3.7

1. Nov 17, 2011
    Since Telltale took to Metacritic to inflate their own user score i thought i'd throw my opinion in too(the 10s here are from TT employees, they were called out on gaming forums for this). I got this terrible game for reupping my PS+ but if i had paid i'd probably be seeking a refund. The "gameplay" is a joke. Imagine if heavy rain ended the game after every mistake rather than change theSince Telltale took to Metacritic to inflate their own user score i thought i'd throw my opinion in too(the 10s here are from TT employees, they were called out on gaming forums for this). I got this terrible game for reupping my PS+ but if i had paid i'd probably be seeking a refund. The "gameplay" is a joke. Imagine if heavy rain ended the game after every mistake rather than change the story to fit what occurred. Now imagine if Heavy Rain gave you no control whatsoever, you simply did quick time events to progress everything, with basically no choices throughout the entire game. Now imagine if Heavy Rains framerate was so bad that you could easily miss a QTE happening (in fact i had an entire scene where no button prompts even showed up, i simply had to restart.)

I'm not just being rude, its really that bad. It makes a complete mockery of the book/film, the voice acting is horrid ( and seemed to have very little direction in the actors defense), the few throwbacks to JP humor are so poorly presented that you may think its some 4th wall breaking satire. Its not. Its a development house thats used the very last of its creative juices, and long ago at that.

The framerate isn't the only technical problem. The game hangs on the end of nearly every scene. I actually thought it had crashed a few times only for it to recover and chug along. I can't imagine it EVER reaches 30 fps. When restarting some checkpoints, a QTE will start and never show the button prompt, leaving you to guess while you burn through lives.

All in all this is an absolute embarrassment for TT, and they should be ashamed. This game would take another 6 months to polish, but the concept is so bad that it wouldn't have been worth it.
  2. Feb 12, 2012
    I'm beginning to think that the low scores are from flamers that believed Telltale should pay for their mistake, but in reality, they just made a mistake that could have been just simply removed. Well, I have since played the game 2 weeks ago (and played it in one sitting just lately) and I thought it's a great companion to the original film. Yes, the gameplay felt uneccessary, but atI'm beginning to think that the low scores are from flamers that believed Telltale should pay for their mistake, but in reality, they just made a mistake that could have been just simply removed. Well, I have since played the game 2 weeks ago (and played it in one sitting just lately) and I thought it's a great companion to the original film. Yes, the gameplay felt uneccessary, but at least they tried to shake it up from their previous styles of adventure gaming. The action scenes are nicely made, and there's some good atmosphere. The graphics are really good, but a small amount of them are unpolished. If you all give it a chance, there's actually a good plot and story that follow the first film's setup nicely. The characters are ok, but can be forgettable. The voice acting, sound, and music are also good. The controls are simple, and easy to pick up and play. So, overall, it's NOT a bad game. Far from it. The game shouldn't be extinct, the flaming around Telltale for a simple mistake that could have been easily removed should be. And that's all to it! Expand
  3. Jan 8, 2012
    The story is great and feels well paced. It really feels like this was part of the original plan but got cut from the movie. There are a couple small technical glitches like hiccups between dialogue or cut scenes - but it does have a solid frame rate which is always a bonus these days. The game itself feels more like an interactive story - and it obviously won't please everyone. For anyThe story is great and feels well paced. It really feels like this was part of the original plan but got cut from the movie. There are a couple small technical glitches like hiccups between dialogue or cut scenes - but it does have a solid frame rate which is always a bonus these days. The game itself feels more like an interactive story - and it obviously won't please everyone. For any true Jurassic Park fan - I don't think you'll be disappointed. Expand
  4. Dec 8, 2011
    well, as a jurassic park fan i had been waiting for a new console game .. . and yes i was a bit disappointed when i saw the company in charge of it and when i saw the type of game it was going to be, yet , i was waiting for it, the time came and the game was out, i played it, and i gotta say, even though it is not a shooter like we all wanted, it's awesome, it fills holes inside thewell, as a jurassic park fan i had been waiting for a new console game .. . and yes i was a bit disappointed when i saw the company in charge of it and when i saw the type of game it was going to be, yet , i was waiting for it, the time came and the game was out, i played it, and i gotta say, even though it is not a shooter like we all wanted, it's awesome, it fills holes inside the story, it catches the movie's essence and it is just plain fun i gotta say, yes what telltale did was not nice, i mean they knew we were disappointed but that was no reason to go and give a fake excellent score by themselves, yet it tottally deserves the score they gave to it, it's fun, it's exciting, it's not what we wanted but hey . . . . it's jurassic park :D Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2011
    Currently 2/3rd through episode 1.
    Good sides, they captured the feel of jurassic park.
    Bad side, no real adventure, more along the sides of heavy rain and indigo prophecy without
    free romaing. Not a good title but not bad either. I guess a score of 7 just hits it quite right.
  6. Nov 18, 2011
    I normally don't give a game a zero and while this game is bad it isn't that BAD. However it's been proven that multiple Telltale employees have been making fake accounts to boost the scores of this game so guess what Telltale, you get my first zero score.
  7. Nov 17, 2011
    This game is an absolute mess and it is quite sad to see such a venerable franchise be spit on by such an irresponsible and lazy effort. Telltale should have either gone back to the drawing board with this one or just not released anything at all. An absolutely horrible game from a company of shameless jerks.
  8. Nov 17, 2011
    this is a terrible game that doesn't do jurassic park justice at all. it is all QTEs and they tell you the answers to the puzzles. just watch the giant bomb quick look if you don't believe me. telltale should be ashamed for giving themselves 10s. some developers like to let there games speak for themselves, other developers want to trick people into buying their games. now we know whatthis is a terrible game that doesn't do jurassic park justice at all. it is all QTEs and they tell you the answers to the puzzles. just watch the giant bomb quick look if you don't believe me. telltale should be ashamed for giving themselves 10s. some developers like to let there games speak for themselves, other developers want to trick people into buying their games. now we know what kind of developer telltale is. i'm not buying any of their games ever again. Expand
  9. Nov 17, 2011
    My apologies to my original review of 10, my Iphone dl broswer (not safari) reverted my original score of 1 to a 10

