5.7

1. Aug 3, 2011
    This game is really solid, but it's missing some of the awesome things old Madden's used to have. Like classic teams. I still quite enjoy playing Madden though.
  2. Jul 11, 2011
    I love it. At first the "Gameflow" is a bit odd to get used to, but once you customize the way your gameflow works, it is perfect. The character movement is tweaked to a more real movement this year. The only thing keeping me from a 10 is that for some reason, the ball can still teleport into your hands...
  3. Jan 4, 2011
    This is the BEST Madden ever. The running game is much improved and the hit sticking is much more realistic. Great physics and improved graphics combined with accurate player models make this game an almost perfect football simulation. My one complaint is that EA STILL has not been able to figure out Multi year draft pick trading in Franchise mode. Even if they just do two years at a time it would be a big boost. Expand
  4. Aug 18, 2010
    Good Game

I wouldn't say it's a great game. Actually, they don't invent anything new in this iteration, but if you haven't played a Madden game in a while I would definitely recommend this game.

5. Aug 13, 2010
    As a football fan, I've been waiting for this game for a long time. This game is very good. The new game function, Game-Flow, is great for casuals and new Madden players while there is still a chance to play the game the conventional way. They have improved almost everything. The Madden Moments are great to replay some very good matches in the history of NFL. The on-line part is really good. The Co-op playing is fun with football fan friends. In conclusion I can recommend this game to every NFL fan. It's a good way to prepare for this year's season. Expand
  6. Lkr
    Aug 12, 2010
    Excellent release for Madden. The run game has been fixed with improved blocking schemes on offense. On defense, blitzing has been made more realistic. The one negative in this game, which is the dpad defensive audible system. Fortunately, EA has promised a patch to fix this and revert back to the old system. The locomotion system makes fighting for extra yards and running in general more fluid. The addition of online team play is very addicting if you have friends to play with. The included Super Bowl and AFL modes also add extra value(AFL was a DLC add on last year). Weekly roster updates for ratings and injuries will be released throughout the season, so the roster will always be up to date. Madden Ultimate team also returns for the best time waster in the world. Expand
  7. Aug 12, 2010
    Best Madden yet! However that's only because the only thing they ever change year to year is the graphics and small gameplay details, they've completely abandoned superstar mode, and the create a team options haven't changed in years. I think EA has to work harder to produce more of a complete game
  8. Sep 10, 2010
    Another great effort from EA. Many will complain, year-in and year-out, that Madden just isn't different enough from the previous year, and not enough improvements were made - but how much can you change a superior game before it becomes counterproductive? Madden is highly polished. The graphics look much improved even compared to Madden 10. Small tweaks like sliding during rainy/snowy conditions, a greater depth of catching/running/tackling animations, and more varied post-play coverage all contribute to a better-looking game. Watching your quarterback slip during his five-step drop in the rain, gather himself, fling a deep pass as he gets tripped by a defensive lineman, and having the receiver leap into the air for the catch, then getting speared by the cornerback before he can even hit the ground, is very rewarding.

The "strategy pad" and GameFlo are useless additions - for serious football fans and Madden players, they offer more hindrance than convenience. The old pre-snap controls have become unconscious muscle memory for most of us, and didn't need to be altered. I know enough about the playbooks that I don't require GameFlo to help me decide what's appropriate during each situation - I can figure that out just fine on my own. Hopefully the outcry about the pre-snap controls compels EA to do away with it. Luckily, GameFlo can just be turned off.

If there is only one reason to get the new Madden 11, it's the new play-by-play commentary by the one, the only, Gus Johnson. His animated calls and over-the-top antics are a welcome change from Tom Hammond's bland monotone. While Gus' commentary is understandably limited in his first year with Madden, it will only deepen with each year. It's still fresh for me after about 2 dozen games, though Collinsworth has gotten a bit old after a few years (I love Collinsworth, but they need to completely overhaul his sound bytes - you can't just keep reusing and building, you also need to eliminate the older stuff that gets stale).

The new "Breast Cancer Awareness" mode or whatever it's called is also pretty cool. Apparently, EA donated $100,000 to Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, and they've incorporated a massive, pink theme (from graphics on the field and UI to player equipment and sideline stuff like towels and Gatorade dispensers) when you're playing in October for Be A Pro, Franchise etc. There's also, I believe, a separate game mode for Breast Cancer Awareness when you're trying to play exhibition contests.

Overall, Madden keeps in the spirit of its thoroughly enjoyable games without staying put - gameplay and presentation tweaks have definitely made the game fresh, though some changes are unwelcome (but not required, thankfully). It's more polished, though there's still room to grow.
  9. Feb 24, 2011
    As a longtime Madden player I would never use GameFlow, but it finally let me play against my young kids, since the robot calls the plays for them in this mode. Music is more stock than in previous Madden games. They changed the audibles, so I lost my years of self-training on them this year. Still a great game.

1. Jan 9, 2011
    Aside from the new dpad mapping, gameflow and some new graphic elements, there aren't too many innovations in this last chapter. It seems that the best football simulator is getting hard to update.
    Madden 11 is without a doubt the best American football game on the Xbox 360. [Issue#65, p.85]
  3. Oct 26, 2010
    As I said in my first field report, hardcore Madden players may not appreciate all the changes, but those of us who are more casual fans have a lot to like.