8.6

1. AdamC
    Nov 28, 2009
    My 3 zombie killing friends and I agree. Left 4 dead 2 is bigger and better than the original. More zombies, more challenge, more laughs, and best of all more guns. If you liked L4D1, you need to get this game.
  2. Dec 10, 2011
    The gameplay is very good and playing versus is increadibly fun. Unfortunely the community killed this game. Most of the players don't know what word ''teamwork'' means at all, making playing this game increadibly annoying to play. If you can run this game fine on computer, buy this game to it. Avoid Xbox 360 port at all cost.
  3. Dec 19, 2010
    When I first heard about L4D2 I was skeptical and thought that it could have just as easily been DLC or an expansion pack that just added a few extra campaigns and some new weapons/enemies.

It turns out that I was 100% right on this one, it's still Left 4 Dead (just as we know and love it), it just has...some extra crap thrown in to try and mix it up a bit (which it sorta does for a bit).

The difficulty has gone up since the last game, although not always in the ways that veterans of the original would hope, (AI that will cheerfully ignore your pleas for aid as you have your kidneys being ripped out right next to them being something that I am still a bit sore about), sometimes the added challenge adds to the experience but more often than not it just strikes you as the game being petty and childish (was it really necessary to spawn five Chargers in the space of three minutes?).

I guess my overall opinion is that if you liked Left 4 Dead then you'll like Left 4 Dead 2 because it's just more of the same with a slightly different colour palette and somewhat contrived anti-camping measures.
  4. May 21, 2011
    This is one of the best game ever. Plenty of fun with friends and a very enjoyable versus mode. The coop system is the best ever seen in the games history. The animations are incredibly fluid, some of the best I've seen so far in a game. The dialogues are great, the characters say a lot of different things and are never annoying or ripetitive. Definitely a masterpiece!
  5. Mar 18, 2013
    This game is alright. Nothing special. Personally i LOVE Zombies! But this game was kind of disappointing, it is fun to play at times but i found myself feeling like i had to work my way through levels to survive and it wasn't as fun as i thought. Plus the first person view is WAY too close you can barely see what is happening around you. Overall this game isn't terrible but in my opinionThis game is alright. Nothing special. Personally i LOVE Zombies! But this game was kind of disappointing, it is fun to play at times but i found myself feeling like i had to work my way through levels to survive and it wasn't as fun as i thought. Plus the first person view is WAY too close you can barely see what is happening around you. Overall this game isn't terrible but in my opinion it's only worth a rent. Expand
  6. Apr 28, 2013
    I love this game. The difficulty of this game doesn't belong in the AI of the zombies but yourself and teammates. You could play on easy and get demolished if you're just fooling around. The very few weapons that was added isn't much and enough to complain about that there aren't enough weapons for the zombie shooter. The new infected feel generic but easily liked because they pulled themI love this game. The difficulty of this game doesn't belong in the AI of the zombies but yourself and teammates. You could play on easy and get demolished if you're just fooling around. The very few weapons that was added isn't much and enough to complain about that there aren't enough weapons for the zombie shooter. The new infected feel generic but easily liked because they pulled them off. Melee weapons added are very very awesome, it upgraded the game twice. though it is fun, I don't think it will get any better than a 7 for me. Expand
  7. Nov 30, 2013
    Agh where do I start. Okay before you read this I love the original Left 4 Dead zombies, forced to use team work to kick undead ass, and play as a zombie to kick living ass sign me up." Okay *sigh* Left 4 Dead 2 is a huge disappointment for me. First it's like the original with a fresh new coat of paint. Next is that it didn't do anything different, it did add umm let me see FOUR or FIVEAgh where do I start. Okay before you read this I love the original Left 4 Dead zombies, forced to use team work to kick undead ass, and play as a zombie to kick living ass sign me up." Okay *sigh* Left 4 Dead 2 is a huge disappointment for me. First it's like the original with a fresh new coat of paint. Next is that it didn't do anything different, it did add umm let me see FOUR or FIVE new guns(I'll talk about melee weapons later) I mean for real and all they are is a upgraded version that felt like the original weapons just with a different name and shape. As for the special thing in the game is the melee weapons one thing, if you implanted them in this why diD'T THEY ADD IT IN THE ORIGINAL. I'm not kidding they felt like something missing in the original, also the DLC that included the original survivors made this more true. Also the versus is down right broken, survivors damage you quickly, and playing as the survivors it's frustrating cause your team get destroyed easy, and the new infected are just plain boring with the exception of the Jocky.

However there is some redeeming factors, one I liked one new game type called Realism. It's really creative to think of it, in this mode there is no glow around items and teammates so if they get incapacitated you really wouldn't know where they are, also the zombies can not killed instantly with a body shot with a strong weapon like the sniper rifle instead you do more damage if you shot them in the head,*classic* because of the new mode it improved the score a bit.

