Left 4 Dead 2 Xbox 360

8.6

1. Dec 10, 2011
    The gameplay is very good and playing versus is increadibly fun. Unfortunely the community killed this game. Most of the players don't know what word ''teamwork'' means at all, making playing this game increadibly annoying to play. If you can run this game fine on computer, buy this game to it. Avoid Xbox 360 port at all cost.
  2. Dec 19, 2010
    When I first heard about L4D2 I was skeptical and thought that it could have just as easily been DLC or an expansion pack that just added a few extra campaigns and some new weapons/enemies.

It turns out that I was 100% right on this one, it's still Left 4 Dead (just as we know and love it), it just has...some extra crap thrown in to try and mix it up a bit (which it sorta does for a bit).

The difficulty has gone up since the last game, although not always in the ways that veterans of the original would hope, (AI that will cheerfully ignore your pleas for aid as you have your kidneys being ripped out right next to them being something that I am still a bit sore about), sometimes the added challenge adds to the experience but more often than not it just strikes you as the game being petty and childish (was it really necessary to spawn five Chargers in the space of three minutes?).

I guess my overall opinion is that if you liked Left 4 Dead then you'll like Left 4 Dead 2 because it's just more of the same with a slightly different colour palette and somewhat contrived anti-camping measures.
  3. Mar 18, 2013
    This game is alright. Nothing special. Personally i LOVE Zombies! But this game was kind of disappointing, it is fun to play at times but i found myself feeling like i had to work my way through levels to survive and it wasn't as fun as i thought. Plus the first person view is WAY too close you can barely see what is happening around you. Overall this game isn't terrible but in my opinionThis game is alright. Nothing special. Personally i LOVE Zombies! But this game was kind of disappointing, it is fun to play at times but i found myself feeling like i had to work my way through levels to survive and it wasn't as fun as i thought. Plus the first person view is WAY too close you can barely see what is happening around you. Overall this game isn't terrible but in my opinion it's only worth a rent. Expand
  4. Apr 28, 2013
    I love this game. The difficulty of this game doesn't belong in the AI of the zombies but yourself and teammates. You could play on easy and get demolished if you're just fooling around. The very few weapons that was added isn't much and enough to complain about that there aren't enough weapons for the zombie shooter. The new infected feel generic but easily liked because they pulled themI love this game. The difficulty of this game doesn't belong in the AI of the zombies but yourself and teammates. You could play on easy and get demolished if you're just fooling around. The very few weapons that was added isn't much and enough to complain about that there aren't enough weapons for the zombie shooter. The new infected feel generic but easily liked because they pulled them off. Melee weapons added are very very awesome, it upgraded the game twice. though it is fun, I don't think it will get any better than a 7 for me. Expand
  5. Nov 30, 2013
    Agh where do I start. Okay before you read this I love the original Left 4 Dead zombies, forced to use team work to kick undead ass, and play as a zombie to kick living ass sign me up." Okay *sigh* Left 4 Dead 2 is a huge disappointment for me. First it's like the original with a fresh new coat of paint. Next is that it didn't do anything different, it did add umm let me see FOUR or FIVEAgh where do I start. Okay before you read this I love the original Left 4 Dead zombies, forced to use team work to kick undead ass, and play as a zombie to kick living ass sign me up." Okay *sigh* Left 4 Dead 2 is a huge disappointment for me. First it's like the original with a fresh new coat of paint. Next is that it didn't do anything different, it did add umm let me see FOUR or FIVE new guns(I'll talk about melee weapons later) I mean for real and all they are is a upgraded version that felt like the original weapons just with a different name and shape. As for the special thing in the game is the melee weapons one thing, if you implanted them in this why diD'T THEY ADD IT IN THE ORIGINAL. I'm not kidding they felt like something missing in the original, also the DLC that included the original survivors made this more true. Also the versus is down right broken, survivors damage you quickly, and playing as the survivors it's frustrating cause your team get destroyed easy, and the new infected are just plain boring with the exception of the Jocky.

However there is some redeeming factors, one I liked one new game type called Realism. It's really creative to think of it, in this mode there is no glow around items and teammates so if they get incapacitated you really wouldn't know where they are, also the zombies can not killed instantly with a body shot with a strong weapon like the sniper rifle instead you do more damage if you shot them in the head,*classic* because of the new mode it improved the score a bit.

