5.7

1. Aug 30, 2012
    Madden NFL 13 is easily the best Madden game on the current console generation and rivals Madden 05 as the best of all time. At the top of the list is the new Connected Career Mode which has raised the bar on how sports games have to approach a career more from here on out. Scheme specific players are a huge addition that provides a deep experience. The all new scouting system is anMadden NFL 13 is easily the best Madden game on the current console generation and rivals Madden 05 as the best of all time. At the top of the list is the new Connected Career Mode which has raised the bar on how sports games have to approach a career more from here on out. Scheme specific players are a huge addition that provides a deep experience. The all new scouting system is an awesome step up from previous years and also raises the bar in the sports genre. Infinity Engine adds a realistic element to each play by showing you something new each and every down.
    While the game is excellent it is missing a few elements from past versions that may weaken the experience for some (editing rosters, custom playbooks, coach mode). These items pale in comparison to what has been added in the opinion of most. Like I stated earlier this is the second greatest football game ever, if you are looking for a realistic experience then look no further. Great game that will be in my console until the release of Madden NFL 14. Great job!
  2. Aug 28, 2012
    This is probably the best Madden game ever on 7th gen. consoles. The new infinity engine is amazing, the graphics are improved, new, not so choppy, commentary from Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, and a CBS mixed with NFL Network game format. My only problems with the game are the lack of a fantasy draft in franchise mode, no create a team, and a confusing, but adaptable, menu. Overall, this gameThis is probably the best Madden game ever on 7th gen. consoles. The new infinity engine is amazing, the graphics are improved, new, not so choppy, commentary from Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, and a CBS mixed with NFL Network game format. My only problems with the game are the lack of a fantasy draft in franchise mode, no create a team, and a confusing, but adaptable, menu. Overall, this game is a good buy for any football fan. Expand
  3. Aug 29, 2012
    Don't listen to the MORONS that are claiming there is no franchise mode. They are both illiterate (seeing as it's pointed out that franchise is now just a part of connected careers in numerous previews of the game and in many reviews) and haven't played the game yet, seeing as it would not be to hard to find the franchise mode if you've actually played the game.
  4. Aug 29, 2012
    Overall, this is the best Madden on the current generation of consoles. The new physics engine, for the most part, is very well done. Occasionally, you see some wonky things after the play when players trip over someone (which is actually quite hilarious). Also, it takes a little getting used to the fact that running into your own blockers can trip you up -- If you're big on the runningOverall, this is the best Madden on the current generation of consoles. The new physics engine, for the most part, is very well done. Occasionally, you see some wonky things after the play when players trip over someone (which is actually quite hilarious). Also, it takes a little getting used to the fact that running into your own blockers can trip you up -- If you're big on the running game, it is something you'll have to adjust to. Sometimes it's a little frustrating, but overall I'll take the sense of weight and realism it conveys instead of being able to run into your blockers like you're on a treadmill.

Playing online seems a bit laggy to me right now. I don't know if it's because the EA servers are getting slammed, if it's an inherent problem with the netcode, or if it's perhaps my own connection.

The passing game is also really improved by the new pass trajectories and ball placement. I've seen a lot of people complaining about the number of interceptions. These complaints are legitimate, but in my experience thus far the vast majority of picks I've thrown were simply bad passes. If you throw into an out or crossing route with a defender close by, you're probably going to get picked off. I've played about ten games online, and I've seen one suspect INT (Ngata dropped into the secondary to cover an RB, then super-jumped to pick off a pass that I was trying to float over him). I've also seen some really cool things like having a lineman deflect a pass high up into the air, and defenders rushing to try to intercept, much like real-life. Having more control over ball placement and trajectory really makes me feel like I have superior control over the passing game, but bad passes have a good chance of getting picked off. I've also seen people complaining about the number of sacks, but I believe this, too, has as much to do with the user making a bad decision as it is the AI and pass protection. Throwing screens or checking down to your RB is much, much better this year -- I haven't had a single instance of trying to throw to the RB, only to see him run out of bounds for a loss trying to catch the ball.

I haven't touched the connected careers mode, it just doesn't interest me. I spend all my time playing games online, either standard or Ultimate Team. MUT this year is a definitely different, with some good changes and some bad. I like that you seem to be guaranteed a legend if you purchase a legendary pack. It was unbelievably frustrating last year to spend like $7 on a pack, only to end up with nothing. I also really like that you can buy legendary packs with 35,000 coins (if this existed last year, it would have been epic, because I had millions of coins). As far as negatives, I don't like the new collections because the coin rewards are incredibly meager. Last year, you could put together collections and get 50,000 coins. This year, the rewards are like 200 coins for a lot of collections. Admittedly, I haven't looked through each and every collection to see what the rewards are, but it appears to me that EA thought it was too easy to make coins last year. Since you can buy legendary packs for coins now (and also so you have to spend more money), I believe a decision was made to drastically cut down the coin rewards for collections. You do get a good number of coins for winning a MUT game online, though -- I made about 2,000 last night from a victory. Which means it would take between 15-20 games to afford a legendary pack. I think, overall, that a trade of collection coin rewards for being able to buy legendary packs with coins isn't such a bad deal.

Much has also been made of the new commentary and presentation. The new presentation elements are great, but commentary inevitably gets repetitive, so I don't know how much of a selling point that actually is.

