3.3

1. Jun 9, 2014
    This is an "alright" game. Fun to play the first time, but after you will probably never play it again. I only bought this cause I THOUGHT that it would be like a dinosaur hunting game, but I didn't notice it was made by telltale. All this is, is just a story continuing the part, with the dinosaur embryos. Nice story, but really boring still throughout the game. It's not like the walking dead at all, there aren't these choices where it will affect the out come of the story, there is really only 2 choices that really affect the out come.

1) The part where you, Oscar, are in the tunnels and Billy ask you if you want to help with the embryos (Which doesn't really matter since he dies anyways)

2) At the end when you are Nima, and you can either choose to save the girl or the embryos. (If you save the girl you still get the money at the end.)

Would I recommend this? No, save you're 15 dollars for something else that is worth while. This would be fine to rent and play, like from game fly. But it is not worth it, maybe if it was 5 dollars, but 15 dollars it just over rates the game. It was not fun really, so no I don't recommend this game. Yet the story was pretty good, but still not worth it.
  2. Apr 12, 2013
    This game really IS that bad...I'd give it a -0 if possible. @
    gamegal2012 ..I've played the game. It's very disappointing. The interface is confusing and too busy. Too many choices, can't always read the choices.

I play on a pc with an Xbox-360 controller. It is very tedious.it gets frustrating and boring to have to keep repeating the same thing until you get it right.
    Unfortunately, Steam does not refund or I would buy the Racing game that I almost bought instead. I'd be telling a tale if I said this game had any redeeming value. Expand
  3. Mar 24, 2013
    The risk with any tie-in is that of a misfire. When a game is introduced into an existing franchise, it runs the same risks as a film made from a game. And, like so many films made from a game, this suffers the reverse curse: the game does not live up to the film. Or the book. Or someone talking about a friend who watched the film. Truth told, "Jurassic Park: The Game" would be more accurately titled "Jurassic Park: The Minigames." Why? Because that's all this "game" is: a series of button-mashing minigames. There's no content to be had. Okay, so let's do this by the numbers. Graphics are poor, with only moderate-resolution 3D models skinned with moderate resolution textures. Environments are a little better, but not much, and mobile objects (dinos and people) look cartoonish. Settings are generally adequate and it's amusing to wander around the various locales seen in the film. Well, sort of. Another problem is that the game gives you practically no unscripted control, meaning that you're beholden to what's been written for you, no deviations allowed. Writing is some of the worst hack dialogue you're likely to hear any time soon. And the gameplay, oh the gameplay. There's no walking around, no taking your own lead. It's all a series of on-screen button and stick prompts. The whole game is one big minigame, and that's truly pathetic. (On the plus side, we've finally found a game that if it were converted into film, Uwe Boll could actually improve; it's as bad as it can get already, so even he couldn't cause any more damage.) It's no surprise that the original film cast declined to be part of this project; they were protecting their careers. Look, even in the bargain bin, this turkey is overpriced. You can get the same experience by buying yourself a Simon; push the buttons in order and it's just like playing this game. The only thing keeping this...thing...out of the zero out of ten category is the relatively faithful reproduction of props and scenes from the film. But everything else? Zero. So it's a VERY generous two out of ten for a minigame stretched to an excruciatingly-long full game. But don't buy it. Expand
  4. Mar 19, 2013
    The storyline in the game is alright and in line with the Jurassic Park moves. I have to say the only reason I didn't end up completely liking this game is because of the stupid scenes where you're required to hit some random button to supposedly outrun or stab a dinosaur. It's very repetitive, and for me it ruined the game. You can definitely tell that the game is what was leading to Telltale's next game the Walking Dead, which turned out to be much better more about the decision making and less about the button mashing. Expand
  5. Sep 10, 2012
    The games provides you with an amazing universe, if you love Jurassic Park you totally gonna enjoy the game. But certain parts like the technical problems and the fruststing quick time events may prevent you sometimes from having fun. However for that price its totally worth your effort in going out to buy this. Do it.
  6. Jul 11, 2012
    The Jurassic Park movies are one of my favorite movie series of all time. And when I heard about this game and how it takes place after the first movie with new characters on the same island I had to play it. Also when I found out it was made by Telltale games, who are currently making the fantastic Walking Dead episodes, I figured this would be an awesome experience just like the Walking Dead episodes. I was however worried do to the negative reception this game was getting, so I thankfully only rented it. It's not a bad game, and it's definitely a perfect rental for Jurassic Park fans as it brings a fantastic story to the table which is backed by fantastic voice work and a mostly likable cast of characters (seriously Gerry, drown you daughter), along with new never before seen dinosaurs and park locations, and tons of references and other bonuses for the hardcore fans like myself. The main problem is the gameplay. It's just button pressing QTE's with puzzles and dialog sections thrown in. The quick time events are annoying, far to frequent, and at times down right tedious. The puzzles are overly simple, and unlike Telltale's walking dead series the sections where you must make dialog decisions don't effect how things play out, which makes them feel pointless and unnecessary. This game is also not for graphics snobs as this game is dated and ugly. There are also some moments that made me shake my head, like for instance the game expects you to believe one man can hold back 3 Velociraptors with a pipe, yeah whatever Telltale. While the gameplay didn't satisfy the gamer in me, the story and more info satisfied the Jurassic Park fan in me. so in closing if your a huge Jurassic Park fan this will be a great rental, it also has some of the easiest achievements around. But if your not really a huge fan of the movies you might want to avoid. Expand
  7. Jun 2, 2012
    Jurassic Park: The Game is a very worthy effort by Telltale Games. Unlike most games of this day and age, the gameplay of JP:TG takes a very evident backseat to the storytelling; storytelling which, thankfully, is absolutely fantastic. The story in this game is one that will please any Jurassic Park fan.

