8.4

1. Sep 14, 2010
    If it weren't for the art direction, this game would have gained little attention. The general vibe is interestingly depressed and monotone, but the implication of the title: that the game somehow explores the concept of being in 'Liumbo' falls apart quickly. It is barely explored in the game itself, and at the halfway mark, the initial interest of being in a real / organic place repleteIf it weren't for the art direction, this game would have gained little attention. The general vibe is interestingly depressed and monotone, but the implication of the title: that the game somehow explores the concept of being in 'Liumbo' falls apart quickly. It is barely explored in the game itself, and at the halfway mark, the initial interest of being in a real / organic place replete with beats and animals preying on those trapped between worlds falls apart and the game descends into a generic clockwork maze. Filled with turning gears designed to expand the gameplay possibilities, they do not serve the theme or even truly expand the mechanics and show a distinct lack of inspiration and imagination for a game that only last a few hours. Worse, the base mechanics are floaty and imprecise, meaning the character is difficult and annoying to control: problems that were solved in the 90s on the SNES. Expand
  2. Nov 5, 2011
    Pros: art style, and some of the puzzles. Cons: short, lack of story, not much sound, and too many puzzles requiring accuracy and precision with a character that doesn't handle too well. Also, no replay value, aside from cleaning up any missed achievements. I would not recommend this game, even on DotW.
  3. Jul 13, 2012
    Based on the reviews, I was sure I'd like this game, but I was wrong. The only way to figure out the puzzles is to die over and over and over. For me, at least, this makes it completely impossible to get immersed. I want to be scared for the kid, but I can't do it. I want to be curious about the place, but I can't do it. Without those elements, the non-obviousness of the game has theBased on the reviews, I was sure I'd like this game, but I was wrong. The only way to figure out the puzzles is to die over and over and over. For me, at least, this makes it completely impossible to get immersed. I want to be scared for the kid, but I can't do it. I want to be curious about the place, but I can't do it. Without those elements, the non-obviousness of the game has the frustrating part of "challenging" without any real reward. All these reviewers feel good about figuring out a puzzle by trying every possible thing in the world, and dying 20 times? Not me. Three times I quit, got talked into doing it more and then quit again. Expand
  4. Aug 4, 2011
    I appreciate the art direction, but only at first. There's simply not enough content in this game. The slow pacing drags the already seemingly uninspired direction into a lethargic territory. I would not recommend it (it's short, too).
  5. Jan 7, 2017
    I don't understand the high rating of this game. It's boring, repetitive, the puzzles are ok at best and it's way to short to be enjoyable. For me it's way overated.
  6. Mar 28, 2017
    Un jeu Télérama, c'est "frais", c'est "indé", ça fait trop "rebelle" : regarde, moi j'aime pas les Triple A, moi j'aime le jeu frais, indé, anti-corporatiste roulé sous les aisselles par un plouc dans son garage. Le jeu José Bové, bio, le jeu d'auteur, c'est "de l'art" tu comprends. En l'occurrence, de la 2D comme on en faisait en 1990 ou 1985 (?) en 2 couleurs : noir et blanc. Et grisUn jeu Télérama, c'est "frais", c'est "indé", ça fait trop "rebelle" : regarde, moi j'aime pas les Triple A, moi j'aime le jeu frais, indé, anti-corporatiste roulé sous les aisselles par un plouc dans son garage. Le jeu José Bové, bio, le jeu d'auteur, c'est "de l'art" tu comprends. En l'occurrence, de la 2D comme on en faisait en 1990 ou 1985 (?) en 2 couleurs : noir et blanc. Et gris aussi, ça fait 3. Pong dans les cordes ! (1972).

Donc je saute, j'active des trucs et je passe à la suite : j'active un machin, je saute. Et je coure aussi hihihi. Regarde mon petit bonhomme avec ses yeux qui brillent, il est trop mignon. Je sais même pas pourquoi je joue à une merde pareille ?... ah oui c'est "hype" et branchouillemékouilles. C'est "in", c'est "tendance". Et je joue à ce truc sur une console à 300 ou 400 balles et je peux même y jouer sur mon PC de la mort à 2000 balles. Trop bien, trop frais.

1. Jan 18, 2011
    There is a wonderful minimalism about the whole experience, from start to finish, which includes the relatively abrupt ending after 3-4 hours of play.
  2. Jan 18, 2011
    As one of the most unique puzzlers that I've played over the years, Limbo's chilling atmosphere is an example of an incredible gaming achievement.
  3. But that doesn't stop LIMBO being an entirely worthwhile experience, drenched in misery, pathos and loneliness. It's also really bloody scary.