L.A. Noire Xbox 360

7.8

1. Jun 29, 2011
    The people who rip the "feel" of this game, obviously don't understand it was not intended to be your stereotypical video game. It was designed to be an interactive detective story, much like "Heavy Rain" on the PS3. Both games are very innovative. Rockstar took it a step farther and included more gameplay, even allowing you the ability to wield your weapon and personally drive throughoutThe people who rip the "feel" of this game, obviously don't understand it was not intended to be your stereotypical video game. It was designed to be an interactive detective story, much like "Heavy Rain" on the PS3. Both games are very innovative. Rockstar took it a step farther and included more gameplay, even allowing you the ability to wield your weapon and personally drive throughout the city. I would not knock this game until you beat it, as your involvement becomes greater as you progress. Initially, it does get repetitive, but later on, the game changes just as you are about to become bored, and it'll capture your attention again, entirely. Expand
  2. Jul 16, 2011
    Excellent game with strong story, excellent characters and voice acting. The "feel" is one of the best I have ever experienced in a video game.The only Drawback in my opinion is that I expected it to be a little longer by I don't mind because of its excellency. Can't wait for its sequel
  3. Oct 12, 2011
    Easily one of the best games of all time. The fact that the crime is all based on real events adds a nice realism aspect. The gameplay is really fun. It got a lot of flac at launch for not being like Grand Theft Auto, but I think that's a good thing based on what we got instead. It's only real flaws are glitches found in any other Rockstar branded game.
  4. Jun 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a Grand Theft Auto fan, I came to L.A. Noire expecting something much like GTA but in the past, I was disappointed for about an hour when I found out it was nothing like it, but kept playing, hour after hour, L.A. Noire made its way into my top 10 favorite games of all time, then it quickly became my #1 most favorite game of all time.
    Never did I think such innovation can come from a game in these times, because innovation and originality pretty much all died a long time ago, but this restored my faith.
    This game served me well in every aspect, it was fun, it was lengthy, it had an amazing story, it had good collectible that were actually fun to go around looking for.
    Now, for a 360 game that looks this good, I'm very surprised it didn't lag as much as most other games.
    Lots of other games that don't look as good as L.A. Noire lag like hell, L.A. Noire looks amazing and only lagged 2 times in my full playthrough, they were in MASSIVE shootouts, and the lag went away after 2 seconds the first time, and after 5 seconds the second time.
    Cole Phelps' death was incredibly sad, I literally felt bad when Cole died.
    Overall, this game is amazing, deserves a well earned 10/10.
  5. Dec 25, 2013
    Best game of 2011 hands down. It is absolutely stunning graphic wise, and has a gameplay like no other game. This game is almost as unique as heavy rain, which is my favorite game of all time. So many games which are released these days are not innovative and plain boring. This game is the most innovative game of the year and I have fallen in love wiht it. The suspense is incredible, tehBest game of 2011 hands down. It is absolutely stunning graphic wise, and has a gameplay like no other game. This game is almost as unique as heavy rain, which is my favorite game of all time. So many games which are released these days are not innovative and plain boring. This game is the most innovative game of the year and I have fallen in love wiht it. The suspense is incredible, teh interogations and the control that you have as a player over the criminals makes you feel powerful. If you want an innovative, exiting, different and engaging game then you must buy this masterpiece. Anyone who rates this badly simply does not have the emotional capacity to enjoy a masterpiece like this and are too used to playing call of duty to know any better. Expand
  6. Oct 29, 2012
    On paper, LA Noire sounds like an open-world sandbox fused with an interactive movie, but in truth, it's so much more. It's groundbreaking, effortlessly engaging and utterly sublime. To miss playing LA Noire would be a heinous crime. Simply put, it's a work of unbridled genius.
  7. Sep 15, 2011
    A very unique take from Rockstar that focuses more on story than gameplay. The facial animation is pretty much the greatest achievement this game has ever put out and it will be an influence in future games and its implementation on interrogation is nothing short of genius. Though the story is very good, as it is a story based game, I did find the gameplay very repetitive and made theA very unique take from Rockstar that focuses more on story than gameplay. The facial animation is pretty much the greatest achievement this game has ever put out and it will be an influence in future games and its implementation on interrogation is nothing short of genius. Though the story is very good, as it is a story based game, I did find the gameplay very repetitive and made the story drag. Being a story based game, it does a very good job of making you feel like a detective and the game itself is aware of that; nothing more, nothing less but I do feel that they could have added more into the gameplay Expand
  8. May 29, 2011
    LA NOIRE - a revolution in video game design but a flawed one at that.

LA NOIRE - a revolution in video game design but a flawed one at that.

L.A Noire is a game developed by Team Bondi and published by Rockstar Games. You play as Cole Phelps, a former war hero turned LAPD cop who is trying to move on with his life after the war. The game is set in Los Angeles, California in 1947. The most famous aspect of L.A Noire is the 'MotionScan' technology. Actors play out the scenes and every movement is motion captured and placed in the game. The result is a truly engaging detective experience where body language and facial expressions are a key tool to cracking the case. L.A Noire is a game which wouldn't have been possible without this technology.

L.A Noire's gameplay is made up of 4 scenarios. Driving around LA to cases, investigating the evidence at the crime scene, interrogating witnesses and suspects and car chases/on foot chases. Many people will say the game is linear, but it honestly is not. Because of the nature of the game, every case is unique, which can't be said for Grand Theft Auto.

Although a lot of people will be impressed with the content of this game, some aspects of L.A Noire has been done before. Searching for clues, investigating items and keeping a notebook record was done in 2000 by Shenmue but L.A Noire does it FAR better and expands on it. Phelp's notebook keeps a log of 'People of Interest', 'Locations' and 'Clues' relating to a case. If you join the Social Club, you can use intuition points which are earned by ranking up, to remove an answer for an interrogation, ask the community or show all the clues.

That said, L.A Noire expands on these concepts, puts them in a narrative that they fit and provides an engaging story and experience which you shouldn't miss.

