Madden NFL 06 Xbox 360

4.8

1. RobS.
    Jan 1, 2006
    I have every Madden game back to Sega. This is the first step backwards. Why am I paying more for higher graphics....big deal. I want more features and instead lost features. I hope they fix this in August. Anyone who woul give this game a 9 or a 10 needs to play Madden 05 and compare.
  2. RockyL.
    Apr 8, 2006
    This game has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It pains me to give a 0 to a Madden game when the past dozen or so have all been solid 10's but somehow, EA managed to turn out possibly the worst sports game I've ever played. All the features from the XBox version are gone, the camera angles make the game useless, and the gameplay is so unrealistic and buggy that I can't This game has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. It pains me to give a 0 to a Madden game when the past dozen or so have all been solid 10's but somehow, EA managed to turn out possibly the worst sports game I've ever played. All the features from the XBox version are gone, the camera angles make the game useless, and the gameplay is so unrealistic and buggy that I can't play it for more than 5 minutes without turning it off, usually out of depression from thinking what a great game it could have been. If '07 is anything like this, then I may never buy another Madden game again. Expand
  3. BO
    Nov 22, 2005
    Pretty? Pretty dissapointing if you ask me. Less game for more money with a shiny, newish look. EA released this one to snag your dough before another release later this year. That better be twice the game (at least as deep as current generation!).
  4. CraigL.
    Nov 26, 2005
    Is it me, or does the game feel unfinished? Where are all of the features? Where is the gameplay? This might be the worst Madden game of all time.
  5. JeffC.
    Jan 8, 2006
    If you've played '06 on xbox or ps2, you don't want to "upgrade" to this one. Sure, the graphics are great. I gave it a point for that. The rest is bad. No challenges. No QB Vision , You have to scroll all the way through your players on defense instead of going back in forth like on the xbox version. The new kicking system is way too easy. No Practice mode. EA was VERY If you've played '06 on xbox or ps2, you don't want to "upgrade" to this one. Sure, the graphics are great. I gave it a point for that. The rest is bad. No challenges. No QB Vision , You have to scroll all the way through your players on defense instead of going back in forth like on the xbox version. The new kicking system is way too easy. No Practice mode. EA was VERY OBVIOUSLY in a huge rush to get this game out on time for the 360's launch, and it shows. Passing is super-easy, even on all-pro. Any loser with no skill can just throw bombs all game. Wait for '07 Expand
  6. MarkR.
    Mar 21, 2006
    Worst...Madden...Ever. It's a joke how bad the gameplay is. The audible modes and shifts at the line of scrimmage that made Madden so cool and realistic in recent years are gone. The practice modes are gone. The camera angles are nearly unusable. I launch Madden on the original Xbox was more realistic than this one and the 4 play playbook 7 on 7 Madden on NES was more enjoyable.
  7. NinaM.
    May 13, 2006
    Absolute garbage. Eye candy YES! Gameplay NO! I hope they don't give a half of a game effort on Madden 07!
  8. Kenny
    May 9, 2006
    I wish i had read these user reviews before i bought this game. This is a disgrace to the Madden franchise. instead of selling my copy on eBay, i should have paid someone to take it from me. The only thing this game focuses on is the visuals, other than that...its crap.
  9. Mike
    Nov 19, 2005
    Hardly an achievement as far as gameplay, this game once again feels like a 'roster update' with an updated graphics skin. It seems like fans dont seem to mind though, it will surely sell tons of copies because of its name....but one wonders at how long it will take before EA is forced to 'innovate' in order to keep its fanbase and I dont mean adding a mundane RPGHardly an achievement as far as gameplay, this game once again feels like a 'roster update' with an updated graphics skin. It seems like fans dont seem to mind though, it will surely sell tons of copies because of its name....but one wonders at how long it will take before EA is forced to 'innovate' in order to keep its fanbase and I dont mean adding a mundane RPG Superstar mode. Expand
