7.2

1. Mar 23, 2014
    Lost Planet is an amazing game. First of all the game is a glorious 3rd person action, which obviously you can appreciate only if you are a normal person, and obviously can't stand 1st peson games crap. Straight second goes that the design is beautiful, it is inspired by real Japanese manga / anime style, which is beautifully crafted by a very talented Japanese artist. The game looksLost Planet is an amazing game. First of all the game is a glorious 3rd person action, which obviously you can appreciate only if you are a normal person, and obviously can't stand 1st peson games crap. Straight second goes that the design is beautiful, it is inspired by real Japanese manga / anime style, which is beautifully crafted by a very talented Japanese artist. The game looks amazing, with beautifully designed characters and rationally designed mechas, and to not forget the biologically believable designed enemy - the arachnids. And third but not least, it has the best multiplayer possible, with beautiful visionary maps, and the multiplaer mode called Post Grab, which is the most entertaing that exists still today in gaming. If you put these three elements, you have the best entertaining multiplayer gaming experience possible.

There is also the solo game obviously, which is well crafted and is fun to play. But because of the exceptional multiplayer you will understand why not many are interested in talking about the solo, because everyone who owned and had access to internet, were busy in playing the multiplayer 24/7. You can obviously try to play the solo game even today, but you really need the multiplayer experience to understand why this game is pure genius. Unfortunately not everyone had internet access back in the days, where the game was released. This is the reason why they cannot understand why a lot of people are so excited about the game. People who never tried the multiplayed will never understand why this is the best game possible.

Unfortunately the sequel was worse than the original, and the next sequel was even worse than the second one. Everybody who enjoyed the first original one Lost Planet are always hoping that someday they will remake a new game on the same level of the original, with the same excellent multiplayer.
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    Extremely varied gameplay, a worthy assortment of different enemies, and a harrowing set of visuals make "Lost Planet: Extreme Condition" a superb sci-fi action adventure game.
  3. Jun 24, 2014
    The single player campaign for this game is just a basic monster third-person shooter, but where the real fun comes into play is the online. I wouldn't even of wasted my time completing the campaign, but since I love the online so much I was compelled to know what the whole story behind the game was. I found the story pretty interesting, almost completely different from the online and theThe single player campaign for this game is just a basic monster third-person shooter, but where the real fun comes into play is the online. I wouldn't even of wasted my time completing the campaign, but since I love the online so much I was compelled to know what the whole story behind the game was. I found the story pretty interesting, almost completely different from the online and the last level was just awesome.

The mechs, weapons, maps, unique types of levels and being able to pull yourself up to any height basically with the rope-gun are awesome. I spent countless hours with my friends thinking of new ways to take on the maps, whether or not to use mechs, and always trying to get that new suit.

I like how it also showed how highly placed you were in the world and your country, that was pretty new to me in 2007. Maybe it is just nostalgia, but I remember certain maps and even times I played this game and that was about four years ago. The only problem I had with this game was that I always got put in Japanese servers so it got kinda of annoying when I couldn't understand my team mates.

1. It's straight out of 1989, and that makes it either archaic or retro-cool comfortable. With Capcom's steady attention to polish and presentation, Lost Planet falls into the latter category more often than not. And even if it's familiar, it's definitely not repetitive. [Jan 2007, p.48]
  2. Really, this is a game of strong, simple virtues: knockout action, beautiful character design, lovingly articulated models, crisp sound and overall polish. Every now and then it'll overstretch, at which point it falls. [Jan 2007, p.76]
  3. It does what it says on the tin, and delivers heart-pounding explosions, pant-wetting big alien monsters and hordes of minions to slay. If you can overlook the fact that it doesn't challenge your Xbox 360 either intellectually or technically, and you can just get down and dirty with some big guns and even bigger odds, then you and Lost Planet are going to get along just fine. [Issue 20, p.50]