Buy it!!
  9. Jun 11, 2012
    This game does things that are quite innovative and frankly it should be something that changes how games are done in the future. The facial motion capture, and the use of real actors makes the game a classic. There's actually quite a bit to do in the game besides the cases, so it never gets boring. The realism of the cars, and the settings are so spot on, its just amazing. There's aThis game does things that are quite innovative and frankly it should be something that changes how games are done in the future. The facial motion capture, and the use of real actors makes the game a classic. There's actually quite a bit to do in the game besides the cases, so it never gets boring. The realism of the cars, and the settings are so spot on, its just amazing. There's a point in the game (about 3 quarters in I guess), where the flashbacks is done so well, its as good as a great movie. Suddenly you have a character is more human and interesting than any in gaming history. After you figure out how to interrogate, that almost becomes the best part. Gathering evidence also gets more fun since you start to realize how to close a case. And when you want something else to do, you can run around find a hidden vehicle, or film real. Great fun and worth replaying. Expand
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    Impressive and unique but fails to live up to the potential. A short campaign, lame collectables, and repetitive objectives take away from LA Noire's value but its rather addicting and will keep you coming back for more.
  11. Jul 1, 2011
    When I first saw L.A. Noire graphics, I was amazed by the facial animation. The work they have put in those techniques are just incredible. Letâ
  12. May 27, 2012
    What I don't like: I'd loved to see a little bit of more transcendence of my actions. The weird camera moving system when you drive. Helping buttons are shown during the whole game, which makes decreasing the challenge's difficulty. I missed a cooperative mode, you always have a single companion with you. / What like: Very accurate and credible weapon's names. Very well documented, it'sWhat I don't like: I'd loved to see a little bit of more transcendence of my actions. The weird camera moving system when you drive. Helping buttons are shown during the whole game, which makes decreasing the challenge's difficulty. I missed a cooperative mode, you always have a single companion with you. / What like: Very accurate and credible weapon's names. Very well documented, it's clearly visible that the creators made a great compilation of the information needed. The game's difficulty is challenging, specially at the interrogatories. / Conclusion: This is the best game I've tried from this company, just incredible, it makes you experiment a direct connection with the main character. Expand
  13. Jul 3, 2011
    L.A. Noire is an innovative but flawed title that brings gaming to places it has never been before. The most impressive feature of this game is its amazing facial capture technology, creating realistic faces. Unfortunately other areas of the body are look merely average in comparison. 1940's Los Angeles is stunning recreated, with the attention to detail reminiscent of Red Dead Redemption.L.A. Noire is an innovative but flawed title that brings gaming to places it has never been before. The most impressive feature of this game is its amazing facial capture technology, creating realistic faces. Unfortunately other areas of the body are look merely average in comparison. 1940's Los Angeles is stunning recreated, with the attention to detail reminiscent of Red Dead Redemption. The detective work is interesting and clever, allowing the player to piece together the case and give their brain some work to do. Chase sequences both on foot and in your car feel fresh as does the hand to hand fighting. The game does, however, go on too long, with the game often feeling like two or three separate stories in one. There are many instances that could be described as climaxes but the game keeps on going. The game does get repetitive with time but the intriguing cases help keep you interested. While not a classic, L.A. Noire is still an exceptional game that deserve recognition. Expand
  14. Aug 7, 2011
    For the first 10 hours or so, I was convinced that L. A. Noire was about to become my favorite game of all time. The amazing scripting, graphics, and thought-provoking gameplay mixed with intense chases and shootouts felt like the perfect combination of elements had finally melded together into one perfect videogame. Then the second half rolls around, another 10 hours or so, and suddenlyFor the first 10 hours or so, I was convinced that L. A. Noire was about to become my favorite game of all time. The amazing scripting, graphics, and thought-provoking gameplay mixed with intense chases and shootouts felt like the perfect combination of elements had finally melded together into one perfect videogame. Then the second half rolls around, another 10 hours or so, and suddenly I'm wondering if I'm even playing the same game. The storyline starts jumping erratically, as if they simply had no idea what direction to take the main character, which is worsened by the fact that your main character actually changes for the last few hours of the game (during which you are limited to campaign missions and unable to explore the surrounding areas). By the end, I found myself wishing that the actual conclusion to the campaign had been at the end of the second act, with the third act cut out all together. It doesn't necessarily ruin the game, but the second half also had me noticing repetition that I hadn't been noticing when first playing. The actual gameplay has little variety and the case investigations feel like the have no impact on the story, so as far as long-term entertainment goes this might not be the best investment. I still think it's worth playing though, if for nothing else then at least to see the amazing graphics at work (seriously, it's creepy sometimes). It certainly sated my desire for an L.A. Confidential-style videogame, and while not as straightforward or as action-packed as something like Mafia II or GTA IV it can still be intense and exciting. Just don't expect to put it on your Top 10 list. Expand
  15. Jun 10, 2011
    This game is like a long movie, just bring popcorn because, all the time you are just running or doing some slow things, started getting repetitive soon as started but the story is the nice thing here, and the graphics.
    Nice game, great story, gameplay so-so

It's worth a rent
  16. Jun 15, 2011
    Rockstar have done it again, L.A. Noire was released with plenty of hype, mostly with regards to the new MotionScan capture technology being used on the faces of the characters in the game, and have they ever surpassed the expectations.