From a company like VAVLE I thought I would be more impressed but this is just wow just wow.
  8. TheDude
    Jan 31, 2010
    This game rocks. I was a huge fan of the first game, and traded it in for a special deal on MW2, and when I first started this one I was regretting that decision and missing the first one badly. Now after playing it straight for a couple of weeks, I can't hardly imagine playing the old one, since it doesn't have so many of the new things that have been added to the sequel that This game rocks. I was a huge fan of the first game, and traded it in for a special deal on MW2, and when I first started this one I was regretting that decision and missing the first one badly. Now after playing it straight for a couple of weeks, I can't hardly imagine playing the old one, since it doesn't have so many of the new things that have been added to the sequel that work so well and add so much to the game. The biggest difference is, of course, the three new infected characters. All three, the jockey, spitter, and charger, all fit in perfectly and add new dimensions to the team strategy dimensions so critical to the online versus mode. My initial response to the game was based on the first of the five new campaigns, Dead Center, which is still my least favorite of the new offerings. The other four campaigns are awesome. Equally awesome is the new Scavenge mode, in which teams play several rounds rotating to see which team of survivors can collect and score more gas cans before a timer runs out. It's tons of fun, just like the traditional versus mode, and is a great alternative if you don't have enough time for a full campaign. Other cool new additions are the melee weapons, the adrenaline shot, and the defibrilator. Once you've played the game for a while, all of the new additions work very well and add to the overall experience. So, in conclusion, this is just an awesome game that fans of the first are sure to love, if they give it a little time so they can get used to all the new changes. Expand
  9. Sep 10, 2011
    I do not see how this game deserves a 8.9 in user scores. This game is a average FPS with unlimited ammo and weak zombies. Single player is boring and graphics are disappointing and repeating. Multiplayer is better if you play it with friends, but same goes with any other multiplayer. I did not like this game, even though I am fan of Half Life and Resident Evil series.
  10. Dec 26, 2011
    Left 4 Dead is one of the best action games I played. Hundreds of zombies and mutants like Jokeys, Tanks, Smokers and the dreaded Witchs awaits on this game. Online mode is fantastic, but single player mode is very fun too.
  11. Sep 3, 2010
    pretty much like the first one only things improved is lots of melee wepons and the graphics look like they actaully belong on the 360 instead of the original xbox. thats about it its just as repetetive as the first. no story charicters are annoying and lame . its still to short abit longer then the first one though. again still shoulda been a budget title . i didnt expect any thing frompretty much like the first one only things improved is lots of melee wepons and the graphics look like they actaully belong on the 360 instead of the original xbox. thats about it its just as repetetive as the first. no story charicters are annoying and lame . its still to short abit longer then the first one though. again still shoulda been a budget title . i didnt expect any thing from this game and thats what i got . makes me glad i just rented it. if you loved the first you will probubly like this one as long as you didnt set your hopes high there was gona be much of a improvement . otherwsie at best rent it and forget about it. Expand
  12. ScottP
    Nov 29, 2009
    This game is fun for about an hour. After that it becomes some mindless repetive shooter that has no lasting appeal. Why is there no value in the story anymore? This game is better than the last, but that is not saying much. Im glad I bought this game used, because I would be very upset with myself if I supported such a lazy game developer.
  13. Dec 27, 2011
    Disappointed to say the least. I've loved Valve right up to this point with Left 4 Dead. L4D was good, but nothing special to me, and then this mod came out and I lost all hope in Valve ever really redeeming themselves in the next 5 years...
  14. Daz
    Jan 6, 2010
    No where near as fresh as the first game. I really can't get into this one and i loved the first. The new special infected are boring IMO, and the new scenes are no where near the quality of the first. Not for me.
  15. BtandonItalia
    Dec 13, 2009
    Overrated and boring. Another game where you are lead to believe the game play will look and feel like the way you see in the previews but they fail miserably and you are left with a mediocre looking game with quirky and unresponsive controls...
  16. Apr 27, 2011
    9/10 = Amazing = Addictive and very well designed shooter. Some of the best Co-op and versus action you can possibly find on console.
  17. Nov 22, 2010
    Firstly, this is way better than the original. The characters are funnier, the fighting is better, and the game is harder. But not harder in an off putting way though, harder in a way which makes you just want to kick ass. Plus the game is actually intelligent, in that if you seem to be struggling with your path of progression it can actually change to adapt to your skill level so repeatFirstly, this is way better than the original. The characters are funnier, the fighting is better, and the game is harder. But not harder in an off putting way though, harder in a way which makes you just want to kick ass. Plus the game is actually intelligent, in that if you seem to be struggling with your path of progression it can actually change to adapt to your skill level so repeat plays can make a completely different experience increasing the playability.

The melee weapons are the big new thing about L4D2. Killing the undead with a guitar is surprisingly fun, although I must admit the fun of hacking and slashing your way through the hoard does wear off slightly, and you'll probably find yourself switching back to your gun often. By far my favourites are the axe and the chainsaw. The chainsaw especially when used again the witches. They were the one special zombie which caused me no end of deaths in the original L4D, so the satisfaction of bringing one down alone in five seconds flat is extremely fun.

The special zombies are much more common in the sequel (or at least I noticed them more). The new ones are Spitters (My mortal enemy) who spew out pools of acid which are deathly if you stroll into one; Jockeys, which take control of your movement; and Chargers, who are like mini tanks but much, much easier to kill. Of course, the witches and tanks are still there in full force, along with the Boomers, Hunters and Smokers ready to massacure you in a split second if you're away from your team mates.

Speaking of team mates, L4D2 is very much a co-op game, and is really at its most enjoyable when played with a friend (or three). Team work really is essential when the zombies start swarming you, and to help you find ammunition and all the good weapons. It's encouraged further with the addition of a defibrillator kit to revive dying team mates, plus rooms which you have to locate to revive dead team mates (and there's nothing as annoying as sitting back while your team mates refuse to find the door because they're on a roll, but then on the up side, you can vote to kick them).

Mind you, all that team mate stuff goes out the door in the online versus games, when four of you are the survivors and four of you are trying to annihilate them ruthlessly. Probably better played with strangers, since you will fall out. A lot. Especially when they start teaming up on the weak one. Which is usually me.

A little note about the AI characters here. They're crap. I wouldn't like to play the game solo on a hard difficulty because the AI characters have stopped being as good as they were in the original and started being incredibly dumb. They'll revive and heal you sometimes, but I found they shoot less and get hurt more and sometimes even leave you to die while they go off and save their own sorry asses. And that's just not cool. The AI is the only thing about the game where the original L4D has the edge.

As well as Versus and Campaign mode, you can also play Survival and Scavenge, which are shorter and more competitive (if you can get more competitive than Versus). Survival sees you battling to stay alive for as long as possible against swarming hoards, and with no chance of escape it really does come down to who lasts the longest. Great way to get used to using the weapons, but it does get a little old quickly. Scavenge mode has more replayability as you can play as survivors trying to collect gas tanks to fill up a generator and thus add time to keep a rapid clock counting down going, or as the infected trying to stop them. Again, you'll probably fall out by the end. But in a fun way.

