Legendary Xbox 360

7.1

1. JustinG
    Nov 30, 2008
    The story line to this game is awesome and really unique, but it could have been way better in a lot of things. For example graphics and controls. I mean the graphics weren't terrible, but they were not as good as i was hoping. And the controls are not that bad either, but the aiming seems a little off and the difference in the weapons strength is a bit ridiculous. Im not so fond of The story line to this game is awesome and really unique, but it could have been way better in a lot of things. For example graphics and controls. I mean the graphics weren't terrible, but they were not as good as i was hoping. And the controls are not that bad either, but the aiming seems a little off and the difference in the weapons strength is a bit ridiculous. Im not so fond of the jumping either. Its a good game still, but a lot of it is just plan annoying. All in all the whole thing about pandora's box is awesome, now only if they could have fixed a lot of other things. It was a good try at a game though. Collapse
  2. RoosterIllusion
    Jan 16, 2009
    Behold God's mistake. I rated this game a one because I'd like to thank the designers for making good games look even better. The lighting in the game was fair and that's the only positive. The story line has been done how many hundreds of times before and there is no originality or thought to any concept. Can designers actually be hit with plagiarism? Might wana look into Behold God's mistake. I rated this game a one because I'd like to thank the designers for making good games look even better. The lighting in the game was fair and that's the only positive. The story line has been done how many hundreds of times before and there is no originality or thought to any concept. Can designers actually be hit with plagiarism? Might wana look into that with this game. With a bland plot one would think this game would have graphics. Uhmm, no, I have regular Xbox games with better texture and shading. The models were horrible. The game play is anything but smooth. It is choppy at best and being hung up on small benches and bushes is very frustrating. I can't believe you guys rated this game higher than Too Human. Are there any real gamers out there or will we just play any first person shooter these guys will stick in front of us? Expand
  3. Dec 11, 2014
    Very forgettable on all accounts. Mechanics are sloppy. Story is a joke. Graphics and Design are below average. It's playable, but nothing memorable and you'll probably wish you spent your time on something else.
  4. Sep 10, 2013
    Overly linear and poorly designed, Legendary is a classic example of a good premise being terribly executed. A shame really, because the story behind this game has some real potential.
  5. Sep 22, 2016
    Legendary is a good example of when a good concept is done poorly.

The story of Legendary has some real potential.I won't spoil it in case you decide to play the game. The gameplay is generic,but has some cool innovations,like the Animus,which allows you to regain health as it does not regenerate,very old school.It also allows you to release a sonic wave that affects the
    Legendary is a good example of when a good concept is done poorly.

The gameplay is generic,but has some cool innovations,like the Animus,which allows you to regain health as it does not regenerate,very old school.It also allows you to release a sonic wave that affects the creatures.There are also a few fun enviromental puzzles.You can't just take cover either,as the creatures will find you and decimate you.Though they can kill you in 3-4 hits,which makes the game infuriatingly hard.

The graphics are poor,but I've seen much worse.The framerate is solid.But my biggest problem with the game is the atrocious loading times.After dying,It took 2 minutes for me to load back to the nearest checkpoint.

Sound design is good,particularly for the creatures.The soundtrack is poor however.

Overall,Legendary is an interesting premise done poorly,which is a shame.

1. While the formula feels a bit dated now, the result is a shooter that is still incredibly fun. [Dec 2008, p.90]
  2. Edge Magazine
    The dev team has an eye for spectacle – a towering golem comprised of cars and other metallic detritus is a visual highlight – but these moments mostly serve to illustrate how dull your actual actions are by contrast. [Dec 2008, p.98]
  3. The problem with this is that Spark is relentless at throwing a huge number of beasties your way, crowding you into a corner and ripping you to shreds. There's not enough breathing space for you to heal yourself and absorb energy to use it effectively as a defensive measure. To say this had us throwing the controller at the telly and cursing is an understatement.