8.1

1. Oct 10, 2013
    PLEASE BUY THIS GAME it's truly a magnificent game made by rare.controls,gameplay,graphics,story,voice acting,it's all good. despite the fact that the game can be very easy at times.
  2. Oct 3, 2011
    Story: 7 Characters: 8 Graphics: 9 Setting: 10 Multiplayer: 7 Soundtrack: 8 Audio: 6 Gameplay: 7 Re-Playability Value: 6 Fun Factor: 8 Score: 7.6/10 = B
  3. Aug 4, 2012
    Most underrated game on the 360 and a masterpiece. If you like adventure games in any way in the mold of Zelda or Banjo Kazooie you owe it to yourself to play this. Almost perfect.
  4. Cutter
    Dec 3, 2005
    This game is too short. Don't buy it just rent it. It's a great rent. You can beat it in like 10-15 hours tops. There are some cool unlockables and stuff but really dont bother buying it cause it has no mutliplayer. There are lots of great attacks you can do with your differentm monsters and it has some of the best boss battles I've ever seen so it's worth playing.
  5. Charlotte
    Jan 14, 2006
    the best its great good design colours great no problem with them so this is a must buy for anyone who likes action and colourful games :)
  6. MichelB.
    Feb 28, 2007
    I give this game a 10 - with the new expert mode, costumes and other things to download, this game offers plenty of things to do and a remarkable playtime. It's an interesting journey with a lot of great and unique ideas and a complex combat system that really shines out once you've mastered it. The first time I finished Level one for example, I had only a few thousand points - I give this game a 10 - with the new expert mode, costumes and other things to download, this game offers plenty of things to do and a remarkable playtime. It's an interesting journey with a lot of great and unique ideas and a complex combat system that really shines out once you've mastered it. The first time I finished Level one for example, I had only a few thousand points - now I get over 30 millions. There is so much to discover, so many devastating combos to learn... if you really want. Expand
  7. Mr.Review
    Aug 28, 2006
    Kameo is whimsical, and it contains all aspects of the most exhilerating and original platforming adventure romps of the last decade. We have the twist, the unique appliance of the warriors and the ability to transform. We have the absolutely stunning visuals, throwing aback even the most jaded of gamers. kameo is gorgeous. Yet, like virtually any title of recent generations, there are Kameo is whimsical, and it contains all aspects of the most exhilerating and original platforming adventure romps of the last decade. We have the twist, the unique appliance of the warriors and the ability to transform. We have the absolutely stunning visuals, throwing aback even the most jaded of gamers. kameo is gorgeous. Yet, like virtually any title of recent generations, there are flaws. First of all, the game is quite short, even for a child-oriented platformer, the game clocks in at around 8-10 hours. Though the game is 'childish' in aspects of the character design and plotholes, its still a respectable adventure for any 360 owner. The environments are so cliche, you wonder how much creativity was desired to design them. The wariors, like any twist of any excellent adventure title, are unique in style and approach. using the abilities of one warior, you can obtain a new one to access new more gorgeous arenas. On a final note, the game does get repetitive, and is surprisingly slow paced. it seems as if you are going in slow motion through a large portion of the game. Yes, the game is stunning in presentation, offering visuals rivalling any other 360 title to date, and yes; the game has its hooks to keep you entertained into the conclusive ending. But with that applied, Kameo is too short and quite frankly; does not need to exist. With lower graphical qualities, it could pass as an original xbox title. But with Rare just beginning its 360 experience, Kameo is by no means a fair performance. A sure purchase for single player fans, and those alike who simply appreciate a wonderful and visually superior experience. Expand
  8. Aug 20, 2014
    This game is so greatly under-appreciated. If this game had come out for Gamecube or even WiiU today it would be a top hit, just turns out a great Rare adventure game came to X360 and no one cared.

It is just a beautiful game and the art style reminds me a lot of the first Jak and Daxter game. This game would have even done better on a Sony platform. A few updates that add a lot to

A few updates that add a lot to the game. In Spring of 06 Rare/MS released a free multi player pack. This pack adds both system link and xbox live co-op. Also for those complaining about the difficulty. They released what they called a power pack, which now costs $1. Well worth it as it ads an expert mode to both solo and co-op and it also adds several additional co-op player modes.