Overall, this a game I'll be recommending. If you liked the original, you'll like this even better, it's a much more rounded game and although the same could've probably been achieved with a couple of expansion packs, that wouldn't have been half as satisfying. If you're new to the series then buy this instead of the first one.
  18. May 13, 2012
    This game needs some work. When i say work i mean WORK!!!!!!! I kinda like it. But it needs work on graphics. If you like zombies, then you might want this game it is ok for its price. But the first one sucks!!!!!!
  19. Oct 13, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 is pretty much the same as the first one, except for the better wepons and graphics. But other than that its the same. No suspene, no other survivors, and no cutscenes.
  20. May 7, 2013
    Don't like it, just zombie hordes, boring... I played split screen with my friend, so the game play was more fun. still, can't never played it by myself alone, too boring....
  21. AaronS
    Dec 27, 2009
    This game entertained me for weeks.... until break ended for me... I could have played it for MONTHS. Anyhow, It has a shockingly realistic gameplay, ESPECIALLY since they made the parts to a un/common infected seperately allowing parts to fall off and even when the skin is torn off, it reveals the inner body. Great work Valve! And I am excited for the add-on in which the ol' L4D 1 This game entertained me for weeks.... until break ended for me... I could have played it for MONTHS. Anyhow, It has a shockingly realistic gameplay, ESPECIALLY since they made the parts to a un/common infected seperately allowing parts to fall off and even when the skin is torn off, it reveals the inner body. Great work Valve! And I am excited for the add-on in which the ol' L4D 1 Characters will unite with our new buddies. Expand
  22. alzombie
    Dec 5, 2009
    This squeal is an improved version of the first game which I loved. It is however frustrating sitting in lobbies trying to find multiplayer games. The new weapons are awesome and the extra zombies are great along with some excellent levels and action. It is an essential purchase if you like zombies
  23. jamezs
    Jan 20, 2010
    never played l4d1 should of but this game is fantastic loads of varieties of gameplay to choose from such as realism, survival that is what brings out the life of the game must must must buy
  24. chriso
    Jan 8, 2010
    Great game, very challenging playing alone. Sometimes feels like even on Normal the directer and crescendo events can be unforgiving. Loved the first, and am loving the second. has more likeable characters imo as well 9hated everyone but Bill in L4D 1, loving everyone but rochelle in L4D 2). Great game, def a buy. Campaigns are great, variety in weapons is a plus, and more special Great game, very challenging playing alone. Sometimes feels like even on Normal the directer and crescendo events can be unforgiving. Loved the first, and am loving the second. has more likeable characters imo as well 9hated everyone but Bill in L4D 1, loving everyone but rochelle in L4D 2). Great game, def a buy. Campaigns are great, variety in weapons is a plus, and more special infected, and new Directer always changing things up. Amazing game. Expand
  25. donm
    Nov 29, 2009
    this game brings in a lot more competition for the humans, as the humans were over powered in the first and made it nearly impossible to be stopped if they worked well together. the zombies got some much needed variety -- good heavens i was tired of being a lame hunter all the time!!! the new zombies are a great addition and make the gameplay a lot more fun. the jockey, the spitter, the this game brings in a lot more competition for the humans, as the humans were over powered in the first and made it nearly impossible to be stopped if they worked well together. the zombies got some much needed variety -- good heavens i was tired of being a lame hunter all the time!!! the new zombies are a great addition and make the gameplay a lot more fun. the jockey, the spitter, the charger, all add a lot of new elements and strategies to taking down the humans. the levels are more complex than the originial, but this just requires smarter gameplay and different routes you can take to get to the end. the game is a definite improvement over the first and although it might have been possible to have this as downloadable content, can you really wrong them for releasing it as a new game? they are a company and they saw an opportunity to make some $$... what they didnt do was release a crappy game, this game is well worth the money and has a lot of new content, a lot of the same old game mechanics remain the same, but hey what i always say is "if it aint broke, dont fix it". the game is great, pick it up, and if you have the first, you wont be going back -- the addition of the zombies was just awesome! it is so fun to play all the new zombies and develop new strategies on killing the humans. teamwork, like in the first, is necessary for success, on both sides. the game feels better now and more refined. nice job valve. Expand
  26. ZachM
    Dec 15, 2009
    Great game it just needs checkpoints because if you die near the end of a level or at any time in the level you have to start all over. Other than that, very fun and addictive.
  27. TommiS
    Dec 16, 2009
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an exellent sequal. It has a lot more to offer than the first: The melee weapons that chop zombies into little pieces, new guns, and a new campaign that is much better and exiting than the ones we had in the earlier game. Altogether l4d 2 is a must buy
  28. KeithR.
    Dec 21, 2009
    this game kicks ass, the graphics are great, the gore is spectaculer, a cubic-butload of new guns, weapons, and zombies. Definately one of the top 3 games of the year.
  29. SethA
    Dec 7, 2009
    It is a slight improvement from the first game especially with the addition of melee weapons. I feel that the difficulty has been ramped up on this game compared to the first game and I feel like this makes it almost unplayable. Playing online is horrendous because I lag every single time I play. This has made me stop playing online and I now play the single player. Valve has made a solid It is a slight improvement from the first game especially with the addition of melee weapons. I feel that the difficulty has been ramped up on this game compared to the first game and I feel like this makes it almost unplayable. Playing online is horrendous because I lag every single time I play. This has made me stop playing online and I now play the single player. Valve has made a solid game like always this one just isn't on par with it's other masterpieces such as both Half Lifes, Portal, and both Team Fortresses. Expand
  30. WalterS.
    Jan 15, 2010