  10. MarkDuncan
    Dec 24, 2005
    EA should refund the $60 on this game. It is incomplete. You cannot change your controls. You cannot create a player, The game play is a travesty. It is the typical gimmick-play, trash game that EA has been providing for years. This is the result of awarding them a 5 year contract with the NFL and the NFLPA. No incentive to develop a true football game, just another excuse to slap the NFLEA should refund the $60 on this game. It is incomplete. You cannot change your controls. You cannot create a player, The game play is a travesty. It is the typical gimmick-play, trash game that EA has been providing for years. This is the result of awarding them a 5 year contract with the NFL and the NFLPA. No incentive to develop a true football game, just another excuse to slap the NFL logo on another incomplete product and charge you $60. I'll keep my ESPN game..... Expand
  11. JesseM.
    Jan 12, 2006
    this game was horrendous. Camera angles were just awful. Graphics were superb though. Gameplay was brutal. This game was just horrible. Much better for the original Xbox.
  12. D.C.
    Nov 17, 2005
    I am highly upset at this so called product that EA Sports and XBOX 360 put out called Madden 06. This has to be one of the worst football games I have ever played, and the sad thing is this is the only NFL game we are going to see this year. I'd rather play Madden 06 on the first XBOX. The game play is horrible. Get this you can't even challenge a play, WHAT THE FUCK ISI am highly upset at this so called product that EA Sports and XBOX 360 put out called Madden 06. This has to be one of the worst football games I have ever played, and the sad thing is this is the only NFL game we are going to see this year. I'd rather play Madden 06 on the first XBOX. The game play is horrible. Get this you can't even challenge a play, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? Pardon my language, but I'm pissed. One because this Madden sucks, almost as bad as Madden 96 the first one for the first Play Station. But the good thing about that was we had Game Day to turn to, this year we're screwed thanks EA. You selfish bunch of pigs, someone needs to cancel your NFL contract. Don't waste your time with Madden on XBOX 360 this year, I'm just going to hope and pray they get their Sugar Honey Ice Tea together and wait this one out. Trust me I know a good game and this is not it, if anyone feels differently you're probably the people who LOVES Blitz " the League". The 2 rating is for the cool cut screens. Expand
  13. PatB.
    Nov 24, 2005
    I am the biggest Madden fan!!! Unfortunately, this game is terrible on the 360. Hopefully next years will be better. The replays are terrific, but the ingame graphics are horrid. It kind of reminds me of watching someone play the old Blitz games. The players are blocky and oversized. They also changed up all of the controls :(
  14. Jan 18, 2017
    The Madden Franchise is arguably the most critiqued sports video game franchise in the industry of sports video gaming considering it's long reputation as the benchmark in comparison to nearly all it's competitors, but sadly, this game is clearly the most obvious fail that has ever hit the market from EA sports or even all of football for console gaming. The true, honest reviews for thisThe Madden Franchise is arguably the most critiqued sports video game franchise in the industry of sports video gaming considering it's long reputation as the benchmark in comparison to nearly all it's competitors, but sadly, this game is clearly the most obvious fail that has ever hit the market from EA sports or even all of football for console gaming. The true, honest reviews for this game were just as ugly as the graphics were impressive. Quite frankly, EA sports clearly put so much focus into the visual appeal and sound to the game that it lacked even the most basic fundamentals of virtual football that Madden fans have trusted over the many years and been so accustomed to.

