6.4

1. Apr 24, 2011
    As an avid Lost fan, I got this game as a rental to see if it was any good or revealed anything about the TV series. I was more than disappointed. This is a game that is an embarrassment to me as a fan of the Lost TV series. It's clunky, poorly designed and although it looks quite good, the island is so 1-dimensional that you can rarely go off a set path. The characters were not voiced byAs an avid Lost fan, I got this game as a rental to see if it was any good or revealed anything about the TV series. I was more than disappointed. This is a game that is an embarrassment to me as a fan of the Lost TV series. It's clunky, poorly designed and although it looks quite good, the island is so 1-dimensional that you can rarely go off a set path. The characters were not voiced by their TV counterparts and you play as a nobody. You go around taking photos of the island and in the end it's just totally boring. This is one of the few games I cannot recommend anyone play, Lost fan or not. 1/5, just plain bad. Expand
  2. raulrodriguez
    Mar 7, 2008
    A must buy for all LOST fans, no joke. Go get this NOW. No questions asked. Locke style. :D By the way, the graphics and music (I can't decide which are better) totally give justice to the whole experience. If you're big on aesthetics, they did themselves in on this one.
  3. CoryM.
    Nov 5, 2008
    Without a tie-in to a popular show, this would be an incredibly slow and boring game. Writing far exceeds the actual implementation of the game though, making the story a real part of the Lost universe. Slow pace of the game makes it accessible to casual or young gamers, in particular female fans of the show.
  4. GarryB.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Had fifteen cups of tea and playing it made me feel sick. Very poorly had to sit down and rest as joypad heavy. Dave said i should have a couple of days off work just to recover from the shock.
  5. AlvinL.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Play a new character! Introducing a brand new character to the series, and that character is YOU! Play as a person who went down on that flight and somehow got missed by the tv series? Well, I guess you have to take it on faith that the character was there all along, but they seamlessly blend the character into the mythos so well that it
  6. NickR
    Feb 28, 2008
    WAY too short. I am a fanatical fan of the show, but the game just didn't do it for me. Not enough interaction with the characters and features an extremely and utterly pointless trading system. I only traded like, twice and that was all I needed.
  7. MerrillL.
    Mar 1, 2008
    I'm a huge fan of Lost (watched every episode to date) and was really hoping that Ubisoft would create AAA hit. Well, they failed miserably. The visuals are good enough where it's not too painful to watch but definitely not next-gen. The dialogue is short and bland, the character's seem rather lifeless, and the missions are extremely linear. Theres no freedome to explore or I'm a huge fan of Lost (watched every episode to date) and was really hoping that Ubisoft would create AAA hit. Well, they failed miserably. The visuals are good enough where it's not too painful to watch but definitely not next-gen. The dialogue is short and bland, the character's seem rather lifeless, and the missions are extremely linear. Theres no freedome to explore or roam the island as you can only travel on pre-determined paths and only one objective is available at a time. I'm glad I only rented this because I couldn't justify spending any time on this crappy title. Lost:Via Domus = FAIL. Expand
  8. BrandonWilkes
    Mar 7, 2008
    5 i expected the graphics to be better, but the voice acting makes up for it. locke sounds like locke. jack sounds like jack. that's all i really needed. as long as my favorite two characters sounded like who they're supposed to sound like. on top of that, by the way, the gameplay is spectacular. at least rent it. but if you're a lost fan you should probably have it in your5 i expected the graphics to be better, but the voice acting makes up for it. locke sounds like locke. jack sounds like jack. that's all i really needed. as long as my favorite two characters sounded like who they're supposed to sound like. on top of that, by the way, the gameplay is spectacular. at least rent it. but if you're a lost fan you should probably have it in your collection, right next to the season dvds. Expand
  9. PeterH.
    Feb 28, 2008
    This is much better than I thought it would be. The story is great and it is actually a lot of fun just going around talking to people and exploring the different areas. I only wish it was longer. If I wasn't a Lost fan, I don't think I would like it nearly as much, but I am. I would give it a 8.5 if I could.
  10. MW
    Mar 25, 2008
    Decent Game if your a fan of the show....plays similar to CSI and other related games. Graphics are decent, especially the characters, but do not make the slow and sometimes painful gameplay disappear. This could have really been an A1 title being such a popular show.....it's worth the play and a p[urchase at a price point lower than 60 bucks.
  11. May 11, 2012
    This is a game that MIGHT be worth a rent if your a hardcore fan and very forgiving. However if you happen to have standards it will leave you either irritated or bored with only a easy 1,000gs completion to make the pain go away. Apart from offering no challenge, it never offers up any inside scoop to island secrets or character revelations. The new protagonist is dull, the voice actingThis is a game that MIGHT be worth a rent if your a hardcore fan and very forgiving. However if you happen to have standards it will leave you either irritated or bored with only a easy 1,000gs completion to make the pain go away. Apart from offering no challenge, it never offers up any inside scoop to island secrets or character revelations. The new protagonist is dull, the voice acting is bad and the game mechanics border on clunky to laughable. Worth a rent if your desperate for more lost, but do so with the knowlege it's mediocre. Expand
  12. Dec 20, 2011
    Let's go straight to the bottom, Lost is basically is a lost of time you get when playing . Repetitive concept of taking of photo and doing nonsense, and, I understand that the series is interesting and have neat stuff. But when we talk about this game, you have three options : Kill yourself of boredom , break the CD or spit this review because the guy who reviewed this game, doesn't likeLet's go straight to the bottom, Lost is basically is a lost of time you get when playing . Repetitive concept of taking of photo and doing nonsense, and, I understand that the series is interesting and have neat stuff. But when we talk about this game, you have three options : Kill yourself of boredom , break the CD or spit this review because the guy who reviewed this game, doesn't like it as much as you. Expand
  13. May 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With no shadow of doubt, this is the single worst game I've ever played - and I'm counting the legendary Atari 2600 ET in that list. Primarily due to the complete lack of any effort made with regard to the source material. Lost is one of the best produced, most expensive TV shows there's ever been. This seems to have been phoned in by a couple of unenthusiastic interns who couldn't be bothered working on it until a few days prior to deadline and realised they had to actually produce an engaging storyline, plot and characters, none of which they succeeded in.
    It has all the interactivity of an on-rails shooter. The ridiculousness of some 'plot points' goes beyond the banal (you can't get access to a new area because someone is standing in your way and won't let you, while there's a whole beach front of access), prior to finishing the game you find a large batch of items which normally you could trade or use, except there's nobody left to trade with and no need to use them. That's the level of design and thought that's in the game. None.
    Sure as a Lost fan it's nice to see a few behind the scenes areas and rummaging around the places we've become familiar with in the series can be fun, but that's not the basis for any form of interactive entertainment.

In all, a tedious, linear, one note and pointless experience that was a thorough disapointment.
  14. Jul 29, 2013
    the story was par for the course but it was not fun to play very limited linear story challenging puzzles.
    It compliment the shows story mainly but still bites on the replay ability Beat once never played again and I'll lock it in a vault an forget after sometime passes or i watch the show.

1. Get it, but only if you're really into the show and don't mind some casual adventuring.
  2. Lost: Via Domus is above the average movie/show turn video game, it has its faults but does have some very nice touches.
    At least it only takes five hours to reach the conclusion.