5.6

1. Oct 8, 2014
    The best in the series. Thoroughly enjoyed LP1, LP2 was the worst of them all, but this latest game is a winner. The story line was engaging and the game play, while not earth shattering, was more than adequate. I like games with good story lines. I usually judge a game by how much i think about the game when i am not playing. I thought about this game quite a bit and could not wait to start playing it again to find out what happens next. I bought this game from the bargain rack at Game Stop, but would have paid full price for it. I do not play multi-player, so i cannot offer any details regarding that. Expand
  2. Oct 20, 2013
    What's with the bad reviews? I waited to buy this until I was able to purchase it for $20 because the reviews were so lousy, yet this is the best game in the Lost Planet series. Lost Planet 1 was mediocre, Lost Planet 2 was flat out bad, but Lost Planet 3 is like a love letter to Aliens inspired by elements of Dead Space 1 with hub environments, side quests, interactivity within the hub environments, great atmosphere, excellent graphics, great gameplay, etc. Again, what were the reviews going on about? It's a travesty that this has such a low Metacritic score. This has far more depth, far better voice acting, far better characters, far better gameplay, etc. than prior Lost Planet titles. Expand
  3. Sep 15, 2013
    Lost Planet 3 is definitely a hugely different game from its predecessors. As a veteran of the franchise, I actually prefer this one over the first and second. The game is more story-oriented with a sort of open-world style of gameplay. There are upgrades to purchase and sidequests to do, which really give the game a more complete feel to it. The actual shooting mechanics have changed drastically, now being over the shoulder, not unlike resident evil. The world is fun to explore with beautiful environment and many enemies or upgrades to find. The best part though, is the story and characters. The lead character, Jim, is well written and acted, making him and the story quite believable. The multiplayer isn't as good as Lost planet 2, but it still remains fun with a decent progression system and some interesting game modes.

Overall, I found Lost Planet 3 to be an engrossing and very fun game. If you like third-person shooters, great story, or just an interesting and atmospheric adventure, I highly recommend Lost Planet 3.