In an era of video games where polish is king, this game lacks it. This holiday season is filled with great games who utilize great IP's. Jurassic Park on the other hand demolishes the IP with clunky controls and almost unbearable story. The gameplay suffers as well, with a lack of direction and control scheme being clunky at best. This is sad for a company which is built on adventure games, for this game is a joke
  10. Nov 27, 2011
    I will keep this relitavely short and sweet, i have given the game a little more time, and I am a little bit more impressed than the previous annoyance or hearing that the developers had submitted their own Reviews, however it did seem that it was as if they were consumers only to later state the all most obvious. It's a shame as this reflected in the hate of many consumers, and everyoneI will keep this relitavely short and sweet, i have given the game a little more time, and I am a little bit more impressed than the previous annoyance or hearing that the developers had submitted their own Reviews, however it did seem that it was as if they were consumers only to later state the all most obvious. It's a shame as this reflected in the hate of many consumers, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However in terms of professionalism, and after playing the game I can say that the game is nothing special, but could of been, to visit a re-imagined world of Jurassic park, and create that retro, all,out nostalgic experience, and bring that back in today's heavy expectations, falling flat would seem easier, than sailing high and creating a unique experience.

The game heavily relies on its borrowed, heavy rain style gameplay, however without the ambience, and the depth of emotion from the characters, to drive the engine every gamer has, this was destined to be a one way trip down memory lane, with the words "I really wanted this to work" springing to mind.

As a pure hearted gamer, its hard not to look for negatives, and I'm unhappy this game did not tick enough boxes, to give it the praise that telltale were digging deep for.
  11. Nov 17, 2011
    Just to be clear, I'm a big fan of Telltale Games. I usually love all of their adventure games, no matter their difficulty or their overall quality. I've always found them entertaining because I've always loved adventure games, and I still do.

