3.5

1. Apr 3, 2012
    It is an amazing Kinect-Game and the best out there. The Presentation ist good, Controls great and there is a lot of Content to enjoy. What may piss people off is, that the Game is a family game and not a core game as many of us would have expected but regardless of that : A damn good family game.
  2. May 11, 2012
    This is a fun game, not for core game players, obviously, but perfectly enjoyable for what amounts to a Kinect arcade offering. I think the dancing was silly but the kids really love it. In fact, the kids (7 and 10 yrs) are very reluctant to stop playing. I would recommend this to anyone who isn't looking for a life changing game.
  3. Apr 4, 2012
    Great game if you have Kinect, functionality works well and there is virtually no lag. If you enjoy your star wars game / Kinect games then you get this, or at least try the demo.
  4. Apr 11, 2012
    I'm not even a Star Wars fan because I've never seen a movie yet. But Kinect Star Wars is a real fun game. I've been playing for a while and in my opinion, it's a game only for fun, to feel like a Jedi or a Monster. I haven't played the dance part, I don't like dancing, but the rest of the game is amazing. And the 3D effects are great. The first Kinect game with 3D support I'veI'm not even a Star Wars fan because I've never seen a movie yet. But Kinect Star Wars is a real fun game. I've been playing for a while and in my opinion, it's a game only for fun, to feel like a Jedi or a Monster. I haven't played the dance part, I don't like dancing, but the rest of the game is amazing. And the 3D effects are great. The first Kinect game with 3D support I've played and I'm happy with this game. Kinect games can't be reviewed as a "serious" Star Wars game in my opinion. Kinect is fun and the aim of those games is only to have lots of fun. I think that it's one of the best Kinect games, so I rate it an excellent game. Expand
  5. Apr 26, 2012
    THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!!!!! THIS GAME HAS AMAZING GAMEPLAY IN EVERY SINGLE SECTION. I REALLY LOVE THE DANCE BATTLE PART OF THE GAME BECAUSE IT MADE MY CHILDHOOD EVEN BETTER. THE ONLY THING THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THIS GAME IS TDM, DOMINATION, AND SEARCH AND DESTROY. ALSO KILLSTREAKS WOULDN'T HURT. BUY THIS GAME. 10/10
  6. Jan 26, 2014
    This game is a combination of dancing and star wars combined! it's amazing and I love it!!! EVERYONE SHOULD LOVE IT!! I WAS NOT PAID TO MAKE THIS REVIEW!!! GET IT NOW! :D
  7. Apr 17, 2012
    Ok I just finished playing the Jedi Destiny campaign this morning and aside from some issues with picking up my jumping all the time I found the game quite fun. I mean it has all the known jedi moves (saber attacks, force grab, push, rush, flips, jumps and jump attacks, and deflecting laser blasts) plus side flips, dunks, kicks, and duels. Definitely more than enough variety to have a funOk I just finished playing the Jedi Destiny campaign this morning and aside from some issues with picking up my jumping all the time I found the game quite fun. I mean it has all the known jedi moves (saber attacks, force grab, push, rush, flips, jumps and jump attacks, and deflecting laser blasts) plus side flips, dunks, kicks, and duels. Definitely more than enough variety to have a fun and get a good workout. LOL The space battles are also pretty fun as well. I think the only complaint I have is the campaign is too short. But those that are complaining are probably not using enough variety in their attacks and just sticking with Light saber slashes. Its more fun to mix it up by using the force and hurling rocks, boxes or other robots at the attacking horde. And as far as the other modes: My girlfriend really enjoys the dance mode, the kids(including this big one) likes the Rancor mode and pod racing. I think duels are OK. Might be a bit too hard to advance to the other characters.

As far as other complaints and possible improvements: Missles and mines can be a bit challenging to launch every time in the space batte sequences, I'd like to see fewer checkpoints instead of insta-respawing back in action when you die when on foot - Makes the game seem too easy(though I did die quite a bit). Maybe add a few more Jedi saber attacks added after each zone completion to give a little more variety. And perhaps a defense scenario where you jump on a stationary weapon to fight off hordes of incoming enemies(basically the space controls, but on land). A blaster armed sequence would of been cool as well. Overall I'd say its a pretty decent game and definitely doesn't deserve the ripping its getting.

A cynical package that doesn't do the Star Wars franchise any justice whatsoever. [Issue#85, p.92]
  2. May 15, 2012
    Kinect Star Wars is a double edged sword. On one side, using the force with the Kinect sensor is immensely satisfying. On the other side, Kinect is just what is holding this game back. All in all, it's just another shallow and lacking tech demo from Microsofts admittingly impressive motion sensor.
  3. May 14, 2012
    Crappy in places, but frequently very fun. You might hate yourself for not hating it. [June 2012, p.74]