    I didn't own the first game (though I did play it), so it has no place in my heart and the gameplay hasn't curdled for me the way it may have for someone who's played the same game last year. While the first is like a tactical operation, the sequel is more like a warzone. Sometimes you'll find that gunning it through the level is preferable to taking your time and I didn't own the first game (though I did play it), so it has no place in my heart and the gameplay hasn't curdled for me the way it may have for someone who's played the same game last year. While the first is like a tactical operation, the sequel is more like a warzone. Sometimes you'll find that gunning it through the level is preferable to taking your time and gathering valuable supplies. The game is VERY reliant on teamwork (as you may have guessed), no matter what tactics you use. Whether you're searching every room or going for a speedrun record, you all have to be on the same page. You'll be screaming at your television because your idiotic teammate doesn't have a microphone and can't "leave the womb." Do yourself a favor, organize a team of either friends or other people interested in coordination and communication. Pubbies are USELESS and will doom your team. I hate to say it, but if there's one guy who just won't keep up, kick him or leave him behind. The majority vote of you and your other two teammates will protect you. Retracing your steps every five minutes to rescue the same guy will get you slaughtered. Lame leg, lame horse. This is especially frustrating in Versus, where a dozen more footsteps could be the difference between victory and defeat. Gameplay aside, the atmosphere is spectacular. I love the Southern feel of the game and music, and the characters are absolutely infectious. I can't put into words how exciting the Dark Carnival finale is. Gotta reach for the top, stay on the mountain! Na-na-naaa naaa naaa na-na-na-naaa! Expand
  31. FPSMaster
    Nov 25, 2009
    Some things feel better than the first game and some things don't. The levels are more open, the new weapons are good and the limb-specific hit detection and physics are good. Some of the negatives are the bulet penetration has been toned down and like COD:MW2 it no longer leaves exit points so you really can't tell if you're shooting through things or not and that also Some things feel better than the first game and some things don't. The levels are more open, the new weapons are good and the limb-specific hit detection and physics are good. Some of the negatives are the bulet penetration has been toned down and like COD:MW2 it no longer leaves exit points so you really can't tell if you're shooting through things or not and that also makes it look half assed. The A.I. director seems to have been toned down and never truly overwhelms you as often as the first game did. The developers also put weapons, ammo and upplies in the same points in every level with all things there for the taking because they said no one tried different weapons in the first game. This destroys what the first game did when it gave you certain weapons or supplies at certain points depnding on how good or bad you were doing. The levels being bigger and more open is a plus, but also a minus. It's hard to tell where to go especially without the tell-tale markers such as a brighter light in an area or something similar that leads you subconsciencely and it's hard to feel overwhelmed with such large, open areas. The new enmies are decent, but I don't feel they change gameplay all that much. But the worst part is the atmosphere. The levels just don't feel as zombie-ish as the first game's levels. The daylight and areas just don't fit the theme well. The characters are bland and forgettable and the graphics engine needs to be replaced before the next game arrives being 5 years old now, that's for sure. Overall, a decent game but no one will ever be able to tell me this couldn't have been a downloadable mappack with updates to add in those weapons and enemies because that's about the only real positive change. This WAS originally promised as an update for the original game for those not in the know. An update sold as a full game as with all sequels this generation. Expand
  32. ajslick
    Dec 10, 2009
    This game improves on the original with melee weapons and more guns then the original. The graphics are still outdated like the first one, doesn't look hd quality at all. A few of the levels are nice like the swamp and carnival, but others like the mall are been there, done that. Online is laggy as well. I got this game for 35 on black friday, but don't think its worth much more.
  33. ColinL
    Dec 29, 2009
    Left 4 Dead 2 wipes away any doubt in my mind that the sequel would be simply another copy. All gameplay has been expanded and refined from the first game and the new modes offer oodles of replay value. I am confused as to why people consider the source engine so outdated, it does not suffer from texture pops or collision issues like so many others. The controls feel fluid and natural. Left 4 Dead 2 wipes away any doubt in my mind that the sequel would be simply another copy. All gameplay has been expanded and refined from the first game and the new modes offer oodles of replay value. I am confused as to why people consider the source engine so outdated, it does not suffer from texture pops or collision issues like so many others. The controls feel fluid and natural. Valve has managed to create a whole new game. Boycotters will be shamed for years to come. Expand
  34. JohnD
    Dec 6, 2009
    First, a few words about the sequel/update argument. In the first Left 4 Dead, levels weren't designed with the spitter in mind, or places adrenaline would be preferred over pills. Old game maps would need to be updated to take advantage of the slew of new features. Now while it's possible to rework all the old campaigns, Valve is totally justified in making a sequel. First, a few words about the sequel/update argument. In the first Left 4 Dead, levels weren't designed with the spitter in mind, or places adrenaline would be preferred over pills. Old game maps would need to be updated to take advantage of the slew of new features. Now while it's possible to rework all the old campaigns, Valve is totally justified in making a sequel. They've come through on their promise to give the original new content (survival mode and Crash Course come to mind), and a new game allows them to build around all their new concepts. Does this mean Valve is totally innocent? No. So many new things so quick after the first game seems to say they released Left 4 Dead too early. But, I think any lesson Valve could learn would be learned by now. Alright, now that I've perpetuated this asinine argument, back to the zombie killing. Left 4 Dead 2 has fixed most every problem from the original. New special infected (and the uncommon commons) go a long way to mixing things up, turning former safe areas, like hallways (charger) and corners (spitter), into dangers in their own right. The different campaigns, which seemed to be very similar in the original, now have marked differences and totally unique moments. The new "gauntlet" crescendo events, where you're running to a target instead of holding out, are very fun, and the classic crescendo events provide less walls to back against, increasing the danger. Finales are noticeably amped up in difficulty, forcing players to make a plan beyond, "Find a corner and stay there". Lastly, the slew of new items and weapons open up much more strategy, and rely encourage teamwork. Of course, nothing is perfect, and Left 4 Dead 2 has it's flaws. The game can be very unforgiving at times, and it's lost some of the "we need to survive" feel of the original to the much more common "we need to kick ass". All in all, this is one of the best multiplayer games I've seen in a while. I suggest this game to (A) anyone who likes co-op, (B) anyone who likes online games, and (C) anyone who likes what Valve makes. Expand