Overall, as I said before, I think this is the best Madden of the current generation.
  5. Aug 30, 2012
    Madden NFL 13 is the best Madden hands down in years. The game play feels like they really did a complete overhaul of coding or what ever developers do to create these games. 9 out of 10 things that you love from Madden 12 are in Madden 13 just renamed ex: franchise mode is Connected Careers. At the very least all the changes we have wanted for years are finally here or the foundationMadden NFL 13 is the best Madden hands down in years. The game play feels like they really did a complete overhaul of coding or what ever developers do to create these games. 9 out of 10 things that you love from Madden 12 are in Madden 13 just renamed ex: franchise mode is Connected Careers. At the very least all the changes we have wanted for years are finally here or the foundation for them are here in 13 and I can only imagine how important Madden NFL 13 will be for future Madden releases. I gave it a 9 out of 10 because we need to leave that 1 point for improvement which every game needs even the best. Expand
  6. Aug 31, 2012
    I consider myself a casual fan of the Madden series though I do get the game every year to play a few seasons with my beloved Titans. While I do see minor differences each year, this year has really struck me a big step forward for the series. I love the integration of Game Face and immediately utilized it to create myself to use as a high draft QB for the Titans in the new ConnectedI consider myself a casual fan of the Madden series though I do get the game every year to play a few seasons with my beloved Titans. While I do see minor differences each year, this year has really struck me a big step forward for the series. I love the integration of Game Face and immediately utilized it to create myself to use as a high draft QB for the Titans in the new Connected Careers Mode (which replaced the prior Franchise Mode). I also got an online Connected Career started with some friends and it's great fun for all of us to have HB's and measure our progress. I also love the Kinect integration on the 360 as it really immerses you in the game calling plays and making strategic adjustments at the line - and much simpler than button presses.
    But the biggest improvement of all is the new engine which makes every play for more interesting and unique than previous years that had canned animations. Yes, you will see some odd stuff here and there but for the most part it provides some very realistic and exciting scenarios.
    The graphics look great and the statistical overlays, game presentation, and commentary are all that you would expect from a game representing the NFL experience.
    Overall, this game is a keeper and I look forward to playing it out while following the NFL this year. Great job EA!!!
  7. Aug 30, 2012
    This has to be the best madden in a while. Granted I know some features are gone from the game but physics and connected career mode are good added features. Try the game for yourself don't go off of word of mouth!!!!!
  8. Aug 29, 2012
    Don't listen to these people who are saying the franchise mode isn't there. After playing the game for a total of 5 minutes I discovered the coach career is the new franchise mode. These guys play it for 3 minutes and flip out because they are use to the same reprocessed crap that game out for 2011-2012. Madden '13 is fun and fresh.
  9. Aug 29, 2012
    THERE IS A FRANCHISE MODE. I figured I would bold that up front since some people don't seem to understand that. The new career mode Connected Careers did not replace it. It encompassed it. If you start a coach in connected careers it IS franchise mode. You control the whole team, choose the players, progress the players, go through the draft, hire free agents, cut players, etc. Aside fromTHERE IS A FRANCHISE MODE. I figured I would bold that up front since some people don't seem to understand that. The new career mode Connected Careers did not replace it. It encompassed it. If you start a coach in connected careers it IS franchise mode. You control the whole team, choose the players, progress the players, go through the draft, hire free agents, cut players, etc. Aside from that you can also start a player and play the mode like superstar mode in the past. The mode is well designed gives a fresh feel to the game.

On the gameplay side they have made numerous improvements. The physics engine is the most obvious one. It isn't perfect by any means and you will occasionally see weird moments but for the most part it works well. The passing trajectories have also added some good depth to the gameplay giving more control to your passing than in years past. Add to this the usual slider set that you can find in the settings and if there is anything you don't like about gameplay it is easy to adjust to your liking.

Overall Madden 13 is a fantastic step in the right direction. After all the years of gimmicks and copy and paste games the madden team under its new management is finally trying and has released a game that not only updates the roster but the formula that makes up football games as well.
  10. Aug 30, 2012
    I have been playing Madden since 1992 on the Sega Genesis and I have to say this, without a doubt, is the best one yet. The all new Infinity Engine makes the game play look and play better than it's ever been. The new connected careers mode is something long time Madden players have been wanting for years.

I can now choose to play as a player or Coach. You have endless options to

I can now choose to play as a player or Coach. You have endless options to customize the game the way you want it. I can see myself playing this game long after the actual NFL season is over. It's truly amazing how much depth you have in a sports game. If you want a sports game that has tons of options and great game play, then this is the game for you. I know some people are upset you can't edit player ratings and equipment but I never did that anyway. I'm having a blast with it. Madden is back and bigger and better than ever.
  11. Aug 30, 2012
    Madden 13 is the best Madden game I have played and i have been playing Madden since the begining. May of the issues in the past have been addressed the new game engine is amazing. Recently I got involved with the Madden Ultimate team and it is fantastic. I rank this game HIGH and I would recommend it to others.
  12. Aug 30, 2012
    After years of finding Madden being a difficult product to enjoy beyond a month, I think the developers are showing signs they got this game going on the right track. The gameplay needed new life brought to it, and the new tackling engine courtesy of Infinity Engine has brought it. It's in it's first year, so it's not perfect, but it makes a very important aspect of football, tackling,After years of finding Madden being a difficult product to enjoy beyond a month, I think the developers are showing signs they got this game going on the right track. The gameplay needed new life brought to it, and the new tackling engine courtesy of Infinity Engine has brought it. It's in it's first year, so it's not perfect, but it makes a very important aspect of football, tackling, much better, dynamic and authentic to real life.

The Infinity Engine alone can't make this game fun alone though. The other improvements done to the passing game makes me have much more control in ball placement. The running game feels funner and more organic thanks to the Infinity Engine, and the presentation has taken a good step forward by going with a more standard broadcast feel with the new play-by-play team, visual shots, and the music soundtrack. And least we forget the awesome intro with Raw Lewis. That's how they're suppose to be done!

Madden NFL 13 feels much like a football game than it has in the past. There's still a lot of work to do and fundamentals of the game that need improvements, but what has been done to the game this year shows that this franchise could be heading back to the golden standard of sports video gaming that we expect it to be.
  13. Aug 30, 2012
    Let it be known: Franchise mode is here. Ignore what others are saying; they are misinformed. Connect Careers has all of the elements wanted in franchise mode: Player Progress, NFL Draft, managing players and agents..etc. It's a mode that will satisfy all of the users who are under the impression that the franchise mode is gone. You can create a coach to begin Franchise Mode and alsoLet it be known: Franchise mode is here. Ignore what others are saying; they are misinformed. Connect Careers has all of the elements wanted in franchise mode: Player Progress, NFL Draft, managing players and agents..etc. It's a mode that will satisfy all of the users who are under the impression that the franchise mode is gone. You can create a coach to begin Franchise Mode and also create a player to enter into the 'Superstar Mode'. In terms of gameplay, this is hands down the BIGGEST and BEST improvement in franchise history. The physics and subsequent animations seen by the user are astounding. Madden has finally encompassed a true physics based game with the addition of the highly touted Infinity Engine. EA has taken great strides in order to nullify cheesers online as well. It's now an even playing field, and a FUN one at that. Expand
  14. Aug 30, 2012
    I seen the 2 star ratings on the panel for the reviews, and I would've honestly thought that this was for Madden 06. I'm consistently seeing "no franchise mode" throughout many of these 1-2 star reviews. If you fall into this category, then you clearly need to watch the following videos:

Madden playbook for Connected Careers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3qQP6V8y24 Connected

Madden playbook for Connected Careers

Connected Careers 101 video by Josh Looman (designer of CCM)

