Mafia II Xbox 360

7.7

1. Apr 9, 2013
    It's ok, I guess. Some times I felt I shoudl be playing something else, though. The story is so short. For games like this, the campaign should be extensive, lush and brimming with life. It's just oka
  2. Jun 1, 2012
    I expected more. The game feels rushed even tho it had 8 years between release and part 1. The story is good (except for the ending) and the characters are great! The gameplay is a letdown tho. The driving is boring and gets repetitive. The game sends you from one part of the map to another to see a cutscene and then drive to another etc. It feels like it just wants to drag out someI expected more. The game feels rushed even tho it had 8 years between release and part 1. The story is good (except for the ending) and the characters are great! The gameplay is a letdown tho. The driving is boring and gets repetitive. The game sends you from one part of the map to another to see a cutscene and then drive to another etc. It feels like it just wants to drag out some playtime. But it is boring, since you can't do anything while driving. The town feels generic, The people are all clones of each other, the AI of cops and population is beyond horrible. There are no sidemission or anything to do besides the Storyline. There is no free-ride mode. No eastereggs (besides the posters/magazines which are... dull). It just felt like the game had much more potential. The city is empty and uncharitably, which makes all the driving a torture. Then again, The graphics are good, the story is and the voiceacting was also great! Only buy if you can handle very basic, extremely linear gameplay. And don't expect any freedom, this is not a sandboxgame or an open city or anything like that. You can't compare it to GTA4. Compare the city to, say L.A. Noire. Expand
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    I've just copied and pasted YogibBear's review because it was so spot on........"Absolutely stunning engine, and gun mechanics. Great atmosphere. Ruined by terrible gameplay and boring plot with missions design that is severely limiting. I don't know what happened with this game, but it had the potential to be amazing and it fell flat on its face with bad level design, bad characters, badI've just copied and pasted YogibBear's review because it was so spot on........"Absolutely stunning engine, and gun mechanics. Great atmosphere. Ruined by terrible gameplay and boring plot with missions design that is severely limiting. I don't know what happened with this game, but it had the potential to be amazing and it fell flat on its face with bad level design, bad characters, bad plotline, bad missions, and relentless linearity and tunneling when it came to execution that screamed "I am a video game and thou shall play me exactly as I say, press A to win, don't press B else I'll tell you off".." - He's hit the nail on the head, the world is simply stunning and so rich that you can't help but be blown away by it, but the game as a whole is lame. I put Vice City on after playing this and within seconds it became clear just how much sandbox games have de-volved into borefests. Expand
  4. Sep 12, 2013
    I actually preferred the first game to this one. Mafia 2 is bigger, has better graphics and a stronger story, but where it suffers is in its gameplay.

Mafia 2 is meant to be an open world game, yet it feels like you are on rails most of the time. The main story id VERY good and excellently executed, but side missions are almost non-existent. and exploration feels pointless (old playboy cover collectibles are not much of an incentive when you consider how much "better" content is available online.)

Overall:
    Mafia 2 does try to be better than the first game, and for the most part it does that successfully. But, as a game it feels a bit limp and feels more like you are traveling from one cut scene to the next. I can understand that many people will like this, but I didn't.
  5. Apr 28, 2013
    This game shouldn't be called a open world game.The entire game you have to beat the story and if you explore a red line appears at the bottom and never leaves.The controls are also horrible.The game is okay but only if you rent it.
  6. Nov 28, 2011
    Absolutely stunning engine, and gun mechanics. Great atmosphere. Ruined by terrible gameplay and boring plot with missions design that is severly limiting. I don't know what happened with this game, but it had the potential to be amazing and it fell flat on its face with bad level design, bad characters, bad plotline, bad missions, and relentless linearity and tunnelling when it came toAbsolutely stunning engine, and gun mechanics. Great atmosphere. Ruined by terrible gameplay and boring plot with missions design that is severly limiting. I don't know what happened with this game, but it had the potential to be amazing and it fell flat on its face with bad level design, bad characters, bad plotline, bad missions, and relentless linearity and tunnelling when it came to execution that screamed "I am a video game and thou shall play me exactly as I say, press A to win, don't press B else I'll tell you off". Yet the original Mafia 1 was a much freer experience and was all the more better for it. If Mafia 1 was set in Mafia 2's engine with Mafia 2's gun mechanics it would be an 11. Sadly it wasn't to be. Expand
  7. Aug 24, 2010
    Although Mafia 2 has been anticipated and will obviously do well I have to ask myself why. Having played through the first and made the obvious comparison with the Godfather competition I cant really see any redeeming qualities that make the game stand out. Yes it is linear and of course this hold true to it being a story driven FPS rather than a Sandbox that kind of rings through in itsAlthough Mafia 2 has been anticipated and will obviously do well I have to ask myself why. Having played through the first and made the obvious comparison with the Godfather competition I cant really see any redeeming qualities that make the game stand out. Yes it is linear and of course this hold true to it being a story driven FPS rather than a Sandbox that kind of rings through in its portrayal and hype surrounding its release. Although I wasnt expecting it to be so much sandbox and GTA style unless they were really going to remove themselves from how the first game played out, I would have expected some more depth and scope to actually play as a character that had a wide range of choices and could move freely around his environment with something to do rather than live out a one dimensional story line.