  35. JasonB.
    Dec 6, 2009
    This game made improvements ...... major improvements this game was made for multiplayer and online.
  36. RyanM
    Dec 6, 2009
    I don't consider this an improvement from the first game. While it does add new weapons, infected, characters, and tweaked the horde, the most notable addition is the new campaigns. The new weapons don't really do anything different (other than the awesome melee weapons) and characters aren't quite as likeable as Zoey, Francis, Bill, and Louis. But being able to team up I don't consider this an improvement from the first game. While it does add new weapons, infected, characters, and tweaked the horde, the most notable addition is the new campaigns. The new weapons don't really do anything different (other than the awesome melee weapons) and characters aren't quite as likeable as Zoey, Francis, Bill, and Louis. But being able to team up with three other friends to fight the zombie apocalypse or 7 other friends for some intense Versus/Scavenge makes the game infinately replayable. It just lacked the original innovation of the first game. Expand
  37. NiklasA.
    Dec 12, 2009
    Ive always loved Valve. They have always seemed to bring out what really makes games fun in their work. This game is a must have to all XBOX owners. It is also a great game to play as a break from the ever so frustrating (but still fun) Call of Duty 6.
  38. Aug 29, 2010
    Left 4 dead 2 is a very fun game. Nothing beats taking out zombies with a baseball bat, but doing it on the same maps gets very old. Don't get me wrong i like this game it's just since there's only like 6 maps it does get old. They did come out with the passing but it sucked. I hear there's another add on coming out but i will not be getting it cause i traded mine in for Bad company 2. TheLeft 4 dead 2 is a very fun game. Nothing beats taking out zombies with a baseball bat, but doing it on the same maps gets very old. Don't get me wrong i like this game it's just since there's only like 6 maps it does get old. They did come out with the passing but it sucked. I hear there's another add on coming out but i will not be getting it cause i traded mine in for Bad company 2. The characters are brilliant and so is this game. It's just the same 6 maps do get old. I give it a 8 out of 10 Expand
  39. Jul 4, 2011
    For a long while, Team Fortress 2 was my favourite Live game, with it's varied character classes and Pixar-esque graphical style. The along came Left 4 Dead 2. Left 4 Dead 2 offers TF2 style variety, and then some. Taking the class-based formulae and filling it with BRAAAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNSSSS, L4D2 is a near-perfect multiplayer game, that any self respecting game should play. It's a reallyFor a long while, Team Fortress 2 was my favourite Live game, with it's varied character classes and Pixar-esque graphical style. The along came Left 4 Dead 2. Left 4 Dead 2 offers TF2 style variety, and then some. Taking the class-based formulae and filling it with BRAAAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNSSSS, L4D2 is a near-perfect multiplayer game, that any self respecting game should play. It's a really solid shooter, firstly, as playing as the survivors is just as fun as being the zombies, thanks to fun weapons and grenades. And then I move on to the zombies themselves, who play the more tactical game. Survivors cling together to survive, while the zombies get to choose crafty spawn points to suit their classes particular skills. The Boomer, a puking, fat zombie that can cause a huge hoard of common infected to attack the survivors, either by puking on them or exploded on them. There's also the Spitter, who throws a great big acid patch onto the floor, damaging the survivors and, if your particularly crafty, netting you a few Achievements. There's also the Smoker and Hunter, the former dragging survivors to there death with his huge tongue, while the latter climbs onto rooftops before leaping onto survivors and ripping them to pieces. The Charger and the Tank are sort of similar, as the Charger is a hulking brute who grabs survivors and pummels them, while the Tank just generally throws rocks and smacks survivors into oblivion. The last playable Infected is the Jockey, who jumps onto survivors and drives them into the zombies, causing said survivor to become a mound of flesh and blood. The single player campaign is also enjoyable enough, but it's far superior in co-op, with all it's zombie shooting, grenade throwing, with stalking shenanigans. Ah yes, the Witch. The Witch is a fast, powerful Infected who if you startle will kill you or knock you down, and then you will have to rely on your fellow survivors to help you. With is the point of the game really-teamwork. It forces you to work with your friends for a truly great survival-based multiplayer game, whilst being both addictive and satisfying. Expand
  40. Sep 24, 2010
    I'm not what you would call a "video game person", yet after playing this once, I've been obsessed with this game. Much better than the sequel, and the three extra infected characters are definitely worth the time. Even more weapons, plus even more zombies equals a hell of a time!
  41. Oct 25, 2010
    This is a highly addictive game. Yes you will lose interest after a while but add some friends and turn it to hard and guess what... I new found fun time... Anyone who gives this game lower than an 8 must not have any friends to play with... Multi player or multi player VS. is where this game shines!
  42. Nov 15, 2011
    While multiplayer has seen quite a bit of updating, Pretty much everything is the same. Short campaign with no replay value, The exact same gameplay with no difference what so ever, Decent graphics that are poorly designed. Left 4 Dead 2 doesnt impress as much as the first game does.
  43. Nov 17, 2010
    This game right here is the pretty much the only reason why i even buy the ridiculous price to play online, LOVE THIS GAME. love the 1 as well. I like how this game has more levels with actually light given L4D1 was pretty much a dark setting that whole time. I mean this game is just fun, shooting zombies with Ellis all day, does it really get any better than that?
  44. Nov 21, 2010
    If you loved the first game you'll love this one too. New people, some new weapons, able to carry and use melee wepaons, more campaigns, longer game, tons of fun.
  45. Dec 18, 2010
    I played countless hours of L4D 1 and loved every minute of it. The second installment introduces new features, game modes and characters to go along with the new levels and it's certainly more L4D goodness. The levels are more open and the AI director keeps the pressure on where the first game felt more directed and varied in pace, there are also more elaborate set pieces which to crop upI played countless hours of L4D 1 and loved every minute of it. The second installment introduces new features, game modes and characters to go along with the new levels and it's certainly more L4D goodness. The levels are more open and the AI director keeps the pressure on where the first game felt more directed and varied in pace, there are also more elaborate set pieces which to crop up half way through chapters as well as at the end. The controls are still the fastest and most crisp of any console FPS, suiting the fast pace of the game.