Me personally, I'm about gameplay first, as that's the foundation that makes everything around it enjoyable. I can honestly, and finally say that for the first time that I enjoy playing Madden on next gen consoles, and will be playing it for the entire year!! The introduction of the physics (Infinity Engine) is huge and brings forth that realism aspect that brings the gameplay experience closer to real life emulation. While the physics do act funky at times, no game is perfect. The addition of the various pass trajectories and leading receivers into space and being able to fit passes through tight windows is giving that much needed user control that was limited or missing in previous madden titles. Also with the read and react for both offense and defense is huge as I've enjoyed playing on All Madden and can see as to why I would win or lose on certain plays and it would be due to lack of awareness, slow reaction time, or would perfectly read the play and just not make it regardless of the action performed. All in all these elements give what's truly needed to deliver that replication of what happens on Sundays. Now, this game doesn't go without its share of flaws, as there are rare times (from my gameplay experiences at least) where I'll see an instance of a "super LB" or "psychic DB" on any difficulty! While they did state that it was eliminated from the game, I can tolerate the fact that it rarely happens, but it honestly shouldn't happen at all. Also, there are instances where the physics will act very crazy and give unrealistic outcomes (remember, Backbreaker suffered the same problems at times too). The key aspect to understand here is efficiency!! Madden 13 is honestly giving you efficient gameplay and modes/features that actually work at an efficient rate (75-80% in general regarding gameplay).

I understand the frustration from some regarding the lack of fantasy drafting, and editing players equipment/ratings for CCM, but think about this scenario:

You edit all 32 teams player equipment and ratings to your liking, then you start up a Connected Career (formerly Franchise Mode) as a coach or player. You go check your player ratings on that desired team and you see that virtually all the overall ratings that you personally adjusted now changed. Now you may ask yourself "Why/How did this happen?" or state things like "I didn't know about this!!" or "How come EA never said anything about this?". The truth is that the player has to match the scheme that's ran, so the player ratings change accordingly. the information is out there and it was publicly stated by Josh Looman himself at E3 in multiple youtube video interviews and blogs across the web. Like the CCM mode, Infinity Engine, and the Read/React technologies, they're all first year implementations!! They should be judged as such. In conclusion, I'm not judging this as "EA has duped the consumer yet again for the 8th year" as some people may feel and I respect your feelings, as I was in that crowd too! I's be lying to deny the honest, efficient progression toward the true replication of Sunday football offerd in this installment. I can honestly play this game and see this game as a solid foundation to build from by EA Sports for the first time in years.
  15. Aug 30, 2012
    This game is not the complete package in terms of what I would like to see in a simulation, but this is definitely a good foundation. I'm still not satisfied with the overall Player Movement (running animations, foot plants, etc) and the OL/DL interactions (Lineplay). With that being said you can not deny the improvements to the passing game, read and react defense, removal of psychicThis game is not the complete package in terms of what I would like to see in a simulation, but this is definitely a good foundation. I'm still not satisfied with the overall Player Movement (running animations, foot plants, etc) and the OL/DL interactions (Lineplay). With that being said you can not deny the improvements to the passing game, read and react defense, removal of psychic defenders ( for the most part), brand new Infinity Engine, and DEEP connected careers mode. As far as the Infinity Engine you will see some strange physics moments, which is expected with a year 1 implementation, but I can more than appreciate the Madden Team for adding the physical element to the franchise. Infinity will only get better, and even in it's current state you get some Amazing outcomes at times. Again, the game is not all the way there yet, but if this is year 1 of Cam Weber's 3 year plan we are in good shape. I just hope the Madden Team continues to build on the foundation set by Madden 13, and Player Movement and OL/DL interactions MUST be address in Madden 14. Expand
  16. Aug 30, 2012
    EA Sports is finally starting to listen to the community. Madden 13 took the giant leap this year and improved overall dramatically. With improved graphics, new infinity engine, passing trajectories and the birth of connected careers, the game is without a doubt in the right direction. Good job guys!
  17. Aug 30, 2012
    I have been playing Madden since 1994. Each year I look forward to the annual release which has become the National phenomena known as "Maddenoliday". It's been an amazing ride to watch the annual series improve.

The NFL experience is something that has captivated an entire country. One way or another we are all looking to become more immersed within this experience. Since the late 80's Madden has been providing this to virtual gamers across the country. What's amazing to me is what the product once was and what it is today.

I play a ton of Madden so it can be easy to forget yesteryear and not appreciate what we have today. However I'm reminded every time my Wife says "I didn't know the Patriots played on Wednesdays". Then I have to remind her that I'm actually playing Madden.

I'm also reminded about the amazing upgrades this years game has seen in specific areas. I have never once wanted to listen to the commentating of a Madden game. However this year I can't help but turn the volume all the way up and listen to Phill Simms and Jim Nantz.

Physics is the next thing that completely has changed the way the game feels and plays. I recently attended a GameStop Managers Conference in San Antonio Texas and heard countless times how impressed they were with out the new Infinity Engine has changed the game for the better.

I play Madden each year because I love the NFL. I love it so much that I need more of it after Sundays pass. Madden has provided this enjoyment for me for over 18 years and I couldn't be more thankful to be able to spend free time playing and enjoying Madden NFL 13.
  18. Aug 30, 2012
    Maddn 13 Best Madden to Date ,Connected Careers, Madden's most significant non-gameplay change in years, delivers an often spectacular NFL experience malleable enough to serve many masters. You have the option of creating a player, picking up the career of a current coach or player, or starting out in the rookie season of one of 30-plus legends such as Deion Sanders. At the heart ofMaddn 13 Best Madden to Date ,Connected Careers, Madden's most significant non-gameplay change in years, delivers an often spectacular NFL experience malleable enough to serve many masters. You have the option of creating a player, picking up the career of a current coach or player, or starting out in the rookie season of one of 30-plus legends such as Deion Sanders. At the heart of Connected Careers is a news hub that features stories from the league and the impending draft class of college stars. It also includes a real-time, fake Twitter feed that provides news, commentary, and even humor in missives crafted by EA Tiburon to sound like real NFL reporters and analysts. Twitter and the news pane combine to lend the digital league a terrific sense of being a living, breathing entity You scout players during the season while the news hub tracks the stories of a few major college athletes. One-off events, like a season-ending injury to a projected first-round pick or a change from wide receiver to defensive back, can derail your draft plans. Those stories become the foundation for an engaging NFL Draft, which is where Connected Careers really comes alive. hearing a friend howl in despair when I swiped a player turned the draft into my favorite part of Connected Careers
    ESPN's Trey Wingo comments on touted picks and their backgrounds; AI teams make draft-day trades with each other and human teams; Twitter reacts to every pick and trade. I spent a draft in Xbox Live party chat with a friend, and hearing him howl in despair when I swiped a player he'd been watching instantly turned the draft into my favorite part of Connected Careers. Free agency is similarly impressive. It allows you to submit offers to players, and gives you an at-a-glance look at the other teams you're competing with. The weeks go by, and offers come and go as players either sign a contract or winnow bids to a short list before making a decision. Connected Careers unites the old Franchise, Superstar, and Online Franchise modes, making for one seamless setup that offers a tremendous variety of experiences. You can choose to be a player (Superstar) or a coach who also makes personnel decisions (Franchise). Any combination of 32 individuals can play in an online league for up to 30 seasons (Online Franchise), and the mode's big-picture ideas work well.
  19. Aug 30, 2012
    I would like to start this review by saying:

