7.4

1. DavidD.
    Jul 31, 2009
    Absolutely Love it!! I don't know how this game can be any better. I was never a die hard but I did play a little bit here and there. The things I didn't like about the actual card game was all the cards that you had to handle. And of course I had no one to play against because all the people were so freaking nerdy with their broken decks!! In this, anyone has a chance to win Absolutely Love it!! I don't know how this game can be any better. I was never a die hard but I did play a little bit here and there. The things I didn't like about the actual card game was all the cards that you had to handle. And of course I had no one to play against because all the people were so freaking nerdy with their broken decks!! In this, anyone has a chance to win because you can't have every and any card you want. Everyone is on the same footing almost. You unlock cards as you go through the single player. And of course the online game is great because you can always find someone to play against. Expand
  2. CA
    Jun 20, 2009
    If you're a fan of MTG, here's what I think you want to know - you start with 2 basic decks, you earn new cards and new decks by playing against the AI opponents. (Not by buying more cards with real money) You can play through the campaign either single player or co-op (co-op is offline only, and versus is online only), and you can play online with friends, or against strangers If you're a fan of MTG, here's what I think you want to know - you start with 2 basic decks, you earn new cards and new decks by playing against the AI opponents. (Not by buying more cards with real money) You can play through the campaign either single player or co-op (co-op is offline only, and versus is online only), and you can play online with friends, or against strangers in ranked or unranked matches. Online play includes support for 2, 3, and 4 player matches. The biggest drawback so far seems to be the lack of a full deck editor. You unlock the decks they have for you, and can't change any of the basic cards of the deck - all you can do is add to it (or not) from the other cards you earn. (I'm hoping once I get far enough, I'll unlock the ability to fully edit the decks, but for now it seems like they streamlined this to prevent people from making "broken" decks.) There is also a puzzle mode I haven't really dug into that seems similar to the old puzzle set ups they would have in issues of "The Duelist." Aside from that, the presentation is great - the timing system takes some getting used to, but works well (Make sure you turn off simplified targeting if you're an advanced player!), and I'm having a blast with it. Highly recommended if you ever had fun with any of MTG's video game or real world incarnations, or if you just want to see what all the fuss is about without dropping a lot of cash. Expand
  3. LukeS
    Jun 18, 2009
    Magic is a good game for any fans of the card game. The challenge level makes it frustrating at times, but it makes winning all the sweeter. There seems to be a lot to do, and 4 hours in, I'm not even close to beating it. Worthy of the card game!
  4. CharlesGillespie
    Jul 7, 2009
    For $10 less the a starter deck of the card game you get the full expierence. this game will teach you how the rules of magice work, and how work out card combos. it falls short of deck building and limited cards, but for $10 it's a great taste of the game of Magic.
  5. EroEroAlex
    Sep 2, 2009
    Really, just a well put together MTG experience, great Deck options, unlockable cards, Great online 1-4 players, or 2v2 with a friend on your 360 against another team, heh, it hooks ya pretty well, could use a tad few more options as it stands now, more cards, or a higher level of deck customization, but with additional content coming its only a matter of time, as it stands, all that itReally, just a well put together MTG experience, great Deck options, unlockable cards, Great online 1-4 players, or 2v2 with a friend on your 360 against another team, heh, it hooks ya pretty well, could use a tad few more options as it stands now, more cards, or a higher level of deck customization, but with additional content coming its only a matter of time, as it stands, all that it is, is without question worth $10. Expand
  6. MattB
    Jun 18, 2009
    This game is really, really fun for all magic fans. It needs a deckbuilder though, that is the only thing really holding it back from being a 'wow' or a 'must have' game.
  7. mikew
    Jun 21, 2009
    DotP is a great way to enjoy a casual game of Magic without having fork over a hundred dollars putting a couple of decks together then trying to find someone to play with you.
  8. Andyman
    Jun 20, 2009
    Finally, a very affordable way to play Magic. It's very nicely done, with a clean interface, great sound, good animation, and a crapton of things to do. I'm eagerly looking forward to playing it on Live... once I get a bunch of the unlockable cards.
  9. KJ
    Jun 18, 2009
    Amazing game for 10 bucks. Sweet graphics with sleek animations. Sound gets old.. but you can easily just play your own. Lots of modes with tons of stuff to do! Online has multiple modes and you can even play with your friends. The A.I. is very solid and can prove to be frustrating at times with is what Magic is all about. They just really need to allow us to customize our decks a bit. Amazing game for 10 bucks. Sweet graphics with sleek animations. Sound gets old.. but you can easily just play your own. Lots of modes with tons of stuff to do! Online has multiple modes and you can even play with your friends. The A.I. is very solid and can prove to be frustrating at times with is what Magic is all about. They just really need to allow us to customize our decks a bit. This will win EVERYONE over. Future DLC were mentioned - therefore allowing us more cards. With more cards they HAVE to allow some deck customizing or it wouldn't make sense. Game also comes with a real promo foil card of a planeswalker. That's worth 10 bucks alone. You wont find a more enjoyable game for 10 bucks on the Arcade system - that is a fact. Enjoy. Expand

1. X-ONE Magazine UK
    It's cheaper than an actual Starter pack. [Issue#49, p.103]
  2. Duels of the Planeswalkers (which bears the same title as the 11-year old expansion to MicroProse’s adaptation of M:TG) is a neat, albeit simplified, adaptation of the classic game.
  3. If you're already a Magic expert, this is an acceptable way to get in a few games online with friends, though you'll likely find the inability to create your own deck to be a pretty major drawback. If you're a Magic neophyte, you'll get more out of this experience.