For anyone who has played any of Rockstars previous sandbox games (Grand Theft Auto series, Red Dead Redemption) you will spot an almost instant major difference, instead of operating outside the law, you take control of a young up and coming patrolman, Cole Phelps as he works his way through the seedy underbelly of 1940â
  17. Jun 30, 2011
    Rockstar and Team Bondai emerge victorious in this call to arms for 1940's lifestyles and crime the way it was meant to be, dirty, dastardly, and down to earth.
    L.A. Noire is not like anything you have ever played, first of all. It is one of the finest games I've played this generation. It is not anything like what some are comparing to Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead. This is a beast of its own nature. The game begins in post World War II 1940's in Los Angeles, California (*duh*). You take on the role of police officer Cole Phelps, who recently finished a tour in Okinawa. Cole Phelps is exactly what you would expect out of a police officer, he is a true down to the bones good guy. His actions show love for his job, and the citizens around him, and while some may call him dull or boring, its just the way he must act on the job. He later in the story, unravels into a deeper and wiser character who we can almost relate to. Overall he is unlike any other Rockstar character out there, seeing as he is a complete opposite from GTA characters.
    From then on you will be able to explore the open world sandbox of 1940's Los Angeles, a world that has been fully and beautifully recreated to the slightest detail. If you are however, expecting a Grand Theft Auto does noir will be extremely disappointed, that's not the point of this game, and not what it was trying to do from the beginning. What it is trying to nail however, it nails perfectly, right down to the little details. From the incredible facial expressions, to the backdrop from gunplay and more to narrative, everything about LA Noire is simply to be marveled at because, well, it is done so good. The narrative in LA Noire can be summed up as marvelous, dark, gritty, and mature. It will take unexpected twists and turns along the way that will lead you gasping and grinning.
    The gameplay is incredible, the highlights being the incredibly revolutionary interrogations that will leave you cheering everytime you get a question correct. Interrogating suspects is a tricky and hard task, because you really do have to be able to use some true detective work and check your suspect's body language. It really goes to show Rockstar's attention to detail. The rest of the game goes into clue solving (where the vibrations and sounds can be taken off for a more realistic experience), freeroaming, and action sequences that range from car chases, foot chases, or close quarters shootouts similiar tol RDR or GTA. Simply put the gameplay is perfect.
    The techinal aspects of LA Noire are astounding. The soundtrack features all the contemparies of 1940''s music in general and for music aficionados will surprise and please. The voice acting and new motion technology have to be the best yet in a game, and a staple for the genre to come. Top that with a beautiful, living, breathing world and all around impressive visuals, LA Noire is a fantastic game, and a long one at that clocking in at around 25 hours if one does everything they can. In the end LA Noire is a game about story and detective work, if you are not here expecting those things, go somewhere else because you won't like what you see and what you get. LA Noire is exactly what it set out to be, a narrative driven, technological advancemant, and no less than the next step for Rockstar Games.
  18. Jul 3, 2011
    Really detailed with amazing facial animation with new technology. The interragations are the most challenging part of the game, which makes the player feel like a real detective. The investigations are amazing and really open-worlded. There is really nothing bad about the game expect long loading times and slightly bad framerate, which lowers the game down. The ending, in my opinion, wasReally detailed with amazing facial animation with new technology. The interragations are the most challenging part of the game, which makes the player feel like a real detective. The investigations are amazing and really open-worlded. There is really nothing bad about the game expect long loading times and slightly bad framerate, which lowers the game down. The ending, in my opinion, was though very bad, like most Rockstar games. 9 out of 10 Expand
  19. Jul 18, 2011
    I'd be lying if I didn't say I loved this game. There are just a lot of things I wish it had more of but I guess we can just wait for that stuff in the sequel.
  20. Jul 24, 2011
    I especially loved this game for it's sense of novelty and sheer innovation, but the repetitive sequencing is regenerated like oxygen, you really can't stop breathing in, but at the same time you get used to it and think "i'll die someday and that's it" (what?) The things Rockstar promised to showcase through the game were not exactly what we've expected, except it was more than what we'veI especially loved this game for it's sense of novelty and sheer innovation, but the repetitive sequencing is regenerated like oxygen, you really can't stop breathing in, but at the same time you get used to it and think "i'll die someday and that's it" (what?) The things Rockstar promised to showcase through the game were not exactly what we've expected, except it was more than what we've actually imagined it to be, the graphics are purely next-gen and still above that ratio even though it's a bit representative to what Rockstar games have accomplished over the past few years. The games sandbox is quite appealing and it's resemblance to the 40's L.A. is what seems to have achieved Team-Bondi's goals for the game. The narrative is eerie along the unexpected twists and creative direction, how your choices affect your reputation as a detective, and how aggressive or persuasive you are is an amazing element that really brought the genre to life, and not forgetting the mind blowing motion-scan technology that really replicated the intensity, fear, anxiety or the suspicious looks of actors into what made L.A Noire a game that really redefined the detective game genre and blew our minds. (mine at least) Expand
  21. Jul 23, 2011
    This is absolutely an amazing game, I am playing it for the 3rd time and it is as much fun as the first, especially since my interviews don't go the same way and different suspects are picked up. Definite must-buy, another classic by Rockstar.
  22. Feb 3, 2013
    A revolutionary game that sets new standards in facial animation. An interesting character, gorgeous period detail, immersive graphics and audio. If you enjoy Philip Marlow you or Sam Spade you will love this game.
  23. Dec 13, 2011
    L.A. Noire would be great if it were'nt for its repetitive nature , but it still manages to be unique in its own way . A little more variety and this could very well have been a Game of the Year contender but nevertheless , if you're looking for challenging investigations , excellent attention to detail , a " slow to kick into high gear " yet memorable story , then L.A. Noire is the game for you .
  24. Sep 26, 2011
    Very impressive graphics specially the facial expressions, storyline is good just like heavy ran though a bit dragging at times, tension and excitement can be felt whle playing beig one with the character so to speak. Movemes were somewhat repetitive though adequately compensated by its graphics.
  25. Oct 7, 2011
    Rockstar proves that they could make a very awesome yet addictive games beside GTA. and it paid by this game.. L.A Noire. since the first time i heard and watched the trailer of this game, i'm instantly became a fan. not just that i like a challenging and "thinking" game, but i also want to see the awesome graphic (especially the facial expression of the people) in this game and RockstarRockstar proves that they could make a very awesome yet addictive games beside GTA. and it paid by this game.. L.A Noire. since the first time i heard and watched the trailer of this game, i'm instantly became a fan. not just that i like a challenging and "thinking" game, but i also want to see the awesome graphic (especially the facial expression of the people) in this game and Rockstar made an amazing job on this one. the checking of crime scene and the investigating method looks very realistic that makes u wanna become a detective after playing this game. the environment looks so amazingly great (it is represent what 1950's look like in the real life) the voice acting was so awesome and i think if Hollywood considered to make a great detective movie or another video game movie, L.A Noire could be a good one. unfortunately, this game also has a negative point such as: repetitive mission and repetitive side mission (they just change the case story) but all of that can be forget, because the game also put an interesting storyline of the main character, Cole Phelps and Jack Kelso. so if u all a fan of Rockstar games product (especially GTA) and also a detective game fan, this game is a must have. and, if u just wanna play around and try around, this game is also quite good enough to play. Expand
  26. May 4, 2012
    L.A. Noire is a phenomenal experience. Not only is it a unique twist on the open world sandbox game, but it is an unbelievably refreshing challenge. While the challenge of most games of today are about shooting and quick kills, gaining experience and killing bosses etc., L.A. Noire challenges the player to investigate, put together esoteric clues, and decide whether or not someone isL.A. Noire is a phenomenal experience. Not only is it a unique twist on the open world sandbox game, but it is an unbelievably refreshing challenge. While the challenge of most games of today are about shooting and quick kills, gaining experience and killing bosses etc., L.A. Noire challenges the player to investigate, put together esoteric clues, and decide whether or not someone is lying or telling the truth during interrogations, via the ridiculously detailed facial animation capture technology. There are shooting moments, but they pepper certain moments of rising action. It's not a normal game by any means, especially coming from the controversial developer Rockstar. But this game is by no means simple; characters are mature, the material is mature, and the way L.A. Noire engages the player is far different than anything I've ever played. The way the story, the sub plots, every single cutscene, and cases all weave together truly engage the player to think as well as examine all aspects of what exactly is going on is masterful, if a little unbalanced. The gameplay mechanics may be a little wonky at some moments, and there are a couple glitches that occur, and the story may take quite some time to start getting good, but the positives more than outweigh the negatives. L.A. Noire is innovative, fresh, and most of all engaging and challenging, all in new ways. Rockstar and Team Bondi have truly crafted an awesome and riveting experience, one that comes fairly close to be crowned the "Citizen Cane" of video games, if it is a minor bit flawed. This is one game I definitely recommend to anyone looking for a now inexpensive and very fresh take on the sandbox video game. 9.5/10, rounds up to 10 on metacritic Expand
  27. Nov 27, 2011
    This is one of the best games of the year. Everything about this game is perfect, but I have to give it a nine because there is no replay value at all. Once you beat everything, there is no reason to play the game again. I really cant wait to see what Rockstar does with this franchise in the future!
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    All the cases are thought out, and Homicide desk is **** brilliant, with first class writing and exceptional dramaturgy. The game has a strong gallery of characters, motion capture that is out of this world and an excellent soundtrack.

Sounds like a perfect 10, does it not? It would be, If not for the insanely frustrating ending that makes love to you from behind. And I'm not talking

Sounds like a perfect 10, does it not?

It would be, If not for the insanely frustrating ending that makes love to you from behind. And I'm not talking about the good kind of backdoor lovemaking that you want to try out with your girlfriend.