a. EA did not pay me in any way shape or form (I wish it was that simple) and I don't understand why, if you like a game, you had to have gotten paid by the developer. Jesus people can't have differing opinions? b. The vast majority (I'd say ALL actually) of the negative reviews are people who just love to hate on Madden because they're
    I would like to start this review by saying:

b. The vast majority (I'd say ALL actually) of the negative reviews are people who just love to hate on Madden because they're worthless internet trolls, people who are to stupid to comprehend that Franchise Mode is now Connected Careers, or people who are upset they can't do fantasy drafts/draft classes/etc. (a small but obviously very retarded vocal minority)

Yes, this game isn't perfect. Far from it actually. The new Infinity Engines still has kinks, there are some omissions from the CCM that people have gotten used to having, and there are still a couple "legacy" issues that have plagued the franchise since the dawn of Madden. The point of Madden 13 is to lay the groundwork for future Maddens, and show the fan base that they are making positive steps in the right direction, which they clearly are. And even if you ARE upset about some of the omissions from what used to be in the game, if you actually picked up the game and played it, there is NO denying that this is the funnest Madden game in years and years. Not every play feels the same anymore, and the actual gameplay is great compared to years past. Isn't that why people buy a football game? To PLAY football? If you're so concerned with fantasy drafts and being able to change players uniform numbers, go buy NFL Head Coach.
  20. Aug 29, 2012
    Seriously? What is wrong with most of you? This is by far the best Madden on the current gen systems. The gameplay is great. Presentation is better then any of the previous games. I have been very critical in the past of EA and the 'Roster Update' that MAdden has been, but this game is a HUGE improvement.
  21. Aug 29, 2012
    There is franchise mode if people would actually try the game out before running their mouths. The guy complaining about the physics only played the demo because in the retail version, the physics are great. Haters. I'd normally give this game a 9 but I'll make it 10 to counteract all the morons posting their negative reviews.
  22. Aug 30, 2012
    Madden NFL 13 is the first Madden in the Xbox 360/PS3 era to truly deliver a football simulation that shows true innovation and sets the tone for years to come. The infinity engine based physics makes the game feel smooth and fresh with new hits and play outcomes that have never been seen in Madden History. I too have seen numerous posts about "no franchise mode" which funny enough isMadden NFL 13 is the first Madden in the Xbox 360/PS3 era to truly deliver a football simulation that shows true innovation and sets the tone for years to come. The infinity engine based physics makes the game feel smooth and fresh with new hits and play outcomes that have never been seen in Madden History. I too have seen numerous posts about "no franchise mode" which funny enough is still in the game but with an all new direction called "Connected Careers" This has to be the deepest Career mode I've seen in a sports video game and being able to have a league with gamers being a Player or a team or even both in the same league will make me play the game all year round and never get tired of it.

When it comes down to it Madden NFL 13 didn't just add new features to improve the quality or replay value of THIS game, but created a solid foundation for Madden games for years to come.
  23. Sep 4, 2012
    After playing 20+ hrs, I wanted to give this game a perfect 10. Instead, it's more like a 9 due to a couple minor mistakes. It's the best looking Madden and it plays so much better than last year. The new pass catching animations are fantastic. I was excited about 1 diving catch last year; this year, you'll see 2-3 every game. User picks seem to occur as one would anticipate, ratherAfter playing 20+ hrs, I wanted to give this game a perfect 10. Instead, it's more like a 9 due to a couple minor mistakes. It's the best looking Madden and it plays so much better than last year. The new pass catching animations are fantastic. I was excited about 1 diving catch last year; this year, you'll see 2-3 every game. User picks seem to occur as one would anticipate, rather than the random drops on obvious would-be picks from last year. EA made a huge improvement overall. The integration of FFL into the mix, along with Ultimate Team building (using an eBay style auction with game tokens for currency) is a really addictive feature. If EA reads this, please release a patch that shows a drive summary along with fixing the Player of the Game notification. It doesn't seem to be working. And I read there were supposed to be player stat updates mid game like in the NFL. Wasn't sure I saw that either. And perhaps a halftime recap that is actually relevant instead of the generic scenes at present. Perhaps I was expecting too much based on the Madden 2013 Wiki preview. Still, the game lives up to the hype - good job. Expand
  24. Sep 4, 2012
    I don't see how people are rating this game a 0... Really... I think those reviews are based off impulse because no game deserves a zero not even E.T. So I took the time to play the game in most of it's major features and I can say that I like it. In game physics is cool since I catch myself watching simple plays back in reply to re-watch a hit or a good run. I spent most of my time inI don't see how people are rating this game a 0... Really... I think those reviews are based off impulse because no game deserves a zero not even E.T. So I took the time to play the game in most of it's major features and I can say that I like it. In game physics is cool since I catch myself watching simple plays back in reply to re-watch a hit or a good run. I spent most of my time in Connect Careers Mode (CCM). I read reviews that have said that Franchise mode has been removed but I think that CCM is a hybrid of super star and franchise mode. I played mostly as a coach but I started two online careers. One career is by myself and I am in week 11 and the other I am in preseason still because my friends are taking forever to play their games. I think the news systems is cool, since when one of my friends made a trade it was posted in my news. The twitter doesn't do much for me, but I read them from time to time. I like scouting and progression a lot of in this game. It reminds me of a light RPG when I buy the packages for progressing my players but I do get lazy sometimes and automatically progress. Even with fantasy draft missing (I have only used this once anyways) and imported draft classes (I haven't used this since 03 when I was high school), this game is amazing and a new good direction that I haven't seen this franchise do since like 03 or 04. So to sum it up, CCM > Franchise/ Super Star mode and if you use fantasy draft/ imported draft classes regularly then you will love this game. Expand
  25. Aug 31, 2012
    This is a great Madden upgrade this year. They definitely threw a bone to the hardcore football gamer with the Connected Careers (CCM) features. The ability to have a fully fledged online franchise experience or Superstar mode is just what Madden has needed for years.