From a company like VAVLE I thought I would be more impressed but this is just wow just wow.
  6. Sep 10, 2011
    I do not see how this game deserves a 8.9 in user scores. This game is a average FPS with unlimited ammo and weak zombies. Single player is boring and graphics are disappointing and repeating. Multiplayer is better if you play it with friends, but same goes with any other multiplayer. I did not like this game, even though I am fan of Half Life and Resident Evil series.
  7. ScottP
    Nov 29, 2009
    This game is fun for about an hour. After that it becomes some mindless repetive shooter that has no lasting appeal. Why is there no value in the story anymore? This game is better than the last, but that is not saying much. Im glad I bought this game used, because I would be very upset with myself if I supported such a lazy game developer.
  8. Daz
    Jan 6, 2010
    No where near as fresh as the first game. I really can't get into this one and i loved the first. The new special infected are boring IMO, and the new scenes are no where near the quality of the first. Not for me.
  9. May 13, 2012
    This game needs some work. When i say work i mean WORK!!!!!!! I kinda like it. But it needs work on graphics. If you like zombies, then you might want this game it is ok for its price. But the first one sucks!!!!!!
  10. Oct 13, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 is pretty much the same as the first one, except for the better wepons and graphics. But other than that its the same. No suspene, no other survivors, and no cutscenes.
  11. May 7, 2013
    Don't like it, just zombie hordes, boring... I played split screen with my friend, so the game play was more fun. still, can't never played it by myself alone, too boring....
  12. FPSMaster
    Nov 25, 2009
    Some things feel better than the first game and some things don't. The levels are more open, the new weapons are good and the limb-specific hit detection and physics are good. Some of the negatives are the bulet penetration has been toned down and like COD:MW2 it no longer leaves exit points so you really can't tell if you're shooting through things or not and that also Some things feel better than the first game and some things don't. The levels are more open, the new weapons are good and the limb-specific hit detection and physics are good. Some of the negatives are the bulet penetration has been toned down and like COD:MW2 it no longer leaves exit points so you really can't tell if you're shooting through things or not and that also makes it look half assed. The A.I. director seems to have been toned down and never truly overwhelms you as often as the first game did. The developers also put weapons, ammo and upplies in the same points in every level with all things there for the taking because they said no one tried different weapons in the first game. This destroys what the first game did when it gave you certain weapons or supplies at certain points depnding on how good or bad you were doing. The levels being bigger and more open is a plus, but also a minus. It's hard to tell where to go especially without the tell-tale markers such as a brighter light in an area or something similar that leads you subconsciencely and it's hard to feel overwhelmed with such large, open areas. The new enmies are decent, but I don't feel they change gameplay all that much. But the worst part is the atmosphere. The levels just don't feel as zombie-ish as the first game's levels. The daylight and areas just don't fit the theme well. The characters are bland and forgettable and the graphics engine needs to be replaced before the next game arrives being 5 years old now, that's for sure. Overall, a decent game but no one will ever be able to tell me this couldn't have been a downloadable mappack with updates to add in those weapons and enemies because that's about the only real positive change. This WAS originally promised as an update for the original game for those not in the know. An update sold as a full game as with all sequels this generation. Expand
  13. ajslick
    Dec 10, 2009
    This game improves on the original with melee weapons and more guns then the original. The graphics are still outdated like the first one, doesn't look hd quality at all. A few of the levels are nice like the swamp and carnival, but others like the mall are been there, done that. Online is laggy as well. I got this game for 35 on black friday, but don't think its worth much more.
  14. Nov 15, 2011
    While multiplayer has seen quite a bit of updating, Pretty much everything is the same. Short campaign with no replay value, The exact same gameplay with no difference what so ever, Decent graphics that are poorly designed. Left 4 Dead 2 doesnt impress as much as the first game does.
  15. Dec 18, 2010
    I played countless hours of L4D 1 and loved every minute of it. The second installment introduces new features, game modes and characters to go along with the new levels and it's certainly more L4D goodness. The levels are more open and the AI director keeps the pressure on where the first game felt more directed and varied in pace, there are also more elaborate set pieces which to crop upI played countless hours of L4D 1 and loved every minute of it. The second installment introduces new features, game modes and characters to go along with the new levels and it's certainly more L4D goodness. The levels are more open and the AI director keeps the pressure on where the first game felt more directed and varied in pace, there are also more elaborate set pieces which to crop up half way through chapters as well as at the end. The controls are still the fastest and most crisp of any console FPS, suiting the fast pace of the game.

But something has taken the shine off it this time around, perhaps the characters and the locale don't ring the same zombie movie bells and the level design doesn't lend itself to keeping a tight team. Or maybe it's just that the excitingly team co-op gameplay from the first game isn't so new here. Either way I'm happy that I parted with the cash as it's still good and Valve deserve our support for their contribution to gaming in general.

Now how about a single player game using the same IP?
  16. Jun 18, 2015
    An amazing hack-n-slash game that truly defines it's genre. However, only 10 hours in I couldn't help but to find myself skipping missions and eventually skipped to the last.

1. An undisputable improvement over its predecessor in every way, and it steals its own crown as best co-op game on the Xbox. It's chainsaw-twirlingly good. [Holiday 2009, p.64]
    L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    it remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.