You should still definitely buy the game and play it like it's golden ecstasy on fire, but - for the love of everything good and jolly in this world - don't rush it because you're expecting an epic conclusion at the end.
  29. Nov 15, 2011
    When i was playing this game, it was like a 30h film. I've enjoyed too much with this game and its amazing history. 10/10 perfect game, you must buy it if you like SP amazing games.
  30. Nov 26, 2011
    While it lacked some replay value and interesting side missions, it were a very nice story with an interesting anti-hero and play style. And the facial expressions are awsome.
  31. Nov 21, 2011
    Interesting, unique, and yet lacking enough polish to give this game a higher score. Some of the missions had enough movie-going quality to warrant the title, while others were rehashed tropes of video games in the past. This game started to wear out its welcome after 30 or so hours.
  32. Mar 1, 2012
    For me, L.A. Noire is one of those games that is very hard not to like. At one point or another in our childhood, we've either wanted to be a detective or played being a detective with our friends and L.A. Noire just allows you to be one. The game has its faults but they are few and far between and nothing that would make this game bad. Driving can be a little hectic, even if you put theFor me, L.A. Noire is one of those games that is very hard not to like. At one point or another in our childhood, we've either wanted to be a detective or played being a detective with our friends and L.A. Noire just allows you to be one. The game has its faults but they are few and far between and nothing that would make this game bad. Driving can be a little hectic, even if you put the siren on, cars tend to not move, people tend to still not care. Also, things can get kind of linear at times. The side missions always involve you shooting someone whose either robbed a bank or gotten into some kind of dispute. The great things about the game is just the experience of playing as a cop. Finding clues, questioning suspects, shootouts, trying to find the right person to charge, that whole experience is brilliant. The graphics are great, the people and their facial expressions are great, overall great game. Expand
  33. Dec 16, 2011
    Anyone else feel like they're actually within the game? Especially with the Dahlia Murders. This is the climax of the game. I'm not saying the rest is awful, it isn't, but this was a jewel.
  34. Feb 22, 2012
    As whole the game was gripping, although I play games for the narrative, story and character dev.
    I can't really make an apt review of the game play; one point it was very repetitive.
    The biggest pro to this game is the story, I shed a manly tear.
  35. Jan 30, 2012
    First off, this game is amazing. The detail, graphics, storyline, and gameplay are fantastic. The storyline is the best part of it all, as with every rockstar game. even if u dislike the gameplay, at least recognize the hard work that was put into making this and detail this game has to offer.
  36. Feb 4, 2012
    The good: the new motionscan tech, the acting, the story, the great music
    The bad: limited world, stiff body animations and modeling, limited gameplay variety.

overall - very solid game.
  37. Feb 29, 2012
    Ok rant time people this is not GTA yes its made by rockstar and the car driving is similar, if this was GTA it would have it in the title. OK it can be repetitive but that's only cos your a dictective, so if you find a body your gonna be looking for clues in the same way. but you dont have to follow the story there are side missions and challanges to do. I like it cos you actually have toOk rant time people this is not GTA yes its made by rockstar and the car driving is similar, if this was GTA it would have it in the title. OK it can be repetitive but that's only cos your a dictective, so if you find a body your gonna be looking for clues in the same way. but you dont have to follow the story there are side missions and challanges to do. I like it cos you actually have to use your head in this game and use deductive reasoning to achieve the right out come. More CSI than GTA. Gr8 Game Graphics with the face capture, and the o;y game that showed some guts in using new tech in 2011. Expand
  38. Mar 6, 2012
    The depth and uniqueness that each case possess makes you feel like you're really part of the LAPD. Sure, you don't always have access to a gun, but in all honestly, it is not even necessary. It was exciting and interesting playing the "good guy" rather than the opposite, like in other "Rockstar" games.
  39. Mar 11, 2012
    LA Noire takes face animation to a whole new level. LA Noire is based on true crimes that were committed in LA. You play as Cole Phelps a World War II vet searching for justice in LA. The only problem with the game is that there is not much replay involved. The only replay is you can approach different situations different ways. For example; One time you may say someone is telling theLA Noire takes face animation to a whole new level. LA Noire is based on true crimes that were committed in LA. You play as Cole Phelps a World War II vet searching for justice in LA. The only problem with the game is that there is not much replay involved. The only replay is you can approach different situations different ways. For example; One time you may say someone is telling the truth, that may be right or wrong, another time you can say they are lying. Ever decision you make goes through the mission/case differently, but by the end the result in the case is usually the same unless you have a choice on who to charge, or you compleatly screw up the case and things don't really make sense at all. The VERDICT: LA Noire is a great first time play through. Things do get repetitive, but other then that this game is one of my favorites. I'm someone who always pretends to be the cop driving around in GTA, so this game fit my needs pretty well. Expand
  40. Mar 20, 2012
    There are many things good about this game, but there are also a lot of problems I will address. This game has the most beautiful facial animations, motion capture, and even some of the best acting in any game to date. The story is gripping, it keeps you interested, and the uniqueness of the gameplay only adds to the experience that is L.A. Noire. Sadly, this game lacks replay value in aThere are many things good about this game, but there are also a lot of problems I will address. This game has the most beautiful facial animations, motion capture, and even some of the best acting in any game to date. The story is gripping, it keeps you interested, and the uniqueness of the gameplay only adds to the experience that is L.A. Noire. Sadly, this game lacks replay value in a serious way. It really is only a mystery once; there are no options, no alternates, just the same outcomes to each case. I beat this game 100% (my second Rockstar 100% after RDR), and while I still find myself playing RDR every once in a while, I have not touched L.A. Noire since my final achievement. There is nothing left for me to do. Combine that with some tedious tasks required to get 100% completion (randomly spawning collectibles, WHY), repetitive side quests, and a few mechanical problems, this game gets an 8. I enjoyed it immensely, but there is no replay value to it at all. Rent it, beat it, return it. It is not a game I would advocate purchasing Expand
  41. May 6, 2012
    L.A Noire s one of the best game I have ever played. Rockstar Games make another masterpiece of a game. This game gets the best story award of 2011 and of any game I have ever played by me. Part 1 of L.A Noire was fantastic and part 2 even better and part 3 was the best. The ending was good. I don't no why people thought it was odd. It was very sad ending. Part 1 8/10 Part 2 9/10 Part 3L.A Noire s one of the best game I have ever played. Rockstar Games make another masterpiece of a game. This game gets the best story award of 2011 and of any game I have ever played by me. Part 1 of L.A Noire was fantastic and part 2 even better and part 3 was the best. The ending was good. I don't no why people thought it was odd. It was very sad ending. Part 1 8/10 Part 2 9/10 Part 3 9/10 L.A Noire 9.4/10 Expand
  42. Jun 6, 2012
    I'm currently about halfway through this game, and I had to come here and add a review. I'm really, really impressed. The acting, and performance technology are head and shoulders (ha) above anything else out there. You can actually recognize characters face, and see subtle performance ticks that haven't gone through the hand-animation grinder. It really creates an atmosphere ofI'm currently about halfway through this game, and I had to come here and add a review. I'm really, really impressed. The acting, and performance technology are head and shoulders (ha) above anything else out there. You can actually recognize characters face, and see subtle performance ticks that haven't gone through the hand-animation grinder. It really creates an atmosphere of reality that's missing from so many games. The dialog is handled very well, and the writing is great. I like the atmosphere just driving around town. I just played Diablo 3, so quality writing and dialogue complexity really shine for me here. The in-game radio is really nice too, adding to the feel of being in the 1940's with shows like "The Bickersons" Now, some VERY small gripes-- I wish there was even more variety on the radio stations in the game. It would have helped the reality if they never repeated. I also wish there was a little more variety in what the in-game secondary characters say, so they aren't always just talking about seeing me in the paper over and over. Also, I wish there was a bit more to the interviews so they didn't feel so much like guessing games. Maybe there could have been some way to examine evidence again during interviews and combine them with characters and locations to see if Phelps sees the connection I do before I'm in an interview. These gripes are so small for me they really only barely nick the score so I'm sticking with a 10. Expand
  43. Jul 15, 2012
    This game gets a 10 from me and if I could go higher I would, this game is worth $ 80.00 if you ask me. Please get the game you will not be disappointed. It is rockstars best game besides Gta 4. It's reviewedgames game of the year 2011.
  44. Jan 4, 2013
    L.A. Noire reminds me of the old gangster movies. L.A. Noire has brilliant voice acting, cases that are really hard to solve and the graphics are unbelivable. It remains one of the best games Rockstar made. 9/10
  45. Nov 7, 2012
    The reason I give L.A Noire a 10 is because it goes where no game has ventured before and it does it well. More in depth though the storyline is superb and well written. The cases themselves are well done and I feel as if each case is as important as the last. The protagonist is disappointing the only time the protagonist gets any depth is near the end of the game. From a technicalThe reason I give L.A Noire a 10 is because it goes where no game has ventured before and it does it well. More in depth though the storyline is superb and well written. The cases themselves are well done and I feel as if each case is as important as the last. The protagonist is disappointing the only time the protagonist gets any depth is near the end of the game. From a technical standpoint the game is a marvel, not a single glitch in my playthrough and the motionscan is remarkable. The shootouts are fun, the cover system is simple but its still good the car and foot chases are always fun. So in short L.A Noire is not your typical game, it makes you think and it does something new, definitely a great buy. Expand
  46. Aug 8, 2012
    This game was very fun to play, it had a great, well written story, having to read the faces and make the right decisions was great fun and put you into the shoes of Cole Phelps, the greatest detective known to xbox.
  47. May 26, 2014
    L.A Noire is an amazing creation. Team Bondi have made a stylish, thrilling and immersive game that gets you engaging with the story and has players bringing out the LAPD detective in them. It is both challenging and enjoyable and a must play for gamers everywhere.
  48. Nov 16, 2012
    The feel of this game is great, you feel like you're in LA back in the '40s. The soundtrack is absolutely fantastic, the world looks as good as it can for consoles, and the MotionScan is some revolutionary technology, leading you to get fully immersed with the incredible acting the cast of L.A. Noire did. I think I love the game a bit more than I should simply because they used someThe feel of this game is great, you feel like you're in LA back in the '40s. The soundtrack is absolutely fantastic, the world looks as good as it can for consoles, and the MotionScan is some revolutionary technology, leading you to get fully immersed with the incredible acting the cast of L.A. Noire did. I think I love the game a bit more than I should simply because they used some characters from Mad Men and I love that show, haha. The story was great, made me cry, to be honest lol & the gameplay is fun, being a detective was a blast, reading peoples faces was tough at times and it couldn't have been done without MotionScan. The shooting is what you'd expect it to be from a Rockstar Game, similar to Red Dead Redemption. Team Bondi did a superb job with this game whilst giving it a touch of Rockstars greatness, I highly recommend this title. Expand
  49. Nov 2, 2012
    It did take 3 minutes when I discovered "aaaawshit!! thats not GTA 1947!!!" and no it wasnt it was better it was a coldblooded-crimethriller. After playing 1hour I discovered how great game is that. The plot is unforgettable, so exciting and intresting. Motion-Scan technology works perfectly in interviews. Game is very special but good way. That's the game that everyone needs to try. ItsIt did take 3 minutes when I discovered "aaaawshit!! thats not GTA 1947!!!" and no it wasnt it was better it was a coldblooded-crimethriller. After playing 1hour I discovered how great game is that. The plot is unforgettable, so exciting and intresting. Motion-Scan technology works perfectly in interviews. Game is very special but good way. That's the game that everyone needs to try. Its still game of 10points ,unless replaying value is zero. Rockstar games know once again whichlike games self-respecting gamers like and there is lots of more examples from Rockstar Games: Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Autos and Max Payne 3 Expand
  50. Jul 4, 2013
    Its restrictive world may be a little bit of a turn-off for some hardcore free-roamer fans, but "L.A. Noire's" innovative gameplay and insanely immersive narrative make it an incredible must-play.
  51. Aug 1, 2013
    One of the better games of this generation. Incredible atmosphere, attention to detail and the best facial animations to this time. The story is great, the characters feel real with all their good and bad attributes and the storytelling is original. At times, the pace is kinda slow and some cases aren' t that much interesting, but the originality makes this game of a fine quality.