It needs to be noted that all of these people giving horrible reviews haven't even
    played the game. They're just complaining because the company did something they don't like. Game's great; story's great. All you need to know. Expand
  8. May 11, 2012
    Go into this game with the knowlege it's a interactive movie offering up some much needed plothole support. It's also by far better then the third movie. It has a good cast of rag tag survivers and new and old dino foes. Gameplay wise it's half CSI, half quick-time button masher. It has stellar voice acting and a unique look. If you know what to expect and enjoy these types of point and click adventures you will find Jurassic Park is actually a very competent game. Just know what your getting into before you try it. Expand
  9. May 8, 2012
    This game felt incomplete. The first chapter was fantastic, and there are a few sequences peppered throughout that played and looked great, however it felt like a lot of this content - from the script to the acting to the graphics and the game mechanics - were slapped together at the last minute to meet a deadline.
    There's really no middle ground with this game. When it's good, it's really
    good. When it's bad, you want to intentionally kill these characters then throw your controller across the room.
    The graphics were often jerky and the character models were very generic with wooden animations. The environments looked great and some of the dino's looked good but the human characters were terrible. And they re-used dino models and skins so every raptor or spitter or compy, while well rendered, looked the same. The Troodon's were original to this game and looked really fake and extraordinarily out of place compared to the other dinos. Their comically oversized mouths, detail-less glowy eyes and poor texturing just didn't work at all. Their poisonous bite was a nice touch that made them memorable and frightening (a trait taken from the Compy's in the novel) but their nests (which are detailed in the game) were out of place and corny and made little sense at all.
    This game is more like an interactive movie, so acting was important and it was actually alright from time to time. The Hardings were alright. The Mercs were corny, their dialogue was often unbearably bad, the acting was stilted and uneven and they didn't belong in this game. The Costa Rican thief had one of the worst fake accents ever and I wanted her to die - a lot. The hippie scientist was performed well, I guess, but she drove me nuts. And her big, shocking goal to turn the island into an animal preserve that was played up to be so controversial... was already done on Site B, where JP2 & 3 take place. The resistance to her plan by everyone in the game makes no sense. And the governments decision to bomb the island doesn't make sense, considering Site B was left alone. And the idea that the US government would bomb a Costa Rican island was insane.
    In terms of gameplay, I had no problem with unresponsive buttons or QTE's not loading. In terms of aesthetics I did have problems with the abrupt start and end of many scenes, which I doubt was an intentional, stylistic decision. The music doesn't mesh between scenes and will often cut off as it begins to swell or get intense. Same with sound effects.
    Speaking of sound effects. They were horrible in this game. They used sounds that were apparently from the first JP only. Dinosaurs don't really have a lot of screen time in that movie. So they re-use the same minute thirty seconds worth of grunts and roars over and over and OVER AND OVER throughout a 6 hour game that's loaded with dinosaurs. They made no attempt to do a new mix of the sounds or make their own sounds or use the variations from JP3 or even JP2. And they don't have context. When you watched the first JP, you heard the T-Rex make a sound then saw it do something that implied frustration or anger or curiosity. You recognize that this particular grunt means something, especially if you watched it 3 times a day for a year when you were 8 like I did. For the game, they took those sounds and dumped them in a bowl then threw them at you. It doesn't sound right. And they sometimes have the incorrect sounds paired with the incorrect dino.
    The animal behavior killed the game for me. These things just don't behave like animals anymore. Sure, the T-Rex can't see you when you stand still, but it DOES have 2 huge freakin' nostrils to smell you with. And it's convenient that it always stops chasing you about an inch from your face and makes no attempt to nudge where you had been (like JP1) or lick at where you were (JP2) or anything. And there are many scenes where the animals could have nabbed you or another character if it hadn't inexplicably stopped running and let you climb a ladder or climb a ledge as it stood around and stared at you. They play like they're CG animations with bad timing, and that KILLS the immersion or the suspense or suspension of disbelief. I had moments while playing this game that made me feel all warm and fuzzy. It reminded me of the times I'd watch the movies as a kid or played with the toys and enjoyed the JP universe. And as soon as I'd get those feelings they'd yank them away again with the often inexplicably bad script or terrible graphics and sound.
    This could have really been something special, and SOMETIMES it really IS something special. But it's hard to appreciate those good things when it's swimming in garbage.
  10. Mar 26, 2012
    I really enjoyed myself while playing this game; however, I can understand the negative reviews. This isnâ
  11. Feb 24, 2012
    Well here are some main answers for people who are thinking about buying the game. Graphics suck, could have been better. You can't move on your own, like Heavy Rain. And the big answer that may people on here hoped was not true, you are not able to shoot the dinosaurs like a hunting game :/ I wasted 50 bucks on this game and I got my money back in store credit and got Medal of Honor and Halo Reach. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME!!!!!!!! (unless you like games where you press only a few buttons and watch a movie at the same time) Expand
  12. Feb 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game made my favorite movie franchise come back from the dead! :D I mean, like seriously why does every1 give this game a bad review? Its better than heavy rain in my opinion and if u dont like Jurassic park then dont play it! Its for die hard JP fans like me! It even brings new dinos in, and even introduces a marine exhibit with a Tylosaurus! The new dinos include Hererrasaurus and a fake subspecies of Troodon, which i find scary and awesome! Their nocturnal hunting creeps me out when their blank, white eyes pop up out of no where in the jungle at night. But they have hit a high # on the awesomeness scale, and their venom highers it! All our favorite dinos return from the movies too, like the cute Compsagnathus or "Compy", the clever Velociraptors come back and are always thinking of how they are gunna get ya next and when to open the unlocked door that you are behind! Triceratops makes an appearence too, but only for the first part of the game. Pteranodons show up too but only for the first part of the second chapter. Parasaurolophus shows up too and you even get to play with them! :DDDDD Dilophosaurus comes back too and sports a new skin color! They still spit that venom that they spittle so well....... And lastly, the big, bad, T REX COMES BACK TO EAT YOU! DONT MOVE A MUSCLE!!!!! :) Expand
  13. Feb 12, 2012
    I'm beginning to think that the low scores are from flamers that believed Telltale should pay for their mistake, but in reality, they just made a mistake that could have been just simply removed. Well, I have since played the game 2 weeks ago (and played it in one sitting just lately) and I thought it's a great companion to the original film. Yes, the gameplay felt uneccessary, but at least they tried to shake it up from their previous styles of adventure gaming. The action scenes are nicely made, and there's some good atmosphere. The graphics are really good, but a small amount of them are unpolished. If you all give it a chance, there's actually a good plot and story that follow the first film's setup nicely. The characters are ok, but can be forgettable. The voice acting, sound, and music are also good. The controls are simple, and easy to pick up and play. So, overall, it's NOT a bad game. Far from it. The game shouldn't be extinct, the flaming around Telltale for a simple mistake that could have been easily removed should be. And that's all to it! Expand
  14. Jan 17, 2012
    Having no previous information regarding TT's score manipulation, I would have to give this a sub-standard result. If I knew prior to playing it would otherwise be a lot less, however this site is about personal opinion regarding experience with a product and not a developers repugnant attempt inflate its own popularity.
  15. Jan 17, 2012
    This game was not at all what I expected it to be. Was it disappointing to play a game that I thought you could at least control characters? Yes! But was the story and game interesting enough to keep me going to finish the game? Yes also, but only because I love Jurassic Park the movie and just wanted to see what the story was about. So let me start off by saying, I thought this was a Tomb Raider/Uncharted type of game, where you control a character via 3rd person and roam around, not free open, I expected it to be linear, but not this linear. This "Game" is nothing more than a story where you get to press some buttons and go through some pretty easy "Puzzles" if you want to call them that. They were quite easy. But you don't ever use your left analog stick. Just the bumper buttons, and the a b x y along with the occasional right analog turn for door opening or jumping. For 90% of the game you are basically just watching the story unfold and go through button prompts and of course asking questions. It was pretty mundane. But I actually thought the acting was quite good despite what the others are saying. Where they as good as the movie actors? Of course not, but not that bad in terms of video games. The story had nothing to do with the original movies though, so if you thought you were going to go through the plot of any of the 3 movies, you will be disappointed again. For a PS3/Xbox360 game, the graphics could have been way better. Don't know why they didn't bring the feel of the island at all. I thought I could have been anywhere. The framerate was horrendous. And the loading, omg, for a short game like this and the bad graphics, I couldn't believe all the loading that was in the game. Honestly this game would have been a great Ipad/Android App game. They could have charged $8-$10 for it, and no one would have complained. But for $30, this was not a good value at all. Of course I'll end up just selling it and get $15 back for it, but was it worth buying? No, no replay value at all, no online experience. It would have been cool to be able to be a dinosour and hunt humans in an online mode or something. But anyhow, this game deserves a solid 3 out of 10. If this was an app for the Ipad or Android, I would have given it a 10. Expand
  16. Jan 8, 2012
    The story is great and feels well paced. It really feels like this was part of the original plan but got cut from the movie. There are a couple small technical glitches like hiccups between dialogue or cut scenes - but it does have a solid frame rate which is always a bonus these days. The game itself feels more like an interactive story - and it obviously won't please everyone. For any true Jurassic Park fan - I don't think you'll be disappointed. Expand
  17. Jan 7, 2012
    I have never given a "0" grade to any product before, but Jurassic Park: The Game deserves it, there's not a single doubt about it.

