5.7

1. Sep 16, 2010
    The cover is pretty cool, but the game itself is not that much. The option of turning the game speed faster was a really upside in my opinion, and the madden moments are still pretty cool, but it still doesn't have that awesome gameplay that madden 06 and 07 had back in the days.
  2. Jun 11, 2012
    TOO SIMILAR TO MADDEN 10. This is review for first time madden owners. this game is great for guys without madden 10. Great graphics, good gameplay, poor commentary though. If you have madden 10, dont buy.
  3. Jun 2, 2013
    Quite honestly I'm not a sports fan, but I do watch the NFL, this game just feels like a cash grab to me. The A.I. is either running for the ball or just standing around doing nothing. The commentary is good, but it gets annoying when they say the same thing over and over even when you're playing as a different team. Even when the game plays good, I'm already bored to death. EA is justQuite honestly I'm not a sports fan, but I do watch the NFL, this game just feels like a cash grab to me. The A.I. is either running for the ball or just standing around doing nothing. The commentary is good, but it gets annoying when they say the same thing over and over even when you're playing as a different team. Even when the game plays good, I'm already bored to death. EA is just money hungry with this franchise and should just stop making these games. They obviously don't want to except the fact that the customers make the company. Expand
  4. meh
    Aug 11, 2010
    Money, money, money. The Madden franchise is the cash cow for EA. Every year, they release the same game with an updated roster and a graphic tweak. This year is no different; the player models look more realistic and there is less clutter on the UI making calling plays easier.
  5. Aug 19, 2010
    Another year. Another Madden. Madden 11 is like the Rams. It shows promise, but then collapses on itself in certain areas, bringing the overall expeience down. Does Gus bring to the gridiron what Tom couldnâ
  6. Aug 18, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a wonderful new addition to the Madden series. New game modes, graphics, and updates made Madden a better game. In-fact, one of the great reasons to get this game is that there are new key additions to the visual gameplay. The game shows everything from players celebrating, or stomping off the field. However, there aren't anything else besides that, Besides the few tweaks, every year is the same thing. That's why i give the game a 7 out of 10. Expand
  7. Dec 12, 2010
    EA's long-running Madden series has reached its 12th installment over the past 20 odd years. The series has seen its ups and downs throughout various releases, leaving many both amazed and disappointed. Madden 11 isn't a disappointment, but those looking for deep changes to the Madden franchise may still not find what they are looking for with this game.

Madden NFL 11 introduces some

Madden NFL 11 introduces some new features, but overall the game sticks with the template that each game in the series follows, which technically isn't a bad thing. The typical Play Now exhibition mode as well as the Franchise and NFL Superstar modes are found once again in this edition of Madden NFL. However, these modes have been left virtually untouched, much like previous games. Though the deep experience, particularly with Franchise mode, is still as good as it was in years past, the modes are becoming a bit stale, and I am sure many fans would like to see some new additions/depth to these game modes. The Madden Moments feature in this game is particularly fun considering last year's season had many intense highlights. Packaged with these modes are the traditional training mini game modes, practice, and roster options.

One of the new features in Madden NFL 11 is the addition of 3 player multiplayer co-op, where you and two friends control a team of your choice and play either another team of 3 players or the CPU. If you have ever played multiplayer in Madden in the past, you know how frustrating it can be, particularly for the second player controlling a wide out or running back. However, Madden 11 does an amazing job at making each position genuinely fun to play. No longer does the quarterback have all the fun. This is definitely the most enjoyable multiplayer experience in a Madden game yet.

Another new feature that you'll experience soon into the game is the Gameflow feature. This feature condenses play-calling into a single button press. By simply pressing the A button, the CPU automatically selects a play that will work well in the situation your team finds itself in. This feature shortens the amount of time it takes to play a game. With accelerated clock and Gameflow on, typical 5 minute quarter games are over in about 15-25 minutes depending on the events in the game. You can also play full 15 minute quarter games in a much shorter time span if you would like to be on the field for a little longer. Though one might expect Gameflow play-calling to be a poor method of moving the ball, the CPU usually does a very good job at selecting a good play. I have yet to have a running play called on 3rd and long, and that seems like a good testament that, overall, the CPU knows what its doing. This particular feature is obviously targeted to new or more casual fans of the series. Thankfully, the playbook option is still available for those who wish to choose their own plays.