The

The graphics are great though there are framedrops. Animating every move in this vast world is a great achievement though. Make Cole run and immediately stick to a wall or try jumping different kinds of objects. No clipping cause of the great collision detection system for an open world game. The facial animations though steal the show. It should be a standard for all games from now on. At times they might seem a little blurry but, seeing the muscles of the neck and be able to tell a difference makes new space in the gameplay sector.

Gameplay-wise it feels like a new-gen adventure. You have to find clues and be thorough if you want a better result for your case. You have to figure the perpetrator out and try to foresee motives. It's great and has an atmosphere that sucks you in. More activities would be great besides the street crimes so that you could feel that you're living in the 40's LA and some of the aspects of the story weren't so much been looked into such as Cole's family or his relationships with his colleagues or brothers-in-arms.

All in all, great game with some original ideas and incredible attention to detail, though its pacing is not for everyone. Like adventure games.
  52. Jan 20, 2013
    Graphics: 8/10 Story: 8/10 Gameplay: 7/10 Voice Acting: 8/10 Soundtrack: 7/10 Enjoyment: 9/10 =
    7.8 (Great)
    L.A Noire is a flamin' amazing game. If you haven't already buy it! All 3 disks on Xbox keep you entertained for hours and may even drag you into the story like it did to me.
  53. Aug 7, 2013
    This game is a different bird which is refreshing.

The presentation and voice acting is stellar. The concept is really cool too. The game play feels like every other big Rockstar game (GTA, Red Dead Redemption) and that is good or bad depending on how you feel about it. Investigating areas is streamlined and basic but how it all adds up at end is rewarding The golden pig of the
    This game is a different bird which is refreshing.

The golden pig of the whole operation is supposed to be the questioning of suspects and motion capture visuals and yada yada yada. All I can say is it's pretty good. I found it really hard to read suspects reactions and gestures. What looked like avoiding eye contact sometimes was just a defiant suspect. What looked like a cooperative straight to the point suspect was sometimes a flat out liar.

And maybe that was the whole point in an effort to avoid a cookie cutter game and to show how police work has lots of gray areas. It still left me feeling frustrated because even if I was a master at reading people, I don't think I would have made every correct choice. Lots of these missions need a couple playthroughs to perfect and even then, help online was needed here and there.