First of all, I love the earlier Telltale products. I'm crazy about Tales of Monkey Island and completed it on PC and iPad. Sam & Max series, even nowhere near the quality of the original Lucas Arts game, never failed to entertain me.

The first
    disappointment came in the face of Back to the Future: The Game. Based on my favorite movie series, it was horribly executed. Even though I wanted to see where the story goes and enjoyed most of the voice acting, I couldn't force myself to finish even the second season. The game had horrible performance, dreadful interface and the most moronic puzzles seen in an adventure game.

Now to Jurassic Park, it's in even worse state. The art style is horrible (they really should have aimed for a cartoonish style, it could have helped), the graphics engine is even worse - it produces the visuals of the same quality as could have been seen ten years ago. I don't care for visuals that much, if the art style is good, it doesn't matter how many effects or polygons are there, damn, the original Alone in the Dark looks better than this, but the biggest downside of the Telltales' engine is that it has difficulties running on a wide range of hardware - from low-range to high-range. I've tried running it on at least three difference PCs, one of which can run Skyrim at high settings at 60 FPS, and it performed horribly. I honestly think that the isn't a computer out there can run this game with stable smooth frame rate. The engine is that bad.

I can't say anything about the story, I couldn't play the game for more than 20 minutes. Atrocious visual style, horrible graphics, the voice acting which is worse than that you can here in those small independent games made by one person, and gameplay that it's even hard to call that. This is the absolute worst game I've played in 2010. And I've played way over a hundred games.

