5.7

1. Feb 6, 2011
    Let's get real here.This game is a good game and EA is giving us a little every year because there isn't any competition anymore.Trust me people if 2K way still making football games everything would be different right now.@k would be kicking maddens axx.BUT it would of pushed the people making the Madden games to make better and better games and madden 10 and 11 would be differentLet's get real here.This game is a good game and EA is giving us a little every year because there isn't any competition anymore.Trust me people if 2K way still making football games everything would be different right now.@k would be kicking maddens axx.BUT it would of pushed the people making the Madden games to make better and better games and madden 10 and 11 would be different games-trust me.But for how it is,it's a good game and they give us a little bit every year but no game they make will ever let me stop playing espn nfl 2k4 & 5.Those games still give me the chills when I play after all these years!I don't see how Madden will ever be more then an "8" kinda game. Expand
  2. Aug 18, 2010
    Good Game

I wouldn't say it's a great game. Actually, they don't invent anything new in this iteration, but if you haven't played a Madden game in a while I would definitely recommend this game.

3. Aug 11, 2010
    When Madden comes out every year, there isn't a whole lot of room for improvement, and I always find myself picking it apart. For a sports fanatic and video game fanatic like myself you have to deliver the full experience which is tough to do. What Madden did this year was to simply make it a more casual game, one that you can just pop in and play when you are needing some football in yourWhen Madden comes out every year, there isn't a whole lot of room for improvement, and I always find myself picking it apart. For a sports fanatic and video game fanatic like myself you have to deliver the full experience which is tough to do. What Madden did this year was to simply make it a more casual game, one that you can just pop in and play when you are needing some football in your life, and although they have to appeal to the casual sports fan, they also have to stay loyal to there gamer fans who want nothing less than to make the experience as authentic as possible, I feel like although this years game is more realistic, it seems to be watered down a whole lot everything is too simple. Madden 09 delivered what I was hoping for, these last two years have been a little bit of a bummer but overall it's still Madden and it's still a solid title, it's not bad, it's just not a breakout year for EA instead it's "just another Madden". Expand
  4. Lkr
    Aug 12, 2010
    Excellent release for Madden. The run game has been fixed with improved blocking schemes on offense. On defense, blitzing has been made more realistic. The one negative in this game, which is the dpad defensive audible system. Fortunately, EA has promised a patch to fix this and revert back to the old system. The locomotion system makes fighting for extra yards and running in generalExcellent release for Madden. The run game has been fixed with improved blocking schemes on offense. On defense, blitzing has been made more realistic. The one negative in this game, which is the dpad defensive audible system. Fortunately, EA has promised a patch to fix this and revert back to the old system. The locomotion system makes fighting for extra yards and running in general more fluid. The addition of online team play is very addicting if you have friends to play with. The included Super Bowl and AFL modes also add extra value(AFL was a DLC add on last year). Weekly roster updates for ratings and injuries will be released throughout the season, so the roster will always be up to date. Madden Ultimate team also returns for the best time waster in the world. Expand
  5. Aug 12, 2010
    Best Madden yet! However that's only because the only thing they ever change year to year is the graphics and small gameplay details, they've completely abandoned superstar mode, and the create a team options haven't changed in years. I think EA has to work harder to produce more of a complete game
  6. Aug 13, 2010
    As a football fan, I've been waiting for this game for a long time. This game is very good. The new game function, Game-Flow, is great for casuals and new Madden players while there is still a chance to play the game the conventional way. They have improved almost everything. The Madden Moments are great to replay some very good matches in the history of NFL. The on-line part is reallyAs a football fan, I've been waiting for this game for a long time. This game is very good. The new game function, Game-Flow, is great for casuals and new Madden players while there is still a chance to play the game the conventional way. They have improved almost everything. The Madden Moments are great to replay some very good matches in the history of NFL. The on-line part is really good. The Co-op playing is fun with football fan friends. In conclusion I can recommend this game to every NFL fan. It's a good way to prepare for this year's season. Expand
  7. Aug 14, 2010
    Some thoughts about the full game now that I've had a chance to get a couple of games in. A couple of high notes:

The good: -The game feels more like real football. The developers obviously went out of their way to change some of the core code for the gameplay, and, so far, the changes are mostly good. -The "Strategy Pad" isn't a big deal. The hardcore Madden guys were really whining

The good:

-The "Strategy Pad" isn't a big deal. The hardcore Madden guys were really whining about this, but the reality is that it's nice to have all of your adjustments accessible in one place. It's an adjustment, but one I think I'll try before switching back to the old system once they patch it in (because of the whining).

