like myself. The main problem is the gameplay. It's just button pressing QTE's with puzzles and dialog sections thrown in. The quick time events are annoying, far to frequent, and at times down right tedious. The puzzles are overly simple, and unlike Telltale's walking dead series the sections where you must make dialog decisions don't effect how things play out, which makes them feel pointless and unnecessary. This game is also not for graphics snobs as this game is dated and ugly. There are also some moments that made me shake my head, like for instance the game expects you to believe one man can hold back 3 Velociraptors with a pipe, yeah whatever Telltale. While the gameplay didn't satisfy the gamer in me, the story and more info satisfied the Jurassic Park fan in me. so in closing if your a huge Jurassic Park fan this will be a great rental, it also has some of the easiest achievements around. But if your not really a huge fan of the movies you might want to avoid. Expand
  8. May 11, 2012
    Go into this game with the knowlege it's a interactive movie offering up some much needed plothole support. It's also by far better then the third movie. It has a good cast of rag tag survivers and new and old dino foes. Gameplay wise it's half CSI, half quick-time button masher. It has stellar voice acting and a unique look. If you know what to expect and enjoy these types of point andGo into this game with the knowlege it's a interactive movie offering up some much needed plothole support. It's also by far better then the third movie. It has a good cast of rag tag survivers and new and old dino foes. Gameplay wise it's half CSI, half quick-time button masher. It has stellar voice acting and a unique look. If you know what to expect and enjoy these types of point and click adventures you will find Jurassic Park is actually a very competent game. Just know what your getting into before you try it. Expand
  9. May 8, 2012
    This game felt incomplete. The first chapter was fantastic, and there are a few sequences peppered throughout that played and looked great, however it felt like a lot of this content - from the script to the acting to the graphics and the game mechanics - were slapped together at the last minute to meet a deadline.
    There's really no middle ground with this game. When it's good, it's really
    There's really no middle ground with this game. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, you want to intentionally kill these characters then throw your controller across the room.
    The graphics were often jerky and the character models were very generic with wooden animations. The environments looked great and some of the dino's looked good but the human characters were terrible. And they re-used dino models and skins so every raptor or spitter or compy, while well rendered, looked the same. The Troodon's were original to this game and looked really fake and extraordinarily out of place compared to the other dinos. Their comically oversized mouths, detail-less glowy eyes and poor texturing just didn't work at all. Their poisonous bite was a nice touch that made them memorable and frightening (a trait taken from the Compy's in the novel) but their nests (which are detailed in the game) were out of place and corny and made little sense at all.
    This game is more like an interactive movie, so acting was important and it was actually alright from time to time. The Hardings were alright. The Mercs were corny, their dialogue was often unbearably bad, the acting was stilted and uneven and they didn't belong in this game. The Costa Rican thief had one of the worst fake accents ever and I wanted her to die - a lot. The hippie scientist was performed well, I guess, but she drove me nuts. And her big, shocking goal to turn the island into an animal preserve that was played up to be so controversial... was already done on Site B, where JP2 & 3 take place. The resistance to her plan by everyone in the game makes no sense. And the governments decision to bomb the island doesn't make sense, considering Site B was left alone. And the idea that the US government would bomb a Costa Rican island was insane.
    In terms of gameplay, I had no problem with unresponsive buttons or QTE's not loading. In terms of aesthetics I did have problems with the abrupt start and end of many scenes, which I doubt was an intentional, stylistic decision. The music doesn't mesh between scenes and will often cut off as it begins to swell or get intense. Same with sound effects.
    Speaking of sound effects. They were horrible in this game. They used sounds that were apparently from the first JP only. Dinosaurs don't really have a lot of screen time in that movie. So they re-use the same minute thirty seconds worth of grunts and roars over and over and OVER AND OVER throughout a 6 hour game that's loaded with dinosaurs. They made no attempt to do a new mix of the sounds or make their own sounds or use the variations from JP3 or even JP2. And they don't have context. When you watched the first JP, you heard the T-Rex make a sound then saw it do something that implied frustration or anger or curiosity. You recognize that this particular grunt means something, especially if you watched it 3 times a day for a year when you were 8 like I did. For the game, they took those sounds and dumped them in a bowl then threw them at you. It doesn't sound right. And they sometimes have the incorrect sounds paired with the incorrect dino.
    The animal behavior killed the game for me. These things just don't behave like animals anymore. Sure, the T-Rex can't see you when you stand still, but it DOES have 2 huge freakin' nostrils to smell you with. And it's convenient that it always stops chasing you about an inch from your face and makes no attempt to nudge where you had been (like JP1) or lick at where you were (JP2) or anything. And there are many scenes where the animals could have nabbed you or another character if it hadn't inexplicably stopped running and let you climb a ladder or climb a ledge as it stood around and stared at you. They play like they're CG animations with bad timing, and that KILLS the immersion or the suspense or suspension of disbelief. I had moments while playing this game that made me feel all warm and fuzzy. It reminded me of the times I'd watch the movies as a kid or played with the toys and enjoyed the JP universe. And as soon as I'd get those feelings they'd yank them away again with the often inexplicably bad script or terrible graphics and sound.
    This could have really been something special, and SOMETIMES it really IS something special. But it's hard to appreciate those good things when it's swimming in garbage.
  10. Mar 19, 2013
    The storyline in the game is alright and in line with the Jurassic Park moves. I have to say the only reason I didn't end up completely liking this game is because of the stupid scenes where you're required to hit some random button to supposedly outrun or stab a dinosaur. It's very repetitive, and for me it ruined the game. You can definitely tell that the game is what was leading toThe storyline in the game is alright and in line with the Jurassic Park moves. I have to say the only reason I didn't end up completely liking this game is because of the stupid scenes where you're required to hit some random button to supposedly outrun or stab a dinosaur. It's very repetitive, and for me it ruined the game. You can definitely tell that the game is what was leading to Telltale's next game the Walking Dead, which turned out to be much better more about the decision making and less about the button mashing. Expand
  11. Jun 9, 2014
    This is an "alright" game. Fun to play the first time, but after you will probably never play it again. I only bought this cause I THOUGHT that it would be like a dinosaur hunting game, but I didn't notice it was made by telltale. All this is, is just a story continuing the part, with the dinosaur embryos. Nice story, but really boring still throughout the game. It's not like the walkingThis is an "alright" game. Fun to play the first time, but after you will probably never play it again. I only bought this cause I THOUGHT that it would be like a dinosaur hunting game, but I didn't notice it was made by telltale. All this is, is just a story continuing the part, with the dinosaur embryos. Nice story, but really boring still throughout the game. It's not like the walking dead at all, there aren't these choices where it will affect the out come of the story, there is really only 2 choices that really affect the out come.

