5.9

1. donaldperez
    Mar 6, 2008
    I decided to write a lill because when i started to play mlb 2k8 i was mad because of the pitching everything was a meatball and i was just getting crushed, but after about 8 games, i can say this game is Amaizing, i mean you pitch like and real life, you hit like in real life and you also throw like in real life. I liked the show before but now when i play it is like you don't needI decided to write a lill because when i started to play mlb 2k8 i was mad because of the pitching everything was a meatball and i was just getting crushed, but after about 8 games, i can say this game is Amaizing, i mean you pitch like and real life, you hit like in real life and you also throw like in real life. I liked the show before but now when i play it is like you don't need any real skill to play it, but you really need skillz to play 2k8 love it Expand
  2. AnonymousMC
    Mar 7, 2008
    Best pitching in any baseball game, and also great fielding. Graphics took a bit of a hit and framrate problems keep this from being one of the best. Overall its a good game and if you are a baseball and only own a 360 then you have no choice, but if you own a PS3, buy MLB The show.
  3. JobA
    Jan 21, 2010
    Incredible.I've played the heck out of this game.For one because I love the 2k series with all there games,for two the reviews just got worse from there 2k7 game so I wanted to see if they had a broken game here or if it was just people that dont see there innovations and there ability to make such a great game from such a complex sport.I admit that I didn't play this game when Incredible.I've played the heck out of this game.For one because I love the 2k series with all there games,for two the reviews just got worse from there 2k7 game so I wanted to see if they had a broken game here or if it was just people that dont see there innovations and there ability to make such a great game from such a complex sport.I admit that I didn't play this game when it came out,I was stuck on Major league baseball 2k7,but ow that I really gave it a chance,its amazing!Its January 2010 and I love Major league baseball 2k9,its my favorite baseball game but I will definetly play this game from time to time.I still go back to play World series baseball 2k3 because its crazy good to this day.This game has a place in my game library because the pitching in it is Great!I have mlb 08,09 the show because I like to compare games to each other and honestly I think this game is better then mlb 08 the show-for sure,but I dont think it is better then the show 09.Major league baseball 2k9 is better then both though.This is a stand out game for sure,I give it a 8.9 Expand

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Fielding features the sweetest setup in years, with its simple analog-based meter. And baserunning and hitting benefit from less-complex models. Something's still missing. [Apr 2008, p.73]
    It’s the lack of authenticity while on the field that really hurts MLB 2K8. Next-gen simulation sports games are gauged by how closely they emulate the look and feel of the real thing and while the new gameplay mechanics do lend themselves to a more true-to-life experience, the presentation and look of 2K8 in motion really hurts it overall.
  3. It delivers new experiences with its gameplay, offers rewarding bonus content (playable minor league teams, and collectable baseball cards), and improves upon its already robust online play with an array of sorting options that will allow players to find the appropriate match-ups. The only area that needs work is Franchise mode.