Not only do we get the new CCM this year, but we also get the new Infinity Engine with physics in the gameplay. The new physics engine drives up the realism and sim football aspect the game has been lacking for a long time.

I cannot wait to put a bunch of hours into Madden this year. Madden 13 should really squash the naysayers who say it is just a roster update.
  26. Aug 28, 2012
    Holy cow.
    The physics in Madden 13 is the most sophisticated collision detection system in a real time simulation. Period.
    I have been in awe every snap, and every tackle.
    Beyond the amazing, lifelike sim, Madden 13 has kept every worthwhile innovation from previous years in tact.
    I also enjoyed my first taste of connected careers with my brother on the other side of the country this morning.
  27. Aug 30, 2012
    I would like to start by saying Connected careers has everything and MORE than franchise mode , you still have a draft,free agents, progression etc. but it now has many more additions which makes this a groundbreaking Madden for me. You can now create a coach,player or use any coach you want that is active. You now have scouting,salary caps , and the removal of potential is great as youI would like to start by saying Connected careers has everything and MORE than franchise mode , you still have a draft,free agents, progression etc. but it now has many more additions which makes this a groundbreaking Madden for me. You can now create a coach,player or use any coach you want that is active. You now have scouting,salary caps , and the removal of potential is great as you now earn XP towards each player through practice,pre-season and there play and can choose how to progress them which is much better than waiting to see how the cpu will progress your players. I could go on and on with this but it is truly amazing and having much more control over your team is welcomed. The new engine is alot better than previous Madden titles , for those who have noticed in the past players seemed to morph through the defense ,that is now gone ,when running if you run into the o-line it is known so you have to hit your holes which is what happens on sundays. Leading WR's into open space is another thing that is welcomed and makes the passing much more realistic along with the graphics being alot better. MUT (Madden Ultimate Team) has new additions which gives you something to work towards with goals so for the first time I can now play that feature. I am very pleased with Madden 13 and it won't be leaving my system for a very longtime as the replay value is very high , I can't express how happy I am with Madden 13. This is by far the Madden in many years , the waiting is finally over and i'm very excited to see what the future holds as this series is now on the right track. I have never given a game a 10 rating but with howmuch time i've spent on this game with all the additions and the time I will be playing it ,giving it a 9 would seem to low. Expand
  28. Sep 3, 2012
    This is the best madden game to date. The graphics are awesome, the game play is smooth,the controls the same.When I first played madden 13 I almost went insane because I could not find the franchise mode. After I began a connected career as a player I found that it was not the franchise mode so I began a new connected career as a coach and what do you know Hello Franchise mode finally IThis is the best madden game to date. The graphics are awesome, the game play is smooth,the controls the same.When I first played madden 13 I almost went insane because I could not find the franchise mode. After I began a connected career as a player I found that it was not the franchise mode so I began a new connected career as a coach and what do you know Hello Franchise mode finally I found it. And still the franchise mode delivers it is great. This is not the old franchise mode this is a revamped Franchise mode and I must say it is awesome.Playing a connected career as a player is fun it is real challenge and truly feels like you're actually on the field. And with the kinect feature it makes experience of Madden 13 even more realistic.Once again Madden and EA delivers a great game. Madden NFL 13 is the best Madden game to date. Expand
  29. Aug 30, 2012
    I have to say that over the years since PlayStation 2 days, I have had an up and down relationship with the title, but this year, I have fallen back in love with Madden! The new Infinity Engine, although not perfect, is what the community has been requested for years. While the mechanics of the engine are not at 100%, which has never been debated, I have seen some incredible,I have to say that over the years since PlayStation 2 days, I have had an up and down relationship with the title, but this year, I have fallen back in love with Madden! The new Infinity Engine, although not perfect, is what the community has been requested for years. While the mechanics of the engine are not at 100%, which has never been debated, I have seen some incredible, once-in-a-life-time plays. The new Passing System is Excellent. Ball trajectory and placement has never been better. The new Connected Careers Mode is the old Franchise Mode on Steroids. However, there have been complains from the community, who list several features in Madden 12 that did not make it into 13. In addition, some gamers are not very accepting of change. I can understand their concerns. There are valid points amidst some of the outlandish and unwarranted complaints. Hopefully, EA will weed out the constructive feedback and make adjustments moving forward. Anytime a game developer removes much loved features from the previous year, even if it's from a small minority of users, it's bound to have some negative affects. Overall, the game is going in a great direction, the new team has brought a renewed enthusiasm and strategic direction - I'm excited - and I am going to enjoy the heck out of Madden NFL 13 and look forward to 14 and beyond. No game is perfect, but Madden is hella fun to play and an amazing one-year leap in feature set. Madden is back!!! Expand
  30. Aug 30, 2012
    Madden 13 is amazing! Quiet frankly, the game is leaps and bounds above any other previous release. The combination of Franchise Mode and Create-a-Superstar into the new Connected Careers is nearly flawless and adds a whole new element to the game. CCM coupled with the new infinity engine truly raises the bar for the future of Madden. Losing a "fantasy draft" option is a price I willMadden 13 is amazing! Quiet frankly, the game is leaps and bounds above any other previous release. The combination of Franchise Mode and Create-a-Superstar into the new Connected Careers is nearly flawless and adds a whole new element to the game. CCM coupled with the new infinity engine truly raises the bar for the future of Madden. Losing a "fantasy draft" option is a price I will gladly pay for continued revolutionary upgrades. Expand
  31. Aug 30, 2012
    Had to give this game a 10, just to counteract all the casual gamers giving it a lower than deserved score. It's probably closer to an 8 or a 9. Honestly this is the best Madden game I've played on this generation of consoles, by a long shot. Every step they've made, is a step in the right direction. A lot of people are crying over the lack of a fantasy draft, but to me that is smallHad to give this game a 10, just to counteract all the casual gamers giving it a lower than deserved score. It's probably closer to an 8 or a 9. Honestly this is the best Madden game I've played on this generation of consoles, by a long shot. Every step they've made, is a step in the right direction. A lot of people are crying over the lack of a fantasy draft, but to me that is small potatoes compared to the amazing CCM mode, and the steps to make Madden more of a sim friendly game, Don't listen to the whiners, this is a great sports title. Expand
  32. Aug 30, 2012
    By far this is the BEST Madden game in recent years. The strides made in the online and offline franchises have illustrated the depth that Madden will go to and the new CCM feature is one to love. CCM gives you the ability to really get in-depth and involved with your team and the players associated to it. Off-season tasks have been done over and given a much more in-depth feel and reallyBy far this is the BEST Madden game in recent years. The strides made in the online and offline franchises have illustrated the depth that Madden will go to and the new CCM feature is one to love. CCM gives you the ability to really get in-depth and involved with your team and the players associated to it. Off-season tasks have been done over and given a much more in-depth feel and really makes you feel as tho you are the GM of the team and running the team and can put it in the direction that you want. Being a head coach with the goals attachment and being able to scout players instead of just being given ratings makes it much better to find "that Tom Brady" hidden gem in the late rounds. Having played Madden since 1995 this is absolutely the best Madden done and have thoroughly enjoyed playing it so far and can't wait to see the strides made in the future for this game. However, for years we have hopes for strides in the franchise mode and EA has given us that this year and a far superior product than has been given in the past. Expand
  33. Aug 31, 2012
    Best Madden to come out for 360. Yeah, I know, no co-op Franchise mode (which sucked anyway) and another thing. I'm sick to death about hearing how great NFL2k5 was! Plug that $19.95 "new" game in your old ps2 or xbox and tell me how fantastic it is compared to any Madden on 7th gen consoles (except 06 McNabb version). I really think this game is an eight-nine overall it just needs to beBest Madden to come out for 360. Yeah, I know, no co-op Franchise mode (which sucked anyway) and another thing. I'm sick to death about hearing how great NFL2k5 was! Plug that $19.95 "new" game in your old ps2 or xbox and tell me how fantastic it is compared to any Madden on 7th gen consoles (except 06 McNabb version). I really think this game is an eight-nine overall it just needs to be polished. If you really think 2k would do a better job look at that god-awful baseball game they make every year. Franchise mode is now coach mode on CCM and you can develop players to the way you like them to be developed with XP and countless other options to do as well. Hell, I can even manage my team off my phone...that's a big leap forward!