Truly there are very few games like this on the X360 so if you want to a cartoony action adventure like those on Nintendo and Sony platforms then try this game, it looks great (especially considering its a launch title) and it provides good fun for one or two players. Last comment and that is the musical score is awesome!
  9. May 27, 2012
    I love old school Rare games and was excited to play this, but the controls were unbearable. I bet this was a good game, but the controls just ruined the game for me.
  10. Jun 17, 2014
    This is the best game ever. of all time. Go play this game now. Its completely worth your money. Its imaginative and fun. Everyone needs to play this game.
  11. BenG.
    Mar 28, 2007
    The gameplay is mind-numbingly methodical and the entire game feels like it's in slow motion. On top of that, the game sports outright horrible creative design complete with quiet voices and droning dialogue. This is one of the ugliest and worst games I have ever played. I don't have a single good thing to say about Kameo.
  12. DylanY.
    Jan 28, 2006
    Horrible. I just hated this game so much. I found the transformation to be a pain, and the figting to be worse than onimusha blade warriors.
  13. Saber
    Nov 26, 2005
    The actual great thing about this game is that it brings back memories of the most stunning of the RPGs that exist today. Almost each and every RPG started a mythical realm, with european medieval creatures like orcs, goblins, ogres, wizards, fairies and dragons. Kameo is such a game that captures the real aspects of all those kinds and makes an excellent fairy tale. Cute and colourful The actual great thing about this game is that it brings back memories of the most stunning of the RPGs that exist today. Almost each and every RPG started a mythical realm, with european medieval creatures like orcs, goblins, ogres, wizards, fairies and dragons. Kameo is such a game that captures the real aspects of all those kinds and makes an excellent fairy tale. Cute and colourful graphics, very hi resolution renderings and great sound effects...but this game does have its lackings : Some technological improvements have been made but none that we have not already seen. The game uses autosaving so there are no save menu if you don't bother but that is what havebeen done in "Primal" for PS2 by Sony. There are supposed to be morphings in the game but these are actually character swappings in the rush of bright lights rather than real morphs, once again, real morphs can be already seen on the character 'Scree' of the same game "Primal". There is still so less exploration in the environsment itself and we don't know why there is still loading between two stages successive stages. The gameply time is too short although with the turn of the generations we expected something more like a 20+ average. The "KAMEO" was possible on the current gen although it may not have had such beautifully detailed graphics there. Kamoe is a great game in itself but not so fulfilling from the next-gen perspective that it could have satisfied the new system buyers. The expectation from the "next-gen graphics" was more like the renderings of the CGI movies like The Shrek, this game makes that not happen...although it could have been delayed in order to do so. Expand
  14. Jan 16, 2013
    As a Launch title for the Xbox 360, it's a decent game. It's short and simple and even after jumping between more consoles during development then any other game, it turned out alright. The Puzzles and Game-play feel dated, but the game was originally intended for the Nintendo consoles where that kind of thing is still tolerated. The story is cheesy and the voice acting and overly epicAs a Launch title for the Xbox 360, it's a decent game. It's short and simple and even after jumping between more consoles during development then any other game, it turned out alright. The Puzzles and Game-play feel dated, but the game was originally intended for the Nintendo consoles where that kind of thing is still tolerated. The story is cheesy and the voice acting and overly epic music don't help this game feel like it's going for any audience at all. Overall it was worth then $8 at Game Stop, but I do feel sorry for those who got it at launch. Expand
  15. Jun 23, 2013
    Game was enjoyable, It was definitely more of a children's game. I will admit that I am playing it years after it's initial release so taking that into context it probably deserves better than what I am giving, but in today's playground this game is pretty dated. Boring plot, easy game play but an altogether uplifting environment. Kind of like sleeping in on a sunday, maybe not that good.
  16. ChrisN.
    Nov 28, 2005
    Unpolished control and camera oscure the gameplay, which revolves around a lacklustre group of enemy AI's. Graphically beset with problems, not least the generally poor overall direction. Rather than revealing new details, the new resolutions underline how bad games can be from an art direction perspective. Had it shipped on N64, it could have been an 8, but the years have not been kind.
  17. TedO.
    Feb 1, 2006
    This is one of the most innovative and fun 360 launch games! Very clever, not too difficult, lots to see and do.
  18. SpencerH.
    Mar 7, 2006
    i think this game is a combination of 3 adventure games, Zelda, Fable and Tomb Raider, and i loved all of those games in there prime. So in my opinion this game is the next great RPG, untill the next one comes out. I'll keep this game forever.
  19. GabbyL.
    Jun 20, 2006
    This game reminds me of so many great games! its a good game for everyone! not to scary and yet not too kiddish. i just wish it were longer!
  20. TaraD.
    Jul 7, 2006
    I loved this game! I would have given it a 10 if it were longer and you were able to play with all 10 warriors for longer.
  21. RedXIII
    Oct 16, 2006
    Though this game may look a lot like a kids game on the outside, inside lurks a game that will draw you into the world of Kameo. A very fun game, graphics are good, gameplay is good, sound good, storyline good, everything is good besides the fact that it takes a couple of hours to finish, sure there are other gameplay option such as score attack, but really nothing to rave about. Overall Though this game may look a lot like a kids game on the outside, inside lurks a game that will draw you into the world of Kameo. A very fun game, graphics are good, gameplay is good, sound good, storyline good, everything is good besides the fact that it takes a couple of hours to finish, sure there are other gameplay option such as score attack, but really nothing to rave about. Overall this game is great fun for adults, but is a little short rent over the weekend or you can buy because its cheap now. Expand
  22. ACE5
    Dec 10, 2006
    I think RARE lost track of what they were suppose to do with this game. Kameo create a good gaming experience, but doesn't give gamers the full potential of what kameo could have been. My theory is that cameo should have involved some of the elements from Starfox:DP where kameo would do most of her combat with a weapon, like a staff that could be used to hit or shoot magic balls or I think RARE lost track of what they were suppose to do with this game. Kameo create a good gaming experience, but doesn't give gamers the full potential of what kameo could have been. My theory is that cameo should have involved some of the elements from Starfox:DP where kameo would do most of her combat with a weapon, like a staff that could be used to hit or shoot magic balls or something. Next I think they should have focused on using the elemental creatures like final fantasy uses their aeons, so that you don't get tired of using the creatures. Because as it stands, there is really no reason to become kameo, when all the aeons have the power. And let's not forget we bought the game because of the main character "Kameo", we didn't buy a game that was simply called "Elements of power". If rare makes another one of these I hope they incorperate these ideas, because if they had have planned the game right, it could have been the Xbox 360's answer to Zelda. Expand
  23. BenjaminN.
    Feb 21, 2006
    Great game, just a little too short. I love all the different characters you get to play with. Great rental.
  24. DeschampsS.
    Mar 17, 2006
    Great adventure game, fantastic graphics and audio orchestra. Seems childlish at the first look but many well designed puzzle waiting to be solve. Statics characters haven't much to say.
  25. StephenHess
    Dec 27, 2008
    This is an excellent game. Rarely have I enjoyed a game as much as Kameo, and believe me... I've played my share over the past 20 years.

