7.6

1. Jul 10, 2014
    I feel like the Lego series has reached it's pinnacle state with the game known as Lego marvel super heroes. The characters are great, the gameplay is solid and fluid, although you may get a little confused with the new flying mechanics at the start.

The story is kind of a generic Doctor Doom hires almost every super villain he could find to find some cosmic bricks to destroy the world
    (That's not a spoiler that's in the trailer), so our heroes must stop him before he can reach his goal.

The mini games are entertaining for newcomers but if you have been a Lego .... games fan since Lego Star Wars days, you will soon realize that the puzzles just start to be repetitive same brick mashing, same brick building, they were always there, and we are bored of them TT!! Create some new puzzles!

The characters are a huge pro effect because this time they have more than one special abilities, they have thought some new powers for the characters. I hope they follow the same road with the new Lego Batman 3 game that's coming out.

And finally the humor................ Same as always, always funny................ That's it.

So in conclusion i believe that TT has finally discovered how to make the perfect Lego game, so why it does not get a 9 or a 10/10? As i said, the perfect Lego game, not the perfect game.
  2. Jun 25, 2014
    While it is a lot of fun for a few weeks, the DLC expansions essentially make this a zero-payoff game. No ending to speak of, very repetitive sandbox side quests, etc.

I get that the Marvel Universe is massive, likely too big to fit into any single game, but after weeks of busting my hump I'd expected at least an ending or some replay content.

Great first-time around, then totally
    devoid of value. Expand
  3. Jun 1, 2014
    Awful controls, awful camera angles, awful roster - scientist? damage control? Not all buttons are used for playing and some buttons have 2 functions while O does nothing - example deadpool. No funny jokes, asgard pack DLC sucks(8 characters and 5 of them are copy and paste characters with only one action button and other 3 are mehh, not gonna use them)
    This game is not worth its money.
  4. Apr 13, 2014
    LEGO's latest attempt to turn every franchise into LEGO and the formula is waring thin. The only new ideas are very small and lacklustre. Sure there is a huge selection of characters and a large open world but it's very bland and mainly exists to find new characters. Story is very cheesy and way too childish to be any good. Don't waste your money on this.
  5. Mar 12, 2014
    I've always liked LEGOs, and LEGO video games for that matter. But, mixing LEGOs with some of my all-time favorite childhood superheroes makes me feel like a kid again! All of Marvel superheroes vs. the super villains, in the form of LEGOs is one of the coolest ideas ever thought of! I used to play the LEGO Indiana Jones games back when they came out a while ago, but the storyline seems so short compared to this game. In this game, there's even an option to explore New York City! Now, anybody can be Spider-Man, or Ironman, or Doc Oc, or any Marvel character for that matter! Expand
  6. Mar 8, 2014
    Pros:
    Fun to play.
    Rewarding content.
    Lots to do.
    Heaps of characters.
    Vehicles are useful as well.
    Good, simple, true to marvel story.
    Nice charm to it.
    Keeps surprising.

Cons:
    Slightly Repititive.
  7. Feb 3, 2014
    Really really liked this game. It's really addictive and a lot of fun. It would definitely deserve a 9 BUT if freezes a LOT!!! Around the 40% completion mark in the open world it froze all the time. I had to fast travel to main missions to finish game which I didn't want to do as I enjoyed the open world more than the story missions! Really disappointing. This is the 2nd game in as many months (batman) that hasn't worked property and I haven't been able to play the way I wanted. Batman was worse tho!!!! Expand
  8. Feb 2, 2014
    Lego Marvel Superheroes is a children/tween game that centers around Many marvel characters such as Iron Man,Captain America,Wolverine,Spiderman and many many more i reccomend to everyone
  9. Jan 16, 2014
    I have been waiting for TT to do Marvel for a while but now that it's here I'm really disappointed. They did a great job of creating the characters, powers and city but everything else breaks down quick. Marvel is yet another Lego game where the hub is where all your time is spent.

TT has lost focus on what made Lego games so fun. The early games you could play with a kid and just
    have fun and still beat the game. The latest Lego games, including Marvel, are designed for twitch players. The focus is all about beating tight time constraints using controls that are lackluster at best. No child would be able to pull this off without a lot of practice. Yet the vast majority of the game you're going to spend racing the clock for this crappy side mission or that one. TT, focus on the story and less on the filler material you seem to be creating these days!!!

The vehicle controls for land are finally somewhat ok but the flying vehicles and characters are beyond abysmal. TT seems to think that they know how to control a character better than we do so they implemented one of the stupidest systems I've ever seen in a game - context sensitive controls that are anything but. For example you start out flying at a reasonable speed but if you keep flying straight you'll speed up to a point where turning in a tight circle can be difficult without slowing down. Problem is if you stop your forward momentum you stop in your tracks. If you try to turn slightly you'll be making a big circle. Vertical controls are iffy at best so forget about altitude control in close intervals. Yet almost every race has you doing exactly that. It is a complete and utter frustration for every flying race (and there are lots of them).