Is it perfect, no! The new engine is awesome but it does need to be cleaned up after plays (minor issue since the ball is dead anyway). I would like EA to do away with some of the old stadium "score" animations but it is really picky stuff at this point. EA should be applauded for at least making a step in the right direction for once. In my opinion, sometimes you do not have change anything to make it better (QB Vision 05) and it will still be great. They just gave people more options this year with CCM and if you complain you just have not invested the time in it yet.

I gave this game a 10, it's not a ten, it's more of an 8.5. I only gave it a 10 rating because people will get on this review list and give it a 1 because they got whipped by the Browns and cannot throw for 600 yrds a game anymore. If you do not like it, do not buy it. I'm sure there is a pawn shop near you where you can get a old NES and plug Tecmo Bowl in and run zig-zags with Bo Jackson all day. Maybe you can trade this Madden copy in for a ps2 and a copy of NFL2k5 for it, straight up!
  34. Aug 30, 2012
    While Madden 13 isn't a perfect game, it is easily the best Madden on this generation of consoles. In my opinion, Madden has always done a good job creating a game that LOOKED like the NFL. This year, for the first time since Madden 05, the off the field part of the NFL is represented in a realistic way. On the field, the game play is far more spontaneous than in years past.

Many people

Many people seem to be missing something that I feel is very important. The move to turn various game modes (Offline Franchise, Online Franchise, Superstar) into one common mode (Connected Careers) was brilliant in my opinion. By pushing this mode online, it gives the team the ability to react to issues quickly. As part of the EA SPORTS Game Changer program, I realize that I pay attention to bugs and issues far more than the average gamer, but I also think that the average consumer would benefit by understanding the though process behind the change. Since launch (less than 4 days ago as of this review), EA SPORTS has managed to fix two issues that impacted my gaming experience. With the push toward online, waiting months for a console patch is made obsolete in many instances.

This wouldn't be an honest review without mentioning that there are some features from previous versions of Madden that were not implemented in Madden 13 due to the aforementioned change. If fantasy draft, player editing, or playing franchise side- by-side on your couch are central to your enjoyment of Madden, please be aware these features are not in Madden 13.

Like I said initially, Madden 13 isn't a perfect game, but it is a very, very good game. If you are reading these reviews you obviously are looking for something to help guide your buying decision. In my opinion, if you enjoy the NFL and want a football game that will allow you to play the game you see on Sunday AND the issues I mentioned earlier aren't central to how you plan to play, you will enjoy Madden 13.
  35. Sep 6, 2012
    Awesome!! The best Madden I have ever played, it feels like watching Monday night football. I love the new connected mode. This game play has improved tremendously
  36. Nov 5, 2012
    This is the best Madden ever. The physics engine is amazing. No complaints. Even the fact that the greatest athletes in the world clumsily stumble over each other after plays is silly, but hilarious.
  37. Oct 2, 2012
    I still can't tell if this game is amazing or not. It's absolutely better than last years, which was pretty good, but I can't tell if they are really trying hard or not. The engine is really incredible, but after that I really don't see anything special. Rent it, play the hell out of it, and move on.
  38. Nov 19, 2012
    Best Damn madden game yet it is so fun. The graphics are great. The new intro is a nice touch. There are a few bad things like no franchise mode which sucks but it is easy to get over, just grab a piece of paper and write a 16 game schedule. Patriots fan 4 life
  39. Jan 1, 2013
    I played Madden 10 and that alone. That game was incredible, I loved it and how all the tackles were pre determined there was about a mixture of 7 different animations for running backs/qbs/linebackers and as soon as you saw one you either cried or cheered (the best one was the rb spinning/running forward for about 5 yards where noone could end the run). Anyway, back to madden 13. I thinkI played Madden 10 and that alone. That game was incredible, I loved it and how all the tackles were pre determined there was about a mixture of 7 different animations for running backs/qbs/linebackers and as soon as you saw one you either cried or cheered (the best one was the rb spinning/running forward for about 5 yards where noone could end the run). Anyway, back to madden 13. I think it is a solid game, a stunner in graphics/atmosphere/gameplay. I've always been playing madden for exhibition matches really, that's all I come for and I can tell you it is the best so far. The new physics engines make the tackling so realistic and every tackle is different, it feels more realistic, the new ball physics are not retarded for once and everything just works. If you want to play an up-to-date football game with incredible, realistic gameplay, this game is for you. Expand
  40. Sep 11, 2012
    I wish people actually made reviews instead of just complaining about a feature they don't understand or one thing thats gone. People are abusing the 0 rating all over a feature and not the overall game & game-play. They're trying to patch in roster editing by October. I'm a huge Madden critic but this Madden is for more tolerable than I expected. The Infinity Engine makes a hugeI wish people actually made reviews instead of just complaining about a feature they don't understand or one thing thats gone. People are abusing the 0 rating all over a feature and not the overall game & game-play. They're trying to patch in roster editing by October. I'm a huge Madden critic but this Madden is for more tolerable than I expected. The Infinity Engine makes a huge difference. Now my contact actually matters on every single play. Gone are the days of seeing an animation take place and having your interaction have little to absolutely NO effect. The suction problems of the past are gone as well.