It's too bad that trolls like Ben G. have to mar the score. The phrase 'mind-numbingly methodical' and 'slow motion' are the last I would use to describe my experience with Kameo. It's a dynamic adventure that moves at a very fast pace.

Beyond that, the voices are excellent, the score is enchanting, the story is simple but well told, the controls are tight, the graphics are beautiful, and the style is both cohesive and creative.

Do not listen to the likes of Ben G.; give this game a shot, and you will see the evidence that Rare is still a powerhouse developer with which to be reckoned...
  26. Matthew
    Nov 17, 2005
    got an advance media xbox360 and a couple games. this one is getting the most of my time. the world is immersive, the design is flawless and the control is fluid. a bit confusing for the first hour or so, but once you get into it, you don't wanna put it down! a must have, and i tyhink, the best game for the launch.
  27. Roquentin
    Nov 26, 2005
    This one's definitely worth checking out (you pretty much have to, given the limited selection of 360 games), but a few negatives: The environments, while beautiful, are strangely claustrophobic. Most of the voice acting is poor and a significant portion of the humor falls flat, though that's subjective. If you prefer an inverted controller axis like me, note that the inverted This one's definitely worth checking out (you pretty much have to, given the limited selection of 360 games), but a few negatives: The environments, while beautiful, are strangely claustrophobic. Most of the voice acting is poor and a significant portion of the humor falls flat, though that's subjective. If you prefer an inverted controller axis like me, note that the inverted control preference does not carry through in some modes and perspectives, which can be a bit frustrating. Expand
  28. LeonardM.
    Nov 28, 2005
    This game has great sound, great graphics for this type of game. If you have the next gen xbox360 , what are u waiting for Kameo Elements of Power is out, and it has a great story line and cool characters and its a ACTION, ADVENTURE game.
  29. Fred
    Nov 23, 2005
    I'm not done with it yet but it's really good so far. The opening castle was tough, and the game looks awesome. Haters are just poor people who haven't seen it in hi-def.
  30. Jun 6, 2015
    Wow. What a gem.