The gameplay in Madden NFL 11 has improved significantly from last year's game. Running the ball is the most enjoyable it has ever been in the series. The game removes the turbo feature, which may sound like a foolish idea, but your player picks up speed in a very fluid, natural way. This also prevents you from outrunning your blockers, which do an excellent job of making holes for you to run through. Rarely ever did I find myself stopped because of a missed block. Your juke and spin moves can also be controlled by the two analog sticks, and once you get the hang of it, it feels the most natural way to play the game, making all of your stiff arms and spins more effective. You can also pivot your upper body to avoid would-be tacklers.

The character model improvements were a highlight as well. Most of the players and coaches have fairly accurate player model counterparts, which I found to be quite impressive. Though it may sound nit-picky, there are a few character models that are less than accurate--Josh McDaniels for instance, looks to be a 45 year old man. That aside, the character models both on and off the field look better than ever. Commentary has improved significantly, with the monotone Tom Hammond being replaced with the enthusiastic Gus Johnson, who often yells team-related celebrations after a win or a score. Though some aspects of the commentary do sound scripted and robotic, overall it is the best commentary we've seen. Without spoiling too much, post-game super bowl celebrations were also quite impressive.

In conclusion, though the game doesn't improve upon every aspect, the improvements it does make are very impressive and add to the fun factor and longevity of the game. The game will appeal to both hardcore fans of the series and newcomers, but those looking for drastic changes and improvements to the series may be disappointed.

Presentation - 8

Graphics - 8

Sound - 7

Gameplay - 8

Lasting Appeal - 6

Overall - 7
  8. Oct 30, 2010
    I play this game with a friend of mine every other day and it is a lot of fun, but it seems each day we play, we find something else that shouldn't be happening in the game, be it from improper non-interceptions, improper catches, glitched movement, poor facial features (seriously, they BARELY look like the real person!), and all of this on the All-Madden difficulty. Go lower inI play this game with a friend of mine every other day and it is a lot of fun, but it seems each day we play, we find something else that shouldn't be happening in the game, be it from improper non-interceptions, improper catches, glitched movement, poor facial features (seriously, they BARELY look like the real person!), and all of this on the All-Madden difficulty. Go lower in difficulty, and you will be faced with even more strange plays that occur. It is however, without a doubt, a fun game, and appeals to the causal and hardcore gamer, and of all experience levels. So, that is my flatbread feedback sandwich, enjoy. Expand
  9. Aug 11, 2010
    When Madden comes out every year, there isn't a whole lot of room for improvement, and I always find myself picking it apart. For a sports fanatic and video game fanatic like myself you have to deliver the full experience which is tough to do. What Madden did this year was to simply make it a more casual game, one that you can just pop in and play when you are needing some football in yourWhen Madden comes out every year, there isn't a whole lot of room for improvement, and I always find myself picking it apart. For a sports fanatic and video game fanatic like myself you have to deliver the full experience which is tough to do. What Madden did this year was to simply make it a more casual game, one that you can just pop in and play when you are needing some football in your life, and although they have to appeal to the casual sports fan, they also have to stay loyal to there gamer fans who want nothing less than to make the experience as authentic as possible, I feel like although this years game is more realistic, it seems to be watered down a whole lot everything is too simple. Madden 09 delivered what I was hoping for, these last two years have been a little bit of a bummer but overall it's still Madden and it's still a solid title, it's not bad, it's just not a breakout year for EA instead it's "just another Madden". Collapse

1. Jan 9, 2011
    Aside from the new dpad mapping, gameflow and some new graphic elements, there aren't too many innovations in this last chapter. It seems that the best football simulator is getting hard to update.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Dec 25, 2010
    Madden 11 is without a doubt the best American football game on the Xbox 360. [Issue#65, p.85]
  3. Oct 26, 2010
    As I said in my first field report, hardcore Madden players may not appreciate all the changes, but those of us who are more casual fans have a lot to like.