I see Telltales has two new games in the production. I can't help myself but wonder, who keeps pouring money into that company that had a really great start but turned sour quite some time ago already. I can say for certain, I'm not buying any more of Telltale Games' products. I've sponsored them enough by purchasing Back to the Future and Jurassic Park. If there was a way to delete a game from my Steam library, I would have certainly removed the latter.
  18. Dec 12, 2011
    Signed up just to rate this game. I loved it and thought it was a better sequel than both The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3. Also I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with developers rating their own game... I'm sure President Obama voted for himself.
  19. Dec 11, 2011
    As this is supposed to be a "game" i shall review it as a game wich it is clearly not.
    If you buy this cause your a huge fan of "Jurassic Park" you might find some enjoyment when looking at it as a (mediocre made) interactive movie, if you buy this game cause your a gamer and you expect a game, then dont, you will be very dissapointed.
    Youll just have the feeling at looking at a very long
    cutscene with at the end no gameplay. Expand
  20. Dec 8, 2011
    well, as a jurassic park fan i had been waiting for a new console game .. . and yes i was a bit disappointed when i saw the company in charge of it and when i saw the type of game it was going to be, yet , i was waiting for it, the time came and the game was out, i played it, and i gotta say, even though it is not a shooter like we all wanted, it's awesome, it fills holes inside the story, it catches the movie's essence and it is just plain fun i gotta say, yes what telltale did was not nice, i mean they knew we were disappointed but that was no reason to go and give a fake excellent score by themselves, yet it tottally deserves the score they gave to it, it's fun, it's exciting, it's not what we wanted but hey . . . . it's jurassic park :D Expand
  21. Nov 30, 2011
    Shame on the developers for boosting the score of this interactive cut-scene. You fooled us into thinking this was a game; this is not a game. Unless you enjoy a game holding your hand and simply using the license as a crutch for a terrible game engine, I doubt you'll enjoy this game. The only redeeming quality I could possibly mention is I suppose if you're a fan of the series, you might find some of the segments mildly entertaining but don't expect much else walking into this mess of a game.

It's sad that they thought this would sell in a market of games that actually matter. Open up another landfill, everyone is better off not playing this game.
  22. Nov 28, 2011
    I give this a 10 to balance out the +60 nerds that gave this a zero without playing it. This kind of actions destroy the purpose of a site like Metacritics.
  23. Nov 27, 2011
    I will keep this relitavely short and sweet, i have given the game a little more time, and I am a little bit more impressed than the previous annoyance or hearing that the developers had submitted their own Reviews, however it did seem that it was as if they were consumers only to later state the all most obvious. It's a shame as this reflected in the hate of many consumers, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However in terms of professionalism, and after playing the game I can say that the game is nothing special, but could of been, to visit a re-imagined world of Jurassic park, and create that retro, all,out nostalgic experience, and bring that back in today's heavy expectations, falling flat would seem easier, than sailing high and creating a unique experience.

The game heavily relies on its borrowed, heavy rain style gameplay, however without the ambience, and the depth of emotion from the characters, to drive the engine every gamer has, this was destined to be a one way trip down memory lane, with the words "I really wanted this to work" springing to mind.

As a pure hearted gamer, its hard not to look for negatives, and I'm unhappy this game did not tick enough boxes, to give it the praise that telltale were digging deep for.
  24. Nov 24, 2011
    It has dinosaurs... and that's pretty much the good news. Asides from a few decent quicktime events, all there really is to this game is a boring story, even more boring "puzzles" and having tried it, I found it depressing that Telltale actually got their hands on an otherwise decent franchise.
  25. Nov 22, 2011
    WOW I never Imagined metacritic would remove reviews, TOO BAD,this game is still a ZERO!

Its obvious by the actions of Telltale games that they are desperate for this game to sell, what with destroying a jurassic park themed jeep and trying to stiff the guy that loaned it to them,telltale employees giving false 10's and then following it up by saying that they dont have a problem with
    that. Nevermind that the game is a linear QTE that pays lip service at best to the JP IP. Expand
  26. Nov 22, 2011
    Considering telltale felt the need to give their own mediocre game 10/10 which could have possibly convinced others into purchasing it, believing it to be of great quality. I feel it's only fair I balance that out.
  27. Nov 21, 2011
    This is not a game about Jurassic park its Attack of the quick time events, the story is pretty bad and the game play is so much worse, don't buy this game leave your fond memory's of Jurassic park in the movie and the past where they belong
  28. Nov 21, 2011
    Maybe not worth zero but certainly worth 2. Very tenuous relevance to the Jurassic Park movies, cookiecutter action that aint worth pi**ing on. Save your cash.
  29. Nov 21, 2011
    Having played the game straight through, I felt that the controls were lacking, without any real direction as to know what to do, having less than a second to push buttons and having them not respond all the time, it felt clunky at the least. The visuals were great and the story wasn't horrid. Not sure if they intended to use Harding from the original book (Mind you he didn't have a daughter on the island with him, but was one of the survivors), but it was a nice touch.Worth 30 bucks? Not really, since its one of those play once remove from library. I would have paid 3 dollars for this game. Recommend it? as a Movie yeah, I would have someone sit through it and cut all the "Action buttons:" out f it and release it out the the public. Then i would pay a bit more for it. Expand
  30. Nov 21, 2011
    why are all of you **** this is the best, first, and only jp game for the 360. If you don't like these kind of games go play COD or maybe michael jackson: the experience would be a better choice for some of you. This game is awesome.
  31. Nov 21, 2011
    Get Gemini Rue instead of this turd. This is some kind of casual "cinematic" QTE-fest. Telltale game no longer produces adventure games. Thankfully there are better companies out there.
  32. Nov 21, 2011
    The Jurassic Park the game is the worst game of the year 2011,you have dishonored the movie, low quality 'graphics and little interactivity with the game.
  33. Nov 21, 2011
    God-awful, press-a-button-and-watch-what-happens, inconsequential tripe. I want my money back. WTF?! 150 characters?! What is this TWITTER?! WTF DUDE?!
  34. Nov 20, 2011
    Was this a port from the PS2? Played this game for about 10 minutes. It was like watching a bulldog eat mayonnaise off the floor. It was sloppy and uncomfortable all at the same time and made me want to shower right afterwards. With all the quality games out right now, this monstrosity should make the $10 dump bin at Walmart in no time.
  35. Nov 20, 2011
    Well as a huge Jurassic Park fan i was looking forward to this, but I was not really expecting a great game. Telltale makes cool stories to expand the universes of great franchises, but they really need to work on game play and graphics. This game introduces you to new characters with unoriginal back stories and you get an extended story on the can of shaving cream. The story was okay it kept me interested throughout the game, but i really never took it seriously. The graphics and performance of the game are not really up to par. The graphics do the job, but for a game with barely any real game play they should be much better. The frame rate sucks, the game runs choppy throughout and it really takes away from the experience. The game play does not really make any sense you just hit buttons when they pop up on the screen. The positive things about this game is just watching it. The music and dinosaur noises from the movies are all here and it really adds to the game. The action sequences are very entertaining to watch just because of the dinosaurs and music. Overall i liked the game but its not really something you should spent $40 on unless you love jp. Expand
  36. Nov 20, 2011
    i like this game good story i like the movie i like everything of thes univers of jurassic park jeje i like much the dinos my congratulation for thes game i love
  37. Nov 20, 2011
    Terrible terrible game... at least, it *must* be since the TT employees thought it necessary to scam a few positive reviews in here posing as legitimate purchasers of the game.