The story keeps you wanting more as it avoids the start-from-the-bottom and work to-the-top format. Later missions deal with an arson of all things instead of a Mob Mafia Mastermind like you may predict although the game has that too)

It's worth checking out
  54. Jun 27, 2013
    If you're looking for a unique game, LA Noire is a definite "must own" game. The whole is just very well done. The motion capture system used is spot on and the game has a sense of realism I have not seen in any other game. Really, the only flaw with this game is the gameplay, which by the third disk gets a bit stale and repetitive.
    If you like to try new things, give LA Noire a shot.
  55. Nov 5, 2013
    L.A. Noire was one of the best games I have ever played. Map was huge and they made it so realistic. Story was amazing, so in depth. Great experience.
  56. Mar 24, 2013
    This was a very good game, really hoping there is going to be a sequel. This game kept me wanting to play more and was very easy to get into. It's also nothing like I have played before, pretty cool concept, looking for clues and stuff.
  57. Apr 16, 2013
    What an incredible experience this video game is. A journey throughout from start to finish. Very very tricky though, had to use a walk through once or twice but overall, a brilliant game!
  58. Jul 15, 2013
    One of the most genuine and innovative games of this generation. Great atmopshere, great story, great gameplay and the facial animation is truly next gen... This is a masterpiece... One of the best games ever...
  59. Jan 29, 2015
    It’s really hard to think of a game that has done something similar to L.A. Noire. It’s not just the fact that the player has at his/her hand the availability of a 1940s Los Angeles sandbox, but the fact that it’s never been this intriguing to play as a detective and well enough love it.

Set in 1947, the player plays as Cole Phelps, a former war hero who rises and shines through the ranks of the LAPD. As a detective, Phelps will take charge of several exciting cases, each revealing new grounds to the overall plot, only to find that his past will play quite the role in this story, and the line that divides good and evil is quite blurred.

The game does a grand job progressing the story, giving good background and development to every character the player meets, including Phelps himself. It is safe to say that not one moment throughout the game does a feeling of dullness come to mind. Each case the player is presented with is a fresh and exciting segment. This is by no means a Disney kind of story, so do not expect a cliché at the end. But that’s a good thing, right? It is, however, a very intriguing and grasping experience.

Setting presentation is above expectations. The 1940s atmosphere is immersive and grand. The urban environment is very detailed. The graphics in this game are quite beautiful. It would be a crime not to mention L.A. Noire’s character dialogue, which is to say at the very least – superb. The amazing performances are enhanced by L.A. Noire’s amazing face-capturing technology. No game, even at this point in 2013 has yet captured the detail facial expressions in L.A. Noire have. Thanks to this, the characters feel alive, they feel like real people.

Gameplay, for the most part, involves the usual sandbox mechanics. There’s the common shootout and chase side missions which are ever fun (and there are 40 of these missions throughout the L.A. area), but when it comes to the detective part of the game, L.A. Noire gets quite peculiar and unique. When asking a question, the player is faced with three options: Truth, Doubt, or Lie. In a detective game, it’s expected to talk to people in order to solve cases, and it is this why the face-capturing technology used in this game is key to the overall experience. Good part of the overall game involves the player interacting with many, many characters. The player must interview people and use clues in order to get to the bottom of things, and the way a character’s face looks and reacts with each answer they give is essential for the player to conclude whether the interviewee is lying or not. Every case presents several scenarios where Phelps finds clues. Clues give context to what’s going on, and the player is expected to use these clues during interviews to further help prove when somebody is lying. It’s very gratifying to get through a list of questions correctly, getting the truth out of a suspect without missing one question, yet a feeling of guilt can present itself every time the player misses good judgment upon their interviewee. And that’s the beauty of L.A. Noire. Interviewing people does not feel like a chore. It’s fun and exciting. The sandbox elements, which cover exploration, collection items, side quests involving police work, and cars (cars are so authentic to the period and they are cool) are well made and serve to the immersion of the game.

Given the concept of the game, which involves interacting with people a lot, one would expect for it to have RPG elements. The story, however, never changes. The player will get the same ending regardless of how you judge your suspects. It’s a shame, really, but by no means makes the game bad. Each case works as an individual “mission”, and the way the player gets through it, i.e. – getting all the clues, catching the right suspect, getting questions right, will ultimately show how well you performed at the end of the case. This performance is judged by stars. Do a great job and you’ll be awarded 5 stars, do poorly and you’ll earn as low as one star. This gameplay concept gives great replay value giving the player good reason to go back and perform better in a case after completing the game. That’s another plus, if the player wishes to play a specific case, he/she only has to select it from a list of cases – no need to start over from the beginning.

L.A. Noire is a unique experience. Characters are amazing, story is solid and interesting, and the setting and atmosphere make up for an awesome experience. Through a regular play-through, the experience can be as long as 25 hours, and thanks to the great variety in characters as well as cases, it will not feel like 25 hours in the end. It will leave behind a feeling of wanting more, and that’s a great thing to say about a game. There are instances where the player is presented with 6-8 hour games and somehow, halfway through the game, it becomes tiring just getting through it. But not L.A. Noire. This game does a great job keeping the player interested, and will, no doubt, bring him/her back to play it again.
  60. May 15, 2013
    The story of this game is one of the very best I have seen in a video game. In my opinion it is right up their with Mass Effect. Some of the cases mechanics and actions might feel repetitive, but the story never does. The interrogations are absolutley captivating, and the ending was one of the most unexpected ever. One of the best gaming experiences ever.
  61. Sep 2, 2013
    9/10. The negative reviews are correct; the game is a lot like a movie that you get to somewhat be a part of, and the action scenes are very underwhelming.

However, considering I'm so interested in the post-war 1940s era, I would buy the game simply for the driving-around-in-1940s-LA aspect. It has solid character development, and the facial animation technology was fantastic. In my opinion, L.A. Noire is like a very good movie that you also get to be involved with, which is totally fine by me.

The story was nice, the way they portrayed Los Angeles was fantastic, and overall I enjoyed this game a great deal.
  62. Dec 27, 2013
    I adore this game. It's a welcome change from mind-numbing non-stop violence such as that in GTA. Love the occasional chases, fistfights, and I absolutely adoreeeeee the interrogations. Everyone has a tell that gives away when they're lying, and it's loads of fun to theorize about who really did it. My brother and I play it together.
  63. Jan 2, 2014
    This game comes with 3 discs. The first was much better than I expected, a story about a soldier turned cop whose excellent detective work allowed him to rise through the ranks. The second disc was him at the height of his career, bent on catching a serial killer, and this disc was amazing. This game would be a 10 for me if the game ended with the capture of the main villian, 10 out of 10.This game comes with 3 discs. The first was much better than I expected, a story about a soldier turned cop whose excellent detective work allowed him to rise through the ranks. The second disc was him at the height of his career, bent on catching a serial killer, and this disc was amazing. This game would be a 10 for me if the game ended with the capture of the main villian, 10 out of 10. But then disc three started. First of all, Cole has an affair for literally no reason, and tbh, the subject of his wife wasnt even touched upon in the last two discs. So he gets demoted to arson, the dullest series of cases ive ever seen. Then you find out that stuff happened in the war that makes Cole feel guilty. And because of this, he pointlessly sacrifices himself at the end for a girl he doesnt even love. WTF rockstar??? Expand
  64. Jan 15, 2014
    One of my favourite games ever. I played it twice through and it was still as good the second time around. Anyone looking for an action game probably won't like it but anyone who likes playing games set in an era gone by you'll love getting lost in here. Homicide Desk was a winner, Arson not so great which is why I gave it a 9/10.
  65. Mar 29, 2014
    GOOD: Great story showing the police career and WWII flashbacks from the protagonist, Cole Phelps; Plays out like a movie; Not one bad performance from any of the actors(not voice actors, real actors); Innovative crime scene and interrogation mechanics; Cases show stuff that people would actually do to each other in real life(especially Homicide which is brutal); If you struggle on a case,GOOD: Great story showing the police career and WWII flashbacks from the protagonist, Cole Phelps; Plays out like a movie; Not one bad performance from any of the actors(not voice actors, real actors); Innovative crime scene and interrogation mechanics; Cases show stuff that people would actually do to each other in real life(especially Homicide which is brutal); If you struggle on a case, you can ask your partner for help; If you have online, you can use intuition points to help you(use wisely because, the points are limited); If you mess up on a case, you can replay it to do better which would add a lot more time for you to have fun playing this; Fun gun play and brawls; Team Bondi did a good job making the game a near exact depiction of LA in the 1940's; All of the cars were real and actual cars from real companies; Over 90 cars to collect; Fun car chases; Good soundtrack; Funny Mad Men cameos that made me smile, even from the protagonist in the game, Aaron Staton; street crimes were optional

