Left 4 Dead 2: Cold Stream Xbox 360

7.4

1. Jul 17, 2013
    A community created map Cold Stream provided a great excuse to get our usual Left 4 Dead gang back together but, while it was certainly an enjoyable experience, it is certainly not as tightly designed as the original campaigns.

At its fairly low price it is certainly worth playing if you’re an existing fan but I'd rather Valve released their own maps from now on.
  2. Aug 27, 2012
    So it's finally here. And it's good, I'll give it that, but Cold Stream really isn't an amazing campaign which would be understandable as it was community created, if it weren't for the fact there were so many community creations that are far better. The levels are layed out quite well, but just seem barren and uninteresting. Also, the lack of any story just takes away from the atmosphereSo it's finally here. And it's good, I'll give it that, but Cold Stream really isn't an amazing campaign which would be understandable as it was community created, if it weren't for the fact there were so many community creations that are far better. The levels are layed out quite well, but just seem barren and uninteresting. Also, the lack of any story just takes away from the atmosphere and makes it feel bland and diminishes your excitement to continue on. The finale is okay, and quite challenging, but overall the campaign feels as if it is lacking something. But there is a saving grace. All those awesome L4D 1 maps thrown in make it well worth the buy, so even if you're not a big fan of Cold Stream, you'll be happy to play the originals again with some new items and infected. Collapse
  3. Aug 27, 2012

1. Games Master UK
    Sep 18, 2012
    The final map, Cold Stream, disappoints by L4D standards. [Nov 2012, p.90]
  2. Aug 18, 2012
    While Cold Stream lacks that special Valve sheen, it's certainly not a badly designed Left 4 Dead 2 campaign. Plus, the addition of the original four Left 4 Dead campaigns is something that you'd be silly to pass up on.
    We're glad to fire up our 360s for some Left 4 Dead 2, and the addition of four of the first game's campaigns (with the sequel's items, special infected, and new scavenge maps) is a nice touch. But we would have enjoyed our dip into Cold Stream more had Valve freshened the water a bit.