There are so many noticeable changes for the better. LBs finally get the majority of tackles and the great ones make the tough tackles. DTs don't dominate in sacking like they used to, overall, every position seems to play better and as they're supposed to and the better players at the position actually dominate better too.

There are so many significant game-play changes I don't see how anyone can go back to any previous next gen Madden. Contact actually matters, DBs play the ball alot more realistically, passes over the middle aren't automatic LB INTs, players play to their strengths waaay better, it's just an a huge step up. I hate that editing isn't in the game YET, but the game-play is far superior to the last Maddens. Now, do I honestly think this new CCM was worth the loses, not really but it will improve, and quicker than some think. But the overall game-play this year makes up for a lot.
  41. Sep 3, 2012
    Okay, as a longtime Madden buyer who has skipped several of the last few years' releases (except last year I got used a few months ago) and was going to skip this year too unless there were significant changes, I got a bit curious after hearing about the new physics system. So I bought it and have tried it for 3 days now. There's a lot of fine-tuning that could be done to improve it, butOkay, as a longtime Madden buyer who has skipped several of the last few years' releases (except last year I got used a few months ago) and was going to skip this year too unless there were significant changes, I got a bit curious after hearing about the new physics system. So I bought it and have tried it for 3 days now. There's a lot of fine-tuning that could be done to improve it, but in fairness the new physics system by itself is worth the purchase in my humble opinion. It enhances the gameplay substantially. There are lots of other changes but I haven't had time to determine if they are substantial or not. So I may revise this review later. If you're on the fence whether to buy --- look, I've nearly boycotted this game for being stagnant for too many years. But the physics engine makes this one worth buying. I guess we all should thank "Backbreaker" for forcing the lazy and complacent Madden team to improve this game in a significant way. Expand
  42. Sep 5, 2012
    This years madden is a huge step in the right direction for the franchise. The game play has improved, the new engine the game uses is a huge addition to the series.

The online games, franchises, leagues as connected career is a huge addition as well. This game is eating up my game time again. I would love to be able to edit my players inside of the connected career franchise I am

I would love to be able to edit my players inside of the connected career franchise I am part of but havent been able to yet.

Main thing about this game is that it is fun to play again, it has actual depth to it. The positives far outweigh the negatives when it comes to Madden 13, I am very happy with this game and can see playing it a full year until the next version comes out in August of 2013.
  43. Sep 5, 2012
    This game does have franchise mode!!! Its called Coach Mode, but it is Franchise Mode. I dont see how people cannot see that this is franchise mode. The game is fun, its not the same football game as last years. I love CC, its a great mode!!!
  44. Sep 6, 2012
    Great game, love the Infinity engine. Franchise mode has been replaced by CCM mode which in my opinion gives the game an even more authentic and in-depth Head Coach/ GM feel as your team truly can be managed to your liking in nearly every aspect, so much more in-detail than previous years, this feature is truly going to change sports gaming franchise modes. No the game is not perfect butGreat game, love the Infinity engine. Franchise mode has been replaced by CCM mode which in my opinion gives the game an even more authentic and in-depth Head Coach/ GM feel as your team truly can be managed to your liking in nearly every aspect, so much more in-detail than previous years, this feature is truly going to change sports gaming franchise modes. No the game is not perfect but is head and shoulders above any previous years of Madden. There is no "Fantasy Draft" mode, but who plays that anyway? Gaming is shifting more towards online franchises and it's great that EA is recognizing that.with their "online madden careers" website which gives you full user control over your cell phone or on the computer. Very impressed by the jump Madden has made from 12 to 13. Expand
  45. Sep 19, 2012
    Cons: No trax/music, no mini-games (practice drills and all), can't watch plays when on the bench (in career mode), the demo is horrible (don't judge the game by the demo, especially when it comes to graphics, it doesn't do it justice). Pros: The gameplay is excellent!! Connected careers is fun, the RPG elements add a lot to the game and make practice sessions more relevant.