But hey, linear is not always bad....unless you were really expecting something different. So here I am to tell you done and you wont be disappointed.

However the game really has nothing more to offer than the same graphics, gun play and some witty dialogue if you can be bothered not skipping the ever so endless, and I mean every time you fart or want to take a **** up pops some more dialogue. God seems like you cant take a dump without the game wanting to tell you some back story about wiping you ass. If you into that then hey enjoy.

Overall the game does nothing to move the genre ahead, offers nothing more than some reasonable game play and dialogue, but with so much more that could be done with consoles, and PC's alike, none of the new game titles are pushing anything ahead. Yet they just seem to be treading water and offering a graphics upgrade.

If your bored and have the extra cash by all means go ahead and buy the game, but dont expect anything new, exciting or markedly different. It all been done before. Nothing new to offer.
  8. Aug 27, 2010
    Never before in my life have I ever been so amazed at a games story but so horribly disappointed at the finished result. Let me first start with the great things this game contains : An amazing storyline; I was so compelled by the story. I couldn't wait to finish each mission so that I could start the next's cutscene. I swear this game's cutscenes are of the highest cinematic quality outNever before in my life have I ever been so amazed at a games story but so horribly disappointed at the finished result. Let me first start with the great things this game contains : An amazing storyline; I was so compelled by the story. I couldn't wait to finish each mission so that I could start the next's cutscene. I swear this game's cutscenes are of the highest cinematic quality out of any game Ive ever played. The graphics look beautiful, even on the aging 360. Car handling is realistic and fun. Now onto the negative: Maybe this was just me, but when a game looks and feels like GTA i expect the same type of gameplay. Let me start off the negatives with a news flash to everyone - THE GAME HAS NO MULTIPLAYER, NO FREEROAM AFTER THE FINAL MISSION, THERE ARE NO CHEATS EVEN AFTER THE GAME IS OVER, AND THE QUALITIES THAT MAKE GTA GAMES FUN IS LACKING IN THIS ONE. Now that Ive gotten that off my chest I can continue and explain. What makes GTA fun? Is it the endless possibilities to do after (or during) the main story? Is is the fun car chases? The massive cop battles? If your answer was yes to any of these things youre going to be disappointed. The only extra things to do in Mafia II DURING missions are driving around exploring the landscape, robbing stores, and stealing cars. All three are useless during the story since you are given ample amount of money and ammo on your countless weapons. Being wanted by the police is fun untill you get in a car chance with you and are shooting you out of their car's window at 80 MPH with a shotgun and getting 1 or 2 hit kills on you, or when youre trying to get back to your house when wanted and there is a cop around every corner. Over all I think this game is very incomplete. Give it cheats, give me more to do and give me a god damned free roam mode in the DLC and all for under 10$ I refuse to spend 80$ on a game that should only cost 65$ Expand
  9. Dec 28, 2014
    For a game about being a gangster in the 1950s, you seem to spend an inordinately long time driving around the pleasantly detailed city in classic cars. And with no ability to save the game when you feel like wandering off and enjoying the city you are largely confined to the staggeringly short story of 15 so-called missions of which a third are glorified cut scenes and the others largelyFor a game about being a gangster in the 1950s, you seem to spend an inordinately long time driving around the pleasantly detailed city in classic cars. And with no ability to save the game when you feel like wandering off and enjoying the city you are largely confined to the staggeringly short story of 15 so-called missions of which a third are glorified cut scenes and the others largely involve driving and/or creeping around. Perhaps the game would have been better titled "casual taxi driver prone to very occasional use of firearms." Expand
  10. Aug 24, 2010
    Mafia 2 is presentation is top notch! While it's overall gameplay and and controls, leave much to be desired. This game is very story driven and if you just want to dive into a great mob story, this is the game for you. If you are one of those people who really want to take in everything you can get out of your sandbox games, well... it isn't here! They story and acting in Mafia II is onMafia 2 is presentation is top notch! While it's overall gameplay and and controls, leave much to be desired. This game is very story driven and if you just want to dive into a great mob story, this is the game for you. If you are one of those people who really want to take in everything you can get out of your sandbox games, well... it isn't here! They story and acting in Mafia II is on par with about any mobster movie I can think of. Actually in some cases better! All the characters are interesting and all have a distinct persona to all of them. Also the fictional New York City is quite a beauty to behold at times. However, where the game falls is from a lot of bad gameplay choices. 1. There are NO SIDE MISSIONS IN THE GAME. 2. You will send about 65% of your time in this game just driving from point A to point B! Very annoying! 3. The controls could have been more modernized for today's cover to cover shooters. Instead they feel awkward, but you will grow used to them. Overall I had a lot of fun with Mafia II and I really enjoyed the story, I just wish I actually got to play more of it and have more stuff to do rather than just driving around all day! I can only recommend this game as a rental! And make sure you get it on the 360 if you can, the PS3 version doesn't have much blood and the graphics are toned down a little. Hope you enjoyed. Expand
  11. Aug 26, 2010
    Mafia 2 is a great, but imperfect game. On the plus side, this game has an amazing story of friendship and crime. On the negative side, the game is full of bugs and the gameplay is pretty generic, but not bad. There are points in this game that are frustrating as hell but that is because of the broken checkpoint system that will make you loose 20 minutes of game time because you get killedMafia 2 is a great, but imperfect game. On the plus side, this game has an amazing story of friendship and crime. On the negative side, the game is full of bugs and the gameplay is pretty generic, but not bad. There are points in this game that are frustrating as hell but that is because of the broken checkpoint system that will make you loose 20 minutes of game time because you get killed by the imperfect cover system.