BAD: Boring street crimes; some of the desks like Traffic and Ad Vice were too short; The Ad Vice was inappropriately cut off right when you were about to finish; needed to have fun side activities(bowling would have been perfect as a side activity since the cops go there every week); The game ends rather abruptly(needed to be a little bit longer)

FINAL VERDICT: This game barely misses a 10/10, so it will end up as a 9/10. Needed to add side activities and make more cases to seal a 10/10. Despite the problems, it is one of the best games I have ever played and the most innovative out of all. I say this game is an ALL TIME LEGEND. Just on this game alone, there is something I have to say about Team Bondi: DEVELOPED AS A LEGEND, DIED AS A LEGEND, AND RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD TO DEVELOP ONCE MORE! That's right, Team Bondi is back and developing a game that is planned to come out in 2015 called, Whore Of The Orient, I cannot wait. Play this game immediately if you haven't already, especially if you are a fan of detective stories.
  66. Apr 7, 2014
    Instead of going down the usual route of sandbox games these days, L.A Noire implements some unique features and ways to tackle your objectives that whilst not satisfying the cravings of those wanting GTA set in the 1950s, makes for one of the most unique games that came out for it's generation and one that we most likely will not see ever again.

Not everything is perfect, clues and

Not everything is perfect, clues and questioning suspects can be deep and rewarding if you really pay attention to every detail, but the game still wanders into the same direction if you succeed or fail. It can zap some of the fun and reality out of the situation when you come to realize after your second failed interrogation, that you do not really "fail". The ending result remains the same whether or not you picked up ever clue or noticed every tell in a liar's face.

Whilst the environments are beautiful in the game, finding every clue can be a hassle as use of highlighted sound whence near a inspect-able object isn't perfect, but it works enough to give you a sense of accomplishment when you gather enough evidence to have a reasonable idea of how to tackle your next witness or suspect.

The formula stats to wear thin after a while and the action sequences aren't enough to bring the level of excitement a shootout in other sandbox games would normally deliver, but the game is unique enough that it is worth playing, and the achievements of creating almost next gen like visuals on a 5 year old console is a must see.
  67. Sep 24, 2014
    This game feels nearly like a movie. You're this detective, Cole Phelps of whom was formly in world war against Japan. It sets out in the 40's, in LA and crime is at it's all time high. This isn't a GTA clone in no way, and if you're knocking because of that you are an idiot. So basically the game requires you to pay attention to detail, and look for clues. At most points, you'll have toThis game feels nearly like a movie. You're this detective, Cole Phelps of whom was formly in world war against Japan. It sets out in the 40's, in LA and crime is at it's all time high. This isn't a GTA clone in no way, and if you're knocking because of that you are an idiot. So basically the game requires you to pay attention to detail, and look for clues. At most points, you'll have to tell if a persons Lying, telling the truth, or holding out on you. You have to check dead bodies too. You will be able to tell do rockstar using actual spot on facial animations. Tha map feels so hugh, even though there's not much to in the world you will be traveling for minutes. Due to it having so many blocks. You an reply to street crimes. (Which do get very repetitive) Well you make you're way through 5 ranks abd you get different partners:

Patrol (This is sort of like a totourial) Partner Ralph Dunn
    Traffic (You deal with car accident crimes) Partner Stefan Bekowsky
    Homicide ( Dealing with murder crimes) Partner Rusty Galloway
    Vice (Dealing with drug crimes) Partner Roy Earl
    Arson (Dealing with fire crimes) Partner Hershel.
    All partners act different, my favorite partner was Rusty. My least favorite was Roy. He's such a racist and a sexist.
    My favorites were Vice and Homicide. Searching for shipments, or trying murders were really interesting. As you progress through the game you'll become famous. NPC will say "Hey, you're the dectective in the paper."
    The voice acting is spot on.
    The shooting and the car physics were great.

Now let's talk about why I didn't give LA Noire a 10 or 9. there are quite a few cons too it.

1. It doesn't feel like an open world game. This game has a big and dense map, however there's nothing to do in it. I know this isn't GTA, but that still doesn't change the fact that there should be more content. It

2. The Graphics. the facial animations were good, but the graphics weren't all that at all. They seemed worst then GTA IV's.

3. It's very repetitive. Mostly every mission's the same, and that get's boring.

But other than that it's a great game.
  68. TEM
    May 25, 2014
    My favorite video game of all time. The graphics are unrivaled even 4 years later. The city of L.A is bigger and better than ever. The story is top notch and the biggest reason why I love this game. All the characters are compelling and interesting. How the story unravels is an amazing experience each and every time I play.

Sure, the game play outside of investigating and interrogation

Sure, the game play outside of investigating and interrogation can get dull but it doesn't take away the greatness of it all.

Interrogations are challenging even after multiple plays and can always take a new turn.

Getting a 5 star score after a case is more rewarding to me than anything else ive ever experienced in a video game.

This game is almost played out like a movie which suits me well.

Speaking of movies, if you like this game watch the movie, LA Confidential.
  69. Jun 15, 2014
    One of the best games of all time I think. The story has a lot of deep, hidden meaning and it took me a couple of times to play through to understand it completely. It does have some problems. The cars are too grippy, the combat feels a bit stiff, and the Tommy gun has way too much ammo. But that doesn't take much away from the game. The story and dialogue are the main focus, and itOne of the best games of all time I think. The story has a lot of deep, hidden meaning and it took me a couple of times to play through to understand it completely. It does have some problems. The cars are too grippy, the combat feels a bit stiff, and the Tommy gun has way too much ammo. But that doesn't take much away from the game. The story and dialogue are the main focus, and it excels in that to movie-like quality. Expand
  70. Jul 4, 2014
    One of the best xbox 360 games you can play, even though it is a few years old. The graphics are advanced for its time and there is a very extensive amount of content. It took a few missions for me to get into the game, but once the ball got rolling i could not put it down. The city is gigantic and the AIs are well done. There is a lot of effort put into this game, and you really have toOne of the best xbox 360 games you can play, even though it is a few years old. The graphics are advanced for its time and there is a very extensive amount of content. It took a few missions for me to get into the game, but once the ball got rolling i could not put it down. The city is gigantic and the AIs are well done. There is a lot of effort put into this game, and you really have to play it to understand. This is a game you can play with your girlfriend and she wont mind watching.

