5.5

1. Aug 27, 2013
    is there a point to having user reviews when people that don't like the franchise can ruin it's score by giving it a 3 or a 5, anyway this is the best madden to date, they fine tuned the settings so i can actually have a competitive game on all madden difficulty, thanks cause i usually dominate on all madden difficulty.
  2. QJB
    Aug 29, 2013
    Madden 25 is one of the greatest installments of Madden out there. The Infinity engine has improved with the addition of Infinity Engine 2.0. Owner Mode and Ultimate Team will keep you busy for many hours especially if you are gaming with friends or people that you know. The gameplay is fun but can be frustrating at times as the game is not perfect. Zone coverage/player awareness are two of the biggest issues for me along with the running game/blocking being somewhat overpowered even though the precision modifier was a great idea. I wish they gave more of a variety of camera angles when you are playing in connected franchise player mode along with more depth such as combine, pro day, draft, drills etc.

The Good -

The Bad -
    Zone Coverage
    Player Awareness
    Blocking/Running Overpowered

I gave Madden 25 a 9/10 because it is one of the best Madden Football games that I have played. We are coming to the end of this generation of gaming and I feel as if they have done all that it possible with the Xbox 360 and the PS3. I am looking forward to next generation and the bar will have to be raised a lot higher especially on the next installment of Madden after this transition period. I would recommend this game to any football/madden fan for the overall fun factor and wow moments in the game along with Owner Mode and Ultimate Team.
  3. Aug 27, 2013
    This is, without a doubt, the best madden game to date. Yes Madden 2005 was great in its own way, but Madden 25 is so real it surpasses that. Not to mention the great Madden Ultimate Team mode and all of the legends available to play as in connected careers such as Randall Cunningham and Isaac Bruce.
  4. Aug 28, 2013
    Best Madden game I've ever played, not even close. The gameplay is the best it has ever been and the connected careers mode is so deep. It's terrific, definite must-buy and a pleasant surprise after plating NCAA 14.
  5. Aug 30, 2013
    Madden 25 is one of the most in depth football games I've laid my hands on yet! With the brand new infinity engine 2.0, your going to see a huge improvement with the gameplay.

Along side with the gameplay this game has improved most of its game modes as well. For those who like realistic football, this years madden allows you to do owners mode. By doing owners mode you are given the
    power to do what a typical owner does, from choosing ticket prices to deciding how much you want to charge for your teams jersey and more!!!! Make trades, hire new staff sign free agents and take the field to see how your team shapes out to be against the rest of the 31 teams in the league. Tired of the location of your team? This game mode allows you to relocate your team and pick a brand new name/jersey and stadium for them.

Overall Owners mode is going to keep you occupied for most of the time but if not, you also have the choice of playing ultimate team. More cards have been added into this mode and not to mention a brand new "head-to-head' season. In this mode you will compete with the community online to see who has the best team in madden. Almost forgot to mention, in ultimate team this year there is a brand new chemistry feature. Whether you want your team to be a long Pass to any of the other 8 team chemistry's, this feature separates your team from others and gives you more of a challenge to make sure your players will work with each other. Challenge is always good!!!