The games characters are pretty much ripped off of the film "Goodfellas" which is not a bad thing at all. Your character Vito is Ray Liotta, Joey is Joe Pesci, and Henry gets killed by a pack of angry asians.

In the end it comes to the fact that the game is good, really good at points. But that doesnt make up for the lackluster cover system, myraid of glitches and generic gameplay. All in all, give this game a rent because without the amazing story, this game would suck.
  12. Aug 30, 2010
    Like all the other reviews state, this is NOT a GTA clone. It is less of a sandbox game, and more of a third person shooter with an open world. You will not want to explore the world, because there is nothing to be found. Anything of interest can be found on your minimap. That being said, Mafia 2 is a really fun game, with a great story. You will have a great time playing through theLike all the other reviews state, this is NOT a GTA clone. It is less of a sandbox game, and more of a third person shooter with an open world. You will not want to explore the world, because there is nothing to be found. Anything of interest can be found on your minimap. That being said, Mafia 2 is a really fun game, with a great story. You will have a great time playing through the missions, although some do get repetitive. You might find yourself bored after a while if you have a short attention span, but for the most part, the missions are fun. The main complaint I have against this game is the length and replay value. This game will take you roughly 12 hours to complete, but after you beat the game, there is really no reason to restart. I would HIGHLY recommend renting Mafia 2 for its great story, and fairly fun gameplay, but I would NOT buy it, simply for the fact that is short, and has very little replay value. Expand
  13. Aug 31, 2010
    This game has an excellent story and decent graphics. It does well making you care about the characters involved. However like other reviewers have commented, there is not much to do when you are playing. Once the story is over, there is not world to play around and do things in. It doesn't have a high replay value but it is worth it to play through. At the very least rent this and playThis game has an excellent story and decent graphics. It does well making you care about the characters involved. However like other reviewers have commented, there is not much to do when you are playing. Once the story is over, there is not world to play around and do things in. It doesn't have a high replay value but it is worth it to play through. At the very least rent this and play through the story. You won't regret it. Expand
  14. Sep 11, 2010
    AI is very bad, drivers don't care for WEAPONS AND GUNS, and there are some bugs on Xbox 360. But, I want to know, why we must take 20 min to do a mission ? Because you can't use the taxi, and... OMG, around the city and do everything ... And then : Mission Failed ... This game is so crazy and waste of time.
  15. Sep 17, 2010
    Mafia was a revolutionary, beautiful and epic adventure in Lost Heaven, and is clearly one of the best games ever made for any platform. It had everything that makes a game something, that's more than a GAME. I've played through the main storyline so many times, that even today I know every mission in the game. When Mafia II was announced I thought that 'Yes, we will have a game, that'sMafia was a revolutionary, beautiful and epic adventure in Lost Heaven, and is clearly one of the best games ever made for any platform. It had everything that makes a game something, that's more than a GAME. I've played through the main storyline so many times, that even today I know every mission in the game. When Mafia II was announced I thought that 'Yes, we will have a game, that's better than GTA IV, a true mob story on the PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3'. I've completed Mafia II, and the only thing I can say: 'I don't want to ever see this game again'.

