7.8

1. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is an absolute triumph! It builds on Harry Potter Years 1 - 4 with more exciting adventures, this time taking you out of Hogwarts so that you can explore Hogsmeade, or get on the Hogwarts Express and go back to London. Its so much fun to play and the game has so many secrets that you can only get to once you have done the story. It definately has a huge lasting appeal on me. MyThis game is an absolute triumph! It builds on Harry Potter Years 1 - 4 with more exciting adventures, this time taking you out of Hogwarts so that you can explore Hogsmeade, or get on the Hogwarts Express and go back to London. Its so much fun to play and the game has so many secrets that you can only get to once you have done the story. It definately has a huge lasting appeal on me. My favourite bits are visiting the Weasley's joke shop, fighting giants and playing as Bellatrix because she's so cool! Even Grawp is in the game and he's pretty funny :) Expand
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    This is exactly as I imagined it to be. Years 1-4 was great fun, and 5-7 builds on this with new spells, characters, abilities, locations. The developers have done a great job of cramming everything from the Potter-verse into the game. It also looks great. The best Potter game EVER!
  3. Nov 16, 2011
    This new LEGO Harry Potter game is fantastic. After heavy disappointment from the official film tie-in's, Traveller's Tales has really nailed it!

I'm a big fan of the original Years 1-4 and 5-7 builds upon the charm and freedom of the first one to give a really comprehensive Potter experience. I especially love being able to roam around London and get on a train to Hogsmeade and walk around the castle, meet new characters and experience all the extra bonus content that the dev's have managed to get in there. I have been following this game eagerly since it was announced and I read that it was one "by Potter fans, for Potter fans" and there is some lovely subtle references of the books (but left of out the films).
    This game did not disappoint and it's exactly as I imaged it would be.

Anyone who claims to be a Potter fan needs this game in their lives.
  4. Dec 14, 2011
    The lego game franchise has been a huge succes ever since the first game came out. And I got to say, this game didn't let me down at all. It is funny, entertaining challenging and even a bit heartbreaking at moments. This game is a must buy for any fans of lego or harry potter. Overall, I give this film 9

1. Feb 15, 2012
    A series, and a game, that seems to have lost a remarkable amount of lustre and just doesn't feel as interesting to play through as some of it's peers. The story is drab and drawn out, plus the tasks that litter the game are overly simplistic even for a kids title. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 is still better than any number of kids titles and movie tie ins, but otherwise this is a major disappointment for fans of LEGO games and Potter alike, and just doesn't have that spark of magic that you would expect.
    Once again, the Lego version of Harry Potter is neither a revolution nor anything close to it, but an enjoyable adventure that's accessible for anyone, regardless of their gaming experience.
  3. Jan 10, 2012
    A bit more imagination would have been preferable, but you're more than getting your money's worth. [Issue#80, p.85]