Wow. What a gem.

Lush, magical music & graphics (seriously, the music in this game is brilliant and very fitting, reminds me of the Monkey Island series); fluid, inventive and simple-yet-fun gameplay in the classic Nintendo mold; fresh ideas and challenges constantly being thrown at you; controlable elementals full of personality and character; and some great down to earth humour too. It's simply brilliant.

On the downside it can be a bit simple at times, and is definitely a bit too easy, but it's just so much fun that it doesn't seem to matter. The challenge actually comes from enemies, obstacles and puzzles stopping you from progressing as opposed to them doing much to kill you, but overall it works a treat.

I bough this for £3.50.......£3.50! Do yourself a favour - especially if you're a fan of games such as Super Mario World for the SNES & Ocarina of Time - buy it! I personally actually prefer it to Ocarina of Time as it flows better and slicker.

Thankyou to all involved in this game. Just brilliant!
  31. Feb 16, 2017
    The visuals of the game were fantastic. It felt stylized and was fun to run around in while I explored the terrain, and each character has a set of unique skins that they can use thoughout the game. Personally I wished they came up with a few more interesting skins for certain characters, since they did not have any interesting skins to choose.
    The gameplay varies from boring and tedious
    The gameplay varies from boring and tedious to fun and interesting. The problem is that not all of the characters are particularly useful, and are created for certain gimmicks or for certain enemies, while others (such as the last character you unlock) is so overpowered, that you don't need to use anyone else, unless the game forces you too.
    Too many sections in the game I found were "Kill this set of enemies in this way to progress" or "Do a certain gimmick that character does again to progress", or some combination of both, which gets boring after a while.
    At other points I got lost in what the game wanted me to do, because I either misinterpreted a cutscene, or missed an enemy, causing me to either use the hint system, or wander around in circles until I figured out what to do.
    There was potential for good gameplay however. I enjoyed the early game when everything was new, and I had the opportunity to solve different puzzles. The villagers in each town are also pretty interesting to talk to, and often provide extra background to the town you are in, or certain bits of information on how to deal with enemies or solve puzzles.
    The plot was not that interesting us presented in an unbalanced manner, leaving me confused once I went to the final part of the game.
    Essentially when the player saves an important family member, they reveal part of the backstory, but since there are only 3 people to save, there is a ton of backstory that has to be delivered, which left me bored and wanting to get back to exploring the game. If they had spread it out more, say to some of the villagers I was interacting with, then it wouldn't have been so bad.
    Overall I gave this game a 7/10. Not the best of Rareware, but certainly not the worst. If you get this game as part of the Rare replay set, I would recommend playing it, otherwise I would only recommend this title after you've played/finished some of their other titles (such as Banjo-Kazooie or Conkers bad fur day)
  32. Jan 14, 2016
    this game is wonderful if you are fan of beating stuff the F**k up you will at most like this game or love like i have the story, characters, the warriors you play as all of just makes me love this game.

1. It's packed with clever and entertaining action, not to mention some of the most highly impressive, razor-sharp graphics you've ever seen, along with terrific music and sound. Kameo feels rather disjointed at first, and it's not a particularly long game, but it ultimately provides a rousing, memorable journey.
    Rare is still very much Rare: inspiration is taken from multiple sources, a solid-but-unspectacular game is built on that inspiration, every imaginable color and graphical effect is dumped on top of it, and everyone is given an awful pun for a name.
    The main problem though, is that this game was made as a single player experience and cramming a two player mode into it feels awkward. The stages and balance just aren't designed for multiple players.