1) The part where you, Oscar, are in the tunnels and Billy ask you if you want to help with the embryos (Which doesn't really matter since he dies anyways)

2) At the end when you are Nima, and you can either choose to save the girl or the embryos. (If you save the girl you still get the money at the end.)

Would I recommend this? No, save you're 15 dollars for something else that is worth while. This would be fine to rent and play, like from game fly. But it is not worth it, maybe if it was 5 dollars, but 15 dollars it just over rates the game. It was not fun really, so no I don't recommend this game. Yet the story was pretty good, but still not worth it.
  12. Feb 21, 2015
    It's not worth a full price, to be honest. Mediocre by the standards of TellTale Games (and by any measure, in fact), trying to be fateful to the existing JP plot turned out to be a mistake (unlike TWD or TWAU, where they could take more liberties), since they could not notably change the island fate.

It also has its fare share of bugs, and will not give you more than a few hours of gameplay.

Pick it used, or at a low price. It's not a terrible game, but it's still not the game JP deserves.

1. Dec 10, 2011
    If the game is for you or not, one thing is for sureā€¦the experience far exceeds Jurassic Park 2, nuff said.
  2. Dec 7, 2011
    In a perfect world there would have only been one Jurassic movie sequel and this would have been it, but thanks to Telltale Games, you can still experience Spielberg's dream movie in what can only be described as the perfect blend of interactive cinema and adventure gaming.
  3. Nov 28, 2011
    Jurassic Park: The Game gets the licence utterly perfect, offering a thrilling rollercoaster ride (sometimes literally) of dinosaurs, tension and action, but still wise enough to slow down, let you and the characters catch their collective breath, and unwind with a simple puzzle or two.