7.1

1. Jun 5, 2011
    MLB 2K7 is an unbalanced and, in a way, bipolar. At some points you hit homeruns like it's the derby, and at others you are excited to muster up even a single. The game is unpredictable, the hitting is just plain stupid, and the pitching is old a repetive. Gamplay: The gameplay is unfair and unrewarding. The hitting is hard even on Pro settings, and every strike is borderline. If you hit the ball in the air, it's either a 450ft homerun or a gold glove play from some random John Smith. If you hit it on the ground it's either gold glove play or single. Simply put, the hitting is 50% luck and 50% skill. Timing the pitches is tough enough, and hitting the ball where nobody else is extremely difficult even on lower difficulties. The batter's eye is nothing but a hinder. The pithcer throws a pitch before you can even set it up sometimes. I found it useless and didn't utilize the feature in my first 10 or so games. The pitching is okay compared to the bipolar hitting. Pitching is all timing and knowing how far the pitch drops. There is no way to know how far the pitch drops unless you've pitched with the pitcher you are using before. You are basically guessing the whole first inning. Sometimes I would hit the catcher's spot dircectly and the CPU would smack a homerun or take for a ball. The catchers are stupid to say the least, and I prefer to pick were I want the ball instead. Now the fielding. The fielding is so bad and chock-full of glitches that there is nothing that I can say is good. Fielders sometimes run right past the ball, resulting in triples and IPHRs. Fielders sometimes don't do what you tell them to do. Sometimes when a man is going to 3rd base or Home, the fielders will just lob the ball in like their playing catch with 6 year olds. It destroys all chances of no-hitters, perfect games, shutouts, even complete games. Even the best fileders look foolish with the terrible controls and glitches. The gameplay is a 4.0
    Presentation: The persentation is very tatty and unofficial. It doesn't remind you of baseball at all besides Derek Jeter's picture at the main menu. it reminds me of going into the garage of a car dealership. Metallic and white, nothing exciting here. The music is OK. Most are by unknown artists or known artists from the late 70's to 80's. The music is again, OK. The Presentation is a 6.0
    Game Modes: This game has no unique modes at all. Nothing new at all. Just stuff from other games except worse. Game modes are a 4.0
    Graphics: For a game made in '06, this game is beautiful. It can be comapred to games that were released in '11. Visual Concepts did a great job once again just like it did on ESPN NFL 2K5. The crowd is a different story. Obvioulsy, crowd members don't just come in 3 different varieties: White man, Indian man, and Middle-Aged Woman. What were they thinking? Make everything except for the fans look beautiful? You think that we wouldn't notice at ALL. Ya, well I did. The Graphics could've been a 10 but the fans lower that score to an 8.0
    In conclusion, graphics don't make a game, so I rate this a 5.0 for a rating of Bad.

1. MLB 2K7 is certainly a better game, but most of the new content is of the visual variety. I can't stress enough how impressive this aspect of the game is. It captures the look, sound, and feel of the game better than anything you've seen before. [Mar 2007, p.98]
    Odd fielding choices, hesitation steps around bases and tons of slowdown that randomly assaults the game. That's also excluding the un-updated rosters, repetitive dialogue and other issues that crop up. 2K7 is still fun.
  3. The pitching and batting mechanics are solid once again, and the fielding has been greatly improved.