Another thing though, if you are a fan and were expecting something like the first 2, you will be disappointed.
  4. Sep 8, 2013
    So I've been playing thos for a while and I'm happy to say its a big improvement to the franchise. The first was a typical japanese style shooter with genero missions and enemies and cinatic cutscenes. The 2nd was a dismal pathetic multiplayer cash in that never let you become immersed in the world at all and now the third. Thwre is nothing wrong with this game at all, the atmosphere is impressive the environments feel well designed, characters, audiologs, textlogs offer great insight into the lore of edn 3. There's a heavey influence of the original deadspace with nods to ridley scotts alien and moody tense atmos of the thing. Its a proper singleplayer romp with a dedicated fan service and different battle mechanics. Shooting is fun plus you can upgrade weapons and ammo types. Fighting huge akrid in your rig is fun too timing blocks grabbing limbs lifting them up to expose weak spots and the plowing your drill arm into them. Basically the only thing that lets the fane down and its only a minor is the loading times can ve irritating but dont worry its no where near the level of say duke nukem forever. All in all its the best in the series ditching the other two and starting fresh with a bigger focus on an atmospgeric singleplayer experience. To say its poor is unfair and is not valid when the game does offer what you want in a singleplayer game. I dont care about multiplayer and my advice is to try this for yourselves because its down to your opinion not a handful of reviewers. Its good and as a massive scifi fan that likes singleplayer experiences then this was great for me. Gone is the crud souless multiplayer garbage and we are left with a game dripping with great atmosphere that will keep you trudging through the snow. Expand
  5. Sep 8, 2013
    Good game, really. Very interesting story, good graphics, even on consoles, all smartly rendered (from native species sometimes take your breath away, I'm serious), the attention to detail. In general, I thought that will treshak, because at one time I was 2 "masterpiece" by Spark Unlimited (Turning Point and Legendary) is very disappointing, because both games I was waiting, and do not understand what happened. Game I have not passed it long, I think, but it does not get boring. The only thing that disappointed subsidence fps. For example, if you kill the locusts, who was standing too close to you, then the frame rate drops significantly, though not more than a second. It's the little things in such a good graphics on consoles subsidence can be forgiven.
    Very disappointing assessment of gaming publications, the game is obviously not 5 out of 10, believe me. By Spark Unlimited I was not expecting anything good, but it turned out quite the contrary.
  6. Sep 6, 2013
    Pros:Story/Ending is fantastic its tell a whole life of a man...and E.d.n.3 planet,music pretty good,
    robot view,places,characters,non linear gameplay.
    Cons:can't play old jim...Graphics, sometimes even lost planet 1 is nicer...Unreal3 engine is too old.
    gameplay sometimes get boring.
  7. Aug 29, 2013
    The story is engaging and got me invested early especially the interactions between Jim and Grace. That was unique. I appreciated the gameplay and the option to go hand-to-hand or in the mech. I have played several other games from Spark in the past few years and this was by far the most thoughtful and most fun to play. Of the LP games, I started with 2 and felt the story in 3 was more interesting and fleshed out. It's good, summer fun and I'd recommend it. Expand
  8. Aug 29, 2013
    Please ignore the professional reviewers. They are PC gaming snobs who get paid for creating controversy. Claiming that this game is dull or repetitive while praising games such as Dead Space 3 and Saint's Row 4, which are even more repetitive, is hypocritical. Lost Planet 3 is much deeper than the two previous Lost Planet games, and is an improvement because of it. The characters have more depth and the gameplay experience is more immersive, for example in the way you can interact with the npc-s and upgrade your weapons. The graphics and environmental designs are better looking than in the previous games, and create an even greater sense of being stuck on an icy snow planet. It is more claustrophobic than the previous games, as it takes place in an earlier time line when the planet was just getting colonized. The combat is more immersive as you now have a first-person view in your mech, something the previous games did not have. The user interface adds to the immersion by being as minimalistic as possible. The voice acting and music is great. The storyline is probably more interesting if you liked the previous two games, as a stand-alone game the storyline is OK, a bit like a cross between the film 'The Thing' and 'Aliens'. The best new element in the series is the personalization given to the main character, he is a character with a personality. So there are three new elements in this game that you haven't seen in previous Lost Planet games, a well-developed character personality, weapons customization, and first-person view Mech combat. In addition the gameplay is more open than previously, it is not as linear as the other two games. In summary, this is a great sci-fi action game. Expand
  9. Aug 28, 2013
    Different mechanics entirely than Lost Planet 2. If you go in expecting LP2 again you will be bummed. While there are some slow stretches. I felt like it was a refreshing take on the main character, and the supporting cast. It was like playing through a cool back story to the Lost Planet Universe. Multiplayer is fun too.
  10. Aug 28, 2013
    I don't understand all of these negative reviews. Did they play the same game as me? I tried this game out first on my pc via torrents. Just to make sure its worth purchasing on my xbox 360. I played for about an hour, the game is loads of fun. I played the first 2 games. If you enjoyed them. You will enjoy this. Some parts can get repetative. But overall a great experience.
  11. Aug 27, 2013
    Don't pay attention to the negative reviews. Those are based on expectations. This is a more story driven mature game than the first 2. If it was released with a new franchise name without the expectations, it would have been voted much higher for the excellent character and story development, with a little less frenetic action.
  12. Aug 27, 2013
    The characters and story make a great gaming experience. I loved the facial technology. The gameplay is really fun at times and all together it makes a cool game in such an interesting setting!
  13. Sep 15, 2013

1. Nov 1, 2013
    Lost Planet 3 has positive elements that a player can truly enjoy. The surprisingly deep storyline and character depth can make up for some of the flaws in the gameplay systems, but dull and repetitive battles make this title nothing more than average.
  2. Oct 14, 2013
    Spark Unlimited had the ambition to revive the Lost Planet franchise, but the execution is sorely lacking in multiple areas. [Issue#103, p.82]
  3. Oct 10, 2013
    There's already been a price drop of about $20 for Lost Planet 3, which makes it a pretty good deal. The timing for such a thing isn't great. There are a couple new consoles launching soon and the tidal wave of 4th Quarter games has only just started, I think Lost Planet 3's window of opportunity has closed for this somewhat enjoyable mid-tier game.