The game-play of this game is clearly what was most rushed and served as the biggest upset of the game or maybe even the franchise as a whole even without comparison to it's much more positive predecessors . Experienced madden gamers shouldn't have any trouble picking up with this years game with the exception of the all new vision cone that allows players to utilize precision passing within their quarterback's unique field of vision. Most, if not all the controls are just the same as last generation's madden games with the exception of a few minor tweaks to not only the aforementioned passing refinement, but also a change in the speed burst as well. On the offensive side of things, the game isn't quite as bad as it's defensive counterpart, considering that it's solely a matter of responsiveness of the controls that enable your player to evade defenders and gain extra yards to make the big play or simply run past the markers for the first down. This serves as quite the setback for any loyal madden fan who has praised the game for what is most important to any video game really, how the game FEELS. Unfortunately, the passing game wasn't so in tact with the flow of things either. Other gamers have pointed out that even the most untrained, inexperienced gamers who hardly know didly squat about reading defenses can throw bombs all game long to even the most mediocre receivers and make big plays to score touchdowns or at least march down the field in less than a hand full of plays.

What's even worse about the game is rather the DEFENSIVE side of the ball. The gameplay of this version of Madden 06 is so incomplete, gamers could hardly ever make user tackles! (That's awful.) Defenders would laughably flail around with their arms stretched only to wind up flat on their chest and watch the running back or receiver march ALL THE WAY down the field and score the easy touchdown. This in turn is a shameful attempt at emulating the flow of play-by-play football, and this setback is that much more disappointing given Madden's high reputation. These two setbacks serve as the most unrealistic game-play experience of the sport of football yet, and, sadly enough, this game was one of a few launch titles for the new Microsoft Xbox 360 console trying to set a good impression for this brand new generation of madden gaming.

The most positive changes made to the Xbox 360's version of Madden 06 were geared to the visual aspect of the game, making the player models and the menus of the game seem somewhat more lifelike and easily accessible, respectively. Players now look more real and as close to their real life counterpart than ever before in some regards, and, given that EA sports has finally put some of the real quarterback cadences into the game at the line of scrimmage as well as real life chatter of other players in between plays, it finally sounds like you're actually there on the field with the players. This gives the game a much more different appeal, something the rivaling brand of 2k sports had brought to the table back in 2003 by introducing first person football. Madden may not have this feature exactly, but hearing real life voices of some NFL players in the game is a nice touch to the auditory side of things, but given how horrendously disappointing the game-play feels to even the less familiar gamers out there, this kind of enjoyment doesn't really last all that long.

Players now have new menus to scroll while selecting plays. Plays are now organized not only by formation, but also play type. Shotgun pass, inside hand-off and fullback run are some examples as to how specific this is for the gamer which is helpful when playing against the computer at least. These minor improvements still don't make up for how incredibly lame the gameplay feels though, and that is arguably the most important part of any sports game period.

In summary, Madden 06 for Xbox 360 was a small step forward regarding graphics, sound and the play-calling system but tremendously fails with the game-play aspect. EA sports' slogan is, “it's in the game”, but the game itself is not nearly proper enough to truly deserve your $60. EA sports definitely rushed this one and hoped it's loyal fans would trust everything was in tact when, truth be told, it wasn't.
  15. Aug 24, 2016
    piss.......................................................................................................................................enough said.
  16. Jul 9, 2015
    This game may have exposed a little bribery on the side of metacritic. Look at the disparity between how the pro critics rated this offensively lazy and deplorable game, vs how the real users rated it. There is no possible way a person could honestly rate this game 'positive'. The only explanation is that those critics may have been influenced by EA or some **** bc they knew the **** stormThis game may have exposed a little bribery on the side of metacritic. Look at the disparity between how the pro critics rated this offensively lazy and deplorable game, vs how the real users rated it. There is no possible way a person could honestly rate this game 'positive'. The only explanation is that those critics may have been influenced by EA or some **** bc they knew the **** storm that they were going to get when putting out this trash, so it would make sense for them the flood critics w money to go uprate the game before people could find out the truth behind it and not buy it. The fact that one of the worst games ever made in the modern era, got only TWO negative review's out of FORTY EIGHT by these full of **** sell out critics make me not care at all about what a game's metascore is anymore Expand
  17. Sep 10, 2015
    When Madden 06 came out on the next gen consoles, it had to be the most disappointing game in the franchise's history. Madden 06 had good gameplay at the time, but the game's lack of features really killed it for a lot of fans.

For the casual Madden players, the football fans playing Madden in barbershops across the country, the guys that just want to play the game and talk trash to one another, Madden NFL 06 for the Xbox 360 is a must-have game.
  2. There are some things missing from the game. No pre-season camps, a very basic Franchise mode, and the fact that you can't do small and meaningful things like challenge a play on the field! That I still don't get.
    There are tweaks and features to look forward to in future versions, but one simple fact tells you all you need to know about this one: once you play Madden on 360, you won't be interested in playing it on anything else.