Tells me that they are compensating for a terrible game. It's too bad, I would have been hopeful about the walking dead game, but... not now.
  38. Nov 20, 2011
    Currently 2/3rd through episode 1.
    Good sides, they captured the feel of jurassic park.
    Bad side, no real adventure, more along the sides of heavy rain and indigo prophecy without
    free romaing. Not a good title but not bad either. I guess a score of 7 just hits it quite right.
  39. Nov 19, 2011
    Back to the Future showed promise. However, the game got progressively worse every episode. It's no wonder, Tell Tale had to use its own employees to boost the reviews on this game because it just doesn't live up to the Jurassic Park franchise quality that fans expect. At least have the honor to accept it's a bad game and make an effort to improve on future releases instead of trying to boost the scores with fake reviews. The worst part is how Tell Tale addressed this issue. Instead of doing the right thing and say that the employees would be reprimanded, they tried to defend the situation by saying that the employees have the right to write their own inflated views on the game on a 3rd party's review site. The way they wrote it was so smug, too when they wrote "Telltale Games do not censor or muzzle its employees." Give me a break. Before, you could just blame two rogue employees, but now Tell Tale as a company is a part of this fiasco and is just as responsible. Expand
  40. Nov 19, 2011
    This game was always a flawed gameplay experience, from its inception every preview build that was shown was unpleasant to play and Telltale does not offer a compelling enough story experience to make up for it. Don't believe the hyperbole the developers posted as user reviews. They know the game is poor and desperately wanted to raise the score.
  41. Nov 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the sequel I've waited 18 years for! From a story standpoint, this has everything a Jurassic Park movie should have. It feels just like the original movie but with new twists. You can really tell how much care and hard work they put into making this game for the hardcore JP fans like me. There was even something about the camera angles and compositions that gives you the same intense/wonderful feeling that the original movie did. Ever wondered what become of that Barbasol can? Well now we know!! Okay, now on to the nitpicks. This 'game' really isn't a game at all. It's an interactive movie where your decisions have little to no impact on the outcome. At certain points of the story, you have to use your mouse or arrow keys to make your character do certain actions or they die or just bumble around like a drunken idiot. Some key presses have to be done very quickly, but if you fail, you just immediately try again. The only thing that really made it difficult was the distractions of cool looking dinosaurs when you are supposed to be keeping an eye out for the small arrows on screen. In certain parts you are able to guide a conversation but it obviously wants you to pick certain dialogue items to keep the story going where they wanted it to. Pick the wrong one and it just goes back so you can select the other. There were some interesting puzzles to solve but they were rare. Some other nitpicks: no Brachiosaurus, the Velociraptors looked and sounded just like the original ones from the first movie but for some reason they just were not as strong and threatening as they were in the movie. You will just have to play it to see what I mean. The main character of the game had a very small part in the original movie(more so in the novel but I'm only comparing it to the movie) and that's fine, but he looked completely different. In the movie he is a older guy with a mustache and in the game he is more of generic leading-man type. Even if they based him off the original novel description(I don't know if they did as I haven't read the book in years) I don't think that was a good idea. Part of the story was about the relationship with his daughter and while all of the Jurassic Park movies have included some parent/child relationship issues, it still came off as a little cheesy and it's something I've never really cared for. So anyway, that's my review. I kept hearing that this game was getting some bad reviews and there was even some alleged 'fake' positive reviews from the company employees who made it. I just thought I would provide an honest positive review from someone who did truly enjoy playing(or actually watching) this 'game.' Expand
  42. Nov 19, 2011
    The game generaly SUCKS. Poor graphics and gameplay, porr duration, only want to explode the franchise. If best the ancient games of supernes. If a T rex, wake up his head...
  43. Nov 19, 2011
    Crap, this is buggy and terrible and should never have been released. The biggest waste of money I have ever spent. Shame on the company and shame on this game for bothering to release this waste of a game!
  44. Nov 19, 2011
    This game looks like crap anyways. I'm not keen on prejudgment, but it just does.
    I wouldn't try it for $2.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved Monkey Island, and like some of the Back to the Future game. Still in hopes that they can make the Walking Dead game good enough so they won't have to post reviews on metacritic just to gain sales.
  45. yig
    Nov 19, 2011
    Screw Telltale. I love a lot of their stuff, but sending staff do inflate scores is disgusting. I have not played the game, nor will I ever pick it up because of this fiasco.
  46. Nov 19, 2011
    Voting in here for their own game, BAD IDEA..........................................................................................................................
  47. Nov 19, 2011
    Contendor for worst adventure game ever. Massive FAIL in the story department and honestly, what's up with the art direction in this game? I showed my wife this and her assessment was that the art folks were "Noobs trying to hard". Kind of like when someone learns how to use a word processor for the first time and use every font at their disposal. Don't buy this one. I understand why THE EMPLOYEES ARE INFLATING THE SCORE. They are worried for their jobs (and they should be).