The game has no (alright I don't want to spoiler: only a very small) connection to the first game in terms of story. You are Vito Scaletta, a small time gangster, who has to fight in WWII. The first Chapter of the game is TOTALLY pointless, I don't know why is it even playable, when you will see parts of the game that you want to play, and they're just videos. It's the proof of **** and lazy game design, that's true for the whole game.
    The game's artificial intelligence is also a dumb **** The cops are stupid like hell. If you go above 40 mph, and you slow down just before them they won't care, you run on red lights they don't care. Even if you steal a car, they won't care in a specific situation: if they see you that you break the glass of the car, sit in and start messing with the startup they will just go away. So to steal a car without being arrested, just simply wait for the cop to come by you, then press Q, and they will go away without ****ing with you. But if they see, that you start the engine (!!) they will want to arrest you. Alright I have one question: is this reality? They wanted to make the game so real, they even programmed, that your gas can run out from the car, and they made this enormous bug with the artificial intelligence?? If in real life you try to steal a car, and you smash it's ****ing window the cops will simply say 'Alright, he hasn't start the engine yet, just go on'. Shame.
    Your companions artificial intelligence is also a pile of dog **** In the end of the game they won't even open the door for themselves, they will just walk into the door, and walk in place until you open the door for them. I don't even mention that they know 'We're invincible, just go and shoot. Oh **** it's about 645 bullets in my head, who cares, we can't die'.

So in other words the AI is broken. So as the story and nearly the whole game. The story is uninspired, and very bad. First of all it's short, and lacks any good moments, except for Chapter 14. It full of clichés, for example you sell cigarettes, and beat up your sister's off-****ing husband. Even the cutscenes and dialogues are mediocre because of the lame animation. And the game is easy like hell, because of the bad AI. I played it on hard, and on first (and surely last) playthrough it took me about 10 hours to get through the game, without dying more than 10 times. Shame.

The good points in this game are only the graphics, the cars and shooting despite of easy is fun. The graphics look absolutely fantastic, and it's optimized very well. I played it on my Acer 7745G (Core i7 720QM, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, ATi Mobility Radeon 5850), and I was able to play it smoothly with everything turned to maximum, only APEX PhysX turned OFF. But even if I turn it to HIGH it's quite playable. So it looks great and optimized very well. Driving the cars is also great and you can switch whether you want to play it on normal or simulation, which makes driving a lot harder. The shooting is... just shooting from covers, with guns. But that's always fun.

To sum up my review, Mafia II is a bad and disappointing game. It's playable, and maybe deserves one playthrough because it's Mafia, but be prepared that it's buggy and the biggest disappointment I've ever played. Mafia deserves a sequel, that's worthy of it's name. And this is not. This is an offer, you can and maybe you want to refuse.
  16. Sep 7, 2010
    It was eight years ago since the first mafia game, Mafia: the City of Lost Heaven, graced us with an insight into the criminal underworld. A further five years after we got our first glimpse of 2K Czech's Mafia II. Three years later and itâ
  17. Sep 27, 2010
    Good control of the cars, the shooting parts are good, maybe a little dull plot.
    The graphics are spectacular, and the audio is done very well.
    I was tuned into the game until the end. But the problem is that: the end comes too soon.

