Major League Baseball 2K6 Xbox 360

3.9

1. BryanMcCann
    Sep 18, 2007
    the only thing i hate is the batting formate. I think it sucks. it is hard to get a home run and why is Barry bonds not in this game or 07s verson. o and bonds was in the 04 verson and more just not in 2ks versons. so that is not the reason Teej C.
  2. Ron
    Apr 11, 2006
    It is an ok Baseball Game. Nothing I would have expected for the xbox 360 though. It isn't any different than playing it on the xbox. Just my opinion. Now for online.........I don't know 2K Servers won't let you connect. Just like in NBA and College Hoops!!! It Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. NickB.
    May 27, 2006
    I play minor league baseball and I have to say that MLB2k6 is pretty realistic once you adjust custom game sliders where you want them. Although I have played the game extensively and enjoy it, there are two characteristics I dont' like AT ALL. For one, the games realism is great but, when an infielder chucks a ball to first, the ball shouldn't bounce across the screen. Dude, I play minor league baseball and I have to say that MLB2k6 is pretty realistic once you adjust custom game sliders where you want them. Although I have played the game extensively and enjoy it, there are two characteristics I dont' like AT ALL. For one, the games realism is great but, when an infielder chucks a ball to first, the ball shouldn't bounce across the screen. Dude, smooth it out! The second flaw I believe MLB2k6 has is; when a pitcher is at 100 pitches or so and is throwing a shutout through 8 innings, he shouldn't be pulled! I think the AI of the computer controlled coaching should be improved. Once in season play and teams start to develop, the computer seems to think that the player with the best batting avg. should bat lead off. So.....I just got done playing a three game series against the Mets and Beltran batted leadoff and Cliff Floyd second! I mean c'mon. For all of us who play MLB2k6 for the love of the game of baseball period, this is a big let down. Even though there is that small flaw in season play, competing against the computer is bad a**. Very realistic. Oh ya, one more thing; if Rafael Furcal hits a line drive down the left field line, it should be a double right? Well, I had to turn up the base running speed to be more realistic cuz everyone in the outfield has absolute cannons for throwing arms and its almost impossible to get extra base hits. K- thats enough i guess. Sometimes i wish I could sit down with a baseball game developer and help out with some things. I have owned about 15 video games in my life and all of them are baseball games. With the exception of the new Madden, which was a complete dissapointment. I guess i'm gonna have to veer from playing baseball games unless they step it up a notch. Later. Expand
  4. Connor
    Jul 6, 2006
    I dont think the game is that bad but they could aprove the swing stick even if I do use the A button to swing. also the players even dont look like the player in real life. all they do is put there number and name in there shirts ans say thats them.
  5. TeejC.
    Jan 20, 2007
    Dyrty dog, you're completely misinformed. The reason Bonds isn't in the game in any capacity is BONDS' FAULT! There's no anti-Barry conspiracy. Bonds refuses to be a member of the players union because he doesn't feel he gets enough money to have his likeness used in video games and other such things, so therefore he's not in the game. Barry Bonds hasn't Dyrty dog, you're completely misinformed. The reason Bonds isn't in the game in any capacity is BONDS' FAULT! There's no anti-Barry conspiracy. Bonds refuses to be a member of the players union because he doesn't feel he gets enough money to have his likeness used in video games and other such things, so therefore he's not in the game. Barry Bonds hasn't been in a video game in years, and it has absolutely nothing to do with game developers being biased. If they were to put Bonds in the game, it would be against the law. Get a clue. That said, this game is not good. Expand
  6. BrandonL.
    Jul 1, 2007
    I think the game is o.k besides sides the stupid anti-bonds situation and the baserunning.

1. New pitching and hitting dynamics make this a fun romp, but its next-gen worthiness is in question.
    Inside Edge is the most significant addition to the game, and we hope to see scouting play a part in the genre in the future. But control problems with baserunning and fielding, along with a lack of general polish, keep 2K6 from being the great game it's trying to be.
    Playing against a real person, the strength of the pitcher-batter face-off carries the game; playing alone, you're more likely to send this one down to the minors before the end of the season.