But something has taken the shine off it this time around, perhaps the characters and the locale don't ring the same zombie movie bells and the level design doesn't lend itself to keeping a tight team. Or maybe it's just that the excitingly team co-op gameplay from the first game isn't so new here. Either way I'm happy that I parted with the cash as it's still good and Valve deserve our support for their contribution to gaming in general.

Now how about a single player game using the same IP?
  46. Apr 5, 2011
    6 Word Review from Familiar Fan: Has replay value with laughable flaws. IF you're a fan familiar with the Left 4 Dead series, it's almost like playing Left 4 Dead again, but there are differences in Left 4 Dead 2. One big difference is that you shove is limited down from the last game. After a certain number of shoves, you can't shove anymore. If you desired weapon diversity and new6 Word Review from Familiar Fan: Has replay value with laughable flaws. IF you're a fan familiar with the Left 4 Dead series, it's almost like playing Left 4 Dead again, but there are differences in Left 4 Dead 2. One big difference is that you shove is limited down from the last game. After a certain number of shoves, you can't shove anymore. If you desired weapon diversity and new Special Infected, that has been added. The two biggest flaws, might be different for each person, I have with this game is two things: very stupid AI and poor fun with AI. The AI is very stupid, often so much so that it can be game changing (you may not have to deal with AI, but I do since I don't have Live. I often experience these problems with the AI in Co-op Campaign). Often times, AI will change from pistol to tier weapons at the worlds worst and weirdest time. AI also has a tendency to stay silent about hidden items, such as: better weapons, Pills, and First Aid. If you have live capabilities, your experience may be different from mine. Expand
  47. May 2, 2011
    This was a GREAT game has everything you could want guns, funny characters, and ZOMBIES just go out and buy it and you wont regret it. Graphics are great the sounds and music make it a scary and enjoyable experience. I would recommended this to anyone who is looking for a zombie game with a good campain, good humor and just a good time.
  48. Feb 26, 2013
    As with the original Left 4 Dead 2 sees players take on the role of one of four survivors just after the outbreak that turned most of the population into either zombies or even more powerful mutants. The game leads these Survivors through the south-eastern region of the US bringing the level of dramatic co-op players have come to expect. The game has been criticised in some quarters forAs with the original Left 4 Dead 2 sees players take on the role of one of four survivors just after the outbreak that turned most of the population into either zombies or even more powerful mutants. The game leads these Survivors through the south-eastern region of the US bringing the level of dramatic co-op players have come to expect. The game has been criticised in some quarters for being released within a year of the original but it certainly refines the formula enough to justify its existence. For starters there is a greater number of versus modes and the timed survival mode, that only came as a download in the first game, is now available right off the bat. With the introduction of new enemy types teamwork is also more vital than ever before. Wandering of alone is usually a pretty sure way to get yourself killed. Fortunately new weapons are also available including melee weapons. These weapons range from the weak crowbar to swords that can decapitate three or four zombies at once and really bring an extra dimension to the gameplay. Furthermore the main campaign is also better realised with some excellent set pieces. This all contributes to another fantastic multiplayer experience from Valve. Expand
  49. May 27, 2011
    Multiplayer! cooperative or competitive! Teamwork actually means something here. You can do more than just shoot guns. Controlling special abilitied Zombies is a unique experience. To call this a first person shooter almost seems like an insult because it has more different qualities than nearly all other hogwash coming down the pipe. Not incredibly different from L4D1, but a few newMultiplayer! cooperative or competitive! Teamwork actually means something here. You can do more than just shoot guns. Controlling special abilitied Zombies is a unique experience. To call this a first person shooter almost seems like an insult because it has more different qualities than nearly all other hogwash coming down the pipe. Not incredibly different from L4D1, but a few new special infected and melee weapons and maps...its worth it. Lots of polish, lots of fun...online scavenge mode rocks! You not only feel like a member of your team, you need to be and they need to be yours or your brains will get eaten. Bottom line...possibly the best teamwork oriented game ever, certainly the best with a still thriving community. Expand
  50. Jun 18, 2011
    Takes L4D1 and makes it so much better. The graphics are improved dramatically and so is the gameplay experience. The scenarios are much more intense - such as a flaming apartment building (or is it a hotel?). The new special infected add a sense of more caution, or if you're good enough, at the very least, a sense of more excitement. Just about everything in this game is better than theTakes L4D1 and makes it so much better. The graphics are improved dramatically and so is the gameplay experience. The scenarios are much more intense - such as a flaming apartment building (or is it a hotel?). The new special infected add a sense of more caution, or if you're good enough, at the very least, a sense of more excitement. Just about everything in this game is better than the first - even the music is better. The multiplayer and online experiences are much funner and are more of a challenge. This Left 4 Dead is worth buying way more than the first one, and this is one of Valve's greatest gaming achievements. Not only as a game, but as an experience - this one can literally change substantially each time you play, while the first one only has subtle changes that don't directly affect gameplay greatly. This is one of my favorite zombie games ever made, if not my favorite. Expand
  51. Jun 30, 2011
    This is my favorite game.Ever.The newer special infected are so much harder to fight that it just makes me want to play the game more so i can challennge myself. This game is great for multiplyier and a blast to play onine!
  52. Jul 22, 2011
    This game is a tiny bit better than the first, an achievement only met by few games. The campaigns are old-school, and the characters and weapons are much better than the first collection. Valve has a tradition of putting developer commentary on their games, and I played thru the campaign with the dev commentary, as I always do. It enhanced my experience, and I suggest this game to anyone.
  53. Jul 25, 2011
    Im happy to say i loved this game i bought this game with high hopes of a fun zombie shooter and i was granted that with this just amazingly fun game. Ok to start off the best part of this game is the co op ive never had more fun in co op ever. Next the characters are such a great batch of zombie killers. next the guns, they were fun to use and great to shoot. and finally the manyIm happy to say i loved this game i bought this game with high hopes of a fun zombie shooter and i was granted that with this just amazingly fun game. Ok to start off the best part of this game is the co op ive never had more fun in co op ever. Next the characters are such a great batch of zombie killers. next the guns, they were fun to use and great to shoot. and finally the many different chapters and maps make the game a reallf fun time and a great chance you will want to play again. Expand
  54. Jul 29, 2011
    this is my all time favorite game, great weapons, great grahpics and a lot of fun to play with freinds or online
  55. Aug 14, 2011
    Awesome Zombie killing game like the first one it was alot of fun. L4D2 has new zombies that catch you by suprise and can make you jump, like when you hear a tank coming it still makes your heart raise, gore was awesome, head shots were satisfying. Maps were great. Still wish they had more female charaters :l sure did miss the old charatersas well. But all in all a great game
  56. Sep 30, 2012
    Though it is quite similar to it's predecessor and doesn't really provide anything new, it's is much more gorier and much more fun than it's predecessor and provides that same mindless entertainment that was provided with the original Left 4 Dead that made it so fun to play.
  57. Nov 20, 2011
    First off, I love this game, and everything about it, the art style, the voices, the characters and the maps, all great. In this installment all of the campaigns link up, and make sense (if you play them in the correct order that is) which is a vast improvement from the previous title. The addition of the new infect characters really add a different swing into your play, as you now have toFirst off, I love this game, and everything about it, the art style, the voices, the characters and the maps, all great. In this installment all of the campaigns link up, and make sense (if you play them in the correct order that is) which is a vast improvement from the previous title. The addition of the new infect characters really add a different swing into your play, as you now have to take into account the spitter, which can deal great deals of damage to stationary players and the charger, which can and will boul through your team and split you up as you try to navigate your way to the safe room. The best thing about this game is the competitive edge that the Versus mode gives you, and the ability to play as the infected is a great experience. Expand
  58. Nov 21, 2011
    A very fun and addicting game with better weapons and more pickups then the first. Multiplayer is very fun and balanced although it can get laggy at times. Overall one of the best zombie games out there.
  59. Dec 23, 2011
    Okay, this is a Modern Review of this game. Since there has been many DLC's to change gameplay. I will like all my other reviews, put in three categories about the gameplay, multiplayer, and campaign. Gameplay: The gameplay in this game is fantastic. It's very well done compared to the original Left 4 Dead 2. The graphics are touched nicely but it has some slight bugs.Okay, this is a Modern Review of this game. Since there has been many DLC's to change gameplay. I will like all my other reviews, put in three categories about the gameplay, multiplayer, and campaign. Gameplay: The gameplay in this game is fantastic. It's very well done compared to the original Left 4 Dead 2. The graphics are touched nicely but it has some slight bugs.
    Multiplayer: The multiplayer has 7 different modes with the returning Versus, Survival and Campaign. Left 4 Dead 2 has also added other game modes such as Scavenge, Realism, Mutation (DLC) Versus Realism (DLC) This game was meant for more then one player, which it obviously shows in the gameplay. Overall, the Multiplayer faction of this game is near perfect, with some lag issues from its dedicated servers. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Campaign: Okay, lets all admit, this game as a very feeble storyline. The story is, four survivors (Ellis, Nick, Coach, and Rochelle) are abandoned at a rescue center in the middle of the apocolypse. This causes them to fight through the 6 campaigns (1 is a DLC, there are also two other campaigns which come from a DLC with the original Left 4 Dead.) against thousands (Literally) of infected, with 7 types of Special infected. These special infected have various abilities. The 7 infected are: Smoker, Hunter, Witch, Boomer, Tank, Jockey, Spitter and Charger. All 7 have various abilities customed to fit their own roles. -----------------------------------------------------------------
    I rate this game a 9
  60. Nov 28, 2011
    Probably one of the more addicting games out there, it's hard not to love Left 4 Dead 2. Most people think it's a rushed sequel to a great game and that it fails in comparison to the original, but in almost every category Left 4 Dead 2 is better. The only think that Left 4 Dead 2 doesn't measure up to Left 4 Dead in is characters. In L4D, we had memorable characters who had real life toProbably one of the more addicting games out there, it's hard not to love Left 4 Dead 2. Most people think it's a rushed sequel to a great game and that it fails in comparison to the original, but in almost every category Left 4 Dead 2 is better. The only think that Left 4 Dead 2 doesn't measure up to Left 4 Dead in is characters. In L4D, we had memorable characters who had real life to them but in this game, they seem almost as dead as the zombies. Other than that, L4D2 shines above L4D. More maps at launch, tougher difficulties, more game modes, new infected, weekly updates, you can't go wrong. Expand
  61. Dec 2, 2011
    Awesome environments, characters, weapons and some of the most addictive gameplay I've ever come across. The graphics aren't the best around even when it came out and the frame rate dips so it isn't perfect but in my opinion it's the best zombie game around.
  62. MW3
    Jan 17, 2012
    This game was AWESOME !! but to bad i traded my left 4 dead 2 for prototype and pkm pearl. This game is one of the best i highly recommend it
  63. Mar 6, 2012
    Really fun and awesome reply value. Story lacking, not enough dialogue, but really fun multiplayer, dynamic levels with differing items, special infected, and common hoardes.
  64. Mar 31, 2012
    The people on the PC version are cooperative and helpful. Don't bother with the console version; the other people ruin what is an amazing game with lack of teamwork.
  65. Apr 13, 2012
    A very good game and again another master piece . New characters which was nice. New zombies was very cool and much more guns and melee weapons which was a very nice touch to it. Many game modes are back and a few new ones as well. Campaigns 9/10 The old modes 8/10 The new modes 8/10 Left 4 Dead 2 8.7/10
  66. Aug 27, 2012
    i love this game hope the 3rd left 4 dead in work but love zombies killing but what wrong with game australia ban this game censored it!!! but i got uncut version i love this one more gore more action. censored version got less gore not good action.