It's not worth the price.
  18. Oct 31, 2010
    This game is good. However there are some problems that really bring the game down. The major one, for me, was the fact that the save points are so far apart that you sometimes are basically half way through the mission and you get sent back to the start. But overall, I had fun playing through the main quest, but once your done that don't expect much else after...unless you want to collectThis game is good. However there are some problems that really bring the game down. The major one, for me, was the fact that the save points are so far apart that you sometimes are basically half way through the mission and you get sent back to the start. But overall, I had fun playing through the main quest, but once your done that don't expect much else after...unless you want to collect all the playboy centrefolds ;) Expand
  19. Jun 16, 2011
    The game offers a terrific, interesting, touching and an incredible story. You get that cool feeling of pretending in the mafia world in the 1940-50's. It's like if you were watching a movie while playing a game. The story also shows you how family value is important. As the story goes, you get more absorb and interested. The problem is the gameplay. That means that this game may not beThe game offers a terrific, interesting, touching and an incredible story. You get that cool feeling of pretending in the mafia world in the 1940-50's. It's like if you were watching a movie while playing a game. The story also shows you how family value is important. As the story goes, you get more absorb and interested. The problem is the gameplay. That means that this game may not be for everybody. Personally, I enjoyed it. But sometimes there was too much driving and talking. If I wanted to see a movie, I would have bought a movie. If I wanted to play a video game, I would have bought a video game. In this case, is like buying a video game, and watching a movie. Of course, there were gun fights and one on one fights. But you still donâ Expand
  20. Feb 21, 2011
    'm a big fan of what Mafia 2 does. I really am. The game provides an excellent story with solid graphics and gameplay, but it doesn't provide a bang for your buck at all, in fact it feels unfinished, and for this I wouldn't recommend a full purchase. Let's start with the good points, of which there are many of. The main draw of the game is the plot, which, while being the standard'm a big fan of what Mafia 2 does. I really am. The game provides an excellent story with solid graphics and gameplay, but it doesn't provide a bang for your buck at all, in fact it feels unfinished, and for this I wouldn't recommend a full purchase. Let's start with the good points, of which there are many of. The main draw of the game is the plot, which, while being the standard 8-10 hours, is one of the better of 2010. You play as Vito Scaletta, who came to America with his family when he was a child, and soon fell into small time crime with school buddy Joe. Until, that is, when Mafia 2 takes an unexpected twist, before you've performed any actual gameplay. They show you being arrested and, as the year was 1943, put into the army, to fight with the army in Italy. It's here where you have the tutorial level, in what's a surreal experience, a third-person World War 2 level. After you finish, Vito explains that he got shot a couple of years later, and comes home to Empire Bay for a month's leave, where he meets with Joe and his mother and sister. Joe throws you a solid and orders a forged doctor's note explaining you can't fight anymore, through his connections with the mafia. It's here you begin doing a few errands for the family he's with. After a few levels doing this, Mafia 2 throws unexpected twist number two: you get thrown in the big house. A federal big house, to that. And you actually play some of this time, to which I laughed and made a joke about a mission involving you trying to not drop the soap, something which almost came terrifyingly true. Anyway, you get out 6 years later, meet up with Joe again, and work from there, not giving anything away. Safe to say, the ride you do take is a great one. As mentioned in the intro, both gameplay and graphics are stellar. The shooting controls are mainly Grand Theft Auto style, except with no auto aim, which isn't all too bad. However, sprinting is performed by L1/LT, which has no stamina limit. For actions such as opening a door or jacking a car, there are two options; a quiet option where you either open or pick the lock (a cool new feature) and don't gain attention easily, or a fast, loud option, where you smash everything, which will gain attention. Driving is also GTA-esque, with heavy mid-century cars handling pretty well (and reach impressive 125 mph+ speeds) , although there is no option to perform a drive-by, which is sorely missed. The graphics are very good, with faces looking realistic, but there isn't much chance to appreciate it in the open world. There is, however, one draw back, which drags it down severely: the lack of extra things to do and re- playability. The game is a linear game, i.e. not open world like GTA, which isn't bad by any means, but limits your wondering around. Also, there isn't a "free-roam" option at the end of the game. This makes it quite hard to gauge when to do things in Empire Bay. There are 2 collectibles during the game; wanted posters, which you don't know when to go finding, and there is no incentive to do so. There also isn't a gameplay incentive to collect the Playboy magazines, but you will. You can also buy various clothes, which add to the feel of the game, and some of the suits are pretty sweet. To gain money to do this you can crush or sell cars, apart from completing missions. And that's about it. No multiplayer, which is fine, in fact I prefer single player-orientated games. But there aren't any side missions either, which isn't fine. Why? Because this is an unfinished game. Two contacts appear early in the game; Mike and Derek, and they appear in Level 2. After this, their icons appear on the map, and you can go talk to them, to which they say something on the lines of "Sorry kid, there's nothing for you today." There never is. Ever. Why would they put this in if there aren't any? Because they planned on having some, but then took them out, probably because they ran out of time, for a game they spent a long time working on. And on the internet, I've watched an entire, working level, which didn't appear in the game. Why? Because of creative purposes, I hear you say Take 2? Of course not, because you ran out of time to integrate it , or you couldn't be bothered. And that's what's annoying. Overall, rating wise:
    Gameplay: 8.5
    Graphics: 8.5
    Story: 9
    Lasting Appeal: 5
  21. Mar 20, 2011
    I just finished the game, took me a week of casual playing, although I am sure a hardcore gamer can finish it within 24h. I really did enjoyed the story, when it ended I wanted more, I had the feeling the game was short. What disappointed me mostly is that there was no Free-play option after I finished the game, thus making this game's life span, quite short.
  22. Jul 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game play and graphics are awesome but the glitches are frustrating and the ending is very disappointing and the game should have been alot longer Expand
  23. Jul 19, 2011
    Melhor visualizado em: criticalplayer.com.br Jogo de 2010, produzido e distribuído pela 2K, Mafia II é um "SandBox" que proporciona uma verdadeira imersão no submundo do crime organizado. Retrata fielmente cenários, hábitos, objetos, músicas, armas, enfim todos os elementos que compuseram o ambiente daMelhor visualizado em: criticalplayer.com.br Jogo de 2010, produzido e distribuído pela 2K, Mafia II é um "SandBox" que proporciona uma verdadeira imersão no submundo do crime organizado. Retrata fielmente cenários, hábitos, objetos, músicas, armas, enfim todos os elementos que compuseram o ambiente da máfia nas décadas de 40 e 50 nos Estados Unidos.

O enredo é o ponto forte do jogo, apesar de no início parecer ser simples demais, ao logo da trama a vida de Vito Scaletta sofre uma série de reviravoltas, dando assim um alto toque de dramaticidade e consequentemente atratividade ao longo da história.