I will admit, the interrogation aspect can be frustrating and some of the character reactions can be confusing, but you will love this game, especially for the low price you can get the complete edition at EB Games (18.00)

Overall, Just a very well made game that every Xbox owner needs to own
  71. Dec 11, 2014
    This game is a must play for anyone who likes an open world game, because this is that. But it's also so much more. It's a visually stunning, brilliantly written story that is matched only by the risk they took that succeeded more often than not. Admittedly not for everyone, it is worth a trial run thru to check out.
  72. Jan 1, 2015
    This game is a master piece in every way, from its detective noir style story to its shootout moments, to its tense and jazz style music. Its hard to imagine you won't like this game. You play as Cole Phelps a new detective proving yourself to the force. While dealing with the real world, you learn about Phelps cold past. Overall a solid game.
  73. Jul 27, 2015
    [LA Noire Review]

LA Noire is a truly impressive videogame, with a gripping storyline and some of the best tech on the last gen. Writing: The storyline is a great one, but it's not very smooth; It's badly paced at some parts, but this is expectable and acceptable do to the fact the game is more than twenty hours long. Anyway, the story is a hard-boiled noir story, and a good one at
    [LA Noire Review]

Writing: The storyline is a great one, but it's not very smooth; It's badly paced at some parts, but this is expectable and acceptable do to the fact the game is more than twenty hours long. Anyway, the story is a hard-boiled noir story, and a good one at that. It follows the career Of Cole Phelps (expertly played by Aron S.) a determined but overconfident cop rising the ranks. His story gets more gripping and interesting as the game delves deeper into his personal life. It's very captivating and emotional by the end, and worthy of the kind of films it's based on. The side characters are also very well written, especially Cole's old friends and partners. They all have great Kelso and ? Being a few of my favorites. Also this game benefits from not having many combat scenes. So many games end up with the cutscenes and gameplay feeling very separate and different. Your character will kill hundreds of highly armed enemies in one mission, and in the next cutscene it's treated like a small run-in with some hoodlums. But LA Noire is mostly investigation and interrogation, keeping you immersed in the story. It has one of the best stories in videgame history.

Story: 10/10
    Characters: 9/10
    Overall Writing: 19/20

Sound And Acting: The acting is some of the best in gaming. The actors have atmosphere and emotion. The tech helps Team Bondi capture the performances better than anybody had before. The music in the game is incredible. The score is rousing and exciting. It makes the game feel so much more like a classic noire film. The music is used to signify different events (each type of event has a little theme song, there's one for a gunfight, evidence search, ect.) is clever. The sound effects are also pretty good, but not as big a deal as in many games, as the game doesn't really need a huge variety of sounds. But the sounds that are there, really just a few gunshots, car sounds, and some footsteps, are well done.

FX: 8/10
    Acting: 10/10
    Overall Sound: 18/10

Animations And Physics: Most of the animations are superb the characters look incredibly realistic while climbing ladders and stairs, and while walking around. The facial animations are also great. All of the emotion on the actors face's is captured. The wrinkles and stubble are clearly visible. The only weaker point of the animation are death animations. They aren't horrible but are pretty stiff still. So in all the animations are some of the best of the last gen. When I went into the game I knew it was very story focused so I didn't expect anything great from the physics. I was pleasantly surprised. The cars crash and handle realistically, and there are plenty of physics objects to run into. There is also a soft body deformation system for the cars, making every crash realistic and unique. The ragdoll physics are also not to bad, but nothing like that of other games Rockstar had been involved in.

Physics: 6
    Animations: 9
    Overall Animations/Physics: 15

Environment: The atmosphere is top notch. Everything from the clothing to the interior design feel perfectly at home with the noire story. Everybody feels like someone from a 40s movie. The open world is also pretty awesome. It's one of the most convincing open world I've seen. The world is modeled after a huge amount of photographs of 1940s which is quite impressive. There are tons of 40s style ads, vintage storefronts, and tons of cool old cars. The game world also has a remarkable amount of enterable buildings for a decent size game, one of the largest amounts ever. Sadly there aren't any side activities that involve interacting with the city other than some cool but short lived squad calls you get while driving around. These end up with you subduing some criminals. The only activities are collecting trinkets throughout the city, sadly you can't go to bars, watch TV, or play some mini-games like in many other open world games. The controls are not very good. First I'd like to add that picking up and manipulating objects is surprisingly smooth. But other movements are not as coordinated. Sprinting is quite hard to control, you'll end up running into doorways and accidentally jumping over things (there's no jump button, so climbing and jumping is automatically activated when you sprint near a scale-able object). This is also because the camera hard to control and sometimes sluggish. The shooting isn't too bad, but it's not very precise. The interrogation and investigation scenes are the highlight of gameplay though. There's no other game with anything quite like them. You must judge if victims are lying or not and search through houses for evidence like an actual detective, both of which were very interesting and well functioning mechanics. The car handling on the other way is quite good. You can pull of all sorts of cool jumps and tricks once you get used to the handling. In all the gameplay was a bit repetitive and flawed, but unique enough to win me over.

Atmosphere: 5/5
    Entertainment: 3/5
    Environment Design: 4/5
    Gameplay/Controls: 3/5
    Overall Gameplay: 15/20

Graphics And Performance: Visually the game looks very good in both black and white and color. The black and white mode looks a little under tested as it impair you from seeing how injured your character is. Other than that, the tone of the black and white filter gives the game a distinct noire style. The color mode is very high contrast with a large color scope, making the whole game look like a vintage movie. Textures have a decent resolution, but are used in place of three dimensional objects far to often. The lighting and shadow effects are also some of the best I've seen on a last gen game. Small details of objects are actually visible on the shadows, but with closer examination shadows are very grainy on the 360 version, but I had to cut it some slack because the game was originally developed exclusively for PS3. The frame rate is also pretty steady, and I didn't see to many glitches.

Visuals: 4/5
    Lighting: 4/5
    Resolution: 5/5
    Processing: 4/5
    Overal Graphics: 17/20

LA Noire is a compelling and unique experience that I highly recommend to anyone who likes slower games.
    [94/100- Amazing]

1. Jul 26, 2011
    Look past the glitz of technical achievements, richly designed sets, ostensibly interactive environments, and you will see the real L.A. Noire – a vapid adventure with a hole-ridden plot, a boring unsympathetic hero, and rough stitches in places where content should be.
  2. Jul 13, 2011
    In attempting to ape the triumphs of another medium, it overlooks the triumphs of its own. The result is disappointing game, but an impressive interactive experience.
  3. CD-Action
    Jul 1, 2011
    L.A. Noire is a new breed of adventure game. It's quality and scale completely eclipse even the most important achievements in this genre and I strongly recommend it as the best interactive detective story of all time. [June 2011, p.52]