Major League Baseball 2K7 Xbox 360

7.1

1. FredB.
    Mar 10, 2007
    is anybody else plagued by the repetitive glitches. Every at bat and every out the game freezes for like a minute. besides that the games pretty good but with all the glitches i played 7 innings in an hour and a half and got sick of it.
  2. ARodriguez
    Apr 21, 2007
    Visuals are good, Pitching is good...hitting is beyond stupid. I honestly don't know what they were thinking. You don't even have to make the bat find the ball. Just pull back and release your stick and your bat magically hits the ball. I can't figure out why older baseball games are so much better with hitting. It really feels like the people who made this game love Visuals are good, Pitching is good...hitting is beyond stupid. I honestly don't know what they were thinking. You don't even have to make the bat find the ball. Just pull back and release your stick and your bat magically hits the ball. I can't figure out why older baseball games are so much better with hitting. It really feels like the people who made this game love watching baseball, but never actually played. This feels NOTHING like hitting. Its too bad because this could have really been a great game had someone put thought into the hitting. Expand
  3. HaploC.
    Apr 6, 2007
    This game is pretty disappointing. The graphics are great and all, and I like the commentary, but tons of the gameplay aspects drive me nuts. The swing-stick controls are garbage, and it's far to easy to knock balls out of the park... there's next to no small-ball in the game. I have not once beaten out an infield single. Not once. That's ridiculous. And turning double This game is pretty disappointing. The graphics are great and all, and I like the commentary, but tons of the gameplay aspects drive me nuts. The swing-stick controls are garbage, and it's far to easy to knock balls out of the park... there's next to no small-ball in the game. I have not once beaten out an infield single. Not once. That's ridiculous. And turning double plays is the easiest thing in the world. It also freezes up constantly. I can't wait until EA is back in the fray. Expand
  4. PDiddy
    Sep 5, 2007
    I agree with C-Bass. The hitting is horrible. The hitting needs to be changed fast. You can't even tell what is going to be a ball or a strike. When your pitching, the pitching is very good . But overall the game is quite unrealistic. I was playing a game and I got robbed of a home run 8 times in one game. IN ONE GAME! Big changes need to happen with this game.
  5. DickC.
    Sep 7, 2007
    MLB 2K7=FRUSTRATION! My game freezes up every time I try to advance to the post season. The one thing you can look forward to after playing 70 or so games and I am for some reason not allowed in the playoffs after I had the best record in the league. The whole system freezes and the worst part is that there is nothing I can do about it. Koodos to the graphics and that is about it.
  6. C-Bass
    Jul 8, 2007
    Hitting is unforgivable...how could anyone create a game with hitting like this. Its like the developers have NEVER played baseball in their lives.
  7. NealC.
    Sep 11, 2007
    The graphics for this game are amazing. However, every other aspect of this game sucks. When your team goes on a cold streak, forget about even trying to win the game almost every pitch you could think of throwing is hit out of the park, ridiculous. Another glitch, if you can call it a glitch is the amount of HR's that are robbed in a game, how often does that happen in REAL The graphics for this game are amazing. However, every other aspect of this game sucks. When your team goes on a cold streak, forget about even trying to win the game almost every pitch you could think of throwing is hit out of the park, ridiculous. Another glitch, if you can call it a glitch is the amount of HR's that are robbed in a game, how often does that happen in REAL baseball? Almost never. The last and final thing that has pissed me off about this game is the fact that I can not even play the playoffs, I simulated the last month of my season to get to that point and the game freezes. What a waste of what looked like a promising game. Good luck next year. Where is EA Sports? Expand

1. MLB 2K7 is certainly a better game, but most of the new content is of the visual variety. I can't stress enough how impressive this aspect of the game is. It captures the look, sound, and feel of the game better than anything you've seen before. [Mar 2007, p.98]
    Odd fielding choices, hesitation steps around bases and tons of slowdown that randomly assaults the game. That's also excluding the un-updated rosters, repetitive dialogue and other issues that crop up. 2K7 is still fun.
  3. The pitching and batting mechanics are solid once again, and the fielding has been greatly improved.