Jurassic Park: The Game brings a new format to Telltale, in the style of games like Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy. However, in its futile attempt to be a part of this QTE filled genre, it falls flat on its face due to a number of missing things that made Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy the games they were.

First of all, the story is lacking. It has little to nothing to do with the original movies, and everything else seems stale and bland. There aren't any shocking plot twists or really any vibe to the story itself at all, like there were in HR or even some of Telltale's other games (ToMI, Sam and Max, BTTF, etc.). Another thing that was a huge deal breaker was gameplay and the animation to go along with it. The reason why Heavy Rain was playable as a game (which was completely filled with QTE's) was because the animation was so smooth and realistic that it didn't bother the player when you pressed buttons to do actions; they just flowed naturally. Jurassic Park however, doesn't follow suit. Animations are stiff, like all the characters are made out of wood, and actions tend to pause for a split second before and after you press (or don't press) the required button, resulting in a break in immersion. This would be fine if it was a traditional game with only a few QTE's; I've seen this kind of thing before in other games like first person shooters, third person shooter, etc. But for a game that relies entirely on QTE's, that sort of thing is just unacceptable. It feels awkward and, honestly, terrible to even keep playing past the 30 minutes. I had to force myself to play what I had.

I suppose there ARE a few pros to go along with it though. The graphics are nice for a Telltale game; their games aren't the most advanced and sophisticated things out there, but Jurassic Park has some good texture work and pretty good lighting (in relation to their other games of course). The video settings allow for a lot of customization as well, like post-processing and anti-aliasing, the kind of thing I would expect from a PC game. (I realize that this is the 360 section, I figured I'll post it here anyway) The sound is also pretty good, the classic dinosaur roars and sound effects will make you think back to the old movies, which is a good sign considering what this game is supposed to be. However, the same cannot be said about the voice acting, which is uninspired, flat, unconvincing and makes it really hard for the player to honestly care about anything anyone is doing. Overall, Jurassic Park: The Game is a very, very, VERY big disappointment. I'm giving it a 2 for the 2 pros I listed above, but that's about it. I feel like Telltale made a very bad decision in releasing all these episodes at once instead of monthly. Usually with their episodic methods, they are able to fix up things that were complained about in previous episodes and make it an overall better experience. Releasing them all at once eliminated this possibility, and the results show; each episode is as boring and uninspired as the last. If you want something to bore you to tears while you Press X to Not Die, then I don't even think I could recommend you this; $30 is too much for this game. The game was gifted to me and I'm REALLY sorry for whoever did do so. This won't be a game I'll be touching ever again.
  12. Nov 20, 2011
    Was this a port from the PS2? Played this game for about 10 minutes. It was like watching a bulldog eat mayonnaise off the floor. It was sloppy and uncomfortable all at the same time and made me want to shower right afterwards. With all the quality games out right now, this monstrosity should make the $10 dump bin at Walmart in no time.
  13. Nov 28, 2011
    I give this a 10 to balance out the +60 nerds that gave this a zero without playing it. This kind of actions destroy the purpose of a site like Metacritics.
  14. Nov 19, 2011
    The "revenge zeros" are extremely unfair, as are the biased "Internal Tens", so I thought I'd write a review since i actually PLAYED it. Comparing it to Heavy Rain is most applicable. Story is interesting, gameplay isn't. However, if you've played any of Telltale's other games, you know it's not going to be CoD. Which brings me to my point: How great would it have been to make aThe "revenge zeros" are extremely unfair, as are the biased "Internal Tens", so I thought I'd write a review since i actually PLAYED it. Comparing it to Heavy Rain is most applicable. Story is interesting, gameplay isn't. However, if you've played any of Telltale's other games, you know it's not going to be CoD. Which brings me to my point: How great would it have been to make a Jurassic Park game that was a "survive on the Island" game? When I played Dead Island, I kept thinking, "man, this would have been awesome if the zombies were dinosaurs and we were on Isla Sorna or Isla Nublar". Wishful fanboy thinking, I guess. Expand
  15. Nov 17, 2011