Vito Scaletta, filho de imigrantes italianos, resolve abandonar a pobreza de sua família que é honesta e trabalhadora para abraçar a vida fácil do crime. Juntamente com seu melhor amigo Joe Barbaro, Vito começa a assaltar pequenas lojas na cidade de Empire Bay (fictícia, porém com elementos de outras grandes cidades americanas como Nova York, Chicago, Detroit.) até ser pego pela polícia e ter de escolher entre a cadeia ou a Segunda Guerra Mundial.

O jogo inicia com uma missão na Itália, onde Vito é ferido e mandado de volta para casa de modo a se recuperar. Com a ajuda de Joe, Vito consegue se livrar das obrigações militares e assim inicia seus trabalhos para a máfia. (parei com o spoiler!)

A jogabilidade é bem simples e apresenta poucos problemas, o que por si só, já é um ponto positivo.

Os gráficos são o ponto fraco, colisões de polígonos, texturas horríveis, um jogo lançado em 2010, não pode se apresentar desta maneira (beleza é quase fundamental!).

Pode-se ouvir as músicas reais da época nas estações de rádio dos veículos, o que é bem legal. (só se você avaliar isso como um acerto dos desenvolvedores com relação à época, porque pessoalmente, coloquei o volume das músicas no 0, muito irritantes. Mas é claro que não se deve colocar Heavy Metal em um jogo que se passa na década de 40!)

Uma interessante característica do jogo, é a de poder colecionar revistas Playboy da época, que podem ser encontradas em diferentes pontos da cidade, o que eleva bastante o fator replay. O tempo de jogo ficou bom, você não chega a enjoar e chegar ao ponto de pegar outro jogo para se entreter. A história ajuda bastante nesse ponto.
  24. Jun 6, 2015
    Mafia II is like a Grand Theft Auto episode on rails. It has a world and a basic linear campaign, but not enough material for sandbox fun or side missions. This results in low replay value.

Some parts of the game are polished, and things like the licensed Playboy media are novel, but it isn't enough to make Mafia II a worthwhile purchase.
  25. Sep 23, 2011
    Wow! This game sucks. Just got killed by a cop and had to go back like 10 minutes and do it all over again. Game appears to be a sandbox style game but offers not real interaction with the world around you. Shooting controls are awful and sluggish, and the car handle like crap, expect for just a few of them. This game is a bastardization of GTA. Its like they hired all the programmersWow! This game sucks. Just got killed by a cop and had to go back like 10 minutes and do it all over again. Game appears to be a sandbox style game but offers not real interaction with the world around you. Shooting controls are awful and sluggish, and the car handle like crap, expect for just a few of them. This game is a bastardization of GTA. Its like they hired all the programmers under-qualified to work at Rockstar. The story is actually decent, but the sluggish controls and few and far between save points really ruin the enjoyment of the game. Expand
  26. Oct 27, 2011
    I couldn't finish it, it was too much like a linear GTA4 that had a crap story. Sorry but I am slightly biased against beating a dead horse with a story that has been done to death. Nothing new here, but some of the cut-scenes and happenings are hilarious. Aside from that, move along. I commend the developers, but this game needs a major overhaul if the mafia story is to continue.
  27. Dec 25, 2012
    So where to begin? First of all this is not a bad game in any sense. It just lacks that final push to make it a great game. So I guess the best word for it is good. Just good. Nothing more. The story is interesting and fun, with an awesome cameo to the original game. The city is unbelievably well done, the level of detail in the world is amazing. The cars are all well done and fun to use,So where to begin? First of all this is not a bad game in any sense. It just lacks that final push to make it a great game. So I guess the best word for it is good. Just good. Nothing more. The story is interesting and fun, with an awesome cameo to the original game. The city is unbelievably well done, the level of detail in the world is amazing. The cars are all well done and fun to use, albeit with fairly bad handling at high speeds (but that makes sense when considering these cars from the 50's). The music is amazing and fun. The shooting is fun and the main characters in-game model is well done. In a firefight, when bullets fly near you, you will duck, or cover your head from the exploding debris around you. When sneaking or in cover, you don't just stand in one place, your character will look around and check his corners. It adds a level of believabilty the shooting mechanics. You can be one-shot, and although it is frustrating, it also adds believability and your health doesn't regenerate past about 60%. Now the bad. The open world is not so open. You don't get a chance to explore it freely since you are always rushed to the next objective. On top of that there is nothing to do in the world, but complete the objectives and see the sights. No mission replay option makes getting collectibles a chore. Since there is no way to replay a mission, any collectible you miss, is gone until you decide to replay the game from the start. A lot of game mechanics are introduced and then dropped right away. For example the phone booths, where you can call different characters. Sounds like a cool Metal Gear type feature, except you can only use it twice during scripted events. At any other time it says that you can't call anyone. A waste of a great feature. Characters are introduced but never mentioned of again, despite the game saying that they are important. My main problem with this game though is the horrible autosave. It only saves before/after certain cutscenes. That's okay, only anything you do in between no longer matters. Go to buy a new gun, stock up on ammo, and buy a new suit, but crash and die right outside of the objective. Nope there goes 30 minutes of your time since now you have to do that all again. In a gun fight and get to the very end but take an accidental bullet to the face from the last enemy, well time to do the entire sequence again. And since the world is so big, dying before a savepoint forces you to backtrack nearly 10 minutes worth of just trecking along. It gets especially annoying in the later stages where there are a lot of enemies and you die more often. The savepoints are not even after every cutscene. Occasionally I would go 2 or 3 cutscenes without a save. Overall a good game, that could have been great. It has the elements needed to make an amazing game, but never really takes the final step. Expand
  28. Jul 4, 2013
    Its characters and environment may feel sincerely disconnected from the player at times, but the rest of "Mafia II" will tend to impress for the most part.
  29. Jul 1, 2013
    This was a pretty good game I have to admit, but in some area's it was a drag.Spolier alert There is a mafia 3 on the making.My disc froze so I did not really get to enjoy it.
  30. Sep 18, 2013
    Summary
    +Good story with impactful moments, particularly in the 40s/50s setting.
    +Interesting combat that is surprisingly difficult +Great characters with each of their own unique personalities -The story in moments is confusing, yet in others is very predictable (particularly the end) -There should be more emphasis on free roaming, as free roaming is limited. -The driving can feel
    Summary
    +Good story with impactful moments, particularly in the 40s/50s setting.
    +Interesting combat that is surprisingly difficult
    +Great characters with each of their own unique personalities
    -There should be more emphasis on free roaming, as free roaming is limited.
    -The driving can feel clunky, and the use of police restricting gameplay can be annoying.