'Nuff said.
  48. Nov 19, 2011
    If you're going to have employees come here to inflate your scores, I figure it's legitimate to have people who've never played it (like myself) write reviews to deflate the score in turn.
  49. Nov 19, 2011
    Gamespot gave a 7.5 to Zelda! and you're supporting them??? COME ON JP FANS! let's help our game so maybe it can become a movie!!!! Besides that, there is no problem at a bunch of guys rating their own work, especially if they think it's good.

THERE ARE LOTS OF HUNGRY CHILDREN IN AFRICA AND YOU'RE GETTING MAD ABOUT THIS?? HAHAH pathetic . STOP HATERZ!
  50. omb
    Nov 19, 2011
    The developers knew the game would score poorly(look at critics review, they say it's garbage), so they tried to scam players with fake reviews trying to get you to buy their game. This is saddening and shady to say the least. They knew damn well this game wasn't a ten, but they probably profit based on sales so they had no qualms with cheating you out of your hard earned money. Until TT officially releases an apology I will never support any of their products again. Expand
  51. Nov 19, 2011
    Two low key developers from the Telltale staff rates the game 10 on the user section of Metacritic, and suddenly you have waves of Internet Heroes rating it 0 to punish them. Like this isn't something that happens on every single game title released ever, you idiots.

Adding a 10 just to mess things up.
  52. Nov 19, 2011
    The "revenge zeros" are extremely unfair, as are the biased "Internal Tens", so I thought I'd write a review since i actually PLAYED it. Comparing it to Heavy Rain is most applicable. Story is interesting, gameplay isn't. However, if you've played any of Telltale's other games, you know it's not going to be CoD. Which brings me to my point: How great would it have been to make a Jurassic Park game that was a "survive on the Island" game? When I played Dead Island, I kept thinking, "man, this would have been awesome if the zombies were dinosaurs and we were on Isla Sorna or Isla Nublar". Wishful fanboy thinking, I guess. Expand
  53. Nov 19, 2011
    TellTale? More Like TellFail and that's the truth! This game sucks so much that they are offering it for free for anybody that is a PSN Plus Subscriber,

And I also hear that the own developers of the game are writing metacritic reviews for their own game
    simply pathetic
  54. Nov 18, 2011
    Is Jurassic Park worth your time? If you're a big fan of the movies, you should at least rent it purely because it caters so much to fans of the series. There's so many inside-jokes and references to the original films and books that it'll have you giggling with glee like the Dino fan it focuses towards. However, while this game has a lot of heart, it could've been so much better. You have to admit that this is a game made from an independent game company, so the graphics can't exactly be top notch. The story on the other hand, is amazing. I'm a HUGE fan of the Jurassic Park films and I think the story to this game is much better than both of the sequels to the original movie. That alone makes the game worth checking out as well.
    However, you can't deny the reviews in that this game is riddled with flaws. When I first bought the game, I thought that it was supposed to work as a "Choose your own adventure" story, in which every decision you made affected the story in the long run. But that's not how it works at all. If you make a mistake, you start over. If your character says the wrong thing, you choose something else to say until you think of the right thing. It's ridiculous. Fixing something like that would instantly make the game twice as interesting as well as actually giving the game some replay value.
    If you're a big Jurassic Park fan, rent it. If not, don't bother. What's really depressing is that the game could've made a great Jurassic Park movie. But as far as a game goes, Telltale really dropped the ball on this one with a concept that could've been much, much better.