All in all

All in all Madden 13 is the best Madden ever when it comes to gameplay. Graphics are nice thanks to a brand new engine and arguably superior to Madden 12 but also lacking details here and there (that will be addressed in Madden 14 I'm sure). Connected career gives you a more fun experience than Superstar and Franchise modes but some features were lost... As a result, Madden 13 comes with less content but is a much more solid football game than its predecessors. I'm new to Madden. I played Madden 10, 11, 12 and 13. Madden 13 is by far my favourite of them all. Bring back practice drills, music, watching from the bench and improve the graphics details and Madden 14 will be perfect.
  46. Sep 20, 2012
    This is really this best Madden since 09 and 10. There's so much to do between coach mode, player, online and Ultimate Team. I've been playing this game everyday since the 28th and I'm not even close to being bored yet. Fantasy draft will be included in an update soon and a few other things for all those complaining. Game is worth the money, go out and buy it now !
  47. Nov 3, 2012
    If there's one thing I can say about this game, its that this year's Madden is amazing. I loved playing Madden NFL 12, playing as my beloved Jets and winning the Super Bowl, knowing that it would never happen in real life. But suddenly after the NFL season ended, I kinda drifted away from Madden, as NHL 12 took all of my attention, playing as my Devils. But Madden NFL 13 has me confidentIf there's one thing I can say about this game, its that this year's Madden is amazing. I loved playing Madden NFL 12, playing as my beloved Jets and winning the Super Bowl, knowing that it would never happen in real life. But suddenly after the NFL season ended, I kinda drifted away from Madden, as NHL 12 took all of my attention, playing as my Devils. But Madden NFL 13 has me confident that I will play until Madden NFL 14. I have played a lot of NHL 13, so I didn't get to play so much Madden so far this year, but when do play, its a blast. New commentary, presentation, gameplay tweaks, and new modes make this so much fun. And, the game is much more difficult than last years, as in Franchise mode I went 16-0 Super Bowl Champs, but in 13, I went 12-4, Super Bowl Champs. And I barely made the SB, only beating the Chiefs by 2 points! Overall, Madden 13 is a great game. I am one season into Connected Careers, and thats a blast too. Easily recommended pick up if you like football Expand
  48. Nov 9, 2012
    This is the best Madden on the current gen consoles but that is not saying much. EA took huge strides this year with the infinity engine and new connected careers mode and I commend them for it. The gameplay is the best it's ever been but connected careers online and off has many issues and was a reach that in my opinion failed.
  49. Dec 9, 2012
    A lot of fun. So excited when I got it. I got an Xbox 360 just for this game and it was worth it. Great game. Good engine. The reason im not giving it 10, is because there is still a lot that needs to be worked out. I think its definitely worth it.
  50. Oct 23, 2013
    Madden is going in a good direction i would definitely say. the new physics engine allows for much more realistic and entertaining football games. The tackles are cleaner, the passing is more fun and lively, and the running just feels more fluent. The franchise mode has much to offer in managing a team to make it feel like your managing a real football team. My only 2 complaint would beMadden is going in a good direction i would definitely say. the new physics engine allows for much more realistic and entertaining football games. The tackles are cleaner, the passing is more fun and lively, and the running just feels more fluent. The franchise mode has much to offer in managing a team to make it feel like your managing a real football team. My only 2 complaint would be the interface and no in game character customization. Although it does have gameface, it's very annoying having to make a character on the computer and import it into madden. Its probably easier to customize on PC, its just a hassle that not everyone has the luxury to be able to due. And the interface is not bad, I just personally have a problem with it. Overall though, great game. Expand
  51. Aug 4, 2013
    It is actually better than I first thought. It arguably could be the best Madden yet. The graphics are clear, the gameplay is real, the my player mode and my coach mode (franchise mode) is outstanding. Although I'm upset they took out the classic Create-A-Team, Madden 13 is certainly a great game.
  52. Oct 12, 2013
    This Madden game is probably the best in a few years, introducing some new features, tweaking glitches, and making it more and more fun each year. This year they helped out the franchise, changing it to connected careers mode (which is alot of fun) and has always been. The Ultimate Team stayed relatively the same, but they did update those normal things, to make it better. They've added toThis Madden game is probably the best in a few years, introducing some new features, tweaking glitches, and making it more and more fun each year. This year they helped out the franchise, changing it to connected careers mode (which is alot of fun) and has always been. The Ultimate Team stayed relatively the same, but they did update those normal things, to make it better. They've added to Madden Moments Live, by having more and more each week. This is a great game if you're a big Madden/football (American) fan. Expand
  53. Oct 31, 2013
    It's not at all surprising that my score is higher than the averaged user score considering that this is the first Madden game I bought since 2007 believe it or not. The transitional improvements if you will probably will seem more gradual to people who buy the game every year or even every other year or so. A 6 year gap puts me behind enough to the point where I could probably be veryIt's not at all surprising that my score is higher than the averaged user score considering that this is the first Madden game I bought since 2007 believe it or not. The transitional improvements if you will probably will seem more gradual to people who buy the game every year or even every other year or so. A 6 year gap puts me behind enough to the point where I could probably be very impressed even without the new infinity physics engine, so I might be overreacting here. The realism it provides may even very much so impress people who owned last year's madden anyway, so, my gap in between years could be pointless to mention for that matter.

Needless to say, the physics engine does more than just make the game LOOK more realistic. It makes you play football smarter and tests your reflexes like it would an actual ball carrier running up the middle of the field in between huge 350 lb offensive linemen. Offensive linemen will be in your way sometimes. It could be a matter of whether or not you react fast enough to jump over a downed defender so you don't stumble over him. This in turn makes the running game more difficult, but it's realistic and will give you more of a challenge when deciding to run the ball for gains.

What's not realistic though, which happens to make the passing game more much more difficult than it has been in previous years, is the likelihood/frequency of the interceptions in this game. On the default settings, (which is how the game is when you first buy it,) defensive backs, (and sometimes linebackers,) are SO prepared before the snap that it's as if they know where your receiver is going to run ahead of time. Even with the total control passing that was seemingly boasted about but hardly at all explained, you absolutely can NOT throw the ball over the coverage in this game. In fact, the interceptions are so common in this game that your receivers, (even with inside positioning), will sometimes deviate from their route and allow the defensive back or linebacker to step in and pick off your pass. This is no joke. I even have seen a linebacker partially move THROUGH my running back and pick off my pass which completely contradicts the new physics engine all together. Luckily for us gamers who want a much more realistic, reasonable football gaming experience, the difficulty sliders can be adjusted to your liking.

Once the game plays out how you want it to, there's not much to complain about here. Sure, the physics engine is not visually perfect by any means, but, it's the first year for this. EA has plenty of time to polish and fix any and all bugs seen in the game such as players stomping on others after the play, ball carriers holding the ball behind their back awkwardly while being tackle, and more, like they should. Like some others have said, it's a step in the right direction.

Full disclosure, this game is NOT missing a franchise mode like some others have said. Franchise mode along with a few other features have been "funneled" in Connected Careers, where you can control a coach or player. By controlling the coach, you play out the games of the season like you normally would in previous maddens, (you just have more control over the head coach is all.)

The commentary may seem a bit repetitive for the most part, but I've played the game well over a dozen times by now probably and STILL occasionally hear Sims and Nantz say things I've never heard before. Some may complain that they may contradict each other or conflict with what just happened on the field, but, like the physics engine, it needs to be POLISHED. Don't fix what isn't broken, just polish or tune up what's working for the most part but is just shy of flawless.

There is enough to enjoy in Madden 13 that 25 shouldn't even be considered until it's perhaps half price. "Get more bang for your buck" as some people might say. You should bang more than you miss so to speak, and hopefully when you do miss or see misses, they aren't so far off that they counter everything else that is enjoyed or positive.
  54. Dec 21, 2013
    Madden NFL 13 is a strong entry in the Madden franchise. Thanks to a new physics engine, the game feels and looks more realistic than any previous entry.
  55. Jan 3, 2014
    Madden 13 is great for picking-up-and-playing, especially Practice Mode. As a matter of fact, all I've played lately is Practice Mode. Overall though, the graphics are realistic, the motion is believable, and the new Infinity Engine works well. The only drawback is the Trade Players function, which won't let you trade some players between teams because of the salary cap, even if thoseMadden 13 is great for picking-up-and-playing, especially Practice Mode. As a matter of fact, all I've played lately is Practice Mode. Overall though, the graphics are realistic, the motion is believable, and the new Infinity Engine works well. The only drawback is the Trade Players function, which won't let you trade some players between teams because of the salary cap, even if those players were traded in real life. I'm sure that rosters are updated automatically if you have X-Box Live, but if you don't, this can be a pain. Expand

We can't wait to see what next year holds. [Dec 2012, p.97]
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    Madden 13 marks a vast improvement over the past few Maddens. The first one in a while. [Dec 2012]
  3. Oct 24, 2012
    A good pick-up for sports fans who like a side-order of tactics with their neck-snapping violence. [Dec 2012, p.90]