Full Review
    The first thing to say about Mafia 2 is that the story is very unique in that it really demonstrates the dark nature of the gangster life style. This is particularly true with regards to how throughout the game your character will constantly be brought back from achieving any major success, and gets screwed over a lot. This in combination with great characters, in particularly Joe (who is surprisingly funny, while at the same time useful in combat) makes for a great story. Furthermore your character, Vito, is very interesting in the sense that his loyalty isn’t always where you think it is. This helps to make your character feel more hard done by, because he wants to gain power, yet his mixed loyalties prevent him from doing so. However unlike other games in this genre, most of the sub characters, like Henry, are also well executed. This is particularly enhanced with good voice acting.

Unfortunately with regards to the story there are some issues. The first is that the story particularly when the other gangs within the city get involved can feel confusing at time, and difficult to follow. That said the explanations within the cut scenes help clarification. The second issue is how predictable the story is at moments, as you always know that the dark nature of the story prevents things from being as smooth as it should. This is particularly true of the ending which ends on a really shallow note that can be seen from a mile away. However possible the main issue is how the story feels too short, as you never actually get to play as Vito when he gains major success. This means that if you want to play as a Mafia boss and feel like a powerful badass, Godfather 2 is probably the game for you despite its falls.

Nevertheless the story’s falls can be sort of forgiven as a result of the combat. The combat is broken down into melee and gun combat. The melee is ok but a bit easy once you unlock the ability to counter-attack. That said the melee is certainly better than it is in GTA4, but not as good as Sleeping Dogs. However the main combat is of course gun combat. This is a lot of fun as unlike other gang theme games, like Saints Row 2, even on normal difficultly gun combat is surprisingly challenging. This is because of a combination of surprisingly clever enemy A.I, e.g. they will try and outflank, other enemies will suicide charge while you are shot at by other enemies; and the fact that it can take less than four shots to kill you, and some weapons like the shotgun can kill you in one shot (the only drawback is that this can lead to a lot of trial and error). That said I feel that the combat could be improved with more weapon variety, and make each weapon feel different, as you will fine (particularly with the machine guns) that a lot of the weapons feel very similar. There also should have been more variety of throw able weapons, and they should have appeared more frequently for you to use.

Also another thing to mention, which I personally like is the fact that like in “Scarface: The World is Yours”, gaining police attention is largely discouraged because if you get caught doing a crime in a car or certain clothing, you will become wanted meaning every time the police are nearby you will get a wanted level. While such restriction can be limiting, it is surprisingly well executed and gives the game some uniqueness.

There are only two major complaints I have with the game. The first is that there is very little to do in free-roaming, as you can rod stores, sell cars, buy clothes/guns, improve cars, and that’s basically it. It is obvious that the game is focused on story, because each of the chapters is basically a long mission, giving you limited free-roaming opportunities. I feel that the developers should have place more functionality in free-roam as it would help give the game more replay-ability.