    For a game developer that prides itself at story telling and being big Jurassic Park fans, Telltale fail badly at both. This game is a huge, huge let down. The game has practically nothing to do with the film other than finding the Barbasol can and discovering Dennis Nedrys corpse at the start of the game. The voice acting and dialogue in this game is atrocious and cheesy, the CharactersFor a game developer that prides itself at story telling and being big Jurassic Park fans, Telltale fail badly at both. This game is a huge, huge let down. The game has practically nothing to do with the film other than finding the Barbasol can and discovering Dennis Nedrys corpse at the start of the game. The voice acting and dialogue in this game is atrocious and cheesy, the Characters are either boring, annoying or just don't belong in a Jurassic park game. Telltale missed so many great opportunities to make this a great game for Jurassic park fans to revist and explore key areas of the film.... What about discovering Robert Muldoons SPAS-12 shotgun and his hat that he removed just before his famous last words? Or revisting the Tyrannosaur paddock and finding the trashed tour cars and Gennaro? Discovering what happend to Ray Arnold in the maintenance shed? or evan finding a frozen raptor that was trapped in the freezer in the Kitchen scene? The great locations of the film are hardly seen, insted we vist ridiculous areas such as a rollercoaster in one of the most pointless and dumbest scenes in the whole game. For a game that considers itself to be faithful to the original film, it is a massive failure. Expand
  16. Nov 18, 2011
    It isn't a point'n'click game - it's more like a bad cartoon with pushing buttons. Bad and boring. It's better to give money to charity than spend it on this hardly entertaining product.
  17. Nov 18, 2011
    This is a good game. Good story, characters and tension. Loved the movies, thought the story and interactive movie style is good fit. There seems to be a lot of people on here rating 0 who don't seem to have said they even played the game. I read the article, do I care that someone worked on the game rated it 10? No. They have the right to their opinion, at least they are giving anThis is a good game. Good story, characters and tension. Loved the movies, thought the story and interactive movie style is good fit. There seems to be a lot of people on here rating 0 who don't seem to have said they even played the game. I read the article, do I care that someone worked on the game rated it 10? No. They have the right to their opinion, at least they are giving an opinion after HAVING PLAYED THE GAME!!!! Expand
  18. Nov 18, 2011
    Very enjoyable game if you are a fan of jurassic park you will love this game the only thing is that i wish they had made it an arcade game not a disc game for the xbox 360 good job telltale
  19. Nov 19, 2011
    If you're going to have employees come here to inflate your scores, I figure it's legitimate to have people who've never played it (like myself) write reviews to deflate the score in turn.
  20. Nov 18, 2011
    This game has earned its rightful place at the side of all those Atari 2600 ET cartridges that were buried under a landfill in El Paso. I played the Xbox 360 version of this game on a (losing) bet and found it to be, more than anything, a very effective laxative, as I found myself running to the bathroom to empty my bowels every time I played this masterpiece for more than 15 minutes.This game has earned its rightful place at the side of all those Atari 2600 ET cartridges that were buried under a landfill in El Paso. I played the Xbox 360 version of this game on a (losing) bet and found it to be, more than anything, a very effective laxative, as I found myself running to the bathroom to empty my bowels every time I played this masterpiece for more than 15 minutes. Telltale should indeed be praised for creating the first ever digital form of gastroenteritis. If the adventure genre were a child, this game would be an unwitting guest in Dateline's "To Catch a Predator." Bravo, Telltale Games, bravo. You guys should take up pottery, or perhaps woodworking, because the gaming industry needs you about as much as a hooker needs syphilis. Expand
  21. Nov 20, 2011
    i like this game good story i like the movie i like everything of thes univers of jurassic park jeje i like much the dinos my congratulation for thes game i love
  22. Dec 12, 2011
    Signed up just to rate this game. I loved it and thought it was a better sequel than both The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3. Also I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with developers rating their own game... I'm sure President Obama voted for himself.
  23. Nov 18, 2011
    I don't often feel inclined to write a full review on a game, but for Jurassic Park: The Game, I will make an exception. The reason being that I AM A HUGE JURASSIC PARK FAN. If the same is true for you, then you will love this game. If not, then you will hate it because its not really that good of a game. It's that simple. The entire game, from story, to music, to jokes is fan service andI don't often feel inclined to write a full review on a game, but for Jurassic Park: The Game, I will make an exception. The reason being that I AM A HUGE JURASSIC PARK FAN. If the same is true for you, then you will love this game. If not, then you will hate it because its not really that good of a game. It's that simple. The entire game, from story, to music, to jokes is fan service and to be getting a new JP game 18 years after the movie released is just an awesome experience! Rating for a Jurassic Park fan = 8. Rating if not = 5 Expand
  24. Nov 19, 2011
    This game was always a flawed gameplay experience, from its inception every preview build that was shown was unpleasant to play and Telltale does not offer a compelling enough story experience to make up for it. Don't believe the hyperbole the developers posted as user reviews. They know the game is poor and desperately wanted to raise the score.
  25. Nov 19, 2011
    Two low key developers from the Telltale staff rates the game 10 on the user section of Metacritic, and suddenly you have waves of Internet Heroes rating it 0 to punish them. Like this isn't something that happens on every single game title released ever, you idiots.