-"GameFlow" works. I really thought I was going to hate this feature, but I don't at all. You set up a gameplan and GameFlow gives you a play...if you don't like it, you can audible. Speeds the game up tremendously. Games went from an hour to 30 minutes or so without feeling like you lost anything.

-No more stupid animations. Also speeds up the game. You don't need to worry about the did he/didn't he charade for first downs and touchdowns.

-Players play smarter. Both receivers and DBs play the ball. The WR won't stand still while the DB jumps the route.

-Running feels more natural: Because of the new blocking system (which works better) and the new right stick control, it feels better running the ball. You have more control over the runner.

-The sound is much better. The commentary is light years better than last year (but not perfect), but the stadium sounds are on the money. Sounds like a real game.

The bad:

-They didn't touch franchise mode. Franchise mode is still a shell of what it was on the PS2, which is ridiculous. This year they focused on the gameplay, but I still think they could have had a team working to improve some of the bells and whistles. That they didn't is a disappointment. From what I understand, this will be a focus of the next iteration...but I hate looking forward to next year's offering when this one is fresh. If they'd enhanced this, I'd be much happier with the game.

-Sponsorship integration sucks. Hey, I just paid a bunch of money for the game...it annoys me that they're trying to rape me with ads. There's an "Old Spice Swagger" attribute, and I don't even know what the hell it is. Even the achievements have sponsors. Too much.

-Nickle and diming me also sucks. People can buy boosts (read: cheats) that they can use online. farging hate that. Takes away the even playing field for people that don't want to shell out more money. Awful practice, but it won't affect me all that much because I generally only play people I know these days. Still, I find it distasteful.

-People will be back to abusing Vick online. Vick can't throw for shtein...but he can run like hell in this game. He'll be really annoying to play against. Also, while we're on the subject of Eagles QBs, Kolb is rated too low, particularly his accuracy. He and Vick have essentially the same overall rating, but Vick has the physical tools that will entice people to choose him over Kolb, I think. I think Kolb needs a bit of a boost.

Overall:
    - I like it, and it's an improvement over previous versions. I'd be closer to loving it if the made substantive changes to the Franchise mode.
  8. Jan 4, 2011
    This is the BEST Madden ever. The running game is much improved and the hit sticking is much more realistic. Great physics and improved graphics combined with accurate player models make this game an almost perfect football simulation. My one complaint is that EA STILL has not been able to figure out Multi year draft pick trading in Franchise mode. Even if they just do two years at aThis is the BEST Madden ever. The running game is much improved and the hit sticking is much more realistic. Great physics and improved graphics combined with accurate player models make this game an almost perfect football simulation. My one complaint is that EA STILL has not been able to figure out Multi year draft pick trading in Franchise mode. Even if they just do two years at a time it would be a big boost. Expand
  9. Jul 11, 2011
    I love it. At first the "Gameflow" is a bit odd to get used to, but once you customize the way your gameflow works, it is perfect. The character movement is tweaked to a more real movement this year. The only thing keeping me from a 10 is that for some reason, the ball can still teleport into your hands...
  10. Aug 22, 2010
    Don't be fooled! This is the best Madden game in years! I have hated madden since I first played it back in 1993! But this is the first year that they have done something worthwhile. Longtime fans may hate it, as I first did, but once you get used to the changes, you see it is a better game.
  11. Aug 24, 2010
    This game is not that bad as almost everyone said. I know, that franchise mode and a superstar mode is same as previous year, but this series made a great step forward. The animations is pretty cool, graphic is also better then last year and a "Gameflow" feature is pretty awesome.
  12. Sep 10, 2010
    Another great effort from EA. Many will complain, year-in and year-out, that Madden just isn't different enough from the previous year, and not enough improvements were made - but how much can you change a superior game before it becomes counterproductive? Madden is highly polished. The graphics look much improved even compared to Madden 10. Small tweaks like sliding during rainy/snowyAnother great effort from EA. Many will complain, year-in and year-out, that Madden just isn't different enough from the previous year, and not enough improvements were made - but how much can you change a superior game before it becomes counterproductive? Madden is highly polished. The graphics look much improved even compared to Madden 10. Small tweaks like sliding during rainy/snowy conditions, a greater depth of catching/running/tackling animations, and more varied post-play coverage all contribute to a better-looking game. Watching your quarterback slip during his five-step drop in the rain, gather himself, fling a deep pass as he gets tripped by a defensive lineman, and having the receiver leap into the air for the catch, then getting speared by the cornerback before he can even hit the ground, is very rewarding.