If TT wants to keep the Lego series alive they need to go back to formula, reduce or drop the over dependence on hub levels and stick with writing larger stories. They also need to get rid of the poor controls, boring side missions and loads and loads of races. Legos are supposed to be fun but newer games are nothing but short, good stories covered in a big Lego playground that is anything but.
  10. Dec 31, 2013
    The game felt the same way as the other games did and honestly, it's pretty boring. They need to change the series up and at least make the Lego games fun again. Sorry Lego.
  11. Dec 30, 2013
    This is one of my least favorite Lego games for two reasons. The flying mechanics are the worst of any Lego game ever and there is way to much character chatter that is not in the spirit of Lego games. The Batman 2 game did an excellent job of getting the humour of Lego games of the past but this one went too far. I usually 100% Lego games but this one got tedious near the end and I just had to walk away. This is the first time I have stopped having fun and it is mainly because of the flying and the mind control missions. Stan Lee was a great addition and I did have fun collecting the characters but overall this game was not quite up to Lego's usual excellent standards. I hope the next game is better as it sounds like it might be. Expand
  12. Dec 19, 2013
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes is extremely fun to play. Unlike other Lego games the characters actually talk and the sound effects are spot on. There is a huge amount of playable characters in the game and the puzzles are challenging yet not so hard to play that my children weren't able to figure them out.
  13. Dec 3, 2013
    I liked this game. The story was good but not great but hey its a Lego game the story is not going to be for kids and its not going to be confusing. This game as so many playable characters. To get all of them would take you a while. Still I thought this game was good and recommend it for everyone.
  14. Nov 24, 2013
    My family have pre-ordered every Lego Xbox game and have played to 100% (in-game and achievements) on every one. We love this series, but this game has ruined it for us. The game is broken. For example, on the Stark Tower freeplay you can get 11 Minikits. Since 11 is not equal to 10, we can't get the comics page nor the gold brick. The game freezes every gameplay session (we have a year old 360 Slim and the game installed on the hard drive). The flight mechanic is unwieldy, much worse than the reticule in Lego DC, and since there are a dozen flight-oriented races, after hours of trying and controllers thrown, we are giving up. On many of the remote driving (where you aren't inside the car), the thumbsticks stop working after one or two gates in a race, the car just goes straight. The characters are regularly offscreen in co-op play (the main reason my family gets these games, so we can play together) we have a 42" HDTV, so it's not a matter of screen real-estate, it is the lousy camera. If Player One clicks the save in a mission, Player Two has to actually maneuver the menu and vice-versa. When the game flashes a blue "X" to press, they mean "B" much of the time (though not all of the time). On a philosophical level, most of the city roaming (which is indeed fun), doesn't encourage co-op play, just two different people roaming around, and this is against the spirit that drew us to the game. As I mentioned above, we pre-ordered every game so every dime possible could go to the developers. If we pick up whatever the next iteration is, we will buy it used. This is a ROTTEN game and has soured us on the franchise. Expand
  15. Nov 21, 2013
    It's sad when the best implementation of a diverse world of superheroes is in a lego game but that is the case here. Great game for kids with an extensive 'New York' to explore.
  16. Nov 20, 2013
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is tremendously enjoyable. It’s overflowing with charm and humour, energised by the sheer amount of love shown for the Marvel universe and the class with which it has been put together.
  17. Nov 18, 2013
    The best Marvel game ever made just happens to be a LEGO title. No game makes you feel like you are controlling your favourite hero quite like this does, and does so in a humorous, charming LEGO form. It is buggy as anything though. Prepare to have to re-do many side missions because of faulty waypoints, random glitching and it's even prone to crashing. I hope it's patched soon because otherwise in my opinion this game is damn-near perfect Expand
  18. Nov 15, 2013
    All LEGO games I simply love. And my son as well. We played all the games with 2 pads, but never have time to go again through the whole game, as LEGO does not allow us: they release new ones so often
  19. Nov 10, 2013
    I can't say I enjoyed this game that much. The adding of voice over killed a lot of the charm of past Lego games to me. I understood that it would have been hard to tell the story without them because it was not linked directly to a movie, but for some reason it through me off. The core game play just felt a bit stale as I was playing through it also. It was not bad, but it really was not anything special either. I have to give it a 5 out of 5. Expand
  20. Nov 6, 2013
    A marvel fans dream. Personalities of each hero and villain are spot on and don't let the fact that their legos fool you. This game is legit for any fan of marvel and at times I forget that its based on legos lol.
  21. Oct 25, 2013
    hello!!! its my first review
    this game is verry nice and funny the chracters are useful and nice!
    i llloooove mr fantastic!
    but there is a few bugs!(stucking)
  22. Oct 24, 2013
    If you are any sort of marvel fan, you need this game. Just running around the city destroying things as all of your favorite marvel characters makes this game a great experience in itself.
  23. Oct 23, 2013
    I havent played a lego game before and I am in awe. It feels like i'm watching/playing a playstation 4 title The attention to detail, the insane amount of playable characters (all with their own unique abilities). The Hollywood level animation and visuals. And its actually challenging Theres a moment in this game where the linearity (awesome though it is) stops and your brain learns of the scope of this game.

Its just plain fun in cinematic form

Will be checking out Lego Batman 2. I hear its just as much a labor of love
  24. Oct 25, 2013
    hello!!! its my first review
    this game is verry nice and funny the chracters are useful and nice!
    i llloooove mr fantastic!
    but there is a few bugs!(stucking)

1. Dec 25, 2013
    A heroic addition to the series. [Jan 2014, p.82]
  2. Dec 17, 2013
    The game playfully prods at the ridiculousness that is superhero culture, but it does so in a respectful and knowing way. [Issue#142, p.106]
  3. Dec 16, 2013
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is easy to recommend to both casual and dedicated comics fans. It sticks pretty close to the time-tested formula for LEGO games, and I'm sure that most fans of the series wouldn't want it any other way.