but how ever uncut more gore festive
  67. May 3, 2012
    As a player i don't feel im abandoned by the developers in: the multiplayer experience for example, there are a lot of people playing it, I dont feel the developers created this videogame to only profit, always updating, there is a visual and history essence un compared to all other "last humans on earth".
  68. Jul 26, 2012
    I thought that this game was really amazing. The fact that the game is fast paced makes it even better.
    Roaming through the towns, cities, streets, buildings, roads, highways, and even forests facing zombies and "special" undead. You can find guns and melee weapons in all of the levels. I gave this game a 10 because it deserved it for the graphics, gameplay, plot, easy controls, and challenging but really fun levels.
  69. Aug 8, 2012
    No matter how repetitive it was doing the same levels over and over again, it was an extremely fun game to play as different things happened each time and you could even meet new gamers who you could communicate with and even have laughs with complete strangers, in versus mode.
  70. Nov 3, 2012
    I never found Valve's "Left 4 Dead" to be a great game. Entertaining? Yes. Challenging? Yes. Innovative? To a certain point. But the overall product still lacked a certain panache. It was too limited and too restrictive as if the makers didn't have the time or money to deliver a full product. But just one year later, Valve released this sequel which didn't suffer from the same limitations.I never found Valve's "Left 4 Dead" to be a great game. Entertaining? Yes. Challenging? Yes. Innovative? To a certain point. But the overall product still lacked a certain panache. It was too limited and too restrictive as if the makers didn't have the time or money to deliver a full product. But just one year later, Valve released this sequel which didn't suffer from the same limitations. By making a few minor adjustments and adding some much needed content, the company had created one of the great XBOX Live experiences. "Left 4 Dead 2" may be just a team-based arcade-like shooter, but it is a great one. In fact, it may be the best zombie game I've ever played. The brilliantly conceived cooperative and competitive modes are both fast-paced and intense and require strong team efforts to win. Versus is the best mode, in which two teams of four (survivors vs. zombies) are pitted against each other within a campaign chapter. L4D 2 also features Realism mode which amps up the campaign's difficulty, a horde mode (Survival) and Scavenger, a take on Capture the Flag. "Left 4 Dead 2" is a great tactical game with fun characters, plenty of gore and a nice variety of weapons. It's one of 2009's best games. 9.5 out of 10 Expand
  71. Nov 29, 2012
    I love story about zombie and left 4 dead 2 is really impressive game .This game got best coop ever.I play this game 2 years and still not boring me!!
  72. May 30, 2013
    It's Left 4 Dead again, but with new guns, melee weapons, more hilarious characters, better maps and just more fun in general. If you like Left 4 Dead, you're going to absolutely love this game.
  73. Jan 5, 2014
    The new Left 4 Dead instalment adds little to its predecessor but still bring the joy and addictiveness found within the previous game. slightly updated graphics, new maps, players, weapons and enemies will continue to have you on the edge of your seat. You will have a joy playing with your friends and this is still where the game is at its strongest. One of the best zombie games to date.
  74. Jul 11, 2013
    Such a dissappointment. First, the good stuff. The melee weapons are really cool, and I liked using the machete, axe and guitars the most. It's fun online and has a lot of extra modes. Now with what I don't like. The sniper is poorly balenced and acts like an accurate shotgun. The story is almost none existant and the game is very boring if playing alone. But the fun when playing withSuch a dissappointment. First, the good stuff. The melee weapons are really cool, and I liked using the machete, axe and guitars the most. It's fun online and has a lot of extra modes. Now with what I don't like. The sniper is poorly balenced and acts like an accurate shotgun. The story is almost none existant and the game is very boring if playing alone. But the fun when playing with friends makes it an 8/10 Expand
  75. Sep 15, 2013
    This is probably the finest co-op game out there. The gameplay is perfectly balanced to the difficulty you choose, punishing you if you mess up, tweaking the difficulty depending on your performance; the AI director is great for the pacing. The vs mode is the surprise winner. The strategy needed to defeat the other team is incredibly rewarding, pulling off a perfect infected attack injectsThis is probably the finest co-op game out there. The gameplay is perfectly balanced to the difficulty you choose, punishing you if you mess up, tweaking the difficulty depending on your performance; the AI director is great for the pacing. The vs mode is the surprise winner. The strategy needed to defeat the other team is incredibly rewarding, pulling off a perfect infected attack injects adrenaline straight to your joy department. The only problem is playing without allies, but that shouldn't be popular for such a popular game. Expand
  76. Mar 15, 2014
    A fun co-op first-person shooter from Valve. It is very team focused and is rather uninteresting if played alone. A worthwhile experience for those who enjoy co-op games.
  77. Jul 27, 2014
    Woah. This game is fun, addictive and you can play in multiplayer. Perfect for messing around and having a laugh if you enjoy blasting zombies' heads off! (Let's be honest know, who doesn't?) Though not as good as DOOM, the fps genre still rocks here, and I will always consider this game one of the best.
  78. Oct 21, 2014
    Great game if ONLY PLAYED ONLINE. I say that because when you play offline there is not that much to do and you would feel alone, but if played online it is this very fun and addictive game. The story was really bad but the zombies and the great atmosphere was amazing to play with friends or other zombie slayers.
  79. Jan 21, 2015
    AH ZAWMBEE GAJME!!!11!

