5.9

1. JoshTzventarny
    Mar 9, 2008
    I was really looking forward to the new baseball season and 2k8...I bought it right away, but something just seems like its missing. The new pitching mechanics lend themselves to some early blowouts; I let up 15 runs in the first inning of my first game. The hitting has also changed some what and is simply not as intuitive as it was last year.
    On a side note, the game looks much better
    On a side note, the game looks much better than 2k7, much more refined as compared to last year.
  2. FelixBarbitinisimmo
    Mar 5, 2008
    This game is good, not great because of its flaws. One, it has Bobby Abreu in a phillies cap from two years ago.2. All rookies have no real picture, just a fake face. 3. pitching is too hard. 4. game is too hard. 5. This game tries to hard. Switch all settings to classic, and yell at the game makers!

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Fielding features the sweetest setup in years, with its simple analog-based meter. And baserunning and hitting benefit from less-complex models. Something's still missing. [Apr 2008, p.73]
    It’s the lack of authenticity while on the field that really hurts MLB 2K8. Next-gen simulation sports games are gauged by how closely they emulate the look and feel of the real thing and while the new gameplay mechanics do lend themselves to a more true-to-life experience, the presentation and look of 2K8 in motion really hurts it overall.
  3. It delivers new experiences with its gameplay, offers rewarding bonus content (playable minor league teams, and collectable baseball cards), and improves upon its already robust online play with an array of sorting options that will allow players to find the appropriate match-ups. The only area that needs work is Franchise mode.