But hey, Jurassic Park fans, if you're looking for a god Jurassic Park game to play, I suggest checking out Operation Genesis for consoles and PC. It's really easy, but it's very entertaining and a hell of a lot more planned out than this game.
  55. Nov 18, 2011
    Jurassic Park: The Game does justice to the original movie and succeeds in telling an entertaining story. Unfortunately the game offers very little replay value and the graphics are less than inspiring (although the dinosaurs look impressive). Fans of the original movie should enjoy the experience but hardcore gets should stay away from this game at all costs! Despite what you may read there is intact gameplay that does offer a bit of a challenge (all games require you to essentially push buttons and watch). The gameplay is built entirely of QuickTime events (Oh no!). The game manages to make impressive use of the movie's original sounds however the team at telltale games failed to properly use the film's soundtrack properly and that can take away from the nostalgia. The voice acting is a bit lacking at Times and the character's facial expressions are sloppy and oddly humorous. The game is about six hours in length and the achievments are fairly simple to get but we can all agree that it was at least better than the third movie. 6/10 Expand
  56. Nov 18, 2011
    This is a good game. Good story, characters and tension. Loved the movies, thought the story and interactive movie style is good fit. There seems to be a lot of people on here rating 0 who don't seem to have said they even played the game. I read the article, do I care that someone worked on the game rated it 10? No. They have the right to their opinion, at least they are giving an opinion after HAVING PLAYED THE GAME!!!! Expand
  57. Nov 18, 2011
    Very enjoyable game if you are a fan of jurassic park you will love this game the only thing is that i wish they had made it an arcade game not a disc game for the xbox 360 good job telltale
  58. Nov 18, 2011
    A sub-par game, lacking anything that is desired from a would be Jurassic park game, this toppled on top of the company damaging a fans replica jeep he spent his own hard earned money on, and now the employees who made the game coming here to spout nothing but praise, what a joke.
  59. Nov 18, 2011
    I don't often feel inclined to write a full review on a game, but for Jurassic Park: The Game, I will make an exception. The reason being that I AM A HUGE JURASSIC PARK FAN. If the same is true for you, then you will love this game. If not, then you will hate it because its not really that good of a game. It's that simple. The entire game, from story, to music, to jokes is fan service and to be getting a new JP game 18 years after the movie released is just an awesome experience! Rating for a Jurassic Park fan = 8. Rating if not = 5 Expand
  60. Nov 18, 2011
    It isn't a point'n'click game - it's more like a bad cartoon with pushing buttons. Bad and boring. It's better to give money to charity than spend it on this hardly entertaining product.
  61. Nov 18, 2011
    It's simple, really. If you are a fan of Jurassic Park, you'll love it. If you don't like Jurassic Park, why are you even reading this? I give this a 10 and I do not work for Telltale.
  62. Nov 18, 2011
    This game has earned its rightful place at the side of all those Atari 2600 ET cartridges that were buried under a landfill in El Paso. I played the Xbox 360 version of this game on a (losing) bet and found it to be, more than anything, a very effective laxative, as I found myself running to the bathroom to empty my bowels every time I played this masterpiece for more than 15 minutes. Telltale should indeed be praised for creating the first ever digital form of gastroenteritis. If the adventure genre were a child, this game would be an unwitting guest in Dateline's "To Catch a Predator." Bravo, Telltale Games, bravo. You guys should take up pottery, or perhaps woodworking, because the gaming industry needs you about as much as a hooker needs syphilis. Expand
  63. Nov 18, 2011
    As a huge fan of the original movie, I was very excited to be a part of a cinematic video game which did the story justice. Previous "Jurassic Park" (I used quotes because they were Jurassic Park in name only) games were a big let-down, so I was really hoping Telltale wouldn't drop the ball as well. And from a cinematic adventure aspect, I can say that players won't be disappointed! Though you can't walk around and roam the world, which would have been cool, the story moves quickly so it doesn't even matter. The quick time events grow increasingly challenging, and the dinos look pretty sweet. Especially when you die and get eaten by them, which is really half the fun of the game! Collapse
  64. Nov 18, 2011
    I personally think it's a great game! But then again, I'm probably a bit biased seeing I work at Telltale. I think the story is a great addition to an already amazing movie. To be fair, it is a QTE based game, and it is also story driven. So if you're looking for a title that features a FPS perspective, blasting away dino's left and right, this probably isn't the game for you. I hope you enjoy and thanks for trying it out! Expand
  65. Nov 18, 2011
    This game is an uninspired mess. As a Jurassic Park fan I'm very disappointed. Shame on the developers (Telltale) for putting out a product like this and for posting here on Metacritic to try to inflate their game's score.
  66. Nov 18, 2011
    I normally don't give a game a zero and while this game is bad it isn't that BAD. However it's been proven that multiple Telltale employees have been making fake accounts to boost the scores of this game so guess what Telltale, you get my first zero score.
  67. Nov 18, 2011
    Whatever You may think - game is worth a go. Reminded me a lot of heavy rain . I like the cheesy dialogues and the whole Jurassic Park vibe. It's entertaining and fun. There is not much that gamer can really do (just like in heavy rain) it's linear but in a good way. It's like an interactive story. I wouldn't give a 10 here. But 9 is fair.
  68. Nov 17, 2011
    this is a terrible game that doesn't do jurassic park justice at all. it is all QTEs and they tell you the answers to the puzzles. just watch the giant bomb quick look if you don't believe me. telltale should be ashamed for giving themselves 10s. some developers like to let there games speak for themselves, other developers want to trick people into buying their games. now we know what kind of developer telltale is. i'm not buying any of their games ever again. Expand
  69. Nov 17, 2011
    This game is an absolute mess and it is quite sad to see such a venerable franchise be spit on by such an irresponsible and lazy effort. Telltale should have either gone back to the drawing board with this one or just not released anything at all. An absolutely horrible game from a company of shameless jerks.
  70. Nov 17, 2011
    My apologies to my original review of 10, my Iphone dl broswer (not safari) reverted my original score of 1 to a 10

In an era of video games where polish is king, this game lacks it. This holiday season is filled with great games who utilize great IP's. Jurassic Park on the other hand demolishes the IP with clunky controls and almost unbearable story. The gameplay suffers as well, with
    a lack of direction and control scheme being clunky at best. This is sad for a company which is built on adventure games, for this game is a joke Expand
  71. Nov 17, 2011
    Very fun game. Feels like a mix between Heavy Rain & L.A Noire. Same graphics & sound as the previous Back to the Future games so if you liked the style of them you will like the style of this. Obviously not gonna win any awards but that's not their goal. 10/10 for pure enjoyment. Makes a change that you can die in a Telltale game too.
  72. Nov 17, 2011
    Just to be clear, I'm a big fan of Telltale Games. I usually love all of their adventure games, no matter their difficulty or their overall quality. I've always found them entertaining because I've always loved adventure games, and I still do.

Jurassic Park: The Game brings a new format to Telltale, in the style of games like Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. However, in its
    futile attempt to be a part of this QTE filled genre, it falls flat on its face due to a number of missing things that made Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy the games they were.