Adding a 10 just to mess things up.
  26. Nov 19, 2011
    TellTale? More Like TellFail and that's the truth! This game sucks so much that they are offering it for free for anybody that is a PSN Plus Subscriber,

And I also hear that the own developers of the game are writing metacritic reviews for their own game
    simply pathetic
  27. Nov 18, 2011
    This game is an uninspired mess. As a Jurassic Park fan I'm very disappointed. Shame on the developers (Telltale) for putting out a product like this and for posting here on Metacritic to try to inflate their game's score.
  28. Nov 18, 2011
    Jurassic Park: The Game does justice to the original movie and succeeds in telling an entertaining story. Unfortunately the game offers very little replay value and the graphics are less than inspiring (although the dinosaurs look impressive). Fans of the original movie should enjoy the experience but hardcore gets should stay away from this game at all costs! Despite what you may readJurassic Park: The Game does justice to the original movie and succeeds in telling an entertaining story. Unfortunately the game offers very little replay value and the graphics are less than inspiring (although the dinosaurs look impressive). Fans of the original movie should enjoy the experience but hardcore gets should stay away from this game at all costs! Despite what you may read there is intact gameplay that does offer a bit of a challenge (all games require you to essentially push buttons and watch). The gameplay is built entirely of QuickTime events (Oh no!). The game manages to make impressive use of the movie's original sounds however the team at telltale games failed to properly use the film's soundtrack properly and that can take away from the nostalgia. The voice acting is a bit lacking at Times and the character's facial expressions are sloppy and oddly humorous. The game is about six hours in length and the achievments are fairly simple to get but we can all agree that it was at least better than the third movie. 6/10 Expand
  29. Nov 18, 2011
    Is Jurassic Park worth your time? If you're a big fan of the movies, you should at least rent it purely because it caters so much to fans of the series. There's so many inside-jokes and references to the original films and books that it'll have you giggling with glee like the Dino fan it focuses towards. However, while this game has a lot of heart, it could've been so much better. You haveIs Jurassic Park worth your time? If you're a big fan of the movies, you should at least rent it purely because it caters so much to fans of the series. There's so many inside-jokes and references to the original films and books that it'll have you giggling with glee like the Dino fan it focuses towards. However, while this game has a lot of heart, it could've been so much better. You have to admit that this is a game made from an independent game company, so the graphics can't exactly be top notch. The story on the other hand, is amazing. I'm a HUGE fan of the Jurassic Park films and I think the story to this game is much better than both of the sequels to the original movie. That alone makes the game worth checking out as well.
    However, you can't deny the reviews in that this game is riddled with flaws. When I first bought the game, I thought that it was supposed to work as a "Choose your own adventure" story, in which every decision you made affected the story in the long run. But that's not how it works at all. If you make a mistake, you start over. If your character says the wrong thing, you choose something else to say until you think of the right thing. It's ridiculous. Fixing something like that would instantly make the game twice as interesting as well as actually giving the game some replay value.
    If you're a big Jurassic Park fan, rent it. If not, don't bother. What's really depressing is that the game could've made a great Jurassic Park movie. But as far as a game goes, Telltale really dropped the ball on this one with a concept that could've been much, much better.