Madden 25 has done a good job this year but there are still some room for improvement. Overall, its a must buy for all you football and sports fans out there!
  6. Aug 28, 2013
    So sick of the haters. They all need a hard tackle to the face. They're mad that it's like last year,.. being that it's a FOOTBALL GAME again? Yes, in Madden 25 a bunch of guys line up, you push a button to hike the ball, and they run and fall over and stuff "just like last year"... Seriously how much do they expect it to change? Were they hoping for a 1st person football RPG or something? Fantasy Football MMO? Just shut up with the innovation and change argument, it's not as relevant to an iterative sports sim as other game genres. A franchise like this succeeds and improves for 25 years because it's continually delivered something the people love and stays committed to its core audience. And the core is this does it deliver a bad-ass football gaming experience, striking that golden balance between playability and realism? (you want realism, hit the locker room) Does it allow you to socialize great memories with your football buds? does it enhance your enjoyment of the football season overall? and does it deliver WAYYY more entertainment at $60 than that amount would through the actual NFL? You bet. Thank you EA Sports. I knew what I was in for when I went to see Iron Man 3, when I read Game of Thrones 5, when I downloaded Green Day's latest, and when I went to Hooters to watch the game. I expected them to provide the same fun I've come to know them for. And so does Madden 25. Don't ever change, cuz you're bad-ass. Game on. Expand
  7. Aug 31, 2013
    Generally people who do not like the Franchise are those who are terrible at it. They cannot handle the the audibles, adjustments, and common football knowledge that Madden has incorporated. Maybe they should try "one button" controls in NCAA. Physics are becoming more and more legit. Floating secondaries force you to read the defense rather than throwing deep all of the time. Plenty of quitters who turn the ball over 7 times per half as a result. Connected careers are deep and thorough. Madden also gives you complete control on offense and defense with the use of the Left Trigger and various buttons and stick controls. Definitely changes the dynamic of the game. Its a shame that people who give this game low rating are those who are fans by association with football. They do not understand the principles of the game, and when EA tries to incorporate these principles in order to win people get pissed and claim its too hard or flawed. These same haters go back to the NFL 2K5 argument. 2K definitely brought a new dynamic to the gaming industry, but lost it quickly when Madden caught up within 2-3 years and blew them out of the water. The game play became old and stale, and couldn't even keep up with EA's Arena Football games. 2K was a great game for those who didn't understand football, wanted to play a football game that didn't require any skill. Throw up hail mary's all game, allow the computer to play defense, and adjust settings to kick 70 yard field goal. It was a great game for people who like to dress up in their teams colors, cheer because everyone else is, and pretend to be a die hard fan of the game...at the end of the day you fanboys are fans by association. Do yourselves a favor and stop giving crappy reviews on games that your crappy at. Just because you suck at it, doesn't make it a bad game...it just makes you a bad gamer. Stick to magnetic football...you probably have a greater chance of succeeding at it. Expand
  8. Sep 20, 2013
    Best madden since 2004. no im not lying... Its ok to buy Madden again. Gameplay is the best so far this generation. However i did find the if my DB catches an interception towards to sideline even with both feet in they'll rule as an incomplete pass. Nothing major but could be costly in a tight game. Im just gonna leave you guys with this.. OWNER MODE...
  9. Oct 6, 2013
    Not without bugs and glitches, but the best Madden yet. And a load of fun if you love football.

I don't know if there's a more polarizing game. A lot of people love Madden so much they want it to be a certain, and only that way. "It's a thin line between love and hate. If you're not one of those people, Madden 25 delivers an lot a enjoyment and can teach you much about the real game
    of NFL football. If, however, you think you know it all already and your mission is to "school" others less all-knowing, then you certainly know this game is not for you. It's also not for you if you're expecting the ultimate in simulation realism. Such a game doesn't exist. What Madden25 offers is great presentation and enough realism to make it believable and immersive. (Until you play ti so much that it isn't any more every other video game.) Expand
  10. Nov 11, 2013
    Really good game. It is similar to Madden 13, but it made a lot of improvements. It ocassionally freezes, but it is a great game. I also think that the players are a little slow, but that isn't a big issue.
  11. Nov 19, 2013
    The Madden 25 was awesome graphics and had a lot of awesome expansions and the old ones did not that I played 08 and 09 has simulations of the Super Bowl. The players look almost real. people should go to store and get it. you will be impressed by again I guarantee it. I think the best football game and one of the best games for the Xbox 360. It is a four player and is a good family game. if you questions about controlling they are the same the starting of the game just a little different but you get the hang of it it's almost the same as the old ones Expand

1. A creaking but stellar current-gen send-off. [Dec 2013, p.91]
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    All in all, Madden 25 is a decent, if not revolutionary sign-off for the franchise for this generation of consoles, and no doubt we’ll see it continue on the Xbox One and PS4. While it would have been nice if they’d played up the nostalgia a bit more (like they did with NHL 14), it’s a fine game of football.
  3. Sep 20, 2013
    Madden NFL 25 tweaks the hell out of the franchise and brings a few new things to the table to make any football gaming fan happy.