Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Xbox 360

5.2

1. Aug 23, 2010
    I enjoyed this game. I was able to beat the single player campaign on normal in just over 3 hours, a very intense, albeit short experience. It is very action heavy with minimal story. I turned off the shaky camera and the graphics suite the action and story well. The story was good, but a little disappointing, *spoiler* especially near the end. The multiplayer is a lot of fun when you canI enjoyed this game. I was able to beat the single player campaign on normal in just over 3 hours, a very intense, albeit short experience. It is very action heavy with minimal story. I turned off the shaky camera and the graphics suite the action and story well. The story was good, but a little disappointing, *spoiler* especially near the end. The multiplayer is a lot of fun when you can find a good game. Most games there is lag and you see people drifting around and floating etc, but when you get a good game with a host with a good connection it is very intense and fun, especially undercover cop, and fragile alliance. Cops and robbers is ok, but pretty much a team deathmatch with loot, I didn't enjoy that mode at all. I am hoping they patch the match making as some times it is difficult to find a game with constant lobby closing, and hosting a game takes far to long to get a full lobby. If they fix the lag issues as well the multiplayer experience would be top notch, but how it is I would only reccommend for fans of the series as most everything needs a slight fix. I really enjoyed the single player, but was left a little disappointment, the multiplayer is fun when it works. Expand
  2. Aug 22, 2010
    Huge improvement over the previous game. Single Player is repetitive and is more just a one dimensional cover to cover shooter without all the exciting set pieces that make cover to cover shooters fun. It really only has one exciting level in the game and it is close to the end. Other than that it is just a short romp through the single player. It will take only 4 to 5 hours to completeHuge improvement over the previous game. Single Player is repetitive and is more just a one dimensional cover to cover shooter without all the exciting set pieces that make cover to cover shooters fun. It really only has one exciting level in the game and it is close to the end. Other than that it is just a short romp through the single player. It will take only 4 to 5 hours to complete and that is it, with little to no incentive to go through it again. I actually really like the characters of Kane and Lynch. Both completely psychotic, yet still give you the sense that they are still somewhat relatable characters. It is a shame they cannot get a overall better plot line to work with. I think if they are to make another game, it needs to really rethink alot of the story options

I think the only real saving grace to the game is the awesome visuals. It looks like the whole game is being played on a real crappy camera. It really adds to the gritty overall feel of the game. One thing I still don't agree with is the censorship of headshots and such (it just put a big blur over a persons head when you blow their brains out). Still...you grow to not really care about it.

Co-op story play is a joke, set up very strange and honestly...there are much better co-op shooters out there you can play. The multiplayer is pretty cool and a much different take on the genre and really is the only shining game mode to the game. However, I don't see it drawing you away from whatever AAA multiplayer title you play. Just a simple distraction that can be fun for a day or two then you quickly forget about it.

Overall, Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days is an improvement over the original but still isn't going in the right direction. It is hard to stand out in the shooter genre anymore. While I had some fun with the game, it is nothing I can recommend as a buy. If you want a different multiplayer experience for just a bit, give it a rent. If not..your really not missing anything special.
  3. Aug 26, 2010
    First, we can see that the graphics are really differents of others games. It is "bugging". Also, it is not realist at all. The targets seems to be made in metal, sometimes. I didn't like this game at all. I give 3/10 beause it is a good game for the fans and for those who really really really like this style of game.
  4. Aug 17, 2010
    Whether you judge the sequel on the first absolute flop your going to end up at the same place and thats a waste of time and effort. Kane and Lynch 2 again tried to ride the wave of hype and promise that it will deliver and learn from its mistakes.

Well as many games before it and Im sure many more to come, it delivers nothing new, with little excitement and tries to push grit and gore on you in cut scene's as it knows the gameplay will just simply bore you to tears. Kane and Lynch 2 follows more in the footsteps of Reservoir Dogs ( the game ), Stranglehold, WET, Army of Two ( 1 and 2) and then every other FPS out there. However the story lines, game play, graphics, physics, and general game play were done so much better even from games made long before this coaster or dust collector. Whether it be from incredible poor AI, a graphics system destined on providing you an image of grainy gameplay in an attempt to create atmosphere yet even on a 50 Inch LED comes of as just old and outdated ( God I would hate to play this on an old 68 cm CRT ) or even have gore and risk in the cut scenes only to actually blur or cut out anything that would warrant the game get some sort of mention for pushing boundaries. I know I wasnt expecting much, and surely got even less than I expected but to see games on new consoles being delivered with hype time and time again and then seeing nothing more than out dated, heartless, boring, run of the mill rubbish its a wonder that people arent just packing up the console and moving on to something else. Yet as we come out a global financial crisis, people are still getting payed to release absolute rubbish, dont waste your time or money just hang in there and hope this crap is just a bad dream.

1. games(TM)
    Arguably succeeds more as a mood piece. [Issue#100, p.134]
  2. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is an interesting beast because it really shouldn't exist. Outside of a unique art style it brings nothing new to the genre and does little to improve over the original game, which I might add, was far from a good game.
  3. Its most striking ideas don't fulfil their promise, and its successes are etched by pervasive minor flaws. The towering, terrifying city, and the lens through which it is shot, drag you onwards through the game's lesser parts, but you sense that the real crime in this whole bloody escapade is that it doesn't live up to its dark flashes of imagination.