Nah for real this time! Left 4 Dead 2 is a very improved version of the previous installment: well, Left 4 Dead! With a couple of things like more melee weapons, improved graphics, etc. Let's see what this gem has for us shall we? First off: The storyline, it's not super special but it gets things done by following a new group of survivors that consists of:
    AH ZAWMBEE GAJME!!!11!

With a couple of things like more melee weapons, improved graphics, etc.

Let's see what this gem has for us shall we?
    First off: The storyline, it's not super special but it gets things done by following a new group of survivors that consists of: Good guy Nick, Bumpah'-carz-Ellis, Worst-kind-of-lawyer-Rochelle, and that one coach dude from punch-out.

As i said, it's not fantastic and you'll have to use your imagination if you want to make this the remarkable masterpiece you want it to be.

The graphics are still the classic, **** if you are playing on a computer that can't render the graphics that are compareable with xbox 360 titles (i am referring to the Steam version of the game)

Soundtrack is fitting, it plays suspense tunes when you're in, let's say "a pickle" and plays like buttah'
    The weapons are relatively balanced with the exeption of shotguns that are just way too slow when surrounded by a horde of lunatics. Left 4 Dead 2 also has a really realistic physics engine.... yeah, Source... kind of. It varies in physics between Valve games apparently.

Ok, i don't have much more important to say so here's a summary:

Pros:

1) Plays smoothly, the AI is well programmed and the special infected are hella' precise.
    2) Soundtrack is immersive and fitting.
    3) Storyline is kind of interesting, especially if you have read the L4D Sacrifice comic.
    4) Easter eggs and achievements are both very fun to accomplish and find

Cons:

1) Glitches and bugs can ruin your experience
    2) Online play sucks *ss
    3) The new gamemodes are complete sh*t, they are hard,confusing, and don't add as much to the average experience

In short, this is a very interesting game, i've always seen zombies as an interesting subject and this game gets it right in getting me immersed in the sh*tstorm that's upon you, and three other douchebags or either overpowered AI's.

In other words, this game gets the score: "I can dig it"
  80. Jun 18, 2015
    An amazing hack-n-slash game that truly defines it's genre. However, only 10 hours in I couldn't help but to find myself skipping missions and eventually skipped to the last.

1. An undisputable improvement over its predecessor in every way, and it steals its own crown as best co-op game on the Xbox. It's chainsaw-twirlingly good. [Holiday 2009, p.64]
    L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    it remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.