The second complaint is the driving in the game. For me it feels clunky and a bit frustrating at times. Now this could be forgiven if the majority of gameplay isn’t driving. Unfortunately you will quickly realise a lot of gameplay is just driving around, e.g. you will often have to drive Joe home, them drive yourself home which is on the other side of a surprisingly large map. I can understand that because the cars are based in the 40s and 50s the designers weren’t going to make them as crisp as cars in games set in modern day, but you can’t help but wish that the cars were more fun to drive.
  31. Oct 7, 2013
    Mafia II is a good game Not a great game. A solid game. The points that Mafia II excelled in is definitely the story. It feels great to go visit Empire Bay and be a member of a notorious crime family. The characters are incredible. The main character Vito is very strong in the lead role. Not to mention his best friend Joe, who grows on you instantly and you begin to care about him. TheMafia II is a good game Not a great game. A solid game. The points that Mafia II excelled in is definitely the story. It feels great to go visit Empire Bay and be a member of a notorious crime family. The characters are incredible. The main character Vito is very strong in the lead role. Not to mention his best friend Joe, who grows on you instantly and you begin to care about him. The areas that this game lacks in is the game play. The gun fights feel really clunky and it's hard to get your shots on target I was playing on the hardest difficulty) But that doesn't break the game Overall Mafia II is a good experience for someone looking for a game with a fantastic story. The game clocks in around 12 hours. So at the price that it is now. I recommend a buy. Expand
  32. Dec 1, 2015
    Mafia II features an intriguing story with likable characters, and excellent music, all in a sprawling atmospheric open world. The only problem? That's all it has. Because along with the great story and characters come rather poor technical aspects.

Optimization on console is somewhat poor, with frame rates varying drastically at certain points in the game. Gameplay consists of decent driving controls, along with very bland combat and shooting mechanics (The crosshair in shooting sections isn't even in the middle of the screen), albeit with a neat cover system.

Even the entertaining story is hurt by the extreme linearity of the game. Sure, you have a big open city to explore and buy things in, but that's it. There are no side missions, you are restricted to the main story with nothing else to do other than just messing around. Robbing stores and diners adds a little fun, but it doesn't last long.

The story, music/art, and presentation in this game are all there, but the lack of actual open world elements such as side missions or NPC interaction in this supposedly "open world" RPG and lackluster combat mechanics makes it a rather boring game when you want to do something other than main missions or robbing a shirt store for the 20th time.

Not a bad game by any stretch, but it leaves something to be desired.
  33. Jun 12, 2015
    Dia 16 tem e3 e finalmente vou fazer minha Crítica ao mafia 2 . Eu zerei mafia 2 duas vezes , mafia 2 é um jogo com uma história ótima mais muito mal como podemos dizer "investida" , eu como futuro produtor de games "investiria" muito mais nessa historia muito ótimo , o roteirista tirou um 10 , mais a outra parte da equipe vacilou neh , praticamente podemos dizer " 15 missões " pra umDia 16 tem e3 e finalmente vou fazer minha Crítica ao mafia 2 . Eu zerei mafia 2 duas vezes , mafia 2 é um jogo com uma história ótima mais muito mal como podemos dizer "investida" , eu como futuro produtor de games "investiria" muito mais nessa historia muito ótimo , o roteirista tirou um 10 , mais a outra parte da equipe vacilou neh , praticamente podemos dizer " 15 missões " pra um jogo que prometei tanto ai é fod* , então recomendo esse jogo para quem quer um jogo para zerar apenas isso . Expand
  34. Nov 1, 2015
    I really enjoyed Mafia II but there is a slight issue, for me at least. I completed the campaign and I wasn't particularly satisfied with how the game ended (I will not spoil the story.) Then it put me back into the Main Menu. I tried to get back into the free roam but it wouldn't let me. Apparently, you can't play it once you've completed it. That is why this game doesn't have a higherI really enjoyed Mafia II but there is a slight issue, for me at least. I completed the campaign and I wasn't particularly satisfied with how the game ended (I will not spoil the story.) Then it put me back into the Main Menu. I tried to get back into the free roam but it wouldn't let me. Apparently, you can't play it once you've completed it. That is why this game doesn't have a higher rating. Because I hadn't collected all of the collectibles and I never will. Expand
  35. Sep 5, 2015
    This game has a interesting setting, decent fighting and hijacking cars is rad. As for problems the Cops are always after you constantly, repairing cars takes a while. And this game is quite long which is good, in a way. You're only weapons are guns and your fists nothing else. It's a average game nothing to bad, yet nothing to go good either.

1. Jan 12, 2011
    A great story that manages to make old ground seem fresh, coupled with out-of-this world sound design, is sadly attached to a middle-of-the-road, limited third-person gaming experience.
  2. Mafia II's exciting action and uncompromising mob story make for an impressive and violent adventure.
  3. I'm a sucker for a good mob story, but Mafia II's is merely decent.