First of all, the story is lacking. It has little to nothing to do with the original movies, and everything else seems stale and bland. There aren't any shocking plot twists or really any vibe to the story itself at all, like there were in HR or even some of Telltale's other games (ToMI, Sam and Max, BTTF, etc.). Another thing that was a huge deal breaker was gameplay and the animation to go along with it. The reason why Heavy Rain was playable as a game (which was completely filled with QTE's) was because the animation was so smooth and realistic that it didn't bother the player when you pressed buttons to do actions; they just flowed naturally. Jurassic Park however, doesn't follow suit. Animations are stiff, like all the characters are made out of wood, and actions tend to pause for a split second before and after you press (or don't press) the required button, resulting in a break in immersion. This would be fine if it was a traditional game with only a few QTE's; I've seen this kind of thing before in other games like first person shooters, third person shooter, etc. But for a game that relies entirely on QTE's, that sort of thing is just unacceptable. It feels awkward and, honestly, terrible to even keep playing past the 30 minutes. I had to force myself to play what I had.

I suppose there ARE a few pros to go along with it though. The graphics are nice for a Telltale game; their games aren't the most advanced and sophisticated things out there, but Jurassic Park has some good texture work and pretty good lighting (in relation to their other games of course). The video settings allow for a lot of customization as well, like post-processing and anti-aliasing, the kind of thing I would expect from a PC game. (I realize that this is the 360 section, I figured I'll post it here anyway) The sound is also pretty good, the classic dinosaur roars and sound effects will make you think back to the old movies, which is a good sign considering what this game is supposed to be. However, the same cannot be said about the voice acting, which is uninspired, flat, unconvincing and makes it really hard for the player to honestly care about anything anyone is doing. Overall, Jurassic Park: The Game is a very, very, VERY big disappointment. I'm giving it a 2 for the 2 pros I listed above, but that's about it. I feel like Telltale made a very bad decision in releasing all these episodes at once instead of monthly. Usually with their episodic methods, they are able to fix up things that were complained about in previous episodes and make it an overall better experience. Releasing them all at once eliminated this possibility, and the results show; each episode is as boring and uninspired as the last. If you want something to bore you to tears while you Press X to Not Die, then I don't even think I could recommend you this; $30 is too much for this game. The game was gifted to me and I'm REALLY sorry for whoever did do so. This won't be a game I'll be touching ever again.
  73. Nov 17, 2011
    Since Telltale took to Metacritic to inflate their own user score i thought i'd throw my opinion in too(the 10s here are from TT employees, they were called out on gaming forums for this). I got this terrible game for reupping my PS+ but if i had paid i'd probably be seeking a refund. The "gameplay" is a joke. Imagine if heavy rain ended the game after every mistake rather than change the story to fit what occurred. Now imagine if Heavy Rain gave you no control whatsoever, you simply did quick time events to progress everything, with basically no choices throughout the entire game. Now imagine if Heavy Rains framerate was so bad that you could easily miss a QTE happening (in fact i had an entire scene where no button prompts even showed up, i simply had to restart.)

I'm not just being rude, its really that bad. It makes a complete mockery of the book/film, the voice acting is horrid ( and seemed to have very little direction in the actors defense), the few throwbacks to JP humor are so poorly presented that you may think its some 4th wall breaking satire. Its not. Its a development house thats used the very last of its creative juices, and long ago at that.

The framerate isn't the only technical problem. The game hangs on the end of nearly every scene. I actually thought it had crashed a few times only for it to recover and chug along. I can't imagine it EVER reaches 30 fps. When restarting some checkpoints, a QTE will start and never show the button prompt, leaving you to guess while you burn through lives.

All in all this is an absolute embarrassment for TT, and they should be ashamed. This game would take another 6 months to polish, but the concept is so bad that it wouldn't have been worth it.
  74. Nov 17, 2011
    If you're looking for a cinematic story in more of a point and click adventure, then Jurassic Park: The Game is, well, your game! Sure, the graphics aren't mind blowing or next gen, but that's not what this game (or any other Telltale game) has been about. The story, the puzzles, everything is in good fun and you can tell by the way this game has been made that Telltale tried to keep it as close as possible to the original movie. Also, the game play is likened more to Heavy Rain, which works great, but only if you're into that kind of thing. Knowing all of this I had a great time playing this game! Expand
  75. Nov 17, 2011
    For a game developer that prides itself at story telling and being big Jurassic Park fans, Telltale fail badly at both. This game is a huge, huge let down. The game has practically nothing to do with the film other than finding the Barbasol can and discovering Dennis Nedrys corpse at the start of the game. The voice acting and dialogue in this game is atrocious and cheesy, the Characters are either boring, annoying or just don't belong in a Jurassic park game. Telltale missed so many great opportunities to make this a great game for Jurassic park fans to revist and explore key areas of the film.... What about discovering Robert Muldoons SPAS-12 shotgun and his hat that he removed just before his famous last words? Or revisting the Tyrannosaur paddock and finding the trashed tour cars and Gennaro? Discovering what happend to Ray Arnold in the maintenance shed? or evan finding a frozen raptor that was trapped in the freezer in the Kitchen scene? The great locations of the film are hardly seen, insted we vist ridiculous areas such as a rollercoaster in one of the most pointless and dumbest scenes in the whole game. For a game that considers itself to be faithful to the original film, it is a massive failure. Expand
  76. Nov 16, 2011
  77. Nov 18, 2011

1. Dec 10, 2011
    If the game is for you or not, one thing is for sureā€¦the experience far exceeds Jurassic Park 2, nuff said.
  2. Dec 7, 2011
    In a perfect world there would have only been one Jurassic movie sequel and this would have been it, but thanks to Telltale Games, you can still experience Spielberg's dream movie in what can only be described as the perfect blend of interactive cinema and adventure gaming.
  3. Nov 28, 2011
    Jurassic Park: The Game gets the licence utterly perfect, offering a thrilling rollercoaster ride (sometimes literally) of dinosaurs, tension and action, but still wise enough to slow down, let you and the characters catch their collective breath, and unwind with a simple puzzle or two.