The "strategy pad" and GameFlo are useless additions - for serious football fans and Madden players, they offer more hindrance than convenience. The old pre-snap controls have become unconscious muscle memory for most of us, and didn't need to be altered. I know enough about the playbooks that I don't require GameFlo to help me decide what's appropriate during each situation - I can figure that out just fine on my own. Hopefully the outcry about the pre-snap controls compels EA to do away with it. Luckily, GameFlo can just be turned off.

If there is only one reason to get the new Madden 11, it's the new play-by-play commentary by the one, the only, Gus Johnson. His animated calls and over-the-top antics are a welcome change from Tom Hammond's bland monotone. While Gus' commentary is understandably limited in his first year with Madden, it will only deepen with each year. It's still fresh for me after about 2 dozen games, though Collinsworth has gotten a bit old after a few years (I love Collinsworth, but they need to completely overhaul his sound bytes - you can't just keep reusing and building, you also need to eliminate the older stuff that gets stale).

The new "Breast Cancer Awareness" mode or whatever it's called is also pretty cool. Apparently, EA donated $100,000 to Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, and they've incorporated a massive, pink theme (from graphics on the field and UI to player equipment and sideline stuff like towels and Gatorade dispensers) when you're playing in October for Be A Pro, Franchise etc. There's also, I believe, a separate game mode for Breast Cancer Awareness when you're trying to play exhibition contests.

Overall, Madden keeps in the spirit of its thoroughly enjoyable games without staying put - gameplay and presentation tweaks have definitely made the game fresh, though some changes are unwelcome (but not required, thankfully). It's more polished, though there's still room to grow.
  13. Nov 24, 2010
    I'm someone who likes to play my sports games in single player. So if that invalidates my review then whatever. There is improvement here from last year. I thought I'd hate the exclusion of turbo, but I didn't. The difficulty is really there when you play on All Madden level. The improvements aren't drastic but they are there over '10.
  14. Feb 24, 2011
    As a longtime Madden player I would never use GameFlow, but it finally let me play against my young kids, since the robot calls the plays for them in this mode. Music is more stock than in previous Madden games. They changed the audibles, so I lost my years of self-training on them this year. Still a great game.
  15. Mar 4, 2011
    Madden 11 is a pretty decent football game. Sure, it's pretty much just last year's game with updated rosters and rankings, but it's still fun. Like always, my favourite game modes are Franchise and online (with Xbox Live). They're are a few new features, as well, that are pretty great. Two of the biggest added features are GameFlow and online team play. GameFlow is great. It automaticallyMadden 11 is a pretty decent football game. Sure, it's pretty much just last year's game with updated rosters and rankings, but it's still fun. Like always, my favourite game modes are Franchise and online (with Xbox Live). They're are a few new features, as well, that are pretty great. Two of the biggest added features are GameFlow and online team play. GameFlow is great. It automatically chooses a play for you that isâ Expand
  16. Aug 3, 2011
    This game is really solid, but it's missing some of the awesome things old Madden's used to have. Like classic teams. I still quite enjoy playing Madden though.
  17. Jan 6, 2014
    I really love the Madden franchise. This game is very well made (The Play Now AFL Mode is really cool) but I just find myself playing the other Madden games than this one. Even though it has a low replay ability, it is still a well made gridirion game.
  18. Sep 10, 2010

1. Jan 9, 2011
    Aside from the new dpad mapping, gameflow and some new graphic elements, there aren't too many innovations in this last chapter. It seems that the best football simulator is getting hard to update.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Dec 25, 2010
    Madden 11 is without a doubt the best American football game on the Xbox 360. [Issue#65, p.85]
  3. Oct 26, 2010
    As I said in my first field report, hardcore Madden players may not appreciate all the changes, but those of us who are more casual fans have a lot to like.