But hey, Jurassic Park fans, if you're looking for a god Jurassic Park game to play, I suggest checking out Operation Genesis for consoles and PC. It's really easy, but it's very entertaining and a hell of a lot more planned out than this game.
  30. Nov 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the sequel I've waited 18 years for! From a story standpoint, this has everything a Jurassic Park movie should have. It feels just like the original movie but with new twists. You can really tell how much care and hard work they put into making this game for the hardcore JP fans like me. There was even something about the camera angles and compositions that gives you the same intense/wonderful feeling that the original movie did. Ever wondered what become of that Barbasol can? Well now we know!! Okay, now on to the nitpicks. This 'game' really isn't a game at all. It's an interactive movie where your decisions have little to no impact on the outcome. At certain points of the story, you have to use your mouse or arrow keys to make your character do certain actions or they die or just bumble around like a drunken idiot. Some key presses have to be done very quickly, but if you fail, you just immediately try again. The only thing that really made it difficult was the distractions of cool looking dinosaurs when you are supposed to be keeping an eye out for the small arrows on screen. In certain parts you are able to guide a conversation but it obviously wants you to pick certain dialogue items to keep the story going where they wanted it to. Pick the wrong one and it just goes back so you can select the other. There were some interesting puzzles to solve but they were rare. Some other nitpicks: no Brachiosaurus, the Velociraptors looked and sounded just like the original ones from the first movie but for some reason they just were not as strong and threatening as they were in the movie. You will just have to play it to see what I mean. The main character of the game had a very small part in the original movie(more so in the novel but I'm only comparing it to the movie) and that's fine, but he looked completely different. In the movie he is a older guy with a mustache and in the game he is more of generic leading-man type. Even if they based him off the original novel description(I don't know if they did as I haven't read the book in years) I don't think that was a good idea. Part of the story was about the relationship with his daughter and while all of the Jurassic Park movies have included some parent/child relationship issues, it still came off as a little cheesy and it's something I've never really cared for. So anyway, that's my review. I kept hearing that this game was getting some bad reviews and there was even some alleged 'fake' positive reviews from the company employees who made it. I just thought I would provide an honest positive review from someone who did truly enjoy playing(or actually watching) this 'game.' Expand
  31. omb
    Nov 19, 2011
    The developers knew the game would score poorly(look at critics review, they say it's garbage), so they tried to scam players with fake reviews trying to get you to buy their game. This is saddening and shady to say the least. They knew damn well this game wasn't a ten, but they probably profit based on sales so they had no qualms with cheating you out of your hard earned money. Until TTThe developers knew the game would score poorly(look at critics review, they say it's garbage), so they tried to scam players with fake reviews trying to get you to buy their game. This is saddening and shady to say the least. They knew damn well this game wasn't a ten, but they probably profit based on sales so they had no qualms with cheating you out of your hard earned money. Until TT officially releases an apology I will never support any of their products again. Collapse

1. Dec 10, 2011
    If the game is for you or not, one thing is for sureā€¦the experience far exceeds Jurassic Park 2, nuff said.
  2. Dec 7, 2011
    In a perfect world there would have only been one Jurassic movie sequel and this would have been it, but thanks to Telltale Games, you can still experience Spielberg's dream movie in what can only be described as the perfect blend of interactive cinema and adventure gaming.
  3. Nov 28, 2011
    Jurassic Park: The Game gets the licence utterly perfect, offering a thrilling rollercoaster ride (sometimes literally) of dinosaurs, tension and action, but still wise enough to slow down, let you and the characters catch their collective breath, and unwind with a simple puzzle or two.